Speaker 1: Matt, you are looking absolutely glowing today. What's your secret?
Speaker 2: Well, Anna, I've been using this new hydrating tanning myss called Goldie B with two e's.
Speaker 3: I have to check it out. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Go to their instagram.
Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale, I want the prince charming she.
Speaker 2: How do I put?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 2: Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 1: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 3: He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable. Catching her luve.
Speaker 2: I loved being love, I love love. Did you just read out a biography about me? Did you just describe me? Or do you think I'm a himbo?
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Hello, Matt, Can you believe another.
Speaker 3: Year is almost over?
Speaker 2: Honestly, no, it's insane? Say no, I can't like what the fuck happened to twenty twenty three? Like it just started?
Speaker 3: But it was so good.
Speaker 2: That was a magical year full of you know, if you told me on January the first that i'd be where I am today and what I'm doing, I would have said, dude, show me that script because that makes no sense whatsoever, I know. But I'm happy to be here and I'm loving.
Speaker 1: It literally, like we've both of us have had the craziest of views and it's just been so fun. And I'm just like, I'm sad to say goodbye to twenty twenty three because it was so good, but.
Speaker 2: I am excited to say hello to twenty twenty four. There's a lot of exciting things coming.
Speaker 3: Up marriage for both of us.
Speaker 2: It's exciting.
Speaker 3: I actually can't believe it, Like how cool.
Speaker 2: Like I said, if you told me that and started twenty twenty three, I would have said, what, how? Who? When? Where? Why?
Speaker 3: We're engaged and soon to be wed?
Speaker 2: Crazy? Do you have a turn on this week? Anna?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: It's summer holidays obviously in Australia and we are doing Beyond the Valley. We have a live show coming up, so if you're going to be on the Valley, make sure you come watch our show. It's gonna be a really fun live show. Michael and Tammi are coming to support us, and I'm just excited for that.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. We've got a we ha many shows that we've done this year, and that would be our fifth live show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, insane. We've done a crazy amount of live shows.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if next year will do live shows because we've done so.
Speaker 3: Many this year.
Speaker 2: And that is a serious comment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously.
Speaker 2: So if you're at Beyond the Valley, make sure you get there to watch us.
Speaker 3: Were last for a hot minute because we we're all live showed out.
Speaker 1: But who knows, twenty twenty four could roll around and we might be.
Speaker 2: Like we could do a one night stand.
Speaker 3: We could do a little one night standard.
Speaker 1: People ask us to come to the UK all the time America, Like, imagine if we do a rogue international show.
Speaker 2: Let's not stress anyone out here, and I think you're stressing yourself out.
Speaker 1: Never Yes, So my turn on of the week is obviously that we're playing BTV, but also that it's summer holidays and after that I'm coming up to the Gold Coast and we are all going to be at Tammy's News Eve party, and then after that, Michael and I are going to do a little road trip up to Noosa.
Speaker 2: That's exciting I've never been to really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to know people that would go there like twice a year. They said it was their spot and they loved it.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Have you been there.
Speaker 3: I've been before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And would you compare it to Byron, Well, it has.
Speaker 1: Like some of the market kind of vibes like Byron, but it's not like Byron. It's a bit more like you know, it's a bit more bougie like that. The main road in NUSA is called Hastings Street and they have some gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous restaurants there, and there's lots of fairy lights and it's just like amazing, Like it's very holiday vibes. It's always warm, beautiful ocean and water, so obviously you get that part of it. And also there's gorgeous trails, like you can go on beautiful two hour heights throughout the NUSA Parklands. It's just you have to do it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might. I'm looking at I thought we're gonna go to Byron and stay in the house, but that's what didn't get any legs. So maybe we go up to NUSA with you and meet you up the halfar is it from the Goldie.
Speaker 1: I think it's about a two and a half hour drive if I'm not mistaken. We're hiring a car, so we're gonna do a bit of a little road trip.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: It will be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean. The thing is is like, obviously we're saving for a wedding, so I was like, let's go to Japan, and Michael's like, I think we're gonna have to stay a little bit more local. But I'm actually excited for it because I love NUSA, so I'm keen for that.
Speaker 2: Next time you want to go local, you should do lawn or something. I do love lawn. Yeah, lawn Sun Penguins go to Toddius as well, Toddy's in Sydney in lawn Is there a Toddies in Lawn underneath the pub there?
Speaker 3: How interesting?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: There go, there you go.
Speaker 1: But then again, like holiday in Australia isn't always that cheap. It is sometimes if you like calculate it, You're like, fuck, I could just go to Bali, But I'm like not going to Bali now this year at all. As in this year talking about twenty twenty four because I'm just like, I just don't like I'm not getting sick in twenty twenty four. That is my goal of the year.
Speaker 2: Like you don't reckon your immune system could handle.
Speaker 3: Bali, na I'd be out. I feel like i'd be tapping out.
Speaker 2: I've been to Bali, but like I've heard that, Yeah, you know, the having wants to take me to Balli. Actually she said that multiple times. She can't believe I haven't been.
Speaker 1: It's amazing fun, don't get me wrong. Yeah, yeah, but just not good for the system.
Speaker 2: Lar, I've got a foot infected. I don't know. Yeah, pretty intense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've breckon.
Speaker 2: 'm there both there, ankle there as well.
Speaker 1: Because it's so fun and wild, and it's like not like that many rules, like people drink on the streets and you know, it's just like you go a bit rogue in Bali and it's fun and it's.
Speaker 3: You know, great food.
Speaker 1: But then somehow you just manage to injure yourself or get sick or something bad happen.
Speaker 3: But it's a lot of fun. Nonetheless, I don't want to injure myself. What's your turn on of the week?
Speaker 2: My turn on off the week. Is you mentioned before we're going to have a New Year's Eve party a tammy and it is that this year, my New Year's Eve kiss is the first of the rest of my life New Year's Eve kisses.
Speaker 3: So that's really nice. It's quite emotional when you say it like that.
Speaker 2: So that is my turn on that it will be.
Speaker 3: The first, it's your first in law and.
Speaker 2: Last, well not last, but yeah, the first, and.
Speaker 1: She is like the last erson and then it's the first time you're having her as your New Year's Eve kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that's my turn on off the week.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Will we be able to see the fireworks from her New Ye's Eve party?
Speaker 2: That'd be amazing if we could see him, so hopefully we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would be exciting. Anyway, It's going to be a fun summer and we hope you guys have lots of fun summer plans and even if you don't drive to your closest beach, have a nice date or even to your local pool wherever it may be, have an amazing summer. Hopefully the sun is shining. Melbourne's been a bit shit lately.
Speaker 2: It's off the plane. I can't believe that shit this weather is. I literally hopped off the plane and it was raining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, what the fuck? Yeah, it's not ideal.
Speaker 1: But hopefully by the time this is dropping, the sun is going to be shining all over Australia. And if you're not listening in from Australia and you are in winter, then.
Speaker 2: You know fun fact I read, actually twenty twenty three was the hottest year on record in Australia in the world.
Speaker 1: Wow, global warming, global warming?
Speaker 2: What's your turn off of the week.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like I should say global warming. I feel like my turn off is like a bit lame. My turn off is that my hair is getting really frizzy, and maybe global warming.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because.
Speaker 1: It's been so what did you say that it's the hottest year on record. Maybe that's why my hair is so frizzy at the moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know what causes frizzy hair, but maybe humidity, humidity.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't know what is going on, Like I don't normally.
Speaker 3: Have frizzy hair.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I need to get like some treatments or what's going on. But I just cannot control my free.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, there's a bit of frizz at that's just a straight couple of hairs.
Speaker 3: But that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I've just got a lot of stray hairs going on at the moment and going into my wedding, I'm like this, this is not a thing.
Speaker 2: Well it's hot in grease.
Speaker 1: It is hot and grease, so frizzy hair. That's what I'm going to be doing. And I'm going to try out some hair treatments and see if I can control that frizz and I'll get back to you guys with the solution.
Speaker 2: You know those movies where they have like the beauty pageants.
Speaker 3: And they all have frizzy hair to stuff you.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say, you know how they get up and they say, like, what's the one thing you know in the world? And someone's like global warming, and I'm like, you come out with frizzy hair.
Speaker 1: My frizzy hair pretty change one thing I'd like to change my frizzy hair.
Speaker 2: My turn off is global warming. We hate global warming at this podcast. We do not stand for it. Us and Leo and making a pack together. No mine is in the Mold. Ives had a couple of apparoles sitting around and I go, let's get a tequila shot. I did it. It literally came through my nose and I just spat it straight out.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it came through your nose? I did it, and it was it went up your nose.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, it went down the wrong hole or whatever and then went out my nose. If. I've never done a shot before, so it was weird ass. But I'm off shots well.
Speaker 3: Because you can't put them down your throat, they come out.
Speaker 2: I did one on the weekend with Tammy and her family, and I did it and I was just like, I don't know if I want to do this, Like, you know, I don't know if I like shots anymore. I'm too old.
Speaker 1: At her new Ye's Eve party, I'll definitely be taking some shots.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I said it's my turn off today, because I don't want to be pear pressured into shots. Who am I kidding? Who are my kidding? As soon as the tequila comes out, I'll be doing only do tequila shots.
Speaker 1: A shot of tequila, a slice of orange, and then instead of the salt, getting some cinnamon on your hand to lick up after the most delicious tasting tequila shot ever.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I haven't done cinnamon, so I might try that.
Speaker 3: It's a really good combo. A good Christmas cost.
Speaker 2: Is very Christmas. So what is your New Year's resolution this year?
Speaker 1: I think that I just want this year to be the healthiest year of my life, so, you know, minimal alcohol. Obviously at the New Year's Eve party, I'm going to drink, but other than that, I just want to be super healthy. And with that, I mean exercise, eating, all of the above in the lead up to my wedding. And that's not saying that I'm trying to lose weight for the wedding or anything, but I just want to genuinely be the healthiest version of myself. Obviously, if Michael and I are thinking about potentially having kids in the future, I really want to think about like what I'm putting into my body and the foods and making sure that I am just not gonna get sick anymore. So obviously twenty twenty three was definitely a year of sickness for me, as well as all of this amazing stuff like launching the business and my engagement party and all of that fun stuff.
Speaker 3: But the sickness was a bit of a dampen us.
Speaker 1: So I just don't want that to happen this year. So I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure I'm drinking lots of water and just doing all the healthy stuff.
Speaker 2: What about you, Well, mine is be the best version of myself and want it to be better. So like this year, I don't think I would be where I was today if I didn't take that time where certain events happen this year and I said, you know what, I'm going to take a hard look at myself. And I actually worked on myself, like I reflected on how I act in certain situations. I got my diagnose for AHD, I medicated for that. I've learned the right dosage for myself. I've learned techniques on how to you know, how to handle myself in different situations where in the past I would spiral or I'd be believe it or not a lot worse. And I feel like now I've found a way to just be the best version of myself. And I'm not saying I am the best version I can be. So next year, I want to be even better and get continue to get better and continue to keep getting better.
Speaker 1: I can definitely vouch for the fact that you have been a way better version of yourself in the past six months. Yeah, like even to the point where like we don't really fight anymore.
Speaker 2: It's just like, well you're as much to like you know as well of.
Speaker 1: Course, but like I just think it's like it is a reflection on the fact that we both have really worked on ourselves and you know, just like we know our triggers and each other's triggers, and I think it's just so positive and.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, always like no one is perfect and no one out there is and it's just wanting to be better and understanding if someone brings you a problem, which in the past I would just say, you know, no, I don't think I was always like that, but like I wouldn't be as willing willing as I am. Now, Okay, well that didn't work in that situation, So why don't I try this next time? Or you know what I mean. And I'm not being so self righteous. I just think that I want to just keep getting better. That's all I want. I want to keep getting better.
Speaker 1: Obviously, everyone is manifesting for twenty twenty four and making all of their news resolutions at the moment in the lead up to the New year, What is the best way to set a new habit?
Speaker 2: Well, how many days is it that they reckon that you break a habit?
Speaker 1: So it takes seven days to form a new habit. So for instance, when I before I actually started drinking coffee, I didn't drink coffee until I was in UNI and I was in Union. Everyone around me was drinking coffee and I was like, I really want to drink coffee like everyone. So I had a mocker for seven days. So it was like a little half shot of coffee and a bit of you.
Speaker 2: Know, hot chocolate, such a darling drink.
Speaker 1: And I had a sip of it for seven days. And after that I liked coffee.
Speaker 2: I remember when I first like coffee. I had a dream that I was on the ice breakad, you know when he used to dive for the ute and grab the ice breaks off out of the truck from the ute. Yeah, I dropk that was me. And the next day I was like, I'm going to try and ice coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: You know, I go to sleep and I crave for my first sip of coffee. The next morning.
Speaker 1: Dear, Yeah, you do drink a lot of coffee. So do I. Though I don't think we're the best influence on coffee drinking because I say you drinking a lot of coffee and then I'm like, oh, that's normal, but it's actually not.
Speaker 3: We both drink an absurd amount.
Speaker 2: I had three in the lounge, the Virgin lounge this morning. Remember you're on the phone and they were like, you're coming back, so three there, got off the plane, got a large one from Macis and then you had one for me. And I'll probably have one before I go gym tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm done with coffee too.
Speaker 1: I've had three and that's it.
Speaker 2: I'll be on six.
Speaker 1: See, this is why we're hitting our heads through the wall, like we're actually unwell of by the butt.
Speaker 2: And the most used words for twenty twenty three came out out. What do you think some of them are? Era?
Speaker 1: Everyone's talking about what era they're in.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's like a thing.
Speaker 1: Is that? Because Taylor Swift came out with her era's tour and then all of a sudden everyone's like, I'm in my single era, I'm in my wedding era, I'm in my whatever.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I would think that would be is it error, I'd say.
Speaker 3: Error, Okay, fucked it already.
Speaker 2: No, that's okay. I had this conversation the other day about some word, and I was just like, tomato, tomato, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: We'll tell me what are the most used words of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, so sus like you're being sus or I'm going to sus that here. Okay, Yeah, yeat. I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: I don't know what yeat means, and it.
Speaker 2: Means like yay, yeat.
Speaker 3: That's not what I means. When the kids go, we're so old, look it up on Dituary. I want to know.
Speaker 1: See, man, I like some of some of these words that are the most use words of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yep, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: But others I'm like, I would never have said yeaked.
Speaker 3: This is the first time I've used the word.
Speaker 2: Get excited and enthusiastic.
Speaker 1: So they're like, yeat, I'm so excited yeat. I've never heard anyone say that, but anyway I've seen it. Salty is the next one. You say that a lot salt city. I love saying salty. I'm so salty about that.
Speaker 2: Cap like a hat cap. Urban Dictionary means to lie to cap.
Speaker 3: I'm going to cappy. I'm going to cap to you.
Speaker 1: We actually are aging ourselves. Three or two of this conversation. We're really aging ourselves. Hopefully our listeners are on the same page and they're like, what on.
Speaker 2: Earth the earth? Bet? Yeah? What? I bet you that? That's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of my mates would say, bet, let's put a bet on that.
Speaker 3: That's how the word is meant to be excellent.
Speaker 2: You're all similar saying expression word so how the kids used to say word. Yeah, it means that. That means like excellent, you'll like to bet on a horse race? This isn't going well for bougie?
Speaker 3: Is the next one? We'll all say bougie?
Speaker 1: Yes, simp like you're simp like you're obsessed.
Speaker 2: No, No, it means it's short for like simple, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I think simp means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I means submissive to a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, submissive to a girl like you're obsessed with her, Like if a guy like you're a bit of a simp over Tabby, like you're obsessed with her.
Speaker 3: Michael's a bit of a over me.
Speaker 2: I'm simp. Then I'm a simp. Throw away the key, sue me, I'm simp.
Speaker 3: Okay. The next word is shook. I'm shook.
Speaker 2: That you're engaged means you're shocked.
Speaker 3: I'm shocked. We got that.
Speaker 2: Flabbergasted. That's still the word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's still a word.
Speaker 2: Words don't stop, but I don't use no one's using.
Speaker 1: And the last one, which I don't know if we're going to get this one either, is mid m I d the mid.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle. You're in the mid of something.
Speaker 3: I'm in the mid.
Speaker 2: It means used to It means used to describe something or someone below average or low quality.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we got that wrong.
Speaker 2: Mid.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're a bit mid, they're a bit like that means they're a bit stupid.
Speaker 3: They're a bit mid.
Speaker 2: They're just not good value.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we are, we're all learning something new. And if you just think Matt and I are idiots and look fair enough, I'm actually starting to question us too.
Speaker 2: What was Oxford Dictionary's word of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three Oxford Dictionary's word of twenty twenty three was riz r I z Z.
Speaker 2: Matt, do you know I know what rizz is? Yeah? Do you I follow a guy who uses it all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say if I was gonna say riz like you're cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's the Urban Dictionary. This isn't my definition of it. Another word for spitting game. How good you are with pulling and sustaining bitches? Girl?
Speaker 1: So a player?
Speaker 2: Yeah, knowing how to chat to people, how to chat to girls?
Speaker 1: And I've got riz like I've got game.
Speaker 2: I've got game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Do you have riz?
Speaker 3: I've got a lot of riz. Do you have riz?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to self admit it. That put me in the shit, but I feel like I've got riz?
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt So British GQ released an article about twenty twenty three being the year of the himbo?
Speaker 3: Do you know what a himbo is?
Speaker 2: I have a feeling I know what it is. I've read something briefly. Okay, do you want to explain to everyone?
Speaker 1: So? Think can from Barbie and Ken So a himbo is a late entry into the cannon of masculinity.
Speaker 3: So he's sweet he's dumb, he's hot.
Speaker 1: He's harmless, with all the bra one of the silver screen hunk, but none of the marchoeness.
Speaker 2: Did you just read out a biography about me? Did you just describe me? Do you think I'm a himbo?
Speaker 1: So here's a bit of a golden retriever type.
Speaker 2: Energy Actually the word that tammy users describe me.
Speaker 3: She asked me, a golden retriever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, what animal do you think I would be if I was an animal? And I said, I think you'd be a lioness, rageous, beautiful, majestic, loyal and goes out and brings back the the stuff of the family, and goes out and brings like the meat the hunter.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful to cooler. A lioness. I think that's really nice.
Speaker 2: Well, she called me a golden retriever.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair, you are a bit of a golden retriever. And golden retrievers are beautiful dog.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, beautiful dogs, loyal. I think they can get pretty angry, they're pretty tough, but at the core of it, they're just a nice, nice dog, good nature.
Speaker 1: So it says here, Hollywood jock that's evolved from teen comedy heart Throb to world saving superhero.
Speaker 2: I think of Chris Evans.
Speaker 3: Do you think of Matzakowski as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I reckon this is me. Let us know goy.
Speaker 3: So you are a himbo.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a himbo. Do you think I'm a himbo?
Speaker 3: I think you are a himbo.
Speaker 1: I think you are a golden retriever.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really good descriptive word.
Speaker 1: If you were an animal, you would be a golden retriever. If I was an animal, what animal would I be?
Speaker 3: I once dated this.
Speaker 1: Guy, right, and I remember we were at this market and they had all of these wooden figurines of animals, right, and he picked up a giraffe and he's like, if you were an animal, you'd be a giraffe.
Speaker 2: Giraffes don't have any personality.
Speaker 3: I think it's because I'm tall. I think that was why.
Speaker 1: But then earlier we had been with this like other girl and this group of people, and he like really took a liking to her. But I was seeing him at the time and he goes and that other girl, I'm not gonna say her name, she'd be a panther. And I was like, I'm kind of offended that you're calling this other girl a panther and me a giraffe. And then three weeks later, like me and him ended like it was never gonna work out anyway. But three weeks later they ended up dating for like three years. Wow, And I was like, I'm offended that she's a panther and I'm a giraffe.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say a dolphin.
Speaker 1: I'm a dolphin. Yeah, I'm a bit of a dolphin. Dolphin used to be my favorite animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say dolphin.
Speaker 1: It's like fun, friendly.
Speaker 2: Smart dolphins are smart.
Speaker 3: That's a nice one. Thank you. I'll be a dolphin. You can be a himbo.
Speaker 2: What other celebrities would you consider a himbo? I said, before Chris Evans comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't really think of anyone on the spot.
Speaker 3: You love Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 1: You actually are a man crushing on him. It's such a shame you don't have Taylor Swift tickets. Just in case he's going to be there.
Speaker 2: I'll stand out in the front of the building.
Speaker 1: Another thing that we have to touch on, which I'm very upset about, Matt, is that I tried to get us all tickets, meet you, Michael and Tammy to Coldplay. You guys were in the mold Ives at the time. I clicked four tickets, nothing came up. I clicked two and we got two tickets. So now I, me and Michael are going to Coldplay and I couldn't get you guys a ticket, and I.
Speaker 3: Feel really bad at it.
Speaker 2: That's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I did try.
Speaker 2: You did try, and at least you tried. And you know what, before that, I was playing cold Playing NonStop over the UI boom in the in the room, and then when you told me to get the tickets, I was like, well, off the off the list, that goes off my playlist. No point listening to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we hope you have the best New Year's Eve and New Year's Day ever. Have the best time, spend it with friends, family, enjoy the moment, set those news resolutions.
Speaker 2: If you're at Beyond the Valley, please come and watch our show and say hello. We'd love to chat to you and meet you.
Speaker 3: All until twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.