Speaker 1: Welcome to the Late de Bait.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have your company on the Late Debate James Macpherson with Liz Stra and Caleb Bond coming up. Thieves caught on CCTV breaking into a Queensland home. But you'll never believe how they got in through the doggie door.
Speaker 3: Will show you that. Were you laughing for dog breaking and entering?
Speaker 1: Wolf?
Speaker 4: Wolf dog?
Speaker 5: Do they have I know I was going to say, actually I left my keys in the house one night and I had to get the neighbor to climb through the window to get the keys with me.
Speaker 4: But do you have any children?
Speaker 1: Just feed through the window.
Speaker 3: We'll show you the vision of these thieves through the doggy door. A little later.
Speaker 2: Plus, when we look at the papers, a man who's been doing Welcome to Countries for the past decade told he needs to stop because he's never proven his own aboriginality and apparently keeps inviting or welcoming rather the wrong indigenous groups. Plus students and then exclusive South Australian school expelled after setting fire to a rival schools jumper. All of that a little later, but first, former AFL champion turned Lord Meyrill campaigner Anthony Cooter Fides has announced his plan to revive Melbourne's ailing CBD free coffee now at least it's one coffee per person and only on a Monday. Is this a great idea or is it proof that AFL footballers should never be politicians. Have a look at his campaign advertisement here it is.
Speaker 1: A Calmton great promising to make Melbourne great a end.
Speaker 5: Well, where are the people right now?
Speaker 3: How many as sole missions?
Speaker 1: Isn't it really the safety the highlesses?
Speaker 4: Just over two months.
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but after that soul stirring campaign video, I was expecting a sort of a New York Rudy Giuliano style plan to get rid of graffiti, remove homeless people from the streets and really spruce up the place, crack down on crime. But instead Anthony Kudafines has announced this plan. I quote, most Melbournians love coffee and our cafes are renowned around the world for it. So for those that make the effort to come into the CBD on a Monday, we'll shout.
Speaker 3: You a coffee.
Speaker 2: Let's put smiles back on people's faces again. A free coffee can make a big, big difference. So you face with the choice of working from home, or you can battle the traffic, put up with the delays on public transport, you can navigate those annoying bike lanes. You can try and avoid the multiple protests that happen from time to time in the Melbourne CBD.
Speaker 3: Sell a kidney to avoid to.
Speaker 2: Rather pay for your parking step over homeless people on your way to the office.
Speaker 3: But the reward is you get a.
Speaker 2: Free flat white on a Monday. I think Carlton have more chain of winning the premiership this year than this plan being a success. And the way Victorian's finances are, I reckon it wouldn't be a barristo made coffee Lizen Caleb Instant.
Speaker 4: My mistake.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I so dislike these kind of gimmicky things because what it also says is I think you as ratepayers are stupid, Like who would fall for this? Like you say, who is going to trade in the convenience of staying home?
Speaker 1: And you left Outlourne.
Speaker 7: Sure I'm going to sit for eight hours in a soulless office under blinking fluorescent lights for eight hours.
Speaker 4: But I get a free coffee in the morning.
Speaker 8: I mean at least this guy has realized his jurisdiction here, because initially he and his campaign announced that they were going to work with the state government.
Speaker 4: To introduce laws to force.
Speaker 7: Anyone working for government, anyone working in corporate to be in the office at least.
Speaker 4: Four days a week.
Speaker 7: And then heard from the state government who was like, buddy, that that's not your job, that's our job if it's going to happen. So he's toned it down now and just said, okay, free coffee is once a week on a Monday. But honestly, who is going to trade in the convenience of working from home for a free coffee on the morning James James is girding out of bed.
Speaker 1: James looks interested. I reckon, you take the coffee.
Speaker 2: If it was my barista at Castle Towers shopping Center, I reckon I would.
Speaker 1: I would do it.
Speaker 3: Coffee.
Speaker 5: All I can say is that, to quote Jack Nicholson in As Good as It Gets, which is a fantastic film, if that did it for me, I'd be the luckiest guy alive. I mean, I imagine, oh yeah, I've been working from home all this time, and I'm finally going to go back into the office because I get a free coffee on a Monday for six months.
Speaker 1: It's a trial, right, six month trial that it would be.
Speaker 5: It kind of reminds me when people complain about you know, they're not recognized enough in the workplace and they really want to pay rise, but they haven't had one for three years and everyone's complaining to the boss. Look, you've got to do something here. We're not feeling that great. And then the boss is like, I know what's better than a pay rise. I'll buy you all pizzas on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's trying to bribe.
Speaker 5: People in the piddliest way possible to come back to the city.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: Look, something has to be done because Melbourne CBD, if you look at the number of people going through it on the weekend, they actually have more people in the Melbourne CBD than they did pre pandemic. And during the week it's just totally empty. It's turned into more of an entertainment precinct and a shopping precinct for people on the weekend because they're at home during the week and they go well on the weekend, I want to get out of home for a while and go into the city and of course, you can't really support a CBD seven days a week on a two day economy, so he's throwing something out there. I suppose that's good, But is a coffee really going to turn the dial? I suppose you could say, pardon the pun, that it's worth a shot, boom boom, But really, I can't.
Speaker 4: Likes your dad joke. I can't see it.
Speaker 1: I can't see it doing it.
Speaker 4: Vager to last, but not least. It's not free.
Speaker 7: If the government tells you, whether their local, state or federal, that something is free, guess who's paying for it you. Now, last week we bought you the story that New South Wales Water had finally admitted, very quietly on their website that PIFAs otherwise known as forever chemicals, had been found in Sydney's water supply. Now this may have come as a big shock to a lot of people, given prior to that their official position was and I quote, there's no need.
Speaker 4: No, this isn't a direct quote. Hang on, I'm just going to paraphrase for them.
Speaker 7: They said there was no need to test pfas in the water supply because there's no known pfas in the water supply.
Speaker 4: Hot tip people, if you.
Speaker 7: Test for it, then you'll know whether there is any pfas in the water supply. This week we bring you a story that has told us damn in the Blue Mountains has.
Speaker 4: Been shut down.
Speaker 7: Why they found PFASs in it. They're very undecided what the source of these pfasts are.
Speaker 9: They just know that it's in there and they're on the job to find out why. Wen Day's today's statement, sorry, yesterday's statement from Water New South Wowes so they said this dam does not supply raw water directly, but as a precautionary measure, it has been disconnected from supply while further investigations are conducted. They said, Water New South Wales will keep the community informed as the investigation progresses and work closely with New Sowell's Health and Sydney Water to ensure drinking water remains safe. But of course we know here in Australia safe is a very relative term, since we learned in April, thanks to the brilliant work of Carrie Felner at the Sydney Morning Herald, who has been researching this for over a decade, that Australian drinking water allows a carcinogen speaking of pfas at one hundred and forty times the US rate.
Speaker 7: So the rate that our water people say, oh, found pfas, but it's perfectly fine, is a rate that the US says, that's one hundred and forty times over what we allow in ours. Keeping in mind their health authorities in the US have advised that there is no safe level of exposure to these chemicals. They are linked to cancer and a myriad of other health complications. Is the reason why the US believes it spends over two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on the health side effects of p fas because these are forever chemicals, so whether they're being pumped out into the environment, we know that they're in our food, they're in our food packaging, they're in women's hygiene products. I mean, how many ways do you want to introduce these into our bodies.
Speaker 4: They're in band aids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's not make the pfas do any work getting into your bloodstream. Let's just slap it straight on open wounds. And of course, the government is very reticent to do anything about this because it would require a lot of money a to clean up the waterways and other land that has been polluted by it, and B you have to cut it off at the source, don't you, which would mean putting your foot down on multiple billion dollar industries. So the government puts this in the too hard basket, and pfas experts across the world has said, this is the global emergency. Some one needs to do something because for as long as all these products are still being created, these chemicals don't break down in the environment, they don't break down in people's bodies.
Speaker 4: So the world is quite literally.
Speaker 7: Just going to keep compounding in chemicals. It's something that not many people know much about, and I'm just glad it's getting some recognition now that.
Speaker 2: There's three things that are really disturbing about this story. The first that you've mentioned is Ward in New South Wales only acted after the Sydney Morning Herald went on and on about this issue, and finals they acted and found there was an issue. The second problem, it's the story today tells that there are three fire stations within a two kilometer radius of the Cascade Water filtration plant where they've found higher levels there than in other parts of Sydney, and they haven't quite got around to checking those fire stations which are known to stock prefas chemicals, they haven't got around to checking whether there might be contamination coming from there. And then the third worry to me is that, as you said, the US have already said no exposure is appropriate, and the Australian authorities have said, well, we are going to review things. But that was a couple of months ago. You've got America has already done the hard work. They've already got the data, so it's not like Australian authorities have to start from scratch. They could determine very quickly what the danger is, what the measures to remediate the situation would be, and make a quick decision.
Speaker 1: Australia's so far behind the eight ball here.
Speaker 5: And I love the idea that you wouldn't test for something because you didn't believe it was there. I mean, I look forward to every oncologist in the country now applying that to cancer.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not going.
Speaker 5: To run any tests to see whether you've got cancer, because as far as I'm aware, there's no cancer in your body. I will just leave that up to chance and figure that out further down the line. And then of course when they do the test they find that the cancer is there, or in this case, they discovered that the PFAS is there. And I don't see how governments can possibly suggest that it's not worth testing for because governments have already paid compensation to people whose properties have been infected by PFAS. And you talk about fire stations, because where this has sort of been talked about for the last few years is a around fire stations and airports, particularly defense force baces, because it's been used in firefighting foam for a long time. And so if you've got a property next to a raft base or next to a firefighting station, et cetera, there's a high likelihood that there is PFAS in your soil, high concentrations of it, and that's already been found. The government has paid out, the federal government hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation to landowners whose land has been infected by PFAS, So they already know it exists, They already know it's leached into the land in certain parts of the country. Why would they then not automatically assume that it is leaking into the water table and into the waterways and into dams and think, well, yes, we do actually have to do the testing because of course it's there.
Speaker 7: Like chemicals supposed to go, that's just it.
Speaker 4: You find going for them.
Speaker 7: You can't eradicate them, so they have to go somewhere. And massive companies like the billion dollar behemoth of three M located in the States. There's an entire docco and this called how to Poison a Planet. They were sued to within an inch of their lives because it was shown that for decades they knew that this stuff was highly poisonous, highly toxic. There were people around the base, living and working, going to school who were dropping dead of cancer. In one school, over twenty kids died because all their waterways were highly highly poisoned with this stuff.
Speaker 4: So the thing that.
Speaker 7: Gets me more than anything else is these companies know that they are manufacturing these products, even tea bags with using pfas, and they don't need to.
Speaker 4: This is the twenty first century.
Speaker 7: I mean, come on, you know how to make women's hygiene products, any product that you want to name without using these highly toxic chemicals that are basically microdoise dosing people with poison on a daily basis. And the government we can talk about doing a cleanup of the waterways and all the rest of it.
Speaker 4: But until you cut it off at the source.
Speaker 7: Those PIFAs are being consumed by us, inhaled by us, and yes, even in our drinking water.
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 5: The next thing they need to do is test the land around McLaren Vale, because if it's getting into the vines around there and then making it into the wine that I'm drinking every day, I am exceedingly concerned about. We've talked this week about the fact that the federal government, the Albanezi government, has done something good for once. They're cracking down on foreign students. They're reducing the intake er at least halting the intake and telling universities that they must take fewer international students. And good on them, because we know what a cash cow it has been for universities that don't really care the service they provide. They just want the money. And the other thing that the federal government did last week was to get rid of one hundred and fifty tertiary education outfits and these registered training organizations TAFE type organizations that have been set up supposedly as ghost outfits. Now, the way this works is that someone sets up a registered training organization. Someone from overseas then applies for a student visa to come out to Australia, which is given to them, and then this registered training organization provides them no training whatsoever. It is a scam to get people into the country Illegitimately, well one hundred and forty of those outfits have had their contracts ripped up and sor one hundred and fifty of them have been ripped up. Now one hundred and forty have been put on notice. But there's the question now of what about all the students quote unquote they're not actually students that were allowed into the country through these dodgy outfits that are still here.
Speaker 1: Surely they should be deported.
Speaker 5: And this has been pointed out by a few economists and others today. Leith van Nonsulin, who you often see here on Sky News's and the chief economist at Macro Business, he said, shouldn't the operators of the ghost colleges be punished and the fake students who enrolled in them deported? There need to be consequences for deliberately abusing Australia's visa system. Melanie McFarlane, she's the chair of Immigration Consultants of Australia. She said there's still a feeling that some of these colleges are managing to operate. You get the dodgy operators working with dodgy agents. It's always been like that and it's gone on for years and the whole sector now seems to be penalized for a few dodgy operators. She says that they open up ASQA, that's the Australian Skills Quality Authority. They come in, they close them down, or they try to, but then they go to the tribunal, thereby extending their life in the country. There's been so much talk about closing ghost colleges. It's not that it's about making them harder to open, and yes that is correct. It would be better to not have them open in the first place, so you then don't have to clean the issue up later on. But surely these mean they're probably not kids, they'd be young adults. Have come in under false pretenses. They should be on the first plane out of the country. There's clearly a massive loophole here that is being used to abuse. To make your way into the country under illegitimate means, send them.
Speaker 3: Away that the numbers are quite astonishing.
Speaker 2: I mean two hundred and ninety colleges, the one hundred and fifty that have been shut down, one hundred and forty that have been warned, how you need to start holding classes otherwise we'll revoke your license. How have that many colleges of dubious quality approved in the first place. The problem caleb with tracking down these people who've gotten here clearly under false pretenses with student visas, but they're not students because there's no classes. The former Department Secretary of the Immigration Department, Abil Risby, I think I've got his name correct here. The problem is the resources in the department are not sufficient to track down what amount two thousands of people who are here on visas of dubious qualities.
Speaker 3: And even when they give.
Speaker 2: Them a notice that we're going to deport you, invariably they'll apply for protection visas because most of the people that apply to these ghost colleges are from countries that are high risk i e. People overstaying their visas, being here for dubious means.
Speaker 3: So the chances of.
Speaker 2: These people being deported is quite small. And the other point here that's interesting is we're not for the housing crisis.
Speaker 3: I don't think we'd be talking about this.
Speaker 2: It's only because of the housing crisis that the focuses come on international students. This has been happening for a long time. It's continued to happen. It's only the housing crisis that suddenly focused everybody on an issue that should have been a big issue previously.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because suddenly labor wants to be seen as doing something about the housing crisis, so they're trying a double triple, quadruple pronged method.
Speaker 4: But this obviously needs doing.
Speaker 7: Kudos to them for actually doing something about it. Apparently there's eight hundred of these VET companies or institutions like you just said, I mean over a quarter of them have just either been chucked in the bin or given notice.
Speaker 4: That notice being until December.
Speaker 7: If you don't start classes up again by resume classes presuming that they.
Speaker 4: Used to run them. If you don't resume.
Speaker 7: Them by September, you're closed come twenty twenty five. But like you said, we've now seen this up tick in onshore refugee applications as these students get busted and then say well can I stay I'm claiming asylum, but given like you said, Caleb, they already come here in a dodgy way. It's not like, oh, poor students, you guys were doaded. You thought you were legitimately coming here to study. It turns out that institution was lying to you. No, the ones that have been shut down were shut down because they were shown to not have been running any training for twelve months or more. So those students, there is no way in heck that they were just blissfully unaware. They've come here, they haven't done any study, and now the government's cranking challege should absolutely be deported. But I don't know what it is with this government, and most governments for that matter, they never want to deport anyone when the people are like, we literally came here to rot the city.
Speaker 2: Legal system is set up so that there's so many steps they can take before they're ever removed from the country.
Speaker 3: It's money, it's time, it's resources.
Speaker 1: Like it's just.
Speaker 3: Easier for governments to just say, oh, well.
Speaker 5: But if you wanted to apply for asylum because you were worried about the country you'd come from, just apply for asylum in the first place. Don't come here under false pretenses. And that's why they ought to be deported.
Speaker 1: Even if you have.
Speaker 5: Concerns about the country, they're going back to you broke the rules to enter the country in the first place, so surely you've already proved yourself to be a person of bad character, and on that basis, you don't get to stay, even if you've applied for asylum.
Speaker 1: You know, afterwards, it seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of ridiculous, the government continue going on about misinformation and disinformation, and so the Labor government have established a portal whereby.
Speaker 3: People can report fake news.
Speaker 2: But it's backfired spectacularly because people have started submitting examples of the Labor Party's campaign advertisements and advertising for fact checking. The ALP website portal asks people to fight lives and fake news by submitting examples, and they've been absolutely overwhelmed by examples that Labor politicians have been tweeting out. During the nuclear argument, particularly, we had ridiculous memes from Labor politicians such as you see on screen, and so people have been submitting these examples of fake news and lies to the Labor Party fact checkers. Since the Labor Party is so concerned about misinformation and disinformation. I'm not sure this fact checking portal will continue. It might just be quietly removed.
Speaker 4: Might be removed.
Speaker 3: I'll be quicker to get rid of that than they will Dodgy Visa.
Speaker 4: Oh well, it's a lot easier just to take a portal off the web. This reminds me of when Scotland.
Speaker 7: Passed those hate speech laws and then got slammed with thousands of complaints of the own the government's own racism, which they defined as hate speech, given their own Prime Minister had given that infamous white there's all these white people, all the bureaucracy is white here in Scotland, and people were pointing out the fact. Hang on a minute, you guys have classified hate speech in this country and you've fallen foul a lot of times yourself.
Speaker 4: So I love the trolls. Keep it coming.
Speaker 7: Australians like, doesn't that just make you happy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know it's great, isn't it. But don't forget that. You know this is just some Labor Party website, right, it's not an official thing, but the government actually wants to part part pass. I wish they would part with it, just send it off into the ether. They want to pass misinformation disinformation laws that would put Akma in charge of deciding whether or not things that people post online and we say here on television are misinformation and disinformation, etcetera.
Speaker 1: So the government has now had a.
Speaker 5: Little taste of how this could go. Maybe you should pass the misinformation disinform No, don't even and then and then, much like in Scotland, we can just send in everything politicians say and get at to rule on that just jam up the servers, jam up the system. Had the bureaucrats going one hundred miles an hour working out whether when Anthony Alberizi said he'd take two hundred and seventy five dollars off your power bill, that was misinformation.
Speaker 2: And the problem with your plan is when there's complaints about us with misinformation, we pay the lawyer fees, and when we complain about the governor misinformation, we pay the lawyer fees.
Speaker 3: So that's where that plan fulls down.
Speaker 4: And also they make the rules.
Speaker 7: So of course, and we know that the government isn't included in the misinformation disinformation billings or you and me, it's the media, it's everybody, but the government. They can still say whatever they like to the US now where Kamala Harris, in her run for president, has suddenly become.
Speaker 4: A fan of a border wall.
Speaker 7: You've got to see this to believe this. Remember she labeled Trump's idea of a wall on the border to stop illegal migrants from star hurry into the US. She labeled it disgusting, it was racist, it was every kind of isam under the sun.
Speaker 4: She has done the most spectacular.
Speaker 7: One eighty saying that she will in fact sign into effect the very bill that means that the wall would be finished. She even included in her presentation on this pictures of the unfinished wall, saying that she would complete it.
Speaker 4: I just cannot believe this.
Speaker 7: And the media has been largely completely silent about this. I mean, speaking of a massive backflip. I have not seen something this huge in a long time.
Speaker 4: Because she was so vocal about it at the time.
Speaker 7: And of course she has been the Biden administrations border czar or czar arena for all those pronoun people out there for years now, done a patently dismal job, obviously, and now she's said as president, she'll build the wall.
Speaker 3: I think she's incredible.
Speaker 2: Read the New York Post, which had statistics showing thirty five percent of Americans believe the southern border is the number one issue, and fifty three percent of Americans actually support a wall, So hence the backflip.
Speaker 3: But I mean, it's hard to keep up with us politics.
Speaker 2: We were told Joe Biden was so bad he couldn't possibly be their candidate. Now we're told he's an historic president who should be on Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 3: We're told Biden was.
Speaker 2: Mentally incapable of running again, but he's not so incapable that he can't continue with the nuclear codes right now. We were told Kamala her annoying cackle. It's not an annoying cackle, it's joy. And she's not ditzy. She's just got the common touch. And she's not against the wall. She's for the wall. These policies that there were nothing to do with her. It's not like she's been the vice president for the past four years. It's almost like she's running against herself. She allowed all these migrants to flood into the country, and now she's saying, I'm going to fix it, as if she had nothing to do with the problem at all.
Speaker 5: As she's saying about everything she said, we're going to make everything better. We're going to make everything better. What have you been doing for the last four years? You're the vice president right now to do it now?
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: But of course, you know, she doesn't have much record of anything herself to talk about, which is why, as we said the other night, she talks incessantly about when she was a prosecutor because she can't really talk about what she did as vice president. But you know, you'd imagine Kamala Harris has managed to, I don't know, turn on the TV and just see what's going on around the US. I was saying months ago that the one thing that could could sink Biden terribly and was going to eventually cause him.
Speaker 1: To do a backflip.
Speaker 5: Of course, he didn't actually have to do the backflip in the end because he was replaced by Kamala was the border, because the tide was starting to turn. And if she's turned on the TV, she's seeing things like this. For instance, this is allegedly a gang of illegal Venezuelans in the US taking over an entire apartment building. And these illegal migrants have become so lazy that after you know, cloring their way over the border, they've got past ice, and they've gone through barbed wire fences and whatever. They couldn't possibly walk any further distance, so they're now hitching a ride on school buses.
Speaker 6: A group of migrants tried to board a school bus this morning while it was traveling to a school. The superintendent for the Homol de Alzourra Union School District and formed parents of that incident earlier today. It happened at one of the stops on the school district's bus route that heads to Oak Grove Middle School and Primary. Meanwhile, yesterday afternoon, in a similar area along another route, the superintendent says that a group of migrants tried to stop another bus. Border Patrol CHP in the Sheriff's office have now been informed of these incidents. The superintendent says that for the safety of everyone, if a driver sees a group of migrants at a bus stop, they will drive past it on and move on to the next It was.
Speaker 5: Just a matter of time before she decided to do something about it.
Speaker 1: And don't forget.
Speaker 5: I think it was back in twenty fourteen that there was a bill put up under Obama's presidency that was sponsored by Chuck Schumer. To start building order fences. What an idea? Then, when Trump said he was going to do it, Oh no, no, no, we couldn't possibly have that. All the Democrats are back on board with it.
Speaker 1: How good is that.
Speaker 5: Let's stick in the US, where the FBI is continuing their investigation of sorts into the attempted.
Speaker 1: Assassination of Trump.
Speaker 5: I say of sorts because well, they're not really uncovering much. I mean, this has been going on for what the better part of two months now, and they still haven't been able to find a motive for why this kid tried to shoot at Trump. But they have now decided perhaps he was going to go for Biden as well.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it? They've been going through his computers and.
Speaker 5: They've decided that he showed a sustained, detailed effort to plan an attack on some event. Now you know, that could be Biden, that could be Trump because apparently he was looking up the details of Biden events as well. Who knows, he was just looking for someone to shoot Trump just happened to be the one who was closest, the earliest, according to what the FBI has found so far, the search terms they found on his computer he looked up, where will Trump speak from at Butler Farm Show?
Speaker 1: I would have thought on the podium.
Speaker 5: Butler Farm Show podium was the next he looked up and Butler Farm Show photos. He was also a bit concerned about the weather, apparently as the event drew close, so he was looking up what the forecast was going to be, because God forbid, you wouldn't want to try to assassinate someone in the rain, would you. I mean, how can the FBI possibly have still not worked out what the motive was to try and shoot at the former president could be the next president of the United States. It kind of reminds you this investigation of this scene from the jerk.
Speaker 10: Hey, Harry, like as, what's the matter with these camps? Yuh, nothing, These cans are defective. They're springing league. Come over here and look at that. Listen, you better d for Cobo. You're gonna spring a league. Ah, we don't have defector camp. We have a defective point on there. He hates these camps.
Speaker 1: Stay away from that cam.
Speaker 5: Jeez, you have a lot of confidence, don't you know? This is six weeks ago that he shot at Trump and they still haven't worked oud way tried to do.
Speaker 2: It forty seven days since an assassin's bullet hit Trump in the side of the head, and they're completely clueless. I mean, all we've learned is that he had a social media account where he was a bit anti Semitic, a bit anti immigration, a little bit of political violence. But that's really all. They've interviewed a thousand people and really can't discern any motive. But you know, he might as well, as you said, have hit Biden or Trump, you know, whichever. I think they've seen the mileage that Trump has got out of this assassination attempt. For about five minutes after the assassination attempt, everybody was, you know, wow, Donald Trump really could have died. He was quite heroic in the way he handled it. His poll numbers rose. And so now the FBI telling us, wow, Trump's not special. It could have been Biden just as easily. So Trump deserves no credit. Clearly, that's what's going on here.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe that anyone's listening to the FBI.
Speaker 7: This is the same FBI the earlier this week we were talking about pressured Zuckerberg to limit the reach, well just outright censor the story about Hunter Biden's laptop. They said, hey, it's just Russian disinformation. Make sure that it's not on your platforms type thing. Zuckerberg now regrets working with them. But this is the same FBI who raided Trump's Murre Lago home and staged photo ops with these Manila folders saying top secret and all the rest of it. It came out months later after they denied it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually we did set that up. That was a bit of a photoshop. Not a photoshop, but a photo op for us at the FBI.
Speaker 3: This is ai lethal force on that radars.
Speaker 4: Check in the door. You can kill any one you want.
Speaker 7: This is the same FBI that had egg all over their face after they were finally forced to give up the actual footage of January sixth, Remember the insurrection that showed security guards shaking hands and basically showing through these rioters through the Capitol building as if.
Speaker 4: It was just some sort of walk through tour. You have to remember that footage.
Speaker 7: We showed it to you on this show, and it was it went around the world. This is the same FBI who couldn't figure out, for the life of them where the crack cocaine and the white house where that might have come from, the most secure building in the entirety of the United States of America.
Speaker 4: We just don't know where this crack cocaine came from.
Speaker 7: And it has nothing to do with the fact that Hunter Biden was here this weekend.
Speaker 4: I could go on for an hour without drawing breath. These guys have zero credibility, and.
Speaker 7: In fact, the second they say it's something, I'm like, well, process of elimination, I know it ain't that. Indeed, also, you've got to give me back my copy of Tom O'Neill's book Chaos. Once you read that, you will never listen to a word the CIA or FBI, ever.
Speaker 2: Says again, lizill learn it to you as soon as I'm done with it, before we go to a break. The Albanezi government have shelved plans to include questions about people's sexual preferences in the twenty twenty six census because they want to maintain social cohesion. Treasurer Jim Chalmers said that questions about LGBTQ would be ditched from the census because he wanted to avoid nastiness. Here's the treasurer, but.
Speaker 11: The census itself is an until twenty twenty six, and so our goal here has been to try and avoid some of the nastiness that sometimes accompanies that in the lead up to the census.
Speaker 2: There's two things about this government that really worry me. One is it's impossible to figure out what.
Speaker 3: They really believe.
Speaker 2: If you believe LGBTQ people are really important, we need that data included in the census. If you don't think it's necessary, say so. So you can't work at what they believe. And they clearly have no confidence in their ability to have a conversation with the public or to get their point across, so they fall back on this social cohesion, which is exactly what they did with the religious discrimination bill. We still don't know what they believe about that. They just said, well, we don't want to have any nastiness, so we better.
Speaker 3: Not talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's just gutless from this government, who are managerial rather than leaders.
Speaker 1: Where would the nastiness come from?
Speaker 5: Are they worried that maybe if we include the question in the census, and I think it should be in the census because it's an exercise of working out where the population is out and who makes up the population. Surely that's a sort of question you would put in the census. Are they worried that perhaps we'll see there's been a marked rise in LGBTQ people in the last five odd years and then we might start wondering why is that? And that's questions that the government doesn't want to answer.
Speaker 3: Where we're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, look at what's making news tomorrow, including students from an exclusive South Australian school expelled after setting fire to a rival school sports jersey.
Speaker 3: It's coming up in a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at what's making front page news tomorrow. We'll start with an interesting story on the front page of the Adelaide Advertiser. Black Friars reads the headline, which is a pun on the name of the school. It refers to black Friars as in friarsa How would you define a Friars?
Speaker 3: That's like a monk, right, Yeah, I think it's in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blackfriars, not the one you put your chips in, correct, that's the pun.
Speaker 3: Let me continue.
Speaker 2: Blackfriars School has expelled students who hoisted a rival school sports jacket on a stick and set fire to it last week after a football match. Police have been called over the stunt, which was labeled shameful by the all boys Adelaide Private School. The school principle, in announcing what had been done to parents wrote, and I quote the gravity of their actions cannot be overstated, which feels like a little bit of an overstatement. I think the situation was that the boys at Blackfriars Priory School had beaten a rival school for the first time in eight years, and high school boys being high school boys, decided to celebrate by burning the rival schools sports jersey on a stick. Appropriate expelworthy, I think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Remember these are kids in Caleb, you would understand this, who probably just a couple of weeks ago went to Adelaide Oval to watch the Port Power versus the Adelaide Crows, where there was all sorts of carry on. So the crosstown rivalry is big. Yeah, this is football, they're boys. Maybe a slap on the wrist, But to get expelled for that, no one died.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like it was the Atralian flag.
Speaker 5: They went and saw thunder the Port Power mascot get punched in the face by some kid, but you know, you get suspended for a week or something. It's a bit naff I get that it's not a great look for the school, but in the grand scheme of things, they set a jumper on fire, and it's one thing for the school to expel the kids, which I think is way way over the top. But the police have been called out. What have the police been called in for? I didn't know it was an offense to burn a jumper.
Speaker 1: What are the police going to do about it?
Speaker 5: Maybe they're going to find out that, you know, they did it in an area during a you know, no fire zone or something, and so they.
Speaker 1: Broke the law. Like, what are the police going to do about it?
Speaker 2: We should point out this was not on school property, this was off site.
Speaker 7: That, oh what is That makes it even more ridiculous. I genuinely have no problem with this whatsoever. Nobody was hurt.
Speaker 4: This wasn't send me a signal that they were going to burn the school down. Honestly, if I was one of their mums, I'd just be.
Speaker 7: Like, that's that's extreme and kind of funny, But okay, do you reckon?
Speaker 2: They're worried about the carbon emissions.
Speaker 7: For this principle to say, quote he was deeply grieved end quote.
Speaker 4: I mean, buddy, do me a favor.
Speaker 7: What happened to boys will be boys? I'm a massive fan of boys will be boys. They won against this team for the first time in eight years, and they were like, Lol, let's grab one of their.
Speaker 4: Jackets, hoist it and burn it. That was their way of celebrating. And they're too young to drink. So what would you rather than do? I think it was fine.
Speaker 3: Do you think some of the context.
Speaker 2: There's a school Pembroke, which is a very exclusive school, and they were in the news a week or two ago because some of the boys had made some inappropriate lists about how they would judge the girls in the school that hit the media.
Speaker 3: Do you think this school is now reacting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we better show us so.
Speaker 5: I think they're a bit titchy at the moment, but serious, Like you know, they said a jumper on fire to think that, you know, these kids who did something a little bit stupid have had their entire school year derailed by that. I think he's a little bit over the top. Let's go to the Daily Telegraph tomorrow, but it says you're not welcome Indigenous ceremony row over ancestry. A Sydney Aboriginal Land Council is demanding a resident, so he's conducting welcome to country ceremonies, claiming he has failed to prove his indigenous ancestry. This bloke, you can see him there on the front of the paper, Neil Evers. He says that he is a fifth generation Aboriginal. He's been doing these ceremonies on the Northern Beaches in Sydney.
Speaker 1: For about a decade now.
Speaker 5: But the land Council says that he's acknowledged the wrong Aboriginal people at an event and provided no proof of his aboriginality.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you.
Speaker 5: Had to provide proof of your aboriginality, although you just identify.
Speaker 4: That was my first thought as well.
Speaker 7: I will never forget the Senate committee in which Senator Alex Antik was trying to establish Okay, so how does one prove acclaim that they are from indigenous heritage?
Speaker 4: Since there's all.
Speaker 7: Kinds of I don't want to call them handouts, but whatever handouts for Indigenous Aussies to give them a head start, get them into UNI, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: So how do I.
Speaker 7: Prove that I'm indigenous if I'm in indigenous, and these guys.
Speaker 4: Just tripped over themselves.
Speaker 7: It was the most painful twenty minutes and they still hadn't come up with anything comprehensive. I mean, hats off to nilmatee here, because we know that you're paid quite handsomely for these.
Speaker 4: Welcome to countries.
Speaker 7: On the kid, he's just gone, like, you know what, I might as well cash in.
Speaker 4: Get going while the going's good.
Speaker 7: Goodness knows how much he's made off this, and.
Speaker 2: We're just going on the front page. So I don't understand all the context. So this is pure speculation. But if he's been doing this for a decade, he's kind of got the mats sewn up right. So the easiest way if you wanted the slice of that action, oh, I asked question his say, indigenous credentials, and there you go.
Speaker 1: I want to be his manager.
Speaker 5: I read he sounds great, thought I do have to point out, sorry for being Pernicotti, it's welcomes to country, not welcome to countries for all the for kel Richards, if you're watching, and I know you're watching, I just had to do it for you.
Speaker 4: Did you just correct yourself.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I didn't say welcome to countries. You said welcome to countries, and you said it at the top of the program as well. In the paper it said welcome to country ceremonies. But the plural of welcome to countries welcomes to countries.
Speaker 7: Oh well, my quality of life knowing that little tit bit of information just shot through the road.
Speaker 4: Don't know about you.
Speaker 5: The language matters, defend the English language to the.
Speaker 4: Run page of the oars.
Speaker 7: Now Fair Works reckless adventurism on working from home. Employers have accused the Fair Work Commission of reckless adventurism, slamming its decision to examine giving clerical staff the legal right to request to work from home in a case that we'll set a precedent for the remote work rules to apply to millions of workers. Well, well, well, how have the clerics found themselves in the middle of this?
Speaker 5: How did they not know that Kurdafides was going to give out free coffees in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: This isn't a problem.
Speaker 5: Anymore, everyone's going to be going back into work.
Speaker 1: But you know, I it does.
Speaker 5: Worry me if we get to a point where it becomes sort of an enshrined right to be able to work from home. Surely that is a decision to be made between employer and employee. And a lot of people now, I'm sure when they go for a new job or they renegotiate their contract, have this stuff written into their contract. But they's a discussion for you to have with your boss, not for the government or the Fair Work Commission or anyone else to say, is your right to work from home? If the boss wants you in the office or at your workplace, surely they should be able to have you there. Because what do we end up saying the checkout chick wants to work from home?
Speaker 1: I mean, how do you enshrine that right?
Speaker 3: If you can find a checkout chickt will he s doing very very well. I think she is working from home.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the Townsville bulletin, No trust in You, reads the headline. Counselors fiery spray at mayor. Mayor Troy Thompson's bid for a political advisor who could be paid one hundred and seventy five thousand salary unanimously rejected shock surprise, with one councilor firing up over the mayor's proposal to directly appoint the role for context a political advisor on the Townsville Council getting one hundred and seventy five grand will counselors are only paid I think it's one hundred and fifty three grand, and the deputy mayor is not paid as much as this political advisor was to be paid.
Speaker 4: What kind of council is this? When I was a counselor, I was paid a fraction.
Speaker 7: They have much, much bigger counsel Yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: But that is just hilarious.
Speaker 7: Can I just say, Mayor Troy Thompson, I've worked in state, federal and local government and no political advisor know me, is worth one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know what I was always.
Speaker 5: I don't know what sort of money you were getting back in the day, but I know that about at the moment. In South Australia, if you're a media advisor in the state government, like a top level media advisor, you get about one hundred and forty So to get one hundred and seventy five in a council, No.
Speaker 3: It's not bad money. We're going to go to a break when we come back.
Speaker 2: Thieves caught on CCTV robbing from a Queensland home. They got in through the doggie door will show you that in a moment.
Speaker 3: Stick with us.
Speaker 2: Well, you've heard of the flying kangaroo, and if I used that phrase, you would immediately think of quantus, right, But the flying kangaroo is actually a kangaroo. A couple of landscape gardeners in Melbourne's North were just going about their business when a kangaroo bounded past and then lipped right over a one point eight meter boundary fence. One of the landscapers, have a look at this incredible footage. That is gold medal winning high jump right there now. As I said, the fence was one point eight meters. Kangaroos apparently can jump three meters. That rooted very well the landscape gardener. He sent this photo to his dad, and his dad got the photo and said and message back saying that's not really you're lying.
Speaker 3: What are you doing slacking off at work?
Speaker 2: And it was only when this guy sent his dad the video that his father can we see that photo one more time? That is an incredible photograph of.
Speaker 3: That Kangaroo's pretty good. He would not believe that was real.
Speaker 4: It totally looks photoshot. He does land him in the sky there.
Speaker 5: But remember Reagan the breakdancer at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: How famed Alien breakdancer did a.
Speaker 5: Move called the rou and she said went went like this, right, we should have just sent this bloody kangaroo to the Olympics. Go to the breakdancing, go to the high jump, to the pole vaulting.
Speaker 1: He could have won the whole bloody lot for Australia.
Speaker 7: I don't think you get points for jumping. It's all about being low and twisting around and brains.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure he could do a bit of that as well.
Speaker 5: You know, look if reagun he'd have my vote breakdancer.
Speaker 3: But before we.
Speaker 7: Leave you tonight, old mate has been caught trying to break into a property and park ridge using.
Speaker 4: The doggy door. Check out this footage.
Speaker 7: My goodness, you wonder how big their dog must be because that looks gindorbous.
Speaker 4: What kind of dog do you want to have a dog door that big?
Speaker 7: I'm sure anyone who also has a large dog is thinking twice about their dog door.
Speaker 4: He easily fits through. Where's the dog?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 5: I having a dog.
Speaker 7: He's probably just fedets and stay or something and is like ambling in.
Speaker 4: But how easy is this.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: If you are small enough to be able to get through a doggy door. This is why I've said we can't raise the age of criminal responsibility, because every kid in the country will be going through doggy doors raiding people.
Speaker 4: Fashion have hit it, we've inspired it.
Speaker 2: Listen before you go to bed to make sure you lock your doggie door, but.
Speaker 3: Don't go to bed yet.
Speaker 2: Coming up is The Reader Penney Show.