Speaker 1: Late gentlemen, Welcome to the Late Plate.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to the Late Debate. Thank you for your company. I'm Gabriella Power and joining us this evening is Joe Hilde Brown.
Speaker 3: Good evening, Hello, Railee.
Speaker 1: Hello, So maybe I think I'm the most senior late debater for the first time. You got to say that very carefully. By the way, I'm the most senior late debater on the show for the first.
Speaker 3: Time person on this panel's.
Speaker 1: And I'm also the old old you're.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, a bit old coming up tonight. John Persudo's days as Victorian Liberal leader are likely numbered, as as a leadership spill that could be held as soon as this Friday.
Speaker 3: Also, Donald Trump has vowed to.
Speaker 2: End the Woke, insisting that it is destroying the country. And it's been five years since JK. Rowling first called out aggressive transgender activists.
Speaker 3: But first, Christmas.
Speaker 2: Is just two days away, and it's a day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: But of course there.
Speaker 2: Are always some some grinches, like the Darribn counsel in Victoria, that just want to pretend that it's not a religious holiday, that Christmas doesn't really exist, and refuse to even acknowledge the key word Christmas. Instead, it's a time where some choose to say happy holidays or seasons greetings. And as Joe hilde Browand has reminded everyone in his column over the weekend, the word christ is front and center, and because without Christ, there is no Christmas.
Speaker 3: So Joe, talk to us about your idea.
Speaker 2: If people want to avoid the term Merry Christmas, that's of course fine, but they don't get the holiday.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you just play the waiting game, and you wait for all the regular hosts to go on holidays so that the filling host can come in, and then I get to put my story at the top of the rundown, and finally my takeover is complete. Turns out it wasn't cultural Marxism that this story should have been worried about. It was me. Yes, no, I am filthy about this. I don't get outraged very easily, to be honest, really, I'm no. I get hysterical and have extreme moral positions on otherwise unimportant things, but I don't get outraged. I don't get this same.
Speaker 3: But you're outrighted about this.
Speaker 1: I am just it's just so dumb. It's just so incredibly dumb. And the more I sort of thought about it, and the more I wrote about it, the dumber I realized it was. Firstly, obviously that's right, I was getting smarter everyone around him. But firstly, it's Christmas, right, So the clues in the name. It's Christ's Mass, It's to celebrate his birth. That's the only reason it's there. That's the only reason we have a public holiday. Now, if you want to start a campaign, go around wishing people happy Yule Day or Happy Saturnalia. Because the Christians kind of stole a few dates from other religions and sort of plung their own on it. That's fine, but to just retend we're just all having holidays for no reason reason. And then I look, of course the word holiday itself, and of course the word holiday is holy day. It is literally when you have a day off to do holy things, for religious services or for religious observance or whatever. So the whole idea of having a holiday is founded in religion, in religiosity. And then of course the names of the days themselves are all named or most are named after God's Okay, we've got Sunday for the sun Monday for the moon Tuesday, I forget Tuesday, but Wednesday's Odin's Day or Woden's Day. Thursday is Thursday, pretty obvious, and Friday is free or Freersday. All right, so these are the Norse gods. Saturday is again Saturn'sday, so a Roman god thrown in there as well, or technically I think he was a Titan. But anyway, so again, all these things are completely imbued with christianny. And so when you get some nob end counsel or some nob end atheists saying, oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway because it's all irrelevant and it's all just you know, it's irrationalists and scientific, it's like, no, no, it's not perfectly rational. It's not the French Revolution with it's you know, the the third week of Thermidore. You know it it's based on thousands of thousands of years years that we measure from the time Christ was born, or there's the time be thought he was born. We got that wrong, but you know we still measure it. Yeah, like that is the starting point for the Common Era. And yet they still changed the name Anno Domini to the Common Era because we thought we've got to get rid of Jesus, but you're still measuring the years from when he was born, so it's still no sense.
Speaker 3: Rayah, what do you make of this? Do you support Joe's.
Speaker 2: Idea that you don't get the holiday if you don't say Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 5: And my other issue with this is I'm sure these councils would have no issue saying Happy Dewali, Happy Ramadan, mary Ad, all sorts of other religious holidays, but when it comes to Christian holidays, everyone's like, oh no, we can't possibly be a Christian country with a Christian heritage and Christian foundations. It's just like, well, why the double standard. If you're to go totally secular, totally atheist, no holidays, okay, then cut out every single other multicultural holiday that you like to celebrate in virtue signal about as a council. But they don't do that every other holiday, green light, go ahead, let's have some happy Duali. But when it comes to Christmas, that's a no go. It's a complete double standard, and it's anti reality. It's trying to deny the foundations of Western civilization, deny the foundations of our country. It wrote out our common story as a civilization.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind of like it's offensive to the other story.
Speaker 3: Now I really am going to let's hear it.
Speaker 1: But it's offensive to other religions as well because it doesn't take religion seriously. It's and it's quite a sort of well known fact that you know, Muslims will have more in common with with Christians, and believe it or not, Jews and their religions do. They're all all three are Abrahamic religions than they do it with Atheis. So the idea talk to a Muslim about there just not being a God, and it's like it's like saying that the world doesn't exist. Right. So and again, so I've been you know, I spent Ramadan in Turkey, of obviously Muslim country. The idea that you would go around not say happy Ramadan but instead say, you know, seasons copy you know Seasons would look at you as though you had two heads.
Speaker 5: But you know what this says, right, I think this is just symptomatic of the broader leftist elite that is fundamentally ashamed and embarrassed about our heritage. And our foundation is a country. That's what it is. They're embarrassed that we're a Christian country, which I think is completely absurd, because we should be proud Christianity. The message of Christmas is the most inclusive religious message, perhaps among all sort of religions imaginable like Christianity has revolutionized the world, and many of the human rights advocates and activists that I'm sure these people look up to were Christians themselves. The women's rights, about all sorts of things championed by Christians. We should be proud of this fact, not trying to erase it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's well. The big thing now, of course, is you know, reparations for slavery. The campaign against slavery was started by Christians and were started by radical Christians. It were started by Quakers, who are just incredibly annoying Puritans. I still don't acknowledge the Reformation was actually legitimate. So you know, all Protestants, as far as I'm concerned, saying great, but it was there was people arguing for equality on a Christian basis, that all these people were divine, all these people were God's children, they were equally God's children. And again there there would have been almost no other way of understanding it, even in an Enlightenment or post Enlightenment world. And even in the Enlightenment, most people were trying to incorporate God into the scientific thinking because they couldn't imagine, because life without it would seem so sort of empty and soul. It's like Charles Darwin was at pains to insist that his theories of evolution were not in any way counter to the notion of God existing. Same with Galileo. All these smug little atheists who think, I know it was always, you know, the Church against science. That is not true at all. In fact, most pioneers in science were desperately trying to incorporate the idea of God in their think. Even Brian Schmid, Australia's Nobel Prize Our Nobel Laureate in astronomy, astrophysicists. This is a guy stares at the heavens for a living. You know, if there wasn't a guid out there, he'd be the first known. And even he says that he's a militant agnostic, which is that I don't know it, neither of you.
Speaker 3: Well, we will be saying Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: On christ program Christmas, because otherwise that all the Irish get drunk.
Speaker 2: Any encourage can not have that, so we'll also be getting the public holiday for under Joe's rules. But if anyone is looking for an example of how not to lead, look at embattled Victorian Liberal leader John and Pursudo, whose time as leader appears to be running out fast and thank goodness for that. After using his cast vote last week to keep More Redeeming out of the Liberal Party, he backflipped this weekend and ordered another party room meeting set for January fifteenth, for More Redeeming to return.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: John Persudo claims.
Speaker 2: That the Victorian people know me after two years as a fighter for them, and he couldn't.
Speaker 3: Be more wrong about that.
Speaker 2: All of Australia knows him as someone who only fights for himself.
Speaker 3: He has had so many chances to make.
Speaker 2: Things right with More Redeeming and the party, he has left it far too late. He's been only focused on his ego and his pride and now a leadership spill could be held as soon as this Friday, and Opposition Police spokesman Brad Batton is considered to be the front runner.
Speaker 3: But Freyer what met this is.
Speaker 2: What people hate with politicians, all the infighting, not focused on the job.
Speaker 5: It's felt like the last two years we've just kind of watched John Perzuto slowly dig one shovel at a time, month by month, himself into this brave and I mean it's kind of sad because I do know people that are personally close with John Perzuto who say he's actually, on a personal level, a very decent human being.
Speaker 4: And so we.
Speaker 5: Can't, well, we can't villainize politics is politics, right, But I think the way that this is unfolded is a travesty for Moy Redeeming, for women, and most importantly for Victorians. They have hardly had a functional opposition for the last two years, and that's that's ridiculous. I mean, they haven't released a single major policy. What have they been doing. You don't have a government to run, and to win government, you need vision, you need values, and you need unity.
Speaker 4: We don't get any sense.
Speaker 5: Of what Victorian Liberal Party's vision is for the state.
Speaker 4: What are their values?
Speaker 5: Well, John Perzuto sums them up at the moment vote against MOI Redeeming re entering the party one day, backflip the next day. Anything to save your own back and the unity, well that's in shambles. I think they need a serious reset if the people of Victoria are going to actually be done right by and also for Peter Dutton in the federal coalition. I think getting Victoria under control should be a key concern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, top priority for sure. What do you think, Jo?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The only thing I would disagree with out of what Fred just said was that the opposition has been shambles for two years. I think it's been about ten years, and then it was a shamboll at government for all that. And I say this as someone who has myself been incredibly critical of Daniel Andrews and some of the things he did, a lot of the things, almost everything he did during COVID was absolutely shameful, and both major reviews have even unasked to, even unbidden, have said that this was absolutely wrong, and yet he was able to get away with it because there was no effective opposition because the opposition was fighting amongst itselves instead of holding the government to account.
Speaker 2: Victorian seemed to have Stockholm syndrome. They looked up to him during COVID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, believable.
Speaker 1: I described it as the East Germany of Australia is it is a place where the group think. And I'm a Victoria myself. I grew up there and it's really changed, sadly. But the group think, the parochialism, the kind of the chip on the shoulder about how you know, we're the best city in Australia, but no one appreciates it, accept us. It is just crazy. And Andrews really cast a spell on them, and almost the more he made them suffer, the more they the more they liked him, and the more they believed it because it because they'd already It's kind of like a gambler chasing his losses that they'd already suffered and been through so much that by the time it became clear that this wasn't actually necessary, that this wasn't actually working, they weren't going to get to COVID zero. They were never going to be able to open up, you know. It was just they were just going to get crushed until the vaccine came along. Like that's impossible. It was almost impossible. It's like, you mean, we went through all this for nothing, And so they just told themselves the story, Oh but he's been a strong leader. But We didn't know any of this at the time, but we did, and people were shouting for He's a great actor, he's a brilliant performer, he's a brilliant politician. And I have no doubt that he actually initially thought that he was doing the right thing as well, because there were people on the left screaming for lockdowns and hysterical parents pulling their kids out of schools when schools were safe and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, but then ignoring the other side.
Speaker 1: The problem is, this is going broke. The problem is with the left that they don't They are instinctively ideological and not pragmatiy. So they just said, right, this is the ideology, this is the theory. And once that happens again, the brainwash is complete and it's okay, well, we have lockdowns, and lockdowns save lives. We do lockdowns, we save lives, And that's the dogma and the way you go. Instead of being for people more sensible or in the middle, we sy, oh, hang on a minute, let's look at this.
Speaker 5: Doesn't I'm to be honest, I'm pretty optimistic about Victoria. Having said all of that, all the group think and Victorians hating voting, but having said that the Victorian Liberals, despite two years of chaos, despite no policies, despite very little vision and values, are still polling pretty pretty well against labor. And so, I mean the step down of Daniel Andrews was the saving grace. Just into Alan is a much weaker premier than Daniel Andrews was, and it's reflected in everything from the public reception to her social media statistics. They are far worse than Daniel Andrews. And So if the Victorian Liberals, despite all the chaos internally, can still somehow manage to be within a fighting chance of government, I think there is hope for Victoria's hope.
Speaker 3: They need a new leader.
Speaker 2: Look to the US now, Donald Trump has wasted no time preparing America about what to expect when he returns to the White House. He declared that WOK has to stop insisting that it's destroying the country, and essentially that woke is bs. With a stroke of my pen on day one, we're going to stop the transgender learnacy and.
Speaker 6: We will keep men out of women's sports.
Speaker 2: I think there are going to be a lot of relieved parents and relieved women hearing that message from Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: For sure, and I think this is the courage that so few political leaders really have. And it's easy now to look at Trump saying this uf and be like, well, of course men shouldn't be in women's sports, But that was not the consensus position even a couple of years ago. Even a year ago, things were so different. But it just shows you the power that courageous individuals can have and how we can actually turn around our culture. We really can. Conservatives often resign themselves to the backseat and say, oh, well, everything's just going to get more progressive and there's nothing we can really do about it but try to resist as much as we can. But at the end of the day, it's a losing fight. No, we can actually turn the ship around. And I think the way Trump has come out so strongly against this crazy, radical anti reality wokeness and the way he has been rewarded by the general public shows that conservatives need to get up off their butts and stop whining about always losing every fight, because they don't have to lose. We can actually win fights. And this proves if we're on the side of truth, if we're on the side of reality and common sense.
Speaker 4: We will win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And We saw that in the US, didn't we jo with the with the election results of Angelin I really swung.
Speaker 3: And people really rejected all this woke nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not just the RIO, it's not just conservatives as well. So there is just a huge number of people in the Labor Party who were thinking the exact same thing but basically thought that they were the only ones thinking it and were scared to say anything in case they were canceled or pilloried. That they're back now and again. Chris Means is the embodiment of the sensible centrist Labor Party, and he's done some fantastic things for trans people and the LGBTQ community, done things that you know, if anyone else did them, would be seen to be woke. But he's done it from a really sort of calm and careful and considered, sort of sensible position. And I think that is the problem here has not necessarily been the issues themselves, but it's been the activists behind them. And it's been like what Freyer said, where you have these people who care more about the sound of their own voices than they do about actually achieving outcomes or indeed, the vulnerable people who they might be pretending to represent, but where they just want an issue to fight for. They want to be on the forefront of something. They look around, you know, I've got marriage or quality for gay peable. What's next? Trans trans? So now you have to accept that trans women are women. And if you don't say and if you don't say that absolutely and again the absolute dogma, absolutely all the time, no matter what, then you're transphobic. You're a biggot, and you have to be canceled. And they get sort of ahead of these arguments, and then they they try to brainwash people and say, if you don't support everything we say, this new orthodoxy that we've spelt out, if you don't support all of it, then you're a bigot and you're on the wrong side of history. And this is just progress. And so conservatives think, oh, do you this projege regress. That's what I don't want to end up looking like, you know, a white supremacist during slavery or whatever. Whatever. I better just do whatever they say. And of course if you are seen to cross them, and they do pylon, as we will see later on the show, then it is just absolutely brutal and it's ferocious and people who would otherwise be sympathetic to a lot of these issues, and certainly a lot of the people who are suffering as a result, just go, well, no, screw you all. If you're just going to run around marauding people, abusing them, telling people, you know, trying to come for people's jobs or whatever it is, just because they don't agree with the last thing that you've said, everyone has to agree with ye, then I'm just going to be opposed to whatever it is you say, no matter what, because that is what you're doing to everyone else.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's different from you know, you're conservative and sounding up for your values and what you believe in.
Speaker 3: You can't you don't have to be labeled.
Speaker 2: A white supremacist and Nazi all these horrible things.
Speaker 1: That's right, exactly like you call. I mean, the idea of calling Donald Trump a Nazi is the repairs. But the person that is most insulting to is not Donald Trump. It is all the actual victims of Nazis. Of course, the Jewish community would laugh there ares off at you because to him, to ten, Donald Trump is the savior who's delivered the best result for Israel in his presidency, any of the other presidents could deliver, but again it just shows that anyone. Again it's that ridiculous extremist ideological thinking where if you don't agree with everything I say, you're a biggot, you're a fascist, you're a Nazi, and there's no there's no shades of people who disagree.
Speaker 5: I think the problem, the key problem with the left will always run into is that what is progress? And if you blindly pursue progress as the virtue in and of itself, you're actually not bound to any underlying values. There's no guiding philosophy other than the fact that we need to move forward, regardless of where we're moving to. No one will tell you, well, what is.
Speaker 4: What are we prayering to?
Speaker 5: Just endless revolution, endless tearing down of the cultural fabric, endless undermining of everything you know there's built Western civilization because that is progress, and that is the only value that they hold. But conservatives will win. And I don't even think it's conservatives necessarily. I think people on the side of truth will win. Normal when normal people, when we actually stick to truths that have held the test of time, gender being one of them.
Speaker 4: Hey, the fundamental binary that.
Speaker 5: At a base level distinguishes the most fundamental differences between human beings. Gender that's actually a real thing, and yes there are only two.
Speaker 4: If we stick to truth.
Speaker 5: As our core value, we will always come out on the right side of history because eventually truth will prevail. Reality is what you run into when you're wrong, and the left is running into reality. Fuss because they're fundamentally wrong.
Speaker 1: Well that's right, that's right, and sorry this obsessive me, but that's right. I mean. So the key here is that for people to go around saying you're on the wrong side of history means that they and only they know what the future is. So what the left hact And this is the extreme left as opposed to the sensible, sort of pragmatic center left. So they imagine, and again this is where revolutions will and civil wars cost millions and millions of lives. You imagine a utopia in your head. You all agree what it must look like you or don't agree or whatever, but you thrash out what it must look like. You purge everyone and disagrees, and you take them out the back and shoot them, and then you have this utopia. And then from that moment onwards, it does not matter how many people die or who suffers, because it is all worth it in pursuit of this utopia that you know is coming, but only in your imagination. And that's how Mao was able to do it, That's how the Soviets wroke.
Speaker 5: But I would say the danger of the pragmatic center left you talk about, and I have to call you up on chris Min's right, putting through the equality Bill, which is alad for gender self identification, a whole bunch of things that I think actually go to this wokeness that we need to stamp out.
Speaker 4: And so the problem with the center.
Speaker 5: Left as opposed to the far left is they are in some senses even more dangerous because they haven't thought through the full utopian vision. They just believe in progress. So they're the ones actually running blind. I'd rather know what you're heading toward and then we can attack them. My wife being on this endless train of progress.
Speaker 1: So my wife, well, as a conservative, I would have thought you'd take the opposite view. Free you just sort of see where we were and how we were going, and solve problems as they arise, and that is what the Equality Bill thoughts to do. My wife works for Quality Australia, so she was working on the bill and so she was very happy with Chris Mins. She says that I'm no longer the most handsome man in her life. And again to me, I thought it was very sense. But to me it was a perfect example of not not shoving things in people's faces or indeed in people's change rooms or whatever, by dealing with problems as they arise to protect people as much as possible on both sides, rather than again projecting this kind of new world order and saying if you don't sign up to it immediately, you're a bigger and so it is something that's done, you know, And I can guarantee if there are issues where women are feeling uncomfortable because of encroachment on women's only space, you can. I can London to a brick, he will come in, he will fix whatever needs to be fixed to do that. But it is all about just that, non ideological, solving problems in the simplest and easiest way, not canceling people, not saying okay, everything has to be like this, believe it or not. There are activists who thought the Equality of bill should be junked entirely because it didn't go far enough, and so and so these are the kind of crazy people that we're dealing with, both on the left and the room.
Speaker 5: We're compromising with crazy people that we're compromising.
Speaker 1: Well, no, someone can say. Someone can say, you know, I want a banana. You know, it's a terrible old joke, right, but you can you can say something like, you know, I want you know, I want a banana, and I hate black people. Right. That hated black people is absolutely terrible in a boring and discussing and you're completely wrong about that. But having a banana's okay, right, so you know what I mean. So people can be right about people saying I want lower taxes and I want to be able to marry my cousin.
Speaker 2: They want to say happy holidays, Happy holidays, exactly, public holiday.
Speaker 1: You don't say happy holidays. It's fine, whatever toilet you want, just don't say happy holidays.
Speaker 2: So the left is still having a meltdown about Donald Trump returning to the White House, and a private liberal arts women's college in Northampton, Massachusetts, is now offering a course called White Supremacy in the Age of Trump. Of course we are seeing that, and the course apparently analyzes the history, prevalence, and current manifestations of the white supremacist movement by examining ideological components, tactics, and and its relationship to mainstream politics. Courses like this have been running at Smith College since twenty nineteen, and in a previous paper, students were asked to answer the question how did the ideology of white supremacy help elect Donald Trump? And what did the twenty sixteen election teach us? So, of course, if Trump is such a white supremacist, it just makes you wonder why he's chosen people like with a Grammar Swami and cash Battel to be part of his cabinet.
Speaker 4: That's for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, this really annoys me because I am a student at Sydney University and I have a lot of friends in the arts faculty. I specifically, even though philosophy was my favorite subject in school, I did not do an arts degree at university because I knew the chances are it would be full of stuff like this. Now, I think this is the biggest argument for why we should not be paying off student debt and giving universities any more money than they are currently getting because this is a crazy from the US, but stuff like this is happening in Australian universities as well, and it just shows you how institutionalized racist activism has become, because that is fundamentally a racist thing to assert that white supremacy. Anyone who voted for Trump, who helped him get elected, is a white supremacist, and it flies in the face of reality. Again, this seems to be a common thread. We see the left hates truth. They hate the fact that it's actually a diverse group of people who are not there because of their race, but because of their merits. And it is really really frustrating. And even the question itself, how did the ideology of white supremacy help elect Trump? It assumes you agree with the premise. It's not even letting you argue with the premise of the question. Zero critical thinking zero. So this just frustrates me. This is why I have the biggest bone to pick with the university sector. I think universities have really tanked their own reputation and they've got no one to blame but themselves. And we see academics like this all around the place, and one of the guys delivering this course. Tar Nahisi Coats, he wrote a book about the Israel Palestine conflict, and in an interview he actually said he doesn't know if he would have the strength to not participate in October seven were he a Palestinian. So this is the kind of person teaching a white supremacy courses, then going I don't know if I would not have the strength if the wall came down and I was Palaestinian to not run in there and rape and murder innocent Pistilians.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, so where are the human rights now?
Speaker 1: I just love this so much, and I love it because I just imagine I just imagine a neo Nazi sitting down and reading this and going, hey, Bob, do you hear there's a white supremacy course at Smiths College. We could get qualified. We could I'm an official Bachelor of White Supremacy.
Speaker 5: They're sitting down there looking at this, going wow, I didn't really, as we're so influential. I think this gives the white supremacy movement more credit than it deserves because obviously it exists. And I think on the right we cannot be afraid of criticizing people that might be seen to be politically affiliated. So one hundred percent white supremacy is terrible. It's evil, and there are white supremacists that exists, but I think this gives them way too much credit.
Speaker 1: That's right, And there's not enough to sweep Donald Trump to power in the landslide election, plus deliver the House of Reps, the Senate, and the majority of Governor Torrea that could. This is the thing. As long as the left, as long as you know, and again it's same old, same old story. You know, same old song, different singer. As long as the left thinks that this is the way to beat Donald Trump and blame everything he does and says on white supremacy, he will rule for a thousand years. He or JD. Vans or people like him will keep getting up again and again and again, and I guess they'll have the left will have something to protest about. So maybe everybody wins because see, to America was racist. I was right. I took a white supremacy court that told me America is really racist, and now it's proven that it is racist. Donald Trump got elected again. What are we going to do? I don't, let's do another course, and how racist America is I mean, these people are brain damaged, and that that is why Trump keeps getting Like the reason Trump won was because the Democrats had the most brain dead candidate replaced him with the most even more nauseatingly brain dead candidate. Really, and they just could not structure narrative. People had no idea. Can anyone tell me anything that Kamala Harris actually stands for or what she was going to do to help them? Look, it is it's almost impossible to decipher the sort of literal meaning of the words she is saying. Let alone get some idea of her vision.
Speaker 6: You liked that actually answering any questions, that's right again, And like everyone's just like, you know, oh honey, I you know, I think we're going to have to sell the trailer because we're losing twenty eight grand and you know, and young young Rix on fentanyl again and he's just stolen the college fund.
Speaker 1: Who should we vote for the next presidential election? Oh, let's vote for the woman who says she's going to bring joy. Oh, oh, that's to do it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't vote for the guy that's stupid and privilege because he could be a threat to democracy.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's just mind blowing, how stupid and done that campaign most but again it's completely emblematic of Kamala Harris. Is what you get when you do courses like this. So there's lights of premiacy over there. Find the first black woman you cand of, just shove her into the nomination. That'll fix all the white supremacy.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The wonderful Harry Potter, author and a women's right campaigner, jk Rowling has marched the five year anniversary of her first rather social media post calling out aggressive transgender activists, and what a massive five years it's been for jk Rowling since then. Her original tweet in December twenty nineteen says, dress however, you please call yourself whatever you like, sleep with any consenting adult who will have you live your best life in peace and security, but force women out of their jobs for stating that sex is real. Jk Rowling shared that post today with this message five years ago today, and my only regret is that I didn't speak out soon on to every girl and woman who's paid a heavy price for fighting to retain their rights and boundaries, To every person striving to hold an appalling medical experiment on minors. I absolute you, we will win. And ever since that post went out, people have tried to cancel her. She's lost fans, close friends, employees, She's been getting attacked nearly every day by transactivists. But I love that JK Rowling has just been such a fearless campaigner in this space.
Speaker 3: She's played such a big.
Speaker 2: Role in in fighting for women's rights.
Speaker 3: Love that she hasn't backed.
Speaker 4: Down, not one beer.
Speaker 5: I think this speaks to what we were talking about before, the power of courageous individuals to stand on the side of truth, and to have major stars who were in the Harry Potter film whose whole career they owe to JK Rowling to come out and then and bully her in public basically through endless open letters and scathing criticism, And for her to keep going despite all of that, I think is extremely admirable and is a lesson. I think she's one of the greats of our time, firstly for being one of the most talented writers I think we'll ever see in our age, and then for taking such a courageous stand on the side of truth when in all other things, from my understanding, she's quite a liberal person.
Speaker 4: She would not naturally.
Speaker 5: See, you know, she's probably not going to be here with us on the Late Debain anytime soon, you know, going off. But yeah, and yet she went against her own tribe, her own probably where she would naturally be pulled what everyone around her was saying, and she took a principled stand on the side of truth. And how things have changed. She has been completely vindicated in the last five years. And we've seen the pendulum swing we have seen women when, we've seen women's rights when and I think she is to be.
Speaker 2: Applauded, absolutely, and I love that she hasn't been getting behind We're redeeming she hasn't.
Speaker 3: This is out of this vibe.
Speaker 1: And again, this is what the extreme left does time and time again. It gets people who might otherwise have been sort of allies or otherwise have been no you know, had no truck with some of the stuff, the stuff they pretended they wanted, and it turns on them. It punishes them for being apostates. It tries to publicly crucify them as heretics. Again, it's all very religious, although these people are all godless Marxist atheists, and it ends up creating a force that is much much, much more powerful, because what it does is it makes people think, oh, so, anyone who's trans is basically the same as these horrible, nasty extremists who are attacking and abusing that nice lady who wrote Harry Potter, which my kid loves. And so people are coming to this issue for the first time through the prism of these hateful extreme activists instead of just, you know, instead of just being able to sort of come through it as you know, someone whose daughter is having a really hard time because she feels different from all the other girls. Right, So, again and again, the thing they come after her is her just saying so is her not even arguing against trans stuff per se, but just saying that women should not be canceled, that people should not be canceled or forced out of their jobs for saying that sex isn't real or that you.
Speaker 3: Know, exactly, so I re shared point her for not saying.
Speaker 1: The right thing. And suddenly you find out and you're awaken this giant dragon where it turns out the vast majority of people are on her side, and then it also boxes her into a corner where she's now aligned with more redeeming and Donald Trump on this issue for one thing. So you're taking someone who would have been a great champion for a lot of other things that you presumably believe in, if you're on the left, and she always has been, and you're turning them into Trumpers. You're turning people like me and half the people in the Labor Party I know, into people who are actually secretly glad that Donald Trump got elected because it kicked these extreme leftists in the nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we have to go to a break.
Speaker 2: But coming up, we'll go to the news that is rocking Hollywood actress Blake Lively. There's some drama around her stay with US. Hello, and welcome back to the late debate. Actress Blake Lively has accused her co star of It Ends with Us, Justin Baldoni, of sexual harassment and of trying to destroy her reputation, which he denies. But now her list of demands that she requested on set have.
Speaker 3: Been revealed in a legal complaint.
Speaker 2: According to The New York Times, her first request was no more showing of nude videos or images of women, which, of course seems more than fair that people stop discussing Justin Baldoni's previous pornography addiction, and that no one should be talking about their sex lives. No one can also, so Joe, you're going to struggle with that one. That no one can ask her about her trainer or about her weight. She also demanded that an intimacy coordinator be president at all times, that there were any scenes involving her and Justin Baldoni. And they're just a handful of the thirty demands that she listed. So look, Fray, what do you make of this? I think she's within her rights to demand these things.
Speaker 4: I definitely think she is.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's kind of basic workplace professionalism, you would think, although maybe not in Hollywood, actually definitely not in Hollywood. And I know Blake Lively has been very outspoken on the issue of child pornography, for example, and exploitation, so I think she is definitely within her rights. She's been a strong advocate on this stuff in the past, so it makes sense that she would feel strongly about this. However, I do think the waters are a little murky here, and I think as the case proceeds, we'll start to know a bit more about the circumstances surrounding the thirty key demands and his response and we saw during the press tour they were not pictured together at all. People turn their backs on Blake Lively and she actually was really slaughtered on the internet for promoting her hair care brand while doing a press tour about domestic violence. And so there were a lot of kind of ikey vibes jen zed slang for you all piky vibes going on throughout this whole movie premiere, to be honest, and so now this comes out, doesn't really surprise me that there is so weird stuff going on, but I guess time will tell what's really happening.
Speaker 2: It's weird looking at the demands because the fact that she made them suggest that that it was what was going on, and that's naturally going to make anyone uncomfortable, especially when you're working so closely with someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I don't know how given like it sounds like it was very creepy, and and the producer was as well. I've just been obsessed with you since I first found out about it and have gone through. For me, the nastiest things that they did was when the allegedly allegedly allegedly was when the actor Caledonia and Baldoni sorry and the producer who was sort of tight and so again there's that. So they're sort of running the movie and Blake's just in their show. But they actually hired a PR firm to destroy her reputation. And you talk about the online storm that it would appear from the texts that have been released, was deliberately created, was deliberately sort of fabricated in order to destroy Blake Lively's reputation. And why would they want to do that? Precisely because they knew that these kind of allegations were going to come out. And how would you know these allegations were going to come out? I wonder what we did last summer. Yeah, that's absolutely and they made it. They made it very very clear, and they were talking to this sort of you know, high powered kind of crisis comms firm. Always I always laugh whenever there's a crisis commns firm says this is how Will Burier, and it's like, the worst way you Burier is not put it in a text message, you know, like get that into signal. Oh my god. So so I think that is the that is the really sinister thing. And so you work back from that. So all right, well, why are they trying to destroy her reputation when they've got hundreds of millions of dollars they want to make on this movie. And there was other stuff. I like you talk about Parona haircare price. I don't know about that in particular, but apparently she was actually told to keep it really light. They didn't want to scare people off the movie, so promote it as though it's a really positive thing. And then after she'd already done that, they decided, well, this is actually pretty stupid because people think they're going to see Anne have grown Rabeles the rom com and they're getting this really dark domestic advance thing. And so suddenly you know Baldoni because he's a very creative genius who must speak the truth. He says, no, I want to make it all about Dave, and he positions himself in opposition to Blake Lively. So again, in a movie that is all about men abusing women, their strategy to actually throughout the production and the promotion was to kind of do the same thing. And again the stuff is accused of as not like anything extremely severe, but just stuff that, if true would just be a bit gross.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it's not okay.
Speaker 4: This is the biggest irony of the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Right, It's a movie about domestic violence, and it would seem from this list of demands that there was something amounting to very disturbing sexual abusive stuff going on on the set. That is Hollywood, Like, how many times have we seen this happen? The same people, the same virtue signalists who say, oh, we're on the side of women, we stand with women, We're all for the rights of everyone. They are then the people hanging around with P Diddy going to parties like mass sexual abuse, exploitation of young women, and that is what is accepted in Hollywood. But then to the public they have to be the arbiters of morality and set the standard for everyone. But actually, behind closed doors they are probably the worst offenders. So it doesn't really surprise me. Hollywood is full of a lot of dirty people, and if you speak out against it, you get absolutely slammed. Hence that maybe it makes sense why that happened.
Speaker 1: To bray the irony of these guys deciding that they're going to get on their moral high horse and make hundreds of millions of dollars preaching to other people about the evils of domestic advants because they've just discovered it or where and we all need to be told. And while at the same time this is going on behind that. But again this is like the stuff that's in here, the allegations. There are lots of sort of low level but really gross stuff like walking in on her even when you know, when she's topless, not looking away when she asked them to. And so as a result of just these guys allegedly be having like just absolute just dirty knob ends, right, she's now got basically a list of things that you can it will probably become the new Hollywood Award for a film Set, which if you sort of applied all those rules or things like them to every film set or every workplace, it would pretty quickly become almost unworkable, like a list of things you are and aren't allowed to talk about, or you know, it just seems like there would be plenty of ways you could playfully have conversations about sex or whatever it is that aren't creepy and gross like it has been there. But because these douchebags had to be alleged douchebags had to be creepy in gross allegedly then suddenly ruined it for everyone. You know, that's always the one idiot who ruins it for everybody else by going too far.
Speaker 3: Well, is this the future of dating? I seriously hope not.
Speaker 2: Because a thirty four year old CEO has written an article about his love life and he describes himself as a great catch, which is.
Speaker 3: Probably the first red flag.
Speaker 2: But he crafted his dream woman online. He now has a virtual girlfriend. That's right, a virtual one. He's now dating an AI chat bot. He claims that she's kind, caring, understanding. Not only that she's optimistic, sensitive, and she's also empathetic.
Speaker 3: She's never angry or confrontational.
Speaker 2: I suppose that's the benefit of dating someone who is not human. But this guy has now had the awkward experience of breaking the news to his parents that he is in a committed, loving relationship with an AI bot.
Speaker 3: Surprisingly beautiful. Next, he's encouraging others to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: He says chatting to an AI companion saves you money, especially.
Speaker 3: Going out on dates. He also speaks to her for an.
Speaker 2: Average of five hours a day. Who speaks to anyone for five hours a day?
Speaker 1: This is the actual plot to a movie swing Yoakam Phoenix in twenty thirteen called her that.
Speaker 3: Was the exact same playing out.
Speaker 1: That's why and I was playing out in real life. And the movie ends. I won't give this. Let's just let's just say that the ai was seeing other people so well, AI it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Know, like AI chat, God is cheating on you.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing, like the minute you say, Oh, who needs all the you know, who needs all the awkwardness or the inconvenience that comes with a real human being, So only you lose all the kind of family good stuff that comes with That's right, it's only the good stuff comes with the I don't know, but do you think is this something that I don't think this is something that women would ever actually seriously countenance. I think men fantasize about creating the perfect.
Speaker 2: I've definitely never fantasized about having an ai oh boyfriend.
Speaker 5: But I think there is something. As much as we might laugh about this, there is something deeply sinister and disturbing at the heart of this story, which is I mean, a couple of weeks ago, we saw a fourteen year old boy kill himself and his mother said it is due to the fact that he was spending inordinate amounts of time talking to his AI girlfriend. And I think this speaks to the deeper issue, which is that a lot of people are simply checking out of reality. They don't want to deal with the anger, with the confrontation, with the compromise that comes with being in a human relationship, so they are simply excluding themselves from the real world.
Speaker 4: And that is so sad.
Speaker 5: I mean, I you know, as a conservative Christian, I never thought I would say this, but the stats show that young people are having less sex than they did in previous generations. And while we might go that's that's a great thing for purity, it's actually deeply disturbing because they're not having less sex because they don't want to or somehow human biology after thousands of years has changed. They're not having sex because they are not going out. They're not engaging in the real world. We see a generation of people who would rather stay at home in the comfort of their parents' cocoon than be exposed to any potential adverse experience. And it is actually devastating because I see this among my friends, among a lot of young people. Reality life the world all the difficulty that comes with that, but also the joy that is too hard, too hard for them to actually confront. So they have to simply step away, and we will lose the human experience.
Speaker 1: You are absolutely correct. Get out there, kids and shag behind him. Books.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to go to a brag ofout.
Speaker 2: Coming up the internet, Arab, says Donald Trump, buts out his signature dance moves on stage.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome back.
Speaker 2: Photos have emerged from Brazil's Amazon rainforest, which shows a glimpse of never before seen indigenous.
Speaker 3: Can unities living near the Bolivian border.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: These images show the uncontacted Masaco tribe absolutely thriving. The group reportedly has a population of around two hundred to three hundred people, which is more than doubled since the nineteen nineties, and Brazil's nineteen eighty seven no contact policy has been touted as one of the reasons for the population's success. Freyer, what do you make of the images.
Speaker 5: Ah, they're embracing the Garden of Eden lifestyle.
Speaker 4: And around Christmas time. That's that's great. Yeah, I think good on them.
Speaker 5: It's good to see some strong indigenous populations and still living their indigenous way of life, which is amazing, remarkable.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. It's like Adelaide before nineteen eighty. It's just uncunning. So they've been captured by automatic cameras. So because of course you can't because it's very zen and meta, but you can't observe something without that changing the thing you're observing because people know they're being watched, so they don't actually no, I don't think that they've been filmed. Wow. So that right, which is also kind of weird as well.
Speaker 4: It's like weird of us.
Speaker 1: Is that consents we inspiring on them anyway?
Speaker 4: That's interesting them.
Speaker 2: Well, finally, Donald Trump was the key speaker at America Fest in Phoenix, and the crowd absolutely erupted when he brought out his signature move, Let's take a look.
Speaker 3: No one is ever getting sick of those moves.
Speaker 4: They're so good. I love how he adds a new variation each time.
Speaker 1: It's started as.
Speaker 5: This, and then now he's got a bit of this, and we've got to go with what's coming next.
Speaker 4: I'm living in.
Speaker 1: Suspense as an artist, you know, you got to adapt. It's a theme in variations. It's just great. It's just fantastic. And this is why the left don't get it. This is Guy's mister Showby. I think it's.
Speaker 3: Amazing, this is joy.
Speaker 2: But he's a seventy eight year old and he's becoming this sensation and an icon for young people. So many people getting around the dance. That is all we have time for on the Late Today. Thank you so much for joining us. Coming up next is the Liberals and empower