Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swun Show.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're here. We know that it's a public holiday in most cities and states in Australia, but here we are, Jack.
Speaker 3: We are alive with you. My voice is just holding on twenty yes, and you are.
Speaker 2: Fresh from the Gold Coast. You were an MC at a wedding. Is that why you've lost your voice?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is. It is a lot of singing.
Speaker 3: You know me. When I have enjoyed a few drinks, I scream karaoke.
Speaker 2: Of course you do.
Speaker 4: But it was amazing. The weather there was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Did Natasha Beddingfield maker an appearance?
Speaker 4: Obs my go to? How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: It was very, very relaxed, Actually it was really nice. I watched some Telly, I sat very quietly for a while and I read two pages of a book. That's a win for me.
Speaker 4: Is a win? What's what's your book? Pile called again the pile of optimism?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, the pile of I never get to it, but I will never be negative about.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've got a massive show for you.
Speaker 3: Tickets to Kylie Minogue Inside the bum Bag in Chrissie's Quizzy. After three and next we're bringing back Taste dot Com. One of our favorite segments it is making its triumphant return is Happy Monday on the Christies One Show, The Crissiest One Show.
Speaker 2: And it's Monday, it's public holiday sort of everywhere in Australia, and we know that you're going to be thinking, oh, what am I going to cook for dinner?
Speaker 4: Chris come.
Speaker 3: Say the strawbery doesn't go in the business.
Speaker 4: To get it wrong and says the time dot Com.
Speaker 2: When I get a spare ten minutes, I like to troll taste dot com dot a you not only for the recipes, but also for the reviews.
Speaker 4: After you've introduced me to this.
Speaker 3: Sometimes at night, if I'm bored by my TV show, I do this and you.
Speaker 2: I don't blame you. You always find some goal.
Speaker 4: You've got to look for the one or two stars.
Speaker 2: That's it. And then I mean, look, if you're listening taste dot com dot are you, can you please put a filter on where you can sort by reviews because I want to only see the zero in one stay. For example, this one quick Sanchoi Bao recipe, what are the great Chinese favorites?
Speaker 4: And pretty easy ro fairly.
Speaker 2: Easy but also turns out easy to stuff up. Lisa kins, how to go of it? She says, terrible. No taste needs something. The fried noodles ruined it. We had to discard an order burritos, and even they were average on Uber Eats, they forgot the guacamole. So the recipe is bad. But I'm telling you that Uber Eats that's a separate complaint. Okay, that's a separate complaint.
Speaker 4: Sorry, babe, go back to the app and complain there.
Speaker 2: But I understand how furious you are. I had a cooking file recently and it really ruined my week.
Speaker 4: What was it it was?
Speaker 2: Do you remember I talked to you about oh, fried noodles. I made fried noodles with beef, and I followed it and then I looked at it and I went to peg, I can't eat this, and she said, it looks like something that the dog has spewed up on the lawn. And I had to throw the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Away, same as lay.
Speaker 2: Correct. Right, let's move on to sweet potato and yoki with pesto. We know that you're wondering what you're going to cook tonight. I don't think it's going to be this Sarah Jane says, I saw this recipe and it looked good, so I gave it a go. Unfortunately, it was way too floury and no one ate it. I don't add the roasted sweet potato because I felt that that was already more than enough in it. What a waste of sweet potato, basil, olive oil and my time. I tell you what, Sarah Jane, if you're listening, slide into our DMS because I made yoki last week, no this week, and it was amazing and easy.
Speaker 4: Have a recipe.
Speaker 2: It's a recipe, of course, I made some tweaks. Let's move on to one of my personal favorites, best best ever macaroni cheese. Everybody knows that my recipe is the best. I don't know what they're doing here knitting and agrees with me. This recipe needs a lot of changes to make it worthy of its name. More garlic, more seasoning, and a cheese with a much stronger flavor for a start. Now, I looked up what cheese the recipe calls for mozzarella cheese. That is the worst cheese to use.
Speaker 4: It's a great cheese, but not for a mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: It's so neutral flavored.
Speaker 4: What would you recommend form macaca.
Speaker 2: Read lester and a handful of proper grated parmesan. They're gutsy cheeses. Let's finish with the one pot fish coconut curry. I feel like the mistake you've made there is even clicking on this.
Speaker 4: What an awful dish.
Speaker 2: If someone I would just I would throw that out absolutely, and the zan Rob gave it one star. Basically this seems okay, but where is the curry capitals? Not a drop in the recipe? Why call it a curry? It needs at least a tablespoon of curry powder added. Very poorly done.
Speaker 4: Isn't she right? Like there should be some curry in that, right?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 4: Is that not what works?
Speaker 2: There's got to be something like it a curry leaf or some garamasala or some timmerick. There's no kick there at all?
Speaker 4: Can you say garamsala?
Speaker 2: I love that the Chrissy Swan show a price Signed Pharmacy. You can simplify your online shopping experience with click and collect. Order online, select click and collect, and within two trading hours your items will be ready to pick up at your local price line. It's that easy.
Speaker 1: Head to pricelign dot com. Today you the Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Do you know what a push present is?
Speaker 4: Yes? I do.
Speaker 2: Why do you know?
Speaker 3: Because I see people posting about them. It's a little bit like ghosh.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I feel like it's quite a new thing. Right Like, I had my first baby nearly sixteen years ago. Can you believe it?
Speaker 4: That's nuts?
Speaker 2: I mean again, I want to remind you I'm somebody's mother. It's bizarre. Anyway, I had leos nearly sixteen years ago, and I feel like they were just I just started hearing the words push present.
Speaker 3: Got it because if I brought up that term around my parents, they would laugh at me.
Speaker 4: We're how ridiculous.
Speaker 2: There's a lot about it I don't like, and it starts with the words push present. It's I I just don't like it. And also, what do you need a present for?
Speaker 4: Also, aren't you pushing out your present?
Speaker 2: Well, children have their own gift, that is true. But also I just think it's bizarre because you know what I'm like with motherhood. Billions of people do it every day. Yes, yes, it's it's hard and it's challenging, and you know, everyone's journey is different. It happens every day to women all over the world. I don't know, it's like getting a present for learning to walk, or it's like a human thing.
Speaker 4: We all do it, or a lot of us do do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels a little bit to Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I didn't get a push present, and it was never even a topic of conversation. The closest I got to a push present was when i'd finished having kids, so I had my three. I went to a jewelry designer called Caspartington, who I really love, and I've never had a fancy piece of jewelry my whole life, and I bought myself a ring that signifies each of the kids got it, and I wear them in a stack. They're a bit big now.
Speaker 3: But I love that idea though, because that has some sentiment to it as well. It's not just like I want a carts Yeah, I love bracelet. It's like, no, no, there's something there that like signifies what you just did three times.
Speaker 2: And you know I'm their mother. I congratulated myself for being that person.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, like I've got mates that I know like trying to get them and push for them, and I'm like I'm all for it. If you can get one out of your husband or boyfriend or girlfriend or wife.
Speaker 2: Please, So it just feels weird people eating cars and anyway, the reason we're talking about it is because we have found a Reddit thread. This guy wants to know. Am I a monster for telling my wife she's not worthy of what she's asking for for her push present. The whole not worthy thing is a bizarre way to say it, because everybody's worthy of everything. This guy says, my wife and I've been together for five years, she's pregnant with our first baby. She is asking for a push present. And at first this guy didn't even know what that meant, which is fair because it feels like a bit of a money grab, like a wishing well wedding oh ye, getting the bin. Anyway, it's basically a thank you gift to the woman who brought the child into the world. He said to her, the baby is your gift, and she said, but what about a nice new car? That seems extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Also, like, unless your husband is a CEO earning five MILLI year, asking him for a car is a lot.
Speaker 2: It is a lot. And also that's a family gift.
Speaker 3: That's something that I think is often as well discussed at the start of the pregnancy or before, like do we have a car that can fit the baby or the two kids?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and then you get that that's not a gift.
Speaker 4: No, that's a lifestyle thing you need, that's almost a necessity.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if I was buying somebody a push present, I would be very creative. I think what would you get, Like I would like to get, we know, one of those clowns. What I'd like to buy someone for no reason and just see their face when they open it. Those clowns that you get at the carnival that you got to put their mouth, but like to put a ball in their mouth. Imagine that if you have a sweetheart, I brought you an amazing present and they open it and then the present for you is their stunned reaction.
Speaker 4: You know, I'd be angry.
Speaker 2: Did you get a push present? How creative was yours? Did you have input into it?
Speaker 3: Or did you not get one? And you're really furious and angry about it. I'd love to hear that as well.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: We're talking push presents. If you don't know what they are. It's the gift you get for pushing out the baby. And I've never had a push present. But equally, I've never pushed out a baby because I had.
Speaker 4: Too much to push sun Roof baby.
Speaker 2: Who would mine be caught? Would my gift be called? If I ever got one?
Speaker 4: They are a Sunroof surprise. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it very twenty four ten? What was your push present?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: Michelle?
Speaker 7: Hi? Guys?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 2: Would you get?
Speaker 7: I got an eternity ring because we had our first baby and our first wedding anniversary within like a week of each other.
Speaker 2: Wow. And what is an eternity ring. I've never been given any jewelry. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 7: It's the third band with like an engagement ring wedding band, and I guess it just means, like on top of getting married, that you'll be together for eternity. But I think most people get it, like for a first child or after ten years, but having two anniversaries and birth like a birth together. We I just got it.
Speaker 2: And how long were you engaged for Michelle before.
Speaker 7: We got married? We were engaged. I think it was about three years.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you've had your husband has had three very expensive trips to Bevil's the jewelers in a very short period of time.
Speaker 3: Michelle, did you ask for the push president? Like, did you kind of angle that you wanted something? Or did he do it off his own whim?
Speaker 7: He brought it up. I think just because of the way social media is, he knew about it as well. And I was never going to say no totally.
Speaker 2: Did you get input? Like did you go into the jewelry store and say I'll have this?
Speaker 7: I gave options and let him.
Speaker 3: Cho pharmacy voucher for you, Michelle, let's go to mail.
Speaker 8: Oh guys, well she's lucky because I got nothing. My husband said that the baby was the present.
Speaker 2: Well I was going to say, you did get a living, breathing, crying, sleep depriving baby.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How did he break the news to you that that was your gift?
Speaker 8: Well? I was binging on. Well, my daughter was born in November twenty seventeen, and that was the year that I don't know if you remember or watched it, but young yummy mummy, this was one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's when they mummies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that's when you know they're getting their range. Rovers they're getting their jewelry, and I'm just going, yeah, cool, you know I'm going to get something dropping the hint to him, but no, he just said no, the baby was the present. And I'm like, cool, dude. Now I'm next year it's our ten year wedding anniversary, so I want that eternity ring.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, I'm just thinking about yummy mummies. Was there one on there from Brisbane who had like a doppelganger daughter, Margarita.
Speaker 8: Margarita yeah, yeah, from Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Adelaide was it. And the daughter was dressed up in like Kuchu Dior and.
Speaker 8: Everything is because I follow her. She has her own Insta account and she has like all these burbery outfits and I'm like, yes, wow, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, that little kid gets more than you get for being torn in two. All right, good look for the eternity ring. Mel Let's finish me. Hi Katie, Hello.
Speaker 5: There, gorgeous people, How are you good?
Speaker 2: How long ago did you have your last child?
Speaker 5: Last child was seventeen years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow, and we're push presents even around then they.
Speaker 5: Were just sort of starting and mind you, this was my fourth child.
Speaker 4: And what did you get?
Speaker 5: I got a plasma TV.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe that was a push present for your husband.
Speaker 5: Definitely, definitely, And that was sort of when they were all coming out big TV. Yes, we went from having a little TV to a big one.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I would have preferred a nice ring or something.
Speaker 2: It would have been a very exciting though, And in fantasy to your husband, maybe he got the whole sort of relevance of push wrong. Maybe you just meant, oh, so, oh, hang on, I thought I was supposed to push the remote.
Speaker 4: That's what it's for. Pharmacy voucher for UK.
Speaker 2: Chrissy Swan Show Monday, Let's go clicking.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's click face.
Speaker 2: You know when you see something on social media and you go, oh my god, I feel seen, but also I'm insufferable. Does that ever happen to you?
Speaker 3: Yes, when I see people flogging their holidays hardcore, I'm like, oh, we get it, and I'm like Jack, that is literally you on every trip you go on.
Speaker 2: And then talk about holding up a mirror.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 2: I you know, the algorithms on those things are so incredible. They deliver exactly what you need to see when you need to see it. And I, as you know, I love eighties and nineties music. Right, I love all music.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, you've got a wealth of knowledge about music. I do.
Speaker 2: I love it and that's why I'm working at the radio station. Is like manner from heaven for me. But you know that every time a new song comes on and I hear something in it that I recognize, I bore you jack with the like with a deep dive into where the samples from? Who did it? I've done it with Lato, I've done it with everybody. I've done it with Eminem's Abra cadabra. That's a Steve millerban you did it.
Speaker 3: A couple of days ago, Tom our producer came in and said, oh, I love this new Katy Perry song.
Speaker 4: How vibe is it is? And you go, that's Crystal Waters. Yes, that's why it's vibe.
Speaker 2: It's a good song because it was originally a good song. GYC Woman, Where is Crystal Waters? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: I don't even know much about it.
Speaker 2: Whenever I say stuff like that, I find out that they died a very bad death. And how then I feel bad? But have a listen to this woman in America cutting down her son who likes the new kid LAROI song. I like, who is that she's tricking in here?
Speaker 4: That's not the original. This is the original.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hear that.
Speaker 4: She says it like you as well.
Speaker 2: You hear that she loves him into a false sense of security, going oh, I like this song to you, and she knows exactly where it's going. I want to add something to that. Player, the lead singer of player, who is the older song there is? I think Ron Moss who played Ridge Forester on on Bold and the Beautiful. So I believe that. I mean, look, I'll google it in a song. But you know, if not cool, you know, I'm just gonna I'm going to back myself in. Now, let's move on to this unbelievable case of mistaken identity. I saw the headline and had to click on it. My sister is seeing a married man, and I got attacked because of her. Of course I had to read on. This is a set of identical twins. The good twin that was coming out of university. The bad twin is sleeping with a married man. The good twin was mistaken as the twin that was doing the dirty.
Speaker 4: How furious you would be at your sister, and the wife.
Speaker 2: Of the husband fully went.
Speaker 4: Her, Wow, I know, like hair pulling in a car park. That's so America.
Speaker 2: It's so America. The thing is, though I don't reckon, that's the first time I reckon. There is a bad that the bad twin has done that many many times, and this poor good twin has just had to deal with it. It's very awkward and confusing when you suffer a case of mistaken identity.
Speaker 4: I've never experienced it, have you? I have.
Speaker 2: I used to go to a restaurant every single week locally to my mum. He shouted, dinner right. Yeah, that was like, you know, active forgiveness for moving out and becoming a grown up. Anyway, they're always very nice to me, and then all of a sudden they weren't very hostile. God, this is odd. After about three or four weeks of coming in and then being so rude to me, eventually the owner of the restaurant couldn't hold his tongue anymore, and he said, well, oh, it's okay for you to keep on coming back here and eating pasta, isn't it When you're calling up the local radio station saying that our food a hygiene practice is are tarr Yes, I went, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I'm on the radio, mate, I don't call them. This was before that. This was before oh really.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, this was just when I was a student and they thought for some reason that I was the whistleblower.
Speaker 4: And did they like profusely apologize to you.
Speaker 2: No, they did not, And I think they still believe it's me because I walked past that restaurant every single day and they still give me dirties. It's been thirty years.
Speaker 4: Speaking of mistaken identity, Delta.
Speaker 2: Terrible, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I'm mistaking.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you a very underrated track off that album, very underrated track Mistaken Identity.
Speaker 4: I don't know how good. And your favorite mistaken identity?
Speaker 2: My favorite is by the great Kim Kats Mistaken Dirty. Oh yeah, she didn't just sing Betty Davis eyes my friends, ha.
Speaker 1: Ha is the Chrissy Swans.
Speaker 2: You're slowly getting your mind back to work over the after the weekend. How's yours going.
Speaker 4: Jack, My mind's at about sixty seventy percent. I'd say it's not bad.
Speaker 2: Normally it's at about ten. Just before the news there, I mentioned that I thought Ron Moss, who played Ridge Forrester on Bold in the Beauty, was an original member of Player who sang that song Bareby Come Back Anyway. I was right, was absolutely spot on there.
Speaker 4: I mean, get the Gale gig on speaks and specs please.
Speaker 2: You know I've never done that show, never been how rude.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I think that they're afraid of my brilliance.
Speaker 4: We did talk about that with Mith Warhurst and she said she was going to look into it.
Speaker 3: Hey, that competition we were playing last week, Chrissy's Flippant Mix, it is back this week.
Speaker 2: Gosh, it's so much fun.
Speaker 3: It's so fun. Register by the Nova Player app. We'll be playing before four. But next in Chrissy's Quizzy, a double pass to see our gal. Kylie Minogue is inside the bum Bag. Kylie is back and bringing her attention to it to Australia for shows nationally, All tickets on sale. For details head to Frontier Touring dot com.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show and.
Speaker 2: Look, granted it is Monday, but it's not all bad.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say it's not all bad is because in today's Bumbag and Quzzy. There are Kylie Minogue tickets.
Speaker 3: She is Backswannie and she's bringing her attention to it to Australia for shows nationally.
Speaker 4: All tickets are on sale now. For details, head to front you touring dot com.
Speaker 2: Michael scale of one to ten. How bad do you want to see Kylie?
Speaker 8: And my wife loves Kylie.
Speaker 10: I'll be five husband of a year if I win this?
Speaker 4: Good on your Michael.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got everything. I've got everything behind you, Michael. But Kirsty also wants to get high. Kirsty, Hi, how we're going? I'm reading some words and I need to know what they mean. You have just been on an eighties cruise?
Speaker 10: Yes, we were just on an eighties cruise and they played and my boys are twenty one or nineteen and they just paid Kylie Minogue locomotion and the boys like.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, what is this?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? I want to go back to the eighties cruise? What does that involve?
Speaker 10: Well, we it was last minute for us, but very very planned by every single other person on the cruise.
Speaker 2: But was there like you know it's in the kitchen performing or just.
Speaker 10: Know there was people dressed up eighties. Every day there was a quit, trivia and parties and all to do with eighty.
Speaker 2: It sounds equal, path depressing and brilliant.
Speaker 4: Let's exactly all right.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the quiz. Coming down on me because I'm obsessed with you, Kirsty. All right, Number one, it's the best of five guys. You know what the rules are. Question number one, who performed at yesterday as NRL Grand Final? Yes, Michael Lauri, it is the Kiddler Roy. Question number two, name one of the three states all territories enjoying labor the public holiday today? Yes, Michael. Oh my god, you are terrified of your wife. He really wants, all right, for the win, Michael basically stand aside. Kirsty. Okay, can you name this Kylie Minogue song? Oh my god, yes, Michael, for the win. If you get this right, your wife is going to be saying, oh my yes, what is it? Oh my god, No, it's my favorite song. Oh god, I know it. Oh my god, it's only the great tensions. All right, start again.
Speaker 4: You're still in it, man, He points to Michael. Though, Michael, this next question is still for the win.
Speaker 2: Question Yeah, the sporting world. What does the acronym m l B stand for yes Michael, for the win.
Speaker 7: Major League Baseball CORECT.
Speaker 2: Your wife's going to be saying, oh, my dad have to be right there. Oh hid, she was so excited. Please let us know how you go with that, Michael.
Speaker 3: I will definitely have the best time. Head to front of you touring dot com if you want tickets to Kylie. I can't believe there are even any left those one moment.
Speaker 4: Really do we want to do? An exodus could be really good social content.
Speaker 2: An exodus that means that we both just leave this studio and exorcism.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Monday, it's a big weekend.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, we welcome the other.
Speaker 2: Team member on The Christy Swan Show to the microphone. Hello, Tom, good afternoon. I mean, if I had my way, you've been here all the time. But I know you've got work to do.
Speaker 9: I know, right, it's boring.
Speaker 2: Can you please, can you please tell the story again about you daring to leave the family home.
Speaker 4: I know it was a big decision. It was a big one.
Speaker 2: How many children are there? I am the second of four, as four, they're all at home.
Speaker 4: They're all at home.
Speaker 9: I was the first to move out, so I had to pave the way.
Speaker 2: You know, he loves a full nest, and you were the first, I was.
Speaker 9: I was, so there was a lot of pressure, but I moved out. I was, you know, I was dare I say, happy to be out of home.
Speaker 2: But were you scared to break the news being the first and having the family that you do?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah. I was like I had.
Speaker 9: I sat, we were having dinner, and I was like, oh, I'm just something to say, so we.
Speaker 4: Know you're gay. No, it was it was first.
Speaker 9: It was first, I'm looking at places and and I had to do it again when.
Speaker 4: I had actually found it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you broke it gently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did it softly, bread crumbed them a bit. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then you know, I'd been out of home, I reckon for a couple of months and I came home and Mum goes, I've got to show you something, and I went, oh, okay, great. She opens my door and she's turned.
Speaker 2: To your old bedroom.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 9: Well, actually, to be fair, there was a bit of shuffling around, but the spare bedroom in the house she turned into like a dressing room. But in the dressing room. It's like a mismatch of all sorts of things. So like she's got a clothes rack in there. She made my brother build a rack that she can hang her bags on.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's building stuff.
Speaker 9: But there in the other part of the room, it's just a single bed.
Speaker 2: There was a bit correct. The message was clear though, that you've left and you're not welcome back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, And there's no personal touch to your room or that room anymore. It is simple bed where anyone can sleep.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's you know, how did that make you feel?
Speaker 3: Because like I like to still know if things go wrong when not like after when I'm sick or after a big night and I can go back to mum and Dad's house and have my bedrooms.
Speaker 2: Is your childhood room still there?
Speaker 4: Obviously I've like kind of re remixed it, but yes it is. It's still there.
Speaker 9: Okay, this is what this is crazy because I was talking about it with people in the office and they're like, oh, my mom left my room as it is, Yeah, still there most people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's two there's two ways to go about it. The mother that clings on to the memory of that time and it's like a moresoleum a museum to her child and it's not touched. And then there's your.
Speaker 3: Mum thirteen twenty four to ten. What did your parents replace your room with when you moved out? I feel like it must happen a lot more than we think.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, And there's going to be a lot of craft. I think there's a craft from a sewing.
Speaker 4: Room screams midlife Crisis, the Crazy Swan.
Speaker 2: Show, and we're talking about how quickly your parents moved on when you moved out of home and turned your bedroom into something that you were not welcome in any more. High Stacy.
Speaker 6: Hello, guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was the last child to leave, and I think my mum had a big life crisis and turned my bedroom into an art studio.
Speaker 11: Ohy has never painted before?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now that is a well worn path because what she well can I give you an insight into what was going through her mind as probably a woman that was about my age at the time. She has spent so long parenting and identifying as a mother, and she's been waiting counting down the seconds for her last baby to leave the nest so that then she could be her true self. And weirdly, our true selves are often an artist, a soa you know, a Jim junkie, and that's what we co opted the room to become.
Speaker 3: I just would be so hurt, though, would you, Yes, because that's my safe place price and pharmacy voucher for you stay.
Speaker 2: Wendy would never do that.
Speaker 8: Never.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Gabby.
Speaker 2: Hi, Gabby, what happened when you moved out of home?
Speaker 4: OHI guys.
Speaker 6: I my dad turned my bedroom into a bonzo A nursery as a Bondi nursery, and my mother turned the spare room into a gym that she didn't use for fourteen years. Yes, and they told me really directly, once you moved out, you did not walk back through those doors. You can have a meal, you can come and visit. And I was sixteen. I'm fifty three now.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was a long time ago, you know, when you were sixteen, Gabby, and they still turned it into a gym and a bon Sign nursery.
Speaker 6: They thought that I had it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was I was hurt. I must say, I've never heard of a bond Sign nursery that is had I and I haven't and you haven't seen.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. You've got father's voucher coming to you. Gaby. Let's finish with Jilly.
Speaker 5: Hello, Jill, hellogos, how are we good?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: What did your mom fill your old bedroom with when you moved out?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: What didn't she?
Speaker 11: It was her tupperware room.
Speaker 4: That is so great.
Speaker 2: How much tupperware did she have?
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, she had heap. She went to so many parties and it was if you buy this, you get this, and you get that. And she just kept buying it and didn't actually sit in the kitchen. So then she started piling it up. And then I moved out in the late eighties when I was seventeen, and she was still going to parties. And then she worked out if I became a consultant, I can get all this stuff. So even though she didn't need it, she brought it. She got it.
Speaker 4: How how they displayed, Jill, was it like on shelves or like tables or just on the floor.
Speaker 11: She had shelves, she had table, she had them on the floor, she had them color coordinated, she had this gostizes. It was insane, it was it was. Yeah, it was back when you're seventeen, you think, oh that's crazy. But now as a fifty ish I think, oh, how amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm thinking that now I'm thinking what I wouldn't give to get into that room and collect it all as well.
Speaker 4: I can give it another three years. You'll have a Taylor Swift room.
Speaker 2: My whole house is a Taylor Swift Road.
Speaker 1: Jack Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: The last time we played this, we gave away a thousand dollars worth of neutrable at stuff. Let's see if we can do it again.
Speaker 1: It's a number one personal blend of brands in the world.
Speaker 2: Chrissy's flipped and mixed it.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I'm a danged out.
Speaker 4: Every proceeds.
Speaker 2: Hello Emma, Hello, Hi, you're a teacher.
Speaker 7: Good on you, thank you?
Speaker 2: And you're in Perth. All school holidays are on at a different time. Are you on school holidays now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: And don't you get it's sick of people going on like it for you. You're on holidays more than you are at school.
Speaker 6: It's probably the most common thing say to me, And do.
Speaker 2: You just need to go home and make it yet another voodoo doll? It's like boring is an ash?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: You are gonna love this neutrable at Flipp, which is the price you get even if you completely bomb out, so there is no losers here. I know it's so good. We have got two songs, we've thrown them into the neutra bullet and we've given a real wizzup. If you can name both of them, you get a thousand dollars worth of amazing neutribullet stuff. If you name one, you get three hundred bucks worth. And even if you've got no idea, if you hang up now, if you go I don't know, don't even play it, you still get the amazing neutrable at flip. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: I'm ready? Things go.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's one.
Speaker 2: There's another one in there. You've got what I love both of those. Emma, clear out a drawer, a shelf or something, because you've got one thousand dollars worth of neutral bullet goodies coming to you. And it's not just those amazing portable like blender devices we're talking. You are going to get a digital air fryer, a smart sense blender combo. I know it's so cool, and my personal favorite, the every grain cooker. It's so good.
Speaker 4: How good? Not bad? For a Monday, Emma.
Speaker 6: I know an a school holidays too. You guys have made my whole school holidays. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You're so welcome. Registered by the novplayer app if you'd like to play tomorrow. The Chrissy Swan.
Speaker 2: Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Don are you