Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country, an elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Sawn and.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group Chat.
Speaker 3: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral?
Speaker 2: Can We talk a lot about ourselves as well, but today we are sharing some of the most disgusting confessions that Britney has found on this road Instagram page.
Speaker 1: Bigger warning, like straight up trigger warning.
Speaker 2: When we get we'll say, I think that section if you have any kids in the car not appropriate to them? And what else do we talk about? Hey? Chat GPT has taken influences on a brand trip and we share our thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Plus we comment on parenting even though we are not parents.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, it's one of those episodes where we have we have a lot of opinions. Tiffanny is back in the Oh. Actually, I think we only mentioned Tiffanny for the first time today because previously you were Tiffany anyway.
Speaker 1: My older ego has now changed to Tiffanny.
Speaker 2: Oh anyway, the energy through the roof has always told so deal me indult, let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew, Good morning Brittany. No, what's it's Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Tiffany's back, but we're changing it. It's not Tiffany, It's tiff Fanny.
Speaker 2: Tiffanny. Fanny is in the house and I'm wearing my beautiful new micknos jump before you listen to the episode of Close Friends last week, which I'm sure you did. I don't think anyone skips that. You know, with most podcasts, like you have a main episode, then you have a bonus episode that maybe not as many I remember when we did Trash. Yeah, not as many people would listen to the bonus episode as the main episode. Okay, Jay, you let us know, do we have consistent listens for or does some people not even bother with Close Friends?
Speaker 4: Close Friends, it's a little bit lower, but like they're all pretty high, of course, a little bit lower close case.
Speaker 2: There you go, I'm listening. What the hell? Yeah, I think if you didn't listen to Friday's episode, it's one you definitely should listen to Wait. Okay, shit, Tiffany's what's happening? Tiffanny.
Speaker 3: I don't know why this is just popping into my brain, but do you want to know something funny that I'm going to be like you were after America? You know how, for like three months after America you kept talking about it.
Speaker 1: That's going to be me. But with Europe, it's not even funny. You had to be there. But one night we were all like on the mini bus thing, because when we would get off the boat to go to a ven you would get like a big Maxi taxi. And one we were coming back from dinner and we remembered that guy that made the video about bits of glass muffin.
Speaker 2: I got no idea, what, oh.
Speaker 3: Never mind. Then you know the guy that did shoes, Yeah, shoes. Do you know remember when they he did one and it was about all the different flavored muffins.
Speaker 1: No, oh, never mind.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I thought I would just say that in case it triggers in anyone's brain that video used to give me life when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought, seeing as you love games on high Schollers And I haven't approved this with gay J but I think gay j is going to love this because it's going to lead to a lot of engagement for this podcast.
Speaker 1: Engagement.
Speaker 2: Well, your your euro summer trip has inspired me to also go on a trip somewhere, but I'm not going to tell you where. Okay, we are going to play a little game here at High Scrollers and there are a few rules, and all the scrollers get to be involved in this as well. Okay, so do you want to know the rules?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: What's the game called?
Speaker 2: Oh? Fuck off?
Speaker 4: That's your I was going to make a little sting and everything for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, let's play the game. Then I'll tell you the name.
Speaker 2: And then we'll find out the name. Play the game to get the name. So the rules are each week on this podcast, I will give one clue as to where I'm going.
Speaker 1: So we're not even going to figure it out today this week.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I'm going to give you three all right.
Speaker 1: But how many weeks is it going to take us to play this game? Well to you and all the scrolls too impatient for that.
Speaker 2: So all the scrollers Japan can help her in the group chat, the Scrollers group chat. You can all help Brittany in there. Each week after the episode goes live, we'll comment where do you think Matt's going? And you can all help guess, and each week you also get to ask me one yes or no question okay, to help you figure out where I'm going. If you get it today, the game's ruined and we don't need a sting. But I don't think you will because I have started vague and as we go on, they will get more and more obvious as to where I'm going. But I just thought, why not make a fun little game that everyone can get involved see it. If that's what you want this week's yes or no question to be, then well I just want.
Speaker 1: To know because we've got a lot of things coming up over the next few months between your birthday, Hillary.
Speaker 3: Duff, your live show, recording this podcast, Christmas fate.
Speaker 1: I'm not how you're gonna have time to go on a holiday.
Speaker 2: Well, we will get to you being able to ask a question at some point. Would you like this week's three clues? And then from this from next week onwards, it's one clue a week.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm ready to do it.
Speaker 2: At the start of every episode, Okay, yes, where Mask going? So this week's clues for you of where I'm going is it's somewhere I haven't been before. That's clue number one. Number two is I'm not looking forward to the food situation. It's clean number two and clean number three is I don't have to buy anything new to go on this trip.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you can't be Japan because Japan has awesome food.
Speaker 2: You get one yes or no question.
Speaker 1: Gay Jay. You got to come up with it.
Speaker 2: Then you get one guess.
Speaker 3: Not excited about the food situation. You hate seafood, so it might be somewhere that has a lot of seafood.
Speaker 2: I'm trying not to give anything away.
Speaker 3: You don't have to buy anything new to go there, obviously, because it could be somewhere cold, because you've been on a cold holiday before. Therefore you would already have all the cold wintry clothes. You already own heaps of summary clothes, so you wouldn't need to buy that to go there.
Speaker 1: Now I'm starting a question, is it in Australia or is it not?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say no, because why would you be not happy about the food. This is the whole episode of me asking myself questions and talking to myself, gay Jay, is anything coming to your mind? I know you're on medication, so you don't really have much to say this. Can I just say?
Speaker 1: Can I say that on the post?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. Yeah, for everyone listening. I have at HD and I have recently started medication. I'm very chill today.
Speaker 3: He's very like still, it's kind of yeah, throwing me off a little bit. Still, Like usually you're very like, I don't know, more animated. Yeah, and now you're just like a statue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. It's weird, but we're here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're vibing. Is anything coming to mind? Before we ask Matt a question?
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think you should ask. Yeah, not that this is me asking if the weather is warm or cob where he's going, because that will eliminate a lot of areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is the place.
Speaker 4: That you don't that's a dumb thing because like the clignment's changed.
Speaker 2: Is well?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I think asking for going this year because then we can determine next time weather and climate.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 3: But also he said he's not looking forward to the food and he hates spice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like fuck, technically I've spiced up my life and I'm okay. With spice.
Speaker 3: Now you're trying to throw us off. It's somewhere that has spicy food?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: I want to say, is he's going?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 2: One guess per week as to where, and you only get one yes or no question.
Speaker 4: I think we need to know if he's going this year because winter is finished here and in the southern hemisphere, so.
Speaker 2: But we know that.
Speaker 4: Doesn't work either.
Speaker 2: Why am I so dumb right now?
Speaker 1: Because you're on.
Speaker 4: I don't have a million thoughts going.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need to ask if he's going this year because that's not going to give us any kind of information. I think we just need to straight up guess somewhere we I'm not forfeiting yes or no. I'm going to say is it this place? And you're saying yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then that eliminates your question of the week because you still get the guests anyway.
Speaker 1: Are you scared I'm gonna get it right?
Speaker 2: No? But I mean go for it.
Speaker 3: You you guess no, okay, So I can ask you a yes or no question, and then I can guess and you will say yes or no.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes or no question to determine.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait, gay Jay's message me, sorry, we're talking behind your back?
Speaker 2: Is excited?
Speaker 3: Don't what I was just yes, Okay, let's ask a question before I asked that. I already said that before, and I don't think either of you heard me. Okay, we need to ask a question though, before we guess that. I don't know what question to ask. Okay, should we just ask him like?
Speaker 1: Is he like?
Speaker 3: Obviously he's going with sky, but that doesn't matter anyway to us finding out.
Speaker 1: I think I just want to ask, is it this year? Just so I can know? Okay, is it this year?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it India?
Speaker 2: India is incorrect?
Speaker 4: Damn it.
Speaker 2: That's the game, done and dusted, No more questions. That's it. We'll pick this conversation back up next week. Yes, when ma go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, anyway, that's enough of that. I don't know if I love this game. I hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's going to be fun when you can't ask that question anymore?
Speaker 1: Question like I need to know for my schedule.
Speaker 2: Actually, I need to know your.
Speaker 1: Birthday before your birthday.
Speaker 2: No more questions this week.
Speaker 3: But we need to know so we can plan doing this podcast. You know what, maybe it's at Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It is at Christmas, because he would have to tell me because I need.
Speaker 1: Christmas. I know that for sure.
Speaker 3: You's gone away for Christmas in New Year's that's weird because I'm going away too then to the same.
Speaker 1: Place you are.
Speaker 2: She's just saying whatever it is she's going to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm also going there.
Speaker 2: I want to respond to these things that you're saying, and I'm holding my tongue because I don't want to give anything away. So so scrollers will be putting in the chat. And this is gay Jay's job each week, by the way, because I'll forget put in the chat and say does anyone have any clue where Matt is going? And yes, you can figure that out anyway. That's a bit of fun, isn't it. On Friday, we were talking a little bit and we touched on some brand trips that you'd been on to Coachella and whatnot. When we were talking about the private jet of it all, and I wanted to see because I know you've been away and so you may not have caught this because it kind of went down while you were while you were away, and I don't know if you're across this, but I wanted to keep you across it because I find it very very interesting. Did you see anything about the chat GPT brand trip?
Speaker 3: I saw like the tiniest bit of it, and all I saw was people saying, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did you see anything about this? Gay jay?
Speaker 4: I know, I've never heard of this before.
Speaker 2: My goodness, So chat GPT, open Ai my mortal enemy. Yes, owned by open Ai. Open Ai took around thirty influences to this summer camp. It was held at a farm in New York. And I don't know any of the influencers because they're all kinds of tech and like industry based influencers. They all were kind of micro influencers only had like I think all of them had under fifty k followers across platforms, and I did recognize any of their names. But this is not a traditional trip and with tart with your like big beauty and lifestyle influencers, this was like a smaller kind of influencer creator summer camp that they hosted, right, and they went to this kind of farm situation just outside New York. Now, if chatch GPT asked you to go on a brand trip, what would your reaction be to that email No. One hundred. I actually was so confused as to why. It reminds me of the she and brand trip. Remember the Sheen brand.
Speaker 1: That's when they took them to the fact.
Speaker 2: They took the influencers and they were bigger influencers, lifestyle, fashion, beauty influencers that you know, we know the names of. They took them to the factory to be like, look at how our company works, et cetera. And that was really bizarre and that got a lot of backlash at the time as well. Yes, and so seeing chat chapt, I went, this is bizarre now. The activities on the brand trip, obviously, they included the accommodation they got like branded chat GBT and open Ai merch. They did find dining in the form of like farm to table because they were like on this kind of farm summer camp thing, so it was like here's the cow, let's now eat the cow. Whatever, random, yeah, wellness activities, and also a bee keeping excursion where they went and saw.
Speaker 1: What all this got to do with chat gipt.
Speaker 2: The whole reason I wanted to bring this up because again, we know you love talking business, and my thoughts on this whole thing is chat GBT, notoriously known for destroying the environment. Why the hell who was in the boardroom that sat down and said, let's take influences to a farm to table summer camp. Give them bee keeping, which we all know about bees, Like if bees die, we die, right, we all know that, and like on allegedly a aged in the grand scheme of things like if the world keeps getting destroyed, bees will die, we will die. Right.
Speaker 1: That's like the whole ess is crazy, right.
Speaker 2: So my thing is chat GPT allegedly allegedly destroying the environment, takes influences on a brand trip in the environment and shows them an ecosystem that is crucial to our survival.
Speaker 3: But was this all in a bid to maybe show that potentially they're not ruining the environment? Like what was the I'm wondering what is the thought process behind this?
Speaker 2: So the point of the trip was to showcase the new tools that open AI are releasing, and from my limited research that I've done on this, and of course everyone who's gone on the trip now doesn't want to say anything about it, so it's very hard to actually get details on what happened. My thoughts are that they probably were like, oh, our new AI tools could probably assist the bee keeper in doing its job with the bees, whereas everyone else's argument is, well, we wouldn't need to save the bees if chutch Ebt wasn't doing what it was doing anyway in the first place, right, And so they weren't paid to attend, and for a lot of them that because they were so niche. It was their first ever brand trip. So I'm not even sure whether they.
Speaker 3: Signed the invitation because like, thinking back to when I got invited to even just like not on the big trips that I went on, but thinking back to like early influencer days and I got invited to like a PR showing in Sydney or whatever, I just remember being so excited at the to be invited somewhere.
Speaker 2: And let's be real, like, I think it's safe to say when you went to Las Vegas for the new benefit brow pencil, you didn't give a shit about the brow pencil. You were like, I'm going to Las Vegas. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And we didn't even know what was getting revealed to us.
Speaker 2: I mean the oh, okay, well, the brow pencil is still fabulous, and I love the brow pants, Like all my brow products are pretty much benefit anyway, not saying there's anything I say, product.
Speaker 3: Buck an oath because so these people probably like, funk, yeah we're going to these fu.
Speaker 2: Free holiday free whatever. Yeah. Yeah, but it's been really interesting because yeah, I don't know what the angle was, but even if the angle was, look how AI helps the environment. I think that the social conversation around AI being bad for the environment, no matter what they could have done, would have helped the public opinion.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one thing, Matt. Just last week on.
Speaker 3: My Big Business main episode, I did a whole episode about AI because we're seeing a lot of brands using AI models, like on their website. I'm getting lots of it like popping up in my ads and stuff. And I don't know if I've already said this on the pod, but like when I.
Speaker 1: Was in Adelaide Airport Adam and Sushi part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then like when I was in Adelaide Airport, I saw a store and they had like a big TV screen, you know, out of the where they play all their images, and it was an image of an AI model, and it like stopped me in my tracks and.
Speaker 1: I went a j look at that because it just.
Speaker 3: Was mind blowing to me that brands are putting AI models out the front of their shop like to lure people in.
Speaker 1: And so I did an episode talking.
Speaker 3: About it and just talking about both sides of AI imagery and brands using it, because I, as a business owner, like see it from both sides. Like one side is it's so expensive to shoot with a model. It might cost five thousand dollars, ten thousand dollars just for one day of taking photos. When business owners now I have this tool of AI to be able to jump on chat Chepy team and be like, hey, generate me an image of this model in these pair of downtown pants. Boom, there's your photo, and they see it as a cost saving thing. But then at what cost does that come when there's so much distrust with AI and your customers, like you lose everything and all your credibility basically. But one thing that I touched on in that episode that I want to ask you about is I know that AI is already like being used far more than we could ever probably imagine in the medical field and surgeries and diseases, and apparently like doctors, surgeon, scientists, researchers. Medical researchers are utilizing AI to help them with potentially curing diseases, creating medicines, all that kind of stuff. And I kind of feel like, as much as we're like anti AI and don't want it to take over the world, I think it's terrible that people are being made redundant from their jobs because AI is taken over and all that kind of stuff. How do you feel if AI one day can help further than what a human brain and a team can when it comes to like curing diseases and helping with better vaccinations and all that kind of stuff. Because in that instance, I'm kind of like, well, if they can use it in that way, then that's a good thing, surely.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. But the two AIS that we're talking about are completely different. Yeah, So the AIS that the doctors are using to try and cure cancer, that's different to the generative AI that people are My boyfriend cheating on me? What should I tell him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Like, they're actually doctors aren't using chat GPT to cure cancer.
Speaker 3: Wait, but I have heard people say that they've seen their doctor using chat GPT.
Speaker 2: You ask it questions, yeah, which is diabolical. But and that also leans into patient confidentiality because obviously anything you put into chat GPT, you release that information to open AI et cetera by their terms of service by using it, like any information you put about yourself in there, will know and who knows where that's going or who they're selling that to or anything like that. So there's a further conversation to be had there about patient confidentiality when it comes to doctors using chat GPT, and I think that's wild. But I am not against AI as a whole. And obviously I hope that AI will help cure cancer one day things cross that would be incredible, But that's not the AI that we are because AI is just artificial intelligence, whereas the generative AI, which is the hey make me a flyer for my cafe, which would take you five minutes in canvas. These days, it's so easy. And of course, as we spoke about on the podcast before, I have used Siri, Siri is AI, like Siri is a form of AI.
Speaker 3: In my the podcast that I did last week on Big Business, in the comments of the real that I posted, people were commenting, I haven't seen this myself, but they were saying that they've been like going into restaurants and seeing AI images in people's menus of the food artworks on the wall of like spaghetti and it's AI And I'm just like what a business owner is thinking by doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's especially upsetting just in creative fields, like for example, drag Race. There is a huge franchise, RuPaul's Drag Race, very worldwide, and the new season of Drag Race Down Under Versus the World is on and they have the hall of fame of past winners from the down Under Seat and also the host, Michelle Visage. They just have like pictures of them up in the workroom, which is like their big brother house sort of situation that they're all in. And this has been a thing throughout the whole franchise, Like inside this workroom have been pictures of RuPaul, like photographs that have been taken and in this recent season they're all AI generated And they had a recent Kylie Minogue episode where they paid tribute to Kylie Minogue with they had songs. That's often a challenge because it's like America's next top model for drag queens. Let's say, and so they have this girl group challenge where they all have to sing and dance to this song and write lyrics to their own song. And the girl group challenge is always a great challenge, like it's such a fun challenge, and the songs get released on streaming services and all the rest of that. And it was so clear that the songs they had used were AI generated because they were one so terrible, and two they weren't actually credited in the credits of the show, which I saw some TikTokers talking about, is the fact that it was clearly AI because usually they credit all of the artists, and there might be twelve artists that work on these songs. And then there were no credits, which obviously isn't allowed. So if there's no credits, it's safe to say allegedly, allegedly it was AI and these other images in the workroom, I'm going to say allegedly AI. But in my opinion that like.
Speaker 3: If something is like if there is a song that is made with AI, the same way if you do a paid partnership or if I do a paid partnership, we have to disclose. Surely, if it's an AI song, it should be like part of.
Speaker 1: It for them to disclose like this is AI.
Speaker 2: I agree, but I don't think we're our laws have caught up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think as time goes on, we will see more regulations around that. I hope so, because same for like if a brand, if I generated an image of a model in our downtown pants and I posted that, surely it would be I would feel like it's my obligation to write, this is an AI model. Yeah, but maybe the laws aren't there yet because it's still like quite new.
Speaker 2: I think so. But my point was that I think that's what's the most upsetting. I mean a lot of it is upsetting to me, but that's the most upsetting because RuPaul's drag Race, for example, is built on art and artists exactly and employs so many queer people in an industry that is underrepresented and underpaid. And now you want to get rid of twelve people on a song fron to AI to cut costs. You want to take away photographers and painters or whatever for AI images, even like in one of the recent seasons, they usually there's a part right at the end when like the final four are there, for example, and they kind of RuPaul will hold up a photo of them from their childhood and be like, what would you say to four year old Timmy right now? And you know, it's an emotional moment where they go, you know, push through, like you know you won't understand who you are, but one day you will and you'll come out as this fierce drag queen. It's always like a really nice moment. And then like in the last season, it was like, what would you say to four year old Timmy? And there were AI images of them as a child Like it was so and to.
Speaker 1: Me, would they use that when they would have photos of them?
Speaker 2: This is what I don't understand, Like, that's what that's the AI that I have.
Speaker 1: A problem when you already have photos of.
Speaker 2: Using it? Doctors, go ahead and please, for the love of God, kure cancer so that it is worth it. But at the same time, it's a totally different AI to I guess what we're because artificial intelligence in general has been used.
Speaker 1: For agents, it's been around forever, not.
Speaker 2: What the conversation is really about. So if people do make that argument like one, I think they either don't understand the conversation that we're having or they're just too. I guess ignorant is the word to know or to agree or to accept that we're having two separate conversations. So that's that on that. But you know what, the biggest part about all of this is that about ninety percent of the influencers who went on this chat GPT brand trip were women. Now, of course, in this industry, it's very female dominated that a lot of women are influencers. It's just how it works. And in the I guess tech space, maybe there's more men, excuse more men, but it was definitely more women. And a lot of people had an interesting point where they said that it's interesting that so many women were because a lot of the men who were on the trip don't show their faces in their content.
Speaker 1: It's just like just tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the women were like at the front and the face of this brand trip, and a lot of people actually brought up a really good point that they made, saying that it's interesting that women are copying the brunt for these huge, big companies that have taken them on this brand trip. Like everyone's yelling at the women, not really the men, but the men don't show their faces. And regardless of that, conversation. It got me thinking back to a few weeks ago when we spoke about Kylie Jenner and the meta glasses, and I went, hang on a second, it all makes sense. Obviously, Kylie Jenna is the face of metaglasses because it now makes women go, oh my god, that's a woman with the metaglasses. Because even the conversation, sorry, my mind was blown. The conversations we were having was creepy men in glasses are going to be perven on women with the glasses. They want to flip that narrative and go, Kylie Jenner is a woman and she so now women it's the meta glasses. And also young people. Obviously I think we've touched on they want to cater to young people, but I'm now like, no, they've used a woman to cater to women. On top of this, another thing clicked for me. Sorry to go totally opposite way, but bedding apps. I don't know if you've noticed this, yeah, but they have recently started having women at the front of ads and saying things like bet on who wins Love Island, which again when I saw that, at first, I went, that's fucking random, Like they're betting on love Island now whatever, and I kept scrolling.
Speaker 1: It is really crazy when you think about it.
Speaker 3: I know we're like going like deep here, but it is crazy in Australia, like how normalized betting is.
Speaker 1: Like it's crazy and.
Speaker 3: We're so used to it that you don't even bat an eyelid, you know what I mean. Like, I don't know, whenever you're watching the TV, it's like pull on your like we're so conditioned to that that you just think, oh, yeah, that's just like ad.
Speaker 2: I'm obviously not the target audience, but I watch those ads and I go, that would not sell a product to me neither. I don't know. I'm not the target audience me neither.
Speaker 1: But isn't it weird?
Speaker 3: And like it's obviously a whole thing, Like people have groups where they like it's a social thing and they bet together and all put their money in a pull.
Speaker 1: They really just want us all to stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, but I don't know what that means. But I just think I've seen and I've seen a pattern from the brand trip being whenever I saw those comments mentioning like oh it's women copying the brunt of this. I don't really like that because it's the men destroying the world. Agree, and then I went hang on. That reminded me of Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're all there like I'm just a gay guy.
Speaker 2: Like, well, now I've gotten the women ads. They're probably thinking, oh, well, we better target him with the women's ads.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen any of those.
Speaker 2: My tiktography thinks I'm a woman between the ages of twenty five and thirty five. Anyway, the way mine for ye Payjax. But anyway, I don't really have a point to all of that, but it's just something that I've noticed, and I think a girls, ladies, everyone listening, don't fall for betting on the winner of Love Island. I would strongly suggest getting against that because it can be gambling can be such a slippery search.
Speaker 1: Ever, a suggestion or a tip for people instead get it tip?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah nice?
Speaker 5: Yes, Tim, Fanny is to Fanny the bookie instead of uh me, instead of betting.
Speaker 3: One thing that I've seen, and maybe we've spoken about this before, like ages ago on the pod Matt, but I think a really good idea if you want to do something with your friends that involves money is I've seen people on TikTok and remind me if we've already spoken about this before, Matt. But I saw like a girl on TikTok talking about how her and her girlfriends have like a bank account that they opened up together, and every month or however often, they all chip in, like it could be twenty bucks a month or fifty bucks a month, whatever you want it to be, like with your closest girlfriends, and they kind of build it up every year and then at the end of the year they're left with, you know, however many thousands of dollars, and then they use that to go on a girl's trip, whether it's like a weekend away, go on to Melbourne, go on to Bali wherever. I know this is like obviously nothing like betting, because you're not betting on anything, But I just think that's like a nice little social thing to do rather than betting on who's going to win Love Ireland. Put money together with your friends, make sure they're strong friendships, because you imagine if one of the friendships goes sour. But I thought that was like a really cool thing that those girls do. I think the girl's name was Kim, I can't remember, but anyway, that was like a cool thing that I saw a bunch of friends doing. As to me, I don't have enough friends to do that.
Speaker 2: That's all right, your friends will just pay for a super yacht.
Speaker 3: Actually I do have enough friends, but all my friends are sort of disconnected, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I could do it with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well you put in one hundred bucks a week and I'll put in five dollars. We'll see where we can go.
Speaker 1: Before we get into the Royal flash Matt.
Speaker 3: When I was in Europe, I like wrote down a few notes in our shared notes thing, just like random thoughts that came into my mind. And because we were like sitting at a table on the boat, and they would like bring us like mini cokes, like if you ordered coatsyer, they just bring you like a little glass of it. And then we got onto laughing about like things that we did were mile kids.
Speaker 1: I always talk about this, but do.
Speaker 3: You remember when you were a kid and you'd sit around the dinner table to have your dinner, and like.
Speaker 1: Your mom or your dad would bring the cubes like three.
Speaker 6: Lead botto and they would whack it on the table with the plastic cards and it was just up to you guys to like pour yourself a car.
Speaker 2: No, what was that?
Speaker 1: Not a universal experience?
Speaker 2: It wasn't allowed drink. We were a fat free, sugar, fray everything free household.
Speaker 3: Okay, surely you went to like your friend's house one night and it was like fish and chips and a big free I lead a coke and you just get slapped on the table and it was up to the kids to like pour the massive, massive coke. Well anyway, I was just wondering do people still do that at the dinner table?
Speaker 1: Like I feel like now everyone gets their.
Speaker 3: Own individual drink, but when we were kids, you just got one big three leader to share, Like I want to know, reckon.
Speaker 2: That's like I reckon, there'd be a niche of people who that applies to.
Speaker 3: No leave a comment. Did that happen in your household? Did it happen in yours?
Speaker 2: I mean, my mum was watering down the apple juice.
Speaker 3: Like we were like, here's the chicken tenders and the three liter coke.
Speaker 2: Okay, yourself, I was water or apple juice, and if I had apple juice, the apple juice was watered down. Sorry, girl, we had no money and we were all on fat. It was fat free household, so.
Speaker 1: I lived the opposite life. Yeah, did you not get a big fat coke?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I might be missing your point.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: We were just laughing about it in Europe, saying do people still do that these days with their families with like the big drink gets put in the middle and everyone just has to pour it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think everyone has such different tastes these days that and yeah, I don't know, we're cans not as available there, so like we.
Speaker 3: Just got the big family size one and you all had to pour it in those like plastic cups that had been washed so many times that had all scratch marks over.
Speaker 2: It, and the plastic was peeling off the top.
Speaker 1: Of and there's like macas cups and.
Speaker 2: Cups and things. But that's the funniest thing you've ever sad, probably the funniest thing you've ever said.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, let's get onto the Royal flush.
Speaker 3: Please be upstanding for the Royal flush. O. Guess what last week I forgot to say. That's another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Euro Summer Vibes. It's Tiffany, not you anyway, So we'll blame it Anti Fanny. What's your Royal Flush for me? Darlin?
Speaker 3: Okay, My Royal Flush is a Instagram account that I saw. It's a relatively new account, but I think it's picked up off an old account.
Speaker 1: It's called confession dot Daddy. Okay, have you seen it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: So it's got twenty seven thousand followers on Instagram, and the bio says I started a viral confessions project. These are the ones I could release. I couldn't release until now. Some confessions may be fictional for entertainment only with little shifty eye emoji. And the profile picture is a guy, so I'm guessing that's the who's running the page now. The page only has twelve posts and it was created in July, so it's relatively new. And basically, he is just sharing some confessions that people have emailed in now.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether.
Speaker 3: All of them are fictional or not, but I read some of them and I just thought it could be fun. I went through every single post because I loved reading them, and I just thought I could read some of them to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want me to avoid any disgusting ones?
Speaker 3: No, you need to go and check out this page if you're listening confession dot Daddy. But some of these are wild like wild. So this one trigger warning is about a snot fetish. If you don't like snot, skip forward a minute. I have never told anyone this, no one burner email. Here goes, I have a snot fetish. I am a twenty nine year old woman, currently single, but have been in a couple of longish term relationships.
Speaker 1: I have a very.
Speaker 3: Intense snot and phlem fetish. Let me explain. I already feel sick, Matt. I have extreme a sexual arousal for snot.
Speaker 1: The more flemmy, thick and goofy the better.
Speaker 3: Not so much dry snot, but more the runny, thick, mucusy, clumpy snot from the sinus and chest.
Speaker 1: I'm wet writing this, no matter.
Speaker 2: I can even.
Speaker 1: Read the rule.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can I read the rest?
Speaker 1: Yes, you read out the next bit.
Speaker 2: With my last partner, I'd get him to cough up as much morning flem as possible. Ideally he would spit some into my mouth and some into my undies for the day. We'd use it as lube, and I'd go as far as getting him to flem or snot into a sandwich bag so I could use it as lube on myself in brackets I work from home. Anything to do with snot, I am so into the more vile, the better green, et cetera. I love when my partners are sick and can cough slash spit it on me. I have been known to get tissues out of the garbage bag and open them up. My life will never be the same again from this moment forward, Like I actually feel.
Speaker 1: Like kind of airconcs I'm sweating.
Speaker 2: There was some time before the snot story came into my life, and a time before this is like Jesus, this is bc DC ac DC kind of situation, you know what I mean? Like this is before snot story after It's not Sorry. That was a pivotal moment in my life that I will never forget.
Speaker 3: Well some of these confessions on this and look again, some of these could be made up.
Speaker 1: Who knows They're entertaining either way. But a lot of these that I've read, I wish that I didn't know how to read.
Speaker 2: What's the next one? I just saw the thing as you took your phone back. The next one about wishing your best friend dead, what happened?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, so here's another one. I think I wished my best friend dead. I found an old potions and spells book from my grandmother who was into witchy and occult stuff, and I would always love reading it as a kid and teenager. Why my puffed spooky.
Speaker 2: Tiff Fanny is getting weird the same?
Speaker 1: Can I just say I'm so here for tiff Fanny?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Same?
Speaker 1: And like, if I ever say anything that could get me cancer, I was gonna blame it on to Fanny.
Speaker 2: It wasn't me.
Speaker 3: When I was twenty, my best friend made out with the guy at a party that I was seriously in love with. They went on to hook up some more, then started casually dating. She knew how much I was into him and had been for like three years. I was so angry at her one day that I found a potion for a quick demise in this old book. I had to mix up the various botanicals, create a potion, set my intentions, and spill the potion over a page with my feelings written on, then burn it the next day. I know it sounds far fetched and witchy, but yeah, the same day I burnt the paper, my friend was hit by a motor Laurie and died in hospital. I know logically it wasn't because I did some spell that it happened, but it's kind of what I believe.
Speaker 2: That's spooky. Yeah, where's that book? Find out what book that is? To make?
Speaker 1: What about this one? This is the worst. I accidentally blew my brother at a glory hole.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, Oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: He didn't know I was gay. I didn't know he was gay. We had no idea each other would be on the other side, and only found out as we left the establishment afterwards.
Speaker 1: Fucking bad, bad bad.
Speaker 2: No, that's her. That's her stories that I can't put in the podcast.
Speaker 4: Have you heard just jumping in? There's the one where they all went away for the wedding and the bridal party and then the groom's party all went out doing different things, but they all ended up in this sex on premises venue and the bride thought, fuck it, I'll just go in and give it one last go, and she sucked off a guy and it was her dad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why do you told me these things?
Speaker 4: No? The wedding was canceled.
Speaker 3: Like, my god, you need to make a montage with this and be like we're doing confessions.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was like the best reaction of my life. By the way, like that gagged me that well, just like the bride.
Speaker 1: Let me find another good one. Okay, Matt, this one's.
Speaker 2: Also I wish you could come to a glory hole just to experience it, brit I think you'd lose your mind. What I just think you'd I just think you'd stand there and go, wow, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Can we please make that a social clip? Just no, cont Do you want another few?
Speaker 2: I feel like we can't get much worse? So should we end on a high or give me give me a.
Speaker 1: This one is personal to you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, great, that's another glory whole one.
Speaker 3: A few years ago, I worked at a Santa Photo boothbrush shopping center.
Speaker 2: Oh with smart My confession.
Speaker 1: I fucked Santa while he was in costume on his Santa bench. He was sixty.
Speaker 3: I was twenty five at the time. Best of my life.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's crazy. It doesn't say whether it was a man, doesn't say because that's a bit gay, Like I feel like is a twenty five year old girl fucking Santa, because I don't know that's weird. But then twenty five year old guy fucking Santa. I go, yeah, that'd be that'd be a weird gay guys fetish. That'd be gay Jay's fetish fucking Santa. What did he say, hard.
Speaker 1: Work on Santa's bench?
Speaker 2: What do you mean on Santa's bench in the middle of the shopping center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, there's people around shorely or if not cameras. Do you want one last one?
Speaker 1: Or you have not?
Speaker 2: I I want one more? Really go for it?
Speaker 3: Okay, this one I need your opinion on. So me and my mate happened to get our wives pregnant around the same time, which was awesome, going to be dad's at the same time. We are both practical jokers and come up with what we thought was going to be a funny one.
Speaker 1: We thought, if the timing aligned, we.
Speaker 3: Would swap our babies for a couple of days or until they noticed, which we thought would be really soon ha ha. So it turns out our babies were born same hospital one day apart, and we were both discharged the day after, and what we did was swap our babies, thinking our missuses would notice straight away, even though they looked pretty similar.
Speaker 1: I guess it went on for twelve days ha ha ha.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we finally fessed up and both our wives were so angry, like next level. We thought they'd kind of laugh it off, but it was months of silent treatment.
Speaker 1: I'd leave me rightfully, so I would leave him.
Speaker 2: That's giving like like that there's no consent there, Like that's really scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. Anyway, check out confession dot Daddy on Instagram.
Speaker 2: We should have we should have. We should have just stopped it at the at the Sanda fucking or the one before that was the one before that, the dad, the dad, the bride and the dad. We should just stopped at the bride and the dad because it got dark there. Anyway, my royal flash will it hasen? You know this this episode, this is happy Chatfield's influence. This episode has been a lot about hating man and the effect men have on the world. But I have a royal flush, which is from a friend of the pod. Friend of the pod, m Rasciano. Who can we get her on? I'd love Oh no, wait, I'll save it. I can interview on her on my new podcast, which will be coming to Nova Podcasts soon, and Gage is going to sort that out for us, aren't you.
Speaker 3: You're still to do a whole pitch the way that I did with Big Business.
Speaker 2: Okay, you tell me how to pitch, and I'll pitch it. Not now, I will well scroll as I need your feedback, so DM me or right in the scrollars chat or whatever, because I'll be using that as evidence. What was I going to look up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And Rossiano's video Now, she is hilarious and she does a lot of videos about being a mum and I love that. And she did this video after her son asked her to watch him jump off a rock. Parents normally as telling you a kid that something that they're doing is boring and not worth witnessing.
Speaker 1: Elio just asked me to watch him jump down from a rock, not even an impressive rock, a small rock. And I looked at him and I said.
Speaker 3: No, Why I'm not sending another man into the world who thinks everything he does needs witnessing.
Speaker 1: Next we'll be starting a podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, I remember being a kid and being like that, like watch me, watch me, watch.
Speaker 2: Me, And what was your parents' reaction.
Speaker 3: I never paid attention because I don't think for the kid, it's actually about like the parent watching them and getting the parents reaction.
Speaker 1: I think it's just like wanting attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never watched my parents reaction, but I can only imagine they just rolled their fucking eye. Yeah, probably, or like when you come home with a really shitty artwork that you've done and you're like, look at this, and then they're like, put it on the fridge.
Speaker 1: I never saw their reaction. They probably just went, this is fucking shit. Look at a spaghetti necklace that I made today.
Speaker 2: Ah Well, obviously this video caused quite the stir online and people had like quite a lot of opinions. I absolutely, one hundred percent agree with her. I really like when she says at the end of the video, she says, I'm not sending another man into the world that thinks everything he does needs witnessing, And I was like, that is such a good point, because like, I think we are shaping men into being fucking diabolical and we can change that. Obviously, a lot of parents were upset. A lot of parents were upset at her about this reaction she was having to her kid just wanting a bit of attention. They were like, oh, like, he's gonna have issues because he doesn't feel loved and whatever. And I thought that was like a perfect I'm sure she shows him how much she loves him in a lot of other ways he doesn't need to see. When she was like that's not impressive jumping off a fucking rock, I was like, oh my god, you are me. I just thought it was fabulous, hilarious and it was my Royal flush of the week and it did cause quite a stir online.
Speaker 3: I feel like anything to do with kids online causes a stir so trick to parents, and I feel like I can never comment on anything that happens because.
Speaker 1: I'm not a parent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, therefore, like why would I ever comment on something? But like, if one thing, if there's one thing that I've noticed, but I think everyone notices it.
Speaker 2: So why not. There's so many non business owners commenting on everything you do. So true.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm gonna start commentating on everything and go will people tell me how to run my business when they don't even own line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many people commenting on trans people who aren't trans. So so everyone in the world comments on things that they know nothing about it. I saw, so we can comment on parenting.
Speaker 1: Martha from me.
Speaker 2: I I was going to bring that up.
Speaker 3: Next there was a clip of her and her kids and her older son was like being annoying or something, and she raised her voice at him in a video, and that obviously then divided the Internet of people saying.
Speaker 1: Like, don't yell at your kids, other people saying that's just a normal family. And I just think I just can't with the Internet, matts.
Speaker 2: I cancel me for this. But when she yelled in my pissed, I plaxed myself. I went and you know what, put them put him in line, put them in again.
Speaker 3: I think, like, it's so easy for people to see something online and comment and think that they're perfect. But again, I'm not a parent, so I can't say. But I can only imagine that every single parent in the world at least once has yelled at their kids, just once. But when they're in the comments of Martha's post, they are a perfect parent that has never yelled at their kids. Like I grew up in a household where I feel like I got yelled at and screamed at every day.
Speaker 2: And you've turned out all right. Yeah, so, but that's what I'm saying, if you can get through that and look where you are now, then him getting told to get off the chair and get out of the kitchen, surely the pool kids, this is what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I think, like I think a lot of us, like maybe not you, Matt, but like a lot of us grew up like literally being fucking yelled at twenty four to seven, screamed at every day, and that was like the norm for me, which obviously isn't nice.
Speaker 1: But then like to see all these.
Speaker 3: Perfect parents in the comments being like, don't yell at your kid, like as if you go through your child's whole life and you didn't just like raise your voice at them once, like I'm sure they have at least once again, I don't know, because I'm not a parent, I'm not in anyone's family.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there'd be uh.
Speaker 3: And then everyone in the comments was like, if we all don't lose our temper every now and then with our kids, Like heaps of parents were saying that, because like, you lose your shit, you get overwhelmed, you made your voice, you probably regret it later.
Speaker 2: I honestly think that maybe just parenting is just whatever you want to do. Mm hmm, and that's that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I agree, But then I think, like it may be like the issue with people that put their kids online and their family online, is it then does open up the gates of people to then commentate on how you parente, which I then agree with you that parenting in the way that you choose to bring.
Speaker 1: Up your kids. Again, who am I to fucking though this?
Speaker 3: I don't have any kids, but it is like an individual thing, and every single family is different, every single parent is different. But because it's so broadcasted on social media, does it then make society think there must be ways that you must parent? Because what were our parents watching back in the day? There was none of this social media stuff where they could compare the way they parent to other families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, weren't they Were there any shows about parenting.
Speaker 3: Not in like a live, real life way that we are now on social media where you can see the way of family parents. True?
Speaker 2: In fact, even not parents just operates in general like no one had access to how other families.
Speaker 1: Also, right, I was saying a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: Here we back in the day couldn't see all the things that we see now we couldn't see in other people's homes. We only saw in our friends and family's homes. Now we can see in the homes of every person on the fucking internet, which is not normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normal normal, not normal, It's crazy. It is crazy. And thankfully am Rosciano came out again and doubled down on her on her stance on that and went even further with that and talked about it on her podcast, which once you've done listening to all our episodes, you could probably go and have a look listen to that. But she kind of covers more in depth as to her feeling. Basically just says the same thing in a longer way.
Speaker 3: Do you want to think that your kid not jumping off a rock is that's not impressive?
Speaker 1: That's okay?
Speaker 3: And if someone else has kids and they say no, I want to show them my full attention every time they jump off a rock, that's okay too. Like both things can exist. But I think when it comes to the Internet, I know, we kind of keep having this same sort of theme every week lately, but the Internet just seems to think, nah, there's only one way.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: Well, we do have the same kind of theme. But I just think that's.
Speaker 1: Like the world.
Speaker 2: It's the world right now. Yeah, because my other thought. Again, sorry to drag men into this, but I'm not sorry at all. Imagine that same video was made by a man I reckon, the comments would be totally different.
Speaker 1: They just think it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell him to tough enough, Tell him to tough en up. We're not watching his stupid jumping off a rock. Yeah. Fuck yeah. You tell him what a great role model he has. To tell him that not everything's going to be easy in life. Do you know what I mean? The comments would be hyping the dad up, going what a good like because the dad would be like, I'm not gonna let him. They'd all go they do the Luke Bateman of it all and go, oh, thank you so much for speaking on this, thank you so much for being the person and good on it. Nothing against Luke Bateman, but do you know what I mean, Like, if you look at his comments, I go, oh, wang quank wank, honestly, and it.
Speaker 1: Would be full of that.
Speaker 2: It'd be full of that because the women I've been saying all these things for god knows how much and getting torn down for it, and then as soon as a straight man does it, it's like, oh my god, let's all fucking drop our knees and suck them through a glory hole, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I will say like seeing Luke Bateman's videos popping up, it does like like we're not used to seeing a guy talking out against those types of.
Speaker 2: Things, which is great. Love that, yeah, love that.
Speaker 1: But it's not like it's a new topic.
Speaker 2: No, And I think that's like the frustrating thing for me is definitely like seeing the amount of comments and I guess it all leads to conversation, which is great, but I'm also like, nothing he's saying is profound and revolutionary. No, It's just it's something I've known for ages, something known for ages. It's stuff that you, as a woman have to deal with all the time. It's stuff that me, as someone who has majority women in their life around them, knows very well. And so it just kind of like, oh, good, one straight man has caught on to the fucking conversation. Great, We've still got a long way to go, Darlin. But anyway, props to him, love that for him, All good, All love to you, Luke. Sorry, I feel like they came across as like I'm being a bitch, but I'm not. But it is an eye roll at the same time.
Speaker 1: That's another episode done in dusty.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. Thanks for listening, scrollers, don't forget new episodes Tuesdays and Fridays.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Can I just say and thank you to the Spotify I mean I don't check Apple, sorry, but the Spotify commenters you've been going off recently, like.
Speaker 1: You you're getting to read the comments?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well can you read one right now?
Speaker 1: Well it's going to be from Christians, so true. But Abby is way better than Britain.
Speaker 2: I think that a lot of we really appreciate that. A lot of you have been commenting and it definitely helps us out because we've slowly been pumping up the charts as well.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing that again, like we always say when we record a podcast, like we sit here and we're talking to each other, but then we go home and that's it and we don't like we.
Speaker 1: Don't see anyone listening.
Speaker 3: And I was saying engage the other day, I really thrive. I'm like a stats person, but like we don't see it.
Speaker 2: It's probably time for Nova to send us a stats report again. It's been ages.
Speaker 1: Because I thrive on stats.
Speaker 2: The stats report, Oh, make it happen.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you so much, because you know, when we upload a real we can see how many people watched it.
Speaker 2: And I'm all about growth as well. I always want to be like on that trajectory, so I want to make sure that we're still going what can we do differently? Let us know, let us know what you're loving about the pod. Like, we've really recently tried to inject a bit more of the trending aspect and then keeping close friends more for like personal life sort of stuff or like fun things. And of course you've got the YouTube exclusives going live each week as well, which are always something different, and I mean I did the little vlog and things like that, so there's we're trying to keep it fun and fresh and new, and I mean, we've had no real complaints to be concerned about, but we also need to hear that you're loving it, So be honest with us and tell us what you're loving anyway, dull, I better let you go. What the fuck did we talk about this week