Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right, hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has your gripped, we're talking about.
Speaker 2: It coming up on this episode. Do you already know what I'm going to talk about this week? And if you don't, then you're probably behind. But I am about to have one of the most stressful weeks of my life. I'm going to be in a queue and I've been preparing for this for a long time, for literally years. It's been five years in the making or six years in the making. And I get quite passionate about this episode. So I'm sorry, you're gonna have to listen to me go on and on and on and on and on and on like I am right now. Yeah, But I'm just really passionate. I'm so excited to share my story with you and.
Speaker 1: An old TV favorite for a show that I once auditioned for and didn't get. Very embarrassing crush my Ego is coming back in its original format, and I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 2: Plus A J does something that is so rogue, but I think we're all going to be on board with.
Speaker 1: It's a bit illegal, I think.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I got my first fine over the weekend and we talk. That was a great chat, by the way, at the start of the episode. We're about to kick it off right now. We're about to get right into that chat right this second. So sit back, strap in, flick, clap front and back, honey, and deal me in. Double Let's go, let's hit record. Are we recording? What did you just say? What did I said?
Speaker 1: They're getting rid of stupid ticketless fines.
Speaker 2: For parking yep, and guess what what you got one? I got my first ever parking fine on Friday.
Speaker 1: Wait, your first ever parking fine in your life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never had a parking pint. I have always paid for parking, no matter where it is. I'm a true believer in following the rules.
Speaker 1: I thought something funny to add to that. Okay, what so I'm the same. So here in Sydney at Nova we've spoken about this before, you have to do it the old school way, like you have to go up to the machine and fac and press a button a million times, whereas in Newcastle now we have the easy park app, which I also think is in Sydney as well in some areas, but like this council here where Nova is doesn't have that. So in Nui we literally just open the easy park app, turn up the dial, Boom, You're done. So I always pay for parking in Newcastle, for example, at our Fate store, the street that it's on that's paid parking. But Aj has a I don't know if I should say this, but he has a theory. He has never paid for.
Speaker 2: Parking, and his theory is that the fine will will be less.
Speaker 1: Than every time because we only are going to like that part of Newcastle when we're dropping into our Fate store or we're dropping into our cafe because then next to each other, so we're only ever going there for like an hour kind of thing. It's not like he's parking there every day all day, you know, and not paying. But he never ever pays, and he's only I think he's gotten two fines in the three years we've been there two and a half years, that like our cafe has been there, and he's like, I would have spent more on paying for parking every single time than the one hundred and something dollar fine that he's gotten. Too tough, and that's his theory. AJ is a rule breaker.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what makes this so sickening? What this? You won't believe? What why I got the parking fine? So where were you in Bondai in Waverley Council which shout out to Waverley Council, and also, fuck you?
Speaker 1: Was it ticketless?
Speaker 2: No, it was a paid meter and then they had a QR code on the side to like do it on the app Okay. So I get there, I'm traffic was horrendous. I'm there for an appointment. The appointment is ten minutes long, and I'm like, I get there, I quickly park. I got up to the meter and like, I don't have any time for this. I'll take a photo of the QR code and I'll sort it out on the way to the appointment. Get to the appointment a few minutes late because of the traffic, and it was for an LED treatment, and basically they booked them so close together that like if you are late, you like can't have the full treatment. And I was like, it's all right, don't worry about like whatever, just do what you can. And I think I got like eight minutes out of it. So I left from my car to the appointment and back within ten minutes, only parked there for ten minutes. It would have cost me a dollar twenty and instead it cost me one hundred and thirty six dollars. And I was like, I know, I know I did the wrong thing, but I'm also like, I have never not paid for parking once in my life. There are people like ajut here scamming the system and constantly not paying for parking, which also I'm like, go for it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm like fuck the council, because yeah, what the fuck? We pay for enough and then you want to we have to pay to park on the fucking street with our car that we pay Reggio in that, we pay all this, that and the other fucking insurance, Like what else do you want to see for? So I kind of get where AJ's coming from, but.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, same, I wish I could be that person who doesn't pay for parking. I wish I could be that person, but I'm just not. I genuinely like always always parking.
Speaker 1: Sydney, I feel like you're gonna get caught more, Whereas like in Newcastle, it's a smaller city and like you see the rangers out but not as often kind of thing. So I feel like maybe that's why I think.
Speaker 2: I was also like not on a main route. I was down like a backstreet. There are only two car spots there, and I was like, maybe the right So my friends like, I reckon, he's around the corner and everyone just uses that as like a quick run in run out. Yeah, and he like knew about it. I don't know, but anyway, like, yes, I did the wrong thing, but I'm also allowed to be pissed off about it because I was absolutely God, I literally always do the right thing time I don't.
Speaker 1: When I get a fine, My thing is because I know it like puts a damper on your day, just like obviously if you've got the money, Like if you've got the money, my mentality is as soon as I get that ticket on my window, I get in the car and I pay it straight away. Yeah, and then I scrunch it up and throw it out and then you can move on. Whereas you know how you get like time to pay it and fair enough if you want to put it on a payment plan or whatever. But if you've got the money to pay for the fine, my advice just pay it and move on, otherwise it will be a burden.
Speaker 2: What I was going straight after that to hang out with my friend, so I picked him up and I was like, Hi, I just got this fine. Can you pay it? Like, pay it on your bank account, you use your card, and then I gave him cash so I never have to see it on my statement. I never have to think about it again.
Speaker 1: That's smart as well.
Speaker 2: Even one step further, you know.
Speaker 1: One time in Newcastle, actually I will say, because I always pay on the easy park app. I was at my hairdressers, which you also have to pay for parking because it's in the CBD in town and I got a fine but I paid on the app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, how the.
Speaker 1: Fucks I reckon? Sometimes their technology is in one hundred percent right, So then I had to like go on the fine thing and say like I did. Here's a screenshot from the app to show that I was parked there and paid, and then they just like canceled the fine straight away.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So yeah. But anyway, I'm here for the fact that you have to get a ticket on your windscreen, because I don't know, some areas in Sydney or whatever you don't get a ticket on your windscreen. And I saw it on the news and apparently the revenue from the ticketless fines shot up by like I don't know how many million or tens of millions because they were so much quicker at giving people fines. And I've only gotten one here in the time that we've been doing this podcast, because there's like, you know how there's a two hour parking area here, and sometimes we say for more than two hours, and then I just go, oh fuck it. But now we found a little six hour spot near here, so we park there now. But I've only gotten one fine in the whole time we've been doing scrollers, So it was just a fine towards the pot.
Speaker 2: And I just felt like parking paying for parking is like one of those things that like we can get away with not doing, do you know what I mean? Like I don't I think people. Surely no one listening to this podcast is like, oh, how dare they not pay for one? Is that much of a loser that they are thinking like, Oh, aj'son a whole for not paying for parking. I think we all, collectively as a human race, are like paying for parking. But I will because I follow the rules. But if you don't, I'm okay with that, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean saying like, I get it if you don't pay, because it's absolutely fucked. And same goes for tolls. But we've already had that conversation before. Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for our Royal Flush of the week, the best thing we've seen on the internet this week. Now. I can't wait to talk about mine, and I'm probably going to take up most of this episode talking about it, Brittany, So I need you to go first. What is your Royal Flush of the week? Please?
Speaker 1: Okay? Mine is? I Mean, mine's pretty basic, but I think it is really exciting and I hope that they're going to follow through with exactly what it is. Apparently apparently the original apparently the original Big Brother format is coming.
Speaker 2: Back, and thank god for that.
Speaker 1: I swear we have spoken about this, like in early days of High Scrollers, when we were talking about like going on reality shows, and we talked about how I auditioned for Big Brother back in the day and I didn't get him. Way to crush my fucking ego. But yeah, I saw something pop up on Facebook the other day and it said the original format of Big Brother is coming back, which is so fucking good because if you don't know, which I'm sure everyone does, for the last couple of years, Big Brother has been absolutely garbage. It has been a physical challenge game like Survivor. Yeah, Like it's physical fucking challenges, a survival of the fittest, and it's just not the same as what it used to be. And I think I'm so excited to hear this news because it says that Big Brother is listening to the viewers. Like everyone for years has been saying bring back the original format, like throw them in the house and let them socialize, Like we don't want it to be a strategical game. We just want it to be people hanging out, get fucking drunk, like doing Friday Night Live, like remember those Friday Night games or whatever.
Speaker 2: And it was so good like live evictions and nominations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rest of that now, it's just too technical and strategical, and I hate that it's physically challenging because what the fuck like just call it survivor then.
Speaker 2: And also overproduced. I think that's the biggest thing with why they kind of did it in advance is because they wanted to be able to put in that dramatic music and build up and create storylines almost like married at first sight, Like they need the entire season to like, you know, I don't know if they do or not, but pick a winner or pick who the audiences they think the audience is gonna love, which they always get wrong.
Speaker 1: With anything like that. Shit, you still love the old Big Brother because you were just quite literally watching people live day to day lives in the house and all the fun shit that they would do. Ye Like, I'm so excited by that, and I hope that if this is true, like I think it's coming out like that it's confirmed, yeah, like it was articles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no Channel ten have posted. So they do these I think they're called upfronts each year where they basically say, here are all our new shows, and here are all the shows that are returning and they go off with a bang.
Speaker 1: So whoever fucking got that ticked off a Channel ten they deserve Rais for sure.
Speaker 2: I've got a whole heap of others if you want to know about them. So they're also bringing back talking about your generation. Do you remember that they've got a new show called Ghosts Australia. Don't know what that is? The Inspired Unemployed a getting a second show called The List, there's one called Airport twenty four to seven, house Hunters, Staycation, and they're also bringing back a lot of their favorite shows, Arma, Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here is coming back and just setting Channel ten nah, very available. Survive I think I'd do Survivor just for the gargagital, even if only it lasted one episode. Like I'm a celebrity. I want to be there like the whole time and really enjoy the experience. Survivor, I'd like to just give it a gould be fucking hard, I know, but like you know, one or two days there's even a Survivor like almost kind of All Stars. I guess they're calling it Australia versus the World.
Speaker 1: You would have to be so fit to go on survivor, like the ones we have to hold themselves up on a rope, like I'd pick out in twenty seconds, you know, they stand there for like eight hours on one foot or some shit.
Speaker 2: Oh, I went out on the weekend and I I've woken up, sorry, I've woken up with like it feels like my entire body has been through a pilates class, Like I've from my party my arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I saw on your close friend's story that you were like swinging around in a case. Yes, yeah, I've realized.
Speaker 2: In the shower this morning, I was like, oh my god, I was swinging from the fucking root.
Speaker 1: And someone else was dressed up as do and they were like, it's so funny humping the top of your head at the top of the.
Speaker 2: Really that Star's best friends over anyone listening. We had Star's birthday on the weekend. I was dressed as Sharon from Kathy Kid on the weekend and yeah, that Dobby was there and who else? Y oh, so going back because we were talking about what I was going to dress up as and I wanted something a bit outside the box for that party. Glad I didn't go as the Mona Lisa someone else came as the Mona Lisa. There was someone else that oh I did consider Prue and Trude, and someone came as those two as well. And then there was of what am I trying to say here? Oh another last minute one that I had. One that I thought of was Nicky Webster at the two thousand Olympics, but then there was someone else dresses that. So Sharon was perfect because no one came as Sharon.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was a really easy costume. Too uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I am not kidding you.
Speaker 1: Like, no makeup, just a shit wig and netball fucking icy.
Speaker 2: Sorted that out at four point thirty. Party started at five, No, sorry about three thirty. I sorted that out. Party started at five because I just kept changing my mind. I was going to be cath originally, but I couldn't do her justice, So I was going to the Salvos and things like that. Vinnie's trying to find, like, you know, one of her ugly jumpers, couldn't find one anywhere, and I was like, if I don't like, do it justice. Also glad I didn't go as ray Gun because there were three of them. Ah, So yeah, I went to Big w got that skirt, which was so tight. By the way, netball skirts are quite flattering. That was a size sixteen. I'm like, I don't even know what size I am, but I'm not a size sixteen. I'm a lot bigger than that. So the size sixteen was cutting into me all night. But because it's a netball skirt, it's kind of looks more flattering and hides the it was hiding, like literally cutting off my circulation at the stomach. Anyway, Yeah, it was camp. What we were we saying, Oh, Master, Chef's doing All Stars as well, there you go, Chef's doing All Stars, Taskmaster or another uninspired on employed show, another one. God is anyone watching those?
Speaker 1: No, I don't really for me, Honestly, I don't really get them.
Speaker 2: Neither.
Speaker 1: But they have done extremely well obviously, grab their fucking beer and everything.
Speaker 2: The cheap seats. Thank god you're here.
Speaker 1: I fucking love that show. Would you go and thank God you're here?
Speaker 2: I would love to, but I don't think I would. I crack under pressure a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the like old clips pop up on my TikTok, and fuck some of them are so funny, but I think you should go on it. Matt. I think I would almost go on it.
Speaker 2: I'm just improv can go one of two ways, and I just don't feel confident enough to.
Speaker 1: But you just go along with the story whatever you get thrown into. I feel like, and they all laugh anyway.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they put funny like they say funny one liners, and I'm like that thought wouldn't even enter my brain.
Speaker 1: If that situation, it would be hard to not just laugh.
Speaker 2: God, they've got so many shows, deal or no deal. I'd go on that because imagine the cashpoint.
Speaker 1: I'm still upset.
Speaker 2: Is that a channel? Channel Channel?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's on every afternoon at five o'clock, That's all I know, and I'm there every afternoon watching I would.
Speaker 2: Love the Chase on Big Chase Fan. Oh yeah, yeah, goggle Boxes coming back. Would love to do that.
Speaker 1: All me and you on goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iconic NCIS.
Speaker 1: Get us on that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Project, Oh god, geez, they've got so many they're.
Speaker 1: A bit busy over at Channel ten.
Speaker 2: They're very busy. But yeah, goggle Box would be fun. But I'm always curious. I think, how do these people who are on goggle Box actually have a life? Because the cameras seem to always be there because they're in different outfits.
Speaker 1: They've got different times that they're going to be sitting down and watching.
Speaker 2: It, right, But imagine committing to that every single week. We can't even commit to a podcast time every week. We're changing the podcast everywhere. Or it's ten thirty in the morning, eleven forty five. Next week, we're at nine, next week, we're at two, next time, we're on Thursday.
Speaker 1: See, but I think they're not watching it as the show's live on TV. I reckon, they've got a filming hour. It could be nine am in the morning, and they play them the shows on the TV, not at the time that everyone else is actually watching it. Yeah, are going to be like structured days.
Speaker 2: So let's go on side note because you have just said something that absolutely irks me. What you just said. It could be nine am in the morning to nine am in the nighttime, is it?
Speaker 1: I wasn't thinking, Oh I didn't even say good morning at the start. It's all gone wrong.
Speaker 2: And it's not even morning anymore. So you can't oh at six am in the morning. I'm like, yes, of course.
Speaker 1: It is, because it makes more sense to say that rather than six.
Speaker 2: Am, but I don't think it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean. Look, I wasn't thinking when I just said that, and I'm really sorry. Please forgive me.
Speaker 2: I will forgive you, but I just need to six pm in the evening. Same story.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would ever say six pm in the evening, right, I say six o'clock at night, But then I don't know why I said nine am in the morning, seven am waking up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Anyway. The point is, I forget where we were going with any of this. My Royal flush is big brother, yeah right, but there was something else we were just talking about as well.
Speaker 1: Us going on Gogle goggle Box. Yeah, channel ten if you're listening, just give.
Speaker 2: Me something at this point, just do something. I'm sitting here hung with like a dog. Should just get myself on TV and do something, you know. And the only bloody time I've been on TV this year was to be on the news to talk about fucking fifty dollars notes and how cash has changed my life. And it has and I still stand by it, and I'm still using cash. I'm loving it, but fucking hell, can I have a little bit of just something? Give me a crumb. I'll go on. I'll go on the fucking Inspired Unemployed Show. I don't know. I just I'm here. I'm willing, and then you see some of that. Okay, I can't go on. Look I I'm not ranting today. I'm not ranting today.
Speaker 1: But we are in Nova Studios and I can get a window, and Channel ten is right there, like the big fucking circle with ten in it. I'm sure these people in this building can go next door and say, hey, look at these two talented people like get us and gig on neighbors.
Speaker 2: I don't care what single Monday channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here anyway. We could just pop in and record a scene of some sort. Do they want us to do an audition? I will honestly after this, let's.
Speaker 2: Go get us on neighbors. Who we could play on? Who could we play on? Neighbors?
Speaker 1: I would like to come in and play like the bitchy villain.
Speaker 2: You recurin the Bitch Wow?
Speaker 1: What character would you.
Speaker 2: Be the hot straight love interest of all the over forty year old women in Ramsey Street?
Speaker 1: Right, you would play a straight guy?
Speaker 2: Of course I would. I don't know what I do.
Speaker 1: I want to come in as the villain. Then everyone will actually hate you in real life if you're really good at actually you know, but I'd still do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice, Well Big Brothers coming back? Would you go on Big Brother at this point in your career? Of course you wouldn't blow yourself to that standard. But I mean Channel ten, we love you and we'll take anything.
Speaker 1: Maybe you and I could go in as intruder as for like a small little segment.
Speaker 2: Let us host Friday night games.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe that. Maybe instead of going in the house, we will host it again Nova. What the fuck you guys have connections here or I hate in Britney Saunder's host of Friday Night Games of Big Brother is a NOVA presenter. Well, we've got connections, got connections storming over there after this record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: We're doing our audition. But now I wouldn't go on Big Brother only because I'm too busy.
Speaker 2: I would because I'd like the holiday. The thing is just annoys me that they've got to see me naked, like the fact there's a camera in the toilet and I got to take a.
Speaker 1: Shit too much like a period like and they're watching you change fucking tampoons and I.
Speaker 2: Don't think they are watching.
Speaker 1: I think it's just would bear No.
Speaker 2: I just think it's there to monetize, like they probably watch you go in and if two people go in the toilet at the Hanky like.
Speaker 1: That explosive diary, which I often do.
Speaker 2: So it's like I just can't have people having access to that footage. And I know with the television industry, that footage will never be erased like in It's not like when the season ends they delete all the footage of people on the toilet that is still on the hard drives at Channel ten from twenty years ago, all of the Big Brother contestions taking their shits, It is still in the backlog somewhere someone's got. You know, with these shows, what they do is it's actually someone's or there's a team of people's jobs to actually write out every single thing that happens and is said.
Speaker 1: I'm sure AI would replace that now, oh.
Speaker 2: Potentially, but I mean AI can go wrong. You've seen closed captions on the TV and they stuff up.
Speaker 1: The words and things.
Speaker 2: I don't know when you try and put it Instagram story. But like twenty years ago, let's say they actually had a team of people who would have to write down basically an entire script, almost like one of those people in a courtroom that takes all the information down for well, there's like a log of that for every clip that has ever been filmed for any reality show ever. And so Big Brother, not only do you have the footage of you taking a shit, you then have someone saying Matt walked to the bathroom and was in the bathroom for twenty four minutes and had explosive diarrhea. I don't know how descriptive they get, but like that's on file as well.
Speaker 1: Well. Either way, I'm just really keen that if it actually happens, I can't wait for us to host Friday night games. I'm manifesting that right now. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm scrunching my face up and shaking my head. There's no fucking way.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 2: There's no way they would get us. Why nah, I don't see that happening. We've got to be realistic about it. I mean, they've thrown less relevant people on celebrity shows before exactly, so I can understand being a contestant, but hosting Friday night games, I don't know about it. I think that's a stretch.
Speaker 1: I think that's a limiting belief. Okay, fair enough, that's my royal flush. What's yours?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it'll come as no surprise to anyone that my royal flush of the week is Kylie Minogue announcing her Tension World tour.
Speaker 1: And can I ask you a question on that? On your story like the night over or whatever. It's like quarter to midnight at night.
Speaker 2: Quarter to eleven pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put on your story. I have a feeling that Kylie is going to announce a tour in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: No, my spidy senses were tingling because I was scouring the internet right so, basically when she posted about the album, so this royal flush is two parts she released, she posted saying that a new album was coming Tension too. Tensions the name of her last album, arguably one of her best albums ever. I loved it was so cohesive, it was so fantastic. I was like, I felt like a proud son hearing that for the first time. Now she's releasing Tension two with like a bonus extra nine tracks that we haven't heard or something like that in October, week before my birthday. Thank you. And then she said but wait, there's more now. The day before she'd also posted that there was there was like a cryptic video of her and there was a like world map in the background with all of these cities like colored in. So I knew that the World Tool was coming. So then she's announced it. I actually thought the World Tool was coming, but then the album announcement came and I was like, oh my god, we're getting an album, not a world tour. But then at the end it said stay tuned for more, and there was like a world emoji, and I'm like, there's a there's a tour coming. So then I correlated that with the time zones in the UK, which is where she's based for the majority of the time. So the prime time you would imagine it's like seven, eight PM or whatever, and I forget exactly what it was, but eleven pm lined up with that, and I was just taking a real step in the dark, to be honest.
Speaker 1: But I was like, ah, so you're a bit psychic.
Speaker 2: Because then I'm on tickeer Tech and I'm on so this is this was the kicker on the tickeer Tech website. The Kylie wait list page had been taken down and so then it was funny actually because literally she didn't announce until like thirteen minutes past, and I had already found on Frontier Touring and tick a Tech. They'd already put up all the information, so I knew all the dates. I had them all locked in the calendar, and here we go. It's all happening. But I'm very nervous, And I did say I would explain on high Scrollers this week, the story behind why this is so significant and this is my Heiress tour is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was like, I always so fascinated with you what like, and I want to know if any scrollers are with me on this the way that you are so passionate about musicians, I couldn't. I can't relate, Like I couldn't be more different. I want to know, Like it makes me feel like, oh, should I be this way? Like I don't idolize any artist, And I'm like, am I the only person in the world that's like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so? Am I I think so? I think everyone idolizer someone to some extent.
Speaker 1: I don't. Yeah, Like I don't idolize a single person in a way that I would be like invested and the way that you're like invested in albums and all this and that, like I don't know fucking shit, Yeah, I just hear songs on the radio.
Speaker 2: I think you're just delusional. I think most people have someone who they would sell their soul to go and see.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, we're gonna have to ask this in our broadcast channel because I feel so like, am I the only person that feels this way?
Speaker 2: I honestly think you are like producer Hannah, like, you've surely got someone who, like you, would sell your own child to go and see or meet or have dinner with or whatever. Do you know what I mean? Lady Gaga, right there you go, she's up there for me as well.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm not like that with anyone. What's wrong with me?
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's a lot we don't have trying to get into all of that. But Kylie, this is why this is so significant for me. So obviously I love Kylie my entire life. She was such a big part of my growing up as well. I think, like we've spoken about growing up before, you grew up with like your parents playing music that they're influenced you, whereas yes, I didn't. I wasn't really a music household.
Speaker 1: Neither were we. But the other time was it like barbecues.
Speaker 2: And shit right and Tom Jones was playing.
Speaker 1: Tom Jones and Robbie Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, my mom did love Robbie williamsysh. But I fell in love with Kylie and it was like the first concert I went to was Kylie and my parents took me.
Speaker 1: When I was like, this is where my problem comes from, Like we never I never see I never went to a concert, like. I wasn't brought up loving music in that way. So I think that's where my whole thing comes from, of like I don't idolize anyone, Yeah, because I never fucking experienced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so as a child, like Kylie was number one now obviously growing up, I didn't have any money to like go to her concerts and things like things like that. Then when I was old enough, she did the Aphrodity Tour, which is arguably the best stage production tour from any pop star of all time. If you haven't seen it, anything I wanted was that your research? I think it was around like twenty eleven, twenty twelve, maybe twent thirteen, can't really remember, but it was around that time, and basically it was like a circusoleat show in the fact that she had this big runway with a splash sewn in the middle of it. She had water cannons throwing water all over the audience and all over the stage, and it honestly was like a masterpiece of the production value and level was just crazy. For that reason, the tickets were so expensive. I mean, her b reserve ticket for example for her upcoming tour is like two hundred dollars. I remember the cheapest ticket you could get back then in twenty twelve was more than two hundred dollars. I think it was two hundred and nineteen dollars, which so back then that amount of money was just like so crazy. And I was fresh out of high school, unemployed, blah blah blah, didn't have any money, couldn't go. It is like one of my I don't regret much in life, but I regret not getting my shit together and begging and stealing and doing whatever I can to go to that tour because it it's like it hurts that I didn't get to go. Since then, I've been to every other tour she's come out to, but I've always been so broke that I haven't been able to afford like a good seat. Like I went to one of her concepts and I genuinely was in the back row of Kudos Bank Arena, like the wall was behind me and there was not a single other person. Like I did that with Beyonce as well, Like I was like, as long as I'm in the room, like I'll be happy. And then her most recent to a Golden I again was kind of towards the back, and then I went in the Hunter Valley as well. She did like an outdoor kind of winery vibe, yeah, which was really nice, but I just was so far back that I was like, I'm enjoying myself, but also like I just wish I could see a wrinkle on her face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what you're saying is you're gonna try and get front row tickets, babes.
Speaker 2: I've had this plan since I think that was twenty eighteen. I went and saw her last for the Golden Tour, and I said to myself, I am creating a savings account, especially for Kylie Minogue tickets. I don't care how crazy and stupid that sounds, but I am putting all this money, and I was like, I want to I want to put ten grand in it. I want to get to ten brand because I was like, because I was like, I don't care how much a ticket is, Like, if a ticket is five thousand dollars, it's some of the ticket.
Speaker 1: It's going to be that much.
Speaker 2: I'm paying that money. That's just where my brain is, bape, that's where my brain is. Just stick along first story. Sorry, I'm doing a Britney story. I'm real dragging it out. So I was like, I got to get to ten thousand dollars. Well, I got to about four thousand dollars and then the pandemic hit, so the bank account was drained and I had no money again. And I was like, well, that's all right, Carly's not too run anyway, so we don't need that money right now. We'll go on our job seeker. Thank you, send a length ride and skymo for a little bit, and away we go. And then after COVID, I was able to bump the savings back up a little bit, and then I ended up getting my ten thousand dollars in the savings account. A couple of years ago, which is fabulous, and it was good because I wasn't leaving the house. And then since that's been there, I haven't been touching it. I haven't touched it, you know what I mean, because I'm like, that's that's for Kylie. So I was I was ones stay expecting her to do like a VIP meet and greet full package, like two and a half grand, and I was like, great, I'll be able to go to one shot and sort it out. The most extensive ticket is eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars and it's not meet and green.
Speaker 2: No, it's not mean and greed. But that's okay. I understand that because still post pandemic, like they probably don't want to be meeting people in case they've got to cancel shows if they get sick, Like I'm sure they'll wear masks everywhere and all the rest of that, the protocols would be through the roof. But I just think it's hilarious that I now have like all this extra money that I didn't need to save this entire time. And so I'm like, well, I'm doing the VIP meet and greet, and I mean, she's not doing a meet and greet. Sorry, I'm doing the vip Padam package. That's what it's called the Paduna Dum package. And then I'm going to multiple shows. This is my Eras tour. And I don't feel guilty about this one because.
Speaker 1: This is why you should feel guilty. I get it because people miss out. But also that's just fucking life, so true. I don't care about that when people don't win something or whatever and they're like, oh no, like that's just the way the cookie fucking crumbles.
Speaker 2: If you ask me, I agree. But yes, I understand why people would get upset about RAS tour. I think that's like a different kurdle of fish, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But also like, if you want to get tickets to multiple shows, fucking and you managed to get them, good on.
Speaker 2: You, and I will be. I have cleared my entire schedule for this week. We've got tickets going on sale Tuesday, We've got tickets going on south Thursday, We've got tickets going on so I think next Wednesday. I don't know. It's all in the last year.
Speaker 1: In February or March.
Speaker 2: March, I might go, would you like to come with me? Because I actually get well, we're gonna get a ticket with me I've got to sit together, would be one hundred dollars one I'm buying too anyway, But I've got no one to go with because it's on the same night as Marty Gras, which you've never been to anyway, so won't hurt you to not go again. So great? Okay, Oh hang on. My brain's reeling now, all right, because I was only prepared to get one ticket for tomorrow because I also thought one ticket would probably guarantee me more of a front chance for a front row seat.
Speaker 1: No, you're getting two now, okay?
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I'm also doing Brisbane if you feel like flying up there with me, and I'm doing Melbourne as well. So we've got many.
Speaker 1: We got plenty of whatever. I'll come to one.
Speaker 2: No, I'm doing all of them. I'm going on and you'll leave for two weeks. No one will see me. I'm in Kylie Mo.
Speaker 1: Wait. What do people wear to a Kylie Mino concert?
Speaker 2: Is it like Taylor spoo bikles?
Speaker 1: It's like Taylor speeds but not as much?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wedgehn wedge biker biker jacket? You know, depends what era you want to go as, what era of Kylie, you want to go. But anyway, the royal flush of the week is obviously that her two is coming, and I just need everybody to manifest keep me in your thoughts this week. I will obviously be giving you updates in the broadcast channel on my stories of whether I have got the tickets or not. You'll know, Babes, either way, You'll know.
Speaker 1: Because the reaction one to try and get.
Speaker 2: One, none of that. If there's no If they go, I don't care who I have to hold up at Nova, but I I am shutting. This place is on lockdown till I get a Kyli Minoak ticket, okay. And half of me is like, as long as I'm in the room, that's fine. But also I'm like, no, I want front fucking row every single city I go to. And then there's one night I'm gonna go with my friends and we're gonna see in b Reserve. It's gonna kill me to be all the way back there again, but we're going as a friend group, all six of us to go see Kyler Minoa, which I just love and I'm really really excited about the whole thing. But what I will say is I know, okay, can I just go quickly on another tangent. I know that it's so fucking ridiculous to spend this money in this day and age, in a cost of living crisis. No, let me say this.
Speaker 1: I'm just having a quick LOLLI yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like you don't understand. I just don't think. If you get it, you get it, and if you don't, you don't. If you know, you know, if you don't, you know, and if you don't, I feel sorry for you because this Not only have I been say for years for this moment, the fact that I saved so much more than I needed to. I could have been spending that money elsewhere all these years, but I have. I have left that there. Even when I'm like, oh, I should probably take some money out of that and you know, pay for the car Red Joe or whatever it might be, I go, n gotta keep it there, because I always thought to myself, as soon as I take two grand out to pay my carb Red Joe, that's when the tickets will come and I won't have enough money for it. So I'm like, no, let's just leave it there. We need We've done the budget, and now it's crazy, Like I feel crazy but I'm also like, no, you know what, this is gonna be the best experience of my life.
Speaker 1: You need money for hotel and everything if you're going to all the other ones.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And you know what, time I've always said it, I'm gonna say it again. This is a lesson for all of you out there. Time is more important than money. Time is so much more valuable than money. And my time is better spent front rower at Carlimno concert five times over over the course of two weeks, traveling around the country following her, because you know that memory will stay with me forever. I can always make more money. We can always get another sponsorship, can't we, Hannah, get another podcast sponsorship for me? That money will come back another day. But I'm happy to release those funds to the universe to in exchange for that time with Kylie Minogue because nothing is as valuable as that, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean? Yeah, no seriousness, I completely agree with that.
Speaker 2: We are never guaranteed more time in life, No, but we can always make more money. Could always be able to make more money somewhere else. If everything went away today, I know that I could go and get a job and get more money tomorrow I could, if you know what I mean. Like, we can always make more money, but no one's guaranteed more time in life, so I want to spend my money to enjoy my time. Anyway, Sorry, this episode has just been me talking about Kylie Minogue and I hope you've all enjoyed that. But I hope you've heard my passion and you understand what this means to me. And the fact that's like her best hour yet Oh no it's not, but it's up there. It's up there with one of my favorite albums of hers, so I'm like excited. And the fact she's kicking it off in Australia. Okay, so that's what I'm really excited about.
Speaker 1: When I saw the graphic thing, I saw a Newcastle, Like, oh my god, yeah, Newcastle. I'm wait, that's in fucking the UK. I'm so excited that she just come to the Newcastle Entertainment Center. See. I can't relate to you on like being obsessed with celebrities, but I can get behind going to a concert and having a really good time. So I will come with you if you want to get me a ticket. Okay, I'll transfer to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Thanks, I'm excited. I'm going to sort that out for us tomorrow, fingers crassed.
Speaker 1: Can we go to the Saturday night one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one that's the Mardi gra one. So no one can come with me that night, go by myself.
Speaker 1: I don't have to take ann your leave. I'll just be there. Well, I'm going to take the stage for a little moment. You're better, Yeah, because you've had your time to shine. I wanted to talk to you about it last week, but then we just I don't even know what we fucking spoke about last week too much. Yeah, but just wrapping up this episode was something fun that we are doing at Fate, which if you follow me on social media or Fate or you're in our Fate Society Facebook group, you will already know this. But it's really exciting and full circle moment for me. We are doing a brand trip for Fate. You know how you see all the trips and the Tart tripping with Tart and all that I went on those back in the day. Well, we're doing a brand trip for Fate, our first one ever. But instead of taking influences, we're taking customers. So we're currently doing a giveaway it closes at the end of this month and the last day of this month. I don't know if that's a thirtieth or thirty first, but all you have to do to enter is I mean, you can go on our website. There's information about it on there, but you have to place an order on Fate. Any order doesn't matter. There's no minimum spend, and you have to use the ten percent off discount code Lucky seven because we're taking seven Lucky customers on a brand trip with us. And when we were organizing this, it's for our seventh birthday by the way, because it's Fate turns seven this month, we were like, where do we take them? They're like, oh, do we go the Gold Coast, like there's heaps to do there? Were like, noh, fuck it, let's do it in Newcastle. So we're treating everyone to a getaway in Newcastle, which I know some people are probably like, oh, what's there to do there? There's actually so many cool things to do a Newcastle.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We even have five style hotels now nice believe it or not, we already booked the seven hotel rooms. We have no idea who's going to stay there. And you're literally going to be treated like influencers. Like, you know, you get there and the beds all set up, the bathroom's all set up. I feel like when I used to go on brand trips back in the day, in my youtubing days, I would often look at those trips and look at all the elements of it, and you know, when you get to your room and it's all set up beautifully and everything's personalized, I would look at it and go, wow, like, this is so cool that this brand can do something like this and bring people on the trip. So I feel like I'm just like reliving that but in a different way, and it's just really full circle for me. So if you haven't checked out the giveaway, there's a real on my page. It's on our website and join our Fate Society Facebook group if you want to be part of it. And I'm just so excited for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so cool. I actually I'm surprised there hasn't been like a bit more like media attention or something or more people haven't been talking about the fact that you're doing this, because I feel like everyone has said this for years. Minor brands take influences, they should take their customers buy stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm sure once we are doing the trip, which will make a lot of content out of then people will talk about it more as well when they actually see the event. But yeah, it's just why the fuck not? And you're right, like over the years, like back when we were in our YouTube days and those tripping with tart things and two face trips, like they were all the rage and the influencers went. But like those brands still do that now, but I feel like when they do it, all the comments are like, this is so out of touch. But did you see it was a tart recently that did one and some got it irmez bracelet and some didn't. And then there was all this discourse online because some people that went on the trip got certain gifts wow, and others didn't. And like, I fully understand why brands do it, Like it's fucking genius marketing, Like you don't have to pay those influences to go on the trip, you don't have to pay them to promote you. You just take them on the holiday and they'll promote you for free. So it's very clever on the brand's part. But I like it's like a lot of logistics though, Oh it is, and you like this has been surprising for me. We're organizing this for seven customers in our home city. But even that, like just all the figuring out we're having to work and out like our staff rosters and because they can't ever be alone so besides when they're in their room, so like we're working out all the logistics of that, and it's taken us a lot of organizing. And we've already started looking at flights from every state like coming to Newcastle and what time those flights would be that those people are going to be potentially going on, and then how do we get them from the airport to us kind of thing. Like there's a lot of organizing, but I just am so glad to be doing it with our own community and like giving back to them because I think, yeah, the influencers drive the sales for the businesses, but it's the customers that matter the most. Yeah, So I'm just really excited to be doing that. And I've got another surprise as well for those that don't win.
Speaker 2: Oh are you telling us right now?
Speaker 1: Oh, it is the end of the episode, so maybe I could because we haven't announced this, but maybe I'm announcing it now early, but you're only going to know if when.
Speaker 2: You're going to announce this, because we could also chuck it in close friends. You're going to announce it this week?
Speaker 1: No, No, the winners, the winners are So the competition ends on the thirtieth of this month, Yeah, which is a Monday, So the last day of this month is literally less than a week to go, and then the next day on Tuesday, the first, we're announcing something else.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's what you were going to tell us right now, yeah, Joki Jakon, I should do you want to save it for close friends on Friday so it's closer to the announcement date, or do you really want to give them a week in advance because they'll know a week before anyone else if you tell them right now, or they'll know like four days before if you tell them on Friday.
Speaker 1: I don't know, what do you reckon close friends? Okay? Interested it's for people that don't win. So obviously we've had thousands of entries, there's only seven winners, so a lot of people aren't going to win. But there's still a fun, exciting opportunity for everyone that doesn't win that is involved within the brand trip exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll bring that to you on Friday in Close Friends. I love a little teaser. I'm so glad I got that across the lines. That sucked in everyone. You don't get to know it.
Speaker 1: I tell you on Friday and then the rest of the people will find out on Tuesday. So listen to Friday's bonus if you want to know what it is before everyone else.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's all that's been happening in my life.
Speaker 2: Smashed it.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, that's another episode, done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Ye actually subscribe ton on notifications so you don't miss an episode. Thank you so much for listening, Scrollers. We bloody love ya and we'll see you on Friday for Close Friends. Special announcement and.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you Matt tomorrow getting fucking Kylie tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Thoughts and prayers people, awesome prayers. Anyway, Joe better let you go. I've got to go jump on ticketek and get in the queue.