Speaker 1: Okay, it tell him it's it's Harps and Patrick. We are Sands, Tiff, You and I am just going to have to see how we go. Just us too, dummies, mate, Yeah, we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: You know. Testosterone's pumping.
Speaker 1: Did you go get some? I'm glad you got some. Where'd you get it? Did you get it on the black market or did you see the doc?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Do we have to go there already? No? I reckon. I actually think your testosterone levels would be probably above average for your age because of your health, your healthy lifestyle, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Does that make a big difference, does it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Of course? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah. So if you if you beat your body up, you know, drink lots of booze, eat shit, don't exercise, you know, like literally lifting weights or in your case, doing tai chi or other kind of strength based stuff as well, increases testosterone production, you know. So yeah, being sedentary apart from the fact that it declines as men age and women as well, because women have testosterone and small amounts. But yes, so, oh, one hundred percent, like lifting weights increases test production and blah blah blah and all of that. But there's a lot of Yeah, it's a lot of things going on in that kind of endocrime space around male and female hormones and therapy. And it's for very a very long time talking about and I've spoken about too much on this show, but anything linked to testosterone and men is essentially associated with the drug cheating scandals of the eighties and nineties and everyone, like people don't understand that that testosterone does not equal steroids, you know what I mean. And there's clinical applications we're talking about health and just like there are for ester own and estrogen for women. But enough of that boring conversation. Do you still have morning Wood? Patrick? That's that's my question. Do you still periodically have that? This is a consult now everyone, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm damned if I do, if I damned if I don't. By answering that question.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what's funny is like literally, but literally a doctor will ask you whether or not like I listen, have you heard of a speaking of tech? Have you heard of a guy called Brian Johnson? No, this is true, Okay, now I haven't come. So here's like this dude who spends two million dollars a.
Speaker 2: Year on reversing a Sorry, yes, of course I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So one of the things that he talks about, and it's not haha, giggle, giggle. You know, schoolboy smut is like like with men, and this sounds funny, but one of the indicators of health is literally how many times and for how long a night men have an erection. And so in young, healthy males sometimes that happens somewhere around two to three hours a night, and it's not because they're sexually aroused, it's just what's happening in their body. And so this is an indicator of and yes, it sounds funny, but it's got to do with blood flow and testosterone production and cell health and all of these things. Whereas yeah, like guys who are fifty or sixty who can still do that or who still get you know, without too much trouble, they can get an erection. Sorry everyone, it's clinical. Yeah, it's a real indicator of health. And obviously, you know, every second dude in Australia, if not more past a certain age have a rectal dysfunction, which it's all haha, who you know what it actually correlates really strongly with overall well being. Just like when women's estrogen and progesterone levels drop, it equates to, among other things, perimenopause and menopause. And so there are these physiological consequences on both sides of the endocrime scale. But because we're so fucking stupid in our society at times where we just all, you know, but if we snigger at it or we think it's controversial. But if your hormones aren't working, including thyroid function and a bunch of other things, you're fucked. So that's why women go on HRT, and that's why we try to get the endocrime system working well, because if that's working well, you're literally winding back the clock biologically.
Speaker 2: At least now you eloquently pointed out or asked if I had morning, would which was really lovely way of putting it. Thanks, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: What I think I might do for the next two weeks before our next is I'll keep a diary for you, Craig yep, yep, yep. I'll make take note. I can't say that I do.
Speaker 1: You know what for for our seven male listeners that we have because I don't know why, but women love you. So many women I love Patrick. I'm like, you know, he likes I love him.
Speaker 2: I like too, but just not in that way.
Speaker 1: That's probably why they like you. They feel safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can, yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yes, go on.
Speaker 2: I want to keep onto this topic because I had a very interesting little.
Speaker 1: Careful Yeah, I'm worried now. I want to keep on the topic of erections because I had an interesting yet go on.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, over the age of fifty, males should get PSA tests done, which is a prostate specific atogen. And so, as you know, my twin brother had prostate cancer and is now going through that journey. In a big concern for me as well, obviously, because it increases the risk. If you're under the age of sixty, your siblings have a higher risk of prostate cancer. And so I've been tracking my PSAs and I did blood tests just recently because I like to get on your blood tests, particularly with my eating patterns and all that sort of stuff. And what I've been researching, and this doesn't get told very often, is that And again I'm trying to put this delicately, but if you act on that morning wood.
Speaker 1: Do you hang a towel on it or something and then stroll through the house.
Speaker 2: That's the right, Yeah, because you've got to fall suddenly. That can influence your pay levels levels within six hours, but up to twenty four to forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing this as you're he's holding out his hands like you know when you caught a fish. Yeah, go on, so say that again about the six hours I was obsessed with your hands?
Speaker 2: No, no, just PSA L I'm not going to sit on my hands now, so I don't move there.
Speaker 1: That looks worse, Yeah, go worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, evidently this in reading, you know, doing research into two PSA levels because I'm obviously monitoring mine very closely. What can influence your PSAs is if you've if you've had yeah, you know you've jacked op lated, thank you, weed off, ejaculated right within six hours, but up to twenty four to forty eight hours. So I went monk for the last week before I had my blood test, and my PINS dropped by about ten percent.
Speaker 1: It dropped. So you're saying jacking off increases your PSA.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's just before you go for a blood test, Yeah, evidently because I got a GP friend of mine yesterday. We walk every week. I've got a few grints.
Speaker 1: Hang on, So what's the message? What's the And by the way, remember everyone, this is not this is the opposite of advice, So don't take any notice of what Patrick's jacking off regime really or any kind of medical conclusions he draws from that. Now you've hit up the computer, Well, how I don't trust you.
Speaker 2: The effect of ejaculation on serum prostate specific antigen level This is an article written in twenty thirteen from the National Institute of Health. So evidently it's it's known that that can impact your PSA levels, but.
Speaker 1: You haven't read out the rest. What's it say? The impact?
Speaker 2: Okay, ejaculation contemporarily temporarily increase serum prostate specific andigen's PSA levels, typically by five to ten percent, with the particlar bike lasting up to forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Right, Well there you go. Yeah, so boys, Yeah, that's that's a tricky one, isn't it. You do a cost benefit analysis, You're like, how long is it elevated? Yeah? And what are we talking about? Now? Hey, well, you keep on keeping on. Thanks for eating a fourteen day would diary. We'll call it the E MW Early Morning Wood Diary.
Speaker 2: So Jake the PEG. What about you?
Speaker 1: Hey, I've had an direction since the eighties for you.
Speaker 2: I don't all right now there you're embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Is it hot in here? Is it hot in here? Stop it? Yeah? Well, well, I'll also keep a diary we compare. No, we won't everyone that's disgusting and for the one listener that remains, For the one listener, what is wrong with you? Why are you still here? Oh? God? Do you know? We do this every time where we talk about ship that's so unrelated, nothing to do with what we're meant to be talking about. And then there's this awkward, fucking segue. Let's talk about technology.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, let's talk about porn, men, because there is a segment there is something that I want to talk about and relate to porn, because if you happen to be.
Speaker 1: I feel much better with that segue.
Speaker 2: Well, because if you wake up okay anywhere?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's talk about porn. Do we need to?
Speaker 2: But all right, well, no, it's just in relation to the government oversight and the fact that the Australian government is now limiting access to social media for children under the age of sixteen. They're also rolling out systems to be able to verify age with a lot of the major porn sites as well. That raises concerns and about the oversight of how they're going to verify that you are over a certain age. So, you know, for adults wanting to access porn in Australia, now you will have to prove your.
Speaker 1: Age, right, yeah, okay, And how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Well, there's number of different ways that can do it. One will be literally using a scanner on your phone, like the camera on your phone, to just take a photograph of yourself and then it will use an algorithm to to gauge whether or not you're old enough.
Speaker 1: That seems like then you're giving an image of yourself to the fucking Internet, not that you know. I don't know how porn works, but allegedly I don't. Yeah, let's stop now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the only segue I could think of in relation to our conversation, Craig, Can we talk about something else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Fuck please? Please? Let's talk about another bloody app from Patrick nearby Glasses. What does nearby Glasses by the way, everyone Patrick sends me a list of talking points, we generally don't get halfway through it. But tell me about your bloody app.
Speaker 2: Well, there's lots of concerns at the moment with all these smart glasses that are out and Meta, the company that owns Facebook has teamed up with a few glasses manufacturers and what you've got AI glasses that have cameras in them. You can record, you can take photos, but the eyeglasses can also see the world around them. And we were chatting earlier about how you and how I went to a concert in Melbourne this week and I was with a blind friend of mine who has you know, who has some smart glasses, and we were just talking about how useful they are for him to use those to be able to describe what is visually in front of him. So his wife bought them for him. Although he's really good with a cane and he's got a seeing eye dog, but he's been playing around with the new smart glasses. But there are privacy concerns about somebody walking around with cameras that are constantly recording or taking in the scenery around them. So this guy came out with an app called Nearby Glasses, and I tested it and I downloaded it onto my phone. It's really cool because when people use smart glasses, the glasses are basically connecting to your phone and that's how they're getting the information and how they're able to do all the amazing things that they're doing. But evidently there's a certain frequency range and without going into the technicals, effectively, this app will let you know if someone in your vicinity is dark glasses. Yeah, and potentially sporting. Yeah. I thought it was really good.
Speaker 1: So now that is a good idea, Like, I think that's a good that's a great like. Yeah. And also I think I don't know why this jumped to mine, but I yes, I do. I was talking to one of the ladies who works at the gym i' go to and they were just talking about, you know, creeping creepster dudes who come into the gym and do you know what I mean, And it's like they're just it's clear that, you know, the twenty percent of their reason to be there as for training and eighty percent is for other things. So like the idea of girls being I don't really care so much. I don't want it, but it's not an issue. But yeah, like dudes being able to film women and stuff just by putting on glasses, that capacity should not be legal, like to be able to just imagine you wearing those in the gym and they're just filming everyone in the gym and then they go home and download that and that's creepy as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, it's a real interesting one. As I said, my blind friend has been using them, and you can imagine for someone who's vision impaired, if you've got cameras and smart glasses that are constantly looking at the world around you, you could effectively go to the gym and look at what the weights are that you've set, You could describe the area. You could make enable people a lot more by using this technology. But of course it's like anything. It means that you know this. We're constantly being surveiled, and the question is where is that data going, who's monitoring it? And another concern is that meta at the company that makes a lot of the software and is powering the these smart glasses, they have oversight and they use humans for oversights, so AI is looking at what you're seeing, but they take snippets of the recordings and they use humans to be able to cross check and match with AI to help make AI more accurate. But these outsourced workers are now saying that they're capturing people going to the toilet, having sex, looking at passwords on their computer when they're typing stuff up. So the problem is if you start wearing these and they're there and they're part of your life all the time, everything you see, potentially they see. And that's why I thought this app is really good. It's a free app, and what I liked about it as well is it's been it's a guy who's kind of a Swiss psycho sociologist and he's a hobbyist coder, so's he's a bit of a nerd, and he invented the app. But what's really interesting is anytime you're wearing these smart glasses, they basically the app listens for a Bluetooth signal, and the Bluetooth signal basically has these data packets that fly forward and back to tell other devices what they are and what they're doing. So the way, so your phone knows to connect to the smart glasses because of the signal between them, and that's what this app is looking for because I've got a VR headset, and my VR headset uses the same sort of data packets. So as soon as I turned the VR headset on, my phone pinged to tell me that there was a recordable device or a smart device that was being used within my vicinity, so I could see that people would probably have them in the gym. You know, it's a free app. It's great.
Speaker 1: I thought it was fantastic. I wonder what you'd do with that, though. Let's say you've got it on and you're in the gym and at pings. What do you do then? Do you go up to the person that you because there might be ten people in the gym with glasses on? Do you go up to the person that you suspect and go e? Or do you just avoid that? Like? It's good, Like I think it's a great idea. And my question is and then what.
Speaker 2: Well, then you be you're more conscious of what you say and do and how you present yourself, because the thing is, if you're at a public place, for example, it's.
Speaker 1: No hang on, hang on, hang on, hang on? Why the fuck do I need to be more conscious of what I say and do and how I present myself? Because some fucking idiots wearing PERV glasses. I shouldn't have to adapt. They should fuck off, like you're no, no, no, But if you're hang on, hang on, I know you're a chatty kathy. Let me have a go, right, Like if I have to change because some blokes wearing glasses, that's not right, Like they shouldn't control the dynamics of that space. They shouldn't be allowed to wear those. If it has the capacity to record people who haven't consented to that, that I don't think that should be legal. And because that is what's happening, because they're recording people who have not consented to it, Like, how is that okay?
Speaker 2: It's not okay, And that's my point. And gyms need to have hard policies. So basically what you should be doing is going to the person who owns the gym and saying, well, maybe our policy should be anybody who is accessing the gym is not allowed to use any sort of recording device, and that you do. So I think it's incumbent on the venue to start to enforce that, because the thing is you don't want it to become the Spanish inquisition either. Imagine if you suddenly, you know, muscled up to some bloke and you find out, well, actually he's blind and he needs them, or they just have verything.
Speaker 1: I think that's going to be evident. I don't think anyone's that fucking stupid you think. And I just say, my friend Tony Doherty of Doughty's Gyms, the world famous Doughty Gyms, he he doesn't let people take because what's probably not in the land, but in a lot of gyms in Melbourne, people are constantly filming, constantly videoing and even taking in many of them tripods, So they're setting up try oh like a fucking studio. They're setting up iPods and filming themselves, but obviously they're capturing everyone who's in behind them, and he's just he's just he's like, fucks them off and he either kicks them out or he just tells them they can't do it. So there's no I don't know if there's Yeah, I think I'm pretty sure there's no videoing in his gyms at all. So who won't be putting up with these glasses? Is a big time good.
Speaker 2: On your tone? Yeah, the one thing that is the reality, unfortunately, not unfortunately, but in Australia, if you are in a public space, if you're walking down the street, if you're at a local festival, it legal too. You can take photographs of total strangers. It's creepy. I'm not saying that it's a good thing, but there is no law to say that you can't be filming or taking photos or recording video space. But when you're in a venue where there's a membership and you can control that, that's again where I'd be pushing for the owners of the gyms, and that's what i'd be doing. I'd be approaching and saying, you know, all the gym attendant and say, I'm not feeling comfortable as someone around here who's wearing the smart glasses. I wouldn't challenge someone directly. I would get one of the attendants or the owners to challenge them. Yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Have you been in a gym lately? I want to do two. So the next one I want to do is which we've spoken about the potential impact of AI on a lot of industries. I don't want to go into AI much today other than this one, but I find it interesting. So the third one on your list, so AI generated film at Trotfest twenty twenty six, which is a kind of a film festival, sparks filmmaker backlash. I mean, the inevitability of AI films with no actual actors is a foregone conclusion. I don't know what the timeline is. It's probably Oh, I think it has already happened.
Speaker 2: Tell us about So trop Fest is pretty exciting because the festival, it's an Australian festival that's launched some amazing careers because it's been around for a long time, but COVID kind of pulled the pin on it, so it hasn't been around for six years. So they have trop Fest this year and one of the finalists was a film called Sid Confidential. I watched it before the show. I just thought, I figured I'll have a bit of a watch to see what I think of it. It was one of those kind of detective noir kind of semi cartoon three D cartoons, so oh yeah, it was an ark and stormy night and I was yeah, yeah, guys over there, look I watched it.
Speaker 1: It was Can I just say that's why you and I are not actors?
Speaker 2: It was Yeah, it was very terrible. It was moderately entertaining. Visually, I kept seeing AI glitches, like at one point the guy goes to jump on a tram and it says Sydney on the tram at the front of the tram, and then the frame flips and it says this garbled junk or whatever. So there's little and it's fun to watch, even to look for all the mistakes. It was. It was entertaining. But I think the big argument from all the filmmakers who spend hundreds and hundreds of hours mapping out stories and then filming and editing and doing all the work they do because trop Fest is very high standard, and I think that's where people have, you know, things have come unstuck. There should be a separate category for AI, and that's the way you get around it.
Speaker 1: So category can I ask, So does it it looks more cartoonish than real right.
Speaker 2: Well in this instance because that was the style that they were going for. I mean, you can go for super ultra realistic, and you know, we've seen examples I guess all over the internet with the likes of famous actors, and you know, it's been phenomenal. The quality is unbelievably good. But in this case, they've gone from a kind of three dimensional cartoon representation. It was kind of fun. It was a bit of a homage to to trop Fest itself off. If you watch it, it only goes from about fifteen minutes or so. So well, it was an interesting watch. But I certainly wouldn't have shortlisted it because I think that's a bit of a and a lot of the you know, of all the seven hundred entriest of all, why would you choose an AI over the human made and sweat it over. I'm not to say that the person who produced it didn't actually put some effort into it, but as the majority of it was AI, then you've got to ask yourself, you know, what's the standard. We want to make sure that we keep that separate from everyday average people who want to try to launch a career or who're passionate about their hobby.
Speaker 1: Do you have Netflix? You probably don't or do you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just don't watch it. I keep thinking I should just cancel my membership.
Speaker 1: Before you do. There's a little like I never you know, those short films that day like you're just talking about, but that like this thing came up the other day. I went to bed and I normally go, I'm going to watch whatever, and then seven minutes later, I'm a sleeper by cup at two and what's that and Robots? No, it's called The Singers. Okay, the Singers and it goes for I think eighteen minutes and it's not on Netflix, and I'd like you to watch it and then message me and any of our listeners too. I watched it and I'm like, I kind of loved it and hated it, and I'm like, it's very different. Don't look it up now?
Speaker 2: No, No, I was actually looking up Love Death and Robots, which is something I think you should watch. So I'll watch The Singers and you watch Okay, how.
Speaker 1: Long does Love Death and Robots go? For?
Speaker 2: The little clips? They're all little mini video clips, different things. Where do I get that Netflix as well?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now I want to jump ship and talk about something that's more in my lane your car not really? Yeah, well, but you know what's interesting is by D, which I'm sure most of our listeners know by now as a Chinese brand, and it's so funny the psychology and the kind of the I guess, the feeling attitude that people have about Chinese cars are shifting because you know, there was a point in time when the Chinese cars in Australia were very agricultural and very low quality. But that is definitely not the case. And I'm not endorsing or supporting. I'm just saying, what is a few my cars? A few my cars, few my friends have got Chinese cars, and some of them are fucking amazing. But anyway, anyway, b y D has just produced the world's longest range EV with a monster six hundred and forty four miles, which is given or take a thousand case between charges.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a game changer.
Speaker 2: That's massive because it is has been a big factor in Australia. Range anxiety is a big thing for a lot of people, and if you particularly live in a rural area. I know when I bought my car that I did the hybrid version, but the battery powered the EV version was only two kilometers and to me, living an hour from Melbourne, I thought a two hundred ks is not a lot. So you know, a thousand kilometers, Wow, that's that's amazing. You know you're driving.
Speaker 1: That's definitely a game changer. So it'll be interesting to see how that goes.
Speaker 2: It's called the Z nine GT if anybody's interested, because they have I didn't realize this, but by D has a luxury brand as well, called Denza, So it's this brand. Yah, I didn't realize. It's like Lexus and Toyota, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes, so exactly, and hid I have one what's it called Genesis? Yeah? They have Genesis, which is where's now? I've now, I've lost all your notes. There we are now I'm back. But will your next car be an EV?
Speaker 2: Probably will be. I would think I have solar power, and I all think that if I could use my soul that to charge the car during the day, all that sort of stuff. But I think I haven't got soular batteries. I haven't got batteries rather for my solar system yet. And I know there's a government initiative at the moment. But there are a small number of EV cars that can be used in reverse to power the house if the power goes out. So I think the Nissan Leaf is one of those. So I can't remember the technical term, but basically you plug it in, but if the power drops, it acts as a battery. Because the cars, the batteries in cars are a lot more powerful than the batteries that people get to power their houses for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's a huge demand on those batteries propelling a two ton vehicle out one hundred kilometers an hour for extended periods of time on a highway. What does fake content of occupation is not educational? What does that mean? I don't even know what that means. Fake content of occupational? Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: So? Yeah, the occupation of Are you familiar with the little island of Guernsey off Yes? Yeah, okay, so it's kind of closer to I think it's closer to France than it is to the UK. But it's the furthest most you know, island of the group of UK islands. And it wasated by so it was German. It was occupied by German troops in nineteen forty or so. And what's been happening is a lot of people have been uploading photos of the occupation but they're ai generated, right. Historian has come out and said, you know, because people are trying to get clicks, so they're looking to make you know, sensationalist photos or they're animating photos. So you've got a still image of troops and then you animate it and that's the soldiers walking down the street. But it's not historically accurate. And that's this is a real concern because there's this professor of it's actually an interesting title, Professor of Conflict Archaeology and Holocaust Heritage at the University of Cambridge. His name is doctor Gillie Carr, and he says this has really become troubling because the occupation in particular is the one that he highlighted, and he said, there's lots of AI generated images and they're being shared on social media all the time because there's been a real resurgence in interest in the World War and what happened there. And he's saying, well, the problem is none of us is actually accurate. It's not scientifically, it's not historically accurate. And this is the concern and this is going to be you know, a worrisome for us moving forward, whether you're flicking through your reels on YouTube or Instagram and what's real and what isn't real And.
Speaker 1: That's already happening, like because a lot of my shit is research based where it's just because a lot of my fear his nutrition and training and science. And then it's like, oh, groundbreaking research reveals and it's like from science blah blah, and it's it looks one hundred percent legit and it's complete fiction. Like it's just it's it's a total fiction created to get clicks and numbers. And then you I saw Jordan Peterson, who we all know who he is anyway, he said that there was some quote from him. There's a picture of him in a chair on a stage making some profound fucking thing. I'm like, what, And I chucked it into Claude or chat Jo, but I'm like, is this legit? And they're like, nah, he never said that. That's not true. That's a complete fabrication. And I'm like, that's the thing. You don't you don't know, and you also, I think you have to. Like I put up a post before on Insta and it's like there's a sentence that's you know when people go are the best way to get in shape is? And I wrote, so I put that as a standaline sentence in quotation marks, and I wrote after that, whatever comes next is bullshit, because there is no best way for all these different bodies and people with different backgrounds and genetics and ages and injuries and medical challenges, and you know, there's no best program but people all the time. Again, this is the best way to do this. No, it's not because you go the best way for who, the best way for Patrick or Craig or my mum or the thirty year old elite athlete or Yeah. So I think I think it's getting worse and worse, and I think it's going to be well with some stuff anyway, and that you know that instagramy, Facebook y, you know, when stuff's getting pumped out, which is allegedly some information source. I think most of it isn't. I think most of it is now somewhere between somewhat accurate and complete bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think more than fifty one percent of all content now being generated on the internet video still the whole lot, Yeah, AI generated, which is a frightening thought. I mean, it's not a useful tool, but it also means I worry about election time. You know what happened. That's election time, by the way. Not going back to our first topic.
Speaker 1: When we have a state that's with an E, not an L, not an R. Yeah, when we have.
Speaker 2: A state or federal election. How do we know that the video we're seeing isn't propaganda that's been generated by AI. We know that that's been influence heavily influenced in previous elections in other countries. Yes, as you say, you can fake it so well now. And if you're in one of those blinker visions where your algorithm is pulling up far left, far right, middle middle, but someone's going for clicks and they're looking for propaganda, it's getting really difficult to know what's right and what's not right. And we're all being challenged to try to work out, you know, whether we jump one way or the other. And I don't know is there going to be a pushback. I mean it's certainly with a lot of younger people. I see people wearing headphones with cables on them. Now they're not wearing you know, yeah, yeah bones.
Speaker 1: I bought some the other day because yeah, I'm like, I'm not sure. And I also think another thing, Mate, is just the gap between what is happening in well, let's stay in this space, but in AI and social media and the stuff that's being because everything on social media is with one objective or a couple, but the immediate objective is to get your attention and keep your attention for as long as possible. And then I think the gap between people's actual understanding of what's going on and what's actually going on, you know, this awareness around like every time I look at something, unless it's literally a you know, I see something that you put up on social media, well, I go, well, that's him, and that's Brits and that's the fucking that's his morning, you know, I know, but most things, I'm like, I don't know if this is true, even if it looks true, and I think trying to understand. I think I spoke to Melissa earlier and I said, when I'm finished my current study, even though I don't really I'm not excited about it, but I feel like I need to do a little bit of a Craig version of a deep dive into AI, just so that I can start to speak the language. You know, there ain't too many sixty year olds that are all over AI and understandably, or fifty or forty year olds for that matter. But I don't want to get to the point where I don't understand what the fuck's going on, and so I want to become not because I want to become a coder or write this or that or you know, but I just want to understand what is possible, what is happening, what is real? What is bullshit? Of course, how do I take advantage of in an intelligent way? How do I take advantage of what's possible and available for my business and for my career? And like, you can go the super long way, or you can get the same outcome like I can. I can literally get AI to check my entire paper that I wrote that took a year and a half. It can check it. I'm not talking about rewrite it or change it. I'm just find any mistakes in three minutes that would take me half a day of sitting and reading. Why wouldn't you do that? Like find the mistakes, find them grammatical? Is there too much repetition? What does it flow? You know? And that's not using AI to you know, obviously all my workers self generated because I ran independent studies and collected all the data. But for things like that, and even I mean, I know this is a very low level use based on what's actually possible. Now, but the idea that I'm not going to inter or interact with AI as some people like fuck AI. I'm like, yeah, good luck with that. You're not. It's going to be in your life whether or not you want it, So you might need to get a little bit kind of you know, aware, and what's the word being able to speak the language somewhat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think understanding the lingo is really important. But at what point do we deep dive to the point where you know, I don't know exactly how my phone works, but I use it every day, and you know, there's only so many things you can do. But I think from a safety perspective, or at least from a you know, keeping yourself informed, knowing more about AI is really important. I did a little interesting exercise the other day with che chpt I just I threw a lot of my financial information in there about how much money I had, what my superannuation was currently at, you know, what my cash flow was, and I had a really interesting conversation, you know, theoretical of when could I retire, how much what I need? But it was pulling in data from the Australian government website looking at pensions what you could do to supplement that if you were self funded retiree. It was really interesting because it was drawing all the sources from the internet that were government related, so the information really seemed quite accurate. You know, you could do this and then you could supplement your pension by doing this, and if you have this much, it was phenomenal. You know, you have a conversation after conversation with a financial advisor. I'm not suggesting that you exclusively go to AI as a financial advisor, but as a starting point, it's great. It's an amazing tool.
Speaker 1: I Yeah, I think that too. I think I think I was talking to somebody the other day about just a little They asked me something, and it's like we were talking about how when they get emotional, they can't think clearly, they don't make great decisions, you know, they don't respond well in all of that. And anyway, I was trying to explain on a pretty basic level. So bits of your brains do different things. You've got this thing called an amigdela, which is like the emotional epicenter of your brain. You've got a thing called a prefrontal cortex which makes decisions. All of that, and I go sometimes that bit overtakes that bit and like, how do you how do you know this? I goble, I study it, but I go, do you know what? You could literally go into chat GPT and go break down the bits of the brain, like what are they called and what do they do? You know? And it's I came back and I thought, how does that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Was that a good idea? And I said, literally, tell me all the main bits because there's a fucking lot, but the main bits of the brain and what those bits of the brain do for us. And it's really like people could learn a basic understanding of how their brain works, or at least what the bits of their brain do in an hour if they want, and you know, take it's like, it is so incredible what's available now and how help Like that's just a real practical use. It's not steering you in a direction, it's giving you and the stuff that it spewed out. And I wrote, you know, basically word it so that it's it's user friendly for a lay person, and it was brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, treat me like I'm you know, a year seven student, or treat me like yeah. I used another little interesting use. I had an awkward situation with a colleague slash friend and I had to send an email, but I had to word it delicately because I didn't want it to be one of those email trails where I said this, then you said that, and I said said that. So I asked chat GPT. I want to send this. I don't want to offend the person, but I also want to shut down the conversation so it doesn't go any further. And it was great advice.
Speaker 1: Really, this is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I, you know, I don't want to offend people, and I find that you know, not that I'm overtly a people pleaser, but I think that you and I are very similar in that way. You know, we like to be liked. And so I really wanted to handle this delicately, but I just didn't. I kept rewriting the same email. I rewrote it, and rewrote it, and rewrote it. And look at a quick tip for all you email people out there who want to send an email and they're a bit angry or they're a bit emotional, don't put the person's name in the two yet. Write the email first and then put the name in. That way, you can't accidentally send it or write it in something else.
Speaker 1: First, yeah, did you find it up?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, I didn't. I didn't. I make sure so even if i'm replying, when I hit the reply, I take their email address out so I don't accidentally send it.
Speaker 1: But that is a really interesting thing because you think about and this is heading a bit more into psych and sociology, but still related to what we're talking about. You know those those times when you just know you're having a pointless conversation or you feel like with some people and I'm not saying I'm never the problem. I definitely am at times, but you're like, fuck this person. I have had this conversation seventy three times and you know it's like going or when you're in the middle of it, you're like, God, I just want this to end because you know it's not fixing or changing or improving anything. What are you laughing at.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing because I'm thinking about our podcasts.
Speaker 1: This is this is fucking ground breaking. People love this shit, both of them. Both of our listeners love this. Shout out to Arnie Marget's all right, let's do you pick another couple pick which my point is, well, I just fucking said to you fucking stop picking on me. You're a bully. You're a bully from Bland. My point is that sometimes you like, there are these pointless, groundhole day conversations that we keep kind of involving ourselves in rather than going the last time I spoke to this person about this thing, it didn't work, that was not fruitful or productive. So we either don't talk about it or talk about it in a different way, you know, because it's like I have wasted so much. I'll give you an example. So, and I've had this at least thirty I was going to say a hundred, not one hundred, but at least thirty times with friends of mine where they go, oh, I just want to pick your brain for a minute. I just want to talk to you about so food and I go, nah, nah, I go. You and I have had this chat thirty five times and you never do anything with the information that I give you. And twenty years down the track, you're still looking for a quick fix, a magic pill or a fucking shortcut. And you want to know if I think ozepic is a great idea for you? Not having that chat, how about this eat less shit? Move more? And just fucking stop asking me oh, you know, but that's not what they want to hear. So some of my friends, I go, do not talk to me about your body fitness, health, nutrition, exercise program until you're actually in the middle of doing it.
Speaker 2: That's actually a healthy thing for conversations and friends. I've got one of my dearest friends. She is quite religious, very very religious, and whenever we get into or over the years previously we'd get into quite intense debates. And at one point we were talking about Bible references and she called me ignorant, and I took quite offense to that. So we decided that we just will never discuss religion ever because she has very strong opinions and I have very strong alter opinions, and it was actually damaging to our relationship that we were getting because we both headstrong, we both like to argue and debate points. But we just found that there's so many other things that we can talk about and we care about and love each other a lot, that we decided that that's just off the table, never ever ever talk about religion.
Speaker 1: But see, yeah, that's not a bad idea, but I think the problem with that is you truly think that you're right and there's no chance that you're wrong, as does she Yeah, exactly. That's a level of arrogance. And it's like I've realized over the years, and I'm not fucking mother Teresa or whatever, but yeah, like all the stuff you remember, how emphatic and how like, Now, what do I think? I think? I actually don't know. I have certain beliefs, but I don't know. I could be wrong. You don't know. You don't know if the Bible is real or bullshit, or you know, you don't know. You think you know. I don't know. None of us really know, like with many many things. And I think the irony is that we're talking about you know, spiritual religious god things or non things. And I find that, like twice in the last two days I've read somebody put a thing on Facebook and that was this big proclamation about shit and at the end they said, if you disagree with me, unfriend me. And I'm like, that is so hilarious. You're literally saying I only want to surround myself with people who agree with me. I want your endorsement. If you don't endorse or agree, fuck off. I want to live in an echo chamber. Whereas the healthiest way is now, because if you and I think something different on different things, that's fine. Doesn't affect our friendship or how much I love you or want you to be fucking great and healthy. Right if you think A and I think B, nothing in me wants to convince you of B. I'm like, cool, you know, and there are even and I think the thing is when you so emphatically believe that you're right about something for which you actually can't prove because there's no data in this and even like what people call data. You go back and you go, well, you know, there are even in science. There's so much science that isn't really science. It's like it's it's in somebody's interpretation of a thing. So then you go, well, who designed the study, A person who interpreted the study? A person like And when you think about I'm digressing here, but that you know, because people are so self righteous and adamant about this is science. And then you go, so, do you know how much of science is funded by private organizations who have a vested interest in the results of the science. It's about eighty percent. It's seventy five percent, I think, you know, And the rest is generally government or often government. And so when somebody has essentially responsibility to the person funding their research, or they're at least somewhat encouraged to produce certain data which is of value to then it's not honest. It's not real, it's not independent. You know, most real science is out that what you hypothesized is fucking wrong and going hey everyone, I got it wrong. Here's the information. That's science, you know. But it's like we are so emotional that we don't want to be we don't want to be wrong. And it's like, well that's arrogance, you like, you're going to get shit wrong constantly. Yeah, that's like even when we go we're talking about stuff, I go, hey, everyone, do not take any of this as of advice, because this is the two fucking dickheads on a Friday chatting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very passionate about veganism, but I will go to dinner with people and they can have a stake. I'm not going to get offended by that. I'm not going to change someone's opinions overnight. And you know, ultimately, and whether it's faith, belief or whatever, the belief system you have, you can't really control that you know, if you, in your heart believe that there is a God and that when you die you're going to go to heaven, that's lovely that you feel good and comfortable in that sense.
Speaker 1: Patronizing that's lovely.
Speaker 2: Well, it is great because I've seen Look, a really good friend of mine, her husband made a ner own disease, and you know, he chose what he wanted to pass and it was and I spent you know, a whole afternoon with him three days before he died, reading from his favorite book, and it was the emotional thing of my life. And what I drew a lot of comfort from was I knew how spiritual and how religious he was. Then he really didn't fear death and he got a lot from that. That was great for me to see that in him, knowing that he chose the time he was going to die, That was phenomenal to be a part of that. And I feel really really lucky to have spent that time with him, you know, holding his hand, reading a book, and that was an experience that is profound. And so ultimately, if you have a core belief, now one's going to change that. And all you can do is basically say, well, this is me, this is you, This is why I believe what I believe. And you can take that on board and not take it on board.
Speaker 1: Look at us getting deep in philosophical on the home straight. Have you got a two minute one, because I've got to be out in two minutes.
Speaker 2: There is one that I was really surprised about, and I was surprised and not so surprised that women are often an afterthought in terms of product design and implementation of public spaces. Okay, so in the nineteen seventies, this is a great article I was reading. There was a thing called reference man. Effectively referenced man in the seventies was a white male twenty five to thirty five ways, about seventy kilos and about one hundred and seventy seventy centimeters tall, which, ironically, I'm just under seventy kilos and I'm one hundred and sixty nine centimeters tall.
Speaker 1: Average person through seventies, you're the prototype.
Speaker 2: Well yes and no, because I did a bit of a googling on this one, and evidently the average height has increased in Australia by about six or seven centimeters, so that's now wrong anyway. But what it related to is the fact that this reference. Now, there's an interesting professor at monash Uni called Nicole Carm's and she was talking. She runs a lab called monash x YX Lab. I don't know if you've heard of that one, Craigo.
Speaker 1: But have not.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so what she's saying is one of the problem is problems is that everything's gender specific. So if you think about standing on a tram and reaching up and grabbing the handle, well, someone has decided that the handle should be at a certain height. And so everything is based on a lot of research or a lot of the RND and the development of products and spaces, whether it's sitting on a bench or something like that, is still based on reference. Man, the white male from Wow, isn't that fascinating?
Speaker 1: That is fascinating. It doesn't surprise me. But I will say I totally agree with well, it's nothing to agree or dis I find that interesting and believe it. But I think there are a huge amount of products now that women are at the forefront of because women spend so much like and I mean that in a nice way. It's like especially around I guess like fashion and all of those things. I think generally speaking, women are more interested in you know, well, maybe I'm not. Well, I'm definitely not typical, but I think it goes both ways. It's like there are probably certain you know, whether and some women absolutely love cars, some don't. They're just like, oh, it gets me from A to B and it's you know, and some are all over it, and then other blokes are not, you know, or blow you know. But I think there's I think you'd find with a lot of products that there's a real leaning one way or the other, male or female around who's more you know, predisposed to kind of be interested in that. But I do find that interesting. Look, I think back then, when did you say, the fifties or sixties and seventies, Yeah, well fifty I mean that's fifty years ago now, and it's like, oh everything, I agree. The world was so fucking geared towards men and what men want and men need, and yeah, it had to change, and thankfully it's changing. But you and Tiff both kind of straddle that man woman kind of you know, like you to blur the lines a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well. The thing that she did bring up, though, is that women quite often aren't in the data, so you know, when you think about it, it's half the population. But historically they've been excluded from that data set because it is based on it's so male centric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ridiculous, Patrick. Where can people connect with you? Find you, do yoga with you, meet Fritz and come and stay thousand dollars a night in Milan for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh that'd be good, wouldn't it. Websites noow dot com dot au if you want to chat about like I don't know websites figure, but if you want to check out and do some Tai chee with Fritz and I tie chee at home dot com dot au, but send us a message, or if you want to trig about something and not talk about male ejaculation.
Speaker 1: Pat, see, you brought it right back up. It was the furthest thing from anyone's mind. M Patrick sent me a photo just before the show, every one of Fritz wearing headphones and a little mouth talking piece like an amy lady on the ads, and he said, we're ready. Sadly Fritz hasn't made an appearance. Thank you, mate. I will say goodbye affair, but for the minute, have a good Friday chatting