Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: This is outside. Good morning, and welcome to Outsiders.
Speaker 3: The show that is to woke identity politics, cowardice, appeasing your enemies, moral relativism, and unhinged progressive priorities.
Speaker 2: What Joe Biden is to good government America is back high inflation rate and the name is a.
Speaker 4: Polic order is collapsating clime of COVID infections.
Speaker 5: We amplify our power, We summon the new strength.
Speaker 6: This is a recruitment and would be embarrassed to promise.
Speaker 2: Now the Taliban are back. Cobo was not in an imminent threat environment.
Speaker 7: The likelihood there is going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.
Speaker 8: In the whole country now the Taliban Taliban are now in complete control of Afghanistan.
Speaker 9: Came out.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is just one of many online posts from Trump's supporters.
Speaker 10: How did President Biden get this so wrong?
Speaker 5: First of all, the mission hasn't filmed.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if this isn't failure, what does failure look like?
Speaker 12: Exactly?
Speaker 13: You're just try not I'm getting I know where.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. These days, the ads for Trump pretty much right themselves.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 6: Do get foot out everybody.
Speaker 14: We have to ask the Taliban for permission for American citizens to leave.
Speaker 12: True or not true, They are in control.
Speaker 7: I can't think you've anyone better to lead this operation than them.
Speaker 3: And we're just chanting death to Amanda yourself.
Speaker 10: What a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got a great show coming up for you today, so buckle yourself in for the ride. But first let's grab the latest Outsiders news.
Speaker 15: Well, is there an early election in the air, James and Rita? Could Albo be planning in August election? This is the scuttle butt that's out there on social media this morning. Our friend Andrew Clanell has just.
Speaker 2: Said, has just been on absolutely no way, Rita.
Speaker 3: But PVO Peter van Onnsklin there on the Daily Mail is convinced or suggesting that we could be seeing an early election as the Albanese government slowly falls apart.
Speaker 2: I added that bit that's not Peter's words.
Speaker 6: Rita. Well, there were rumors earlier in the week as well, and Treasurer Jim Chalmers said no, no, no, there's none none of that. We're not to have any such plans. But these rumors do persist, and well placed sources are saying this is something that's perhaps being thought about at the highest levels. Obviously, the interest rate situation in this country is a concern for the Albanesi government. They were hoping for four or five cuts this year, but it looks like interest rates might be going the other direction because inflation is now four percent, So that is obviously a huge consideration because cost of living pressures are already biting hard and we've got yet another interest rate rise. That's really going to be fairly grim for the Albanesi government. And when I started hearing talk about wedding plans, I thought there's an election on the one.
Speaker 2: James, welcome back, Thank you. So how was the States?
Speaker 10: We want to hear all the States was great.
Speaker 4: We'll be talking a bit more about the States and some of the shenanigans that have been going on in that Biden White House a little bit later on in the program. But yeah, no, it's great to be back here. But I will say this August thirty first election not going to happen. A couple of reasons for that. Number one, you've got a reserve back meeting first week of August, so you know they don't want to have that happening in the middle of an election campaign. Number two, You've got Queensland. Queensland's going to an election. Everybody in Queensland's got their baseball bats out there for that labor government. Albo does not want to get in the way of that.
Speaker 2: No sure, but the argument would be that the longer Alban easy.
Speaker 10: Police, he'll he'll go a bit later in the year.
Speaker 4: He is not going to go to the full term to March or May or whenever next year.
Speaker 10: Not on your life.
Speaker 6: But yeah, after Queensland would make sense if he wants to go early. You're right, you wouldn't give Queensland as a reason to bash you first before they go after Smiley. But after the Queensland election, that would make sense because absolutely, yeah, an interest rate increase, possibly in August, will be bad, but two three more would be really bad.
Speaker 4: The thing is, too, is all of this stuff here follow the economic argument they're making. Everybody sees through this. Everybody knows that this government is is basically lying to them when they say, oh, no, we're giving you inflation relief, but it's not inflationary. It's this magic sort of credit that doesn't actually wind up pushing up price to ejecting more money into the economy. And I think the RBA, after they said the whole thing at the budget about we're going to put the three hundred dollars against your power bill before giving it to you, that was a way to try and gave inflation. I think the RBA seeds through that, and there's going to be a lot of temptation there to punish them.
Speaker 3: Well, whenever the election comes, it can't come soon enough. We have to get rid of this out of an easy government. We have to at least push it into minority status. But I would prefer see a complete change of government. Already, the nuclear argument seems to be reversing now and running in the favor of the coalition. There's a poll that has come out which shows that even in the Teal seats people are turning towards the nuclear idea. And of course they would, because the Teal seats were all predicated on pretty wealthy people who believe in the climate cult idea, but who want to see us get to net zero. The quickest way, as any intelligent person realizes who knows basic science, is the quickest way to get to net zero is to have a source of reliable and reliable base load power so we can use forever and which we have an abundance of and that is nuclear power in Australia.
Speaker 2: But what's interesting, Reta.
Speaker 3: Is you see in the teal seats the figures are changing and moving towards nuclear, but still the Albanesi government is pushing this ridiculous scare campaign.
Speaker 6: Well, of course they are, because they have gone down the renewaballs road very heavily, and there's a lot of people who have invested a great deal of money expecting those taxpayer subsidies and guarantees. There's so much market intervention in the renewable sector. It is so to me rotten because you're not letting the market decide. If this was actually the cheapest form of energy, if it made sense, it was sustainable, long term provided base load power that a first world economy needs, then you wouldn't need these tax bay subsidies to so straight up, So of course they're terrified of this. They've put everything into the renewables basket. And as we've discussed, if you've got nuclear reactors and you've got reliable, cheap, clean energy, why do you need to be polluting the countryside with windmills and solar. It really corrupts that entire process of saying we're going to have this transfer to renewables. Why would you do that if you've got nuclear as an option and you're sitting on the world's biggest reserves of uranium. That's all.
Speaker 2: Listen to Peter Dutton yesterday talking about it.
Speaker 16: The choice between Labour's reckless renewables only policy that will see the energy bills of Australians saw even more than what people have already experienced. All the coalions plan for cheaper, cleaner and consistent energy, which includes Australia becoming a nuclear powered nation, a visionary policy unlike any put forward by a political part of this century.
Speaker 3: The only argument James, that I would put forward for Albow going earlier to the polls is because the longer the nuclear debate runs, it's just like the voice, the more and more people yes start to go, oh, actually this looks quite good, this nuclear thing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go the nuclear rate it would.
Speaker 4: Be rong And I'm so glad that you said that. You are absolutely spot on. What is happening right now is the voice two point oh, there are so many similarities to this. You know, you can see it in the way the polls started out on this. You know, people, I'm not so sure about nuclear and so on, but just relentlessly prosper if you do the case. You know, in the same way that you said, and the Dutton and the Coalition and Advanced all said this voice thing is ultimately destructive for Australia and it will make life in Australia worse. The same thing goes for Chris Bowen's renewables plan. Now, the tricky political thing for Dutt is that the best way through the polls is to say we're going to do nuclear end renewables, because if we start to turn it into a fight between those two, labor starts to get an upper hand. So the key for Dutted is to say nuclear, compliments renewables and compliments gas and compliments this suite of energy policies. That's how he gets it over the line. And if the energy bills go up again, energy bills is going to keep going up. You know, if renewables really were the cheapest form of energy, why is it that our power bills keep going up? Right there? We know this and we know that the CSIRO through there gen and cost report. We know that all the assumptions that they made that went into that wound up making it look very much like renewables were cheap. We know our lived experience to use a phrase left gloves. Doesn't you know agree with that? And so that's the challenge. I think this becomes Voice two point zero for Peter Dott and renewables are now the big idea that they had after the Voice lost, and they're going to lose this one.
Speaker 2: Too, absolutely. But Reacher, I love the idea.
Speaker 3: I just want to move on from this to Chris Bowen, the Coalition's secret weapon.
Speaker 2: By the way, Chris Boone saying, love this story, Love this story.
Speaker 3: There's a guy called Frank Carbone or Carbone out there in the Western suburbs. He is the mayor of Fairfield and he wants to run against Chris Bowen at the next election. Well, I love this because Chris Bowen will be defeated by someone whose name is Carbon. Carbon defeats Bowen. It couldn't be any sweeter. Bring that election on, and I want to be there when those votes are counted and Bowen goes down to CO two itself.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Interesting discuss Russian James like to get your opinion on this.
Speaker 2: On populism.
Speaker 3: So there was an article by Paul Kelly in the newspaper deriding so called populism.
Speaker 2: This really gets my goat, as it.
Speaker 3: Were, because to me, populism is simply democracy, and by that I mean if enough people vote for a party, then that party wins and the wishes of the electorate make their way into parliament.
Speaker 2: Am I naive here, James?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no you are, because of course populism is what the people want. When what the people want disagrees with what the establishment wants, you see, so now establishment wins.
Speaker 10: It's democracy.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's more the democracy role and read it, it's our democracy, Joe Bider democracy. Everything outside is far right. All right, here's something really interesting, and I think we this comes into saying that we've talked about a lot of this program. Every single place where you see popular populace the far right, you know, oh this man on the far right, it is because people are sick of basically mass open borders migration, and they say, hang on, stop, this is having all sorts of negative effects. Green policies and green policies, but it's really in Europe where this migration issue is driving all of this vote to the right, and it is impossible for this establishment to say, you know, maybe we should actually give the people what they want and not have them go to the far right and maybe do what they want. But instead they keep trying to deal the populace out of the equation in Germany, trying to make them even illegal in some countries.
Speaker 6: Well, I think this is a really disappointing pace from someone you would expect more from, just really lacks such lax understanding, lax depth. It's the latest. It really is such a disappointing this sort of thing you'd expect to say, I don't know in the Huffington Post or Crikey. So I was surprised. Yes, there is a revolt against the open border policies that have impacted people's living standards, as a revolt against the green policies that have sent people into energy poverty. But this goes wider than that. I mean, you could call what's happening in Argentina populism, call what's happening in Ol Salvador, which was a reaction to the insane crime rate there, which has been solved. And what I really dislike about this piece about is that it's grievance devoid of genuine solutions. That's not the case. You look at what's happening in our Salvador, you look at what's happening Argentina, you look at what's happening throughout Europe. There are solutions and people are voting for those solutions. If you took that argument that any sort of democracy that I don't like is populism and you know, born out of ag grievance, well, was the Obama phenomenon populism? Because you would argue that.
Speaker 2: Was in the UK? Is that.
Speaker 10: Fascinating?
Speaker 4: What about the one million votes garnered by Joe Biden?
Speaker 10: Was that popular?
Speaker 9: Popular?
Speaker 2: But no, that was something else, but we won't go into that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just when people it's those key words people choose, like intersectionality, when they announce their pronouns to you, when they say populism without irony, I just the red flags go up, The red flags go up.
Speaker 3: Now, let's quickly go talk about the UK election. Got some great guests coming up. We've got Toby Young here in the studio. Shortly, we've got Mike Duran, Will talk about American politics with later in the show. But here's Rishi Sunak apologizing, I guess for not being populist enough.
Speaker 17: I have heard your anger, your disappointment, and I take responsibility for this loss.
Speaker 2: I am sorry.
Speaker 17: I have given this job my are but you have sent a clear signal that the government of the United Kingdom must change.
Speaker 2: Sorry, he hasn't heard the anger.
Speaker 3: Otherwise he would have done something in the last couple of years about the outrageous illegal immigration asylum seeking pouring across the Channel into Britainy would have done something about it. But no, they didn't. I love this breeza when politicians after the event, after they've been trounced, after they've ignored.
Speaker 2: Every single commentator or opinion piece or whatever they told and they were on the wrong track. So no, I'm sorry, I hear you.
Speaker 6: Now, No, and they don't. And the Tories deserve everything they copped and everything that's coming to them. They'll be lucky to be a party of the next election. They have betrayed their voters. They won with a massive landslide post Brexit, and then they governed like labor. They introduced these crazy green policies. They promised to have migration into tens of thousands. Last year it was a million.
Speaker 4: It's been not only reader, no, it's you know, the people voted very clearly in a referendum we want Brexit. Do they give them Brexit? No, they give them David Caerron, you know, they say we want custom immigration.
Speaker 2: Do they get there?
Speaker 4: No? They all share around that, you know, and let's not forget the other thing that was just horrendous was the huge COVID locked outs. You know, the COVID policies that they did.
Speaker 6: They were having passed whilst.
Speaker 4: They were having parties, so they deserve everything. Note here all of these headlines saying, oh, it's a labor landslide, Well, that's the first past the post system. But Labor increased its vote by I think two percent and the Reform Party took almost all of the Conservative vote away from it. So it is not that the UK is shifting left. It's just that's how the votes fell.
Speaker 6: Fascinating great thing where you've got thirty five percent of the vote going to labor, but they get something like sixty five percent of the seats. So that but that's the first part of the post system.
Speaker 4: That's what it is also because Reform held three quarters Cots.
Speaker 6: But Garaga's strategy, from what we understand, was always a two election strategies and he's got a foothold in there. And now if he can bring the Tories into the fold and actually have a vible Conservative party that's genuinely conservative, not just conservative in name, so the people of Britain are actually represented. I feel so sorry for that. I mean, this is like Victoria on steroids, where we really actually don't have a choice when we go to the polling booth, and these people don't have a choicepeacause.
Speaker 3: The fascinating thing reader about the election was that the populism, if you like, all the popular mood or the excitement was generated around Nigel Farage and Reform. That's where those Trump style rallies were. That's where people are getting excited. There's no enthusiast that there's no one really desperately excited to have Keir Starmer in number ten. No one is really particularly excited. It was just an inevitable result.
Speaker 2: But you're right reath to look at the next election.
Speaker 3: Nigel Farage is going to build a proper opposition to Labor, proper conservative opposition. Have a listen to Nigel Farage.
Speaker 18: This labor government will be in trouble very very quickly. We will now be targeting labor votes. We're coming for labor being no doubt about that. This is just the first step of something that is going to stun all of you.
Speaker 3: And have a listened to this guy, James mcmurdoch, who won unexpectedly the fifth seat.
Speaker 2: There for them. Sorry it's night. Have listened to Nigel talking to our candidate.
Speaker 18: James mcmurdoch was a paper candidate, drafted it at the last minute, former city boy, and he was an absolutely neck and neck with Labor in the scene. So I rang him up head. I said, look, give me the name your agent so I can find out what's happening because they were on the third recount. He said, I haven't got an agent. I'm my own agent. I said, well, who's in the hall watching the vote counting? He said, my mum and dad and he's one is an MP.
Speaker 3: Go on, my son, populism. That is populism, James.
Speaker 4: Well, that's democracy and I mean it's and so all of these people getting the vapors about it, like oh my god, the people voted for something that they wanted because we aren't happed with how the political class is governing. This is what we're seeing around the world. This is what this show is all about. This is why this show exists is because there is this political establishment that refuses to give people what they want or what people want. It's not populism, it's just democracy. Live with it, come up with better ideas.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But Rita, there has been as well in part of this election, a strong Islamic Muslim candidates have been elected. We're seeing here shades of that here with Fatima Payman. Whether that will be a new party or a lobby group or whatever it's called here.
Speaker 6: Not in WI she's type.
Speaker 3: Have a listen to this character ad Than husseyin who is elected in the British election. Feel the love and the inclusion reader, I feel all warm.
Speaker 6: And we played the clips on this program a couple of weeks ago of Keir Starmer sitting down with Sadik Khan and talking about introducing more laws, more anti free speech laws to curb what he calls the rise in Islamophobia since October seven. So that's what he sees is a big issue in the UK. So get ready Britain, because yes, the Tories were hopeless, but this labor government that's going You look at what the individual MP's and the ones who are going to be in cabinet, what their track record is, what they have said on the record. These are radical individuals. This is not a moderate labor party. If you think the alb and Easy government is a little bit radical, this slot they're Corbyn's party. Corbyn may not be heading it, Corbyn's party and I think we are just going to see all sorts of things there that are going to alarm the community. And if Nigel Farage can remain interested in the role and stay there, because let's not forget, yes, he got like fourteen percent of the vote, it was only a three or four week campaign. So if he actually stay there for the stretch and builds a coalition and can actually vet the candidates and not you get around all those issues, he's going to have a lot of ammunition to deal with.
Speaker 3: He's the bloke basically single handedly took on the entire European establishment.
Speaker 2: He'll take on this mob. I have no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Talk about Hutzpur, we had the Australian government lecturing the Israeli government on how to defend themselves. On We'll chat to David Adler and a tick about that, and of course Reta's reality check well coming up here on Outsiders.
Speaker 10: In a tick.
Speaker 6: Welcome back. You're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan Dean, James Morrow, and I'm Rita Patty And shortly we're going to be talking to doctor David Adler about some of the may and we have been seeing in our streets. But first, let's ponder for a moment about the woman who is one geriatric heartbeat away from the presidency and has been deemed the future of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 11: President Kamala Harris is because she is indeed the future of.
Speaker 2: The party.
Speaker 6: And what a party it will be led by this intellectual heavyweight, this visionary.
Speaker 19: We are watched the television coverage of just yesterday. That's on top of everything else that we know and don't know yet based on what we've just been able to see. And because we've seen it or not doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
Speaker 6: As President, Kamala Harris is a real possibility not to be elected. She is unelectable, but they may convince Joe Biden to step down and elevate her to the position of the most powerful human being in the world in the lead up to the election. Why they would contemplate such a move when the polls show that Harris would lose by an even bigger margin to Trump than Biden. Well, I can't answer that. The Democrats are demented and increasingly desperate, so anything is possible. But let's go back to Kamala who you know, she's out there on these streets.
Speaker 19: Yeah girl, I'm out here in these streets. And let me tell you you're right, Taraji. There is so much at stake in this moment. The majority of us believe in freedom and equality. But these extremists, as they say.
Speaker 2: They're not like us.
Speaker 19: Yeah girl, I'm out here in these streets.
Speaker 6: Yeah girl, I'm out here on these streets. She released that cringe worthy out this week, but I guess it's just a little bit better than this cringe worthy performance.
Speaker 19: To the lovely people of Wakanda, I know you will make the right choice. And as always, Wakanda forever paid for by Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: You know, Kamala is the wisdom. What other leader could bestow such gems of wisdom on the populace.
Speaker 19: You think you just fell out of a coconut tree. You exist in the context around and round. I'm talking about the significance of the passage of time, right, the significance of the passage of time. So when you think about it, there is eight significance to the passage of time. Here's the thing. Who doesn't love a yellow school bus?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 19: Can you raise your hand if you love a yellow school buss?
Speaker 6: Right, you guys are gonna see it.
Speaker 19: You're gonna literally see the craters on the moon.
Speaker 6: With your own eyes, with your own eyes, I'm telling you.
Speaker 19: She looks at me, and she says, oh, look at you. You're pretty in than you're on television.
Speaker 9: Mine. Look at her.
Speaker 19: No, I love ven diagrams, I really do. I love ven diagrams. It's just something about those three circles.
Speaker 6: And that's enough. That's enough. We could be here all day looking at Kamala being an absolute clown show. But let's not forget this is a woman who encouraged the lawlessness we saw in twenty twenty. She raised bail money for those arrested during the BLM riots across America.
Speaker 20: They're not they're not going to stop, and that this is a movement. I'm telling you they're not going to stop. And everyone beware because they're not going to stop.
Speaker 3: It going to They're not.
Speaker 19: Gonna stop before election day in November, and they're not going to stop after election day.
Speaker 6: Turns out they did pretty much stop after the election. Funny about that, but imagine if Tulsa Gabbett was the future of the Democratic Party instead of Kamala Harris. Remember this golden moment Back in twenty nineteen. During the Democrats' presidential debate.
Speaker 8: Senator Harris says she's proud of her record as a prosecutor and that she'll be a prosecutor president. But I'm deeply concerned about this record. There are too many examples to cite. But she put over fifteen hundred people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana.
Speaker 2: She blocked evidence. She blocked evidence that.
Speaker 8: You would have freed amn innocent man from death row until the courts forced her to do so. She kept people in prison beyond their sentences to use them as cheap labor for the state of California.
Speaker 2: And she fought to keep cash rail.
Speaker 8: System in place that impacts poor people in the worst kind of way.
Speaker 6: No no chance of Talsea leading that party. She left the Democrats because the Democrats are broken. Kamala has been deemed the future of the party and the Democrats and Kamala deserve each other. But after four ruinous years of the Biden Harris administration, America deserves something more.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 3: Rita well I was astonished and horrified by the story this week that the Australian Labor government Albanese's government had called, in formally summoned the Israeli ambassador, a mere Maimon goodload by the way to Canberra to tell him that Israel not that Australia would not support Israel if they got into a war with Hezbola.
Speaker 2: Now Hebela is a vile.
Speaker 3: Evil Iranian back terror organization threatening to annihilate the North.
Speaker 2: Did not all of Israel. Not only did the Albanesi government have.
Speaker 3: The sheer gaul to call in the Israeli ambassador in what is an existential threat to the nation of Israel. After all the atrocities we've seen going back to October seventh. What we now have is they didn't even do it. They got the junior minister Tim Watts. The Albanesi government should hang its head in absolute shame. Joining us now as the president of the Australian Jewish Association, David Adler, David I was just appalled by this, some junior guy, Tim Watts running around dressing down the Israeli ambassador. When we're talking about an existential threat to that nation.
Speaker 2: What did you make of.
Speaker 21: Look growing you're right, it was a disgrace. We were shocked about it. Credit to the Daily Telegraph for breaking the story. The headline in the Daily Telegraph was that it was an insult to Israel. That's way too mild a description. Frankly, this is nothing short of diplomatic gihad from the Australian Labor government. It's worse than a slap in the face. I don't think it has ever occurred before that an Australian government has insulted an ally in conflict.
Speaker 2: But it gets even worse.
Speaker 21: What they've done is they've aligned Australia with a prescribed terrorist organization, has Belah ap proxy of Iran. So the betraying the ally, they're betraying the demoocratic country, the only one in the Middle East. On Thursday last week, over two hundred rockets and UAVs were fired into Israel. There are over sixty thousand internal refugees in Israel. This is Israelis who live in the north who've had to leave their homes because of these attacks. And Israel has no choice but sooner or later to deal with Hasbellah and Australia declaring that it won't stand with Israel but will in effect be doing Hesbela's bidding.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, David to this character. Let's have a listen to this Tim Watts character.
Speaker 22: In the opposition think there should be no state of Palestine. We even saw Senator Shama, who should know better, hosting an event in Parliament House for extremists who are campaigning against a two state solution.
Speaker 3: Oh that was you, by the way, David, David Shalma. David Shalma had your organization there for a briefing under discussion. And this Labor government pennywe Alban easy, Tim Watts, these people are no friends of the Jews of Australia.
Speaker 2: There's not a Jewish person or a supporter of Israel, who should ever vote for the labor government in this country.
Speaker 21: Again, in my opinion, David tim Watts has no idea what he's talking about. He's at least forty years out of date. And recently, there have been a number of studies done in Israel about whether there is support for the establishment of a state of Palestine or not.
Speaker 2: There has never been won.
Speaker 21: By the way, and the vast majority of Israelis oppose it. So what we are doing is we have aligned our views with the majority, the vast majority.
Speaker 6: Michelle, with someone like Watts using parts eliamentary privilege to label you an extremist for holding an opinion that's held by the majority of Israelis.
Speaker 2: Look at what does that.
Speaker 6: Say about Israelis. I mean by extension, he's calling them extremists. If you oppose the two state solution, apparently you're an extremist.
Speaker 21: It's even misuse of the English language. I mean extreme would normally mean three standard deviations from the Meme's that's an extreme. I've never heard a majority described as extreme before. But here's here's my response, Tim Watts. I challenge you to a debate on the subject of a two state solution. Now take it up. We'll do at Oxford University style with a moderator, and let's see if you can back up that ridiculous assertion.
Speaker 3: Let's do it here on Outsiders, ok, Tim, Wat's get you here with David Adler. Let's have the debate. Let's see if you actually know what you are talking about.
Speaker 10: James, Well, though.
Speaker 4: It's mussy TV, but I want to ask you Darvi two about the extraordinary events around Fatima Payment, the senator from Wa. Now, the thing that sort of surprises me on one level is that it seems like there's only about a cigarette papers worth of difference between what Senator Payment believes and where labor is being dragged to. How concerned, though, are you that labor is going to be dragged further and further to this extreme position by the threat of other Muslim independence rising in seats in Western Sydney where a number of Labor front benchers hold their seats at the moment. And is this a concern that the government is going to be pulled further and further into this weird position that's embraced both by the hard left Greens and Muslim voters.
Speaker 21: James, You're absolutely right and earlier in the show you all were discussing the outcome of the UK election, where indeed already elements exactly like that have been elected in to Parliament, and the trend has started in Australia. We know that they're getting organized, we know it's well funded. The website's cause called the Muslim Vote, and I think that unfortunately, a decision has been taken by the labor number crunches that Israeli is expendable. They don't mind throwing the safety of the Jewish community under a bus. These sort of actions and trends that you're describing fuel anti Semitism. They fuel a risk to not just the Jewish community, but those that support violent Ghad are emboldened. And I think the Coalition needs to jump on this, not just as a Jewish Israel issue, but as a law and order issue.
Speaker 3: Parliament House, we saw all the pro Palestinian for Parro Palestinian activists got in there draping from the river to the sea, which is a call for genocide against the.
Speaker 2: Jewish people there.
Speaker 3: It is up for the images that were broadcast around the world.
Speaker 21: Let me point out the most significant part of that image, which is the inverted red triangle over the entry to Parliament House. This red triangle is a Hamas symbol. It is to identify targets for destruction there and it was put on our Parliament House.
Speaker 10: Sorry, David.
Speaker 4: There's one other bit of that though, that those signs that I thought were really telling, and that was where they also put Israel in a sequence of events starting with the frontier Wars of East Timor. And it's not just as you say about the Jewish people, it is really this is about an attack on Western civilization. They place Israel in this context of being a colonial power, and therefore the violence of jihad is decolonization and this is a chancer of thought that has been running through the West and through our universities for probably one hundred years.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 21: Would you say, well, anybody who can't recognize that hasn't got their eyes open. There's been vandalism and desecration of the war memorials. And given your American background, James, you will know that on the fourth of July there were these pro Hamas, pro Palestinian protesters that were burning the American flag. I mean, why are they doing that? They're doing that because I mean Israel happens to be the tip of the iceberg for a civilizational war which is under way right now, and Australia needs to take significant measures if we're going to protect our democracy.
Speaker 6: We've seen that at protests since October seventh throughout the country, where they have linked the cause, Palestinian cause with the indigenous cause and they see it as sharing similar traits in stolen land and colonization and all the basic arguments we've heard, But it seems to be there's a level of tolerance. I mean, we saw with those protesters, they were on the rooftop of Parliament House for the better part of two hours, and we saw how they can crack down on protests when they want to. And we've seen with Sydney University the protesters are now being given power to make decisions about investments. In Melbourne University, the protesters avoided expulsion. Instead they're just getting warnings instead of actually being thrown out of the school for having an illegal encampment and intimidating Jewish students. So I want to ask you about that. What message does that center the Jewish community that there's this tolerance to this movement, no matter how ugly it has become well.
Speaker 21: Two responses Rita. The one is that the whole foundation of that argument is false. It is actually anyone with an education knows it's the Jewish people that are the indigenous to the land of Israel. You can stand by the graves of Abraham Isaac Jacob in Hevron. You can learn about King Saul, King David, King Solomon who established kingdoms with sovereignty which has never been seeded by the way. But the law and order issue is highly, highly problematic. It should have been dealt with on the ninth of October when we saw those riots, if there had been a clamp down men with the violent anti Semitism that we saw flares burning flags. There have been signals all along that this will be tolerated. That one group seems to have a differential policing to everyone else in society. Absolutely, and it's very worrying. I think is an opportunity for the Coalition to step up as has happened with a Queensland, yes, but nationally and say we are going to take a proper law enforcement approach. All Australian citizens, all people in this country have to comply with the rule of law.
Speaker 2: And absolutely, David Adla, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: And I would add to that that we should be doing here what they're doing in Germany, which is new citizens coming into this country for the citizenship test, they are required to affirm that they accept Israel's right to exist and tolerate the presence of Jews in Germany.
Speaker 2: We should be doing the same thing here with our citizenship tests.
Speaker 3: David Ada, thanks so much for coming here on Outsider's. Great to see you again after the break net zero net Zany and we've got Rocco Lawyer Kono to talk about the pope in a tech It's net Zany, the wacky, weird world of net zero policies and return James, what a surprise yet again we learned that And I quote the twenty twenty four record coral cover for the Great Barrier Reef based on official data for all eleven sectors of the Great Barrier Reef.
Speaker 6: Why aren't I hearing about this? This is no, no, no, no, no, no, it's great.
Speaker 4: This is not good news because how are the alarmists gonna be able to go and you know, get their grants and make their salaries if the Great Barrier Reef is doing well, and I've got a solution for them. What they need to do is go pluck a bunch of wind turbines right over it.
Speaker 2: That's a.
Speaker 10: Two problem solved. Ones.
Speaker 6: Will there be apologies forthcoming to doctor Peter Read perhaps maybe an offer of him having his position back.
Speaker 3: At the Universal it was truly being off for similar accourts. Yes, then anyway, there we go. Climate change is the big threat, according to Joe Biden, far more so than you know nuclear war. Climate change is the big threat. His Tulsi Gabbard telling us about that.
Speaker 23: The problem is he's insane. Only a madman would not consider a nuclear holocaust, a nuclear war as an existential threat. He said, quote, the only existential threat to humanity is climate change.
Speaker 2: What do you that one, James?
Speaker 4: Look, I mean, you know who knows me. We'll expand NATO up to the ozone layer.
Speaker 10: I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I don't think this is going to happen, but there has been all sorts of chatter about Tulsi being Trumps. I think is going to happen. But what a turn up for the books. That would be someone who was a Democrat presidential candidate. She destroyed Kamala and then she saw the parties completely unhinged these days, so she left, and there supercomes a Republican they would be that's the big existential threat to the Democrat Party.
Speaker 3: I also love this story that McDonald's admits that millions of customers are rejecting those fake meat burgers that Bill Gates and others are desperate for people to eat to save the planet.
Speaker 6: You've seen the ingredients that go into this, and I know someone going to McDonald's isn't, you know, doing it for health reasons, So perhaps the ingredients list isn't enormous, But I think this is one of the main reasons these fake meat has been rejected and rejected almost across the board. You go to supermarkets, I've never seen one anyone pick one of those up there. The stocks always full.
Speaker 10: Do you remember me?
Speaker 4: And everything else is the pandemic, and there are all the shots of you. All the meat's gone from all the shelves, all the chickens gone.
Speaker 10: But like the I think.
Speaker 6: The concoction of ingredients that go in there, which is.
Speaker 10: What the left used to call frankin food.
Speaker 4: You know, remember when these oh genetically modified oh Bill Gatesberger.
Speaker 10: If.
Speaker 3: Well, joining us now is Rocco Lawyer Kono, who's a contributor of both Sky News Australia and a great writer on the Spectator of Australia. In fact, Rocco has got a great piece in the Spectator at the moment about Pope Francis Saint Francis in reverse. He calls it, remember the old gag about is the Pope Catholic well known? Not?
Speaker 10: According to Rocco.
Speaker 2: Rocco, great to see you, how are.
Speaker 24: You, Good morning, Rowan reader and James, and good morning to all the viewers.
Speaker 2: Well, tell us about the Pope.
Speaker 3: You're concerned because he's canceling the Latin Mass?
Speaker 2: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 24: A couple of weeks ago some pretty serious rumors emerged from the Vatican that the Pope, along with his liturgical Hinchman, is about to really crack down on the Latin Mass, with a view to banning it almost completely from any church, any Catholic church in the world. This is very concerning because well in the Western world, the only areas that are thriving in the church those areas where traditional liturgy is practiced, and that means the Latin Mass. You go to most churches in the Western world, and that maybe the church has about sixty or seventy people in it, and those sixty or seventy are about sixty or seventy years of age, if not older. You go to a church where the Latin Mass is celebrated, it's full, and it's full of young people with families. These people feel nourished by the Latin Mass, they feel drawn to it. It offers a sense of other worldliness. Yet the Pope, but these are the kind of people that the Church are be encouraging to attend Mass. It's hard enough to get young people to go to Mass these days, but the ones that actually want to, the Pope doesn't. The Pope doesn't like them and wants to wants to crack down read.
Speaker 6: And the Pope is outspoken about all sorts of issues, global warming. But then I don't hear him talking about Christians being persecuted in parts of the world, murdered in parts of the world, parts of the Africa, Middle East where there are attacks against Christian communities. Tell me about his priorities, because it seems to be a far more political pope, but not in the areas you would expect.
Speaker 24: No that's right, reader, I mean you mentioned Nigeria and the terrible persecutions that are going on against Christians in Africa. I mean in France, in any given month, about seventy or eighty Catholic churches are attacked, yet we hear nothing of that, and the same goes on in places like Canada. Look, this pope's priorities can be summed up by one of his countrymen who said he was the former chief prosecutor of Buenos Aires, who said, look, this pope knows nothing about theology, he knows nothing about history. The only thing he's interested in is power, and this is this is, this is the kind of thing he takes on these political causes. And I draw in the analogy with what's going on in conservative parties around the Western world. I mean, they've been infiltrated by these these lefties, and the Catholic Church is no different unfortunately, and this is another reason why we see empty churches. Well, I mean people don't vote for conservative parties because they the conservative parties want to ape the left. Well, the Catholic Church, rather than trying to hold fast to values and its countercultural nature is and standing up for Catholics around the world is actually really devoted to secularism and climate change and all these other trendy issues, thinking that we're going to that's going to open up the church. I mean, the Pope himself says, well, look, the churches for everyone, but unfortunately many people in the church feel alienated by this Pope.
Speaker 4: James, Well, Rocco, I mean, just to pick up on that thread. If Pope Francis and I use that title observedly goes forward with these attacks on the Latin Mass and everything else that he's been doing, turned it into the great sort of Church of climate change. Does this mean that eventually there could be, possibly after his passing, depending on who the next Holy Father is, that the Catholic Church could split. Will there be a traditional Catholic Church that emerges out of this even if the paper bureaucracy in Rome remains walk.
Speaker 24: Oh, that's a distinct possibility, James, and we've seen it. Just on Friday, one of the Pope's main critics, Archbishop Vigano, who's also a great defender of the traditional Mass, was excommunicated by the Pope, Bishop Strickland of Strickland of Tyler the Dice of Tyler, Texas was removed from office because he's criticizing the pope. And this is the only thing that can happen, E scuse him. All these people go underground, which is effectively a schism in anyway. And we've seen that in the Anglican Church. I mean, you ask any Anglican who's who's joined the Catholic Church and they say, why does the why does a pope want to do this? I mean, this is exactly what's happened in Anglicanism, where we've abandoned to the traditional tenets of the faith and we've all split off into all these various various sex if you like, for one of a better word. And this is the real danger that's going to happen in the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: Roco, fantastic, Thanks so much for coming on outsiders. I tell you, the Catholic Mass without without the Latin Mass. It sounds like an acd AC DC concert without any guitars to me, but anyway, what would I know?
Speaker 2: Thanks Roco.
Speaker 3: Now let's do a little bit of whackademia.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, Rita.
Speaker 6: Well, this is a school in Sydney. I think it was around the Blue Mountains. Where parents were upset, understandably because the children were told to put their hands on the ground and say always was, always will be Aboriginal land. And apparently this happens regularly before assemblies. It wasn't a one off. And this is a message that is you know what it was of Parliament House when they said yes, I said that, you know we're on stolen land. And it's a message that has been normalized and every corporation, every politician, every celebrity. You can't land a plane without having been welcome to your own country. And it's all part of the same message that we're not us are entire to call this country house?
Speaker 10: And is it it ironic? Isn't it ironic?
Speaker 4: As a song goes that Fda Albanizi and the Labor Party which did so much to encourage this sort of division, this distaste for post celement Australia through their Voice campaign and all of this stuff where they teach people that this is an illegitimate nation right from the moment they go to preschool. Oh that certainly now they're getting pulled apart by people who have come to this country and been told, oh no, Austraia is not a great country. I don't know why I came here. This place is illegitimate. This is the end point. You wind up with this fractured identity politics because you don't believe in your own country. A government that doesn't believe in its own country has no business being in government.
Speaker 6: House that I know you saw him through the way. He talks about this a lot, because being a visitor to the country would notice these incessant.
Speaker 2: Self hatred, self hatred being.
Speaker 6: Welcome to our own country, and it is a dangerous message to send to your citizens that you don't have ownership of your own country, you don't have an allegiance because when there is a threat, well, you're not going to expect people to actually defend a country that don't believe is really theirs, and is not really legitimate, and is not built on good values, built on genocide and white supremacy and all the colonialism.
Speaker 3: I'd go even further reto, I'd say this is child abuse. If you are getting a kid to put their hand on the ground and swearing that the ground belongs to to what was always whatever some other concept, than you are abusing that child and you are denying them their legitimate legal right to the sovereignty of this country which all Australians share equally, and shame on any teacher who does that.
Speaker 2: That is child abuse.
Speaker 3: You are unfit to be near children in my opinion, just my opinion, because it's an opinion show and we've got lots more opinion coming up in a tick here on Outsiders. Good morning and welcome to Outsiders with the RITA Building seven Panahye, James jfk Assassination Morrow and myself Rowan Kem Trail's Dean. Yes, this morning, I want to talk to you about conspiracy theories and more importantly, when conspiracy theories become conspiracy facts.
Speaker 2: We saw one this week.
Speaker 3: The debates and the ramifications have shaken the world. I'll get onto that in a sex. As you know, I'm the editor of The Spectator Australia, the Australian edition of the world's oldestinglish language journal, which has been continuously published since it first appeared in the coffee houses of London in the seventeen hundreds. One of the early issues apparently featured an expose on a young French soldier, whom the writer said was worth keeping an eye on his surname was Bonaparte. Spectator has always been ahead of the curve, which.
Speaker 2: Is why you should subscribe to it.
Speaker 3: One of the joys of being the editor here in Australia is that it has allowed me to introduce you to many of The Spectator's amazing stable Douglas Murray, Fraser Nelson, Andrew Neil, James Dellingpaul and in a moment.
Speaker 2: Toby Young.
Speaker 3: The latter two I mentioned specifically in the same breath many years Toby Young and James Dellingpol ran an amazing podcast one of the best podcasts I and I imagine many of.
Speaker 2: You have ever heard.
Speaker 3: London Calling was named after a Clash album and could equally have been called The Clash of the Skeptics. Toby Young, as well as being Associate editor of The Spectator, also founded the amazing Daily Skeptic website and the Free Speech Union, a magnificent organization that tackles insidious cancel culture in the UK and here. James Dellingpole, for his part, runs the hugely popular delling Pod podcast, which I guess you could call the Conspiracy theorists Almanac. The beauty of their London Calling podcast was that, rather than the tiresome left right paradigm. Here were two so called conservatives furiously debating skepticism in all its modern manifestations. You see, both are passionate skeptics, but they reacted very differently to the.
Speaker 2: Horror of the COVID years.
Speaker 3: Toby works tires tirelessly to challenge those institutions that failed us during COVID, and by tackling them, he tackles them through the courts and in the media, not only on COVID, but also on that zero climate change, legal immigration and so on. James, on the other hand, reacted as many people did, by losing faith utterly in all our institutions like a lover spurned. He wants nothing to do with those institutions he was once so loyal to the Conservative Party, the universities, the mainstream media, even our history. To James, it's all fraudulent and corrupt. Here's just a snippet of one of their London Calling debates in which they argued about the best way to tackle offcom. Offcom is the British version of our Akma, this censorious government media authority that scrutinizes the lords it over what can be said and what cannot be said.
Speaker 25: Took enormous time and trouble to challenge Ofcom's coronavirus guidance in the High Court, and there was an oral hearing, there was a hearing on paper. The cost to the Free Speech Union was around about ten pounds. I went to great lengths to compile witness statements from expert witnesses. What have you done to change so regards the result activities of that?
Speaker 26: Did the court find in your favor?
Speaker 25: Well, no, the court did not find favor. If they hadn't been aware of that, they might have gone a lot. You can accuse me of not doing anything about it or blithely accepting it.
Speaker 2: I tried to do something about it.
Speaker 26: But you see, there's there's the fundament mental difference between you and me. You still believe that the system is honest and functional. I believe it is broken beyond repair.
Speaker 3: Magnificent stuff and well worth listening to. Even more entertaining fare heated discussions about James's favorite conspiracy theories, everything from the Beatles being an MI five plot and Paul McCartney being killed and replaced with a look alike to nine to eleven KEM trails Princess Diana, and so on and on. Personally, I loved the Paul Is Dead stuff and spent much of my youth pouring over those Abbey Road clues.
Speaker 2: But intriguingly, one.
Speaker 3: Reason given for the popularity of that particular conspiracy theory back in the late sixties was that quote. Basically because of Vietnam and the loss of trust in the establishment, many of us, this is the person speaking, were.
Speaker 2: Ready willing and able.
Speaker 3: To believe just about any sort of conspiracy the loss of trust, and the same is true, I would argue of today, thanks to the unremitting abuse of power at all levels during COVID, people became so disillusioned with the authorities and the media to such an extent many have started to question literally anything and everything, which brings me back to this particular conspiracy theory I mentioned earlier, one that we have unashamedly embraced for over three years on this show, James Reta and I, namely that rather than being an amazing, cogent, compassionate and progressive genius, the President of the United States is in fact a doddering, senile, dribbling old fool who couldn't string a sentence together and is incapable of running a chick raffle let alone guaranteeing the peace and security of the free world. And the real president is, in fact, either Jill Biden, Barack Obama, who once joked about wanting to stay in power through a puppet like surrogate, or some sinister group of deep state bureaucrats.
Speaker 2: Right wing conspiracy theorists. They howled at US two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Here is the Press secretary of the White House admonishing shows such as ours for spelling out the.
Speaker 11: Truth instead of talking about the president's performance in office. And what I mean by that is a legislative wents what he's been able to do for the American people across the country. We're seeing these deep figs, these manipulated videos, and it is again done in that faith.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, Yet our conspiracy turned out at the debate last.
Speaker 2: Week to be conspiracy fact.
Speaker 3: When confronted with ninety minutes if I edited Biden, when the curtain was pulled back, ordinary everyday people around the world were horrified and appalled by the simple truth. Why because the last few years they have been fed complete media distortions designed to cover up that truth. As Blaize Media wrote, quote, after a disastrous performance, the news media, which had been shamelessly gaslighting the public over Joe Biden's cognitive capacity for years, seemed to turn on the president in unison. Biden stuttered, stumbled, and bumbled his way through a grueling nineteen minutes. He had nowhere to hide. Well, I ask a very simple question. What if we could put every single one of those other conspiracy theories under the glare of the spotlight, with nowhere to hide, no auto Q, no one to edit out the uncomfortable bits for a full ninety minutes of honest and unedited exposure, just like they did with poor old Joe Biden. What if we gave oh, I don't know, climate alarmism the Joe Biden debate test.
Speaker 2: Would the result be the same?
Speaker 3: Would you have millions of people around the world looking at each other aghast and saying, oh my goodness, I never knew climate extremism was such a crock.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like they've been telling.
Speaker 10: Us for years.
Speaker 3: Would there be a Blaze article saying, after a disastrous performance, the news media, which had been shamelessly gaslighting the public for years over climate change, seemed to turn In Unison, climate change stuttered, stumbled, and bumbled its way through a grueling nineteen minute exposure with nowhere to hide or take high immigration and the disastrous effect of multiculturalism. Let's give that the Joe Biden debate test, shall we?
Speaker 2: Would you have people looking at each other aghast and saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, my goodness, I never knew high immigration was so bad for our economy. It's nowhere near as healthy as the media kept telling us.
Speaker 2: Would there be a Blaze article.
Speaker 3: Saying after a disastrous performance, the news media, which had been shamelessly gaslighting the public for years over multiculturalism and the benefits of high immigration, seemed to turn in Unison, Multiculturalism stuttered, stumbled, and bumbled its way through a grueling ninety minute exposure with nowhere as a hide, and don't start me on COVID.
Speaker 2: Actually, do start me on COVID.
Speaker 3: Because in my opinion, it was the disgraceful authoritarian overreach by cowardly prime ministers, power mad premiers, the moral superiority of the health bureaucrats, and the collusion of elites that torpedoed trust by the public in so many of our institutions. To this day trust in our ruling classes that may never be rebuilt because people lost their careers and lost their jobs, lost their livelihoods. Ben Faulkner, a dedicated West Australian policeman, was dismissed last week simply for refusing to take the jab way back during COVID.
Speaker 2: This is insanity.
Speaker 3: No one to trust in our democratic institutions and way of life was shattered during COVID for so many people, like James Delingpole, that trust is gone forever and will never return. And no wonder when you recall madness like this.
Speaker 27: If you are unvaccinated and the virus comes into your community, the virus will hunt you out.
Speaker 16: The virus hunts down the unvaccinated.
Speaker 2: The virus will find the unvaccinated. That's what they all say.
Speaker 14: And it's a virus that will find you if you're not vaccinated.
Speaker 21: If you're unvaccinated, it will find you.
Speaker 8: The virus is literally finding unvaccinated people.
Speaker 2: It will find the unvaccinated.
Speaker 24: We're seeing COVID nineteen trekking down unvaccinated people.
Speaker 25: You know, if you're unvaccinated and you're in circulation, you're going to get it.
Speaker 3: What apps Tosh what filth, what distortions of the truth, fear mongering and vile abuse from people in positions of authority. And that's just one tiny aspect of COVID. So will we ever get the full, unadult gated truth? Will we ever get the public saying, as they did this week with Joe Biden, I had no idea that that was what was really going on? Will we see a Blaze article saying after a disastrous performance, the news media, the political elites, and the health bureaucrats, which had been shamelessly gaslighting the public for years over lockdowns, over masks, over vaccine mandates, and over excess mortality, seemed to turn in unison. COVID stuttered, stumbled, and bumbled its way through a grueling ninety minute exposure with nowhere to hide.
Speaker 28: You weren't allowed to ask questions, and at any point during this you just had to You had to do with the man on the TV said, right, You had to do what the man on the TV said with questions, and then you're a good person. But if you question it, then you're a white supremacist.
Speaker 9: Trump or not.
Speaker 28: You're like, well, no, no, no, I didn't vote for Trump. I just have questions, Jimmy, Only dumb people ask questions, Yes, questions.
Speaker 3: Question COVID, and we were demonized, Yet we were right to.
Speaker 2: Ask those questions.
Speaker 3: You see, you can argue about keem trails criss crossing the skies, or where the fighting cows make the oceans rise, or whatever other crazy theory you like. Because it's not the theories right or wrong that the public are waking up to, but the conspiratorial class, the climate cult, the open borders globalist mega corporate Davos crowd. There can be no doubt now that the mainstream media, at some point in our lifetimes ceased seeking the truth and instead chose to try and shape the truth. That's unforgivable. Our elites, politicians, our bureaucrats are now a new class of authoritarian senses, such as the appalling E Safety Commissioner here in Australia, believe themselves to be the sole source of truth. Who can forget just cinder idea doue for your.
Speaker 11: Free to visit it any time, to clarify any room you you make here, covidnizing dot dobt, dot set, otherwise, business anything else.
Speaker 3: We will continue to be your single source of truth, sole source of truth, that is the core belief system of the so called progressive elitists left around the Western world. No wonder people turn to conspiracy theories. All our democracies have repeatedly been betrayed by the very institutions we trusted the most, betrayed either through ignorance, laziness, arrogance or I'll let you be the judge of that. But this is why we need new institutions like the Free Speech Union to fight the new censorship class. Why we need skeptics and skepticism and yes, conspiracy theories on social media to keep us questioning, to keep us probing seeking the truth, to keep us aware and alert, to challenge those whom we can alas no longer trust, so that the abusive power we saw during COVID can.
Speaker 2: Never ever happen again.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, have you noticed if you play Sergeant Pepper backwards joining us now a very special guest here in the studio, Toby Young, I mentioned earlier, the associate editor of the Spectator and founder of the Free Speech Union and the Daily Skeptic. Toby great to have you here in Australia. Have you here in the studio with us a real privilege. You're here promoting the Free Speech Union, which is already doing great work. We had Selene Selene again baumgun Selean against the machine on the show the other day, against all the nonsense of the E Safety Commissioner.
Speaker 2: What have you learned since being in Australia.
Speaker 3: Is it what you fear it would be, as a better or as it worse?
Speaker 2: Toby?
Speaker 25: I think Roan that the woke mind virus is slightly less evolved in Australia than in the UK. I think you're about two years behind us, so you've got some bad stuff coming your way please, But in some respects you're ahead of us. So I'm here partly to try and not just to promote the work of the Free Speech Union of Australia, which is doing great work, as you say, but also to try and see what the future holds for us, because in some respects you're ahead of us. So if I want to know what a Keir Starmer led huge majority labor government is going to do in the UK, I only have to look at the state of Victoria, the People's Republic of Victoria. So a conversion therapy ban which happened in Victoria a few years ago. That looks like that's going to be brought in by Keir Starmer's labor government. There's also I think a lesson for the Conservatives and Reform about how to work together and not cannibalize each other's votes by looking at the way the Liberal Party and the National Party have work together have a non aggression pact in Canberra here. So that's also potentially a useful lesson.
Speaker 3: So Toby, let's talk about the British election. Farrage got five seats, which was better than expected. You predicted two or three, other people predicting thirteen or even eighteen. So Niger was predicting eighteen on me as he should. What is going to happen in Britain? Massive majority for labor. How scary is Kirstarmer?
Speaker 25: I think he's pretty scary. He's a kind of I think the last gasp of technocratic managerialism. In portraying this as at odds with what's happening in the rest of Europe. On continental Europe, where we've seen a lot of insurgent populist right wing parties do well in the recent European Parliament elections looks like they're going to do well in France on Sunday and the second election in France, and I don't think that what's happening in the UK is all that different. Only twenty percent of the population actually voted for Keir Starmer. It's the lowest number of votes polled of any winning majority I think since something like eighteen thirty.
Speaker 2: Two, I mean, really extraordinary.
Speaker 25: But we see the vote for the two main parties the uniparty is lower than it's ever been I think since twenty eighteen. That's how I calculated it. So it looks like there's a collapse in the technocratic, managerialist approach that big parties have been embodied in.
Speaker 6: May that the stats spare that out, but it's still going to be seen as a huge endorsement for Labour's policies, almost landslide the sixty five percent of the seats. I think they're roughlyhold. How do you think they're going to govern? Because when you look at some of the things there, senior people say, who are going to hold powerful positions, you really do worry about what the UK is going to be like in three or four years.
Speaker 25: Yeah, well, I guess the hope is that even though they have this super woke authoritarian agenda and they're going to unleash various assorts on free speech, not just a conversion therapy man, probably a hate crime act in England and Wales to mirror that that was passed in Scotland blasphemy laws. It looks like some kind of criminalization of Islamophobia to placate these insurgent to Islamist parties. But hopefully all this will be done with a Keystone cops like incompetence our Foreign Secretary David Lammy Boris Johnson for in sect if you look like Palmerston, I mean, he's just astonishing.
Speaker 6: Literally things men can grow a cervix or have one implanted. I've watched an interview with you.
Speaker 2: We can't not yeater me down.
Speaker 10: Well, well, I just on that note.
Speaker 4: You know, all ladies out there, time for your prostate examp, make sure you get But I just want to ask you though about you know, Rita mentioned Islamophobia a moment ago. It seems there's this really weird thing happening here in Australia, also in Britain, where you have a woke green left in politics, making alliance and common cause with people who, in any other circumstances are the least woke and the least lefty of all these people, who are you know, firmly very much voting with the interests of the Islamic uma they identify with that rather than necessarily their own electorate or the nation in which they live. Tell me what is happening here and what is your take on does this wind up? When you get these seats taken in Parliament? Things are going to start to pull apart very quickly when these identity politics start to come into play, won't they.
Speaker 25: Yes, I mean, it's it's a really worrying development in this general election campaign, the emergence of an ethno nationalist voting bloc. And I say Ethno nationalists not because they're patriotic Britons. The country they're representing is Gaza, and that's really dangerous. We don't want a sectarian group being able to influence Labor Party foreign policy, not in Britain's national interest, but in the interests of a foreign state. So that's deeply alarming and it's odd, as you say, I mean, it's like teals in headscarfs, you know, Queers for Palestine. What is it that they the kind of the greenees.
Speaker 4: Head scarves just so you know, so they're men's head scarfs.
Speaker 10: Okay, I guess it's.
Speaker 25: I mean, one thing that Lionel Shreiver said is that the left choose their politics from the prefixate menu. They don't distinguish between you know, LGBT rights and being pro Palestinians. Somehow they're compatible because they're all on one side of the menu and they just picked the entire menu. They don't differentiate between different policies according to whether they actually are compatible.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, they've got the philosophy my enemy's enemies, my friend, and that seems to be the basis of a lot of these allegiances is they have a shared enemy in the Conservatives. But what do you see for Conservatism in the UK because the Tories have been such an enormous disappointment, they have not governed like conservatives. Do you see reform lasting and bringing in those disaffected toys into the fold.
Speaker 25: Well, they've certainly done an enormous amount of damage to the Conservative Party. And the reason the Conservative Party is down to one hundred and twenty one seats is because fielded candidates in every single constituency, whether there can be some kind of alliance. I think a merger is probably unlikely. Why because Nigel Farage will insist that if the parties merge, he's going to have to be the leader, and there are going to be some Conservative MPs who bulk at that prospect. And they've also got to worry about winning back some Conservative voters who went to the left, who defected to Labor and the lib Dems. So if they forged, if they merged with Reform, it might be difficult to win those defectors back. More likely, I think, is some kind of non aggression pack, like the relationship between the Liberals and the National Party here, or or perhaps some organization.
Speaker 6: They are formal coalitions, So would they be able to.
Speaker 2: Live with that well?
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 25: I think if there's a non aggression pack between Reform and the Conservatives in twenty nine, when our next general election is due and they each win enough seats to collectively form a majority government, then they could be working.
Speaker 3: Toby, just quickly tell us about the Free speech Union, the successes you've had in Britain. We've covered many of them. Harry Miller and others we've had on this this show over the years. But why is it so important for Australia. I mentioned Selene's case, but what is the critical thing and how can people get in contact and why should they get in contact with the free Speech Union here in Australia.
Speaker 25: Well, the assaults on free speech in Australia are similar to the assaults across the English speaking world. We now have free speech unions in New Zealand, in South Africa. We're hoping to get one set up in Canada. It's important, I think, to organize to collectively fight back because the assault on free speech seems organized, it seems planned. So everything you're seeing in Australia, like the e Safety Commission, we have a similar thing in England. We have our own Online Safety Act. In Canada, there's an online Safety Bill which is even worse than what you have here. It looks like the federal government are considering a hate crime Act that needs to be staunchly resisted. They're also considering an anti misinformation bill. And you know what misinformation means. It means any political point of view that I disagree with that and so that needs to be heavily resisted, and it looks like the Free Speech Union of Australia is beginning to organize, is beginning to mobilize, and hopefully we'll be able to coordinate some of that resistance to these efforts to limit our god given right to free speech.
Speaker 3: Brilliant Toby Young, thank you so much, and Tavy's done such a brilliant job with the Daily Skeptic, with The Spectator, and of course with the Free Speech Union. You can get on contact them online if you've been canceled, or for any other reason that you feel your free speech is being impeded. What's more coming up in a tick here on Outsiders.
Speaker 4: Hello, you're watching Outsiders. I'm James Morrow, and it is great to be back here on deck after a couple of weeks where with my good friends Rina Panahy at Rowan Dean, and of course or you outsiders out there who fight the good fight against stupidity every single day. Anyway, it's entirely coincidental, but I just happened to be in the United States as the Joe Biden White House melted it down after his catastrophic debate performance the other night, and ever since then, I and many others have been left with a million questions, the biggest one being if Joe Biden is too incompetent and is incapacitated and isn't running the country, than just who the hell is?
Speaker 29: As long as I gave it my all and I did the goodest job as I know I can do, That's what this is about.
Speaker 4: The goodest job. Yes, he did goodest for you, mister President. And by the way, you need to contrast how Joe Biden was at that debate to how he sounded just four years ago.
Speaker 7: Nobody making less than four hundred thousand dollars will pay a penny more in tax.
Speaker 5: Under my proposal. That's a promise.
Speaker 7: That's a guarantee, promise, I give you my words, a Biden, that's an absolute guarantee.
Speaker 23: Can you think it's a good idea to raise taxes when the economy's in dire straits?
Speaker 5: Depending who you're raising them on.
Speaker 7: Look, if you're raising somebody who's making a billion dollars a year, it's not a problem that they pay thirty nine point six percent, which everybody should pay.
Speaker 5: Rais another ninety billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, whatever you think about taking somebody's word as a Biden boy. You simply cannot tell me that something has not happened to that man over the past four years. Anyway, now, as we know, the Democrats are attempting the ultimate cleanup on Isisle Joe, a cleanup operation the size of Chared Noble to salvage their hold on power with for the moment.
Speaker 10: At least this guy at the Helm.
Speaker 4: As part of this program, Joe Biden sat down on Friday for a pre recorded, heavily edited interview with none other than George Stephanopoulos to prove that he was indeed of sound mind.
Speaker 10: And body towards Stephanopolis.
Speaker 4: By the way, for those of us with long memories, was the guy who has a young staffer on the nineteen ninety two Bill Clinton campaign helped clean up what were then colloquially known as bimbo eruptions charming, so I think we know why he was chosen for this gig. Anyway, Let's see how it all went down, shall we. Among other things, Joe Biden was unable to remember if he even watched a replay of his disastrous debate with Donald Trump.
Speaker 30: Did you ever watch the debate afterwards?
Speaker 5: I don't think I didn't know.
Speaker 10: Well, what I'm trying.
Speaker 30: What I want to get at is what were you experiencing as you were going through the debate?
Speaker 12: Did you know how badly it was going?
Speaker 29: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look, and he declared that he was otherwise fine. The slack jawed, glassy eyed performance was just the result of a cold and bad preparation.
Speaker 30: You and your team have said you had a bad night, but your friend Nancy Pelosi actually framed the question I think is on.
Speaker 5: The minds of millions of Americans.
Speaker 30: Was this a bad episode with a sign of a more serious condition.
Speaker 5: It's a bad episode.
Speaker 29: Uh, no indication any serious condition. I was exhausted. I did listen to my instincts.
Speaker 4: Stounding so great and vigorous there because otherwise well, his performance in office has been so good. He was able to brag to George Stephanopolis about his foreign policy prowess.
Speaker 30: And the question on so many people's minds right now is can you serve effectively for the next four years?
Speaker 7: George, I'm the guy that put NATO together the future.
Speaker 2: No one thought they could expand it. I'm the guy that shut PUTIN down.
Speaker 29: No one thought could happen.
Speaker 2: What and again with the creepy.
Speaker 4: Whisper, Sorry, sir, you said you shut putted down.
Speaker 10: I'm leading it.
Speaker 4: Put did invade Ukraine and tie himself even more close to with China on your watch, to say nothing of the dumpster fire, the releast caused by your fecklessness. Seriously, what planet is this guy on? But anyway, Biden did press on and said he's drawing the big crowds. That prove he's going to get over the line.
Speaker 5: What's your plan to turn the campaign around?
Speaker 29: You saw it today? How many feature do you draw crowds like I'm during day? If I'm any more enthusiastic through today, I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't think you want to play the crowd game.
Speaker 12: Donald Trump can draw big crowds.
Speaker 10: Well, ain't that the truth?
Speaker 4: And this was, in fact the size of Biden's big crowd at a campaign rally in Wisconsin earlier in the day.
Speaker 10: I swear, look at it, it.
Speaker 4: Looks like the Madison chapter of Friends of the ABC. But after showing up an hour late to that, Joe Biden then did manage to forget what year it was.
Speaker 27: Oh, be Donald Trump, I will beat him again in twenty twenty. Well, by the way, we're gonna join again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, nice clean up there, Eddie showed.
Speaker 10: His characteristic bigger anyway.
Speaker 4: Now here's the important thing to understand about what's been going on for the past two weeks. It isn't just about the big truth of Joe Biden's mental state finally being revealed for old c No, the problem is a lot bigger, and there is still one massive question again no one is able to answer, because now we know the truth. What we all suspected all along was correct. Joe Biden simply in the midst of an irreversible physical and method decline. He is not up to the job, and if he were a relative of yours or mine, we'd be having serious family discussions about what to do, not instead making him run for president again. In an absolute bombshell piece published two days ago, New York Magazine's Olivia Nutsie said, we have learned that the president's own supporters have been horrified seeing his inability to recall names, stay for events, and even just generally looking cadaverous at events within close Biden circles too. It turns out the question remains who is really running the country?
Speaker 3: Great question there, James let's try and find out. Joining us is Hudson Institute Senior fellow Michael Duran live from Washington, d C. Great to see you, as always, Mike. Who's running the country.
Speaker 12: Burunck Obama is running the country?
Speaker 3: Tell us, tell us, Mike, your take on the last week and you know who will be who?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: Will Joe Biden survive through to the election?
Speaker 14: Let me start with the last question. Will you survive through to the election? Nobody knows. It's it's amazing to watch. I have to say, I haven't been you know, I'm primarily a foreign policy guy focused on the Middle East. I haven't been so interested in American politics for a long time. Because it's an incredible drama. You know, twenty years from now, this is going to make some for some great movies when people actually in Hollywood will tell the truth about about what's really going on right now.
Speaker 12: Nobody, nobody, who.
Speaker 14: The people who make movies won't tell us what's actually wouldn't buy wouldn't They're dramatize what's what's really going on? But it isn't the classic case of an immovable object meeting an irresistible force. As long as Biden himself won't step aside.
Speaker 12: They're really stuck with him.
Speaker 14: The process of moving him out is going to be so damaging to the party and so difficult and probably really impossible to do that. I think they're going to just try to rally around as we're seeing. But just as James said, his decline is so obvious, it's so undeniable.
Speaker 12: The truth is out. We can't fake it anymore. And he's not going to get any better as he goes along here. So I don't know how. I can't tell you exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 14: We just have to watch this incredible drama and we can imagine the great dramas that it's going to produce in Hollywood twenty years from now.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk about the great Mike, let's talk about the great dramas in Middle East and foreign policy.
Speaker 2: As you said, that's your area of expertise.
Speaker 3: How dangerous is it now for the world that we have a visibly incompetent.
Speaker 2: President. Will Iran sees this as.
Speaker 3: An opportunity to cause far more trouble in the Middle East? Will China see it as an opportunity. What's your Middle and what's your foreign policy take.
Speaker 12: I think, I think it's very dangerous.
Speaker 14: I think we're living through one of the most dangerous times of my lifetime. The and I think if Trump wins in and when when do we have We have the election in November. If he wins in November, then I think that period between November and January is going to be extremely dangerous.
Speaker 12: It's going to be the most dangerous.
Speaker 14: Point, uh of all. I think all of the adversaries are trying to pocket what they can under under Biden. I don't want to say that they're they're going to try to push us to war, or that would be dangerous. We're still an extremely powerful country and there are people who are still making decisions that who have the authority to make decisions and so I but but there's clearly a recognition I think by Iran especially that that there's a lot to be there's a lot of benefit to be had at this particular moment because the entire Biden administration, not just the President himself but all of his senior advisors believe in stabilizing the Middle.
Speaker 12: East by working with Iran.
Speaker 14: UH and so they have they have this this administration that is weak and that is and that's favorably inclined toward them.
Speaker 12: So they're going to try to pocket everything they can.
Speaker 6: I think, well, that weakness has been evident for some time, and we've had eleven embassies evacuated under Biden, and embassies have been attacked, and you mentioned Iran, But what about China in these final months of the Biden administration? What we think will the final months, are they likely to make a move?
Speaker 12: I think they're going to try to erode us.
Speaker 14: My my sense with the Chinese is the thing that's really restraining them at the moment is their own economic problems. They have some really gaping holes in their economy and a major conflict with the United States could could be very damaging to them. So I think that that is probably holding them back. But they're gonna they're going to try to to erode our power as they've been doing all along and with Taiwan, uh, you know, by by death, by a thousand cuts, rather than trying to make one big, you know, boom and we're finished.
Speaker 4: Move Michael, I want to just come back though, to the domestic side of things and the Democrats. Because you studied foreign policy, you studied foreign regimes, You've studied revolutions, and what it feels like to me is watching on the Democrat side. You know what a preference cascade develops, and when suddenly one person says, suddenly it's okay to say that the leader has no power and that this is all an empty suit of closed everybody is now coming out and saying the same thing. Are we seeing that kind of thing? I mean, I'm reminded of like when Romania fell and when Eastern European countries fell, and everybody just said, nah, you know what, We're not doing it anymore. This guy, We're done with him. How does Biden maintain any respect within his party?
Speaker 14: That is exactly what I find so fascinating about this moment. I heard Rowan's long, long commentary about twenty thirty minutes ago where he went through and said, you know, what about what about on climate change and what about on gender? Are we going to see cracks in the whole edifice? Because what they've done so well since Obama is gaslight the rest of us. If you if you say, you know, maybe it's not a good idea to give sixty billion dollars to they ran.
Speaker 12: Or if you say maybe.
Speaker 14: Maybe Barack Obama is living still living in Washington, d C. Because he's still playing a major role.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 14: He's not necessarily running the whole government, but still playing a major role in politics. That's unprecedented in our history. If you say those things, you get immediately branded as a conspiracy theorist or a denier of one sort or another. People roll their eyes at you in the room. You guys know this all the well. They do it extremely well. And suddenly they can't do that on the most on a major issue. And they were just just a few weeks ago they were denying. They were all of them were testifying about his mental acuity and so on, and then suddenly we all see that it's that the Emperor has no close So I do wonder what the cascade effect will be. But I come out of academia and I want I lost an argument with a friend of mine twenty years ago where I said that their wokeness and academia the pendulum had moved so far to the left that it inevitably was going to move back to the right. And I since I left academia, and I'm so glad I did it. Never it never, it never went back going and going, and going and going, and all the rules of the sense that we have that that truth will set you free, and that the truth has a power all its own.
Speaker 12: I do believe that it does. But the thing that I've learned.
Speaker 14: In the last twenty years is that is that truth is less powerful than I thought it was.
Speaker 3: Michael, wanted to ask you about here in Australia this week, the Australian government, the Labor government, called a junior minister, not even the foreign minister. The junior Foreign minister called in a mere Maiman, the Israeli ambassador and said we will not support you if you get engaged with hes.
Speaker 2: Boala in the North.
Speaker 3: Now you're a Middle East expert, what does are you surprised?
Speaker 2: Horrified?
Speaker 3: What's your reaction to some petty official in the Australian government dressing down the Israeli ambassador and saying Australia will not support you if you go in to defend yourself from Hezbola.
Speaker 14: I'm not surprised at all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they got an urging or a wink and a nod from the Americans to do that. That is the that is the message that the Americans are sending to the Israelis if the really serious enemy that the Israelis are having much more problem, a much bigger problem with Hamas than they ever thought they would. But his Bla is the most serious enemy they have, in some ways even more serious than Iran. I mean, Iran is, of course the power behind all of these enemies of Israel.
Speaker 12: But his Belah has.
Speaker 14: One hundred and fifty thousand rockets and missiles a massed right on Israel's border. Some ten or twenty thousand of those are precision guided. His Belah alone can overwhelm Iron Dome and do hit all of the critical national infrastructure of Israel. So the real threat, let's say, the center of gravity of the threat that Iran poses to Israel is through his Belah and the administration. The Biden administration wants to end the war in Gaza today it once attended two months ago, if not before, because it's afraid of Israel going after his Belah. And it's afraid of that because for many different reasons, but among them is that it completely destroys their view of regional order, which is to be achieved in their mind by reaching some kind of strategic accommodation with Iran. The conflict between the Law and Israel is the point at which where the Biden Administration's Iran engagement policy.
Speaker 12: Really falls apart.
Speaker 3: Mike Duran, that's amazing. Thank you so much for those insights. Great to have your expertise, Michael Duran, middle East and foreign expert there in was in the Bush administration as well. Great to always have Mike here on Outsiders.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: After the break, we'll show you what Mahren Marin Ferruki said on Insiders. Just a few moments you go what somebody watched it seriously in a ticket.
Speaker 4: Hello, you're watching Outsiders. I'm James Morrow, and it is great to be back here on deck after a couple of weeks away with my good friends Rina panahe at Rowan Dean and of course all you outsiders out there who fight the good fight against stupidity every single day. Anyway, it's entirely coincidental, but I just happened to be in the United States as the Joe Biden White House melted it down after his catastrophic debate performance the other night, and ever since then, I and many others have been left with a million questions, the biggest one being if Joe Biden is too incompetent and is incapacitated and isn't running the country, then just who the hell is?
Speaker 29: As long as I gave it my all and I did the goodest job as I know I can do, That's what this is about.
Speaker 4: The goodest job. Yes, he did goodest for you, mister President. And by the way, you need to contrast how Joe Biden was at that debate to how he sounded just four years ago.
Speaker 7: Nobody making less than four hundred thousand dollars will pay a penny more in tax under my proposal.
Speaker 5: That's a promise.
Speaker 7: That's a guarantee, a promise I give you my words, Abiden, that's an absolute guarantee.
Speaker 23: And you think it's a good idea to raise taxes when the economy's in dire straits.
Speaker 5: Depending who you're raising them on.
Speaker 7: Look, if you're raising somebody who's making a billion dollars a year, it's not a problem that they pay thirty nine point six percent, which everybody should pay.
Speaker 5: Raise another ninety billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, whatever you think about taking somebody's word as a Biden boy, you simply cannot tell me that something has not happened to that man over the past four years. Anyway, Now, as we know, the Democrats are attempting the ultimate cleanup on Aisle Joe, a cleanup operation the size of Chared Noble, to salvage their hold on power with for the moment, at.
Speaker 10: Least this guy at the help.
Speaker 4: As part of this program, Joe Biden sat down on Friday for a pre recorded, heavily edited interview with none other than George Stephanopolis to prove that he was indeed of sound mind and body. George Stephanopolis, by the way, for those of us with long memories, was the guy who has a young staffer on the nineteen ninety two Bill Clinton campaign helped clean up what were then colloquially known as bimbo eruptions Charman. So I think we know why he was chosen for this gig. Anyway, Let's see how it all went down, shall we. Among other things, Joe Biden was unable to remember if he even watched a replay of his disastrous debate with Donald Trump.
Speaker 30: Did you ever watch the debate afterwards?
Speaker 5: I don't think I didn't know.
Speaker 30: Well, I'm trying what I want to get at is what were you experiencing as you were going through the debate?
Speaker 12: Did you know how badly it was going?
Speaker 29: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look, and he declared that he was otherwise fine. The slack jawed, glassy odd performance was just the result of a cold and bad preparation.
Speaker 30: You and your team have said you had a bad night, but your friend Nancy Pelosi actually framed the question I think is.
Speaker 5: On the minds of millions of Americans.
Speaker 30: Was this a bad episode with a sign of a more serious condition.
Speaker 29: It's a bad episode, no indication any serious condition.
Speaker 5: I was exhausted. I did listen to my instincts.
Speaker 4: The sounding so great and vigorous there because otherwise well, his performance in office has been so good. He was able to brag to George Stephanopoulos about his foreign policy prowess.
Speaker 30: And the question on so many people's minds right now is can you serve effectively for the next four years?
Speaker 7: George, I'm the guy that put NATO together the future.
Speaker 2: No one thought they could expand it. I'm the guy that shut Putin down. No one thought could happen. What and again with the creepy.
Speaker 4: Whisper, Sorry, sir, you said you shut Putin down? Did Putin invade Ukraine and tie himself even more close to with China on your watch, to say nothing of the dumpster fire the releast caused by your fecklessness. Seriously, what planet is this guy on? But anyway, Biden did press on and said he's drawing the big crowds. That prove he's going to get over the line.
Speaker 5: What's your plan to turn the campaign around?
Speaker 29: You saw it today?
Speaker 5: How many?
Speaker 29: How many feature you didn't draw crowds like I'm drenday if I'm any more enthusiastic through today.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think you want to play the crowd game.
Speaker 12: Donald Trump can draw big crowds.
Speaker 10: Well, ain't that the truth?
Speaker 4: And this was, in fact the size of Biden's big crowd at a campaign rally in Wisconsin earlier in the day. I swear to look at it, it looks like the Madison chapter of Friends of the ABC.
Speaker 10: But after showing up an half hour late.
Speaker 4: To that, Joe Biden then did manage to forget what year it was.
Speaker 27: Oh, bet, Donald Trump, I will beat him again in twenty twenty. Well, by the way, we're going to join again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, nice cleanup there, Eddie showed his characteristic bigger anyway.
Speaker 4: Now here's the important thing to understand about what's been going on for the past two weeks. It isn't just about the big truth of Joe Biden's mental state finally being revealed for old. No, the problem is a lot bigger, and there is still one massive question again no one is able to answer, because now we know the truth.
Speaker 10: What we all suspected all along was correct.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden is simply in the midst of an irreversible physical and method decline. He is not up to the job, and if he were a relative of yours or mine, we'd be having serious family discussions about what to do, not instead making him run for president again. In an absolute bombshell piece published two days ago, New York Magazine's Olivia Nutsie said, we have learned that the president's own supporters have been horrified seeing his inability to recall names, stay for events, and even just generally looking cadaverous at events within close Biden's circles.
Speaker 10: Too.
Speaker 2: It turns out the question remains.
Speaker 10: Who is really running the country?
Speaker 3: Great question there, James, Let's try and find out joining US is Hudson Institute Senior Fellow Michael Duran live from Washington, d C. Great to see you, as always, Mike.
Speaker 2: Who's running the country.
Speaker 12: Our uncle Obama is running the country.
Speaker 3: Tell us, Mike, your take on the last week and you know who will be who?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: Will Joe Biden survive through to the election?
Speaker 14: Let me start with the last question. Will you survive through to the election? Nobody knows. It's amazing to watch. I have to say I haven't been you know, I'm primarily a foreign policy guy focused on the Middle East. I haven't been so interested in American politics for a long time. Because it's an incredible drama. You know, twenty years from now, this is going to make some for some great movies when people actually in Hollywood will tell the truth about about what's really going on right now. Nobody who the people who make movies won't tell us what's actually wouldn't buy wouldn't They're dramatize what's what's really going on. It isn't the classic case of an immovable object meeting an irresistible force. As long as Biden himself won't step aside, they're really stuck with him. The process of moving him out is going to be so damaging to the party and so difficult and probably really impossible to do that. I think they're going to just try to rally around as we're seeing.
Speaker 12: But just as.
Speaker 14: James said, his decline is so obvious, it's so undeniable.
Speaker 12: The truth is out.
Speaker 14: We can't fake it anymore, and he's not going to get any better as he goes along here.
Speaker 12: So I don't know how.
Speaker 14: I can't tell you exactly what's going to happen. We just have to watch this incredible drama and we can imagine the great drama is that it's going to produce in Hollywood twenty years from now.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk about the great Mike, let's talk about the great dramas in Middle East and foreign policy.
Speaker 2: As you said, that's your area of expertise.
Speaker 3: How dangerous is it now for the world that we have a visibly incompetent.
Speaker 2: President. Will Iran sees this as.
Speaker 3: An opportunity to cause far more trouble in the Middle East? Will China see it as an opportunity. What's your middle what's your foreign policy take?
Speaker 12: I think I think it's very dangerous.
Speaker 14: I think we're living through one of the most dangerous times of my lifetime. The and I think if Trump wins in and when do we have we have the election in November. If he wins in November, then I think that period between November and January is going to be extremely dangerous.
Speaker 12: It's going to be the most dangerous point.
Speaker 14: Of all. I think all of the adversaries are trying to pocket what they can under under Biden. I don't want to say that they're they're going to try to push us to war, or that would be dangerous. We're still an extremely powerful country, UH, and there are people who are still making decisions and who have the authority to make decisions and so I but but there's clearly a recognition, I think by Iran especially that that there's a lot to be there's a lot of benefit to be had at this particular moment because the entire Biden administration, not just the president himself but all of his senior advisors believe in stabilizing the Middle East by working with Iran.
Speaker 26: UH.
Speaker 14: And so they have they have this this administration that is weak and that is and that's favorably inclined toward them. So they're going to try to pocket everything they can.
Speaker 6: I think, well, that weakness has been evident for some time, and we've had eleven embassies evacuated under Biden, embassies have been attacked, and you mentioned Iran, But what about China In these final months of the Biden administration, what we think will be the final months, are they likely to make a move.
Speaker 12: I think they're going to try to erode us.
Speaker 14: My my sense with the Chinese is the thing that's really restraining them at the moment is their own economic problems. They have some really gaping holes in their economy and a major conflict with the United States could could be very damaging to them. So I think that that is probably holding them back. But they're gonna they're going to try to to erode our power, as they've been doing all along, and with Taiwan, you know, by by death, by a thousand cuts, rather than trying to make one big you know, boom and we're finished.
Speaker 10: Move Michael.
Speaker 4: I want to just come back though, to the domestic side of things and the Democrats, because you studied foreign policy, you studied foreign regimes, you've studied revolutions, and what it feels like to me is watching on the Democrat side. You know what, a preference cascade develops, and when suddenly one person says, suddenly it's okay to say that the leader has no power and that this is all an empty suit of closed everybody is now coming out and saying the same thing.
Speaker 10: Are we seeing that kind of thing?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm reminded of like when Romania fell and when Eastern European countries fell, and everybody just said, nah, you know what, We're not doing it anymore. This guy, We're done with him. How does Biden maintain any respect within his party?
Speaker 14: That is exactly what I find so fascinating about this moment. I heard Rowan's long, long commentary about twenty thirty minutes ago where he went through a said, you know, what about what about on climate change? And what about on gender? Are we going to see cracks in the whole edifice? Because what they've done so well since Obama is gaslight the rest of us. You if you say, you know, maybe it's not a good idea to give sixty billion dollars to they ran, Or if you say maybe maybe Barack Obama is living still living in Washington, d C. Because he's still playing a major role. Man, He's not necessarily running the whole government, but still playing a major role in politics. That's unprecedented in our history. If you say those things, you get immediately branded as a conspiracy theorist or a denier of one sort or another.
Speaker 12: People roll their eyes at you in the room. You guys know this.
Speaker 14: All the well, they do it extremely well. And suddenly they can't do that on the on a major issue. And and they were just just a few weeks ago they were denying. They were all of them were testifying about his mental aculity and and so on. And then suddenly we all see that it's that the emperor has no close So I do wonder.
Speaker 12: What the cascade effect will be.
Speaker 14: But I I come out of academia, and I want I lost an argument with a friend of mine twenty years ago where I said that their wokeness and academia the pendulum had moved so far to the left that it inevitably was going to move back to the right. And I since have left academia, and I'm so glad I did it. Never it never, it never went back, going and going and going and going, and all the all the rules of the sense that we have, that that that truth will set you free, and that the truth has a power all its own. I do believe that it does. But the thing that I've learned in the last twenty years is that is that truth is less powerful than I thought it was.
Speaker 3: Michael, wanted to ask you about here in Australia this week, the Australian government, a labor government, called a junior minister, not even the foreign minister.
Speaker 2: The junior foreign minister.
Speaker 3: Called in a mere Maiman, the Israeli ambassador and said we will not support you if you get engaged with Hesbola in the North. Now you're a Middle East expert, what does are you surprised?
Speaker 2: Horrified?
Speaker 3: What's your reaction to some petty official in the Australian government dressing down the Israeli ambassador and saying Australia will not support you if you go in to defend yourself from Hezbola.
Speaker 14: I'm not surprised at all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they got an urging or a wink and a nod from the Americans to do that. That is the message that the Americans are sending to the Israelis the really serious enemy the Israelis are having much more problem, a much bigger problem with Hamas than they ever thought they would. But his Belah is the most serious enemy they have, in some ways even more serious than Iran. I mean, Iran is, of course the power behind all of these enemies of Israel.
Speaker 12: But his Belah has.
Speaker 14: One hundred and fifty thousand rockets and missiles a massed right on Israel's border. Some ten or twenty thousand of those are precision guided. His Belah alone can overwhelm Iron Dome and do hit all of the critical national infrastructure of Israel. So the real threat, let's say, the center of gravity of the threat that Iran poses to Israel is through his Belah and the administration. The Biden administration wants to end the war in Gaza today it once attended two months ago, if not before, because it's afraid of the of the of Israel going after his Belah. And it's afraid of that because for many different reasons, but among them is that it completely destroys their their view of regional order, which is to be achieved in their mind by reaching some kind of strategic accommodation with Iran.
Speaker 12: The conflict between Bellah.
Speaker 14: And Israel is the point at which were where the Biden Administration's Iran engagement policy.
Speaker 12: Really falls apart.
Speaker 3: Wow, Mike Duran, that's amazing. Thank you so much for those insights. Great to have your expertise, Michael Duran, middle East and foreign expert.
Speaker 2: There in was in the Bush administration as well.
Speaker 3: Great to always have Mike here on outside as Thanks so much. After the break, we'll show you what Marin Marin Ferruki said on Insiders just.
Speaker 2: A few moments ago. What somebody watched it seriously A.
Speaker 6: Take it.
Speaker 3: Hyperboll the world of hyperbole, as pronounced by Julia Gillard extreme exaggeration. Well, I think Marine Ferouki was rushed in to get her hyperbol entry and just in the neck of time she was there on Insiders to show that copied outs.
Speaker 2: Sorry they didn't.
Speaker 3: Actually they were their first one that yes, anyway, whatever on Insiders, this is what she had to say.
Speaker 17: But a security bridge at Parliament House, you're a senator, is that something you want to encourage.
Speaker 13: We're not encouraging any protests that are you know, violent, And I think it was a bit rich of the Prime Minister to say that kind of unfurling a banner from the top of the Parliament House was somehow not a peaceful protest.
Speaker 6: Reader, there's no nothing, But where do you start. They unfurled a genocider message. They said, from the river to the sea, Palasige will be free, which means there is no Israel. The only Jewish state is eradicated. So to say that's the Prime Minister himself is on the record saying that is a violent message that has no place in Australia. So and to have these people breach Parliament's House security, to.
Speaker 9: Have the.
Speaker 6: Our Parliament tainted by that, and for her to just be almost approving of it because there was no one.
Speaker 4: Bashed Rita, I'm sorry. I'm going to say, you have gone far too late on these people here. You've been far too easy on them. You know, the idea that this was a peaceful protest, No, I'm sorry, it absolutely wasn't. When you put that red Hamas triangle onto your batter, that is a symbol that says this is a target to Hamas. That's the number one thing. Number two. They scaled fences, they climbed up onto a roof, They controlled the commanding heights of the entrance to Parliament House after a security upgrade of what one hundred and twenty one hundred and fifty million dollars that apparently was completely useless money. Now I want to know also how this was allowed to happen. Who let these people near the building? Was there any inside help. There's a lot of questions. There needs to be an absolutely full investigation these people. Yes, fine, they had banners, although very distasteful banners that could have been a lot worse. There needs to be a full investigation into what happened. This is where the public goes, this is where school kids go, This is where parliamentarians meet people.
Speaker 3: This is not on one hundred percent. James here here great tightly. Now let's lighten it a little bit here for we're going to do this in lefty lunacy earlier. But this is a this is the classic trick fight the left with their own arguments.
Speaker 2: So what happened.
Speaker 3: This was one of the gay pride marches or whatever in the States, and there's a woman who's dressed up and all the thing, and the interviewer comes along and accuses her of.
Speaker 2: Being a trans woman. Have a little look and listen. What happens. It's great. When I first transitioned, I realized very quickly.
Speaker 3: That my I am became about my community.
Speaker 23: I am Jessica, a pilot with Alaska Airline.
Speaker 2: Is sorry, that's a different one. That's the wrong.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, the.
Speaker 3: Magic of what happens behindest and you wouldn't believe it's so good.
Speaker 9: No, beautiful trans woman out here, tell us about your transition? How I no.
Speaker 18: So I have a question for you.
Speaker 16: Why are you asking me those questions?
Speaker 9: If we're interviewing like trans women and stuff like that, I'm not a trans woman. I'm a oh no, no, we're support fully supportive. Do you want to talk about sort of transitioning or anything like that, or like what people.
Speaker 6: Going to do a transition?
Speaker 16: Because I was born a woman?
Speaker 9: No, of course you're a woman. Of course.
Speaker 6: Does it make a trans woman any less of a woman?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 9: You are one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I'm not a trans woman.
Speaker 9: Is there another definition that people like to use?
Speaker 6: Or you thought I was a man?
Speaker 2: We go the end?
Speaker 6: She witfully term. She was all on board and well, this is what happens. And I saw that pop star Pink have a similar reaction. When someone posted a picture of a trans woman in her and then she was absolutely appalled and outraged and a daughter saw this. But it's like, well, no, you say, anyone who identifies as a woman as a woman, So why would you be upset by this comparison. That's a woman, and they're comparing you to a woman with a similar haircut. Deal with it.
Speaker 2: Bite them, James, with their own logic.
Speaker 10: This is a great theater.
Speaker 4: And this is where the right always wins, because when they have a sense of humor, they win, you know. And this is what goes back to the Olinsky thing. This goes back to Soul Olinsky and rules for radicals. Make your opponents pay the rules that they would oppose on you.
Speaker 2: Exit now just quickly.
Speaker 3: I think we've got this grab here a's of some soldiers talking about when Donald Trump went to Afghanistan and basically threatened a threat, and we'll have a listen here we go.
Speaker 1: President Trump looked at at the Taliban leader and said this, I want to leave Afghanistan, but it's going to be a conditions based withdraw and translator translated, and he said, if you harm a hair on a single American, I'm going to kill you, and a translator goes, Trump goes.
Speaker 12: What I said.
Speaker 3: And then as he got up to leave, Donald Trump handed a phone to the Afghanistan leader on which was a photo of that Afghanistan leader's house and family. That was Donald Trump in power. That is what is why you have strong leaders, not week leaders.
Speaker 6: James Congressman to soldiers, Sorry, it's not an emotion.
Speaker 4: I would the most soldiers are more honorable than most Congressman, although perhaps not in that case. That said, that said, you know, this goes back to also the great lie that Joe Biden told during that debate when he said, you know, nobody had died on his watch. I'm sorry, what about the thirteen Americans you died and Americans who got held hostage? You weren't allowed to leave during the chaotic, disgraceful withdrawal from Afghanistan, which was the moment I think when the Biden administration really started to fall apart, and the entire world looked and said, well, this is what you get, and that's how we had October seventh that we had not ran.
Speaker 10: That's rope, shine and everything else.
Speaker 6: Trump is very much to have done something similar with Pusian where He said to him, if you want to invade Ukraine again, if you have good ideas like you've had to lose your guest, No, no, he said, I'll bomb Mosco