Speaker 1: Hi, it's Lucky Dip time. It's now Li's mom. Gee this there's your podcast yee the Hello, Hi, Hello, everyone, welcome to like a Dip episode. It is now, it is Monty and we are here today to give you just a random morsel of a podcast you nibble on with whatever you're doing. Yes, it usually pictures kind of a school pick up, like something just a film. This is a filler, it is.
Speaker 2: And it's also something that you can go back and listen to all the different ones because there is literally something for everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh there is, because they're random. It's a lucky dip. You never know what you're going to get. Just the other day, I was thinking, and I've spoken about this before, like I'm forty four, I'm like at the point in my life where I'm not done with my career, but my career is pivoting, and what does that pivot look like? And sometimes that fucking nasty voice is like, you're done, You're done. Everything is you know, it's too late to create anything, And and then other times I get really inspired. I'm like, now, fuck, no, I could do this or this or I'm going to do this, like I do know stuff is ahead I don't know what yet. I don't have the full buzz of going, oh, that's what I'm going to give a crack next to. But so I was looking at people who had success later in life.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, when I say later in life, there's not that many that have done a huge amount after forty, like they're forties, I should say it is around then where they have their pivots and stuff. I know so, but it's not to say you can't create it anytime in your life. But these are people who are really successful that it took them later in life, yes, before they made anything of it. Okay, so we all know Vera Wang, who, on a side note, terrifies me. She's so unbelievably thin. I don't follow her, but she chops up in my feed sometimes she's I forget how old she is now, but she'd be close to eighty. I would say shit. Anyway. I don't follow Vira Wing, but she pops up on my Instagram feed a bit, and she's usually kind of dancing or just modeling something by her pool or whatever. She terrifies me like that, such an unhealthy woman. You can't look at her and go she's in a good mental headspace and she's seventy five. That's what terrifies me to you, and it's like, oh fuck, you're eating a body issues can follow you to your death.
Speaker 2: Like I'm really hopeful that when I get older, I'm just gonna let myself blow out. Yeah, I'm going to just be just let myself eat all the cake, just hairy legs.
Speaker 1: And I just just think it with all low Nah. I just don't think it really works like that, you know what I mean? You think, oh, yeah, now when I'm older, I won't care, but we definitely still care. Anyway. So before she became, you know, the head of the bridle in Just Street, she worked in fashion and she had a stint as a figure skater. So I shouldn't like talking about her body is obviously fucked. So she obviously has always had like, you know, an athletic body. But anyway, so she never made it big ice skating, but she did have a stint in it, so Faverra, it all started in nineteen eighty nine when she start when she designed her own wedding dress. I think she had a budget for herself of like ten grand or something. It was a lot and she designed her own and then she opened up her own bridlehouse in New York and she was shorty. Wow, so that's quite a lot older to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, but like what it's almost like why should it matter? Wouldn't you think the older you get, Yes, especially when you're talking about midlife, you're at that point where you've acquired so much knowledge, you.
Speaker 1: Stick find so much to your prime. Yes, But I do also think it's when you're younger with it, you know, and you've got kind of less going on, that's where and you've got your mojo to really get your hands dirty. Like I don't want to get my hands dirty anymore that much.
Speaker 2: Oh see, now's the time I feel like I want to get my hands dirty because I always worked, but I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home, but I stayed home with my kids. Yes, and I'm like, oh, I gave it all. Then now I'm like, oh, now's my time.
Speaker 1: Now's your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of women are like that too, for sure. All right, Harland Sanders, did you know that was the colonel's name?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did not know that. What a random name anyway, So he was a complete failure. Who got fired from dozens of jobs, like dozens, that's a lot of jobs to get fired from. Before he started a restaurant that failed, and then when he went out of business, he found himself broke at the age of sixty five. Shit broke at sixty five. But then things worked out and he started his first Kentucky fry and sold it as a franchise in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 2: Puck, that's too late.
Speaker 1: That's too late. You want to be chewing with the fucking pina colada in your hand, then to be starting a business. You want side spin offs maybe, but not the main fucking course. That's slight.
Speaker 2: Five. I have so much respect for people who because so many of the world's most successful people have failed time and time ago, time and time before they've cracked it. Yeah, I would like fail and then just stay down.
Speaker 1: Yes, same, Oh that didn't work, then mind, I'll give that up. The next couple are actors, Okay, So Samuel Jackson, he was forty six. He was in recovery from addiction to cocaine and heroin when he got that job alongside John Travolta in pulp fiction. Bullshit, that was like he's kind of make it roll like he's done bits and pieces before then and now he's gone on to do a bucket load of films. But yeah, hell, drag at it.
Speaker 2: I mean role to start off with that monologue, not monologue, but that Ezekiel twenty five or sixteen or whatever that he delivers before they assassinate that kid in pulp fiction is like such a perfect bit of acting.
Speaker 1: So he was really young when I saw that. All I remember is I want the blue Betty pancakes. Oh yeah, And I just didn't really get it. I remember everybody did. I obsessed with it, and I remember going, yeah, I love it, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were too at this, We were too young.
Speaker 1: And also how he had to stab John travolt had to stab Uma Thurman in her chest because she odeed like it was traumatic.
Speaker 2: Do you know they shot that in reverse? I think I've told you this before. They shot that scene in reverse because you know, he's got to bring it down onto her quickly, like he didn't want to hurt her. He was scared, so they shot it in reverse. Oh that's so coral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love that. Good on you. Next one is Steve Carrall. Oh. He didn't have much success on screen until he was cast in The Forty year Old Virgin in two thousand.
Speaker 2: That's a funny movie.
Speaker 1: One of the best of all time. He was forty three that year. Was he forty three when he played that role. Yeah, And then he went on that year to also play Michael Scott on the US version of the Office.
Speaker 2: He's been so good in that He's had so many like iconic sort of roles where you could someone could be pigeonholed, like, oh, that's them forever, but he's gone.
Speaker 1: On any kind of thing. Yeah, because in What's the Morning Wars? He played a serious actor in that.
Speaker 2: That really upset me his role in that, because I hated him by the end of that, yeah, And I was like, oh no, but I really like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that bit sleepy and stuff. But god, forty year Old Virgin. I'm going to rewatch that. I was gonna I just was about to watch it with backson and I'm like, oh no, I'm not watching that with my thirteen year old. But there's one of that Bad Bosses with Jennifer Aniston in it that is fucking brilliant.
Speaker 2: My husband loves ith got all that so funny? Yeah, step brothers.
Speaker 1: What's old school? Oh my god, there's so many great ones of like those kind of guys.
Speaker 2: Just silly, just funny and silly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I love it all. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, so still gives us hope. Guys, if you're sitting there going what am I going to do? You can get up and you can fucking do stuff.
Speaker 2: People know what else you can do. You can make sure that you give us a five star review, right, five star rating, Write a nice review, because maybe then by the time we're sixty five, I'll say finally.
Speaker 1: They after thirty years. They were overnight thirty year success. Anyway, thank you for listening, and yet please share the podcast with anyone who you think would like it, and yet give us a rating and we'll chat you soon right now.
Speaker 2: Love you,