Speaker 1: I'll get it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another installing the show. It's the You Project. We've got the bloody Irish connection. I haven't told them that I'm twelve and a half percent Irish. They'll fucking love me once I tell them that. It is, of course the You Project. David eccles, Tyger Connelly, Hi, boys, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having us. Yeah, it's great. You even swore so you're certainly Irish.
Speaker 4: Well that's a half percent of you, Craig.
Speaker 2: So yeah, my grand my grandmother's name is Molly Malone. There's not it can't get much more Irish than that. That's not even a joke, right, that's a real name.
Speaker 4: There's a given mecha make and you're bringing two of us in your podcast, so we could be in a bit of bother here.
Speaker 1: I think we could be all right. We'll start with you, David.
Speaker 2: Tell tell my audience a little bit before we start talking about w now uh and for those of you at home who struggle, just press the translate button and you might go and understand half.
Speaker 1: Of what he says. Tell us a little bit about you. Your background.
Speaker 4: Yeah, background is Irish, obviously, from the North of Ireland from a county called Tyrone, a small town called Oma. Lived over here in Australia now for sixteen years, married to a beautiful Australian Argentinian wife, Cynthia. Three young kids six, four and one. So I'm in the middle of it at the minute. Blessed of an upbringing in Ireland, in the North of Ireland, which we grew up in the middle of what we call the troubles over there, but it really surrounded me by community, amazing family, amazing community ship too was but loving living over here in Australia and everything Australia has to offer in the outdoor lifestyle so awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what about you birthday boy? Well some Yeah, my audience is seventy female and I wouldn't say a big ifl kind of following, but most people will probably know who you are.
Speaker 1: But give us the ty Canelly snapshot.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, my name's Tiger. If you don't know me, google me.
Speaker 1: Jesus. How happy is he with himself? Danny?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I do a bit of coaching, so I tell this to the younger kid.
Speaker 3: They're looking at me again, who is this bald old bastard trying to tell me something about football.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was born born.
Speaker 3: In County Kerry, a small country tongue called the Store in the West of Ireland. Family community. All the brother, younger sister, had a great childhood. Didn't have a whole lot, but have had a wonderful childhood. I was loved a lot. There's a lot of love in the house. And you know, we didn't didn't have a lot of weld, but we certainly had a lot of love. And it really influenced me as a young man to I supposed to shake me who I am, And then I thought was a big part of my life.
Speaker 5: My dad was bort success from a sport.
Speaker 3: My brother and I've got an opportunities, need you know, to come out to Australia playfl football and with the Sydney Swans. And I was looking to play for fifteen years. And I'm no married with a beautiful wife, Nicole, and three wonderful kids. That the apple of my eye and my apple which ways it go?
Speaker 2: Whichever way this is, I think it's I think it's appler you it's a good thing, you know, A fucking English teacher, that's for sure. I am twenty five twenty five years, twenty five years. You've been here, mate, You've you've got you haven't lost much of that accent at all, have you?
Speaker 3: Depends who you ask. I am sometimes when I do talk to my Irish friends and what's happening to you? But I slip into the Irish accent pretty quickly, I think when I'm talking to Irish people. But yeah, depends. In the football world, I've learned to speak a bit slower than some media work. You learned to speak a small bit slower like David, and I hasn't done all out of media working. I can I can see you kind of hooking in the small bit to understand the accent. But look, it's I'm a very proud Irish man, very proud of I came from. And I'm trying to instill that in my in my young kids, which can be difficult in Australian hostsols. But they're running around with roosters and rabbitos tops and swan stops and I'm trying to give him some kerry tops and Irish tops.
Speaker 5: So it's a bit of a challenge.
Speaker 1: Good luck trying to sell that.
Speaker 2: Hey, So we're not here to talk about YouTube Bullfeds, although we do love to know you backstory and we appreciate you both. We're here to talk about this amazing organization project. I don't know what we what do we call it, David? Do we call it an organization and outreach of project?
Speaker 1: What do we call it?
Speaker 5: What do we call w Now?
Speaker 4: It's been described as a movement, a little movement. We had a retreat. We do an annual retreat. We call it a retreat, not a retreat because Trey selling the retreat to a grip a man and they won't go on it, right, So it's a retreat, not a retreat. And they overheard about it, the ten of our fellows trying to describe what w and I is, and they were arguing about what it is and how do you sell it to your mites, But they landed on it's a man's health movement. They call it.
Speaker 2: Awesome And what's the what was the genesis? But firstly the name, I know what it means, but I'm so w now unpacked the name and what was the genesis for the movement?
Speaker 3: I've got David. W and I was formed just over three years ago with David and I. I've been going through a bit of a dark time. I'd lost my job at the Swans around the COVID period. I thought it was someone who was worth connected and.
Speaker 5: I wasn't. And until David started reaching out, and I was in a pretty dark place.
Speaker 3: Really, I felt like my life was played out in the public eye where there was a lot of media scrutiny around what had happened to me, and I was living in a nightmare on my own head when it really wasn't. But I wasn't going outside, and it was in pretty dark place, and it wasn't a David kept reaching out to me and saying, come on, let's go, Let's go for a walk, let's go for coffee, let's do it the exercise.
Speaker 5: But I kept saying now.
Speaker 3: But the persistence of a of a good mate dragged me out of the house and slowly started to turn things around. And from there we started really talking about well if I feeling like that, David was going through some stuff himself with his kids not sleeping and whatnot. So we kind of lenked on each other and walked through some pieces of true mates just being there for each other, and we both decided well, if we a feeling like this, let's do something about it, sort of trying to help some mates. And from there wo started around just inviting one friend and they invited another friend, and then it grew organically. And the name itself when no One's Watching is it's from my playing days. I was very good at being able to bluff what was going on outside the football field or outside the football club. And I'd get into my car and i'd get to the football club and I'd put the mask on and they the body suit on, my body armor, and I'd be all happy, go lookie, and I'd get out of the club into the can and I'd just take a big oh, thank God for that, and.
Speaker 5: I'd be myself.
Speaker 3: And we're trying to instill in men to drop the body armor when they get to the front door, to live your life like nobody's watching. And it's so important to do the right thing when no one's watching. And that's where the name itself has come from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome all still in a society, it's bloody amazing and it's good. It's good to see two young men out kind of connecting and opening doors and being vulnerable and sharing your story, especially when you're like you TYG, someone that people would look up to and know, but also at the same time big, strong athletes, successful athlete, but you know, dealing with your own stuff and being vulnerable and I guess authentic enough to talk to other people about that. Why is it when people when blokes come into the group, are they a bit standoffish?
Speaker 1: Does it vary?
Speaker 2: Do they?
Speaker 1: How does it work?
Speaker 2: Because I you know, I know a lot of guys are quite hesitant to open that door despite the fact that they need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: What happens on a So we meet up at Weddinson Organs twenty five locations, twenty one of them in Australia, four of them overseas at the minute, but everybody does the same schedule. On a Wednesday morning, we come down, we do thirty minutes exercise. The exercise is always at quite a its body with basts. Anybody can really do it. But that gets people moving, That gets people chatting. Shoulder to shoulder. We do sixty push ups because we lose sixty men of suicide every sixty minutes around the world. So that brings everybody back to the way we're here and then we pull people into the circle of trust. And the circle of trust is where somebody can step forward and celebrate something where somebody can ask for help or something that's on their mind, or somebody can share get something off their chest that they're going through at the minute. And people are kind of warmed up before they get into the circle. But I'm a Joe nobody right, and I stand and I look at you see people like Tag that step forward that we put sports stars in pedestal. Tag always baby oil his biceps and the shoulders up before going out onto the football pitch, and he looks bulletproof, you know. But when these people step forward and they go you know what, I'm just struggling a little bit because of X Y z it. I can see the impact that has and other fellows around the group, you know, and you're going, shit, Well, if he's got an issue, that gives me permission to step forward to go you know what, I'm struggling a little bit as well. Some people absolutely get it from day one. Other people they kind of come down. They might come down because of the exercise, they might come down because somebody's dragged him down. And then when you get into the circle. You can see them their heads almost exploding, going what the f is going on here? You know, there's still as stepping forward and speaking at six thirty in the morning about how they feel and what their emotions are. It's unlike any other meal environment I've been in. Like if I go back to going into the pub and a Friday night my mates, if I try to show vulnerability or weakness there, the lads will tear shreds off me for a week until somebody else is silly enough and unfurther commas the share of vulnerability. But here we celebrate. We absolutely celebrate the winds in life. But it's an absolute safe space where people can speak about the vulnerabilities and the challenges in their life as well. A monce fellows realize that they're going to be getting pats in the back before we get no water, or people are going to welcome here and the challenges they're facing. I haven't met a man yet that doesn't want to share his story. But it's just about creating safe and supportive spaces.
Speaker 5: For people to step forward and do that, you know.
Speaker 2: And so I guess there's not the right word, but all the right terms, but we'll go with it. I guess the therapy and the healing is just in the connection and the sharing and the being together. I mean, nobody's nobody's dispensing psychological advice per se, right ty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the sense, it's the connectivity piece, you know. I think in that demographics now we do have kids that come down with their dads and we've got grandfathers. You know, demographic is you know, from ten to eighty, but the majority of the mean that we have in the group already from twenty five to fifty five. And you know, they either get too busy at work, you know, they're separating the marriage, or they get too busy in the marriage and they lose their social connection. And when things got tough for our things fall apart, they're almost on their own and they go, well, what's happened to my connection and my social connection? And we fill the space around in the loneliness, the fact that so many men are alone, and certainly in Sydney with six million people, it's blown me away. The lack of the lack of I suppose that's what I'm looking for at the cold Face work for for for mental health, but also loneliness and connection for me.
Speaker 5: You know, if it's organized for me and we won't do it. You know, it's a free exercise slash social connection piece where you come down, do some exercise, share, have a bit of dipping the water, have a coffee and connect and it sets people up on the Wednesday piece itself. And that's the major connection. The major piece of w OL is the social connection. And then then there's offshoots of it. You know, there's guys that are into tennis, they're into poker, nights are into soccer, and the connection off building almost the club fuel on your Wednesday. And it's the regular piece that's the big attraction I feel for in the fact that it's on every Wednesday in twenty five locations around the country.
Speaker 3: Now that it's been organized and all you have to do on a Tuesday night is put your coffee order into the WhatsApp group, which creates the accountability piece in their mind, we'll have them Tuesday night.
Speaker 5: So now I've got to go on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: It takes am, rain, hail, a shine and then they're there and that's really the whole essence of it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so do you know what is really interesting, there's lots of research. This one surprised you too, blokes. But in the psychology space health wellness, you know, there's a lot of research out now that talks about the role of social connection, intimacy, not sexual intimacy, but just connection, belonging, all of that in terms of the health physical health outcomes. So when we talk about health outcomes, generally we talk about food and exercise and lifestyle and booze. And this fascinated me as a neuropsych researcher and an exercise physiologist that maybe the biggest influence on health outcomes and immune system function and resilience and sickness is being loved, being connected, being valued, belonging more than needing a shit diet. It's amazing, right.
Speaker 4: We Friendship, I think, is the mossunder appreciated aspect of holistic wellness or whatever it might be. So like doctor FAVEC. Murthy, the Surgeon General of America, has done a great piece of work around He said the biggest killer in America wasn't heart disease, wasn't cancer, it was loneliness. And the stats are all out there at the minute that if you're chronically lonely. Your life expectancy is fifteen years last. It's got the health impacts of smoking a packet of cigarettes today or having sex alcoholic drinks today. When I said that the tag that being lonely has got the health impacts of sex alcoholic drinks today, he said, so as metes, we can go and drink five points a day in the pub be healthier than if if we were lonely. Like you know, so there's an Irish solution for an Irish problem. I think, right, but it's so true. Like you know, I think we just want to bring back We want to bring back friendship and what it is to be a myth, you know, so like it's the biohackle life. If you want to live longer, if you want to live better, if you want to be able to deal with stress better, it's all about becoming better friends and being able to share with one another. I think, as man, we've been told to suck it up and the man up, and you bottle all these feelings and emotions inside yourself. That's what being a tough man is, you know. But that stress has to release itself somewhere, you know, and that comes That's where loneliness. That's where depression, anxiety, substance abuse, whatever it might be, that the stress releases itself in that and all the stats are saying, like the loneliest, the loneliest demographic of people in Australia a man from the age of thirty five to forty nine. That's where we start getting really successful in our careers. That's where we start having the kids coming in and we start becoming time poorer with ourselves. We start losing that circle of friends that we got in our teenage years and our twenties or whatever, and may become with liolence into ourselves. We're trying to make sure that if that's our main graphic of men, we're trying to bring back the midship and the friendship amongst men and try to make a difference. There's seven men a day that we lose the suicide sixty men every sixty minutes around the world. We say we would love in Australia if we can drop that seven to six and drop it the five. Just by bringing people on the beaches or in the locations and being able to chat with one another.
Speaker 3: We're ever more connected, you know, in the world's Italy, but wherever so disconnected and you look at certainly David and I come from smaller communities and upbringings where it takes a village to raise a person and that's in essence as part of w NOR, the community field and the local field that building the chapters in different locations or engage in local business, local Facebook pages, local people that go well it's here, or does the community based field to w NOR, the support is there if you need it, and you can see that coming through the conversations in the chats itself, and whether it's based against that I'm looking for a carpenter or anyone know, a choir practor or just the village piece and the community feel that we've lost in society, which we all need as human beings. We want that touch, that kindness, the community to support the people are there for you, are knowing that the there for you is a piece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we live in Sydney here six million people in Sydney. Sydney is the second and onliest city in the world after Stockholm. You know, Tiger and I both come from small towns of six to twenty thousand people. You know, and you say, like, if I look at my hometown Woman the North of Ireland, nineteen ninety eight. It was the last atrocity of the Troubles. There was a bomb in our hometown that ended the Civil War and there weren't enough doctors or counselors or sex to go around. So it was the community that healed. The community. The types of conversations that you were having in the furry clubs, in the schools and the pubs the cafes were really keeping meaningful conversations. Then come over here to a cety of six million people and everybody's running around and life is extremely fast, but we're forgetting the most important thing is to slow down and connect with one another and support each other in correct communities of care and lover around each other.
Speaker 2: It's amazing that you can be in the middle of a crowd and totally isolated normally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bigger of the city, the more isolated you can be.
Speaker 5: I think, you know.
Speaker 2: This is irrelevant, but I'd never been to Ireland until a few years ago.
Speaker 1: I had to do a gig. I do a lot of speaking and stuff, but I did it a gig in Tullamore. Do you know where Talamore is?
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: I did a half day workshop and what was hilarious was nobody knew me. I didn't know anyone obviously, and I was there for a couple of days and I just hung out and I walked around and people, I would say ten different families asked me to stay with them. They like it, but ask me, where are you staying? And I'd tell them and they're like, oh, no, you won't. If you staying there, you'll be staying with us. Like I'm like what, They're like, yeah, no, no, don't stay there, come and stay stay with us, Like I'm not stay thank you, thank you, but the warmest, friendliest And I'm not saying it because I'm with you two. I've never ever been anywhere where people have been so generous and so friendly. And it really bothered them that I was in Australian on the other side of the world by myself and staying in a hotel.
Speaker 1: They didn't like it at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a fellow from my hometown, sorry from Australia, but he's living in my home town and I don't know his name because he just gets called Arsie your story resonator because he came for a weekend and he's still living there twenty years later, and he's been brought in by the family and the community. I don't think he's everbought a I don't think he's ever bought a drink, and he just fell in love with the tone and the community.
Speaker 1: Do you think boys that.
Speaker 2: That like when we grow up as I mean not just boys, I think all of us, but we're kind of taught about you know, we need to manage our money, we need to manage our education, you know, real estate projects, career like, we have all of these projects, but it's like we don't know how to manage ourselves mentally, emotionally, socially, practically, which is why I called this podcast the You Project, right because I think, like, without trying to sound like a weirdo, by the time I was thirty three, I had five different businesses and I was doing really well. But in the middle of all of that, I was fucked. I was mentally and emotionally like I was doing well, but I felt almost spiritually bankrupt. And it was because I didn't know how to manage me, my mind, my emotions, my you know, my body to an extent, but all that social stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we don't.
Speaker 2: Really I feel like, let's just talk about blokes for the moment, but we live a little bit on autopilot and it doesn't really work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I think that are three kids in the minute. You know, I'm trying to build some resilience in by helicoptering as a parent, so you know, and I'm only learning from my parents, and I'm trying to get better as a dad, and I'm trying to learn and teach. Sorry, my kids do understanding of the struggles and how important it is to not get things your way, So they're getting the life lessons to be able to take care of themselves and understand the piece that life's not going to be easy for you. So you're trying to develop tools into young people and not just my own kids, but young people in general aren't how to deal with the struggles and the challenges are going to come your way, and we certainly don't do enough of it, you know, And I think you're banging on. In the school system, we do a lot physically to help kids, and even we could be a lot better a physical point of view, and in schools but we certainly don't do a lot with the mental tools of helping young boys and girls to develop with the stresses and struggles of life. And it's certainly an area that needs a lot of looking into because it's a it's a piece that's not being touched for mine, because.
Speaker 2: There's it seems to me, tiger like, there's there's a real balancing act between and between letting our kids fall down, you know, scrape their knees, build resilience, do hard things.
Speaker 1: You know, you ran the race, you came last. That's okay. I still love you, You're still my kid. It's all good.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're going to come first, Sometimes you're going to come last. It's okay, right, But at the same time, you know, we need to be loving and we need to be aware of their feelings, Like, what's that kind of as a dad, what's that that line that you walk between not wanting to molly cuddle them but also not throwing them.
Speaker 1: To the wolves.
Speaker 5: It's ardist balance and the hardest challenge I find in my current life. You know, I've got.
Speaker 3: About twenty jobs at the moment, but the most important one is raising my kids. And I find it extremely difficult to even at the sporting field or just a school piece with homework and the balancing act of not stepping in because you want to hug them and kiss them, and it's very difficult to do. And I get it, and I understand it because when your kid balls, I hurt themselves. You don't want to see them disappointed. But you've got to consistently remind yourself. And I'm consistently learning and educating myself around and what it means to be a better dad and a better man, constantly reading it, you know, and I'm consistently challenging my own thoughts on you know, an example, my middle boy very very in touch with emotions, and some people will say he's soft, and my initial tendency was to push him through this piece.
Speaker 5: And go, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: You need a tough enough And that was my own psyching, but in fact it was me that I need to be looking at no, I need to be embrace in this lovely young man that's in touch with these motions, that's caring, that's kind, And that's exactly what I've done, bestly true, just learning and improving myself as a person. So I've got that piece right from just look at myself to help my young finessing through and them and go, come on, you got.
Speaker 5: To tough and up and you know.
Speaker 3: And that's all I can say really as far as advice, and it's only I'm learning. David will continue to tell the echos to say, we're all as a dad, I certainly don't know the answers when I'm trying my best.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because in psychology there's a thing called the false consensus effect, and it says basically that we think others think like us, right, But obviously it's like us three are in one conversation, but we're not having the same experience because none of us are identical psychologically, emotionally, sociologically or physically. Right, So, and it's not necessarily about agreeing with but just understanding someone else's version, like what's your version of this? Because it ain't my version and it doesn't need to be my version.
Speaker 3: It's so good I find out court and courting your kids, and I could get frustrated and frustrated with a piece of I'm trying to teach them and how they're not getting it, and then understanding that piece of well, we all don't think the same or my kids are not going to be the same as me. But as parents who often think, oh, well, I'd love my kids to do this that, and we try and insteal what we think we would like as a what's.
Speaker 2: It called, Oh, that's called false consensus effect, But that is where you assume that other people think like you. But I'll give you a couple more terms that you might both like. So there's another interesting term. And I apologize to my audience who get bored with my bullshit. Right, But there's a really interesting area of research called metacognition, which is just thinking about thinking. Then up from that is another area called theory of mind, which is your ability to understand the mind of someone else, right, not agree with it, not endorse it, not support it, just understand it.
Speaker 1: And then this is probably something you'll.
Speaker 2: Find maybe the most fascinating, which is my PhD research, which is on a thing called metaperception, which is your ability to understand that you experience for others. So the question at the center of my research is what's it like being around me for the rest of the world, whether that's yeah, whether that's my kids, my wife, my athletes, my business, partner, you know, the people listening to this podcast. So me, as a professional communicator, educator, corporate speaker, I'm always trying to at least have an insight into what it's like for the audience in this moment.
Speaker 5: Do you become you become too self?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: So there's a difference between so some people misinterpret as oh, you know, do they like me?
Speaker 1: It's not that.
Speaker 2: It's not about insecurity or self loathing. It's about self awareness. Like, here's the thing, right, you might be expressing something to a bunch of athletes, young athletes tie and in your mind it makes sense. It's clear, you're articulate, it's not confusing. And you've got twenty young footballers. Five of them are fucking confused, five of them are having a light bulb moment, five of them are bored, and five of them are inspired. Because and it would be more diverse than that, right, because the only person in the group thinking like you as you. So the question the question is how do I share this thought or idea or message or strategy in a way which has the most resonance with this group, And that would be you could ask that same question with fifty blokes on the beach at a w now kind of get together, right. It's like, and I would say, you guys are already doing that on autopilot to an extent, because you're trying to You're not trying to make them be you or be like you. You're genuinely trying to connect and understand. So you do it somewhat naturally, I would think, But there's a whole raft of research around it. And in the corporate space, I'll shut up after this, but you might be interested. They are a fuck load of bosses, managers and leaders who are absolutely shit at this, and they essentially don't care what people think, which is a really bad strategy. So it's not being worried about whether or not people like you. That's a different thing that's in security. It's just about understanding, is the way that I'm communicating optimal for this moment, for this group.
Speaker 1: For this you know, whatever we're in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's flip flipping the mainset from being an ego centric main set seek and approval. I think to be in a service given mainsat rate and think, and I think that's where happiness comes in the service giving, not the seeking approval or the ego centric approach ate.
Speaker 2: Well, the moment that it's about you, then you fucked up, because especially with the work that you boys do, and I think like the question what is that Stephen Covey and a few others have said over the years like seek first to understand and then to be understood. So, hey, so how does it work? So you said, David, you said, there's twenty five chapters?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go yeah, twenty five chapter is growing by the week.
Speaker 1: So is there a leader for each one?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 1: How does it work?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: So we've we've chapter leads for each chapter, but the growth has really been in the last six months nine months. Like a little bit of the backstory is it was as Tag said, I have only two treats as a friend. It's consistency and being annoying. So it was me constantly trying to pull them out of the host to get thrown under the beach. And two became four became it became sixteen, but it was just in one location. Then we got a call from the New South Wales Mental Health Commission one day saying, hey, you guys coming to the award ceremony on Friday, and we didn't know. We didn't know there was an award ceremony, we didn't even know there was a Mental Health Commission. But she gave us our Community Champion of the Year and that cut the word out there a little bit. So people in Balmorle approached us about starting one the other side of Sydney, so we had to create a template if you want that they could do, because we couldn't be in two places at once.
Speaker 5: We've got a.
Speaker 4: History of saying yes to things and then thinking how to do it after I think you know, and then Bond II, which everybody knows in Sydney, started about eighteen months ago. Koogie, our fourth chapter, started the fifth of July, so this time last year and I'm not going to go through the rest, but it was a slowish start because we never intended it to be this But now that word has got out there thanks to the podcast like This and a couple of TV programs in the last in the last six months, it's really growing from from that four to twenty five overnight different chapters around Australia. We now have won in New Zealand, two in Ireland, one in America or New Zealand opening we have one kicking off in Cyprus. We've one kicking off in Dubai. We've required of assis done in Antarctica that want to kick one off in Antarctica. And it's just they're contacting us, associating with seeing, seeing what we're doing, going hey, that looks cool. Can we start one of them here? We appoint, We appoint that We kind of bring them through a little bit of basic basic training and the everyday man. Anybody can pick it up. Anybody can run a program. We support them. We've got a little pack, We've got a two pager which tells them what to do. We give them the exercise routine to do every week, and then we do a bit of coaching around the language which they should use throughout throughout the program. But two your earlier point staining and early in. We're not psychologists, we're not therapists, we're not doctors. We're just about creating safe and supportive spaces where men can come drop their body armor and just be their authentic selves for an hour or a week.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: And so I mean, on a practical level, if people want to get involved, how do they do that?
Speaker 4: The website is WNI w now dot com dot au. There's a big button in the middle of it to contact us, and they just send us an email and we'll get back to them within twenty four forty eight hours. You'll also see a button and it's saying about joining us at a w NI chapter. There'll be a drop down there about our twenty five locations that will get you into one of the WhatsApp grips and then you're in the family or the tribe from there.
Speaker 2: So well, boys, I think what you do is amazing and I genuinely mean that, and I don't know if I can help in any way, but I'd love to be involved or help you at the very least support you through the you project and our listeners. And i'd encourage our listeners. If you're a dude or you've got some dudes in your life who maybe would benefit from being involved, just reach out to the boys. Just go to the w OW website and get involved. But for now, Tig, thanks so much. Is there any parting message from you, sir, to any blokes who might be struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think in the now and the head Craig, you know, reach out to your mates FoST of all a simple text or a phone call. You don't know what people are going through, and often say it to the guys from chat and put your fine on and text that person that you've been thinking about because sometimes you think it gets too long in a relationship and I haven't.
Speaker 5: Got there, I haven't talked to them in three months, four months, gone too far. Just just fucking do it. It's the best thing you do. And that'd be very appreciative.
Speaker 3: And I think the world's full of great, great ideas, but not enough people doing doing shit and getting shit done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And David, if people reach out via the website, you or one of the team will get back to them. I reached out to you to have a chat with you too on the website and you, I think got back to me or someone got back to me really quickly. So if someone wants to reach out, they'll get a response. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's our mission, it's their mission to help a million man be better. Where we're about five percent of the way there at the minute, I would say, so please everybody reach out, no matter where you are in the world. Will help you get set up either join a W Night chapter or set you up with your own W Night chapter.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: All right, boys, we'll say goodbye Affair, but for now we really appreciate having the chat with me and connecting with our audience here.
Speaker 1: Thanks boys, Thanks craigat