Speaker 1: Three of us are back together in the Phantom's leave with a shake of a head, it might just be two and a half of us back in the layers and stories to tell from down in Tazzy Five Names does this is the Phantom speaking. Welcome to the post round fourteen episode of the podcast. Of Course, I'm talking about five Names. Simon Kingsley Thomas Wilson back from his week off down in the homeland of Tasmania, getting up to who knows what. We called him last Monday on the show, we said you'd better be subscribing to Code Sports YouTube channel to watch him this week. He did declare, We'll be in the office physically, maybe not mentally or spiritually, but are you with us?
Speaker 2: I'm here like, yeah, on a bit of a shell of a person. But you know, good weekend in the homeland. Yeah, it's good, good times. You know, Derek Ray, what'd you get up to again, don't I don't know if I can really say on video. Maybe I'll start a Patreon then we can you know, some subscriber content kind of thing and we'll go from there.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can tell you know, when you buy the winner of beer of the lead.
Speaker 2: Regal store, Regal store.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard them all yet, so I'd like to hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, yeah, we'll say shout out to Joe or whatever who did it? Who did say he was at the Winter Feast on a Saturday and I buy my beer. I didn't know that I was. Actually where was I over time? That's a good question. I was getting ready to go on a boat party. So yeah, the face, So sorry, poges hope, I hope you enjoyed it. Joe it was. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I'm glad you're back because otherwise have to sit here with the Chief, a very very grumpy chief la morning on a Monday morning. Shoot his top of the pod. Yeah, he's coming all guns blazing. His computer won't work, he's redesigned the set. Thirty minutes after start time of the podcast is Yeah, what's what's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You got a plant over near the fance then going off a lot.
Speaker 1: We told you not to put it there either.
Speaker 3: Look oh yeah, look made a few adjustments, but there's nothing to be grumpy about when you are top of the pod this week, as I called it early tweeted out on the was it Thursday? Yeap you did said it was game over and uh, you know I was going to enjoy this Monday, which I am because top of the pod best super coacha on this podcast.
Speaker 1: I would say, yep, bag had twenty eight green dots, but only eighteen count Well done.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Tell us his score?
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty one sixty seven for Aussie over here, So the chief back to his rightful spot on the top of the pod. Yeah, ranking rose up as well, a nice little nearly two thousand spot bump there, So up to four and fifty in the overall ranks. I knew that, I knew that I was going to start struggling in the first couple of eyes there, but I'm you know, these next couple here is where the DOSSI is going to flourish.
Speaker 4: So huge.
Speaker 1: We've gone past five names and overall stakes no doubt.
Speaker 4: Four thousand. Yeah, yeah, easy, easy, light work, light work. We get to middle of the pot, middle of the pod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pod twin twenty seventy one for me, up fifty three spots, not a lot, pretty much held ground fourteen sixty three overall, but are better than my first two by weeks.
Speaker 4: And it's yes, I'm the king of pop.
Speaker 2: The pot was tending to join names generally tender. Just work from home today.
Speaker 1: Going from the highs of Top of the Pod last week, Yeah, coming down to the very I get.
Speaker 2: To really enjoy Top of the Pot. Just come, you know, chilling out to do my own things. Yeah. Twenty twenty, good year for everyone with it. Yep. Yeah, and yeah it dropped five hundred and sixteen spots.
Speaker 1: Chief was still bagging the layer in twenty twenty. It probably was bagging me in the layer. Yeah, that's gone through some positive change of the pod.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Time for some heroes and villains, and I want to start it. I couldn't go past my man, the new rookie goat that we're going to be talking about for many weeks to come. Tom McCarthy, oh my goodness, as a weege was nuffy over here. Was a pleasure to watch him play one hundred and thirty three. I went early, I jumped on the train, missed out on Zach Johnson was very upset about that, but I just couldn't do it with my trades. This week brought him in ninety nine k defend one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: Three fans yep.
Speaker 3: On Daboot thirty one disposed was at ninety four point effective.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my goodness, yeah, wit man go.
Speaker 2: Well this week, isn't he well?
Speaker 1: I was on the bi so but five names Yeah, cueue up the pan music because we going early on the Pan this week because of that five Names. Now, I like the input from the loyal there listeners about the Pan segment if you do have some suggestions or someone that does to be sizzled up and cooked in there for something they did or didn't do in Supercoach, our man the chief. Now five Names dominates Super Coach official social channels. So again, if anyone out there sees anything that he said, of course he's probably posted himself.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: Now this was brought to my attention yesterday afternoon as well. Quote quote tweeted, quoted on Instagram, put it on the story, did everything and every channel that we've got pulled out the June third graphic that he made. I think you can safely bring him in early with a picture of himself on it safely. So not only did he do that on the week that McCarthy wasn't picked, three weeks later, he's gone and done it with a crystal ball emoji as well, and pretending no shame as well. That is the super Coach visual channel, pulling out your great work.
Speaker 4: When you do it yourself, do it again.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable and there's been noticed as well.
Speaker 3: Look, making my own quote cards is a personal hobby of mine, especially with the great takes I have.
Speaker 4: On this show.
Speaker 3: It's it's not hard to find good ones. So I said, safely, bring him in early.
Speaker 4: What did I do? Brought him in early nine to one k, but he didn't play that thirty three?
Speaker 1: You play that week that car.
Speaker 3: I just said early, bring him in early, So look safely one hundred and thirty three under boo my hero for the week fans, you got a hero that rebel.
Speaker 1: I don't say that anymore. My hero now interesting one that was their Clarks was the closes. My hero Okay, now Harry, She's again massive on the weekend one hundred and fifteen super Coach points like it was last year. It doesn't matter where he plays. The kids are gun back him in. Too many people panicked. But we heard during the week four names pointed out again we don't know what he was doing at the time, said does the video of North Melbourne going through their player's nicknames that the public wouldn't know about. What did Clark?
Speaker 4: I give Harry cheesel let's have a listen. Yeah, he calls me phantom.
Speaker 1: I don't actually know why it happened in America when we travel there at the end of my first year.
Speaker 4: It's be good to know why he does call me that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm not sure his mum and dad. We really want to know what we called him, let alone everyone out there. But I think we just keep that wonder to the fantom of yourself rather than through really and it says the white.
Speaker 1: Of public, unbelievable that sound wow. Yeah, that's a bit of a five name store. I reckon you get Clark over the at the end of the season you'll probably tell you, but.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe get what what do we call you?
Speaker 4: The fan?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Is there another name that we can't actually.
Speaker 1: Geez, I won't tell my mum and dad that may have to get the she's on fandom and the phantom well believable?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my hero? Why don't trade him out this week for that? Cool?
Speaker 2: You would? I suppose I'm a hero Matt Times? Oh yeah, wow, good trade. He's just really good, isn't he he is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I avoided bringing him in because of the buyer that he's got, but he's just going to be out of ranch, out of reach for me now, given he's just gone ceiling after ceiling.
Speaker 4: So nice pick. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, just on that game quickly, as well as Zach Johnson unbelievable eighty four points again as they must have cash core of the week that everyone brought in. Yep, big miss there from your chief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, yeah, Unfortunately it's all I got. Sam Dockerty a bit of a unique pick for me, so brought him in. I've probably got a few options, but you guys can pick the other ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Scored the sixty nine this week, so back to back tons. I had him for his previous tons, so happy with that. But sixty nine against West Coast though the ball wasn't back there too much.
Speaker 4: I'm not pading that much.
Speaker 3: I think against West Coast, you know, it's not going to be in the back line too much for him to mop up. So hopefully that picks up. But yeah, dop my villain fans yep.
Speaker 1: Got another comment on Friday night as well about another Pan suggestion but you know you were right in the middle of the pan. There's no room for anyone else. This week sam Mitchell villain of the Week for his treatment of another one of your pencil indulged, self indulgent super coach Social Channel Graphics Henry Husswaite pencil dominating the VFL finely gets to go, not sub barely gets, you know, not a lot of game time. Then he was subbed out, finished on four, played less than a half, even with goo Sam. I know it was bad conditions. I know maybe didn't sort of suit his game. We know he still got a slight frame in there. It was a very tough FA was a slog. It was an excruciating watch by name just way doesn't go to that side of tasm at all. Better learned to watch football. Sam Mitchell villain free his treatment of a Yeah mathe Nick's not far behind as well. Something off Luke Petalin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that should be mine. Yeah, after after I said no, don't bring you, don't bring him in, and then I and then I that.
Speaker 1: Was your lowest moment of the year. I think probably why you just gave in.
Speaker 2: And I was walking, I was going out to dinner, on the Friday night and I was like, oh yeah, you know, yeah, well I'm trying to walk in and I was like, yeah, see how we go, you know, we'll have it. And then then I caved and I was really annoyed, just annoyed myself. Where's the trade?
Speaker 3: Maybe surprising nobody villain this week. I'll just add a second bond sixty six because for me, but fans and I have him sixty six points, so anyone that doesn't have him would be he'd be their hero, because isn't it win Marcus wine here? Yeah, five eighty seven K he's down to now, so everyone's jumped on in the last three weeks one hundred and seven hundred and one, which that's okay, but it's not level okay. And then a sixty six on the weekend, as you said, heavily tagged by Marcus Windhager, dropping forty two K just on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we spoke to Selby and he said, don't bring you in?
Speaker 4: Wait, what do you two do tigs? This week? All right, onto the next round, fans.
Speaker 3: We've still got another two weeks left of the buyers, so you know, still plenty of strategy to go here, but our teams are gradually getting closer towards completion. I don't know about you guys, but this week it's looking pretty close for me. Yeah, right near there. But trades are running thin, which is another issue. But still got the best day team for two more weeks and the teams on the bye this week. It's a bit of a tougher week, I suppose, but the next week is harder, even harder. So this week we've got Adelaide, Hawthorne, Melbourne and West Coast, so the likes of your Jordan Dawson's Isaac Rankins even a big Maxi Gorn for those with him.
Speaker 4: Clarie Petrarca probably.
Speaker 3: Hot more highly owned as well, So few bullets to navigate this week. But we've got coming off fresh off the buye We've got the Swans, Pies, Gold Coast and Richmond, so a few obviously relevant names coming back into our sides as well fans.
Speaker 4: But lots to talk.
Speaker 3: About heading into round fifteen, the second last week of the buyers. I'm keen to get out of these buyers, but we've got a lot of strategy left to go.
Speaker 2: Yep, easy week, easy, easy, easy, yep.
Speaker 1: Easy week, absolutely easy. We could have had this podcast in five minutes out the door.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: It's that easy, fans? All right, then let's get straight in. We've done a few segments right off the top here today the pan early as well, changing it up.
Speaker 4: We've got to get We.
Speaker 2: Moved the pop plan around it is.
Speaker 1: It is important. A couple of weeks in Supercoach difficult buys. This is the team you need. Hopefully the team is coming together now, but still big calls need to be made. Whether you know, five weeks ago we wouldn't have thought a complete team probably include dudes, Calor meals, Carob mckirche, a couple of other guys we're going to talk about later as well. But maybe it does in this climate, so we'll talk about that as we go.
Speaker 4: But yes, to walk in the park. All right, let's get your top.
Speaker 1: Targets now again now then stopped out the park again. Last week Idea listening.
Speaker 4: Last week was the two Zaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was an easy week, all right?
Speaker 4: Easy week? This week who's number.
Speaker 1: One undercooning too? Last week Ziwang and Miller.
Speaker 4: Yep, good week, well done.
Speaker 1: Next this week absolute lay down the top three. I'll just do it and then that's it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm walking down the bars.
Speaker 1: Number one target this week ahead of round fifteen. Too many cameras in he achieve, get the plants, work out the cameras, calor meals is the number one target this week. Three and fifty seven back off. The buy was good pre by passed the eye test, backed up with the Supercoach score as well. Too cheap to pass up. I think defender only either to finish a defense, and I think he is definitely a legitimate F six or a flex spot to finish off seats as well D six.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: You put him in F six if you want, But I think, given what he's done in the past, given west side at given the role he's played, coming back into that side, number one target this week and easy of almost the most underpriced premium of the year, potentially number two now the absolutely they have to do it this week. Don't have Sam Darci from the Dogs now. The Dogs players have labeled him the cheat code, and if you watch Thursday night his return, he is a cheat code. No one, it's been said a lot. No one can get near him when he puts his hands up to mark the ball. No defender can get near him. The Dogs have the Tigers this week. Yes he's got to hire keep one hundred and forty seven. Could have that at three quarter time against the Tigers. Even Alex Rant if you're still playing for the Tigers, probably get to Sam Darcy and he reaches the ball at the highest point. So get him in great way to finish off your fullane under five hundred k a player who could given the Bulldogs run to finish the year. We'd over a one hundred and ten plus you did a few big spy scores even there are a couple of small scores in between number three to finish off the absolute locks of the round. He's not playing, but obviously he needs some money to fund these upgrades or fund the sort of slight sideways to get your meals and Darcy. Tom McCarthy your man chief quite card this one up as well. I reckon after but Tom McCarthy number three ninety nine k get in this week. Take the cash. There's no cheaper player in super Coach to make more money. If you're trading down, get him in, get him ready. The next question becomes, can you finish him in your team. D six lex is he in on field part of your finished team? A question for later on. But number three he's the man. Number four quickly Jack Martin from the Cats as well, No by him one hundred and fifty k playing off half back, a pretty good score on the weekend. Not doesn't fit in in that absolute lot category, but an option there if you need someone who we know can score if his body stays right in the right role on the field there in the forward line. Now number five is I like Caleb s Aarron as a cheap premiums had the buy finding form lower break even one hundred and forty points. Finally did something on the weekend outs did Andy braserw again. But I'm going to double down on our man Colby mckirch at number five. Wow the Spider sixty six points score. But if you didn't jump on, you actually saw another week of that role continue in defense twenty four kicks. The rain over in per didn't help, didn't help the outlet kick. If he has twenty four kicks this week at the MCG against Colden one hundred and fifty okay, otherwise, well I won't I won't be on the show next week if he has twenty four kicks and doesn't score one hundred and fifty, Wow, one hundred and forty, they're same. But again, twenty four kicks. If you told us last week that cold murcurtche was going to have twenty four kicks take kick ins and the rus were going to just lose over there, he would have banked A one thirty. So the roles there, if you need an option four and O seven k's still good buying break even still down I think in the thirties or forty, so doubling down a Cole mcurch number five.
Speaker 2: Can you quote that card up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll quote that one up on the show. Yeah, twenty four kick one hundred and fifty and I'm looking for sixties in my final squad. Yep.
Speaker 3: That's the top five, top five, Okay, I only need top three this week. Yeah, jeez, all right, I guess let's expand a bit on those and get out takes sim.
Speaker 4: Because we that's it three, that's what we need. The opinions matter on here. Sim.
Speaker 3: You're on those top three because obviously let's talk Calum Mills first.
Speaker 2: I brought him in last week last week. Yeah, just to make cash. By make cash, I was fine, Yeah, probably yeah, light.
Speaker 4: Years ahead his head strategies.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I brought him in, so yeah, that's fun there.
Speaker 3: I would have preferred him to be playing midfield, like, if I'm being honest, for him to be that you know, as you say, D six D five D six kind of guy to finish in our teams though, and he's seemingly playing much more defense or pretty much purely in defense. Is that a concern for his potential ceiling when you've got because Matt Roberts didn't play against Richmond, that's when he turned up the first game.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: They would be five cbas in that first game.
Speaker 2: They'll be back into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you might see him feature there at times, but I think if it is a bit of a split role, as long as he's not playing that lockdown role in defense, which we know we can do as well. Yeah, I think he's too valuable, especially given the way they're going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Sam Darcy as well, five names your thoughts. They're high break even this week, as fans says, up against.
Speaker 2: Richmond, Yeah, I mean interested like he could. You're always a little bit worried about key forwards, especially in the second half of the year. But he's a free yep.
Speaker 3: And then I mean McCarthy, we don't need to speak about he's gone. I mean getting him on the buy never ideal, but you know the job.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: The job security is there. And next week is a tough buy too for many coaches. Next week is the strategy to avoid. I mean next week you've got Brisbane, Essendon, Geelong and the Giants on the buy. That is going to be a tough tough buy for people.
Speaker 4: You don't forget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't bring any premiums. I love that.
Speaker 1: By the Trump Also the Dogs, Damn Darcy and Marvel stayed him under the roof again this week. Then every other game at Marvel except for trip to Sydney tipped to Brisbane in one game of the MCG So should all be in pretty good conditions. Doesn't have to get out to tass or anything like that. So forty seven, he's in trouble by three quarter time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so your top target's interesting omission here, but it's probably because maybe he's been in the top targets. You're presuming people either have him looking at some uber premiums here if you're in the market for an uber premium and as we said, not who doesn't have their buy next week, So excluding all the players that have their buy next week from Brisbane, Essendon, Geelong and the Giants.
Speaker 4: The Bond we mentioned him before.
Speaker 3: Five eighty seven k up against Richmond, still a high break even. But if you don't have him under six hundred k is great buying for Bond.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: I just think that breaking is that next level higher and I think given his price, can wait a little bit, SAMBARSI is still cheap. Bob A seven's not cheap for Bond at the moment.
Speaker 4: As a not owner. For you you're waiting.
Speaker 2: I'll probably I reckon. I'm maybe try and go Darcy this week in bottom next week?
Speaker 1: What about staying on the dogs. Given Richmond break him an eighty one, bailey Dale beature in the top targets bile So the last couple of weeks big again against the Saints. Speaking of big three quarter time or halftime scores could get ugly. You don't own bailey Dale against the Tigers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was huge from Bailey. I'm very very very happy owner. I think, as you said mentioning that marvel run that they have, he could very well be the top six now from here, as you sort of outline in your targets previous week, I think that is a great shout.
Speaker 4: I don't know what is his price that now, he must be.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight goodbyeing Still no reason you can't he could be the number one.
Speaker 4: They can overlock you at Field for price at the moment he could.
Speaker 1: There's no reason you can't match Whitfield and Max Holmes, let's say, from here, exting Claire.
Speaker 3: Those have a huge ceiling. How about the other players that you know? Still people look fairly highly owned. These guys have been brought in the past few weeks, but all good buying and all off their buyer. Zach Butters we saw probably enough, still a pretty hard tag at times, but still managed to pop a ton or port on the weekend. Nick Deakos as well off his buyer. He's still really cheap for what he can produce. And then Harry Cheesel the Phantom, as you mentioned fans, he's still good buying as well. A couple of weeks playing in that back in that midfield role, looking pretty good if you are a non owner.
Speaker 4: Yep, very good.
Speaker 1: Five twelve good buying for the fan. Nick Dacos five thirty five k's down one hundred k on his price tag Thank Kilda this week for the pies equip Do does Ross continue with Marcus win Hager hasn't had a lot of tagging this year obviously tagged good success on the weekend and then ed Lange had some success on Day Cross the week before as well. So does Ross go again?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Just quickly though, we mentioned a port player before, a big talking point on the weekend. Now do you have an update for us five names? There's a player that people are looking at. Ye had ninety four points in the first half of talking about a certain player that used to hang on this wall.
Speaker 2: Man feel fan to destroy the photo? Yeahs Chanty, he's having scan?
Speaker 4: Is this.
Speaker 2: Very dated?
Speaker 3: Soon?
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a scan this afternoon, so only a couple of.
Speaker 3: Hours we're recording. Yeah, one o'clock. Yeah, adelaide time.
Speaker 2: Obvious. The initial thing it's testing well structurally, so that's the main thing, Like all the shoulders seems to be good structurally, So it might be like you know, they say senior or whatever one of those. So I think at the moment he's still definitely in the mist to play.
Speaker 4: Okay, I need him, I need him.
Speaker 1: I'm the holder held lose face in the horny one.
Speaker 4: He's still back in the horny one over here on the left.
Speaker 1: But goodbye, though I said, four ninety one case break even, still high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could probably wait. Wonder week I weaken reckoning the hell.
Speaker 1: I got another home game as well after that, three home games in a row.
Speaker 2: Their run is actually like white nice.
Speaker 3: If you're if you're looking to fill out your final forward spot then and you've only got you know, limited trades as we do. You've mentioned a higher target with a solid high break even as well this week in Sam Darcy. What about Darcy versus horn Francis for the run home? Which way you then? Obviously we're presuming, as we said recording on a Monday, let's assume horn France's shoulders totally fine, good to go this week.
Speaker 1: It's a big one.
Speaker 2: I'd just say horn Francis because just a little thing about key forwards.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm getting both. Yeah, I've got horn Francis getting Darcy. I think you could try to do that even if they play one at flex, I'd do it. Yeah, Horn Frances my fleets at the moment, but I think if you're making if you're making that trade this week, I'd just take the Darcy and do it. That means not getting Horn Francis next week, I think that's fine. Obviously, get an extra Richmond this week.
Speaker 2: I think the other thing, Darcy's ceiling is probably going to be massive. Horn Frances will probably but I feel like his floor, Horn Frances floor is going to be better.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, And I think those ceiling scores chief well. I mean obviously a slight injury concern would have probably sway me towards the player that doesn't have those issues at the moment. And also to your point, they've got Richmond Western Buldocks sorry for Sam, Darcy, have Richmond this week, They've got North in a couple of weeks. They've got West Coast in the second to last round of the season as well. I mean, obviously there's plenty of games in between there. There's an essenon throne in there, so I think there's opportunities too. As to the five names point, there's some big ceiling potential there. But yeah, bringing the tough. I've got again, I've got both. If we're putting those two together, that is actually a really tough question. Horn France is fully healthy. I'll probably go Horn Francis to be honest, but I did have Sam Darcy as a top six forward in our pre season rankings. If they do, they might have to put might have to put a card together for that one. All right, I just want to quickly, look, we've done this every week. I'll just go through this quickly talking about some players fresh off the buy that could be options. So we haven't looked as much at these guys in previous weeks because they had their buy to come. Players fresh off the buy that you could target as well, that are now coming into consideration.
Speaker 4: We've mentioned the top targets.
Speaker 3: You say it's an easy week fans, but if you do want to go a little bit different and bringing these players, here's a few options.
Speaker 4: Sydney, a little pupil here.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go tell you anything.
Speaker 1: This is why you've done this segment.
Speaker 3: Can I steal this? Go ahead? Unique names with the chief Brody Grundy. Now, I know the price tag is absorbitant. He's over six hundred k. So if you can rob a bank to get this guy in. He's got the best I would say ruck run to come for the run home. So if you need some money and this is this is like out there trades, if you've still got heaps of trades, which basically nobody does. Say you want to go against a gorn on the way home, he's on his bike. Say if you want to make it, if you've got no cash, this is the week. If you've got no cash, he's close to seven hundred k steel you can bank nearly, or he might be still over seven hundred six seven six seventy eight.
Speaker 4: That's not that much making.
Speaker 2: He's tapp himself out of it.
Speaker 3: Brody Grundy, you know the segment back hear me out, He's Rody Grundy's pre buy round form was vintage grund Vintage grund Now he's got the best rock run home. I could see him going being the perfect flex play. Like if if you missed a Daconing, you could still go to Cooning, but the run from here Grundies is better than Tom Deaconing. So if you're tossing up between those guys, if you're even eyeing off of Luke Jackson, who's a similar price. Like if you just randomly have the money, I'm just saying, Brodie Grundy could be an awesome point of difference and an amazing flex position if you've just randomly got the coin.
Speaker 1: It's got the second fifth, second highest five round average in the game. Yeah, one hundred and thirty six point two. Only Tristan Sherry sits above him one point nine percent of teams.
Speaker 3: I know it's probably, as I said, the amount of cash we have this year is probably not even worth mentioning. But at six' eleven k as I said, he's got Port this week to start it off. Now if they go with Sweet and Vycentini again obviously limited Gorn for a little bit there until he popped the one twenty big last quarter, but he's got Port Western Bulldogs. He's got Essenon on the run home and West Coast in the last round as well, and then like a Roland Marshall who's a fairly easy matchup. So it's a lot of really nice.
Speaker 4: A nice match.
Speaker 2: Just put my poor boy Rowan, don't mind it.
Speaker 4: I'll move on. I'll move on. Brodie Grundy is this week's Unique Names of the chief can't.
Speaker 2: Wait for the card to come off on that one as well.
Speaker 1: It won't be this week. You know, he'll scored fifty and then he was going to fifty five.
Speaker 2: He'll do it and it won't actually have Brodie Grundy. I just have a big fight of the chief.
Speaker 3: Now we mentioned Callum Mills. If you're a non owner and you are we even targeting a Chad Warner, Isaac Keeney these guys at this point, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so. Maybe Warner what a good price?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think given you've got the option there, Darcy on Francis, you've got the options there. I think you want to see a bit more from Warner first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, justin mcinnernie low Key has been putting up some pretty big numbers.
Speaker 2: We're still there.
Speaker 4: Let him go all right for the pies.
Speaker 3: So, as I mentioned, potential top liners is how I've been going through it. So I consider Grundy a potential top liner. If we're including three rucks for lack, you know, if we include the flex position there, I could see Grundy being more points than going the last weeks. I could see that happening. As I said, a pupil. Now, potential top line is from the Pies who were returning from the buy. I've just got Nick Dakos. I didn't have anyone else there.
Speaker 2: Ros is how expensive you see at the moment, I think he's an.
Speaker 3: Option him Houston also coming into some form before the buy there he could be considered. And Darcy Cameron again another ruck if you're up reflex. He's a much cheaper option than Bradie Grundy and probably similar part to like a t DK. His form has been pretty good as well. But yeah, I think Nick Dakos is the only guy from the.
Speaker 4: Pies for me.
Speaker 1: Five on average is ninety eight for Nick Dakos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheap, though it means it's cheap very surely comes home stronger than he's been so far.
Speaker 1: Would you wait it? Would you wait?
Speaker 4: So we don't know.
Speaker 3: Do gold Coast by top liners? I literally have no one your man?
Speaker 1: What about your man?
Speaker 3: I've got two potential guys in the midfield again pods, so.
Speaker 4: That might be less than a plot. I don't know. His ownership might be up there now because he got so.
Speaker 3: Cheap, but Matt Row and Norah Anderson the other two guys obviously nor Anderson is going to drop a little bit in price, given he got injured right before his by on a seventy five. I think so, you know, maybe in a couple of weeks, but I don't know. Gold Coast game plans just sort of doesn't entice me into picking them.
Speaker 4: And I'm scared as a.
Speaker 3: Matt Row owner, I'm not like reeled about having him for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: What about boy, you're man, we get the Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's every week with It's every week with him. Every week we hit at a Sam Flanner's message. It's just like.
Speaker 4: My same flanners.
Speaker 3: Now have you seen the journals have picked up, so they've been listening to the lair. They've been hearing say Flanders, it's Victoria.
Speaker 2: You never said this on the lair.
Speaker 4: I've said it in the office.
Speaker 1: You've said about six weeks in a row that he's coming. He'll be rocking in the run getting a roll. So anyway, it's like five names, and I have never disputed that he can play. It was just that he wasn't playing or playing well in a role. Yeah, that would mean he's a super coach option this year. It's amazing when body Land is a better option than him Body, Iland is a good player like you're playing.
Speaker 4: You know, I did know.
Speaker 1: It was decided that baffled that he came second in the Best in feris last year, Ben f We looked it up and you said number two's body who's voting over there? Don't don't club rock but anyway, sorry, but Richmond, I don't have any top liners and no one, no one worth targeting. Unpressed pressed yet, Oh no, he can't do it.
Speaker 4: He's one of the most traded in players.
Speaker 1: Would you go there?
Speaker 2: Three raak god, No, he will get injured. He'll get injured at some point, twenty.
Speaker 4: One most traded in players.
Speaker 3: So we're still going to talk about a couple of rookies coming up on the bubble your favorite segment. Yeah, Presstia is at the moment the eighth most traded in player to more than two thousand coaches.
Speaker 4: Bring him in.
Speaker 3: It's early in the week, obviously, but yeah, pressed here, Yeah again, I couldn't go there. He's been unbelievable his first couple of games here.
Speaker 4: But twenty one the dogs this week at Marvel Adelaide, Geelong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honestly, if you've got one person that's your only damaging player at the moment, which like, if he is doing what he did the previous week's going on that then he would just get shut down. I think he had nearly one hundred in that first half against Sydney and then they put attention to him, so.
Speaker 4: I could personally go there, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, I think, so good price, but we've got some other cheap options. I think if there wasn't the names we spoke about before meals and Darcy and the like around, maybe he comes more into it.
Speaker 3: Then yep, well that's the guy's fresh off the by. How about we talk about some guys bubble now, I've got these tiered differently this week because I just have I know he's not on the bubble at all, but I've just got McCarthy in his own tier because this guy, as you said in top Targets, he could be I'm looking at him as a potential D six.
Speaker 1: I know it's getting.
Speaker 4: Excited off one.
Speaker 2: Get the enough alert going.
Speaker 3: How many kickens ten kickins played on? From how many ten? Okay, so that's a score base. You're starting right there pretty nicely.
Speaker 1: And at twenty nine effective disposal, So it wasn't all kickings either.
Speaker 3: We know nine intercepts, nine contested possessions and if you just watched the game, he looked like, oh, I've played AFL for ten years. Like as I said to you just before Fair, Tom Stewart areas coming.
Speaker 1: We did say it. Now that's a good quote. Yeah, Tom Stewart two point.
Speaker 4: Zero, like twenty four years old company.
Speaker 3: You can see why. You can see why he's playing at the level. He's a guy that you know, he averaged I think one hundred in the REFL. But you can see a guy coming in to a structured AFL system and that's West Coast we're talking, not a great structure.
Speaker 4: But he's a guy that.
Speaker 2: Canut whatt a mini say yesterday when he was onto the three and he absolutely like went at them a half like Twater time.
Speaker 3: Yeah pathetic, epathetic, ye he said, was pathetic in the contest. But yes, anyway to McCarthy, I know, as I said, not on the bubble, but he's a rookie target now on the bubble, Harry Rouston, I have, yeah, one hundred and thirteen K. He's played two games now on the bubble, had a massive first half.
Speaker 4: I checked the scores. I was like, how's this on?
Speaker 3: I think he was on high sixties at halftime he was leading GWS for scoring, so he had one of the highest centerbounts attendances for the round for GWS. Could he be a little stop gap here if you've just got you know, for me, for instance, I missed Zach Johnson. Could I just take a punt on routes? And now he's got the buy round sixteen. So if you need numbers in round sixteen, you don't want to go near this guy. But for me, I'm pretty set for around sixteen. I'm looking okay, I just said, flying up the rankings five names?
Speaker 2: How are you looking for a round?
Speaker 1: Since Tag Locke, he spent a lot of time unlucky Neil that weekend did a good job. Well, I mean it's okay, okay, that would know that was he was around the ball a lot because of that.
Speaker 3: Do you think that role is going to stick? We'd have to probably find find out from some GUBS fans there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was a bit worried about GWS's midfield, Like pill tell me interest it is just normally prestat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know who's to come still back in there, but I mean Brent Daniels was injured again on the weekend, so he would have been probably a guy that would have played a little bit more through the midfield. Toby Green obviously to come back in he was playing a little bit through the midfield, and Callahan was in. Yeah, so it almost looks like they're looking for another option in there. So anyway, if you need a rookie and he's named again this week, especially if his name say on the ball, I'd be happy going with him. He's been in the system for a few years now, so yeah, I quite like rousing big numbers in the NFL as well. Jack Martin, you mentioned him in your top targets, so playing in the back line this year for Geelong one hundred and fifty k is the only issue here with Jack and also injury history five names.
Speaker 4: Could you consider him?
Speaker 3: Seventy nine on the weekend was pretty average the first week he played easy matchups. Obviously on the weekend as well, but one fitty would you be willing paying up knowing that you know the Cats seemingly have him in their plan to run into finals, they probab we want to get him right before then, So again, another guy on the round sixteen by if you're heavy, you probably can't go there as well.
Speaker 2: I think maybe a bit too risky just for the price as well. Okay, madam knows more than I generally had not even prayed attention to Jack Martin, so he knows a bit more than me.
Speaker 1: I think it's the role it As you mentioned, they're fifteen touches ten marks fifteen touches at ninety three percent as well.
Speaker 3: Now Son both break even negative twenty three there by the way, and Rouse.
Speaker 4: And negative twelve.
Speaker 1: Friend of the Show, Dan Batton Dann at Geelong knows everything Geelong is. I've seen his plan to trade this week and his team almost complete does feature Jack Martin at F six for the time being to trading him in this week. If Dan likes the role, what is he's the Cats then well, at least now if it doesn't work out, we can blame Dan. Yeah, it's a good full back.
Speaker 3: Now a couple more here, Nicholas Madden hundred Norman, Yeah, man, I did.
Speaker 4: A quote cup for that one.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: To see that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nick Madden so played two games now like scored pretty well considering eighty one and seventy eight. Obviously he's playing number one ruck for GWS, but post by you'd imagine Kieran Briggs in the frame time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's around where he's going to come back.
Speaker 4: So and also just the ruck position.
Speaker 3: So I don't know about you guys, like where do you put him if if your flex is free, maybe you take a punt and hope that he retains the role over Kieran Briggs.
Speaker 4: I would personally imagine it's a.
Speaker 3: Good three three week stretch for him, but they're probably still going to go with the tried and true Briggs for the run home, so I probably avoid must be so bad that here I know that's that's the only thing. Yeah, especially getting the win over Brisbane on the weekend with him in the lineup, so every chance he could possibly stay in and then you look after his buye as well. He's got West Coast and Geelong in the two after then Essendon, so gw wes the run for rucks if Madden gets a crack at it for the next few weeks, Like if you have a free spot in your flex, I would not I wouldn't mind it, so then you just run it for four weeks and then turn him into your final flex. I think you've just got to be ready that, like say, if you still have a Harry Boyd as well, you've almost just got a if he's not if Madden doesn't get this run after the buyer or even this week, like I think Briggs has still got another week before he's ready, so he should at least play this week and make you some cash. You've just got to be ready if you're going to want to hold him to like trade out of Boyd for absolutely nothing and just stick him at R three if he's not playing, So you've got to be willing to have an extra trade to burn, which a lot of us don't have. So it's a risky trade. But being the number one ruck at one hundred and nineteen K, he's got a very high floor and huge cash potential to make and a very nice ruck run as I said, so very good potential there and one more final guy, so there's not heaps of options this week. Sam Butler is on the buy as well, but you like what you've seen from him on twenty six k, so after his buy or you know, if you're just looking for a heartbeat, you want you need some players next week even, is Butler an option?
Speaker 1: I think I said, definitely, wait to see what that Hawthorne side looks like coming out after the buy, see what Sam michel Does's definitely done enough. Sam Butler scored okay.
Speaker 3: Negative fifty one break even had part in on the weekend as a junior as well before he.
Speaker 1: Came into the system, so one to keep an eye.
Speaker 3: Sure, fifty five and seventy in pretty low time on ground got north after the buy as well. Anyway, that's just a few options. One final thing, Zach Johnson isn't too late for anyone that didn't jump on. He's up to one hundred and seventy nine ks.
Speaker 1: You send this one in, yeah, I send this one in. Well, you know, if this was.
Speaker 4: Five negative sixty three breakve, this.
Speaker 1: Was five or six weeks ago, wouldn't definitely not be too late. I'm saving nine. It's goodbye and he's going to be they've got to buy. But now is it too late? I think it still might be. By coming up they get a few back after it. He's been great. I'm not saying he's going to pull out the side, but you know when a Jordan Ridley even as Zach Reid Redmond Redbend playing on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Nah, he would come back.
Speaker 1: And when these guys come in, they're going to demand more.
Speaker 4: Of the footy.
Speaker 1: They's probably going to take footy away from Zak Johnson. I think it's too late. What do you think are you going.
Speaker 4: To go there?
Speaker 3: No, I think it's too late. I just need the cash to go up, so I'd prefer to miss it. Like as I said, I I went early on to McCarthy, happy that I'm going to get cash there, happy that he's going to be there.
Speaker 4: I've just missed that cash. I think.
Speaker 1: So five kickings on the weekend, yeah, he played on for four of them, though, I.
Speaker 3: Think again it's down to how many trades you have, how much cash you need left to make your final team. I think I'm going to do better going right down to the basement guys and have that extra Like if I go, say I roused and got an extra sixty k. If Rouston makes me money and I get to do one more trade, cool, If not, I've still got all that money that I've made from the trade, rather than going, you know, losing an extra sixty k on a trade that I might never make realistically.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, that's that's all the targets we can talk about. I think anyone else. I think we get some questions. That's what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yes, question time.
Speaker 4: If they are asking that question, they can ask it to me directly.
Speaker 1: What question do you want to ask me? It's Ken seen your head?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seeing him this week? Nah, No unless if I see my training because Wednesday. Yeah, they definitely asked about me on did he when I was away? Yeah? Get me a bit of a dick?
Speaker 4: Did he really?
Speaker 1: We can't wait. We need the audio of you your first press comments with Ken with the blonde.
Speaker 4: More of this that you're asking me, that you're that you're asking.
Speaker 2: Just like I said, I was too lazy to show. Pretty funny.
Speaker 1: It's we've gone back to X at the Phantom Me Phantom sc The next couple of friends of the show here Patch obviously back from Spain, but leg Dog twelfth for the round. I believe must have been Adelaide too. Best things to do midweek in Adelaide.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's coming over here. Yeah, he's already hit me out with on the cards.
Speaker 1: Well he's the perfect got the perfect go to guide five names is Sime and Scorers video series, the best pubs in Adelaide, and a few good pubs in there, regardless of if the footage or not. So check it out.
Speaker 4: You got that one.
Speaker 2: I can't try to remember what it was. Well, I go.
Speaker 1: Republic's a good shot, though we good soon that we might have to go back. Quite a few listens down Friday night, July More questions. Some dog says, how many trades should we ideally and realistically have from here? How many do we all have before trades this week? And how many think of using?
Speaker 3: I've got eight coming in. I'm considering still going either too. I really want to just finish like the rough skeleton of the Final Squad.
Speaker 2: God, I got seats.
Speaker 4: Pre trades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a few extra ones down there, which is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at using two, maybe three, but probably two, and then I'll have six here and then next week. Honestly, I'm looking at maybe not using any. So it would just depend on if I can do a meaningful upgrade on the other end. But I think I want to then wait for Like I had some random lap More heroes for the week, guys like Matt Carroll popping at eighty two bo Allen with a sixty nine out of nowhere after I think, I, yeah, it was a upset the week before with him, but yeah, a lot of rookies suddenly popping at the right time of year.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought Clay Hall and Hustaway last week might provide me some more cash, but they look pretty much done now. But yeah, like we've actually had some nice cash gn So if I let them fatten up a little bit, say Matt Carroll, for another few weeks, then I might just wait to make that final trade. I think it's okay to be patient when you've got that kind of skeleton. And as we mentioned, I mean having trades at the end of the year for this person who's asked the question as well, I got stuck last year. I got stuck with injuries, So injuries will happen for your final squad. We've still got so many more weeks left of the season, so I think if you can get away with if there's a lot, don't do luxury trades now, is my advice. I did that last season, really burned me.
Speaker 4: On the run home.
Speaker 3: I went like I think I traded like Rowan marsh and Marshall to TDK at this time of year. Now TDK popped a one seventy seven and off the bat very happy, and then teddy K was injured for the last like eight weeks. So it's always good to, like I mentioned off the top, like a you know, trading a Gorne to a Grundy to get some cash. But at the end of the day, I don't think I'd ever recommend that because you know, next week somebody will do their hammy or like horn Francis might you know, we don't have the info yet.
Speaker 4: What if his shoulders done.
Speaker 3: You've got another person that you're in trouble with, so things will happen down the stretch.
Speaker 4: It's good to have. How many trades do you reckon fans post by?
Speaker 1: I think that's about right. Oh eight. This week for me, I was planning to use two on my bigger picture plan. Angus Clark didn't go up enough. Needed ten more k out of him to get meals in two trades. But we see him Darcy obviously presenting like he did on return. Now this might force my hand a bit. I'll use three and then probably be about the same as you will. Then wait, see how Zach Johnson goes a couple others and then maybe execute a final upgrade in a few few weeks. That also I'll be have twenty three on the field. That was Tom McCarthy will still be in that spot, so there's one more to probably do depending on his scoring. You know, that would then leave me with three trades for the run home three or four, which you know that will be cutting it fine but gone hard at the real top end team on the park.
Speaker 4: So that's where I mat.
Speaker 1: Who more here to finish off. We've talked about Callum meals about the reasonable D six option. We've probably answered that. I think we're happy with that, especially in this climate. Jimmy says, we've sort of discussed it with the Jason nor Francis, Sam Darcy either or Jimmy's thrown in Jack McCrae as well. Choose two for the rest of the season. I think it's still on Francis and Darcy.
Speaker 4: M That is tough though.
Speaker 3: I think McCrae had eighty seven, but he only played like sixty percent time of ground or something on return, so he could get back to his absolute best. Depends if they play around with the midfield mix when you know when rather than if they're out of the finals picture, Yeah, I don't know. What do you think, Jack McCrae, in that mix, would you still go the other two Horn Francis and Darcy?
Speaker 2: It was interesting, like I think he just may wait for him to go down because he's going to be consistent. Well, that's the thing. It was like playing and he started the season so well, also under.
Speaker 3: Twenty four break even so his break Eaven's actually more attainable than the other two you would suggest given how he's gone. But pre the injury it was a seventy nine and a seventy seven leading into that injury, and then an eighty seven on return despite low tom on ground. But it's not it's not top six numbers, is it? We all McCrae, the last.
Speaker 1: Few Bundy Bear not our red of the show bear. But can I rely on PHILIPO and have five trades left? That trade is on for me? Trade him end up on three trades? Is it worth a trade this point of year.
Speaker 4: If you haven't.
Speaker 3: If he's played, it just depends if he plays, I think, like if he plays, if we hear anything in the HbF, injury report and breaking even with our payton tomorrow if you hear anything an update, sorry on Wednesday. If you hear an update on that and he's playing, I just.
Speaker 4: Hold and.
Speaker 3: Rely is a strong word, but just back him in for the final bit. He's worth barely any cash. I got off last week because I just didn't think. I didn't know what this injury was. I'd back him in if you're that long on trades, but yeah, if he's injured for the long term, just jump off.
Speaker 1: A lot of horny one talk on be whap this week without one more to finish off. A bit of a general question. Anthony's got some specifics here, but it probably is a wider question for all of us. He says, full team, sort of as Roberts, Mirs Perkerchia think that's fine. Eight trades there, forty two k in the bank. Would you make trades to say, bring in fifty sixty k, say Pedler to Jack Martin this week to enable further upgrades build that bank, or just hold the trades to use them as sort of trades straight swaps for injury carnage. It's interesting one. I'm not sure if it's enough for that fifty K. I mean, is someone else going to pop up? Maybe? I don't think Pedlar to Martin is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think that was one of my options this week, and I agree that's where I'm just looking to make that extra bit of cash.
Speaker 4: What do you reckon five nights?
Speaker 3: I think I think we've got to just bank as much cash as we can in these final little upgrades. And that's why like a Zach Johnson for me as well.
Speaker 4: Just isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's fair? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Five names had enough? No one here is the best bloke on the pod yep as well showing up you know, happy to log in from home, had a few breaking stories like he does every Monday. But he's shown up for the fans. We promised him on the co Sports YouTube channel. After a week of who knows.
Speaker 2: What, well done, fine scenes, queens, bad things.
Speaker 1: We spoke on the pod. We spoke on the pod for so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Can I just shout out one final thing my fellow AMMI puller from the weekend? Yes, the snipe, the sniper he was out, that was out, the same one he's from, traveled up from nan Off to Marvel.
Speaker 1: And he got the winning one as well.
Speaker 3: In between and that that was just the funniest clip of but just about ever seeing.
Speaker 1: And do you see the photo the next day? Yes, it was like yours the same.
Speaker 4: So that's trust me.
Speaker 3: That's a that could be eight to ten plus with a bit of tendon solus. He's not even back yet, so when are you back? Two to three?
Speaker 1: A long long tailf you're going to come back.
Speaker 4: I just thought that was so funny.
Speaker 1: It was very bad.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: That was at the top of the show. That one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're petering out here.
Speaker 1: So good that everyone back in one piece on the lair. Five names will be here for a little bit longer. Then he's off for his month long so journey in Europe and we're checking him. Please don't run the time differences well, could suit us, could suit some good content.
Speaker 4: We definitely names a ring.
Speaker 1: But good luck in Super Coach again, easy week this week, as we said, listen quickly.
Speaker 4: How are you guys going for.
Speaker 3: A round sixteen? I'm cutting, I'm doing the extended bit again. You guys could like round sixteen.
Speaker 1: We finished.
Speaker 3: This is vital I really wanted to touch on it because I know each people are going to struggle, like gws S and the Geelong.
Speaker 2: I just realized before that's why I wasn't paying attention that I like kind of sneaking myself with trades and couldn't I couldn't get somebody back on my.
Speaker 3: I have meaning to ask this during the show because like so many people are going to think about all the premiums like Neil Dunkley, Baz Homes, Whitfield, Ash, like, there is a lot of names coming up.
Speaker 2: I've got nineteen at the moment.
Speaker 4: Nineteen and that is like a lot of primos out though.
Speaker 2: I've got in terms of primos, I think about five or seats out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, to be ready for a big hit next week? And does he's ready for a big rise because I had a few years looking a bit grim. I've only got Whitfield called well and Baslenka, so that probably says where my premiums are at. But I reckon Dussi's looking for topic. Look, I called it on what Thursday last week top of the pod for this week. I'm calling it now top of the pod for round sixteen.
Speaker 1: Could you trade? I might trade Zach Johnson. You could trade him, then upgrade, make the final upgrade. Then what I'll do okay, that'll.
Speaker 3: Help, all right, stay tuned top of the pod for Dossie called it maybe this week as well. Why not back to that triple to finish the bias.
Speaker 1: Good luck, see you next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah,