Speaker 1: On scoring in Zastrodya.
Speaker 2: This is the reader Panahe Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the reader Panahee Show. I'm Caroline Derusso.
Speaker 2: Coming up on the show tonight.
Speaker 3: And the new Coalition ministry has finally been announced and yes it has raised some eyebrows.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss that and much more with Angela.
Speaker 3: Mollard, including Independent Senator Fadam of Payman's bombshell allegations against colleague now Adam B.
Speaker 4: Coleman.
Speaker 3: He joins us to discuss the latest from the US, including a shocking undercover video from a Democrat insider and of course Left He's losing It, featuring Democrat Jasmine Crockett's dire warning about Trump.
Speaker 5: It is time for Republicans to starry calling him out and started questioning his mental acuity and whether or not he is equipped to serve mentally.
Speaker 4: But joining me now is newscot colonist Angela Mollard.
Speaker 3: Angela, after kicking the decision on the Northwest Shelf down the road until after the election, Labor has given it the green light.
Speaker 2: Thankfully.
Speaker 3: And obviously I'm from Western Australia, so I feel like I've got a bit of.
Speaker 2: Skin in the game in this decision.
Speaker 3: Do you think though, you know, was it a bit dangerous then politicizing that decision in that way.
Speaker 2: We've definitely seen them walk.
Speaker 3: Back their opposition to gas in recent months, we have, and I think there's a newfound pragmatism that they needed.
Speaker 6: You know, they've won the election, but they have to they have to make the country work now, and this is central to making the country work. This, of course took six and a half years of green tape. I think it's a bit of a shame that it didn't get through on pleverusx watch because of course she had, you know, walls put up.
Speaker 7: At every turn when she was Environment minister. Of course has come through Murray what.
Speaker 6: But it shows that the labor is prepared to look at the fact that if we are going to have productivity and we are going to energize this country, you know, both for industry and for individuals, that we need to look at diverse sources, not just fossil fuels. The only interesting thing I think though, is that what are the Greens going to think about in the future, Because of course they are in the Senate, they can block the sistance like this in the future. So it's a good it's a you know, it's front footed and it's smart for Labor.
Speaker 7: At this stage.
Speaker 6: But I'll be interested to see how it flows through on other projects.
Speaker 3: Do you think it could have potentially been different if Labor didn't have the majority that.
Speaker 7: They have, look hugely different.
Speaker 6: You possibly wouldn't have got that or you would have got blowback on it, of course, but you know, they have such a strong remit now and it'd be really interesting to see what they do. There's so many areas now they can push through because they have that majority. It's just really looking at what they choose and where they will see the greatest benefit both budge for the budget and for the populace.
Speaker 3: Now, Victoria doesn't seem to have got the memo on gas and the Santa CEO Kevin Gallagher, he's come out and basically compared Victoria to North Korea.
Speaker 2: So what's this all about?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: So he's at a conference since Brisbane, an oil and gas conference, and he has basically said that they are so back with they're so communist in their approach to things that they are not green lighting projects that help industry in that.
Speaker 7: State, and I think he's right.
Speaker 6: There is a real danger that Victoria is going to become forever more a loser state. I mean, you have to balance your socialist policies with your capitalist ones. Any government does, whatever government, you know, whatever party they represent, and you have to drive growth.
Speaker 7: You have to drive productivity.
Speaker 6: We have a massive productivity issue in this country nationally, and if a state is going to fall by the wayside.
Speaker 7: I also think it's really important.
Speaker 6: Just as it's important to have a strong opposition in government at a federal level, you also need strong parity within the state and territory governments so that they're looking at each other, that they're competing with each other, whether that's on education as a safe productivity, whether it's on environmental policies. By keeping an eye angel on each other and all staying strong, and there'll be areas where some have better resources than others.
Speaker 3: Competitive federalism doesn't exactly.
Speaker 6: If you've got to have that system, and a lot of us think it's a very you know, a bloated system, then it's got to be sharp, it's got to be rigorous and effective. And he's quite right and drawing attention to it and what's problematic about this by him declaring it is that other businesses that might consider setting up in Victoria will not.
Speaker 7: Do that now.
Speaker 6: So the effect on others looking at that, you know, we've already seen this massive move for a lot of businesses to Queensland, New South Wales other parts of the country.
Speaker 7: I mean, Victoria needs to watch itself.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 3: And I think this here is a real failure of state policy because if you are not going to develop your resources and have the benefit of your resources, you can't just put your hand out for more GST because you're failing to do the things that you should be doing in the first place.
Speaker 2: Onto the coalition and.
Speaker 3: They announcing you ministry or shadow ministry yesterday, what was most notable for you in.
Speaker 7: All of that.
Speaker 6: Look, I know there's been a lot of discussion around the demotion of women and the part of women and the party. I'm much more interested, actually less in the numbers than the portfolios, and the two portfolios that stand up to me. Where I think that Susan those made a mistake is obviously just into an ampership of price. She so owns that Indigenous conversation. She was brilliant after the Voice. Most Australians really care about how money is being spent on the Indigenous community and whether it's effective. Now, she just to drove through that idea that we should have an audit on where all that money is being spent.
Speaker 7: It's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 6: We can look at what's effective, we can look at what's working. She was well placed. It was also been really smart to have her alongside you. She's somebody that the population likes. She's great on media and you know a lot of the Liberal and National Party aren't great at that. So that's one thing where she made a mistake. I also think she made the same mistake with Sarah Henderson. There is a massive opportunity for the Coalition to make headways on education. It was completely undiscussed in the election. Henderson really complained about the fact that it was under the remit.
Speaker 7: You know, no one was talking about it.
Speaker 6: The New Zealand government, the Nationals in New Zealand won the election on their education mandate. We are in a crisis situation in education in this country.
Speaker 7: Our maths is appalling and the.
Speaker 6: Gratin In Institute has a plan for a ten year maths guarantee. The impact on productivity if we do not raise our standards is immense, And that is such an easy win you could have as the coalition appointed her. She's got a feet under the table, she knows the portfolio, and you could have started to make headways in a really good portfolio that most of the Electric parents, like myself, people across the board care about. It's not a niche interest, it's a mainstream one.
Speaker 7: And to now have.
Speaker 6: To have someone else in the portfolio learning about it when you could have got off to a good start is shortsighted as far.
Speaker 7: As I'm concerned. Okay, now bring your enemies close too, you know. But also people are really self oriented.
Speaker 6: If you're given something, you're given power to do it, you soon align with the person who's given you that power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is very interest.
Speaker 3: That's a reasonable point to make onto independent Senator fatom of Payment. And she's made some pretty bombshell allegations about behavior from a colleague.
Speaker 2: So what's the story here and here?
Speaker 3: And do we expect this to gain traction as similar stories have in the past.
Speaker 6: I'd be really interested to see because this is historical. I mean, it's only two hundred twenty twenty three. But what I'm interested about it and I do want to get this right. I do want to get her wording right, so Shor. What she's doing is she's claiming that a male colleague was drunk and pressed her at an event, saying let's get some wine into you and see you dance on the table. Now she's claiming sexual harassment and racial harassment.
Speaker 7: I'm not an expert.
Speaker 6: I don't pretend to know whether that is sexual or racial harassment. But to me, that's being a dickhead and it's being ugly. So call the dickhead policy. And this is what I want more women to do. She says she's raising this now because there's more young women in Parliament that are coming through. She wants them to be protected in that environment. I'm not sure that that's her motivation here. I think she's bringing attention back to herself. And look, if somebody feels uncomfortably racially, sexually, they have the remit and the right to talk about that.
Speaker 7: But I also want.
Speaker 6: Women to just stand up in the moment and turn around and go, don't be a dick Honestly, you're just ugly. Because most men or anybody any gender who says something stupid when questioned on it in the moment will usually come back you usually persolutely.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm all for I'm all for a formal nodheads policy. I think I think it is served various parts of the political and corporate world very well. And always the best time, if you feel like you're able to, is to deal with it in the moment, because that there is actually an empowering, empowering for you in that moment, rather than feeling terrible about something afterwards and maybe wishing you had have said.
Speaker 6: I love what you're saying there, because you're talking about agency and every time you grab your own agency.
Speaker 7: And you know, look, as a woman who's worked in the work, but you.
Speaker 6: Know a very long time, I was going to put a year number on yeh, but you know, I'm not pensionable yet.
Speaker 7: But I do.
Speaker 6: I really feel you're right on that, that you know, that being having some self determination. And here she looks she took it to the to the Parliamentary Workplace Support Service. We will I don't know if we'll find out what actually happened from that, but I you know, in all these cases, you know there are a lot like defamation. You need facts and clarity on them to fully understand the situation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely now onto the A and U and they have walked back.
Speaker 2: That they have walked back where they got to.
Speaker 3: On the definition of anti Semitism. It's been panned by Jewish groups as you would expect. So what has happened here?
Speaker 2: Why the walmbag?
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: So most of the universities in the country have either signed up to the two definitions, and that's pretty similar on anti semitism, A and YOU hasn't. And there's been a lot of demonstrations and concerns around anti semitism and some issues. Look, there's some question about the factor leadership on holiday and I've been enjoying looking at.
Speaker 7: Julie Bishop's instagram on holiday. She seems to be having a jolly old time.
Speaker 6: Of course, Look the fact that they haven't done it yet, is it that they haven't pushed it through because they're still considering it and they want.
Speaker 2: Just sitting on it?
Speaker 7: Are they just sitting it on to the end of the year.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, I think whether or not you have a definition or not, half the time we can't actually say what's sorracism?
Speaker 7: What is semitism? But we know when we see him, let's see it.
Speaker 6: And without having a definition doesn't mean they cannot prosecute or when there are instances where that occurs. And I think so, Yes, of course we need a framework, but we shouldn't be too overly concerned that this hasn't been pushed through yet. Better to do it properly and have something fair enough to do it once, exactly, measure twice, do it once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the lady.
Speaker 4: Needs a holiday, Then the lady needs a holiday now. Very interesting piece about the changes to travel.
Speaker 2: Rules in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I love to travel, but can you tell us what are the tricks and the.
Speaker 3: Traps for the intrepid Australians heading overseas.
Speaker 6: I need to bundle off home because my daughter's taken off in two weeks time and she's going to get stung for these fines. Okay, basically, Caroline, the whole of Europe seems to be looking at fining, probably us because where the people that go there, all our gap years and all our boomers who end up going over to the northern Hemisphere during the summertime. These are astonishing Portugal, for instance, they're going to have a three thousand dollar fine for being naked in public.
Speaker 7: Probably fair enough.
Speaker 6: The bikini fine, okay, if you don't wear a bikini, buy the pool or a beach, you're going to be fine. What's that two hundred and two five hundred dollars? You know in Manly where I live in New South Wales, you wouldn't have anyone in the supermarket get back bikinis. Lisbon's having a three five hundred dollar fine for being noisy and a quiet place.
Speaker 7: I was in Lisbon last year. The whole point of Lisbon is that it's noisy where you go there.
Speaker 6: Turkey, if you take your seatbelt off before the plane says you can, you're going to be fine.
Speaker 7: One hundred and four dollars.
Speaker 6: There's no pub crules, so like loads of places in Europe say, you know you can't go on a pub rule, Well, what defines a pub crule?
Speaker 7: Is that two pubs? Or is that six pubs?
Speaker 4: But you know what the great thing is, how many is a crawl?
Speaker 7: How is a what's a crawl?
Speaker 6: For you?
Speaker 7: Well? Three?
Speaker 4: IM a non drinker, so oh there you got there. I'm a little bit useless in this particulous circumstances.
Speaker 3: But you would you would think it would have to be at least three or four because you would always go somewhere before dinner, have dinner after dinner. So that's three that could technically I.
Speaker 2: Think to be four or more.
Speaker 6: Is that you know what the real opportunity here is for our tourism industry. We need to come up with a new campaign which is basically, come as you are, where your bikini in the supermarket, you can have as many go to as many pubs as you like. There's one there's one that says, you know how you have those all inclusive deals? Yes, well the all inclusive alcohol deal is now that you can only have maximum of six drinks.
Speaker 7: So who's going to police that?
Speaker 6: If you've got an all inclusive deal, who's counting your drinks as you're ordering them?
Speaker 7: Look, Europe's getting tough, we know Barcelona. There's the laura that.
Speaker 4: Means there's an opportunity here for us in Australia.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, we just sell it as that anything goes country absolutely a bit messy, it might be a bit noisy, there might be a few boobs hanging out.
Speaker 3: But you know, We've been that country in the past and I think we should celebrate it.
Speaker 4: But remember Caroline.
Speaker 6: When I lived in Britain back in the nineties, everyone had their boobs out on a beach, So I don't know what this about to.
Speaker 2: Had become prudes.
Speaker 3: As always, Thank you so much, Angela Molla, Thanks Carolyn. Joining me now is child and adolescent psychologist Clairo Claire. Thank you for coming to the show. Big Few or about Newington College going co ed. There were some legal proceedings they have failed. What's the reasoning behind this particular decision.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks Carolyn. Yeah, the decision from Newington, big private private boys' school soon to be co ed now in Sydney, and of course there was a big legal battle to try and stop that, mostly from the old boys of the school. That's fallen over basically with a judge ruling that you know, the constitution allows this of the school, that they have every right to go ahead with that plan, which I think is coming in with girls now in twenty thirty three. So it's a very disappointed people, I suppose with that decision that school Newington in Sydney, very prestigious private school, is one of a few now private boys schools.
Speaker 2: That are turning co ed.
Speaker 8: I would note it's never actually the girls' schools that welcome in the boys. It always seems to be the other way around. But there we go, and.
Speaker 3: Look that there was obviously legal proceedings and that was to do with the interpretation of that particular constitution. But onto the issue of single sex versus co ed education. What's your view on single sex schooling or co ed schooling and the impacts and potential impacts on child learning. Yeah, this topic comes around and it seems quite polarized, but I mean my take is there.
Speaker 8: Needs to be choice. It's not an either or approach. The outcomes on learning. Actually, there's no really conclusive research. There is some research to the shows, of course, that children come out with maybe some confidence and empathy and maybe some better communication skills with the opposite sex in coed education. Of course, the argument for coed education is that it mirrors the real world, so communities and workplaces and families aren't gender segregated. But then I would argue, there's a lot of kids who do really well in a single sex school, so this has to be about a parent's choice. There's a lot of your research that shows that some girls are less inhibited, they're less worried about their image. As you can imagine, without boys around, they're more likely to take up stem subjects. And I think, you know, sometimes culture and tradition is just more important to people, and that's okay. So I just think progression should be about choice for parents looking at their individual child. A child's like cologists. But I've got two kids, and I actually think i've got one of each. One will do really well in a single sex school. One probably co eds. So I just don't think that we can have progression if we're going to eliminate or minimize choice for parents.
Speaker 3: No fair enough, I went to a single sex school. I was a massive nerd, so I think it suited me really well.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 3: Now onto the perennial issue, unfortunately, of closing the gap, and again a big part of that is health and education outcomes for Indigenous kids. Have we made any progress recently and is there anything new that's proposed in that space which is likely to help those particular issues.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not making.
Speaker 8: Much progress as far as I can see. The latest report shows that four out of seventeen objective outcomes for the Closing the Gap policy are on track only four out of the seventeen, so no, we're not doing much. And the latest proposal is that, oh, you know, need to include decision making with communities and indigenous voices, and of course we should. That makes sense and I think that most Australians recognize that we don't need a third chamber of Parliament to do that. We don't need to mess around with changing the constitution.
Speaker 2: We just need to get on and do it.
Speaker 8: As you said, you know, a lot of this comes down to health and education, but across the board, I think one hundred percent of Australians are ashamed and appalled at the developmental outcomes of Indigenous kids, who by four and five years old are absolutely you know, delayed developmentally compared to non Indigenous kids. So I think, like in most areas, it's just about more action, isn't it, and it's less policy making. And from an education point of view, I actually think that we need to come to this from the point of view of not significantly lowering our expectations for Indigenous kids, like we kind of think they're indigenous, so you know, they're not going to attend school and that's okay, that's not okay, because that's how we set them up for a better life in the future, is through education. So we need to hold the same standard for these Indigenous kids and these expectations for them as we would other Aussie kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they still they deserve to be able to achieve, just like any other child in the country. Now onto youth crime, and I think it's pretty fair to say that it's a bit out.
Speaker 2: Of control in Victoria.
Speaker 3: There's now been an immediate ban on the selling of machetes. Why is the government in Victoria so obsessed We're treating the symptom and not treating the problem.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I mean, on one hand, there was an immediate ban. On the other hand, the other government gave forty eight hours to retailers. So one could argue we're safer now with less machetes on the street. But I don't know if we are safer. I think there's more machetes because of the fire sale that happened in the last forty eight hours. They've all sold out. So you know, it's just the same thing with Alan government of reactive policy and a really short term look at things. Research by the IPA into youth crime has shown actually the biggest to turrent of youth crime is not actually things like the severity of the punishment. Youth criminals are not thinking about that. The biggest to turrent is whether in the moment they're going to be caught or not. So that's a pretty cost benefit shallow analysis, but that's the reality of it. So I think if the Allen government was really serious about cracking down on this, they would put their funding and support into the police and have them more visible. And if mashety attacks are happening in shopping centers, there needs to be police and shopping centers. At the end of the day, that's no different to the primary school yard, is it? Where you know, troublesome kind of kids don't act out when the teachers on duty. And that's what the IPA research says. I think that that's where we need to look at things. But at the end of the day, I think all the policies and ideas come out to really fringe and around the edges, bail reforms and things like that. But actually that's how youth criminals decite in the moment impulsively whether they're going to act out or not.
Speaker 3: No fair enough. Now, lastly, and I've only got about a minute yet left, but a Canadian university has launched an adulting one to one course to teach basic life skills.
Speaker 4: Now, Claire, isn't this just the mother.
Speaker 3: Of all indictments that we've failed our children on development?
Speaker 8: Yes, this university cause is proposing to do things like teaching not kids, twenty year olds how to put the washing on and how to do the super much shopping. This is the job of parents. And I've always said, you know, we completely overprotect our kids in the real world.
Speaker 2: We underprotect them in the online world.
Speaker 8: But kids need to be able to by the time they're in primary school walk into a shop and buy something. We absolutely need to be teaching life skills.
Speaker 2: It's not enough just.
Speaker 8: To house your here and feed them. You need to be parenting them. You've got eighteen years to turn out a fully functioning human in society. It's a lot longer than most mammals get and we're failing that and we've got universities teaching it, which just seems bizarre.
Speaker 2: It seems totally.
Speaker 3: Bizarre given some of the other things we worry about. Our universities you think your kids would be better off learning those life skills at home. But as always, Clairot, thank you so much for joining the show.
Speaker 8: Thanks a lot still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefties Losing It, Plus shocking footage has emerged of a Democrat insider exposing Joe Biden's inner circle.
Speaker 2: Adam B.
Speaker 3: Coleman joins me next with the details. Welcome back to the show, and now it's time for Lefties Losing It and Democrat Representative Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 4: Well, she is back in the headlines. You right, Remember when she ridiculed Texas Governor Greg.
Speaker 3: Abbott for being in a wheelchair, calling him the governor hot wheels.
Speaker 5: We in these hot ass Texas streets, Honey, y'all know we got governor hot.
Speaker 8: Wheels down there.
Speaker 9: Come on now, and the only thing hot about him is that he is a hot ass mass honey.
Speaker 3: Or perhaps the time she admitted that she was only hired because she was black.
Speaker 9: When I first became a public defender, I had no criminal defense experience and I walked in and I told my boss, Charlie, I said, listen, you should hire me. He said why, I said, because I'm black.
Speaker 3: Well, now she's come out swinging, calling for Republicans to question President Trump's mental acuity.
Speaker 5: It is time for Republicans to start calling him out and started questioning his mental acuity and whether or not he is equipped to serve mentally.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all very interesting because where was she when people were questioning Joe Biden's mental acuity?
Speaker 5: People tried to talk about the mental acuity of Joe Biden, and as someone who was able to interact with him, I never questioned his acuity.
Speaker 3: And if that isn't enough, Jasmine Crockett cringe for one day, enjoy this short clip that she shared on her social media. Yes, she actually thought this was something worth sharing.
Speaker 10: Jasmine Crocking, she rises with the dum fighting for justice.
Speaker 1: I will never be gone.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: See here none other than Hollywood action star Chuck Norris. Well, he explains why he left the Democrats and became a Republican.
Speaker 2: I used to be a Democrat, but unfortunately the Democrats went too far to the left, and the Republicans moved into their position that the.
Speaker 4: Democrats were forty years ago.
Speaker 2: Yes to see, and so the what the Democrats.
Speaker 6: Believed forty years ago, the Republicans believed today.
Speaker 10: And so I realized that I had to go.
Speaker 4: To a Republican because the Democrats has got to for oft off the trail.
Speaker 3: And it's not at all hard to see what Chuck is talking about.
Speaker 2: Look at this new.
Speaker 3: Poll which indicates that AOC best represents the Democratic Party values.
Speaker 11: Who is in fact the leader of the Democratic Party. And a recent poll showed Congresswoman Alexandria Casio Cortez topping the list of Democrats who best represent the party's values.
Speaker 2: That should terrify every Democrat.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the same AOC, who, when she isn't pretending to be a fashion model, is telling people to ignore the rule of law.
Speaker 12: They believe that the Biden demonistration should ignore this ruling. I think that we know the courts have the legitimacy and they rely on the legitimacy of their rulings.
Speaker 3: Classy with a capital K joining me now is political commentator and author of The Children We Left Behind.
Speaker 2: Adam B. Coleman.
Speaker 3: Adam an allegation was made some months back about the use of autopen during the Biden administration, and then obviously consequently questions over who was pulling the strings if the former president wasn't where in signing things himself.
Speaker 4: So, what's the latest with this auto pen situation.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the latest with the autopen situation is that the GOP is now starting to do investigations. They're making claims about staffers being the ones who are actually making decisions as to what is actually being signed supposedly by the president. And coincidentally, you have some Democrats, some of them are media personalities like Jake Tapper, who are coming out and saying that Joe Biden's cognitive ability was declining. The thing that we all could tell, you know, if we're just being honest and paying attention, and that puts into question was he aware of all the things that are happening in the White House? And if he wasn't, who was behind it? So it's less about the autopen because even Trump has used autopen, but he's aware that it's being used, he's given the authorization for being used. But if Joe Biden is sleeping all day and someone else is turning on the autopan function and pardoning people just because the occurring favors, that's a massive issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, potentially a huge issue.
Speaker 3: Now some big admissions from a Democrat insider. Now there was an undercover video from Project Veritash showing DNC Vice chair David Hogg revealing that Jill Biden's chief of staff allegedly held a lot of power.
Speaker 1: The bigger issue was like the inner circle that was about Biden.
Speaker 7: That's it, and I keep stressing, I keep strengths to you another Jill Biden's chief of.
Speaker 8: Staff, like had an enormous amount of hour Jill Biden, Jill Biden's chief That was like an open secrett of like I would avoid you.
Speaker 6: You was scary.
Speaker 10: What was the thing? Anthony Flord, Now.
Speaker 3: This is something that you know a number of people were speculating about for some times, and this revelation really puts moments like this inter question.
Speaker 14: We're grateful and Jill is here today, heard that clapping. It wasn't for me. Today at the Top four meeting, Jill's going to give an update on the House Initiative, White House Audition.
Speaker 3: Adam, what impact does this have on people's trusting institutions?
Speaker 13: Well, it's and this is having a massive impact. You know, even Democrats are questioning their entire party. They're questioning, how did this man even end up in the position of power. Speaking for myself, personally as a former Democrat. When I saw him running for office, I asked the question as to why, what is the motive behind all of this, because it was very clear that he was falling apart. It was very clear who's belligerent. And it's also clear that the reason they wanted him is because he was controllable. They were able to push all types of agendas without any sort of fight from him, And he got to have the title as President, and Joe Biden got to be the first Lady, and.
Speaker 10: So everyone was wielding power around him.
Speaker 13: But no one was actually thinking about the American people and what was actually happening.
Speaker 10: So no, a lot of people are not having.
Speaker 13: Trust in institutions insanely that they did a decade ago at Lease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fair enough, And look, you can understand when those sorts of allegations are made that people really question even the most basic of institutions. Functions now onto a Colorado sports brand and it's found it'sself in some trouble with the state's anti discrimination law.
Speaker 2: What's the story here?
Speaker 13: Essentially, their new law is an antidiscriminatory law, but it's a very progressive antidiscriminatory law, and Essentially, it's trying to cldify that if you use certain language in advertising, that it can be seen as discriminatory, and that every person in Colorado supposed to have some sort of right to non discriminatory advertising. So, if you're someone who is transgender and believes that even though you're a biological man, you're actually a woman, someone saying that trans women are men is someone that is being offensive to you, and so that could lead to all different types of lawsuits and things of that nature. So XXXY assuming because they're putting their business in jeopardy by saying biological truths that biological men are men, regardless if they were addressed or not. So this is essentially why they're trying to fight back against the state.
Speaker 10: And I hope they do.
Speaker 3: Well well and we will say how that goes. But I mean, this year is not a situation in isolation. Trump's threat to cut federal funding over the mission of trans athletes in women's sport has prompted a rule change in California.
Speaker 2: What's happened here? What's the latest with these.
Speaker 13: Yeah, essentially they're reacting to Trump, but they're giving a lukewarm response.
Speaker 10: So the championships that they have.
Speaker 13: Obviously they are trans athletes who are competing, and it's of course biological men always competing in women's games. So what they did was for the spots that the trans athletes were taking up, they added additional spots for the women who lost their spots because of the trans men being there, which is superficially fine, but at the same time, it doesn't remove these trans athletes who have a disadvantage or who have an advantage over the women.
Speaker 10: It doesn't remove.
Speaker 13: Them from actually winning, so they can still take medals. They still can win these competitions.
Speaker 10: So it's a moot point.
Speaker 13: It's like, okay, sure we'll have more women be involved as they lose, Like, that's not any sort of fairness. And for them to think that this actually abides by what Trump is actually wanting, I think is far fetched.
Speaker 10: But we'll see what happened. I think that there's more changes that are coming down the pipe. But if they think this is it, this is definitely not the solution.
Speaker 3: Well, there really is a big difference between participation and competition. So I take your point there that it is a point. Now our next story is almost amusing because when you think of the US Secret Service, you think of you think of discipline, But a couple of officers have found themselves suspended this waking well, what I would say, is a rather unusual set of circumstances.
Speaker 13: Yes, it's an unusual set of circumstances when it comes to two Secret Service members fighting each other and there being caught on camera outside of Obama's location. But it just goes to show you the level of this array that is stemming from the federal government and especially coming from the Biden administration.
Speaker 10: And I would wager that.
Speaker 13: Some of these people, I don't know these particular agents if they were hired during the Biden administration, but.
Speaker 10: There is a lot of chaos that was happening.
Speaker 13: We can also look at what happened with Donald Trump and the assassination attempt and the failures of the Secret Service that led for him to be even shot in the first place.
Speaker 10: So none of this shocks me.
Speaker 13: But the Secret Service has a little bit of tumultuous history. We've heard, you know, situations of them getting prostitutes and foreign nations and things like that, So this doesn't strike me as completely abnormal.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're not as disciplined as we all give.
Speaker 2: Them credit for.
Speaker 3: Now, we've also learned that the FBI is revisiting a few things.
Speaker 4: Which might have potentially fallen off there.
Speaker 3: To do list like the White House cocaine find what's this all about?
Speaker 2: And should we speak expecting any action here?
Speaker 13: Personally, I don't think there's going to be any sort of action. You know, we're talking a small amount of cocaine, not that there should be any cocaine in the White House, but it was very clear that the Biden administration wasn't going to take this particular situation seriously. For all I know, it could have been a staffer who left some sort of cocaine at in the White House. I don't know if this is that big of a deal. You know, if it was a lot of cocaine, if it was a large mountain of cocaine, then it would be a different story. But it looks like it was for a personal usage. They can do their investigation, but I don't think much will come from it.
Speaker 3: Now on to Democratic Senator Michael Bennett, and he's at a crack at his own party or his party's brand, I should say, And I'm sure there's some truth in it.
Speaker 2: But shouldn't they be concerned.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't these concerns be raised and dealt with internally?
Speaker 10: No, I actually like it that it's public.
Speaker 13: It shows that it tells the American public that they're finally waking.
Speaker 10: Up just a little bit.
Speaker 13: There's a little bit of glimpse, a little bit of a hope, but then realizing that Democratic Party is lost, and they finally recognize that they're a bit lost. And some of especially the blue dog Democrats, are getting fed up of the progressives who've taken over, who've led this charge of being anti male and talking about patriarchy and everything is oppressive. So yeah, there's a bit of disgust, and I'm glad it's finally happening. I am one of those Democrats who walked away and became an independent because of this very thing. It is a party that is not appealing anymore. It doesn't speak to the majority of the American population. They cater to a niche audience of typically wealth the elitists, coastal elitists, and they don't speak the same language I do.
Speaker 10: They don't have the same concerns that I have.
Speaker 13: So I'm glad that he's actually being public about it because while they're you know the reason for him saying this is because he's anti Trump whatever, but he is speaking some truth that their brand is actually terrible.
Speaker 3: And I suppose for people out there, you know, like you, who are worried about the brand, you're hoping that they maybe have just worked it all out. Now, the US's enemies have criticized Donald Trump's proposed one hundred and seventy five billion dollar Golden Dome missile shield. Is this meant to be a joke.
Speaker 10: No, Actually, he's very serious about it.
Speaker 13: Believes during Trump's the first administration where space force was brought about, So he's very serious about reinforcing space, you know, having some sort of space command looking out for the America's interests when it comes to space as well. Of course, North Korea and Russia aren't going to like it, trust and belief. If they're the ones doing it, they wouldn't be complaining.
Speaker 10: So you know, they're.
Speaker 13: Saying that this might turn into another space race or arms race or some sort of race. But I don't really care what Russia or North Korea thinks about this. What I do care about is actually how much is it really going to cost. Some estimates are saying that his numbers are very conservative.
Speaker 10: For the real.
Speaker 13: Estimates maybe or times the amount that he's claiming.
Speaker 10: So is this worth it? And actually, how long is it going to take?
Speaker 13: This is just going to be more government blow and that's the thing that we should be concerned with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a definite question that the American people, I'm sure are very interested in.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: MPR is suing the government over Trump's executive order, obviously, which was aimed at the public media. What's the claim and does it have any merit?
Speaker 13: Yeah, their claim is that Donald Trump is impeding on their First Amendment, right, but he's not. The reality is that Empire's budget is about one percent coming from the federal government, even if it was fifteen or fifty percent. MPR is a private organization and they're not entitled to federal funding. And that's the biggest problem when it comes to MPR. They believe that they're entitled to the consistent, the status quo of receiving money from the federal government, just like much of the federal government or much of the apparatus that's attached to the federal government around DC especially, So no, you're not entitled to our tax money. It's not Trump's money, it's my money too. So if there are questions about your conduct as a private organization, the federal government doesn't have to fund you. And so very clearly ninety nine percent of your budget comes from elsewhere.
Speaker 10: Fill in the gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: He's not stopping them from saying what they're saying. He's just saying that the American people aren't going to pay for it. The two totally different things. Now once at the US university scene, and Trump has suggested that Harvard cut its international student intake to fifteen percent. Now, he's gone pretty hard on the Ivy League universities.
Speaker 2: What's this latest barb what's the pose of it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, when it comes to Harvard, they're once again upset that the gravy train is ending when it comes to federal funding. Even though they have over fifty billion dollars in endowment they and they're essentially a mid tier hedge fund, they still think that they should get as much money as they possibly can from the federal government. And they especially don't like it that Trump is calling into question how many foreign students that they bring in and for what reason?
Speaker 10: And it's very clear. I mean it's an open secret. You charge a.
Speaker 13: Crazy amount for a crazy amount of money for foreign students to come into your school. You make a lot of money that way, so you just keep increasing the amount of foreign students who can come through.
Speaker 10: And so they're calling into.
Speaker 13: Question the quality of students are coming in, the reasons for taking in all these foreign students, And you know what, I'm all for it. I'm all for them looking out for because very clearly they're not very good at delegating how many I don't know, terrorist sympathetic students who are coming through, who aren't here for the American experience, who are here to alter our society to some degree. And granted that's not all of them, but they're obviously not taking Trump's threats seriously, and so he's exercising what he is saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, he is absolutely exercising what he is saying. Adam Coleman, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Still to come.
Speaker 3: And Megan Michael thinks her next venture will make her a billionaire.
Speaker 2: But she also feels guilty about being rich.
Speaker 4: Kinsey Schofield joins me next.
Speaker 2: To discuss that and much much more.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, to the show, and joining me now is celebrity and oral reporter Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey Megan Michael thinks her latest adventure is going to make her a billionaire, and yet she feels guilty about having money.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, this is really getting.
Speaker 15: Tysome Lemonada's ad partner is Gretchen Ruben Media, and they generally pay between twenty five to fifty dollars per one thousand downloads. Megan would get the high end of that because of name recognition, but based on the analytics provided by Fast Company magazine this week, Meghan's made approximately forty thousand dollars for season one of Confessions of a Female Founder, not exactly Spotify money. And if she's trying to be a billionaire, I think she's going to have to hustle a little bit harder in the jam and the podcasting space.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But why talk about feeling guilty about having money?
Speaker 4: I mean, we all know that they have it. Why are you talking about it?
Speaker 3: It's really quite ghost, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 15: But that's not the line that I took away from it. She talked about a scarcity mindset, and I feel like that is such a reflection of the chaos we see in her unleashing all of these brands, this relentless promotion. It's the fear of not having enough money that I really took away.
Speaker 1: From that conversation.
Speaker 3: Very interesting now speaking about one of those one of those projects, and that's her lifestyle brand as Ever. Now there's rumor she won't be restocking some of her products, including her Jam. We have been talking about this for so long, this can't actually be serious.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she said that she's going to take a step back and kind of try to reevaluate the as Ever brand until twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: She told this to Fast Company magazine.
Speaker 15: Constant reinvention breeds skepticism. One minute, she's a podcast host, the next a lifestyle guru, then a children's book author, now a Jam entrepreneur. Reinvention isn't inherently bad, but without follow through or success in any one domain, it's to look like flailing, not versatility. And this inconsistency makes it hard for anyone to invest emotionally or financially in Megan Markle's ventures.
Speaker 3: And onto that investment. And that is a really important point that you make there. Do you think that her well in your view, I hed.
Speaker 2: Back is getting banged for back.
Speaker 3: Are they starting to lose patients like at some point pick something and stick with it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm sure that there is a lot of frustration. I think that we saw it on full display with Spotify. They just weren't as secretive as everybody else has been, or they haven't had as much patience as everyone else has been. Ted Sarandos still trying to tell us that he thinks Megan Markle has this big cultural impact that I'm patiently waiting to see exactly what is definition of cultural impact means. But there has to be a lot of frustration, especially just with the constant rebranding Love and New that their new micro or Timu Royal Court that they've created, and eleven new members that are going to help.
Speaker 1: Rehabilitate their image.
Speaker 15: It has to be exhausting for the people that have invested in them to say everything seems so aimless.
Speaker 1: Can you just focus.
Speaker 3: Now onto the more celeb scene rather than Royal So Lindsay Lowan, well, she's been part of the celebrity scene for a very long time, but some recent rumors apparently about her changing face.
Speaker 2: What's the speculation here.
Speaker 15: But she's had a facelift, and you know what, Lindsay Lohan is refusing to admit that she allegedly went under the knife and claims her new face is thanks to listen to me when I tell you ice cold water splashes to the face and drinking juice every morning like carrot, ginger, lemon and apple. Oh and she's a big pickled beats person. She claims she's all natur l that's not a face, it's a group project.
Speaker 1: But god, lover, she looks amazing.
Speaker 4: She does look amazing, and god, we wish it was all that simple.
Speaker 3: Now to the Australian celebrity scene and debor a Furness Hugh Jackson, Hugh Jackman's extrange wife. Well, she has broken her silence and what is a catalyst for this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 15: So while they split in twenty twenty three, she finally officially filed for divorce this week.
Speaker 1: I think it's after these photos surfaced of.
Speaker 15: Hugh Jackman moving his current girlfriend in and Devor spoke about the traumatic journey of betrayal and a lengthy statement.
Speaker 1: She told The Daily Mail on Tuesday that they're split is.
Speaker 15: A profound wound that cuts deep and without naming her famous husband or his girlfriend s like subtly confirmed this affair, and insiders say that Hugh Jackman is extremely disappointed and blindsided. He believed they had an understanding that they would not publicly discuss one another. He is dodging so much negative press right now because of his association with Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. He's worried both scandals will really negatively impact his popularity.
Speaker 2: That's a very very interesting point, isn't it.
Speaker 3: But now want to some happier news, I suppose, and some recent business news for Haley Beber.
Speaker 2: What's the latest with her beauty brand?
Speaker 15: Yeah, she's officially joined the coveted billionaires club. She probably Megan Markle's probably calling her up right now, but she her Road beauty brand reportedly has signed a deal with Elf Cosmetics that's worth about one million dollars, while her husband, Justin Bieber reportedly grapples with financial troubles. It was Wednesday that they announced a definitive agreement.
Speaker 1: Haley's latest milestone.
Speaker 15: Fallows reports that her husband is facing financial difficulties. For months now, the pop star has allegedly been dealing with debt linked to has canceled twenty twenty two Justice Tour, So she's the breadwinner today.
Speaker 3: But I also think it's a great story from an entrepreneurship.
Speaker 2: Point of view.
Speaker 3: And you know, we were talking about Megan Markel earlier, but he is someone who started approaching and went on to be successful with it. And I think that that shows real paradox, don't you.
Speaker 1: Three years, this has existed for three years, and she was so savvy.
Speaker 15: The phone case that holds the lip glass, the lip glass that's the exact shape of hers. Yeah, I mean, and she's utilized the influencer title to actually generate an incredible revenue and an incredible product. I have two of her lip glasses in my makeup bag right now. So it is an exciting project. And she is torn apart on the internet regularly. There are a lot of similarities between her and Megan Markle. So Meghan might want to pick up the phone and say, do you mind mentoring me a little bit here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be the very good point, Absolutely an excellent point. Now, so much in the news about brigetting Emmanuel mccronin whatever that particular incident was, but a lip reader has weighed in on it. So what did they have to say about what was said during this incident?
Speaker 1: I cannot get enough of this story.
Speaker 15: After the incident, a lipreader claims things turn icy again once the couple start down the stairs to the tarmac. The president offers his arm to his wife. She ignores it, clinging to the railing instead, and the lip reader claims as.
Speaker 1: She passes, she appears to mutter, stay away, you lose her.
Speaker 15: Emanuel apparently replied to her by saying, let's try please to what she allegedly answered no, And the expert described it as a rare, unguarded exchange that hints at deeper tensions between the couple.
Speaker 3: Now you've said that there's nothing that you don't love about this story, So what I mean, Look, we all saw it, and it was it was really quite. It was quite bruising in a I suppose a figurative as well as a literal sense. But we don't often get to say these sorts of things. What were the things that were notable that really stood out to you.
Speaker 7: In this.
Speaker 15: But you know Emmanuel saying we were just being playful, I mean to me, we were just being playful.
Speaker 1: It wasn't anything you're jumping to conclusions.
Speaker 15: That's why I hope I'm not being insensitive when I say I love everything about this story. But it was just such a voyeuristic moment, and I hope they were just being playful. But the story just seems to have so much meat that we have yet to get to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think there's probably I think you're quite right. I think there's probably a bit more to that. Kinsey Schofield, thank you so much, thank you, And that's it for me tonight up next to his Newsnight, good Night,