Speaker 1: Quick getty morning every dayDay, Lady adelaides.
Speaker 2: Your father. He's on your moneyless Jody and Hazy. Six forty nothing not six forty all thereabout six a chance for us just to really delve into some of those files which we probably shouldn't touch it, particularly a little bit later on in the program.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly right. Six forty just feels right. It feels right to get a little bit blue.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go straight into it as blue as against public sex acts. That's what we're talking this morning. Wow about this for an article, A young couple were caught trying to get hot and heavy on board an easy Jet Flish by some other passengers and were subsequently taken off the plane. Brad Smith, who's twenty two, and Tonia Sullivan, twenty, originally from Wales, of the dirty Welsh, was seized by police after the easy Jet pain touchdown during a flight back to Bristol.
Speaker 3: Way to taint an entire nation also of dirty Welsh. I mean, based on what mate two people that had on a plane.
Speaker 2: Every single person I've met from Wales is one. It's just a dirty bit.
Speaker 4: How many people have you met from Whale?
Speaker 2: Six six girls from Wales. After the plane departed, passengers could reportedly hear Smith telling his partner to wake me off, which she then followed by covering his lap well several coats. According to The Sun or Other people that were unlucky enough to catch a glimpse of the public sexual acts were a mother and her teenage daughter, who reportedly claimed that she saw Smith's bits. I said Smith's bits, not Smith's chips while his girlfriend was at work.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, hasn't made that request.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, I don't know everyone in the city. Don't applaud okay, producers, Zoey, yeah, Joey, don't applaud that.
Speaker 4: Oh my haven't made that request. I'd be like to it yourself my job.
Speaker 2: We don't do that because we're wholesome men.
Speaker 4: That's so cheap awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I how blue? Can we get?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: First of all, who uses the term like? Who says winked me off? He me off here? That's not a thing?
Speaker 4: Was that your best Welsh?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and that's why he's a worlsh absolute dirty b public sex acts? Can you introduce produce a flak just for a quick story?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you caught your best friend, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 1: I was over at his house for dinner and yeah, it was a lovely night. Left got halfway home and realized I'd forgotten my mass for medicine.
Speaker 4: I mean that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He started wheezing in the car.
Speaker 1: So thought I'll go back and get it pulled up, started to walk towards his front gate, and I've never been so scared in my life. When he jumps up from behind the hedge with no shirt on and goes, don't come any further, and I kind of froze. I'm like, hey, I just came to get my mass of medicine. I left it here and he's like, I'll get it. Go back to your car.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he was in the front yard with his partner at the time. They thought it would be fun to do it in public in the front yard.
Speaker 2: Front yard law section.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think here frontyard, go backyard for good. Mistake.
Speaker 3: And secondly, if he was aroused, the words I forgot my asthma medicine quickly took the wind out of his sales.
Speaker 2: Should we pick it back up? She's like, I'm already fully closed. Narcissists Jode's They're everywhere.
Speaker 4: Aren't they.
Speaker 2: They're scary.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is one of the words that's been bandied around like too much. Like you can just be in a bad relationship with a bad person, it doesn't necessarily mean they're a narcissist.
Speaker 2: Well, can you, in your eyes, your thoughts what a narcissist?
Speaker 6: To me?
Speaker 3: A narcissist is someone who is never ever wrong and they have absolutely no problems deliberately manipulating people.
Speaker 2: That's a narcissist to me, I think, is in every situation, it's about that person. Yeah, no matter what is going on, Yes, they find a way to make it about them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they always find they're always interested in what other people can do for them, not what they can do to make other people better.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I think we agree on this, yeah, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've met a few you agree on.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying about. A doctor has talked about the bird test and how it might be something you can use if you're unsure whether your partner is a narcissist or not. Now the bird test here it is okay, So if you're with your partner, then you say you just saw a bird. You then watch for their reaction about this thing you deemed important enough to speak about. Theory, if they're interested in you and what you're showing interesting, then they'll respond with curiosity and want to know about the bird. On the other hand, if they're not interested in engaging with you about this bird, it could be a sign as they just passed up a moment to interact and connect with you. Okay, So there's probably a few variations here. So if you're driving along and your partner says, hey, look at this bird, you should be like, oh, yeah, I want to see the bird too, because you want to see the bird.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then it might depend on tone as well. If you're like, oh, look at this bird, and what sort of bird is as well? Could you be in danger? For example, well look at this bird. It's a magpie. Watch out that sort of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I reckon if I said to my partner, I just saw a bird, one of three things would happen.
Speaker 4: First thing, he would have left.
Speaker 3: The room before I said I just saw her, because he's not the best listener and he's known to walk out mid conversation.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that could happen he's three thoughts ahead at all times.
Speaker 4: Yes. The second thing that could happen is he'd be like, good bird chat.
Speaker 3: Or the third thing that could happen is his head would swivel if we were driving in the car, because he'd be thinking like, is the bird a woman?
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I've seen this. So that's another test as well. If you say to your male partner, I'll check this bird out and he goes, oh, what's she wearing? You're a big trouble. That's a different He in fact, is a dirty birdself. Okay, so fuel that with a nacist test. So there you go. I hope that was helpful, Jades. It's been quite the journey for you. What's onyon?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Zam?
Speaker 2: You are not a zombie? You are a beautiful women woman rather who is suffering from shingles at the maiment. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for your unwavering support in this space. So over the last couple of weeks since I contracted shingles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're now the post a child for shingles.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't mean to be. I just fell into it, but they did. Okay, this is our evolved.
Speaker 3: The advertiser said, well, should shingles vaccinations be free for everyone?
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, if it can help people avoid.
Speaker 3: This shingles plague, then that would be wonderful because it is honestly one of the most painful things I've ever endured.
Speaker 4: And I am not alone.
Speaker 3: I've been contacted by so many people, so many people have slid into my DMS.
Speaker 2: To everybody who has slid into my DMS, let me just address you here. Thank you so much, Thank.
Speaker 3: You so much Sport for your support with the shingles and everything it's in touch. No, there are so many younger people who've had it, and I just think if we can all get vaccinated and avoid getting it, it would be great, because the long lasting effects aren't great.
Speaker 4: To be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, and you know what, I'm like, I'm quite active. I've been just on the couch the last.
Speaker 2: Three weeks smashing biscov.
Speaker 3: Yep, you had to add that Indian biscof is the cure for shingles, and I will lead as much of it as I have to to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: So you're in a fight to make it a free vaccine, Well, say.
Speaker 4: I'm going to fight.
Speaker 3: I just thought, I think it's a good idea to be vaccinated, and it's very expensive.
Speaker 4: It's five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: You're in a fight and you become very aggressive in this space. No one can stand in your way. Where's it at in terms of taking it to the health minister?
Speaker 3: I did just okay, So there was just this article on the paper that said that I have approached the Health Minister Mark, but I haven't. I just said it would be a good idea to be vaccinated. But anyway, he's responded, So.
Speaker 2: Why do you hate Mark Butler?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not Mark's he shifting off to a high power stop it.
Speaker 4: I don't hate Mark Butler. He's a very nice man.
Speaker 3: But our bows in my sight's next tis.
Speaker 2: What I need to say, though, is you did the media rounds. Yes, say, you spoke on five double A, which is a very very prominent intelligent radio station. With that with really intelligent broadcasters, it's not a nickname basis with these guys.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that until afterwards.
Speaker 2: Oh, you spoke to the great Matthew Pantellus, who behind the scenes such a lovely guy. We call him pants. I'm not sure about calling him pants on air.
Speaker 6: It is expensive, isn't it. I think it's five hundred bucks a shuttle similar.
Speaker 5: Pants, and I think his trip to the urgency department cost me about six hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you for your time, Jody, and good luck at the doctors today.
Speaker 3: Let us know.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a GP outgrade.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll be interesting to know if you can still get the vaccine, if it is going to do anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't okay, And Matthew's like, don't get her on again calling you.
Speaker 3: As I was saying pants, I was like, is that an internal nickname or is that something I should be saying on the hands.
Speaker 2: Also, with your chat with Matthew Pantellis, you couldn't get out of the car quick enough. So for me, it's all about time priority. If you can lock in some of these media interviews, don't be doing it while you're doing odd jobs.
Speaker 7: It can mess with your vision and all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if that.
Speaker 7: Thing could be available to everybody, then that would be a good thing.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 6: All right, So well, the call out you've put it to the federal minister, the health minister.
Speaker 4: Butler directly or I didn't call up Butler, No, there you go.
Speaker 2: What were you doing? What was so pressing? I had to get in or out of had.
Speaker 3: A GP appointment, thank you very much, to find out if I could have the shingles vaccine, which turns out I can't. I gotta wait twelve months. But as the worst thing was as it flipped over from my car system and you know, it comes off right, and then Nova started blaring I'm on five double A, I've got no oven coming out of our speakers.
Speaker 2: Pants is like you weren't speaking to him. He was getting this in the background. Yeah, anyway, Pants, it's really it's really fineful shiles, really key for a vaccage.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Day three of the school holidays. It can be an enjoyable time for the teachers, and it can be a stressful time for parents because we love our kids. It's so so dearly, so very much.
Speaker 4: They are a lot, They can be a lot.
Speaker 3: So we are hosting an exclusive screening of Harold and.
Speaker 4: The Purple Crayon.
Speaker 3: Plus you get popcorn and drinks at will Our Cinemas, and of course you've better believe the Essay time of big screen magic and entertainment.
Speaker 4: Mitchen mount Bucker no longer the.
Speaker 3: Piccadilly or cinemas dot com dot au. But if you would like to go along with that, we want to hear how and where the school holidays have gone pear shaped already?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's happened when we're day three and we sit at me like, why did you do that? Put it down? Put it down, Lotty, put it down. Those sorts of situations where you're like, look, I love the kids, but if we could just accelerate the school holidays slightly, have you ever so grateful?
Speaker 4: Lotty? Put down your eight month old brother Sonny?
Speaker 2: She literally does that. We have to stop her from carrying him around, no stop. He's almost bigger than her. And now he's getting to the stage where he gives us some feedback. Yeah good, it's absolutely gibberish, but clearly he doesn't like the situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lotty, read the room, Read the room, lot Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten, please get involved. And there's how the school holiday has gone pear shaped already.
Speaker 2: Also, on top of that, I'll say this, if Harold and the Purple Crayon doesn't win an Academy water at least two, I'll eat my hat. It's a great it's a great gratefully yep, go what's gone wrong? Day three of the school holidays? Would take you? Calls next thirteen, twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: What's happened already on the school holidays? Where's it gone? Pear shape?
Speaker 3: It was a beautiful Instagram post that produces are we found from one of her friends. And it's a picture of a car dashboard and the time is nine thirty six and the caption is kids decided at nine pm they wanted to sleep at nanny's house for a couple of days over the school holidays.
Speaker 4: Best believe. Thirty minutes later, we're on our way.
Speaker 2: I mean, the kids want it, so you just want to provide for your kids.
Speaker 3: And how's that moment as a parent where grandma goes, oh, yeah, that's fine, you can drop the kids at my place.
Speaker 2: When will you be here? Daniel has it all going with the little ones. Yeah, it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Four year old there? Full of attitude?
Speaker 7: Yeah, a four year old almost five year old daughter. She's at that stage where you guys probably know any where everything, no, everything screaming.
Speaker 1: She's not hungry.
Speaker 7: But she's hungry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And when did she develop this propensity to scream and kick and carry on a while ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, seven year old son. He likes to stare her up a little bit as well, So it's good.
Speaker 7: It's a little bit more fun to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's good in that same sort of mix. I've got an almost four year old and an almost seven year old Daniel, and that's what he likes to do. He just likes the bullshit buttons and all that. She is literally kicking and screaming. Yeah, she'll kick him run.
Speaker 4: Up, yeah really yeah? Right, what the fork?
Speaker 2: What the fork?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: What the fork is happening?
Speaker 3: Okay, So basically we're going to talk this morning in What the Fork about names that people call you or nicknames that people call you that you just.
Speaker 2: Go wa the for shut af Yeah that's okay. So can I kick you off with the bloke who owns Willow Ben. He's a bloke by the name of Benny, and he's just this beautiful man, larger than the laugh type uprighter. He calls me champ, but you love Bennie. But when he does it I like it. So how come when some people call you champ, it's really get a champ and it just gives me a nice little warm feeling. But if other people call me champ, oh no, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: If I chamt to you? Whack me around?
Speaker 2: What depends on I don't think I do that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: You at least rest of me to the ground.
Speaker 2: Different vibes, so shams out for blokes, sport tiger, all those types of things, very derogatory.
Speaker 3: I get my back up when I walk into a any sort of retail outlet, whatever it may be, and the girl is young.
Speaker 4: Enough to be my daughter, and she's like.
Speaker 3: Hi, han, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not your hon.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not your hon, your mother. I could be your mother, I could be anything, but I am not your hun. Oh man, that's annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you start asking you questions immediately, don't you.
Speaker 3: What about when the guy that you work with gets like super patronizing and he drops.
Speaker 2: A little we're talking about producer flak roight.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no, and he drops a nickname that.
Speaker 4: That you just bristle at, and it makes you so so angry. We press that little button there something that.
Speaker 2: You call me the blue one with nothing on it. Okay, it's called being competitive sweety, Oh right, of course, all right, I understand that when I call you sweety it fires you up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you get it?
Speaker 2: Really sort of fires?
Speaker 4: You understand it, and yet you do it anyway? Okay.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty fourteen, let's do this morning. Names you hate getting called get involved.
Speaker 2: Matter if you're an adult and you're like to your three year old or your six shild like, just just call me dad. So right now I'm getting called bro by my six shar old. My six year old son calls me bro, and my three year old calls me hazy. Still what we tested lotty last night? Ye bloody? What's my name?
Speaker 4: How long?
Speaker 3: Ms?
Speaker 2: Okay? Great, I appreciate that. Thirty twenty four to ten. The names that you hate getting called will take your calls. Next. We'll put you on the standby list as well. If you get yourself on air to Olivia Rodrigo, Flight's commodation everything in Melbourne. Nice, all right, go on, give us call less weirdy thirty so he calls after Miles Smith for what the fork? The fork?
Speaker 4: The fork.
Speaker 3: Some of the names that people call you in a public space and.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh my god, would you just call me?
Speaker 3: It's like when you walk into a retail space like a sports girls, I mean then and the twelve year old behind the counter is.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, hun yeah, don't don't you hunt me?
Speaker 4: Do you hunt me?
Speaker 3: Oh? Quick?
Speaker 2: Quick?
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 2: The best one that I've seen recently. Yeah, I think we've spoken about this was after a Port Adelaide loss.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Somebody got on social media and went to town on cane corns something always cane corns. What's you got to say about that? Blah blah blah, and Kane responded saying, hey, muscles, I've just been on radio Portray hours. What's going on? Would you call someone muscles muscles whether they have big muscles or not? Very derogatory?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it would have that person with whatever size muscles questioning if they.
Speaker 4: Were muscley or not.
Speaker 2: Sorry, muscles was going on?
Speaker 3: I just got a text from a girlfriend saying, thanks babe at the checkout is the worst?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Yeah, that's topho. That's exactly what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: And if what is it that you get called that you hate?
Speaker 7: Girly?
Speaker 5: Girly can't do girly fifty two years old.
Speaker 7: Please don't call me gurley.
Speaker 3: I mean, particularly when it's from like a sort of sort of middle aged gentleman.
Speaker 4: It's just and even.
Speaker 5: When they're getting a little bit aggressive, it's like, excuse.
Speaker 8: Me, girly, and it's like, oh.
Speaker 4: Gurly, that is so patronizing, isn't it? Good morning? And then what do you get called that you hate?
Speaker 2: So my name is Shannon.
Speaker 7: And then someone, as people always say to me, is it I for call you shand I'm like absolutely.
Speaker 4: Not, absolutely not. No, no, they.
Speaker 8: Add the nasal noise with like sham you know you call you Shan.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can, Shannon. Thank you so much. Physical really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Oh this is good. It's a great opportunity just to real event because for the most part you feel like people are just trying to be nice. Yes, but it comes across so derogatory and let's be honest, society in Australia, you're a sensitive bunch. We're a sensitive bunch.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Olivia Rodrigo hates being called Olivia.
Speaker 2: Rod Regaez, do you reckon or do you reckon? That's ever happened before until right now, probably not Catherine.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, guys. How are you good?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: My name is Catherine and I have two So basically, firstly, I don't like being called Cat because one I'm not an animal. And then two I work in like customer service and like I'll talk to people for the first time and I just automatically call me Kathy, and I'm like, I don't know, you don't shorten my name.
Speaker 2: So Catherine, can I call you Catherine? Is it Cat? Is it Catherine? Are you a full time Catherine? Is there anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm crazed.
Speaker 8: But my dad was like, your name's Catherine, needs to be called Catherine. So it's kind of just stuck with me my whole life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: If anyone ever calls you Kathy, like I'm calling my dad what about Cathy?
Speaker 8: Oh No. The thing is I think Kathy automatically aged you like twenty years and so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank You'm so nervous for blokes out there, like I'm just trying to light in the movie in situation. It's making so much worse.
Speaker 3: Boys, it's going to Philip. Good morning, Philip, I'm too. I'm loath to shorten anyone's name, which I do all the time to call us.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm just realizing, off.
Speaker 2: Filthy, what's going on? Yeah, how you guys doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, We're good.
Speaker 3: You called someone something?
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, I mean I used to be a metro bus driver and you know I was very laid back, you know, and I'm Australian, so I called everyone mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know, I've had had no issues with it all up.
Speaker 4: Until this point.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: This guy must have had a real bad day because you got off the bus and I said, I have a nice day, mate, and he lost the plot. He carried I'm not your mate, don't you call me that? Rah rah rah, carrying.
Speaker 6: On like a pork shop, And as I'm looking at him like, well, I've got another name for you, but I can't say it.
Speaker 2: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Everyone calls everyone made in Australia.
Speaker 2: So if you don't know someone, you call them mate. What are you supposed to phil, what are you supposed to call them? You call them cocko instead or something. It's just ridiculous, exactly. It mats an Australian word. It's what we call people. It's just how we are. And I don't know this kind of lost it.
Speaker 4: You've done nothing wrong in this space.
Speaker 2: Sounds like we're been a really nice bus driver too.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you want to talk to your dog, a little bit of advice, new research says, slow down. That's right, you heard me, Slow down if you want your dog to understand you.
Speaker 2: I love a two way conversation with my dog. What's he thinking?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So the research shows that a dog's comprehension of human speech relies on a slower tempo. So, despite not being able to produce human sounds, man's best friend is capable of responding to human speech.
Speaker 4: So this is the thing. Human speak at a rate of about.
Speaker 3: Four syllables per second, whereas dogs comprehend about two syllables per second when they bark, our wolf and wine. Okay, so my takeaway from this is my dog Sydney is absolutely no chance of understanding my husband because he's about he's running about sixteen syllables per second.
Speaker 2: What's about Your dog's about three hundred words behind for each sentence.
Speaker 3: Let's do this this morning, and I know it's very niche and we might get people prepared to do it, but we will put you on the standby list for Olivia Rodrigo. If you are prepared to give us a call this morning and do your best dog voice, well.
Speaker 2: Look, that's putting someone in a very, very vulnerable position. So I feel like said, if you want people to call up and put themselves in such a spot where they could really embarrass themselves, why don't you lead by.
Speaker 4: Eximon Why did I know you?
Speaker 2: Because quite regularly you talk to us about how you speak to that small little thing that is your dog sort of thing. It's a little brown fluffball.
Speaker 3: It's a little beautiful toy kkhodle. And I do find myself. I think when I walk through the front door at home and I see here, I get a little bit excited and there's a bit of a dog voice happening. So for example, when she bounds to the door and she looks at me, I'll I'll be like.
Speaker 4: Hello, Sydney, Hello Sidney, who's the most beautiful dogg oh in the world at Sydney.
Speaker 2: This is giving me shivers up my spine. And it's not a good thing. A thing.
Speaker 3: Come on, there's gonna be other people who want to join in the front thirteen twenty four ten. Gives your best dog voice. We have someone who works up so sometimes answers the phone for us. Her name is Georgia. She speaks to her dog in a voice that just has to be heard to people.
Speaker 2: Liz, I think was this taken from her instagram? I think we ripped this from her instagram?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Is her talking to her dog Munny, mister lesh money. Do you hear the days little.
Speaker 3: Money god money.
Speaker 2: Is Mister Wick was like, why are you making yourself sound like like an unhinged witch?
Speaker 4: Good mind, misters, very normal? All right, I can see we've got calls already. This is good.
Speaker 3: Real loses progress thirteen twenty four ten. Get involved your best dog voice.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is going to be a very interesting space if you're brave enough to do it. How do you speak to your pets? Give us an example next thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: People might be proud of the way they communicate with their pets.
Speaker 2: So here's a fun fact. It turns out if you really slow down you speak when you're talking to your dogs, they actually better understand you.
Speaker 4: Oh you speak even, which is just crazy one the other.
Speaker 2: So when people actually speak to their pets in that ridiculous voice, it's actually doing good.
Speaker 4: You call it ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I mean you had you had a beautiful dog that you loved so much who departed and went to the doggy heaven in the wars in the sky.
Speaker 4: Yes, bless you never used to speak turn a certain order.
Speaker 2: I speak to her like my best friend. I really liked it. And now we've got this cat. His name's Houston. He's a good cat because the kids just absolutely man handle him and he puts up with it. But he's just so obnoxious. The other day, car I got angry at me for having a human conversation with him because he walked me something I'll call him for a dickhead. You can't call that cackhead. So I probably need to dumb it down a little well with some pets, Bee.
Speaker 3: And probably just be a little bit kinder to the cat, is all I would recommend. Let's go to Shelley, because we are wanting people to give us their best pet voice. This morning on thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Hi Shelly, Hello, how are you good? All right? Thank you for being brave for a start.
Speaker 5: I know I'm a crazy dog lady.
Speaker 4: That's great. How what's your dog's name?
Speaker 5: My dog's name is Axel, but he has many nicknames, okay, one of them quick background. He he saves his business up until we go for a walk. I swear because sometimes he can do two to four number twos. That's a lot of people when I and I think tone of voice has a lot to do with how excited your jog gets, or how it knows if you're in a good mood or not. Okay, so when I come home, it's hello's.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, axles like we're on or is in protest? Do you know what Shellie that is? And straight away Chillie, do you look at Axel and can you see can you see a change in his character? As soon as you start speaking like that, he.
Speaker 5: Comes if he's outside, he comes running inside. I say, you know, hello, mister booty bads And then he jumped straight on the bed, rolls on his back for tummy robson cuddles, and then runs around because he knows we're going to go for a walk. But he's got a friend called Barnie, and Barnie's nickname is Barny bumb and I can get Barnie to sing by going it's a particular of voice that I've got.
Speaker 2: Your neighbors, or what.
Speaker 4: Your a legend? Thank you.
Speaker 2: The language between human and dog can sometimes sound quite crazy.
Speaker 3: I often think, I wonder if my dog can understand what I'm saying at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, I know exactly what you may in the study and recent studies suggests that you should really slow down the way that you speak the dogs, and they might understand you. So that thing that I'd probably call gibberish is actually a way of people, particularly crazy dog people, getting through to their significant label.
Speaker 4: People who like to talk to their dogs in a particular voice. Crazy dog people.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're one of them.
Speaker 3: You're crazy dog just because I said hello, Sydney, Hello, you beautiful little dog.
Speaker 2: There is basic when you go into that sort of voice, isn't that.
Speaker 3: We've had some people who are brave enough this morning, do you have us call on thirteen twenty four ten and do their dog voice?
Speaker 4: Chloe? Hello, Hi, Hello, how old are you? Chloe? And your eight? What's your dog's name?
Speaker 7: I didn't have a dog.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm a cat.
Speaker 7: I'm convincing my parents to get me one.
Speaker 3: Oh how's that working out for you?
Speaker 5: Not great?
Speaker 4: Not great?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, what's your cat's name?
Speaker 7: Then I've got two cats, Ella and Porsche.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ella and Porsche. All right, I've never met a cat by the name of Porsche.
Speaker 4: No, Ellen and Porsche is in Ellen and Porsche the couple.
Speaker 2: Oh is that.
Speaker 4: Right, Choe?
Speaker 7: No, not quite?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sorry, just coincidentally, is Ellen a bit of a scratchy all those tops? She bit scratchy? My brother likes cars, so he named it Porsche.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, so nothing to do with Ellen degeneral show. All right, we've established that, Chloe, how do you talk to your cats?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 6: Hello, holy girl, Yes girl, it.
Speaker 4: Is a beautiful.
Speaker 2: To this aggressive little American accident.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jasmine.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're a dog groomer, so you're talking to dogs all day?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's a bit normal to me now. But then sometimes I kind of like hear myself and I'm like, oh, that's what It sounds a bit silly, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give us an example of the way you're talking to the dogs.
Speaker 7: So I guess because they really like a lot of them don't like the water when they're being fast, or the blow dryer. So I'll be like talking to them and I'll be like saying like, Oh, that's not fearing nice, is it. It's notice.
Speaker 2: You sound like a throwd. Do you feel like do you feel like that eases them into the water? Do you think it works?
Speaker 3: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Sometimes they just like they're just spinning around in circles like trying to get away from it. So yeah, it's just yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Has to spill over to your home life.
Speaker 3: If you serve up a very ordinary casserole, you're like to your partner.
Speaker 4: Oh, it is not very nice, is it?
Speaker 2: My wife does that to me. Now, finish your dinner and you can have desserts.