Speaker 1: We've got every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Mate, oh what about this the ARJ Barker controversy. So basically, if you're not up to speed, what has happened is a mother has brought a nine month old baby into his comedy show at the International Comedy Festival in Melbourne and the baby wasn't crying as such, but gurgling, and Arge has argued the baby was distracting.
Speaker 3: Grizzling yes, been described as yeah.
Speaker 2: So in that moment he said, listen, I can't focus on what I'm trying to deliver for all the other patrons at my comedy show. So he has asked her to leave. This is a real conflicting one, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It is a lot and now I mean late yesterday to know, I'm speaking to a lot of my mates as well, and I feel like very much it depends one if you've got kids or not. Yep, but also too how maybe Torrant you are with kids as well, because a lot of people, I know a lot of people who just here even the slightest sound out of a child anywhere and they're like, now get.
Speaker 3: Rid of that child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine having a nine month old baby and being in a space where I'm like, I would like to go to a comedy show. Oh, we've said, baby, I actually can't think of anything ridiculous.
Speaker 4: So we live in West Croydon and it's an absolute treat to sometimes go to Queen Street Cafe. I went there on the weekend, but two times before that we got to the front before one of the kids started playing up and we said we're not going in there. We're not risking this, and you can tell the vibe a kid, We're just not going to go in there. Yeah, because we're goin to cause a saying.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's I don't know, it's a difficult one. It was strictly age fifteen plus. So how the child got into the venue is his argument. It's like, shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Speaker 3: What fake idea is that.
Speaker 1: Baby just flushed it on the way in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're good in small fifteen year old but hey yeah yeah. So I don't know as a comedian it would interrupt your train of thought, i'd imagine, But I do have to say this with well, I've interviewed archback over the years quite a few times when he's come here for Fringe, and I've been less than impressed, right okay.
Speaker 1: By his demeanor and his manner.
Speaker 5: Did you in fact, he's.
Speaker 3: A bit of a talk when was this? Did you bring one of your babies in at the time.
Speaker 2: I was trying to breastfeed and ar was like, you can't interview me.
Speaker 4: Text lines open I four double nine one nine, or he can give his call thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: Where do you sit on this one?
Speaker 4: Because immediately, yessay, I was like, well, come on, Arch, it's not that bad. But since all the facts were sort of half lined up and apparently made a bit of a joke, which is quite funny when the baby was grizzly, he said, oh, look, the baby's clearly saying get me out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not enjoying it.
Speaker 2: We do have Arch here trying to explain exactly why he did what he did.
Speaker 6: Doesn't take much to distract an audience, you know, when they're watching a show. And I worked on there's jokes, and there's timing, and there's posies, and so I made this decision. It wasn't easy because I knew it was really awkward for me. To be honest, I said, you know, I'm really sorry, but you know, the baby can't stay. I shouldn't have been in that position because the show is a fifteen plus show.
Speaker 3: So he has doubled down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely did.
Speaker 4: He's not leaving any sort of space for any other direction. But yeah, I made the right call.
Speaker 2: But I do think comedians in this space would have an opportunity just to laugh and have a joke with it. And I don't know, I don't know if you did the right thing or not. A lot of other mums got up and walked out in solidarity for this woman. But yeah, whether she would have she should have taken the baby in the first place, is the question.
Speaker 3: I guess, very very interesting stuff.
Speaker 4: All right, give this call thirteen and twenty four ten your thoughts on this one, because this is a genuine I reckon yesterday whenever when I was speaking to it was absolutely fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think.
Speaker 4: A lot of people yesterday straight away had their opinions. But then when you find out that it was strictly fifteen plus, yeah, I think that changes everything.
Speaker 2: And if you call on thirteen twenty four ten and there's a baby crying in the background, we will hang up on you immediately.
Speaker 3: We can't take that distraction.
Speaker 4: I've always said, as we all Joe's three things that you just cannot take babies too anymore. Of course, bucks parties, ye, don't take your baby to a Bucks parties. Also paintballing, no, just don't do it. But also bungee jumping. Leave them at home unless you have the breastfeed your baby at a Bucks party. It's just a strange one, isn't it. I've just worked out exactly what that could mean. Why is there a mother at a Bucks party?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're telling the story kinda Helene.
Speaker 1: Out, Good morning, Good morning, How are you good? What are your thoughts on this one? Did he do the right Dawn or not?
Speaker 7: Look, I don't think that the mum and the baby should have got in, firstly, but I'm a mam of five and I wouldn't personally take my children into a show because of that distraction. So given that saying that, I think that it could have been out within a different way, like publicly humiliating someone seems like it's the issue rather than the baby crying and gristly. So I think that you know, if they had a marketing team, perhaps that they could have discreetly had a conversation with mums yeah, and asked her to quite believe. But if it was me, I would have been if the baby was unsettled, made myself to excuse myself and went out.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing.
Speaker 2: The minute that you get your baby gets grizzly and starts interrupting other people. I try and remove my children from that situation. But at the same time, I sort of think she needs to be applauded for getting out and about and trying to go about her life with a small child.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and perhaps she didn't have a baby sitter option.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 7: Cool, But I guess it's up to If they're saying it's fifteen class, they shouldn't have allowed her to get in in the first place, or if she did get in, they should have honored that and allowed her to stay. Since Sinner's baby's crying, I think as apparently would excuse yourself.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Helene. Can you shut that baby?
Speaker 2: I've got to in the back at the moment, warn you we said he baby in the background. Absolutely, we would cut you off, lady, thank you.
Speaker 1: So much for calling.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm let's see from Arch Barker, he doubled down.
Speaker 6: Doesn't take much to distract an audience, you know, when they're watching a show, and you know, I worked on these jokes and there's timing and there's positive and so I made this decision. It wasn't easy because I knew it was really awkward for me to be honest, I said, I'm you know, I'm really sorry, but you know, the baby can't stay. I shouldn't have been in that position because the show is a fifteen plus show.
Speaker 4: It's it's a solid point. It's a fifteen plus show.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I get that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just we need to normalize breastfeeding, though. I think that's part of the issue here. It's women should feel comfortable in most situations. But whether that baby should have been at the comedy show debatable.
Speaker 3: Well does it matter if it's breast fighting? I don't. I think it was more so that was making noise.
Speaker 1: A Columbae Jared thoughts on.
Speaker 9: This one as a father of four. Look, I understand everyone wants to it out and all for this lady for having the power to go out and enjoy herself. But I think you've really got to choose your venues that you're going to and the things you're going to. It's clearly listed as a fifteen plus show, like did they sneak the child in? Like I don't know the same thing as staking a bottle of boos and to it first of all, or something like and to defend arch like should it really have been his job to make the mother and child leave? Shouldn't it have been the dorman? Like all black and look, I don't know the guy personally, don't know what he's like. I've never done interviews like you, Joe, but it's should have really been put in that position where he had to do it in the middle of his show anyway, Should it have been the dorman that should have done the job?
Speaker 3: Probably right, good points, very good questions.
Speaker 2: I'm also standing on stage being a comedian delivering jokes. It's a lot like that's my worst nightmare having to do that.
Speaker 9: I'm talking on air of you, and I'm petrified. Case of people like completely understand, like's done a very good chab to play professional. I'm just a trucktor like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: I think you could veer into the direction of radio if you want to do, Jared, that's how good your performance has been this morning.
Speaker 2: Jared, thank you so much for your call. Have a great day, Trish. Should that baby have been in the venue?
Speaker 10: No, we'll stop.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 10: Look, I'm a mother of three and I think my husband and I are amazing parents. All our children are in our twenties now, but we had three under five, and if we were fortunate enough with having no family, if we were fortunate enough to have a date night, I would do so much research and homework to make sure that my husband and I went out and had a great night together so that we were away from children. And again, if you want to if you want to advocate and turn it into this, oh my god, it's about breastfeeding.
Speaker 11: Hey.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're all in total to breast reread wherever we want, whenever we want. But that's not what this is about. Yeah, that show was fifteen plus and I don't even like Arjbaker, but I think he was well within his rights. But it's like the gentleman said before me, really, come on, guys, was it argest problem to deal with? No, it should have been everybody that set up that show that sold the tickets, that let them in the door. Yadi yadi, yadi YadA. So I mean hell trade kids under five. I was dying for a night out without the kid.
Speaker 1: This is a thing.
Speaker 2: I can't think of anything worse than going to a comedy show with a baby with a nine months old Like, surely if you're having a night out, having a stressful if you can get a babysitter stressful.
Speaker 3: Trish.
Speaker 4: We just spoke to you for forty five seconds, and what we can absolutely confirm is you're someone who gets straight to the point.
Speaker 3: We very much appreciate that.
Speaker 10: Yes, Ye're welcome, thanks to having me on God.
Speaker 4: You're so welcome, Trish, absolute legend, Ken Sensor text give you your thoughts on this. So for double nine nine one nine or gives care thirteen twenty four to ten. The debates will continue.
Speaker 12: Here's where you're waking up to adelaide the news today, regularssos.
Speaker 2: Top stories of the day. We need to go round the room in breaking news. Abby wanted to be a part of Bardo.
Speaker 3: Oh did you Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that was my lifelong dream.
Speaker 3: Never give up.
Speaker 13: Okay, you could be.
Speaker 11: East whatever they're called seventeen seventeen, and I could be Bardo and we could come together and be pop stars together.
Speaker 3: We could collaborate, we could Yes.
Speaker 13: Anyway, what's in the news.
Speaker 11: If you need some motivation to follow your goals and your dreams, because let's be honest, no dream is too big, then look no further than Adelaide's Catherine at Bentel Peg. So she has become the first person under the Australian flag to graduate from astronaut training. This is massive, like absolutely massive. So if you remember back in twenty twenty two, she was one of six candidates who were picked to go and do training over in the European Space Agency.
Speaker 13: She's now fully qualified.
Speaker 11: So what that means is that she can she's endorsed, or she can go on space flights and she can go on missions to the International Space Station. So she's a mother of two, she's thirty nine, she's from Adelaide, the nicest person that you probably will ever meet. She's lovely and she said, you know, it's an absolute dream to represent Australia. But she's also said to all the young women out there across the world, don't dream too small. Yeah, you know, if you want to go and be an astronaut. Be an astronaut.
Speaker 13: Incredible.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you talk about your role models, you know, please forget TikTok, Instagram influences, all that sort of stuff. He's a woman who's going to travel into space.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly right. I think that's what we need our young people to. You know, don't look at Kim Kardashian. Yes, the women who are in your backyard doing amazing things.
Speaker 3: Unupset.
Speaker 4: Look at Brian from me seventeen killed it all right, particular little.
Speaker 1: Listen, let it go.
Speaker 11: Can you imagine our collaborations? I reckon they would be quite good.
Speaker 3: Good straight to number one.
Speaker 2: Speaking of news, Oh my goodness, this is all over the news at the moment. US comedian Arji Barker has faced backlash and even reported walkouts at his show after he asked a mum and her seven month old baby to leave his Comedy Festival show on Saturday night. I'm really torn on this one. We'll talk about it a little bit later. But basically, the baby wasn't crying, but it was grizzling, and the mother decided to give it a quick feed to keep the baby quiet, and ARJ stopped down his show because he said he couldn't concentrate and it was interrupting his flow, so asked the mother to leave the theater.
Speaker 4: So this emerged yesterday afternoon in particularly Channel seven. We spoke about this a lot, Yeah, and in depth and clearly, and we'll talk about it. Like you said, after seven o'clock, I mean to love you to get involved his wealth twenty four to ten. But the opinions different in terms of whether you've got kids on us. Yes, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like there's two types of people, Like when you've got a baby crying on the plane, there's the person that tries to help, and there's the one that sits there and just stares the parents down, like shut your baby up. Yeah, it's a real devicey one, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you're choosing for the baby just to be in absolute usage.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trust me, my kids when they're a nuisance, I hate them more than you do, particularly.
Speaker 3: When you're a public space exactly. We'll talk about that a little bit later on you Susie.
Speaker 4: What about the World Antidoping Authority WADA is potentially about to go absolutely berserk on these Chinese swimmers.
Speaker 3: What twenty three metals potentially stripped?
Speaker 13: Yeah, this one's a big one.
Speaker 11: So they're going to hold a press conference after it came out that twenty three Chinese athletes were still allowed to go to the Tokyo Olympics and compete and they all, I think all of them nearly got medals or gold medals or whatever. So they could be stripped of them because they were tested and they had a banned substance in their systems.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, wait, so I'm not across this story at all? Is this retrospective? This has happened in the past these swimmers because.
Speaker 11: It's come up Obviously we've got Paris Olympics coming up, so there's been a big like we'll hang on a set. It's only just come out. Why are we only hearing about this now? They shouldn't have metals, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, seriously, I mean the message here is just be better at masking them.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I'm joking, don't take performs enhancing drugs.
Speaker 2: I think the message what Olympics it was, because obviously I've lived through so many of.
Speaker 1: Them, but there.
Speaker 2: The first one amazing.
Speaker 1: I wore my loin cloth.
Speaker 13: Coconuts on my boot.
Speaker 3: That was an Olympics too, I think, by the way, and.
Speaker 1: Then I had a wreathed around my head. It was beautiful. I loved every moment of the Rome Olympics.
Speaker 3: What was Casar like, Yes, this is definitely retrospect, so washed his space.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I had the point to that story, and I've lost it. No, can you remember there was one Olympics and there was a Chinese female swimmer standing on the podium and everyone was like, you've got to be joking and her.
Speaker 3: Lat's we're touching your hips.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 3: She was a brute.
Speaker 4: Shoot, she was huge, and everyone's like, something is going on here. And then yeah, surprise, surprise, they got done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, a revelation clean.
Speaker 3: I was the athletes.
Speaker 11: Good on some people though, because after a few lemonades, I can't even get on a bike and ride, so I'm good on them.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go, there's your post. A snooze at news.
Speaker 4: Jade's you know me, I'm really trying to find my way as a parent, and sometimes it's hit. Sometimes it's miss es. Mainly miss and if it wasn't for my wife Kara, during ninety nine percent of the work in terms of parenting, I would be absolutely you know what.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't want you to talk yourself down, but you probably spot on.
Speaker 3: Let's just be honest. Let's just be honest for a second.
Speaker 4: I would be laying face down in a drain pool somewhere with our car.
Speaker 1: I know your savior, absolute savior.
Speaker 3: And while that's happening, the kids are eating ice cream for breakfast. That's not good, is it. I clearly swear too much in front of the kids.
Speaker 4: And blessed car she says, we swear too much in the kids and we need to change our ways.
Speaker 3: But it sits me. It's one pcent me.
Speaker 2: So you're not just swear in front of your kids. You've sworn in front of my kids on a few occasions. Yeah in the car.
Speaker 3: That's because you know, telling me what. I'm a loudspeaker.
Speaker 1: You stitch me up, not on purpose.
Speaker 5: It's a whole different story anyway.
Speaker 4: So they've started dropping the F bomb, and what's even more concerning is they start using it in context when it makes sense. So it's starting to become a genuine part of their language. Okay, So we made up a new rule which is very much an old school rule, and I reckon I had it as well. If it wasn't this, it was probably the must in the mouth. So right, next person that says the F word, soap in the mouth and you've got to wrench your mouth out and we've got to wash it clean. Wow, very very drastic, and I think part of the kids are like, no, no, no, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you won't make it.
Speaker 1: Do you also give your kids the cane?
Speaker 4: What happens in the Hayes household is private and confidential. No, I don't, but I caught the cane. By the way, did you different story back at Beckham Public School? Did he really really used to get hit all the time as well? There's a lady by the name of missus Walker and she still terrorizes my dream.
Speaker 2: So on the hand or on the buttocks.
Speaker 3: On the bottom? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really absolutely, you got caned on the bottom primary school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, big time goodness.
Speaker 4: And that was early nineties. Yeah, and imagine what it was like in the seventies and eighties. What was it like?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 4: So I took Henry to the driving range on Sunday. He's mad in the golf at the moment, and Dad doesn't play golf very much, and Dad was just having a bit of a go at the driver and it just wasn't working. It just wasn't working. As one particular moment where Dad gave himself some really harsh feedback, and I think he said the F word twice right, and little eagle eared.
Speaker 3: Henry said, what did you say? Did you say the F word?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: And these kids don't forget, as you know. And then that night when we got home, Henry, out of nowhere said, in front of marmas well, and knew exactly what he's doing. You said the F word, and you said that if we say the F word, you're get to wash our mouth out with soap.
Speaker 3: So here you go.
Speaker 4: And he brought a soap spencer over its men what and pointed it towards my mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And this was one of those moments I thought, Oh jeez, do I lead by example?
Speaker 3: Do I say not tonight's son, I'm not in the mood.
Speaker 4: So I had to copy mouth full of soap, swish it around, and then spit it out in front of the sink and making sure that both my kids were watching.
Speaker 3: Really we go on that path.
Speaker 1: What sort of soap was it?
Speaker 3: It was one of those hands soap.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the really nice soap?
Speaker 14: Was it?
Speaker 10: Here?
Speaker 3: Smell lavender?
Speaker 13: Swear again?
Speaker 3: Quick score check please?
Speaker 4: It is currently eighty five in favor of yours, truly, big ol come back. You started the year so well and then you're really your form has been awful, But we had two weeks off, so I assume that you went off the Gold Coast to do this a little bit of a training camp, which you did because you were hassling buskers yelling out the songs that they were playing.
Speaker 2: See the look on my face right now, that's my mum. Look when my kids annoy me, that is my absolute mum. Look like that's enough Pleasantok?
Speaker 1: Kids?
Speaker 3: Are you are? You give me that look? Very very relicularly? What's all that about?
Speaker 15: Look, it's been a couple of weeks, so I'm expecting big things from both of you. As the official adjudicator. Jodes, I know you've been rehearsing. That's great, Hazy, Hopefully your ego has come down a nuts or two, we say, a wholesome fun family game of songs.
Speaker 8: A song songs.
Speaker 3: It's called confidence.
Speaker 15: It's called confidence, sweetie, Well Joe, speaking of confidence, this will get you going.
Speaker 8: First call of three.
Speaker 15: Today was Natalie from Happy Valley and she picked you Tea.
Speaker 1: Thanks Nat, I'm.
Speaker 10: Sure you were practicinging the break, Jod.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nat, And I appreciate your sympathy sort of selection this morning as well.
Speaker 8: I don't think it was sympathy. I think it was faith.
Speaker 3: And you can nervous you up by the way.
Speaker 15: Daniel from Langhorn Creeks on Team Hazy today. All right, it is the same as always. Three songs and over hits and throwbacks or chestralized. You just gotta get the best of three. That's all we have to do.
Speaker 3: Should we rip in?
Speaker 8: We should rip in song number one place.
Speaker 2: Jody cod like favor lovet.
Speaker 8: Hazy said his name first, Hazy what he gets?
Speaker 3: I believe it's cold play?
Speaker 14: Jones. I'm sorry, have.
Speaker 3: You forgotten how to play this game?
Speaker 1: I just got so excited that I know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I forgot my name.
Speaker 8: Do you know how much I wanted to pay that to?
Speaker 3: You hate me so much? In the spage, all right, the person in the world that likes you right now is Daniel.
Speaker 15: From It's not that I don't like you, it's just Jones just then looked like a kid at Christmas.
Speaker 4: She was really excited and I'll what she opened up in presents the night before and she got in trouble.
Speaker 15: That's for redemption, and I feel I'm feeling good about this one. Some number two plays.
Speaker 2: Yes, go on, I Want It that Way by Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 3: That was good. I was even I'll still be getting right now.
Speaker 14: Do you think that to me?
Speaker 15: That was the easiest one of the day.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I love She.
Speaker 2: Should have been a clean sweep but anyway.
Speaker 8: But instead we get an epic tie break.
Speaker 15: I love this song number three for that boy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the memory, Thanks for the memory that goes to joy Still it's all funny games that ins usely.
Speaker 4: But also how about that Danny boy.
Speaker 3: Wasn't already inflated in this space?
Speaker 15: That's a Wallace family pass for Daniel from Like Gone Creeks after the.
Speaker 2: Movies, Daniel, I'm sorry, Natalie, this could have all gone very different. I remembered my name.
Speaker 8: Just Judd.
Speaker 2: Why didn't I okay, I'm sorry, that's okay.
Speaker 10: You did your back.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yes, I wasn't quite good enough of it.
Speaker 8: You've set yourself up for an epic comeback story.
Speaker 3: Great arc wat.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves an underdog, don't they, don't they?
Speaker 3: You are very much sounded.
Speaker 4: I think next week you're playing about nine bucks my recent form.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you're so angry.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not angry.
Speaker 1: I'm just disappointed.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling so good? I just want to be generous. How about I give away some live golf k thanks for having on Hazy.
Speaker 3: I'm such anaker.
Speaker 14: He gets soup. Houston again.
Speaker 2: Friends, we don't have a problem.
Speaker 8: Please welcome to the Jody and Hazy Show. Danny Houston.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, Dan Houston, welcome back.
Speaker 5: It's been a while, it has it has. Happy holidays to you too, Thank.
Speaker 1: You so much.
Speaker 14: Dan.
Speaker 2: I was in Melbourne on the weekend and I was going to the netball not your football game, unfortunately, and we're so we were walking to John Cane Arena, which is next to where you were playing, and all the Pie's supporters were pouring out of the ground and I felt awful as a port supporter, and I felt awful for you as a player.
Speaker 1: It must have felt pretty terrible.
Speaker 5: In the aftermath, Yeah, did it was.
Speaker 16: We got off to a good start and I thought the piles hands might leave here, and then no, they stuck around to the end and we dished out and not so great three quarters to finish the game, and they played really well, and you know, credit to them, they were too good.
Speaker 5: And we'll chime bounce back this week.
Speaker 4: He said, what the hell, I'm just going to say this. I'm going to be very open ones, because that's what we do with you. Into the first quarter, they pegged it back to seventeen points. You thought, okay, that's fine. Porch is going to reestablish himself. In the second I was a channel seven.
Speaker 3: I went to the toilet.
Speaker 4: I had a bit of a sit. I came back and you were two goals down. A blink of an eye.
Speaker 5: That's Collingwood for you. I guess they can score really quickly.
Speaker 16: But you know, we looked at the game and we weren't good enough in a few areas and that'll cost you. And you know, when you come back from the to toil, it yeah, can look like that.
Speaker 1: I mean to be fair.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you go to the toilet for about twenty five minutes that's what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really sort of eased myself and I thought I checked my phone, thinking that will be about thirty, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: It's bloody pies.
Speaker 1: I'll get you.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're talking this morning about what you'd want to be when you when you grew up?
Speaker 3: A huge says off the back of it, I.
Speaker 1: Just sort of revealed that banel peg the astronaut.
Speaker 2: Like as a small child, who goes, I want to be an astronaut?
Speaker 1: Catherine did, sure enough.
Speaker 4: And we also listed in particular the things that I wanted to do and I didn't achieve any of them.
Speaker 3: But what did you want to be when you're.
Speaker 2: Can you please tell Dan what you wanted to do as a child?
Speaker 3: Wants to be the front man of seven Hours? Do you even know what he's seventeen? Is down?
Speaker 5: No c no cluote No, I guess, I guess.
Speaker 16: So now I did one of these sports player in some aspects, and you still absolutely love cricket and one of my favorite players was was Andrew Simon's and numb. My girlfriend Steph was talking to Mum and Mum's like, oh, can I tell you a story about Dan?
Speaker 5: When he was going up. He used to have this cat called Guardi and used to put zinc on him to.
Speaker 16: Make him like Andrew Simon. So that's what I wanted to be with, something like Andrew Simon's. But if it wasn't, I was going to make it my cat. Yeah, and now I play footy and the cat's no longer hear.
Speaker 4: There is no way in the world that we could have predicted that you were going to talk about putting zinc.
Speaker 14: On your cat.
Speaker 2: No, no, at least your cat never got sun burnt too.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no, that's true. Yeah, I can't be with an out those stories, mum in front of other people.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. But you always wanted to be a sportsman.
Speaker 5: Yeah in some aspects.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I need to ask you about something on Instagram this week, and so you've you've touched on your girlfriend who lives inter state. Yes, there was a photo on your Instagram story this week of her. Quite pretty predictable. Was that like a hard launch of the relationship.
Speaker 16: I reckon, I reckon it would be I reckon it would be a hard launch, not like the hardest, but harder.
Speaker 5: And then I reckon.
Speaker 16: There was a few soft launchers before, so that's yeah, strategically played.
Speaker 4: There you go, because what we will say we won't go into specific names. But I was upstairs Big Company five, double A and over. I think I saw all the girls sort of crewdit around and looking at your story of one of the comments I heard, yes, bloody hell, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 16: She is, she's very pretty, so very lucky man, which mate I actually had at my mate's wedding. So I was in the I was in the bridal party of my mate and she was in the brider party of his wife.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, a bit of.
Speaker 2: A classic bridesmaid story.
Speaker 1: How many months have you been to here?
Speaker 5: I've been saying for about close to five months, now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, isn't that interesting? He's like five months.
Speaker 2: It was my thirteen year at Adventistry today, and I completely forgot, actually the difference between a new relationship and an old one.
Speaker 4: Oh, in the absolute honeymoon face and secured Friday nights, big stage of course, ANSAC round weekend and also one of your old mates one hundredth roly for one plays hundredth game AFL game. Are you just going to give him a little cheeky one just to remind him of what it could have been, even though he got dere listed by the club.
Speaker 16: Potentially he's a good maid of mind and he plays down the other end of the ground, and you know, I might be a chance not to say a word to him all night. But you know, he did flag this hundredth game to us for a while if he played every game, so he'll be looking forward to it, no doubt.
Speaker 5: We'll try and upset it.
Speaker 16: And if we don't cross paths, I'm actually not too sure what I'll do yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, we have to let you go upstairs to five double A and break all the sales girl's hearts. So we've got to let you go. But thank you so much for coming in, and good luck on the way.
Speaker 5: Having cheers.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize today was a significant date.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what happened?
Speaker 2: So I just got a text message from my husband this morning and it said happy anniversary. Oh my god, thirteen years come on, thirteen blissful years for him.
Speaker 4: So look, let's just explain the roles in turns of who's the organized one and who's the one who's just a little bit of an airy fairy in your relationship.
Speaker 1: You can work it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I just want you to say.
Speaker 2: It, but I mean, actually, I'm going to put this back on him because was it written in the family calendar?
Speaker 3: So now you try to gaslight him.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, but it is his fault that I didn't remember the anniversary because one job right it on the calendar?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, So how did this conversation take place? Obviously the first message comes from him? And then what's your response back to him? Did you admit that you didn't know? Or do you play along the whole time? I was testing you this morning?
Speaker 2: No, I just played along nicely and I just said he said, it's our wedding anniversary thirteen years. That's a solid effort. You are very lucky, he is what he said to me. I said, happy anniversary. I am the luckiest girl in the world. You are also a very lucky man. Are we celebrating? And then he sent something back that I can't describe on it?
Speaker 3: What did he send back? What do you mean? What's going on here? It was a picture picture report like a love heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's run without.
Speaker 3: For mummies and daddies. Interesting leave you with that. Let's talk at Meghan Trainer because you'll know.
Speaker 14: I'm all.
Speaker 3: No, it's a real solid Bobby song.
Speaker 2: Do you have some real thoughts about Meghan Trainer's style of music that will leave them for off air?
Speaker 16: You do?
Speaker 3: Positive? I can't even remember, not overly positive anyway.
Speaker 4: She has a newborn and she's given it an outrageously Aussie themed name.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't call it it, given the baby.
Speaker 4: She's given him, thank you an outrageous Ozzy name. Think of the most I'm not going to say oker, but what are the names that you don't think that you would ever see a baby Australian ever?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 3: Bruce Bruce spot on Joes?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: His name is Barry Bruce.
Speaker 2: She's doubled down not just b Barry and b because.
Speaker 4: There was a little thing not too long ago as well about Barry's being almost extinct.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, one's calling their babies Barry.
Speaker 4: No. She also revealed as well that she was motivated by Bruce the Shark from finding NEMO names Bruce, and that's the motivation for making her little toddler. He will be Barry Bruce, and he will probably have no trouble in his class because he will be the only Barry there'll be no confusion, like with my kids. It turns out Henry and Charlotte were very, very proper the names. There's three Charlottes and Charlotte's litle or c class is.
Speaker 1: There really Yeah, a few Henry's as well.
Speaker 4: There's two Henry's in his class, so a lot of Charlotte goes by Lottie. We can genuinely identify her.
Speaker 2: There are some names that you just think we won't hear them again in a baby sense.
Speaker 3: I thought one hundred percent it would be Barry, But here you.
Speaker 1: Go, Bruce, Barry, Bruce.
Speaker 3: Some beautiful Bruces.
Speaker 2: When they're in trouble, Barry Brucece.
Speaker 3: We really got a double down. Some names that surely you won't see. You won't see it again. Ian like a baby.
Speaker 7: Ian.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine a little beautiful baby?
Speaker 15: Ian.
Speaker 2: I cannot begin to tell you how much you just read my mind. Then Ian came like to my frontal lobe right then, and you said it.
Speaker 4: Ian is the name of a grown up who probably has a little bit of a pot belly, maybe enjoys the side.
Speaker 3: Of tennis on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Slightly boarding, definitely slightly boarding works in the office good family man though is Ian.
Speaker 1: He is Ian.
Speaker 2: He also likes to dabble in chess.
Speaker 4: Yes, because he's a thinker. Yeah, he's a smart guy. What about a little baby Paul? There's no baby Paul's ever getting around ever again?
Speaker 3: Surely? Oh look at this, it's so beautiful. What's its name? Paul? Excuse me? I mean sorry, Paul? Is your baby in account?
Speaker 2: This is on the edge. But do you think there's going to be a lot of baby Darren's?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Okay, I'm not sure that Darren's on the hot list right now.
Speaker 1: I think Darren's been done.
Speaker 3: What about the Ain family? We're talking Kine, Shane, Dwayne, Blaine, all the Anes. There could be a few new baby Kanes. I reckon you think? I'm just not sure about Dwayne and how much goodness has Dwayne the Rock Johnson done for the baby name Dwayne?
Speaker 2: But also baby Kanes.
Speaker 1: They're controversial, Yeah, they're controversial.
Speaker 3: Now, thanks a lot, Cornsey, Can we do this some of those old school names?
Speaker 4: Do you know if someone who's got a baby with these original names which you thought were probably going to get extinct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, Please get involved this morning, those names that we just don't see anymore in babies.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Normal, that's a traditional name in itself, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Your daughter at Norma. What's her name?
Speaker 7: Beth?
Speaker 3: Beth? That's good? How old is Beth?
Speaker 7: She's fourteen?
Speaker 2: Fourteen?
Speaker 1: Is it Elizabeth or just Beth?
Speaker 3: Plain bear, plain old Beth.
Speaker 7: Okay, yep, she's the best, Jade best, And I'm yep, and I'm a normal Jane.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: That's nice at work.
Speaker 2: But you don't see many baby normals anymore, do you.
Speaker 10: No, No, I've ever come across one. The only normal is I've come across. Yeah, well, very very mature.
Speaker 2: Normal plumber, former head coach of diamonds.
Speaker 3: There you go. Of course, I was just about to say that you definitely weren't.
Speaker 2: You were not about to make a netball reference.
Speaker 1: Not any circumstance, Norma.
Speaker 4: Has Beth got any friends around her age that are also called Beth?
Speaker 3: Like? Is it a very is it a rarity? There is no?
Speaker 7: No, no, all.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to Amber. What's your son's name? Amber?
Speaker 7: My son's name.
Speaker 10: Is Paul as well.
Speaker 4: We were just you've got who as well, I've got a John as well, John and Paul, John and Paul, beautiful traditional names, I think.
Speaker 3: Radical name and you're just sort of straying away.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry we offended each and every one of your children.
Speaker 1: Just before.
Speaker 5: I got a bit of a modern one page.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey, and we'll take us through it. The motivation behind the name Paul. Where did it come from? Because she just can't imagine too many other eleven year old has been called Paul.
Speaker 10: There's not and he's got autism and he's very aware that he's.
Speaker 3: Only That's awesome. It's unique from his.
Speaker 10: Great grandfather that passed away before your pawn.
Speaker 4: Right there, you go, Okay, Ibby in the newsroom, you've got an idea for a very very good name which you don't reckon.
Speaker 3: We'll probably make comeback soon.
Speaker 11: I feel bad because a friend of mine, her partners, called this Nigel.
Speaker 3: I'm not a couple of Nigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great people, Yeah, but the old Nigel no friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also like Karen's, isn't it it's just been tainted forever.
Speaker 11: It's over In the UK, a pub held a festival because Nigel officially became extinct in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So are you saying that, no Nigels.
Speaker 11: No, nobody named their son Nigel between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty, so it was officially there's no Nigel all years.
Speaker 1: No Nigels.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Wow, yeah.
Speaker 1: So they had a party, they had a night.
Speaker 11: They called it a nige Fest.
Speaker 13: It's like Abfest but better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to Grace. What's your baby called.
Speaker 12: His name's Bruce Williams.
Speaker 4: Bruce Howlds three?
Speaker 2: Why Bruce?
Speaker 8: Grace?
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 12: I named our first child together, me and my husband, and we said, well, I'm going to name the second one, and came.
Speaker 2: Up with Bruce, right, And do you know any other baby Bruce?
Speaker 12: No, I don't. But he goes to childcare and there's Larry's and there's Wilfrid's and there's breads and they've all been bunched together together, Wilfrid and Larry.
Speaker 2: I love that little posse. There's Bruce and Wilfrid and Larry and they're all on the swings, just having the best time ever. Brilliant nanke you Grace, Hey, Theresa?
Speaker 3: Here you going good?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 1: Okay, hit us.
Speaker 12: Husband's names, Wayne, brother in law's names Albert, Albert.
Speaker 1: Here you go, what seriously, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: That's perfect, beautiful, strong, traditional names.
Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 4: So, have you got have you got any kids, Teresa, or if you had future plans three kids, any of these traditional names on the horizon, or we try something new and funky.
Speaker 7: I have three kids and their agent Madeline and Zachary.
Speaker 1: No cool, pretty funky? Oh goodness, May
Speaker 2: We genuinely apologize to all the people we've offended Their last segment,