Speaker 1: On scorn Lous Australia. This is the reader Panahe Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panahe Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, The PM's lavish beach house raises eyebrows.
Speaker 2: And questions about his political judgment.
Speaker 3: Another renewable project in doubt as companies abandoned their construction plans.
Speaker 2: I'll speak to Professor in Pimer about that.
Speaker 3: A leading international security expert joins me with a warning about the biggest danger facing the West today.
Speaker 2: Also on the program tonight, Josh Hammer.
Speaker 3: Would be latest from the US, including a plagiarism scandal for Kamala Harris and talking about Left He's losing it. A bumper star studded edition tonight featuring a bold face liar here actress Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 4: Guy, is there anything sexier than a man who's like Mentra Kamala Who.
Speaker 2: Start with news from the Herald Sun.
Speaker 3: Thousands of Victorian Department of Justice and Community Safety staff are being forced to undertake taxpay funded white privileged training in preparation for a government treaty with the state's aboriginal population. The divisive and highly questionable material has caused an understandable backlash amongst some staff. Opposition Justice spokesman Brad Batton has.
Speaker 2: Called for the removal of.
Speaker 3: The white Privileged module from the state funded training program. He told the Herald Son workplace safety is essential and to have training that discriminates on race just to deliver on a WOK agenda is disgraceful. They must withdraw this module as a matter of urgency. But Premier Center Alan has expressed her support for the training. Well, of course she has. That's no surprises. They're joining me now for more on This is News Corps senior writer and columnist Patrick Carlin and Patrick as a why privilege heterosexual sismle, I don't know if you're entitled to have an opinion on this, but please try to offer one.
Speaker 5: Well, I can understand why a lot of people do have an opinion on it. Look at divides people. It basically divides people by race. It says that you have white people and you have non white people. And look, it's activism dressed up as workplace reform, isn't it. I mean, it's one thing for an activist to talk about white privilege or structural racism and so on, but this is actually in a training module. It is basically imposing an abstraction as a fact, and a lot of people don't like that. They might not understand what it actually implies, but they know to be suspicious of it, don't they.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And it is activism that becomes normalized in the workplace, and then it just becomes something that you can't even question because then you're the one who will be targeted. The inclusion and tolerance does not stretch to mainstream opinions like we're all the same, should all be treated the same?
Speaker 5: That's right. Look, I think it's a divide more than unite. Oh it doesn't. Actually, it won't do what it sets out to do. It actually pushes back.
Speaker 3: Well, none of these DEI diversity, equity inclusion policies are really what they claim to be because they do divide us rather than unite. Now let's go to the act. A Greens candidate is under fire after he made some ridiculous remarks posted to social media that he thinks we should f in kill politicians, send them to the Hague and hang them in the street. Another post read f Israel and their genocide or regime.
Speaker 2: I don't give an.
Speaker 3: Shiit how many of their occupying forces die.
Speaker 2: This is an addition to another.
Speaker 3: Controversy Cruise was embroiled in where he was forced to clarify a separate post on x where he purportedly suggested that Hezbullah shouldn't be listed.
Speaker 2: As a terrorist organization.
Speaker 3: These posts are well, they're astonishing and they're not because we expect this sort of stuff from the Greens these days.
Speaker 2: Could he have been hacked? Is there an explanation for this that's innocent?
Speaker 5: It doesn't sound like it look it sounds like the perfect Greens candidate, as you were saying. I mean, he's stoking anti semitism, he's hateful, and he's very undergraduate. Even the language. It sounds like a year nine after having two beers or something and getting angry about trying to save the world. It's ludicrous this stuff and the fact he hasn't been disendorsed. Is it real worry? In the Act where the Greens actually share power, they've got three cabinet ministers.
Speaker 3: Well, the Act is a different world, and I think the referendum showed us that the entire country said no and said it pretty strongly.
Speaker 2: The Act different parallel universe.
Speaker 3: They were all for it very strongly. Now Anthony Albernizi has just bought a four point three million dollar beach front holiday home in Copah Kabana, New South Welt, Central Coast. I like sound of that Copa Kabana sounds like it's in South America. This is a move that I don't think is going to sit well with a lot of Australians. Patrick, the cost of living crisis, housing crisis. Really is this a smart move for a prime minister to be making right now leading up to an election, especially because it's a holiday home. Certainly as prime minister, he's not going to be able to live there.
Speaker 5: No, that's right, and look at to what you've been described today as Albanese's Hawaii moment. The timing is terrible. You're going to cost him living crisis, as you were saying, he hasn't always. It makes him an easy target too for the opposition to say, well, are you about to check out? There are times when you look like you've checked out during being prime minister? Is this actually a sign that you're not fully invested? And it suggests that he's totally out of touch with average people who cannot pay the mortgage, who cannot pay the rent, who aren't sure where they're going to be living in three months time.
Speaker 3: There's certainly not spending four point three million on a beach house or which is going to be used occasionally, unless he's I don't know, hiding from us, that is stepping down and hide to the beach.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand he's paid four point three million dollars for beach house and it doesn't even have a swimming pool.
Speaker 2: What's outrageous? Well, your speech is right there.
Speaker 3: And also for a politician who's just traded so much on his history as growing up in public housing and that's just been a big part of his brand. Again, you can see why this seems to be but it's just a lack of political nous. Absolutely, wait until after.
Speaker 2: The election to do it. I mean, it's just a remarkable decision to be making. Now.
Speaker 3: Now I want to ask you about a top fund manager warning that labours proposed tax on superbalances of more than three million could decimate self managed superfunder industry. The entire industry would be in peril, according to Wilson Asset Management chief Jeff Wilson.
Speaker 2: He says that these taxes.
Speaker 3: Would remove any benefit to invest your money into a super fun and you'd be better off putting it into a savings account instead. This is an area that I'm surprised the alb and Easy government of venturing down because it costs. Bill Shorten had a lot to do with Bill Shorten losing the unlosable election. You would think they would leave this industry alone for now.
Speaker 5: And there's any to be dabbling with negative gearing and looks.
Speaker 2: In their DNA they can't help themselves.
Speaker 5: No, that's right, And look it sounds like a bad sort of law for a number of reasons. The unintended consequences that the fund managers are talking about. You're going to draw all this money, You're going to dry out all this money that goes into investment. It's going to hurt productivity, it's going to economic growth. Australians are trained from day one to avoid tax and if they're going to get close to three million dollars, and it's a threshold that isn't even indexed for the future. So three million dollars today might sound like a lot, but in five years time, or ten years time or twenty years time, it's not so much. It's not even index and it's going to have effects that we're not intended.
Speaker 3: We invest that money with the current laws and rules and then they're changed on you. I think that's also what most people would.
Speaker 2: See as unfair.
Speaker 3: And it seems like we keep attacking people who are trying to be self sufficient, whether it's through property investment or self managed super fun who are sacrificing so they don't go on the pension that can take care of themselves. I just think that's just so shortsighted.
Speaker 5: It really is anti aspirational.
Speaker 3: Anti aspirational exactly. Patrick Carline, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 2: Thanks very joining.
Speaker 3: Me now is a steam geologist and author, Professor Ian Plymer, Professor.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Chris Bowen.
Speaker 3: His green dreams have been dealt another blow after a world leading offshore wind developer officially abandoned plans to build a proposed offshore wind farm in the Illawarra wind zone, and when asked about this, Chris Bowen's office has refused to confirm whether there are other companies with any interest in stepping in to fill this void. Will the taxpayers have to step in here and heavily subsidize this plan or provide even more incentives for companies to bid for the project.
Speaker 7: Well, these plans are already very heavily subsidized, and we also pay very highly to keep them going. Now we find in the UK that they had tenders for these offshore wind monstrosities and one tender wasn't They had no one bidding for it. Were found the same in Canada. We found the same in Europe. The costs are too high, the money's not there, and people are not prepared to pay the risk.
Speaker 1: But wait for it.
Speaker 7: I've got a great idea. Instead of putting such wind turbines on the Illawarra coast, why don't we put them on the Central coast, just offshore from mister albany four point three million dollar holiday home. If he was a man of principle, he would love to see offshore Coca Cabana covered in these wind turbines. And the best way to fund it would be for me siperhind superannuation of politicians. That would be the ideal principles that mister Albanese could demonstrate to us. Now he would have a view of the turbines. It would be the only scheme he'd which had been successful after all the voice had and everything else he touches falls apart. So I think this is the way to do it. Forget all the coal underneath, forget the fact that there's coal fired and coal minifted not north of him, cover the central coast with these and then when you've done that, through green seats and teal seats, with wind turbites. They're non economic, the tax payers funding them, the electricity consumers funding them. And if people who are skinning us alive can't see that's it quid to be made, then there has to be a problem with them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Chris Bowen is still focusing on the coalition's energy policy is continuing to attack the opposition's nuclear policy. He posted this on x He said, experts have told us that Peter Dutton's nuclear scheme could cost six hundred billion, take twenty years, only secure four percent of the energy greed and push up your power bills hundreds of dollars. And if this is the case for a uranium rich country like US, why are so many other First World nations, from Sweden to Japan to the US investing so heavily in nuclear energy?
Speaker 7: Because these numbers are wrong. Because look at Finland, their electricity costs went down enormously by putting in big reactors. The same happened in Sweden. We have a large amount of electricity. More than seventy percent of the electricity from France comes from nuclear reactors. They have the cheapest power in Europe. These numbers are demonstrably wrong. And if he's going to jump up and down about the opposition's numbers, I want to see the numbers that he's suggesting for these thousands of kilometers of high voltage wires that have to cover farmlands from distal power stations, from these wind turbines out in the middle of nowhere. He hasn't costed anything. So once he starts costing his own projects, then he can start worrying about costing of other projects. But this doesn't pass the pub test. We know that in the country's nuclear is reliable and it's cheap. And the last point is he hasn't costed in how unreliable energy affects the economy. If you have a power failure, if you have a power outage and you're pouring metal in a foundry, that metal freezis that costs a large amount of money. So if you've got nuclear or coal or gas twenty four to seven three sixty five, you can have cheap, reliable energy.
Speaker 3: Now, finally, I want to get your thoughts on space X pulling off a massive feet in aerospace engineering with these mechanical arms on the launch tower of its flagship rocket called Starship, catching the rocket's boost a module after it self detached following takeoff. The footage is just mind blowing that they manage this spectacular achievement in I'm interested in your thoughts because I'm not. This is an area that doesn't normally interest me, but even I've watched this footage over and over again in.
Speaker 7: Awe, I think it's just absolutely fabulous. What engineers can do is to solve problems and solve problems which we thought were impossible. Now they can also do that with their power for it. They can also do it with energy. It's done every day in minds, it's done on farms. So it is the engineers, not the ideological politicians, that actually solved problems. And some of them like this. It looks impossible, but it happened. So all I say is we should glorify our engineers who can give us the modern world.
Speaker 3: And it just shows you what could happen in the private sector. You see all the money that's gone to NASA in recent years, and they didn't pull this off.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk and space extit.
Speaker 7: Yes, and there were no government committees trying to solve these problems. And my experience has been the government committees don't solve problems. They create income from people who are eminently unemployable, and it's endless. At the end of a committee session, they have another problem to solve. So I just think this is a marvel of engineering, supported by capitalism, supported by private enterprise, and we really should let governments get out of the way, reduce the number of people in the public service, and actually start building things like a nation.
Speaker 3: Halla, Lujah, Provacy and Plyma, thank you so much for your time this evening. Now it's time for lefties losing as we've got a celebrity extravaganza coming up.
Speaker 2: But first to Gwen Woles, the wife of Tim Woles. You'll remember her, Bye bye, Donald Trump. She's terrifying. Well listen to her.
Speaker 3: Here order people to take three friends with them to the polling booth and need you to take yourself and three friends to the ballot box and make your voice heard.
Speaker 2: You have to vote. I'm going to repeat that again.
Speaker 8: You and three of your friends have to make your voices heard by voting.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just grateful that she's stopped turning the page and stop singing.
Speaker 9: We were all stand a bench to the other.
Speaker 2: Team will never yield and we will bergget. We're here, we were faith for a victory. Weird, just weird.
Speaker 3: And if you want to know just how weird this couple is on this Columbus stay, Let's take a look at what Governor Ti Walls said back in twenty twenty when far left activists tore down a statue of Columbus. Let's look at the destruction first. This is how Governor Walls reacted. Not condemnation, not even mild criticism, but he defended the leftist extremists destroying monuments.
Speaker 2: He said that had legitimate concerns about a genocidal monument.
Speaker 8: It was an act of civil disobedience that we need to make sure people feel that there is a proper outlet to address what are legitimate concerns around what they view as a generalcidal monument that they have to walk to in their democracy.
Speaker 2: You want this character anywhere near the White House? Are you in nuts? Now?
Speaker 3: Yesterday we mocked him Wall's attempts to play the macho man gun enthusiast.
Speaker 2: That whole thing was frankly beyond parody.
Speaker 3: But Kamala's antics are being parodied on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: Here she is playing family feud.
Speaker 10: Okay, one hundred people surveying, top six answers on the board. Nay, have something that you're keeping your glove compartment? Help, BP, Harris Steve Look, I was raised in a middle class family. All right, Oh here we go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 11: My mother raised my sister and me, all right, she worked hard and saved up.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: And we had a second mother too, Okay.
Speaker 10: Did that mother have a glove compartment?
Speaker 2: A small business owner named miss Shelton?
Speaker 10: Okay, we got that something that you keep in your global apartment.
Speaker 2: Oh we're gluck stee if a big old glove.
Speaker 3: Now, you know the Democrats are getting desperate when they pull out the celebrity card. Last week we brought you vision of Bruce Springsteen embarrassing himself with her publicly airing his tedious symptoms trumped arrangement syndrome symptoms. It was unedifying, and I regret to inform you that John bon Jovi is also similarly afflicted, and even worse. He has written a song about it all. He tweeted that he is voting for Harrison Walls and this is the aforementioned song, Brace Yourself.
Speaker 2: The cringe is extreme.
Speaker 12: These allus.
Speaker 3: Let's say what other A listas are embarrassing themselves in recent days? And uh, we've got Jennifer Ghana, actress, Jennifer Gannah.
Speaker 2: She must be a.
Speaker 3: Very good actress, indeed, because she set this outrageous lie without laughing out loud.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at these beautiful faces, these women and these strong men. Guy, is there anything sexier than a man who's like men for Kamala?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 4: You are the front line of this battle for lack of a better word.
Speaker 2: Is there anything sexier than men for Kamala? Yes? Everything, Everything is sexier than dudes for Kamala? Are you kidding me? Now?
Speaker 3: Let's get more daft celebrity endorsements delivered in cringe fact. Here is Kerry Washington along with John Legend and his wife Chrissy Teagan that's the model who was exposed for sending the most vile trolling comments to teenagers, including telling one to kill herself. Happily, those episodes are well behind her. Now she's producing content.
Speaker 13: Like this, I honestly, genuinely, fully when a hundred percent sincerely believe that this is going to change people's lives.
Speaker 3: And what is Michigan Governor direcchen Wigmer up to these days? Okay, at least she wasn't saying anything unhinged in that clip.
Speaker 2: Trump came all the.
Speaker 11: Way to Michigan to beat down and insult the people of Detroit.
Speaker 1: So keep Detroit out.
Speaker 11: Of your mouth, Donald Trump, and the words of Arica.
Speaker 1: Sure Detroit is a little respect.
Speaker 2: Keep Detroit out of your mouth, Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: D me.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a master cause in how to handle the Democrats propaganda on the leftist losing it activists.
Speaker 2: In the media. Here is JD. VADs on Abasa.
Speaker 11: The incidents were limited to a handful of apartment conflux apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerns a handful of problems.
Speaker 9: Only, Martha, do you hear yourself?
Speaker 6: Only a handful of apartment complexes in America were taken over by Venezuelan gangs, and Donald Trump is the problem and not Kamala Harris's open border. Americans are so fed up with what's going on, and they have every right to be. And I really find this exchange, Martha's sort of interesting because you seem to be more focused with nitpicking everything that Donald Trump has said rather than acknowledging that apartment complexes in the United States of America are being taken over by violence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a few apartment complex There's nothing to worry about. And here is JD Vance with New York Times reporter Lulu Garcia Navarro who claims that you can't deport all these illegal immigrants because they work in construction and we need more houses than ever. I wonder if she was against abolishing slavery too. Jd Vance treated her questions with the disdain they deserve.
Speaker 14: I don't think that many people who look into this agree with you. But about a third of the construction workforce in this country is Hispanic. Of those, a large proportion are undocumented. So how do you propose to build all the housing necessary that we need in this country by removing all the people who are working in construction.
Speaker 13: Well, I think it's a fair question because we know that back in the nineteen sixties, when we had very low levels of legal immigration, Americans didn't buy houses, didn't build houses. But of course they did. And I'm being sarcastic, of course, in service of a point. Again, this is one of the really deranged things that I think a legal immigration does to our society. Is it gets us in a mindset of saying we can only build houses with the legal immigrants. When we have seven million just men, not even women, just men who have completely dropped out of the labor force. People say, well, Americans won't do those jobs. Americans won't do those jobs for below the table wages still to come.
Speaker 3: Josh Hammer with the latest from the US, including a plagiarism scandal for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. Joining me now is Newsweek Senior editor at Large, Josh Hammer.
Speaker 3: Josh, let's have a listen to the Harris campaign's latest strategy, and it's out there. Apparently the Republicans are hiding Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 15: Here's the thing. It makes you wonder. It makes you wonder, why does his staff.
Speaker 2: Want him to hide away.
Speaker 3: One last question, one last question.
Speaker 15: Are they afraid that people will see that he is too weak and unstable?
Speaker 3: Yes, one must wonder, josh one must one die?
Speaker 2: Such a bizarre line.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's going to work with the undecided voters, but it's hard to think of a candidate that's more out there than Donald Trump. He's everywhere, He's on podcast, is doing every interviewed, He's doing press conferences at take away shops like he's just questioned and talking every day.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I believe that this is what psychiatrists call projection. You know, I didn't study psychiatry in law school or in grad school or whatever, but I mean, this is a clear and obvious case of psychiatric or psychological projection, is not. Tamala Harris is the one who only recently started to change her media strategy a little bit. But by the way, don't call it a media blitz because she's just doing left wing echo chamber interviews.
Speaker 9: Although I'll be at this week she's changing in a little bit.
Speaker 12: She actually she actually just now she's doing a sit down interview with Brett Bayer of Fox News. Apparently the latest scuttle butt is that she's also considering a potentially three hour long sit down with Joe Rogan, the very popular Austin, Texas based podcaster. I can't imagine how bad her internal polling is. That she's agreeing to a sit down interview with Brett bay Or of Fox News and potentially three hours. God help us if we actually sit through those full three hours with Joe Rogan.
Speaker 9: Kamala Harris is not in good shape.
Speaker 12: I mean, this has all of the indications of a campaign that is currently going down the toilet. She is losing momentum at the exact worst time possible. All of the polling is shifting Donald Trump's way right now. She peeked a little bit too early. They had that bump after the coup of Joe Biden leading up to the DNC in Chicago. But by the time I'm August turned through September, she had the debate when fine, I guess, but by mid to late September at the latest, it was basically over for her. And I don't want to prematurely call it. I'm not saying the elections over, but she had reached her peak. She had reached her peak in polling at this point. Now she's just flailing. So she was in Eerie Pennsylvania. I think that clickly just offten. I was thinking it was an eerie Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is the number one battleground tad this cycle. Bob Casey, who was the vulnerable senator running for reelection in Pennsylvania, did not even appear with Kamala Harris at that rally in Erie Pennsylvania because he knows that she's political poison in that state.
Speaker 2: That is not a good sign. And I would be shocked if she does Rogan.
Speaker 3: And if she does Rogan, you're right, her internal polling must be absolutely circling the drain, because that is dangerous for her to sit down with someone like him who is not going to be just giving her softball questions. He's going to actually hold her to account. That could be an appste train wreck. Donald Trump has already I think, indicated he's going.
Speaker 2: To be doing Rogan.
Speaker 3: But if she ends up doing it, wow, grab the popcorn. It's going to be a fun one. But she also had to go with Donald Trump for refusing to sit down and talk to sixty minutes.
Speaker 15: His staff won't let him do a sixty minutes interview every president for the last half century has done on anyone who's running for president.
Speaker 3: Now, put to one side the fact that sixty minutes audience is nowhere near what it used to be, I can think of two very good reasons why Donald Trump should, out of principle, not speak to sixty minutes again.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see if your reasons are the same as mine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Rita.
Speaker 12: Here in the US, CBS News has recently exposed itself as maybe the most blatantly corrupt of all of the various corporate media networks. And that is saying a lot what I just said, because there is a lot there. There are a lot of options to choose run CBS News. I mean, let's just run down the list and quick succession. First, they hosted that vice presidential debate between JD. Vans and Tim Walls, where JD Vans absolutely clobber Tim Walls. Not stand the fact that the two CBS moderators were fact checking JD.
Speaker 9: Vans in real time.
Speaker 12: Not stand the fact that they had given him their exact word that they would not do that before the debate. That's number one. Number two we had a Maoist struggle session in real time at CBS News when the morning anchor Tony Dokapil started to ask very reasonable basic questions to left wing charlottean tana HEAs Coades he was on to promote his deeply anti Semitic book The Message. Tony docopol was asking very basic questions, why didn't you talk about Hasbala the second Intofada? And apparently the big wigs the c suite at CBS News was so upset that their anchor had the temerity, had the hood spot to ask basic questions to Tony easy coats, that they had a company wide struggle session the next day whereby Tony Docapila, the anchor actually broke down in tears.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry, Tod hes codes.
Speaker 12: And then it came out in the aftermath of that that there's standards in practice division at CBS News. Actually, in a closely related point, they instructed all of the anchors and journalists of the network to not refer to Jerusalem as being in Israel. So this has all the signs of a network. And by the way, I forgot to mention the last part. They actually, as as we all now know they actually edited Kamala Harris's own Sixty Minutes interview. She gave this word salad of all word salads when it came to US's relations and primus rental.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 3: That was one of my two reasons, Josh that because that was just so deeply dishonest to deceptively edit her answer. And the answer they put wasn't even part of the original answer. It wasn't that they cut it short. They just switched things around to make her look strong and decisive instead of absolutely incoherent and weak, which was what her actual answer indicated. And the second reason and was Donald Trump sat down with sixty Minutes last time around, back in twenty twenty and they claimed that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation, that it wasn't real, and they've never apologized for that. And I think that is just another reason why Donald Trump should go tell them to jump.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Just moving on today is Columbus stay, but the Democrats call it something else.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, Let's have Kamala Harris explain.
Speaker 15: That we celebrate Indigenous People's Day as we speak truth about our nation's history. Since nineteen thirty four, every October, the United States has recognized the voyage of the European explorers who first landed on the shores of the Americas. But that is not the whole story. That has never been the whole story. Those explore your ushered in a wave of devastation for tribal nations, perpetrating violence, stealing land, and spreading disease. We must not shy away from this shameful past.
Speaker 2: Goodness, major's shameful past.
Speaker 3: European explorers ushering in a wave of devastation, violence, stealing land, disease, spreading disease. I mean, really, is this, uh how they see America?
Speaker 2: That's how they see Columbus Day? What do you make of all that?
Speaker 12: Rita, one of my oldest friends in the world, texted me that clip earlier today and he said, you have to watch this, And I actually watched it twice because I actually couldnt believe what I had just seen. I mean, this is right out of like a Babylon be headline. This is right out of just a total parody satires to get It's right out of Saturday Night Live. The fact that the person who was the vice president of United States, who is seeking a promotion to the leader of the Free World, but get there and to say the most clearly, clearly platitudinous lines that a left wing woaster could ever issue about how all of the Americas were conquered by white colonizers and settlers and this and that. Well, I mean, I have a very basic question, miss Harris, why are you running to be leader of the free world? If you think that the free World, at least the entire Western Hemisphere portion of it, was inherently founded and settled in sin, that this is all a mistake. I mean, should you know? You know her parents are immigrants. Her parents came here from Jamaica and India. If it's continent North America and the United States is so bad, why didn't they just stay in India and Jamaica. Why are you running for office in the first place?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 12: If this land was founded in such disgrace and ignominy, I mean.
Speaker 9: It's just thoroughly contemptible. It's so hypocritical. And you know what.
Speaker 12: Ultimately, my conclusion when I saw this video was Tamala Harris goes down in flames in three weeks time, which I do predict that she will. I think that clips like this are going to have a lot to do with it, because she cannot get out of her own left wing echo chamber, just like that stupid Call Your Daddy whatever podcast when we're talking about slut shaming and all these sexual acts. She can't get out of her own bubble. And that's what you see. They're on that clip right there as well.
Speaker 3: Now, I would be very interested to see if she says something similar to that now now that she's running for president, because she'd said that a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: I think it was twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: But surely she hasn't changed her values dramatically from twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: She was hardly young and naive.
Speaker 3: She was vice president, and that's what she thought of the country that.
Speaker 2: She lives in that her parents emigrated to.
Speaker 3: Now to a rather interesting development, Kamala Harris. Supporters of referred to this books she wrote back in two thousand and nine called Smart on Crime. This is when she was a serving as a district attorney. They say this is evidence that she's not soft on crime. She gets it. But it's been revealed that numerous sections from that book appear to have been plagiarized. Chris Ruffo, The Man who exposed the plagiarism scandal at Harvard president Claudine Gayazer since a stepped down, Well, he's published the allegations on x following an investigation by Austrian plagiarism hunter Stefan Weber. The cited passages, I've got to say, Josh, from the book, it's remarkable some of them closely resemble or perfectly match wording from other sources, including Wikipedia. Have a look at this example. She's copied the source almost exactly. There's the word additional has been added there. That's about it. How long before the lift is media covered this scandal, because this is a genuine story, and I think a lot of them are scared to even approach it. Some of them are covering it as far as the Republicans reacting to this story as opposed to the story itself.
Speaker 12: So, first of all, credit to my friend Chris Rufo, who I've known for years and he is one of by far the most effective conservative activists that we have here in America. He basically almost single handedly took down Clauding Gay when she was president of Harvard for her own plagiarism scandals, and he's trying to do it again here with Kamala Harris. So fantastic work by Chris. Look, if there is any justice in the world, this would be a gargantuan story because the evidence, as we just saw on the screen for all the viewers is absolutely overwhelming. And you know, some people say, oh, she was a public figure. She probably just had a ghostwriter.
Speaker 9: Guess what.
Speaker 12: I also ghost wrote a book for Senator Ted Cruz in twenty twenty. Ghost writer is overstanding it. We worked very closely on it. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter who is helping you on it. It matters who actually publishes it under their own line. The bucks stops with the person right there. And Kamala Harris is a plagiarizer. Kamala Harris, by the way, just like Joe Biden, who himself subsequently admitted to plagiarizing back when he was in law school, which he did, Kamala Harras has plagiarized large swaths here from no less a source than Wikipedia itself. Look, I remember when I was in high school and they would literally tell me in research class in high school, do not cite Wikipedia. It is non authoritative source. Wants to be leader of the free world, and she is going ahead and sloppily signing it, in many cases actually misquoting the statistics from Wikipedia.
Speaker 9: There. It is a gargantuan story.
Speaker 12: It cuts to the very core of the Republican case against Kamala Harris, namely that she is a dim witted moron who is not fit to be local dogcatcher, let alone to be commander in chief of the greatest military the world has ever seen. So I think it's a terrible story for her. Your question, of course, is the valid one. The media will do everything they can to sweep this under the rug. I'm not sure it's going to be the positive difference in this election, but it should make at least an impact. I think that Donald Trump is already winning this election, so certainly he's already in better shape because of this.
Speaker 2: Josh Hammer, always a pleasure, Thanks for your time.
Speaker 9: Thank you, reader.
Speaker 3: Coming up, a leading international security expert joins me with a warning about the biggest danger facing the West.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is author, academic and international security expert doctor Max Abrams. Max, your field of expertise includes terrorism, foreign policy.
Speaker 2: And in particular the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Right now, what do you see as the biggest threat to the West, and are we in a uniquely vulnerable period.
Speaker 1: This is a very interesting and interest time. We're basically waiting for Israel to carry out its absolutely necessary attack against Iran. Very recently, just a week or two go, carried out the largest ballistic missile attack ever, and so of course Israel is going to respond. Personally, I would like to see Israel try to take out or at least substantially degrade the Iranian nuclear facilities. My understanding, based on public reports, is that that's not going to happen. That the Biden White House is trying to rain Israel in in order to limit its attack. But consider the possibility of Iran having a nuclear weapon, and Iran is basically on the threshold of that happening. It is often said, but it is absolutely true that Iran is the number one state sponsor in the world. Iran sponsors the WHU thies Hamas Palestinian Islamic Jihad, has Bellah Iranian militia or militia based in Iraq, and Iran has terrorist operatives all over the world, in North America, in South America, in Europe. So I see that as a very dangerous situation. I think that a stronger response against rob and make the world safer. But what's going to happen is that the Israeli response is going to be somewhat rained in because of pressure from the Biden White House. Then Iran is going to respond, and depending on that the size of that response that will dictate what Israel does next. If the Iranian response is very large, if its mass casualty attacks against Israeli civilians, then it's possible the Israelis would ignore the Biden White House and go for the nuclear facility. So this is a multiple iteration game and it's going to play out over the next few weeks. But we're at a very critical time period right now with respect to whether the world is going to continue this Iranian threat.
Speaker 3: Now, we've also had revelations from US intelligence officials of a suspected Iranian plot to kill Donald Trump. Joe Biden has responded to this. He is told the Iranian regime that an assassination attempt against Donald Trump would be seen as an act of war.
Speaker 2: How seriously do you think.
Speaker 3: The Iranian regime takes Joe Biden's words and why is Iran so hell bent on preventing a second Trump term.
Speaker 1: There's a very clear of friends moving forward in terms of US policy toward Iran. Kamala Harris is basically seen as an appeaser. She's much more pro Iran, and so it's not that surprising really that Iran would take out Donald Trump. Trump was very hardline against Iran last time he was president. He slapped on those those maximum pressure economic sanctions against Iran towards the end of his administration. Towards the end of his term, he authorized taking out the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guardcore Soulamani, and so ever since then, Iran has been a legitimate threat of targeting not just Trump but also his administration. And so I think that this is a very interesting development that it's publicly disclosed that Iran, you know, is buying the possibility or at least wants to take out Donald Trump. But I also want American citizens to ask themselves the question why is it that Iran so much favors Kamala Harris. And I don't think that when you ask that question, it's indicative of a solid foreign policy, because Iran, of course is a US adversary. It's not just a US adversary, but it's an adversary throughout the region. And I think that if Trump were to win the presidency, he would push the Abraham Accords, which are essentially a means of containing Iran, and I think that Trump would have more success in that than he's often given credit. Or I would like to see thud Arabia join that coalition in order to contain the Runnian threat. By contrast, I do not see Kamala Harris as pushing the Abraham accurts at all, and I see kind of a similar policy as we saw under the Obama administration, which was a failure.
Speaker 3: Well, that was my next question. You mentioned Kamala Harris as an apesa. What would US foreign policy look like under a Harris Walls administration, not just in the Middle East, but in terms of China and other threats to the West.
Speaker 1: Or the Trump administration is about the rise of China. Kamala Harris was very recently asked about the main US adversaries around the world, and she didn't even mention China. There's a Elbridge Corby is widely believed to be potentially a Defense secretary choice of Trump, And if you listen to him, he is very much focused on the rise of China, defending Taiwan, making sure that China doesn't aggrandize the Pacific, as well as strengthening India in order to act as a hedge against Chinese expansion in the Indo Pacific. So that's another area where I think that Trump is stronger than Kamala Harris. I think that Kamala, because of the demographics and her constituency at home, would invest a lot of energy in trying to work with Hamas and trying to rekindle a peace process that isn't going to work there. So Americans do have a real foreign policy choice. I think that there would also be differences with respect to the war in Ukraine. I think that the Biden administration and Kamala Harris want to continue to perpetuate that war, whereas I think that Donald Trump is much more interested in ending it, even if it requires Ukraine making some concessions to Russia. So there are a lot of different, you know, balls in the air, and some very clear differences between the two main candidates.
Speaker 3: Now, just finally, as a university professor, you would have a great interest and insight into the leftist activism that we see on university campuses across the West, not just in the US. There is this anti Israeli protests, encampments, just hostility towards what they call Zionists. What does that mean for America and the West. It is the biggest threat to us from within.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, and I think that the answer is yes. Remember throughout the Donald Trump presidency, the left was always talking about how he's this right wing extremist and how he, you know, is an anti Semite and has dinner with an anti Semite, Nick Fuentes. And then what happened right after Donald Trump during the Biden administration. We've seen an unprecedented spike in anti Semitism under this current president, and to a large extent, this manifests itself in American cities, but most vividly on American campuses. And make no mistake, it's not just you know, anti Israel position. It's much worse than that. It is very much directed against the Jewish students. And so they're targeting the hill Els, you know, which is where the Jewish students go and have Shabbat and celebrate you know, their religious Jewish holidays. This is all part of the dominance of the far left agenda in higher education. Higher ed is not just anti jew, it's anti Hindu, it's anti way. You need to be part of a very limited preferred group in order to gain privilege. And if you don't have privilege the university, you know, the administration, the faculty as well as the students, they're going to punish you for it. And I would certainly hope and expect that under a Trump administration we wouldn't see that kind of left wing extremism which has been such a big feature of the Biden administration.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, let's hope that is climed down on because I've just been surprised by the permissive attitude so many university administrators have had to this anti semitism. There's this ugliness that they've allowed to infect their campuses. It's been a worrying trender. Dr Max Abrams, thank you so much for your time this evening, and that's it from May. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Up next is Newsnight.