Speaker 1: We got get every morning, every day, every gentleman adelaides.
Speaker 2: Check checked that last message from your partner if you are indeed in a relationship, because at some point we switch from lovews to logistics, and he just becomes those mundane details that you have to discuss with your partner. It's unavoidable. And then sometimes like I do, I go, oh my god, who are we?
Speaker 3: Where's the passion?
Speaker 2: Where is the passion?
Speaker 3: Where that it drifts off to?
Speaker 2: May I give you an example. This was this morning.
Speaker 3: Because your husband, by the way, is a passionate man. He's just chock a block full of passion. It uses out of.
Speaker 2: His poor Oh my god. I couldn't get a word out of him on the weekend because the ice hockey season started again. The NHL and I have discuss I just sat in the couch with him. I was eating my breakfast. I'm just going to go and sit outside like absolute donuts from the man.
Speaker 3: I forgot to specify he's passionate about ice.
Speaker 2: Clam Yes, correct. So this was this morning. What are you doing? From him? I'm like, I'm working you and he says, babysitting. I go your own children, And he said, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Ye's good now that that is a conversation of a couple who were very very well established.
Speaker 2: Man, it's not exactly I can't wait for you to come home.
Speaker 3: No, it's not, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Maybe we could have a bit of mummy daddy times nothing like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See you say that like the passion leaves at a certain time the relationship. Do you want to hear mine? Please get the messages? All right, so just strap yourself in because this is just as passionate as it gets.
Speaker 1: It's just started.
Speaker 3: A car is sending me a message. Car won't start. I said, oh my god, it's the battery. I've cooked it. She said, I can't get until Monday. I can't even jump to start it from your car because you don't have one. And I said, that's correct. I know I don't have one. So what now? She said, f no's I need to get Lotti to ELC in the morning. Mum will hopefully.
Speaker 4: Help my goodness goodness me seconds later off, yes, wow, and if you want to kick us off, good.
Speaker 3: Morning to you.
Speaker 2: Good morning, how are we We're great? Thank you? What was the last exchange with your partner?
Speaker 5: So it started this morning? We both have shipwork for our ships are all over the place. I sent have a message saying wake up, I'm leading to work, and don't forget to send me a roster blushed out, staught of hair and sappy before you from off my Grandma's black. Yes, so I've got a screenshot of his roster bus and sums up amazing.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that just send these beautiful shivers through your body?
Speaker 2: Here? When that thumbs up is like, I just I can't even be bothered to put words into a text. Now, that's how bad things are going, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not adhd as well, like I pretty much discipline at summer, I just lift yeah, right for the day.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you this though, And but did the screenshot of his roster for the next couple of weeks? Did that make you really told?
Speaker 3: Yes? That is I'm not sure what I can talk about on radio because moments after that text exchange things went really really north and south of you know what I mean? Exactly your father he's on the money, nothing loose this time the morning we can get away with some stuff before we got to straighten up after.
Speaker 2: Seventhstra where we all pucker up and let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's talk underwear use or not use of? Do you know what I mean? Okay, this will make sense when I say. Delta Airlines recently released a two page memo detailing appearance requirements for future employees, which stipulates that flight attendants must wear underwear. Why are you boing? Why are you guys booing? Come on? Games?
Speaker 2: Is that like a no brainer?
Speaker 1: That probably is?
Speaker 2: Can I say those skirts are tight? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But that's the thing. The memos split into four sections, covering grooming, hair and what jewelry is acceptable, and clothing. More specifically, it states that proper undergarments must be worn by interviewees and current flight attendants must not be visible. So is it we're talking as it a Sharon Stone Sliver moment that they're trying to avoid or what's going on?
Speaker 6: Confused as to how they know that people aren't wearing.
Speaker 2: But can I go back to my original point? Please? Sure those skirts are so tight that you can see whether they are or if they're not. So, if you're wearing a G string, you'll see the outline. If you're wearing foot briefs, you'll see the outline. If you're not wearing any underwear, then you won't see anything at all. So either way those flight attends, it can't win because we will tell if if she's Nicholas or if she's not Nicholas.
Speaker 3: What she's wearing, like a pair of arm like old school red and stimpy satin boxer shorts. So true. That's also distracting because because you know, can I who wears them?
Speaker 2: They can I ask a question. You would have had a pair of them, you would have met. This is why you went home alone at three am every single time, because no one is having sex with you when you're wearing red and stiff.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know what was wearing. I know, but if I got someone home and then they still would have left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you were enough of a douche for people to go. He'd be wearing ridden ste He's been in some of the biggest international TV shows like Game of.
Speaker 3: Thrones, is your sister and you left her to die, some of.
Speaker 2: The highest grossing films like the Avatar sequels.
Speaker 1: Was louder than Me and I'm the one with a half boom.
Speaker 2: But we know him more for being Tom in love my way.
Speaker 3: If you still feel like this on your birthday in three months. Then I'll help you to the end of his.
Speaker 2: New show Plum, premiering this Sunday at thirty on ABC.
Speaker 1: Please welcome Brendan.
Speaker 2: How basically, please say very good morning to our super special guest, Brendan cow Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, they're going Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much for coming on. Please tell us about Peter the plum Lum living the dream until he's not in this incredible new show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that pretty much sums it up.
Speaker 7: I wanted to explore post career for athletes, you know, what happens to them, and because I've read a lot about how they can become very depressed, their lack of identity, what happens with their body.
Speaker 3: And Peter the plum Lum works at the airport.
Speaker 7: He was a footy hero, kind of Paul Gallon, kind of greet bird kind of guy. And he's got a girlfriend and a son who loves his beers with the boys and training.
Speaker 3: And then one one day at work, he has an epileptic fit.
Speaker 7: He has a seizure on the on the tar as the result of the concussions he took on the field because he was one of the toughest to ever play, and suddenly he's faced with a bit of a situation, which is, you know, do something about it, very hard when you've never been scared of anything and your own the way you solve things is through running through a brick wall.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of where we lay our scene. It's an interesting situation made I like, I know, and even from an AFL perspective, it's the same thing. And I didn't play at the top level, but it used to be a badge of honor if you could get through a concussion test come out the other side. And still we did and not know where you were, but play you were a hero. And now and I've had to do it. I'm forty years old now and I've had to sit down and be like, this is man, how many concussions did I cop.
Speaker 2: But how many concussions do you think you had when you.
Speaker 3: Play three really bad ones?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 3: But I had I reckon maybe a dozen of the micro ones, which were where you'd get knocked and phazed, and you knew that by the time you got to the bench you'd be fine, so you push through it for a good thirty seconds. Who knows what's going to happen now, that's amazing.
Speaker 7: The thing that they're becoming more concerned with is those repeated cans. Isn't it when you have been concussed and you come back out leaving yourself vulnerable to be concussed twice, you know, a direct avenue to towards CTE. Of course, you can't diagnose CTE till posthumously because you can't go ferreting around in the brain. But there is TES which is traumatic and cephalopathy syndrome where ex players, even soldiers and sound people and boxes might show symptoms of you know, bouts of rage, forgetfulness, insomnia, mood swing. So it's a really really intrusive and bewildering disease. And what I'm more interested in as a dramatist is what happens to a male in that situation. How does he talk to his girlfriend? How does he talk to his son? And this is about communicating, and.
Speaker 3: That's that's another element and that's something that's sorry for taking over, but that's that's something I'm learning as well in that is communication. But how you feeling and not just emotional but now physical. It's a massive generational shift now yeah, well, let's hope.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, you get the feeling that you know, with the millennial, your dad's being more present and guys go and you know, there's a lot of podcasts and people out there going no, no, let's wrap this up.
Speaker 3: Let's not just drink it down, push it down.
Speaker 7: But where behavior becomes toxic is when you deny how you're really feeling and it inevitably spurts out. And he's not only doesn't have the skills to communicate, so he's been told.
Speaker 3: That it's wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he thinks, I don't want to impose myself.
Speaker 3: I don't want to have to bloody be a burden.
Speaker 7: And the new idea of bravery that I'm trying to present in the male world is maybe putting your hand up and saying I'm stressed, confused, and afraid is bravery more so than going back and out back out on the field with a broken jaw and putting it back in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Jup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that mouth up absolutely incredible. And I can see what's happening here. There's a there's a budding bromance between the two of you, because you're bonding already and now it's going to get even firm up because I'm going to tell you, Brennan that he loves NRL as much as you do. And I think you're a big Cronulla Sharks fan, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well that I mean that was kind of also.
Speaker 7: Probably the secret I'm trying to keep is that I made this show so I could finally live my fantasy of being Sharks Champion.
Speaker 3: The only way it was ever going to happen was through fiction.
Speaker 2: Just before I let you go, I have to ask you about Love My Way, which is one of the best series that has ever been made in this country. There's no question about that. And you know when you have a scene from a show that sticks with you forever that creates trauma, when the little girl dies in the park when she's running through the park in the Love Sorry it's about twenty years you just said it's twenty years old, but.
Speaker 7: That has you just had half after the town about to go, I might watch that tonight. Well, everyone was just about to buy the DVD box set.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I've just cost you some royalties now, but that that is just the most powerful television I've ever watched. And if anyone hasn't watched this series you need to and you were great in it.
Speaker 3: It was it was until Sunday night I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yes, yes, now your new show has come along and usurped Love my Way.
Speaker 7: Well, you know the smart that I did. I got the producer from Love My Way, the writer from Love My Way, a couple of the actors from Love My Way, and I thought, not, unlike a footy team, if you put a couple of those champions around you who can deliver that stuff, then we might be all right.
Speaker 2: We could absolutely talk to you all day. But now I'm going to sit back and watch Hazey go no you hang up, and then Brendon go no, no, you hang up first.
Speaker 3: Finally, it's good to talk some sort of NRL with someone who appreciates it. We're in South Australia. We don't get much NRL.
Speaker 7: I've done here, Brendan, that's all right, mate, Well jump in on Sunday night it's Love my Way meets the Kronella Shark.
Speaker 2: There you go, Brendan Caw, what a pleasure to talk to you. Thank you so much for your generosity with your time, and it's so lovely to chat with you. You're welcome on our show any single time.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mate, We appreciate you. Thanks very much. No good on you, mate. Leaving a company or a job or anything in particular, it can be awkward, you.
Speaker 2: Can, and it can be awkward when it's someone that you think in your head, Jesus Christ, how did you even survive this long? Because you're really about it, job.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see the back of you.
Speaker 2: And also you're a bit of a d head.
Speaker 1: Yeah head. I don't even know what that means, but I assume it's not good.
Speaker 3: A UK woman who sued her former employer over not receiving a leaving card has lost her employment claim after it was revealed the card was hidden from her when only three people had signed it.
Speaker 2: Really then and then she suited them, and that, my darling girl, is the reason why everyone's pleased to see the back of it. Yes.
Speaker 3: Coincidentally, her name is karen Na Conner. She brought forty complaints to a tribunal and claimed that the lack of leaving card was a failure to acknowledge that her existence, and then their response basically was, well, we hid it from her because we thought that would be even more derogatory.
Speaker 1: That's such little people interacted with the card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sad, isn't it. How does it say how many people in the whole entire company?
Speaker 1: Is it like a car ten? She works at Google. I'm not sure. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is pretty brutal. You know.
Speaker 3: The other thing as well is when you leave some of those big, stupid farewell cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, produce a flak. You've got some thoughts on this.
Speaker 8: I've had seven over my whole career.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 8: It's kind of hard, and I've burned every one of them really, just said they're a waste of money. I don't like them. And also you have a look through them and it's like, oh, Bob in Finance signed it. Oh great to work with you, Bob. I spoke to you once in three years. Why did you sign my card?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the worst because then and when the card's going around and everyone's sort of there and they go, hey, blah bars leaving here, you go, do you want to write a message? I'm like, no, I'm stuck writing hey, good luck from Andrew.
Speaker 2: Well. Also, if it's a really good friend that you really like and you value them, I'm sending a text message. I'm saying, hey, you know, I'm so sad to see you go blah blah blah blah blah. I'm not writing it in a public forum in front of everybody. That's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and do the right thing when I leave places, give you yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You cloice a beer I've got.
Speaker 2: I've got some real thoughts on what I'll write in your card when you go ready. Do you want to relay them to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or do you want to read it?
Speaker 3: You write it down, I'll read it all right. What is my message to Hazy? I'll miss your the presence of your calves.
Speaker 1: All the best, go yourself.
Speaker 2: It was so close. It was just dear Andrew, your father.
Speaker 3: He's on the money. Listen six not. Sometimes you just go, do you know what? To hell with it? I'm going to be just a little bit of extra blues, yes, because I can't do it after seven o'clock. So this is the space to do it. Get it out of your.
Speaker 1: System, Joe.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to argue with you me what you got.
Speaker 3: Sometimes these stories just float across my desk, or do I find them. Sometimes we meet in the middle. Here's one for you. A dutch Man was hospitalized after inserting fifteen I said, fifteen hard boiled eggs into his erectum while under the influence of drugs. I'd see, what what have I always said about the Dutch?
Speaker 2: I don't know if the gosh.
Speaker 3: To all the Dutch people out there, stop using your rectum as a storage facility. It's not supposed to be used for that. The main experienced of the abdominal pain, leading to emergency surgery to remove the eggs, which had caused intestinal tears. Oh sure, doctors successfully treated him and despite the very unusual situation, the patient recovered without further complications. A bit of an extreme activity, if you know what I mean extreme.
Speaker 2: I know, I got it. I thought, Oh, I mean, if you could, to be fair, I'm just trying to think this about this in a tu sense, because I've brought an egg dispenser from there. Once it sort of shoots it out at the bottom of so I mean, the concept itself isn't bad. It could be fairly decent egg dispenser if you can keep the egg intact.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that's the big issue?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Hard boiled eggs probably is as a normal eggs to keep intact. But when you've got fifteen there as well, that's more than a dozen. Yeah, great effort. I'm not sure what maximum capacity is up there. I would have thought for me personally, i'd be sort of pushing six. I reckon, let alone a full dozen. But once again, we've always said that about the Dutch, very good at storing multiple eggs in their rectum.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd see the day when I'd come into work and have a discussion about how many hard boiled.
Speaker 3: The broader question as well, Jades is third and twenty four ten. What have you? What have you accidentally stored in your recud? It happens all the time, whether it's a passion piece or you've just got no storage space at home. These days, space can be very very scarce. If you've got any ideas third angelent fourteen what you've stored up there, or send us a text to four double O nine nine. No, I'll go first an acra.
Speaker 2: For the uninitiated. That's the award Hazy Well last week for being the best newcomer. It's up.
Speaker 3: There's not much There's not much other space in there because that's a passion face by the way you put it there.
Speaker 2: My really, let's it is, so time for it.
Speaker 3: Let's go, girl, Yeah, let's go girls.
Speaker 2: You just sit in the corner and shut your face. Producers. So we were talking the other day about breakups can be good, can be bad. You can gain things or you can lose things. I want to know what you've lost.
Speaker 6: I think when we started this conversation, hazy piping.
Speaker 3: With dignity, I don't think. I don't think I said that. Maybe I said about myself. You said that. I think I said, don't say dignity, and.
Speaker 6: Then this morning you followed it up with confidence.
Speaker 3: Was looking at you?
Speaker 2: When was the last breakup I went through to produce a flat?
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I just looked down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was awkward for flat.
Speaker 2: I've been in a relationship for like fifteen years, so you weren't talking about me.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 6: Well, actually, on the contrary, I've gained something from my latest breakup. Go on a house plant, a really good one, fiddle leaf on.
Speaker 2: It's the small victories. I'll take it.
Speaker 6: Yes, the fellows to yes, but mine's like one of the sort of mini versions. So it sits nicely in my room. I definitely abandoned it for like a month after the breaking it on the.
Speaker 2: Plant, you would have really liked it. I had some vindictive feelings towards that plant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the plant services department almost turned up at your door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And funnily enough, when we were talking about this, I realized every plant I have in my rooms from an.
Speaker 2: Act and ex partner, Oh my god, you live in a corn.
Speaker 6: I've got.
Speaker 3: That's so anywhere who goes to producers are his house. Particularly if you're a new mate, You're like, what's going on with this forest here? What are we doing here? I was just trophies for You've got a spot over there.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you. You got quite teary when you spoke about something that you lost in a relationship.
Speaker 3: Tell everyone, yeah, a couple of xs ago. Look, I think it was pretty amicable the way that we went our separate ways. But what I lost in the relationship was and I still haven't seen to this day, nor do I think I'll ever get it back. It was a copy of Anthony Keatis's autobiography Scar Tissue, Yes, which I lent to my ex girlfriend's father, and we never never came back into my hands. That's something I think about most days, most hours, most minutes as well. Thanks for reopening that.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I'm just going to assume his name is David Dave thirteen. Have you still still?
Speaker 3: I'll get a text from you like I'm almost finished.
Speaker 2: Also, it's twenty six ninety nine from Dimmicks. So if you're really not broken, not god about it, you can just go on grab a coffee.
Speaker 3: This was my original coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it meant something, was it? Science?
Speaker 6: A few of my exes have lost some hoodies as well. Oh yeah, I got a little collection, so painting myself in a really positive lights this morning on in.
Speaker 3: The forest, in the spot spot in the drawer there to leave you hoodie there you know the drill fellas.
Speaker 2: Oh darling girl, darling, lest you.
Speaker 6: Warm and good oxygen in the room from all the plants?
Speaker 3: Yes, true, great floor.
Speaker 2: A lot of bugs lots.
Speaker 3: That's fruit flies as that we're calling her exes now
Speaker 1: Think