Speaker 1: I have a little story about that's your song. You're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show on Nova. I'll tell you next Chrissy's cliche. I'm going to get into a full Oscars rap, a post rap. But first seed that song, Oh year was it?
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's before that because when my No, that's not it anyway. No, it's before that because you know, on Friday night I hosted dinner and it was with my ex that I broke up with in two thousand, so it's before that. Anyway, it must have made okay, well, that's odd because maybe we broke up later than I thought. Anyway, we He was like, you always hated that song, and I said yeah, because you know, it was jealous. Nobody was ever gonna say, you know, don't you wish you was hot? Like mad? I didn't like it. Anyway. Leo came home really late from his from his social event, and you know, I wasn't mad at all. I was like, oh my god, yeah, he's home.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: So he walks in and then someone said I need to even are you gonna be mad? I said no, and then why would I be. It's his house, he's coming home. Yeah, And I said, someone said, oh, you're a cool mom, and then I broke out into don't you wish your mama was cool? Lack me?
Speaker 2: Don't you show don'cha me?
Speaker 1: I mean, we could talk about Nicole Schulzinger for ten minutes, but we must do a full recap of the oscars. Yes, now to me more did not win the Oscar. I mean, we can't be too sad. She won the other two awards and she's done well and done, and she's delivered some incredible speeches that no one will forget. But I would have liked it to get the Oscar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still feel flat for her. I think she secretly would have been quite flat.
Speaker 1: I think so too, because it feels like, oh, when am I going to get an opportunity again?
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: When Mikey Madison won it for Anora, a lip reader could make out that DEMI said, nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's something you say when you're not feeling great, but you know you've got to be positive. Amazing. Congratulations is what you'd yell out if you were.
Speaker 1: There's been sort of two heartbreaking loss footages this year with billy shopping and then to me more, I can't stand it. Speaking of not being able to stand, Kylie Jenna is being slammed because when she was introduced to Elton John, she didn't stand up. And apparently you've got to stand up. I mean, you should stand up anyway when you're introduced to anybody, but apparently, especially because he's a sur.
Speaker 2: That makes me sort of even happier. She did stand for him.
Speaker 1: She she wouldn't really understand, would she.
Speaker 2: She's very young, and she's they're very American, like they're not across all of that. Noah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also if you see the vision, she's sitting down. Timothy Chalomaye is sort of crouching, and then Elton standing. Elton's basically sitting down anyway the way he's leaning over.
Speaker 1: And also her feet would have been so sore, like you just don't stand for anybody, even Sir Elton. Speaking of Elton, he had an after party and Chapel Roan and he took to the stage. Now you can hear Elton singing barely, and he is. If you see the footage, he's staring at her mouth like what's the next word?
Speaker 2: I mean, the audio engineer did everyone a favor there by having his mic quite low.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed and did everybody a favor when he turned up the vocals on Chaperone singing Elton's massive hit Your song is as Verizon. Boys like you just don't. You don't want it to start.
Speaker 2: Apparently, tickets to that after party even if you were invited with fifteen thousand dollars? What?
Speaker 1: Why? Who's making that?
Speaker 2: I feel like it would probably go to a charity that Elton's organized. But like the likes of Kathy Hilton, Paris Hilton, everyone that attended had to buy a ticket.
Speaker 1: That seems a little bit mean. Never Tony Jones, the sports reporter, charge everybody twenty dollars in their head for a pizza. Pizza and I it's the same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's for the AIDS Foundation.
Speaker 1: Oh all, and that makes sense? Now I feel bad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just googled that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about. Yeah, he's big on that actually now. Fashion, Kim Kardashian wore a white Valenciaga ball gown. Everyone's trashing her for it. I think it is gorgeous and I feel like just anything she does people are going to go don't agree.
Speaker 2: Let's leave her alone. I don't know how you could fault that. I get that people are saying it's bridal, but who.
Speaker 1: Cares what it's the oscars like the rules are out of the you know, thrown out the window. It does look a little bit like a tissue that Leo's forgotten to take it out of his school trips, shorts that I have to take out of the washing machine. Zoe Kravitz had a bum out. I'm sick of that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that game. We get it, Yanker Sen, sorry did it at the Grammys. We don't need to see everyone new.
Speaker 1: It's just no thank you. And Julia Fox wore the most revolting dress I've ever seen. It was like clear mesh with a human hair applicuet. It looks like when you pull on a little bit of a hair in your shower and a whole big s a ferret tale comes out. It's disgusting. The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show. But Barlay Carl, what about.
Speaker 2: That Chrissy's clickbait?
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people wouldn't have even known that Dolly Parton was married.
Speaker 2: I didn't really, She's never really spoken about him in interviews that I've seen or that I've read.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she was married in nineteen sixty six to her husband, Karl, and he has just passed away. They were together for sixty years. Really essentially, they met in six, nineteen sixty four and married in nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 2: My favorite tidbit I've read Swan isn't they outside the wishy washy laundromat the day she moved to Nashville at eighteen the day?
Speaker 1: So she wasn't She wasn't even Dolly Parton when they met. Isn't that amazing? You know, it's incredible. So he was there right from literally the first day of her career.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was like famously shy, not shy as in, you know, personality wise, did not like the limelight. I can't to do any of.
Speaker 2: That, So just let her do her thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she spoke about him, you know, when it would come up. It's not that she denied his existence. So sad, So she posted on Instagram or someone did for or I assume Carl and I spent many wonderful years together. Words can't do justice to the love we shared for over sixty years. Can you imagine sixty years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be I can't imagine putting yourself in someone's shoes without that person.
Speaker 1: Now, I know, like that's really roughs, really rough.
Speaker 2: She's got a lot of beautiful people and friends around her. But I'm sure we'll rally around it.
Speaker 1: But how sad? Did you know that she wrote this song that Whitney Houston made famous.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, and I had no idea that there's even a version of her singing it until you told me this afternoon funny.
Speaker 1: I just thought everyone would know that. No, and Whitney Houston does a better version. As much as I love Dolly, Glad you said it and even Dolly says it. Oh yeah, yeah absolutely. Hey look sad. More sad news for people that love working from home. What Peter Dutton has said that if he gets in, there's going to be absolutely not one minute of it anymore. Everyone's back at the office working nat too fat.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a.
Speaker 1: Weird situation for me. I cannot I can't have an opinion on it because I've never worked from home radio. We're still to come into the studio. So I don't know what it's like. I don't know the pros, I don't know the cons. I don't know. I mean my sort of suspicion is that I would not be able to do it. I would not be able to work a normal job from home.
Speaker 2: The distractions of being home would definitely take over, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be like, oh, I've just got to do the dishwasher, and then I'll look at this brief or and then that would be I've got to clear that pile of washing. I just I would never be able to. I mean, look, I disme lid to people that can do it, But when I'm at home, I find it really hard to do anything that's not about the kids and the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, career really hard to do. List is in front of you. Yeah, I think it's a good thing. I think where it's twenty twenty five, it's time to get back in the office. I'm not sure if it's coming from a place of jealousy because we don't work from home, but no, it's not. I love coming into work. I think it's really important for your mind to separate work and home. I do too able to go home and be that that had that as a place of solitude and relaxation. I also think like there's three hundred and sixty five thousand people that will be ordered back to the office. You know a lot of those are taxpayer funded job.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well thanks to in the office you guys, Thank you, Thank you Steve for wang in. Can we talk about it tomorrow. I want to hear some different opinions about the end of work from home. People that are really sad about it, people that are sad about it because they really haven't done anything for the last four or five minutes and got away with it. Like I want like a moratorium.
Speaker 2: Let's do it some honesty about it. Yeah, Hey, Ricky, Lead, Tim and Joel are up next. Shout out to everyone in Melbourne that is going to Billie Eilish's first Melbourne show.
Speaker 1: Why do you Jack?
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I will see you here at two pm tomorrow.
Speaker 1: My morn will see Doug Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novopodcast dot com. Are you