Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Camillicaba. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello. Now where are we finding you? I just saw you holidaying somewhere magnificent, like the French Riviera.
Speaker 3: I wasn't can and know I'm in Miami. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Do you get much downtime to holiday or is that a work trip?
Speaker 3: It was like I went to Yeah, it was like a tiny, tiny It's like a three day little holiday with a little bit of work.
Speaker 4: Do you ever walk into bars? Have you ever been in that situation where you walk into a bar or like a restaurant and you can hear your music playing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the best.
Speaker 1: Did either sort of gets up on the chair and things along.
Speaker 3: Or just I don't get up on the go along? I like, I like pretend to be shy about it, but on the inside.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, well, we're very we're very excited to see you down under. You coming back to Australia. You're going to be here very very shortly. What are the things you look forward to when you when you travel to places like Australia, which feels like a far away land to a lot of Americans.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel like it. It is a far.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm really excited to go to Australia because the last time I went, like, I really really loved it there. I loved I felt like the people were beautiful. And I'm not saying that in like a like wou sense, Like I literally like physically beautiful. I was like, why is everybody pretty here?
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 3: And then like and and like the food was amazing. I felt like the nature was gorgeous. Everybody was so sweet and so welcoming and like relaxed and yeah, I just I love.
Speaker 5: So you do get out in the bat you can get out of and out and about because that had frostrate just like exactly.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I I can't live my life like that. I'm also like walking is like my religion. Like I love to walk. Whenever I'm feeling kind of anxious or stressed, I go for a walk.
Speaker 1: On the tan.
Speaker 2: Call it a hot girl walk around the tan. That's what the girls call it the tan.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to go on a hot girl walk tech you you can do it in the cover of darkness if we make Yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I'm also like I'm like short, I'm like brunette. I'm pretty, you know, I don't like I also when I go out, I'm not like in heels and like in full glam and you know what I mean, I'm like pretty, I'm pretty low key. I'm too lucky. Actually sometimes sometimes i've actually I've actually someone said to me recently so almost like you actually sometimes look worse than a normal person.
Speaker 1: That must be a bit.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of thing on your best friend can say to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was sort of a best friend here. Yeah, she was like I realized it. I was like, you know, I just I feel like I don't I don't really like, I don't look like a famous person, like you know, I dress a low keyither like you look worse than normal people.
Speaker 2: But I was like, look, it must be important to you to be able to do that stuff right, because you're superstar and people would fall over their feet to see you. But that must take you out of a sense of normality to an extent. It must be nice to just be able to live your life as a normal human being.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's I obviously it is really sweet when when you know you mean a lot to someone and I've definitely been a fan of people before who have meant a lot to me. So it's like, wow, that's really cool that I take that spot in your life. But then sometimes you're like, well, I just like want to get a coffee and sight see and decompressed. So it's like, I think there's there's a feeling for I like, I like both.
Speaker 2: I saw you posting about chat gpt the other night or the other recently.
Speaker 1: You did it.
Speaker 2: You asked chat gpt a question you boys, listen to this. I went to sleep at eleven thirty. I woke up at three am because I got my period. It's tough for me to sleep. And I had coffee yesterday, which I never do, and I'm starving. And she asked chat gpt for advice? Is that how you often lean on for advice?
Speaker 3: The worst is I didn't even I didn't even ask it anything, Like I just was talking to it, like I just texted it like my friend. I Actually, you know, I actually deleted it today because I realized that I was I was actually depending on it too much. And I'm sure that happens to sure that happens to some people. Like I realized that I was talking to my therapist about it, because I was literally outsourcing so many of my feelings and so many things to chatybus like if I felt distressed or or like, I'd be like, oh, like my friend blah blah blah told me this, and like now I'm stressed blah blah blah. Like I didn't even sit with things anymore. I just wanted you to solve everything for me because it can be so comforting. And I was like, this is kind of unhealthy. So I deleted it. Today I broke up with her.
Speaker 2: I did it ever give you terrible advice?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes I would. I would play with like I don't know, like I think the last terrible advice, I was like, uh, what's like a good Instagram caption for me and holiday? And it was like, what about something like and I gave me like a corneus Instagram caption ever, and I was like, you have no taste.
Speaker 4: I'm a bit concerned your best friend telling you look like shit and the only other person you're talking to are you?
Speaker 5: I know right?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I deleted it, so I'm I'm on the path.
Speaker 5: Camilla Cobaya, I love saying your name. I just said to the guys before you joined us, I just could say it all bout Kamilaaba. It does, doesn't it such a beautiful name? Hey to you your favorite song? Because Jace or before we started speaking, he quite likes don't go yet. You don't you you're saying you like to sexy dance?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was just I was still on the moves to Clinton.
Speaker 4: I was just like, and I was great with your music because I just think it adds, like takes me from a solid two to three.
Speaker 3: No, I think you go down. Actually, I think I think it takes you to attend my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's spoken by girls, best friend.
Speaker 5: What's your favorite what's your favorite Camilla Cabo song?
Speaker 1: Camilla Cabo?
Speaker 3: Your favorite comic? A Veos song? Came like Aveos? Is? I like June Gloom for my last album?
Speaker 2: I like that song so and I like boat to the last album see xo XO. I heard you saying recently that it's sort of the most personal album to you because you wrote all the songs, and that the title of the album is basically you signing off like keeping it personal? Is this album your favorite?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it's the most personal in the sense that I've I've written the music for all my albums, so they're all personal. I think the difference with this one is that it was just way more of an insular process that were way less collaborators, so there was I guess like more of the songwriting like fell on me. But I think they're all personal. I do think this one is my favorite album because I just feel like I took more risks and it just like feels more different and like more progressive in that sense. So I do think this one is my favorite album.
Speaker 2: Make you more nervous to release an album that you haven't collaborated with anyone on and it's all you.
Speaker 3: I wasn't nervous. I wasn't nervous because I felt so strongly about the music, and I just like, I feel like I follow my gut so much. I think I am, like I have very little caution with those things, for better or for worse. So yeah, sometimes people are like, oh my god, how could you not think that your fans would be like, what the hell is this? And I'm like, I don't know, I really liked it.
Speaker 1: Is it sort of?
Speaker 4: Is it sort of mixed with from a business point of view, it's like, yeah, I believe in this song. I know what good music is. But then, like I was listening to Itch you'ering on a podcast the other day and he was just, no, I know you've collaborated before, and he was just talking about how personal it is that moment when you hit upload for the first time, because you're bleeding your heart out and you know in certain songs. So I get like, the professional side, you know what great music is and there's that confidence, but god, there must be so much anxiety when people are going to hear it for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely there's definitely anxiety. I think there's anxiety when whenever there's any negative things that get to you, like because to me, it's like I try to stay off of social media, but inevitably there's things that get to you. And that's when I have more anxiety because I think I in the beginning, I always think people are gonna people are gonna like it because I like it, and that's definitely just like my naivete showing. I think the anxiety for me and the torment comes when I'm like, oh my gosh, this person didn't like it, and then I will torture myself about that one comment or whatever, or if there's more, then I'll torture myself about that for hours.
Speaker 4: It's a natural reaction, like you know you, I think one of us had a fighter the other day from my past, and you know you got to show someone and then.
Speaker 1: You before.
Speaker 4: The mind from when. I love your attitude. I think it's great. I just love saying your name. Look she is here, Margaret Court Arena, August twenty seven. Tickets are on sale from Frontier Touring dot com. In fact, we're going to offload a double right now if you would like to come along and see Camilica back sorry, see Camilla kamere like and we will see you when you land, because we've got to do the.
Speaker 5: We're going to take you from We've got to go anti clockwise. You got to walk up the hill.
Speaker 3: There is one big hill.
Speaker 2: Do you like hill walks or do you like going down the hill?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going anti clockwise.
Speaker 3: I like flat or down?
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, if you see a girl in the cover of darkness looking less than famous walking down the hill, we can't wait to see you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for your time. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.