Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mum Podcast. It's an interesting time for the podcast. When I say an interesting time for the podcast, it's an interesting time for mums and dads. Yeah, because it's that Christmas long school holidays. What do we do with them do? Everything's so expensive, They're going to be bored anyway. Christmas presents need to be bort But then.
Speaker 3: You've got to try and juggle everything as well because you've either got the kids. You can't do the kids and the Christmas present at the same time, So then you're trying to palm them off to go and do the Christmas shopping to then come back to be able to then wrap it.
Speaker 1: Don't come in the room whilst I'm trying to wrap the present. It's just a big fucking free for all.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just turn of thought because my kids are at home, they're on school holidays already. My first thought was, oh shit, I didn't tell them not to go into the laundry cupboards because that's where their Christmas presents are and I haven't wrapped them yet. And then I had a little laugh at myself, thinking as if they're going to go into the laundry cupboard.
Speaker 1: I was like, you beat me, talk as if they're going in the laundry.
Speaker 2: It's where we keep that mop and the buckets.
Speaker 3: So silly of you to think that your kids are going to be in the laundry. Am I a bad mum for being extremely unorganized?
Speaker 2: Oh this is not like you.
Speaker 1: Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really excelled one year. There was only one year. I feel like where you did all the Christmas shopping on lay By in the June July sales.
Speaker 1: That big frenzy they have halfway through the year.
Speaker 3: That is pretty good though, especially if your kids are of that age where they are quite consistent about what they're like, Like maybe one of them is very consistent with the lego and you get Legot fifty percent off.
Speaker 1: Very rare, but at the same time so good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just like literally wheeled it into those ladies that do the wrapping for you.
Speaker 1: Yep, donated some cash, walked away with presents wrapped.
Speaker 2: See this year, I had done absolutely nothing, Yeah until the weekend, and I got everything done on the weekend.
Speaker 1: It was only like a week or so ago.
Speaker 3: And you were like, we were about to just record a podcast and you're sitting here and you looked at your phone because you got onto Instagram for some reason. You're like, oh, someone else has put up a Christmas tree and you didn't even have a Christmas tree up. No, now you're sitting here telling me a week later.
Speaker 1: Oh look at me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, got my Christmas tree up and I finished all my Christmas shopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all in one weekend. Well luckily it was a rainy, miserable weekend. I mean that shopping center was disgusting.
Speaker 1: It was like, hell, it gives me anxiety that stuff.
Speaker 2: It was so busy. I was in Camar getting a few things and Holly called me. She was at home on this particular day. This is on the Saturday, and I was doing shopping for them for the kids, and she called me and she was asking me, like some question about something, and I went, I can't be on the phone to you right now. I'm in Kamar and it is so busy it's making me itchy. She was like, Okay, I'll get off the phone.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is itchy, weird. I've heard just was just people everywhere. I genuinely get like that when it's that busy in those shopping centers because we're all under one roof.
Speaker 1: That's weird, isn't it.
Speaker 3: But I think about like all the germs being contained into one area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just go.
Speaker 2: And no one's careful about staying away from you either, Like I really noticed that, like people just brushing past you. No one gives my shit.
Speaker 3: Being in each other's space. I don't even care about the germ part. I just like, just don't touch me, like we don't need to touch. Yeah, you don't need to accidentally run into my heel with the trolley because you weren't watching.
Speaker 2: And also when it's that busy and people are like just dilly dying, like walking slowly. I actually said at one point, I got shit to do. Way, I was like, excuse me, can I just get through? I just want to walk a bit faster, Like they were right in front of walking so slowly. I was like, why are you walking slowly in this situation? This is horrible. This is a horrible situation. It's so busy, there's people everywhere. Why do you want to prolong that?
Speaker 3: Because I think that some people would genuinely go there just to past time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was just horrible. But what I found was if I go somewhere and I buy the first present and I'm like, Yep, that's what I want to get. Yep, that's great. Oh Black Friday cell E even better. Like there's nothing I love more than going to the checkout with something that I want to buy and then going oh, yeah there's twenty percent of yeah, perfect, so good. I was just on a roll, Rach, I was on a roll. I was like, yep, tick tick tick.
Speaker 3: You've done on a roll because you've been given a list, or you're on a roll because you just like ideas centrals just popping into your head. Like if that's me when I walk into Kmart, ideas central is that creative part of my brain just fucking floods away. It's just dawn and I stand in there like a deer in headlights, going oh god, I don't um. And then I find myself just going, oh this is too much. I'm just gonna leave now because the preparations not being done, Rach.
Speaker 2: I don't just get a list. I get a Canva presentation. Yeah, this is Amelia's sent me Christmas wish list, accessories and other than a photo of the item. Skin care and makeup clothing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there's a lot on that page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a Canva presentation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very different though to where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I just get like the random letter that's been handwritten and you can't really read some of the things to you, like say.
Speaker 2: I used to go through the catalog remember catalogs.
Speaker 1: Loved catalogs. Big circle around what you need?
Speaker 2: Yeah, love that circle it.
Speaker 3: Else, would like from Santa her room to be redone.
Speaker 2: Santa do that? I don't know, like Santa redecorating?
Speaker 1: You just setting me up for failure.
Speaker 2: Was he going to come in and like paint walls and stuff that's what you want. I don't know that he does that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that they listen to this podcast. Sometimes I really have to breathe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So no wallpaper, just like new styling in her room and she made me go round bed, bathroom table. I think she thought she felt like she was on the block. She really likes the block.
Speaker 1: And you know how on the block.
Speaker 3: They walk around and they're like they stage everything, so they sort of try everything out.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what we were doing that.
Speaker 3: We were taking photos of the items that she wanted, like a three hundred dollars, Like what do you call them? Let you put your feet on like an ottoman, like a poof for it, whatever that thing is. Yeah, yeah, that's what she wanted a three hundred dollars just because it was fairy, and I was like, oh, yeah, see, we could probably find that and came out for a bit cheap.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. You made a mistake going into bedbu on the table.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to get some ideas of like color, because she was like, I wanted to make my room pink.
Speaker 1: But you see, this kid is not really ever been a pink kid.
Speaker 3: So I feel like by getting a pink room, it's going to be something that wants to be changed in about six months and I'm not doing both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to Kmart. Camar's got great stuff.
Speaker 3: So that Canva thing, going back to what it was, that Canvor thing would be great. I was on Pinterest putting together a collage of the room that she possibly like ideas.
Speaker 1: You know what Gracie said when she saw it, Oh you never did that when I wanted a new room.
Speaker 3: I was like, mate, you've changed your room designed forty five times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is really interesting and maybe this is a thing that is going around at the moment because Holly did the exact same recently that she wanted her room to be changed. Yeah, and then she put together some ideas as well. This is the thing, right, This was the great thing about it. When she started putting these ideas together, she thought she would have to pay for it herself. So she did take ideas from kmart lamps and she put stuff together in like a little I don't know what she did it on, but she did the same thing on like a little college put it together.
Speaker 1: You can do that now, just like out of interest.
Speaker 3: If anyone else is thinking about doing their own bedrooms and not their kids, you can do it on Pinterest. You put together literally Look, they have an option now to do a collage. Yeah, in your Pinterest account. Anyway, Look, let's go back to me being unorganized. Still haven't done anything. We're in a really hitty age group. Nine to eleven is hard because like they don't want toys, no, but then they don't need bike, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, got rollerblade.
Speaker 2: But you also don't want to make them too old with some of the skincare makeup clothing that they want mobile phone.
Speaker 1: Not getting mobiles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's going to get a Berna phone mate, and it's going to be the biggest Berna phone she's ever seen.
Speaker 1: It's going to be like Nokia Exist.
Speaker 2: Okay, give it a few months. When she starts high school, you will change your mind because she will be the kid that's got the great big nockier and you will be the embarrassing mum.
Speaker 1: I'm going to own it. I'm going to rock it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, Okatie, I'm so on organ eyes and even like you're talking about being at chirm Side at Westfield over two days of your weekend with that many people. I try and time it so that i'm there, like on the twenty third when they start that twenty four hour shopping and when no one.
Speaker 1: Else is there. How good is that?
Speaker 3: But this year I haven't got time on the twenty fourth like I normally do all the wrapping. If I haven't been to a shopping center and let the ladies wrap it for me, I usually am that person that's wrapping it like midnight or twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have that opportunity.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 1: I have to be a little bit more, maybe just wrap on the twenty third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just going back to the mobile phone thing, because you will be buying a mobile phone. I guarantee in twenty twenty five, you will be buying her a mobile phone.
Speaker 1: I'm getting her a nockout, I don't care.
Speaker 2: You might as well get her a pager.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna whatever works