Speaker 1: It's Friday morning and it's time to talk forty with Ryan Fitzgerald the doy on. I'm tipping ahead of what is I know, the biggest day and the biggest game in the Fitzgerald household. It is the Ryan Fitzgerald Cup this Saturday night. Fitzy, Good morning to you. Oh god, just this is one.
Speaker 2: Of many media interviews I've had to do leading up to the Fitzgerald Cup.
Speaker 3: But you do it for the love of it.
Speaker 2: And I've known you guys for a few years now, so anytime I'll just say invoice just there at High Marsh Square.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just the usual, mate. Good to have you on board. Celebrated on both sides.
Speaker 2: So many sporting clubs. I'm with Warreck Kappa today out there doing a couple of.
Speaker 4: You're not trying to squeeze yourself into the shorts too, I hate mate.
Speaker 3: Mark Jacko Jackson is going.
Speaker 2: To join us speaking to us, Sam Newman, come him with some funny quiffs.
Speaker 3: Where's Chopper read when you need him? Didn't Chop and do a show with him at some point?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He did with Warreck Kappa and Mark Jacko Jackson and Chopper use Chopper would sell axes that he would that he would sign and you could buy an axe signed by Chopper.
Speaker 3: Wow, No, I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: Can I give you one thing that we did on air once? We made up a fake radio show once called Renegade and the Bunyip and we were from Glenory in Tasmania and we were and the fake radio show was Laser FM. And what we used to do. You know, when someone would be promoting something, boys, it'll be a book or something there they've got coming up, a new television show and they would do interviews with anyone who was prepared to talk about it, right, So we used to put in requests.
Speaker 3: For this fake radio show Laser FM.
Speaker 2: Renegade and the Bunyip would like to talk to Chopper read about his new book coming out. And we came up with a segment and idea of the five best ways to.
Speaker 3: Get money out of someone if they owe.
Speaker 2: You, you have my attention and I've got to find the audio for you. But the number one way to do it was he would lock someone in a fridge and he would shoot his shotgun around it until they came up with the best way to get the money backs and there's this real moment where Wi and I are looking at each other and it was like is he being serious or is he joking?
Speaker 3: He probably was being completely serious. That was when you loose on the radio. And yeah, they were the good old days.
Speaker 4: Renegade in the Bunya. It sounds believable, sounds like one of those people who win one of the really early awards at the acrus Well.
Speaker 3: It was we were like two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like we were studying media studies at the you know, at what was his name at Sean Murphy's radio, Sean Craig Murphy. And this was our little radio show that we had Chopper on and it was very funny.
Speaker 4: Mate, that's good, we'll look, we'll zip through them. Jeez, this should be quite the spectacle. Brisbane v. Sent Kilda tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I look, Brisbane are starting to get back into some form and we all knew that they would at some stage.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to have to say the Lions will win that one up at the Gabba.
Speaker 4: Dog's Frio.
Speaker 2: Doggies I think need to come back and play some good foot years. Well, they've got such a great team. Yeah, I think the Doggies will beat Frio in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Then the Tigers and the Hawks at the MCG.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is going to be a good game.
Speaker 2: I can't go past the Hawks at the moment because they're playing amazing football.
Speaker 3: I'll go Hawthorne in the big one.
Speaker 4: Do you Fitzgerald Cup? What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Mate? Look?
Speaker 2: I honestly believe that there will be a breakout game where the Crows just completely mystify us, and I don't know when that's going to be.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping it's against Sydney.
Speaker 2: But if if I'm helping you with your tip in competition, I've got to tip with my head and say that Sydney will win this one.
Speaker 4: They're North and Collingwood.
Speaker 3: Colling will win that one convincingly.
Speaker 4: And then big bye around this week. So the only other game is Port against g w S at Homebush.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, if it wasn't if it was an Adelaide over, I would have gone Port Adelaide. But it's an energy stadium over in Sydney. I'm going to go the Giants to win that game. Get on your mate, Renegade and the bunyet. I'm going to hit YouTube. See I'm gonna find it.
Speaker 3: I'll send you. I'll send you a link pember
Speaker 1: Which David Pemberthy and Will Goodings six to nine five Double a Breakfast