Speaker 1: Get morning every day, adelaide, my really chat, let's chat?
Speaker 2: It is so time for a let's go girl scratch that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but they might want to go to the pharmacy on the way home and someone to check over that is.
Speaker 4: It's it's sort of spread. I was on my neck and now it spread all down my back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on your face too.
Speaker 4: I just assumed either hankering for a chick chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you.
Speaker 3: Walk into the National pharmacies, do they say just okay, what sort of rash we got today?
Speaker 4: Andrew, good to see you this week? What is it this time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Anyway, chick chat? Okay if you're just joining us for the first time. These are the conversations, the girly based that we have off air, and we're like, nah, you know what, let's have them on air. May as well. We've got Abby from the newsroom, who is well, it's a fluid situation. One week to single, one week she's not. Who's to say, where are we at?
Speaker 3: We say a single this week?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, And we've got beautiful producer Zoe And this is the reason for the chit chat this week. So what's happened You've had something significant in your life that we're only just now allowed to talk about.
Speaker 5: Literally, we're only just about to talk about it. I am going through a breakup, which is really fun and awesome.
Speaker 4: But it's all right.
Speaker 6: It's been a while.
Speaker 5: It's been about a month, and you guys have been awesome and very good supports.
Speaker 6: But it's time to accept talk about it and move on.
Speaker 3: God, you've got to this point quickly? Can I say, oh, gosh, well it's only been a month, but you're ready to accept it? Like, good for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, or at least I'm telling myself.
Speaker 3: Sometimes.
Speaker 5: But yes, No, I'm going through reasonably, as you guys know. Sudden breakup, yeah kind of, you know, nothing bad happened, nothing like that, but just kind of had that drug pulled out from under me. And I was a little bit lost for a few weeks there. But I'm feeling a bit better and so I'm ready to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So just describe when you say you had the rug pulled out from you. It was a Thursday night and bang blindsided.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: I just, you know, there was some issues and whatever and we were just chatting and we just decided it's not working. But that was not where I was expecting the conversation to go. And so one minute I'm in a very very pretty much very happy relationship and the next minute I'm back on my own again. So it was a bit of a shock to the system.
Speaker 6: Nothing negative.
Speaker 5: Still have a lot of respect and holds him in high graces, but the suddenness was quite painful.
Speaker 2: I think from an outside of looking. And the hard thing for you is he wasn't just your boyfriend. You guys were super tight. I can imagine you would have spoken three four times a day and then oh yeah nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I think it's the loss of your best friend is the problem, right, Not like the relationship's great, but yeah, I miss my best mate.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes like you have a day, you wake up, you're in a mood, whatever, and just to have somebody message and good morning, how are you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's tough not to happen.
Speaker 5: No, I missed my person, for sure, but I'm glad that you know we're on good terms and EIM and I find But yeah, it's very sad.
Speaker 6: But anyway, hopefully.
Speaker 2: It's shown you how much love and support you have around you. Definitely this is happening.
Speaker 3: I also want to say from somebody who I've been in and out of relationships and I haven't quite possibly found the one yet. But I want you to remember that just because this has happened, you are so worthy, You are so worthy of being loved, and you were so worthy as a person. I want you to remember that you are just so worthy of me.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. I literally can't even look you in the eye.
Speaker 2: And that is so nice for you to say. But I genuinely believe that, like if a relationship ends, if it is sounds so woo woo, but if it is meant to be, that person will come back to you and you'll find each other again. I honestly, honestly believe that. But on what Abby said. You know, we have this conversation. You said, I feel a bit worthless. You, oh my god, you are the one human in the world is so far from worthless. It's not even funny. And I feel a little bit sad that he doesn't love and appreciate what he had and he'll work it out one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Also, also, if you're looking for a rebound, you know a guy, oh.
Speaker 5: My god, get the general away from me. That is the last thing I need.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 3: He's actually really fun to hang out.
Speaker 2: Alright, God, And how typical, Like this is why you shouldn't be involved in chit chat, because how typical for you to take a moment and just try and find humor because you feel so acutely uncomfortable in this space.
Speaker 5: That has been the best part of this breakup is coming to work with you guys every day and laughing anyway. So I guess that got us talking yesterday about what you do in the wake up a breakup and what happens when your life is pulled out from under you, and if it's happened to other people as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure it has.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten, Please give us a call where you're blindsided and then you know, sometimes you find yourself in the gutter. God, volume of times I found myself in the garden. I thought this is rock bottom. No no, no, no, no, no, Joe's You'll find a way to reinvent yourself and you'll find another level of product.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you find a deeper part of.
Speaker 2: All Right, let's do this. Thirteen twenty fourteen. Have you been blindsided in a relationship and how did you pull yourself out of the hole. Let's go to Shelley. Hello, Shelley, Hello, how are you going good? Good? What happened with your breakup? So?
Speaker 8: We I was with a gentleman and you had three children, which we had. Over a couple of weekends, we went away to Queensland, a lovely holiday. We'd even bought a place together. We were to get live together. We worked together for two and a half years. We were friends before that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: Went on lovely first holiday to Queensland with the kids, yep, and came back and he said, I don't want to be in a relationship anymore. Ooh, Yeah, So I lost four people basically, that's awful. Yeah, it was pretty rough.
Speaker 2: It's all all the more harder, isn't it, Shelley when those kids involved.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I loved four people, not just one person. Not that I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That, you know, just.
Speaker 8: Losing one person is not hard, but yeah, it was definitely a big shock to the system.
Speaker 2: And so how did you pull yourself out of it?
Speaker 8: So my mom had left her partner, and my mom had some mental health issues and alcohol issues. She lost her partner probably about six months before. So I was going back and forth to her trying to look after her. So I actually bought the place next door to my mom, moved in next door, actually got to finally stop her from drinking from many years. Ye got her in a good place and she lasted another ten years. Yeah, and I when on holidays with hair and my cousins overseas. Our last holiday my mom and I together was to Hawaii. Yes, And during that time, while shelping her, I worked on myself and I realized I didn't need him to validate me. I'm in a really good place now. I did everything my mum wanted me to do. She always wanted me to join a band. Singing pink songs got me through a lot of it came out right at the right time.
Speaker 2: Is this your pitch for Pink ticket?
Speaker 8: Myself, that's the only thing I'm not. I'm not great money wise, but mentally wise, I'm fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's good. I love that for you. Thanks you so much, Shelley, Thank you for the call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean to be honest, So what by pink has been on rotation in the works, so well do you ask?
Speaker 2: Still a rock star? Thank you keep telling you that. Hey, Charlie, what haven't with your break up.
Speaker 9: Hi, guys, we were together for two years and what I thought was a happy, healthy relationship. He had three kids and I had two of my own, and it was all going really well. And then his dad. We weren't living together at the time, but I would go down there every week, and his dad came down from overseas and he ignored me for three days, and I already hadn't seen him about three weeks, and then all of a sudden, he messaged me and said, I can't do this anymore and I can't even give you an explanation why, and that was it. Never heard from him again.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So did you say a text message?
Speaker 9: A text message? Yeah, it was long, but to put it in short, he just rambled on and could not give me an explanation as to why. And yes, that was it. Never heard from him again.
Speaker 2: This is very sex in the city. He broke broke up with me on a poster.
Speaker 4: Yeah good, now, like mentioning in a good spot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm good. I'm only a young I'm a young mom. So I got two kids, so I think if I didn't have my kids, I probably would be in a lot worse position than I am, but they helped me through and you just got to take it day by day, I think, And yeah, I just took my kids down every day. It's took going to park this stuff that made them happy, which made me happy, and yeah, we all pulled through.
Speaker 2: It's probably it's probably good like that he showed his hand early and then you you know, save the kids from a lot of heartache as well.
Speaker 9: Definitely they kept asking and you know, where is he?
Speaker 10: Where is he?
Speaker 9: And there're only three and four? What do you tell them? But yeah, we're all in a happy relationship now and yeah we're all good.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 7: We're going to walk up Charlie and Chilly with some tickets to Hans at Disco Spectacular. Cluttony and Roye will park over the big shows this French tickets from Cluttony dot net dot au and hopefully the ladies can have a good time. And thank you so much for sharing your stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: I think the key takeaway is I need to look after something else so much.
Speaker 4: Just get a dog, get a door.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking a.
Speaker 2: Dog you can borrow.
Speaker 6: I'll take Sid yeah, yeah, or I'll take Laddie and Henry for a day out.
Speaker 7: I was going to say, Charlie said the best medicine with kids, So Joe's and I've got.
Speaker 6: Plenty of kids to share them around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best medicine. Or if you never want to have kids, that's the way to put you off our bit.
Speaker 7: To say that Jodie is excited is an absolute understatement for this.
Speaker 4: Return.
Speaker 2: It is the press release we all wanted to see Australia's most loved TV chef and host with the most mcgail my Stray is bringing big food fun to Friday nights.
Speaker 4: You could not have stuffed that, I know.
Speaker 2: How do you say his last.
Speaker 4: I have stuffed Miguil Miguel, Miguel Miguel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, Abby, you and I are going to have beef today.
Speaker 4: Is calling Miguel.
Speaker 2: Miguel anyway, Miguel. He's bringing big food fun to Friday nights in the tasty new series Ready Steady Cook from Friday eight to March seven, thirty ten. Oh yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: It to her network and she didn't think.
Speaker 4: Gale.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, I'm just going to sit back and wait for you to laugh.
Speaker 3: For you choke because it's going to happen. It's coming.
Speaker 2: I know, Ready Steady Cook, absolute staple. I lived in the UK for a little while a while, and we religiously watched the UK version. We tried to get tickets to be in the audience to hold up like the red tomato and the creek.
Speaker 7: Oh my very goodness. So for those who initiated with the Ready Steady Cook fraternity, what exactly happens?
Speaker 2: So basically it's everyday people compete against the chef. They get five ingredients and you get like ten minutes to come up with the meal, which is literally my house every single night, like jock of ingredients together, feed a family.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it?
Speaker 3: A chef on each side with an audience member and they go ahead to head.
Speaker 2: Listen tomato tomaso whatever. Anyway, Anyways, people competing with five ingredients to come up with the best meal.
Speaker 7: And you vote by either a red tomato ye or I always saw, I don't know if anyone else, but I always saw, what if you brought to the party a red capskin.
Speaker 3: Just just a really stir things half spanner in the works.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Friday Night's are set from now on end.
Speaker 6: How good?
Speaker 3: I'm not leaving the house.
Speaker 4: Things looking up as what things are looking up?
Speaker 7: I got thinking, though, some of those shows that you just wished in end you'd like to bring back, do you want to go first?
Speaker 3: As I had a really hard think about this, and the one that sticks out for me Offspring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a name Nina, Nina, Nina.
Speaker 4: She didn't didn't didn't we as a nation at fall in love with Nina.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I couldn't stand her to start with her, like, oh, she's this blubbering idiot. But then the more you get to know her and the more that you that's how she felt about us.
Speaker 2: Couldn't stand us things do blubbering, but she.
Speaker 3: Was this real blubbering like and everything you know, and you hit a coffee cup and then the whole world fools over. But anyway, but the thing that got me, and I remember this so clearly, spoiler it for anyone who's never watched off Spring, when Patrick, her partner, died.
Speaker 2: It was very messy in there, and we worked to is the pressure and to locate the source of the bleed and to suture the blood vessels. How was he?
Speaker 4: Can I God see him? We weren't successful.
Speaker 2: We did everything we could, but he didn't survive the procedure.
Speaker 3: Sorry, collectively as a nation, I think I cried. So I remember this. I was living at Brompton in a townhouse and we were all quite close together, and I remember the neighbor coming over and knocking on the door and saying, are you okay? Because I had cried so loud and so hard sitting on the couch. Yeah over Patrick and I still I still have text messages from like we were in a group chat my sisters and we were all just collectively losing it because back then you had to wait, yes, every week for a new episode. You didn't have streaming. Yeah, so for the days that's mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. Mine's a lot less emotional and intense than that would hope. So has anyone watched Upper Middle Bogan I with skydiving?
Speaker 6: It was incredible?
Speaker 4: Sounds great?
Speaker 7: Can we try the hydro plunts five thousand?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: No, We're gonna go watch Mum's skydiving.
Speaker 6: Go pro footage.
Speaker 7: What is it with your generation and reliving things that have just happened?
Speaker 4: What is it with your generation and reliving things that have just happened?
Speaker 7: Classic Dad real different vibes, real different vibes from Patrick dying.
Speaker 8: To that thought.
Speaker 2: It's so funny and the main character has got the pottiest mouth. It's fantastic. You'd love it. You've never watched Heavy.
Speaker 7: You've never watched it. I'm keend of start, bring it back to be honest. For me, it was absolutely the OC. Ah this too would come on.
Speaker 4: You're like, we're set, We're set for an emotional roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Was this Thursday nights? Iday nights? You got together with all your girlfriends? Did you watch the OC?
Speaker 7: Girl Friends, boyfriends, everything? We just got together and we were all in love with Ryan.
Speaker 4: Because he was such a bad boy. And then when he finally moved in.
Speaker 2: I want you to be a part of the family if you want to be. What if it doesn't work, what if something happens?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? You guys change your mind.
Speaker 7: You're a bad boy and you've seen some stuff. But she've got a good soul and that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks would eventually move in with the family. Who would have had No one saw that coming.
Speaker 7: But then Marissa died and you're like, oh, now, I mean this, I forgot about that she's carrying.
Speaker 4: It was like one of the final says, did she die? Corcrash?
Speaker 3: Want to go and have an emergency psychology appointment? I've been retraumatized so much this morning.
Speaker 2: But how often do you call emergency psychologist?
Speaker 10: A lot?
Speaker 3: She's on speed doe now she loves it.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking about the ocy.
Speaker 3: Sit down a hundred bucks before you leave.
Speaker 2: Thursday twenty four ten, get involved this morning? What TV show do you want to bring back?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just to reignite some of those real solid emotional feelings.
Speaker 2: Ready, Steady cook with Miguale is back in the house.
Speaker 4: I would show do you want to bring back?
Speaker 9: Call?
Speaker 2: Hey, Natasha, what do you want to bring back?
Speaker 10: A nurse Jackie.
Speaker 4: Doing anything for you?
Speaker 7: There Natasha at the start of the show, and you just saw all of a sudden you go to your happy place.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's good, isn't it? Yeah, Natasha, I only watched a little bit of this, and I just saw a couple of episodes where did she not like pill for the drugs from the hospital that she worked in?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, from what I can remember, Yeah, that's a classic nurse Jackieline.
Speaker 2: That's her form, isn't it. Thanks Natasha, thanks for the call. Kirsty from Oakden. What do you want to bring back?
Speaker 10: A twin Peak?
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. It's cursty just going to a happy place, Ursy.
Speaker 2: This just captured the whole planet at the time, didn't it.
Speaker 10: It was only epic as to who killed Laura Palmer, and then in the end it was because if some guy got taken over by an evil spirit or something. It didn't really finish the way I was expecting. Oh sorry, if anyone's not seen it.
Speaker 2: By the way, spoiler alert.
Speaker 10: Yeah, spoiler right back from the nineteen nineties. But still it was a good show.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was good. Thank you, Kirsty. Let's go to Sarah. What do you want to bring back?
Speaker 11: I would love to bring back Friday Night Live?
Speaker 4: Oh very good. Nice.
Speaker 7: Explain those for those who are a little bit uneducated, what this absolute perfect show was about.
Speaker 11: So it's a bit of a game show, I think from memory because I was a kid when it was on. It was the Big Brother House contestant and they had to do all these funny games and obstacle forces to try and win some prizes. But I was never allowed to actually watch the Big Brother stuff because Mum and dad said that that's not appropriate for you at ten years old. Yes, Friday Night Live was fine and it was just family fun.
Speaker 4: That was his best work. Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Can you remember It's a Knockout as well? They tried to bring that. That was the best out. That was the best show on a Sunday night. It's a knockout. That's the name of the game. Anyone, anyone see twenty four ten. We always have these moments on the show where I look around to blank face, isn't it So It's a knockout? Was on before I was born nineteen eighty five to nineteen eighty seven. Really yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Back when there were no color tvsy.
Speaker 4: Abby just restraining Again, honestly, who.
Speaker 2: Was tho scale my straight? I don't know who I want to kill more. Between the two of you, let's go to Zalie for what do you want to bring back?
Speaker 10: I want to bring back Around the Twist.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was my favorite show when.
Speaker 4: I was little.
Speaker 2: Can you can you sing us the song? The opening song?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm trying yep, I can't.
Speaker 7: Change happen religious It was bronzing wasn't it was a bronze and one of the main characters.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: Yeahs my favorite the kid, wasn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 4: I to watch it as well religiously. Rade show good, A nice little trip down memory lane, well made.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you. I was about fifty seven by the time around the twist came on, wasn't I know.
Speaker 4: You're insulting yourself. We didn't.
Speaker 7: What are we going on here? Like getting yourself before we get you?
Speaker 6: Come on, here's what you're waking up to, Adelaide. What's the news today?
Speaker 2: You wake up, you turn your phone on, you have a look, and you scroll through and you go, oh, it's too much information. It's overwhelming. That's why we need to go to news reader Abbey, who is the dawan of news and what you need to know first thing in the morning, just to condense things, simplify them.
Speaker 4: Go for it.
Speaker 3: I get up at three o'clock in the morning to help you all out.
Speaker 4: So that's why you do it. That's why you do it.
Speaker 3: You're let's talk about Taylor Swift because we don't talk about her enough. Travis Kelcey has reportedly left the US to join his girlfriend in Sydney. I don't know why I'm so excited, to be honest, I'm a little bit swifted out. But anyway, fun times ahead. We've got four concerts to go in her Australian leg of her Eras tour, so a lot of south As will be getting on the road or be jumping on a plane to head over for those who were lucky enough to get a ticket. So she's got four shows starts tomorrow night and hopefully we did Sir at the Tarrongazoo yesterday, so she was walking around taking photos and being a tourist, which is nice and fun. So hopefully maybe they'll come to South Australia for a bit of a you know, lover's retreat or something after she's finished.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't we put money on it that he's coming out here, know that he's coming.
Speaker 4: Out to South Australia. That pop into South Australia.
Speaker 3: I think they'll go Queensland because I mean I used to live there. Unbiased, but it is the best place in the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is how swift Mania, how much it's taking over. Last night I went to my one of my children's she's just started high school and they had a mass to welcome more than new families, et cetera. And the pastor last night was dropping in like Tyler Swift song titles. Yeah, So like by the end of it, he's like, you know, I hope you all had a good time this evening and there's no blank spaces left in your heart and all that sort of. I was like, Oh my god, this is Taylor Swift's just taken over pop culture. Yeah, and the House of God.
Speaker 4: That's unbelievable. She is getting to that sort of territory, isn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think I just made up a joke as well, based on carry O'Keefe. A car that passed the drives was a mate out of spaghetti.
Speaker 4: Does that work? Does that workouts? I think it does. I think it does.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, when we have conversations and we're like inside head thoughts and outside head thoughts. That was an inside head thought. Anyway, I'll try and explain it a little clearer in the break another day. An absolute douchebag emerges on Maps.
Speaker 4: So this was last she said Maps.
Speaker 2: So dinner party last night, Lauren was having a crack at Jack calling him out on his behavior, and he said something that had not only the fellow guests at dinner horrified, but also the experts. Have a listen to.
Speaker 4: Jack Lawrence, can mu muzzle your woman? Wow?
Speaker 2: If someone trying to think how I'd react if a man said that to me?
Speaker 4: Well, hey, Abs, can you muzzle your friend? How does that feel?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Mighty, call the police because I'm going to walk in there and do something I shouldn't to your face?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, isn't that rageous?
Speaker 2: That is I just certainly words you should never ever utter, and they are some of them that is so horrifically offensive.
Speaker 7: I'm a man who doesn't understand ques very well, but even I can work out that's something you should never do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when things like that happen on that show, I sit down and go are they genuinely trying to find love for people.
Speaker 4: Full of grog? As?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, that's true. It's four o'clock in the morning, those dinner parties go for out. But that is absolutely no excuse for that. I'd love to be an intruder. We'd go in there and figure out what's going on.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you would.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see it.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't start any fires at all, n be absolutely fine Newsy. Hey, guys, let's just wrap this up with a bit of cricket news. Did anyone watch the cricket last night? It was epic first t twenty between the Kiwis in Australia New Zealand three for two hundred and fifteen Australia four for two hundred and sixteen. They'd needed a four off the last ball to win.
Speaker 2: Who hit the four?
Speaker 4: Tim David was very very good? Oh, Timmy, he was thirty one off.
Speaker 2: Just ten Timmy David getting the job done?
Speaker 7: Which forty four on boys next ten twenty on tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 3: Oh, i'd see my calendar. Yeah, he definitely glued to the TV for that one four.
Speaker 4: Forty as Yeah, surely set your alarm.
Speaker 3: And that's forty that's ten minutes into my gym session.
Speaker 4: I have to cancel the gymrange.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was in Mass last night and I'm pretty glad I was because the cricket.
Speaker 4: Was one You guys taking the piece. What's going on?
Speaker 2: We love the cricket. On occasion, it's just too much cricket. I even knew you have to conceive that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when it's the wrong opposition, but it's against New Zealand. There are friends who we love to hate.
Speaker 2: Listen too much cricket, put a muzzle on it.
Speaker 7: That hurts. Oh what happened in my heart? I'm going to get straight to the point. When you're watching your favorite show on TV, and whether that's Home and Away or The Chase, are you using subtitles?
Speaker 2: I try to avoid them. They are destruction.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we agree on something. Oh what subtitles are a massive distraction for me too?
Speaker 2: Sirens sound effect there? Or I don't know, I've got this yep, emergency emergency.
Speaker 4: We agreed on something.
Speaker 7: According to a recent survey, around half of people reported using subtitles when consuming entertainment, so they get right in amongst them. The trend is even more prevalent among younger demographics, who are more inclined to activate closed captions disclose my mind. So it discovered that Gen Z individuals typically born between ninety seven and twenty twelve. Producers Zoey, We're notably more inclined. It's seventy percent to frequently use subtitles compared to older demographics. Millennials of course, born between eighty one and ninety six. That's me also exhibited a high likelihood of utilizing subtitles.
Speaker 4: Than the average.
Speaker 7: Respondently, gen x and baby boomers were the least likely to use subtitles regularly.
Speaker 2: Which category do I fall into, Andrew.
Speaker 4: No idea. I'll let you fill in the banks.
Speaker 2: I'm gen X, gen X, yeah, okay, not a boomer.
Speaker 4: You're not a boomer. You're so you're so defensive.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, because don't you gaslight me in the age of space? Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 2: Jody, you're so defensive, defensive because you attacked me. You're on the back between you and news reader Abbey, between the two of you. Horrific.
Speaker 7: You're on the back foot, all right, So just put the front foot out there and drive us, drive us for four instead of defensively just playing the way.
Speaker 4: Otherwise we'll come back and your wheat stumps.
Speaker 2: You're right, okay, I got it.
Speaker 4: Just be careful.
Speaker 7: So you're in this demographic which apparently seventy percent use subtitles, Zoey, are you one of them?
Speaker 5: Absolutely live and die by the subtitle, Although interestingly, like you mentioned about TV shows, no not on live TV only streaming stuff. Okay, yeah, big times. Only when I'm watching like a movie or a TV show or something on one of my platforms where they've pre generated the ccs when they're lagging on TV.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's the thing that will lag sometimes, doesn't it?
Speaker 6: Like Netflix and stuff?
Speaker 7: Well, Netflix is okay, yeah, because I'll watch it at the gym sometime and you just know, you just know it's not in real's lip, say it moving with the words.
Speaker 2: The closed caption on the news is interesting, is that? Yeah, it's a funny one of the old subtitles. I'm watching Griselda at the moment. Oh, yeah, the subtitle is very important on that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sophia Vergara great actress, but she speaks in Colombia and I'm like, I can't follow, so you're speaking in another language. Of course, subtitles are handy, but if it's in English, come on, use your brain.
Speaker 7: Yes, but also the subtitles will come up and it's like wind whistling through bushes. I'm not sure I need that information. I see the information I do need. Yes, I would love subtitles with some of the conversations that I have with my wife, Oh really, For example, when she says, yeah, you can do that, for sure, I need a subtitle pops up and says you definitely can't do that, You're going to get yourself in trouble.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Maybe one that says when Carl says to me at Christmas time, yeah, you don't need to get me a present on fine, I definitely need a subtitle that says, you definitely do need to get me Christmas gift because I've brought you upwards of four to five presents.
Speaker 2: Yes, I needed subtitles this week Yeah, when my husband said to me, I won't be here this weekend. I'm on a boy's golf trip. And you know about this because I wrote it on the family calendar. And if that was subtitled with the actuality of the situation, it would say I definitely deliberately did not tell you about the boy's weekend and I wrote it on the family calendar. And the absolute knowledge you don't read the family calendar, and now it's too late for you to do it a damn thing about it.
Speaker 7: Yes, And the best thing about that is Greg was like I stopped reading it halfway through that.
Speaker 4: Already got distracted.
Speaker 7: Battle of the Battle of the Bangers, A fierce musical contests for two people who in this space and absolutely despise it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, isn't it fiercest rivalry?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Okay. So this week's theme is the fringe yep. Okay, So I'm going to let you go first on this occasion.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: So it could be quite broad, yeah, given its fringe related.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're late, all right, yours isn't fringe related?
Speaker 4: No, it absolutely is fringe related.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: So there is a particular act happening right now, and abs if you could just jump in here, because I believe did you see them last night, the twenty seven Club?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 4: And how was it?
Speaker 3: It was good?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, different for me yep. Usually I'm a comedy gal. Yeah, but I quite liked it last time.
Speaker 7: So basically, and explain what it is. It's just a collection of some of the greatest hits from these people, these musicians who are in the famous twenty seven Club.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So your Amy wine House, Janis Joplin, there's a few others. But what I really liked is the fact that they sing, the performers sing their songs that they also tell the story right, And there's a gentleman there and he was wearing a red shirt and he had long, luscious hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, if he.
Speaker 3: Could get in contact with us and let me know what he uses more than that, just what products he uses, because he was just gorgeous. Really liked him.
Speaker 4: It was a dusty lace Stevenson, I don't know.
Speaker 7: He was beautiful anyway, no doubt at some stage you would have sung.
Speaker 4: This bring Nirvana, Come as you Are?
Speaker 7: You think a couple of pieces from Nirvana Vanas Yeah, famous musician in the twenty seven Club. Okay, so there you go, Come as you Are by Navara, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I can see that. Okay. So the brief force fringe yep, one of the most famous fringes in South Australia.
Speaker 4: Le's have a guess, one of most fringes. I need you talking hair. Yeah, okay, now it makes sense. You've just just leave it.
Speaker 2: This is the best bit. Sea does have an interesting fringe, does commanding combining seas, fringe, the arts, all things South Australian. That's how I've arrived at this destination. My friends. You're welcome.
Speaker 4: It's a play on words.
Speaker 3: It's a bit worried. He just looked a bit worried when the song came on.
Speaker 7: No, I was just trying to work out what the hell Jody was talking about, and I finally clicked that fringe is in hairstyle because I'm like, I'm looking at here, going see it Titanium. Don't you dare try and draw the long bow of sea being South Australian and the fringe being South Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's what we've done.
Speaker 4: There was more meaning to it.
Speaker 2: But also I mean, don't point out every time he looks confused in here. Otherwise would be here all day.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, you'd be here for hours. When you have.
Speaker 2: All right, jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page and please cast your vote for what you would like to hear tomorrow morning eight am.
Speaker 7: Shup Titanium by Sea or Come as you Are by Nirvana. It's a tight contest too, three to two in favor of the good guys.
Speaker 4: Me am I winning four two. Unfortunately not started well, but yeah, it's got very very interesting.
Speaker 6: We're going back in time on this Daisy.
Speaker 7: In Yeah, the Thursday edition of On This Day where we take you on a gorgeous little trip down memory lane, and you just sampled the delights of history.
Speaker 4: It's nice, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so beautiful and so gorgeously put together by you.
Speaker 7: You've eaten too much cheese. I'm perfectly honest on this trip. Just calm down and as I said, sample the delights, but not all the delights.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to say.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to say, I want some of the cheese, please.
Speaker 2: I know I should cut back on the Kenbeth.
Speaker 4: Nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 7: On this day, that is the twenty second of February, James Blunt was born in Wiltshire. Must say that right, Wiltshire, England. Today's fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday.
Speaker 7: You know what, if you don't like ms Splint's music, that's fine. Your love his work on Twitter because he claps back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sure does. So if you're going to dish it, prepare to take it from the great man. James Blunt.
Speaker 7: Nineteen seventy five. Drew Barrymore was born in La California. Today is her forty ninth birthday. Happy birthday to missus.
Speaker 2: Julia, Oh, Julie GOOLI are the greatest name of film of all time.
Speaker 1: It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 6: I am Julia Coolia.
Speaker 7: Nineteen eighty one, New York Times published its longest ever sentence, which comprised of one thousand, two hundred and eighty six words. You know, sees some people getting interviewed and they don't know how to wrap it up. Yeah, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's most definitely like my mum and Colleen on a phone calls like, okay, Mom, I'm going to go the kids going nights bather and she's like, okay, okay, okay. How did Summer's ballet go? Mum?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so where that's crazy. We're going to go number one song on feb twenty two. In twenty sixteen, love this song too. Zane Pillow Talk really followed up with much Insane.
Speaker 4: He's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: He's good on the lip though. Remember he came out and said he was the most successful member of the band since they all split.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then Harry Style said hold my leotard, sweating
Speaker 4: Will go soun