Speaker 1: Get you the way morning every day, Adelaide, My really.
Speaker 2: Let's it is, so time for it.
Speaker 3: Let's go girls why TG yeah the girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the girls. This sort of stuff we talk about off here and we think, oh, you know, Margaret, let's talk about it on air, Abby from the newsroom. Single this week, all yeah, mingle always single? Thank you? All right? Producers? Are we over there? Hi in your twenties? Yes, very career driven single this week? Yes, all right. I haven't passionate anyone anyway.
Speaker 3: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I do over our weekends. It's none of your business or staff.
Speaker 3: Weddings.
Speaker 2: Do you know his name yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's no.
Speaker 3: Did you pass.
Speaker 2: At a wedding, more specifically Josh's wedding last week? Fourteen issue? A good kiss? Abby? You've got something for us this week? Something for you.
Speaker 4: So I was having a conversation with a few different friends and we'll talk about doing things alone. And for me, I'm aggressively single. I have lived away from home. I went five years up in Queensland, so I was on my own for a lot of those apart from when I had a boyfriend. But for me, I go and do things alone all the time, So I don't necessarily go out for dinner, but like I'll go out for lunch, or I'll go to the movies, or I don't know, whatever, I need to go to an event.
Speaker 2: I'll go on my own a lot.
Speaker 4: And I've got friends who just baffled them. They could not believe. They're like, I could never do that. I could never go somewhere on my own.
Speaker 2: Just I can't do it.
Speaker 4: So it got me thinking, if anyone out there thirteen twenty four to ten, do you do things alone?
Speaker 2: Do you go to the movies? Do you go and take yourself out for lunch? Do you like if you just say, I've seen you walk into functions by yourself. Do you ever feel self conscious doing that? Or you just so used to?
Speaker 4: Recent I sit in the car for probably ten minutes before that, having a huge panic attack because I don't want to walk in there on my own. You have to, Yeah, but I will go when I go and have lunch if I go, And I like sitting in cafes and working. I find it easier than sitting at home. Also because I live with my parents, and mom and dad like to chat the whole time, and when I'm trying to work. So for me, I'll have my laptop and I'll go and sit and I'll go and work usually, so maybe that's a little bit different. But yeah, I'm wondering what you guys do. Do you go and do things on your own?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess not really. I've always got children. I've got children in toe And if to just say I have to go to an event now, like on Sunday morning, instead of asking a friend, I'll just take one of the big girls to an event. But yeah, thirteen twenty four ten, what sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: I'll see what. I am in absolute admiration of the people who travel by themselves. Oh, I see, there you go, and.
Speaker 2: It's about to me me.
Speaker 3: You were about to embark on a solo job.
Speaker 2: I'm about to go to Europe for a month by myself.
Speaker 3: So scary time. I'm terrified, but I am excited.
Speaker 2: Everyone says it's the best thing. It is.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I did America on my own. I mean I was in a Kentiquy tour, but I didn't meet any of them. I didn't meet any of them until I got to it late. I was on I wasn't the Kentique. It was whatever it was called top deck.
Speaker 2: So we were the more were the old caved a little bit. Sorry, definitely the more sophisticated. Sophisticated.
Speaker 4: But yeah, best thing I over did was go to America on my own, and I'm still friends with those people who I met over there.
Speaker 2: Ten twenty four ten. What do you do on your own, Karina? Do you do stuff by yourself? I used to.
Speaker 5: I wish I could. Now I have bad two year old twins, it doesn't happen as much anymore. But I used to love going to the movies by myself. It was one of my best past comes when I was in Uni.
Speaker 2: You feel self conscious doing it, Karina, Oh you just didn't care.
Speaker 6: No, No, I didn't care.
Speaker 5: I knew people looked at me. Funny out when you buy a movie ticket generally and you go with something else, but there's no social pressures and no one who having you talk to you like you're trying to watch a movie.
Speaker 7: It's like by the roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See that's a thing as well, Crenda, like I almost going with someone else in particular game with kids, if you're going to a movie because you're genuinely into the movie, it's a distraction having someone else so you can.
Speaker 5: Just fhe yeah, and then you know as well, you can go popcorn and no one's there to judge your feet the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And then I bet as well. Now with two year old twins, you're like, oh, what I would give to go to the movies for.
Speaker 3: A couple of that.
Speaker 5: I don't think I haven't been to the movie since they've been born. No, that would be really nice.
Speaker 2: Movies become a thing of the past once you have children.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're on the Telly and they get paused a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to Kaylea. What do you do by yourself?
Speaker 6: Kayla?
Speaker 8: Okay, so I actually do absolutely everything alone. I know I shouldn't toot my own her own with that one, but I bring my UNI work with me. I go out to a park, I go to the shop, so I put on my head, I had phones, and I just try not to dance in public or singing in public. But no promises with that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. So you see that lady just working away, absolutely shaking her hips to the park. That's probably Kayla.
Speaker 2: And you feel comfortable, kaylor, And you feel comfortable doing that.
Speaker 8: I honestly couldn't care. Sometimes I just as long as I'm happy, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so good. Thank you. Let's go to Sarah. What are you doing by yourself? Sarah?
Speaker 6: I'm going too by myself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can we are? So? Sarah? Are you single or are you in a relationship.
Speaker 9: I'm in a relationship.
Speaker 10: But I tend to go to the movies by myself, so I can not only watch the movie by myself but eat all the snacks.
Speaker 2: A lot of people just going to the movies for the food just adulge, yeah, without being judged.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sarah, so how does a conversation go with your partner? It's like, Hey, I'm just off to the movies. You can't come?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't even offer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Sarah's out the door. Ya, thank you so much, Sarah.
Speaker 1: You go.
Speaker 3: I haven't been to the movies by myself ever. In fact, I don't remember last time I've been to the movies. But it just sort of feels it makes sense though, because I mean, who's even looking at you in the movie theater. Everyone's looking at the screen.
Speaker 2: I think I've a couple of times, and I think back, I see sort of older people who go to the movies by themselves, which I think, Oh that's a bit nice.
Speaker 3: I'm shout out to all the mums out there as well. Remember when you used to be able to go to the toilet by yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah that was fun, weren't they? Good times?
Speaker 3: And now your kids watch you and talk to you. Yeah, they're not distracted by any.
Speaker 2: Literally stand in front of you. You go, Mama, I want to Veggie might Sam?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: All right, well can you give me forty five seconds?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, give you thirty.
Speaker 2: Here's where you're waking up to Adelaide, breaking news. What's the news Todays? Starting out with a horrific story from overseas And I think everyone's been watching on with horror because this has unfolded, this story of these two brothers over in Mexico at Yeah, this is really sad.
Speaker 4: So two Australian brothers, Callum and Jake, who were from Perth. They had gone to Mexico and met up with a friend of theirs, Carter, who was from the United States. They believe their bodies have now been found on Mexico's West coast. Essentially, they were in Mexico. They were going on a surfing trip. They've come across three people who tried to steal their car. They've refused and it's turned deadly. So the parents of Callum and Jacob on their way and they've just touched down in Mexico to be able to speak to the local authorities. Three people are in custody and another body has been found. There was a property owner unrelated to the boys who had gone missing, and all their bodies were found together in a well in Mexico. So just really horrible. Obviously, you don't ever go overseas thinking that you're not going to come home.
Speaker 2: And it's a really really tragic story. What does that mean for tourism in Mexico? Because I know that they were on the outskirts, and I know that the popular spots are safe, but when you go traveling around Mexico, it just feels so fraught with danger, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I haven't done I haven't been to Mexico, but I did do America, and I was with a group of people, so probably a lot safer. But we had two who left the group and went off on their own, and yeah, it was really scary to think, well, you're on your own now, there's no one like you don't have a big group around you to protect you. So I know people do it all the time and this is not obviously not something that occurs all the time, but still, really yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was just reading a story in the paper about how there was a guy who was a mutual friend of all of them and he actually had hand drawn a map on a napkin when they were out for dinner and said this is where you should go. The guilt that you'd be feeling. Yeah, absolutely horrible, terrible story and you just heart goes out to that family who have made that long journey from Australia. Awful, awful, awful. I guess we'll get confirmation today whether it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're saying that there's a lot of information that they can't make public yet, but they obviously need the parents to identify them.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, yeah, let's change tact for just a second. And Chris Hemsworth has flown out to the States for the met Gala met Gala, he's hosting it.
Speaker 3: Ah, that would be that's that would have been interesting.
Speaker 2: Space was wasn't that there would be a hard space? I reckon he's hosting it alongside Jennifer Lopez A Zendaya. You do, but you know that's bad Buddy love. Bad Bunny's worked.
Speaker 3: You Bad Bunny. Yeah, I'm not overly familiar with bad money, but he's a musician. We're talking hip hop.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: No, who knows? All right, let's get let's get a bit of bad bunnies work in just a moment, and and a winter as well. That would be a high pressure gig at the New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. I always I always look at the MET Gala Abs. I don't know about you, but I just think there are so many poor people, in starving people in the world, and these celebrities spend millions on these outfits. I know it's a charity due but it just really seems I don't know its well.
Speaker 4: Apparently that section of the MET Gala has to pay for itself, so that's why they put this on to like the costume side of things.
Speaker 2: So it's not even for charity, No, it's fund them.
Speaker 4: So last year they last year they made twenty two million I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Sure, like US dollars.
Speaker 4: So that's why it gets put on it and if you're if you're invited, that means you're someone of culture and someone who's like of global culture.
Speaker 2: Like like Canye West.
Speaker 4: Also side note, bad Bunny is a Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: Rapper Pyoto Rican Pyoto familiar. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: To dress though he seems very very down to earth and grounded out. Yes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Let's wrap it up with just a little bit of sports news. What about the Elizabeth Eagles and DIF six of the Oudelaid Footy League. Oh my very goodness, if you haven't seen this story, this is a team that got spanked on the weekend by I would say would be up there with the record margin five hundred and sixteen points to nil. They lost to the Fitzroy Lines.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Five hundred and sixteen points. That's eighty two goals and a whole heap of hinds which would basically made about eighty five to eighty six goals. So they ridiculous one blog for Fitzroy kick twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Goals and so they didn't even score a point. It did not scor nothing.
Speaker 3: Yes, good luck being a forward Elizabeth Eagles forll lines.
Speaker 2: I reckon they might need your help.
Speaker 3: Well, do you know what, As I've always said that I'm one hundred point different, so maybe they could lose by four hundred and sixteen points at best. We really we're going to do something that potentially.
Speaker 4: I just I know what it's like when you know you're playing sport back when you were younger, and you're losing every week, but losing by five hundred and something points and still rocking up.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, demoralizing.
Speaker 3: Have with their record so far as well. Round one three hund and forty seven to seven, lost Round two two hundred and sixty five to eleven. Not too bad, it's still lost Round three two hundred ninety six to thirteen, and then it was round four on the weekends. No boys aren't traveling to it. And by the way, Elizabeth Eagles proud heritage. I think that's where MICKEYO. Laughlin was, Johnny Platten, a few other really prominent players from the North.
Speaker 4: Okay, they only just won the premiership, well a few years ago, did they? Yeah, there was a story on your network last night that I was listening to and it was like how quickly things change And it was only a few years ago that they'd won the premiership.
Speaker 3: It changes massively. I've seen as well in the Adea foot League when youre jumping from different divisions, Okay, it can really drastically turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, is there a chance they can get regraded? Is there anything lower than see?
Speaker 3: I think there is a div seven?
Speaker 2: Isn't there no six?
Speaker 3: Think that? Think at the minute that Elizabeth Eagles the boys are losing.
Speaker 2: Inter Okay, if you work in the regrading section of the Adelaide Football League, you might want to look at dropping the Elizabeth Eagles down. I'm just saying it will.
Speaker 3: Be interesting to see what the Law Footy league does because you can't have a time to lose and points every week.
Speaker 2: No national headlines, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: Unless they get some serious help, Let's see what happens. So what Joe is I could take the world's best cup of coffee in my mouth right now? Could you? Boy? That was sexual, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Where did well gods did that come from?
Speaker 3: Sorry? But they say day have a lat day fro an a cafe has a tendency to do that. Sometimes it merges into a nightclub. Yeah, and all of a sudden you wake up. You're like what am I here for? Who are you delicious coffee? Though it's going to open up very very soon. Yesterday a very interesting time in our house. We had to bribe Henry the day before to do all sorts of things, and what we did was promis inghim a new game when hiss, Nintendo switch right, and he was like, I want to download this basketball game. And I finally realized what it was. He's now playing NBA two K twenty four. So that's the same league as game is like FIFA on some of these really iconic games. Okay, I start thinking, well, that's kind of cool, but also what kind of generational addiction to gaming am I starting? Couldn't be as bad as a past over in Pennsylvania though, a man of the church who just got done for spending forty thousand dollars of church money, mind you, on candy crush. So the big fellow got done in tital for two hundred and fourteen thousand dollars of miscellaneous church funds, which also included spending a heap of money on slot machines and also Mario Kart. Sure why not? I used to get addicted to Mario cart as well? What about when you get a starting like this d and I'm advincible here for a second.
Speaker 2: Did your shoulders start going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then you start steering with your head as well and getting right into it, and you don't need to put that much effort into it. Candy Crush, though, is dangerous. Like I know peopleferent workplaces who were genuinely addicted to this thing. That's a pretty simple game as well. Was it just like sort of matching up different looking bits of candy?
Speaker 2: I've never played in my life, I have to say, but I do know people who adore it and live for it.
Speaker 3: Strange, isn't it. Yeah? What about back in the day or even now? Did you do you play games at all?
Speaker 2: No? Not really, I'm not really a game player. Yeah, you'd be, weirdly enough. But back in the day I used to get into Frogger.
Speaker 3: Or she did play jes As. You're just getting squashed on the road, I know Frogger.
Speaker 2: What about playing a game? What about playing a game where if you take a wrong step you get squashed.
Speaker 3: By a car? Yeah? I stopped standing.
Speaker 2: Actually, morbid for those frogs, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know that was your childhood game and the sort of mid twenties. You played the same game on a Saturday night, a crossing the street from one part of the other them playing that real life Frogger crossing the road over from the havelock every Saturday night in order.
Speaker 2: That's four lanes, so can you trigger to navigate? After sixty?
Speaker 3: I used to play thing called doodle jump? What everyone else played doodle jump before? How Good's doodle jump? By the way? Top score one hundred and two thousand. Whatever would you believe? And I'm a little bit embarrassed by this, Like the name suggests it is actually a small doodle jumping around? What, yes it is? It is? Is it not? Look it up? It's a small little doodle that jumps around. What it's its name? Doodle jumpole jump.
Speaker 2: I'm just googling it. Oh that's not a yes it is it's not a doodle.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, my laugh's Alie. I believe what I want to be like.
Speaker 2: Now, that's a job.
Speaker 3: That was a joke. That's a job, a terrible job. And I would say seventy percent of it is because of news read Abby and her excellence in this field. That is the Monday Morning joke on.
Speaker 2: That it wasn't always this way, was it.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, she was quite dreadful in her delivery early on. I'm lame you guys.
Speaker 4: You just decided let's just be mean to her and just pretend she's not funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and what was born with that was you being genuinely funny.
Speaker 2: So you're welcome. You're welcome for our bullying.
Speaker 3: So fine, one joke each, let's really give us a crack. Do you mind if I kick us off this week? Ladies sting, I feel like you might be able to connect with this one, particularly ap. What's the difference between your boyfriend and a condom? We go, well, condoms have a vold. They're not so thick and insensitive anymore. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Sorry, lad's okay, sorry, lads, okay, what do you all right? An elephant walked up to a man on a nudist beach and I presume it was Maslin's and asked, how do you eat with that? And then.
Speaker 3: You can't pick up anything.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering. Were you two born on a highway? No? Oh, that's interesting because that's where most accidents happen.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 2: Your face, You're like, what no, I don't think so, I mean, I'll check with Colleen. I thought it was Canberra Memorial Hospital.
Speaker 11: Here we are.
Speaker 2: Hey, does anyone else get anxious when they walk into a party or into a room full of people? Yes? Yes, good. Isn't that normal? I'm so pleased to hear that. So I had a Yes, I'm just going to say it. I had a fiftieth birthday. I'm in fiftieth territory, you guys, Yeah, well that's okay.
Speaker 3: Well that least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get up at six am the next day and you know, go for your walking, get your Washington shut or maybe not.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So it was at the beautiful Sidewood Winery, and so it was. It was a girluble to state. But anyway, oh okay, mate. Anyway, so it's all girls, and I walk in and there's obviously we were the last to get there, so there were a few different groups established. So I walk in, see the birthday care, think birthday, and then I walk over to a separate group because I spotted a couple of old friends. And when I say old friends, like, we're talking decades old friendships here. Well, clearly you're at a fiftieth.
Speaker 3: That's a great collapse. It's very very strong app Sorry.
Speaker 2: Continue anyway, So I walk over to this group and I'm like, Brodie, give her a hug. And then I see Andrea, who lives into State, and it was all very exciting. And then I turned to someone who I didn't recognize and I went, Hi, I'm Jodie and she turned around she goes, Hi, I'm Anna, Anna Gillespie. I've been friends with Anna for twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know it started. We knew it was going to start first.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, you know what you should be doing in each new word or crosswords.
Speaker 2: It's really good for memory retention.
Speaker 3: Then it's a dicky hip and the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the group are like, what are you? And then Andrea said to me, she said, oh the minute that you didn't recognize her, I thought this is going to go bad. In my defense, I've never seen Anna with her hair out and it was light and it was curly. I've never seen and I haven't seen a vige. Okay, shut up.
Speaker 3: No, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I know I'm a terrible human being, but I have to say that wasn't the only case of mistaken identity on the weekend, Because I jumped in an uber to go home, and the guy was George. I get George regularly. I don't know how the uber lottery works, but I always get George. George is going. How's work going, Jody? And I said, yeah, it's really good. Thanks, I'm really enjoying it. My co host is a dream Da da da, And he goes, yeah, I'm really enjoying Jody and hughesy, what's going on.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about your beautiful little pet rat. Sorry, I met dog, I met dog, Sorr. I got the wrong word there.
Speaker 2: You apologize. I know that you're grieving over the loss of your dog from about six months ago. However, it doesn't entitle you to berate my dog and put poor little Sidney the toy ker bodle down.
Speaker 3: Okay, said sorry, I said here here, let me patch you on the face. Here we go. Oh my gosh, get out of here. Your aggressively.
Speaker 2: It is the most passive beautiful dog. In fact, if I were to criticize her at all, it's for being far too needy. Oh okay, just follows me around the house.
Speaker 3: That's what you get with tok boodles, though, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I know they just want attention all the time. She got attention last week. In fact, she was in so much trouble because we touched on this. She helped herself to a whole entire long block of Easter chocolate that one of the girls had left lying around, not very ulgen. And we all came home from school and work collectively to find vomit in every patch available in the home, from the kitchen to the laund room, to the couch to not one, not two, but three different beds, so we had to clean all the linen. Sid was very unwell.
Speaker 3: Sid just on the SPU circuit.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was such a thing as a SPU circuit, but if there was a dog on it, it was Sid. So Sid got banished outside and no longer is allowed to sleep in any of our beds. There's been some serious repercussions see there.
Speaker 3: The aftermath is just heavy.
Speaker 2: And I thought, surely, surely little Sid isn't the only one to get into mischief when Mum and Dad aren't home. Surely not thirteen twenty fourteen. Can we do this this morning? What did your animal get into? Doesn't have to be a dog, could be anything.
Speaker 3: Could be absolutely anything you did. Mention my unfortunate dog who's passed away just a few months ago, a little Indiana. She got into a pack of tin tams one time. She's a small dog as well, so she had about six or seven tim tams. And when we came home there was just a random tim tam on the couch. What's going on here? She's one broken in and eating some tim tams. Yeah, and she was sort of sitting next to it, and you put the tim tam up to her nose and genuinely almost ran off in a different directions.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 3: But also, Jades, I grew up in the farm. Yeah, so I the dog's there, and they were proper sheep dogs. And sometimes a dog is going you say hello, and they give this big lick in the face, and it feel like you wouldn't be able to get the smell off for days straight away. You go, Ah, been into a dead sheep? Yeah, beasting on a dead sheep down the other side of a pag. Come here and just pash me.
Speaker 2: Hey this as a side note, did you like write an em you to school?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, I used to do. I used to work fifteen miles of school each and every day, and sometimes I'd have to step on the cow paddies just to keep the feet warm.
Speaker 2: Why were you walking when there was a perfectly good even you.
Speaker 3: In the padding. It's hard to tame some of these enemies, though.
Speaker 2: Did you ever get to school and look around and go, oh, my god, there's no one here. That's right, because no one lives in this town, that's right?
Speaker 3: Are you making fun of the fact that I went to school sixteen people in it with no one in the year above. The closest boy was two years below. Maybe that explained some social awkwardness. Who knows?
Speaker 2: Did you have a teacher or was that just like one of the rams that taught you self?
Speaker 3: Taught self taught Beckham Primary School? Beautiful? It doesn't exist as well, by the way, Oh wow, it's a myth.
Speaker 2: God did everyone just die? What happened? Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure, just sort of phase out, got to the stage where not enough people were attending anyway, were stating they veer off in a different direction for my sore little childhood thirteen twenty four ten. What did your animal get into?
Speaker 2: Let's get back on track.
Speaker 3: Shall we get out of my face? There sid Thirday, twenty four teen. What did your pet get into?
Speaker 2: Let's go to cat? Good morning, Good morning. What'd your pet get into? Their cat?
Speaker 9: My husband went deer hunting one day and caught himself a deer and brought the skin home and decided it was a good idea to cover it in salt to let it dry out. But he left it on.
Speaker 10: The floor in the shed where we live, and failed to let the dog out, and he decided that it was a good idea to lick.
Speaker 9: All the salt.
Speaker 3: What was the aftermath for that?
Speaker 9: He kindly jumped up on my bed and yet vomited.
Speaker 10: Absolutely everywhere, and he was quite sick for a while. But he won't go near a deer skin, and he.
Speaker 11: Doesn't like salt.
Speaker 2: Yes, got to be careful, those salted deer skins don't andrew yes of it. Thank you so much, cat Brett. What did your dog get into?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning. So I had a rock wheeler. Moms did boding. We had an ingrand swimming pool with a three thousand dollars solar blanket on it. So we went out one day and came home and she ripped the solar blanket off. The call and chewed it up.
Speaker 3: Kid Mark, skid Mark, stop every single time. So how do you how do you handle yourself in this situation? Not that Breton, what exactly do you do?
Speaker 11: Oh? I was only a kid, but dad kicked it in the gut.
Speaker 3: Well do you know what all say is that it was a different time back then, It was a different time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely don't endorse that.
Speaker 3: We don't do that these days. No, thank you, And may wherever skid Mark is listening to us from and doggy heaven yep, may skid Mark continue to rip up the solar panels up and heaven exactly.
Speaker 2: Let's got a kill. Good morning, killy, good morning. What did your dog get him too? Please?
Speaker 8: He got into our air conditioning unit.
Speaker 11: And ate all the wiring.
Speaker 8: So now we have no air conditioner or heater.
Speaker 3: As the family suffers through the upcoming winter.
Speaker 2: Yes, and how expensive will that be to fix?
Speaker 10: The quote we've gotten at the moment is around fourteen grand.
Speaker 3: What sort of dog is it and what's its name?
Speaker 8: He's an American staffy gross Kelsey and his name is Carlton.
Speaker 2: Carleton is in so much trouble. Wow, Carlton sleep outside now?
Speaker 10: No, he still gets to sleep in our room.
Speaker 2: And how did the conversation go with Carlton after he chewed three recognitioning It wasn't a happy one.
Speaker 10: My husband definitely wasn't happy.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 10: But yeah, so the air can just turned off randomly one day in during the heat.
Speaker 8: Wave, and then we went outside and saw.
Speaker 10: He'd eaten all the wiring behind the unit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, Carl's actually liked in electric I know.
Speaker 2: Good point, Thank you, Keally. Kaylene, what did your dog get into? Oh? Yuck, I've just seen yuck.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 6: It was actually my friend's dog. I've been in Dawin and they've got a little sausage dog named Winston, and he got into a cane toad, which highly's topic.
Speaker 2: Okay, is Winston still with us?
Speaker 6: He's still alive. So I actually walked around with him over my shoulder like a baby for three hours, making him vomit all over me. He was like foaming it. Now, he was very unwell, but after that three hours he was starting to walk again in circles. But yeah, he's alive. And he gets into cane toads a lot, apparently, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, because they're easy target. Cane toads are everywhere. They're not very athletic, and I dare say that this little sausage dog isn't quite athletic as well, So he's like he's a free meal.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen dedication into a sausage dog like that since news read a abbey basically carried it was it tangle Tory around when she did a disk in her back? He's back? Tank?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't wouldn't tank smash a cane to do?
Speaker 2: You know what they used to do when I lived in cans.
Speaker 4: They'd walk up to their water bowl and like the cane to to be in there and flick in its foot out swimming, and Tan could like go what's that and walk off? Yeah, toy is the one that kills birds. I got home the other day and there was a bird dead in our patio area. Oh, she's got the taste of blood.
Speaker 2: Now she goes. If you're a bird and you get caught by Tory the sausage dog, do you need to have a.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Let's take one more showing Ali good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning. How are you people? Good?
Speaker 2: We're very good. Okay, that's good. You pet get.
Speaker 7: Into Yeah, look what I came home from work one night and my boyfriends ran out and said, but really quietly, really quiet, what he's eating some of the special biscuits. And I was like, oh, dear, and what It was pretty sleepy to start off with for a few hours, and then he got the zoomies and stuff. Added just racing around the farmhouse and he'd run around the corner and he'd hear him slide around on the wooden floors and banging against the cupboard, and then you'd hear him up and fly back around the corner. And yeah, he did that for a while. He was a pretty cool dog. After that he just thought, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just really changed his whole perspective on everything he did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was just yeah, he was a pretty pretty cool dog anyway. I mean he did have a cool name anyway, so he had to live.
Speaker 11: Up to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Why do you get the munchies?
Speaker 7: Well, well he did. He liked he liked his eating and on a on a buy note, it was actually an original name for a one bat. So they sort of these other things, don't they for know what I name? Who've heard that joke?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Elly, my pleasure. You have a great cake.
Speaker 3: I feel like that if I was a dog, I would want to live in Ali's household. Yeah, by day sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Fun. And also on a side note, why do you smash them doritos?
Speaker 3: Didn't he smash them?
Speaker 11: So hungry?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm so hungry? Okay, what have you been into it? Just had a cookie? Oh my gosh, not again. Good morning to everybody. Good morning to those who did well on their tips this weekend, because it was a bit of a mixed bag hard to predict.
Speaker 2: Will you sort of normally only bring this up when you've done well? So go on?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind of fifty to fifty based on the weekend. So I tipped the Swans. I think a lot of people tip gws in the SA Derby, but I got that one. But then I would have thought that most people would have dipped the Bulldogs. They have a hawf and Hawthorne won that one. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: It can be confusing anyway, So how many did you get?
Speaker 3: I also tippored as well, So how did you get? I think I only got four?
Speaker 2: Okay, jeez it. We took the long route to get there, but we got the end result.
Speaker 3: I check out all the tips supercoach tips dot com. Dote U selections are coming up in the Advertiser for the next round coming up on Thursday. In terms of local footage, Joes, who did you tip between the Fitzroy lines and the Elizabeth Eagles and dip six?
Speaker 2: I went to the Fitzroy lines just given the pattern for the Elizabeth Eagles over the last.
Speaker 3: Did you because I tipped the Eagles?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They were very much due for a win. Yeah right, Round one three and forty seven to seven. They lost Round two two hundred and sixty five to eleven. They lost Round three two nine six or thirteen they lost. I thought he would go the boys are on a winner here. Instead they went down five hundred and sixth to Zip's.
Speaker 2: Eighty two goals. So can you imagine being the goal umpire?
Speaker 3: I feel, oh goddage. Imagine getting tender nightis in your shoulder from making the goal signal that much and one out?
Speaker 2: Oh I was thinking about the other goal, umpire.
Speaker 3: Who's that? Yeah? He fell asleep, That's what I was thinking about. Imagine being a ford for the Elizabeth Eagles. Oh God, well being a defender for the Fitzroy Lions.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 3: I remember back in the day we had it might have been two thousand and two thousand and eight, maybe nine. We had a game against Nord where we flogged them. And it's a bloke by the name of Dan Havelberg, very good friend of mine, one of the most beautiful people on the planet. He kicked fourteen and it was ridiculous by the end of the game. I was very very good mates with the ford for Nord because I was playing in defense. Yeah right, that's how slow.
Speaker 2: So you just got chatty.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine what it was like for the Elizabeth Eagles.
Speaker 2: Did you say to him at that point? Do you know one day I might end up on nover And he was like, oh, you're a pean?
Speaker 3: No did I did? I'm saying I still, I said to him, I still have aspirations to make it to the AFL last he laugh