Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: So, Matt, I've had a business.
Speaker 2: Idea, believe it or not, another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not going to do this because I don't have the money or the technology. But it's kind of on the theme of, like, you know how AI is like taking over and like the metaverse and all the VR headsets and being in virtual reality.
Speaker 3: So I had this idea.
Speaker 1: The other weekend, AJ and I were driving and we went past this huge graveyard in Newcastle and we drove past it and I said, like, graveyards, Like I get why they exist, but they're a bit of a fucking I saw, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like they're quite grim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when you're just driving passes thousands.
Speaker 2: Do you have any superstitions about graveyards?
Speaker 4: Like when I drive past, I got to hold my breath because when I was younger I heard that and so now still to stay every time I drive past, So yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to do that, but I was just driving past and looking at it. And this is this for any of you that are in Newcastle. It's Sandgate Cemetery. If you know where that is, shout out. It's huge, Like there's got to be like ten thousand graves in there. And as we drove past, I said to AJ, that is just like I get, we need somewhere to bury people, but it's just it's an eyesore. And I said to AJ, there's got to be like, I know, a lot of people get cremated now. Probably I don't know the popularity of being cremated versus buried, but surely more people get cremated now than buried.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's look that up.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I said to AJ, there's got to be a way for it to be modernized, like graveyards. And then I started thinking there's got to be virtual graveyards one day.
Speaker 2: Virtual. Yeah, I need like a car elevator, you know those.
Speaker 3: The ones that go underground.
Speaker 4: You live in an apartment or something, and you've got the car elevator and you've got to go down and then they put the car in the right spot for you.
Speaker 3: So I've got an even better idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, And if some massive tech AI company hasn't thought of this yet, they're fucking stupid because this is a billion dollar idea. And I want to know if you could get behind this, Matt and I reckon. This is mark my word in this fucking podcast. If this idea doesn't exist already, it's going to in the future.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So let's say just how we have ID right, we have our passport, we have our driver's license. There should be a new technology that comes in and let's say every five or ten years, we go and get this like scan done, which creates a digital version of ourselves. And you go every five to ten years so that your digital version of you, like your avatar or whatever, stays current with what you roughly look like. Right, And so we pay this subscription to have this avatar. And it's all to do with when you die.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm following for now, but this sounds a bit were were for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then when you die, I don't know how it would work, but just say we get cremated, but some big tech company has your avatar, like your virtual version of yourself. So when you die, because you got that thing renewed every five to ten years.
Speaker 3: This three D hologram.
Speaker 1: Of yourself looks exactly like you were when you passed away, So it doesn't matter if you're fifteen or eighty five. Okay, then you or your family pay a subscription for you to be in this virtual reality world where your family. And I think this could tie in with like the morning process, because I know, like different cultures have different ways of mourning the dead, and I feel like with us, it's really like you die, you go get fucking burnt to smitheens and see you later, like that's it, Whereas I know other cultures do more things with the body and whatever. So then your family would pay a subscription, say it's a yearly subscription where you are stored in this virtual reality world. So let's say, for example, I died and I had this hologram AI thing. You could then get the headset, whether it's like the Meta headset or the Apple fucking Vision Pro or whatever it is, and you can come and see me.
Speaker 2: So it's like the Wii lounge. Remember, you'd play we and all the MEAs would be running around in the lounge.
Speaker 1: So just like the meta headset that I have you or just say my family or whoever can put the headset on. They can pick whatever environment they're going to be in, and you know, you could then come and see me in let's say this podcast studio or whatever. And then because technology is so fucking good and so advanced, and I had that hologram thing of me, then you could come and see me, you could talk to me, we could hang out in whatever environment it may be in the virtual reality world.
Speaker 3: And I yeah, Hannah, I have some question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so when you see people at all their different avatar ages, no, or is that you as an old person?
Speaker 1: No, it could be you when you died, like uh, you know, that's why you get it updated every five years. So let's say you pass away when you're fifteen, then you can constantly go back and hang out with a fifteen year old version of me.
Speaker 5: And is it stored? So say, if my grandpa died and we've got him on the avatar, then my grandchildren could visit him, could visit their ancestors.
Speaker 2: I hate this, No, I love this.
Speaker 1: I think this is the way it's going to go because then you could go and meet with me. And because technology is so fucking good. It would know my voice, my personality, everything, and then you could hang out with your loved ones who have passed away and talk to them. And I think that would be so much better than just burning to a crisp and seat later.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, we did google it after all that around seventy percent of funerals now.
Speaker 3: Involve a cremation. I think that it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Higher than I thought.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that that many people were getting cremated, but there you go.
Speaker 1: I think it would help a lot more with the morning process because you could go and see that person.
Speaker 2: No, I rip it off like a band aid.
Speaker 1: Noah, I reckon, mark my fucking word. I told this to AJ and he goes, first of all, how the fuck did you think of this? But second of all, like some massive tech AI company needs to get on board with this idea. I would pay for that for my family. Really, I knew you'd fucking hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel that gives me a bit icky. I just think it let it go in the past. And the thing is with the AIS, it can go so wrong. I mean, let's actually because you know, I'm always worst case scenario. Think about it, your little old lady being with her husband seventy years, he's just started. Little old lady signs up with her life savings to this fucking subscription service.
Speaker 2: Raught by the.
Speaker 4: Way, should be a one off fee. Should be a one off fee. I think a subscription service you're praying on the vulnerable there, because the little old lady's going to sign up, and then she's gonna die and her bank account's going to be drained by this subscription serion.
Speaker 1: How much money that company we made, Like funerals are never fucking going out of fashion. People are always going to be dying, okay.
Speaker 4: And then the little old lady goes right now, I'm going to see my husband who's just died. And she goes into this alternate reality and then the AI technology stuffs up. She either gets someone else, or she doesn't get the right person, like she gets him but he's got a different voice, or maybe you know something's gone wrong and that AI technology doesn't even remember her. I mean, that's traumatizing, isn't it. That's traumatic for a little old woman. And imagine a mum grieving over the loss of her child. She goes to see the child in this alternate universe. But I mean, we saw that lady complain about HERKFC being wrong. I mean, imagine the rants that would come from from something like this.
Speaker 1: There's going to be rands, no matter the business. And I just think this is a really genius fucking idea. And I wish I had a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Like, trust me, we're gonna have to go in the BroadcastChannel and say is this camp or NAF, because I'm voting NAF, and you know, I think everything's camp.
Speaker 3: But this just gives me a little bit ikey, ikey, you know what it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I think, leave the dead dead and rest in peace, and God bless him, be gay, appreciate you lived your life and now you're gone. I don't think we need to be interfering with them.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but I think it's going to happen. The way that technology is, the way that the metaverse is, the way that AI is going, you are absolutely going to be able to hang out with the deceased through technology.
Speaker 3: It's going to happen.
Speaker 1: And I swear to God if this doesn't fucking exist, and its like someone needs to get on this.
Speaker 4: I feel like can exist in some sort of way, like you could definitely like AI could definitely make like I'm sure I could go on like an AI system right now and put in a photo of like someone in my life who has passed away and said, you know, and say to the AI generator thing like make them do a video message saying happy birthday to me. I'm sure AI could do that today. But I think like walking around with dead people your fucking psycho. If you even want to do that, you know what I mean? No, see, I think you're a bit cooked for that, because imagine being like, you know what, I'm going to go do to that and we go hang out with my dead granddad because that's just what I feel like doing.
Speaker 2: I think that's fucking insane.
Speaker 1: Well, you should get ready, Max, It's going to happen because I've thought of it. Some massive AI company has already thought of it. They're already programming developing it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: Like everyone grieves differently, and perhaps this would be fantastic for some people.
Speaker 1: But it would be bad to some too. Some people would get obsessed with it and never want to leave the metaverse. But that's what I think about the metaverse in general, people are going to get obsessed and not live in their real life anymore.
Speaker 3: They're just going to live in the digital world.
Speaker 4: Take us back to fucking horse carriages and cobblestone streets plays. I'm fucking over it. Bring on the flag. Seriously, I'm a bit done with all this. I don't want to live in the future. Bit over it. Actually it's a bit tiring, the fact I got to think about ideas like this.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it happen now, it probably will happen in our lifetime.
Speaker 4: To be honest, Still Monday morning for me, Darling, like, I can't This was a big conversation to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well yeah, final thoughts. You're like all about it. I'm like, this is absolutely fucking insane, and I don't know. We'll take it to the scrollers though.
Speaker 4: They can let us know whether they think this is a fabulous revolutionary idea. Perhaps someone knows something similar to this that already exists. I'm sure there's something out there that's like similar, maybe not as advanced as what you've said, and then we can you can also let us know if you think Brittany's fucking insane, and this is the weirdest idea even No.
Speaker 1: I love the AI, I love chat GPT, I love the robots.
Speaker 3: Fucking bring it on. I want to lot amongst it.
Speaker 2: You know, I love all your business ideas, but I think you've missed.
Speaker 3: The mark with this is a billion dollar business idea.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you right now, if it happens in our lifetime, I'm going to look up how much money that company's making, and I'm going to say I fucking thought of it first.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll let you and I will not have any part in it. I just think as well, think about dying. Think if you died?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you not think it's fucking insane for me to go? You know what I want to do today?
Speaker 4: I want to talk to Brittany and put on the headset and pretend you're here recording an episode of High Scrollers with me. That because also then.
Speaker 1: I think it would be a private thing, like not anyone would be able to access it, like you could have your family account, right and only you can, like some random can't come being out with me.
Speaker 4: But that's also devastating because what if I forget to put someone on my account before I die and say these people are allowed or what if I in the five years span.
Speaker 2: See there's a lot of loopholes here, the five year span.
Speaker 4: First of all, I let's say have an accident, lose a limb, and then in the five years I haven't had an updated and.
Speaker 3: That's why I have to do it every five years.
Speaker 2: But five years long time.
Speaker 1: This would all tie in as well, because I think one day we're going to get rid of passports, We're going to get rid of physical licenses. So this holographic.
Speaker 2: Passports will ever go? I do? They can't. Some country can't keep up with not like not every country has technology, babe. True, you're talking from a stance of privilege here.
Speaker 1: And when people lose their passports, I'm like, fuck, there's got to be a digital way of doing this, saying.
Speaker 4: It will be yeah, because imagine, you know, going to those countries that don't even they'd be like when I got a Fiji, there's no electronic So true, you line up at a trestle table, babe, and she's like boulah and you're in there's I don't even know whether like there's no extensive you know, security and things like that. So but there was one other point I made there. Oh yeah, if you died today and I wanted to use it, you'd have blonde hair and extensions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But it'll be close enough if it was like five years. Every five years you get updated, like you get your license updated.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then the other thing is what if you make a friend. For example, you know the other week you saw at the Acres, you saw Lisa from the Saddle Club. Now what if you wanted Lisa from the Saddle Club on? But you got your updated your friends and family five years ago, and.
Speaker 3: Now people could apply. He could apply to see you.
Speaker 4: See right, You're just coming out with anything now just to make this happen.
Speaker 3: So I did, Like, it's not set in stone. I haven't mapped it out. I haven't done a business plan for this yet.
Speaker 4: I am genuinely thinking the scroll is going to be on my side with this. I'd be very surprised if the results came back in your favor.
Speaker 1: Well, don't blame me for love and the AI and the robots.
Speaker 3: I'm fucking here for it.
Speaker 4: Wanting to connect with dead people, I mean, I get it, but I also go so I get it. In closing, I get it, I understand. I go, yes, that would work, But would it work no? Is what I'm saying. So, yes, your business idea, I go, yes, that works, that makes sense. Yes, you could make a lot of money. I think if you genuinely release that to the world, you wouldn't get anywhere. I don't see people signing up. I don't see people going through the admin of getting done every five years. I don't see people. It's all too fiddly, too hard, and so they're not signing up. The people that do sign up don't know how to use it properly. Like it's so I'm like, yes, the business ide works, but if you had to actually execute the business idea, you wouldn't make any money. I don't think it's a billion dollar business idea. I reckon it's a it's a it's a it's a four five, four, four or five figure business, not even a six.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I'm not gonna start it because I'm not in app development or AI or anything like that. But I'm just saying I've thought of an idea, and I think it's going to happen one day. It's not going to be me because I couldn't afford it. But I reckon with the way technology is going, it's going to happen to people, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 4: All Right, well, we'll leave it there because I've had enough of this conversation and I can't think any further.
Speaker 2: So with that said, thanks for listening, scrollers.
Speaker 4: Hope you enjoyed this very strange Close Friends episode, and we'll see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Bye.