Speaker 1: Well, once again we find ourselves in a really, really nice safe space, and that is the Jody and Hazy Podcast.
Speaker 2: So feel warm, feel welcome, and just be you.
Speaker 3: Speaking of feeling warm, you popped yourself into a portalloof a worst job Wednesday, went down to Gluttony and cleaned out some toilets, didn't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who would have thought a whole heap of human waste mixed with thirty eight degrees would create quite a pung and oda. I didn't know the science behind it until I experienced it firsthand.
Speaker 3: At that point where you're going, are you schnitting me? Which brings us to another segment where you tell a lie or a truth vice versa, And you guys have to work out who's schnitting you.
Speaker 1: And schnitting me in terms of Gluttony. So I tried to seamlessly just merge into the next one like I did. Yeah, but I couldn't quite do it properly. So I'll start again, stop full stop. Also, you're looking out for the code word this morning via the podcast for some tickets to three sixty All Stars at Gluttony. So look, I've crunched some numbers and we're spoken to some bosses and some experts. The code word today will be all star.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that makes sense, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Rainstorming meetings, They're amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, bank it and tomorrow we will quiz you on air. It's the Jodiy and Hazy Podcast. Thank you so much for being involved and bless you. Yeah, two stories. Somebody is telling a little PORCUPI and somebody is telling the truth. And if you can correctly identify who is absolutely full.
Speaker 2: Of schnit or who is telling the truth, we'll hook you out with a one hundred dollars boucher.
Speaker 3: Snit House voucher John Niga first, yes, please, okay, set the tone. This is good. This works into a couple of themes house because we're talking about food and chicken more specifically, and my gastro this week. So I once poisoned my entire family and that's it.
Speaker 2: No, wait, I'll make a documentary out of you, won't they.
Speaker 3: I tried to kill my family. No, I once accidentally poisoned them with one of those slow cookers. So I slow cooked roast chicken, not roast chicken breast, like chicken breasts or thighs or something. I can't remember. Anyway, slow cooked it for about six seven hours, fed it to the entire family. Rat poison, didn't I just poisoned them with some sort of salmonella from the chicken. And then I later found out after they wiped out the whole family. I later found out that when you cook chicken in a slow cooker, it's a kin to just putting on the pavement on like a forty one degree day like today. That's how it's not.
Speaker 2: Good, as you're not supposed to put chicken and the slow.
Speaker 3: Cooker apparently not well, ask my family. They're all vomiting and you know, there you go, the bum skirts for days.
Speaker 1: Okay, just an oddie spitty bump fest, outrageous stuff.
Speaker 2: So they got long history.
Speaker 3: Sitty Bum's got a run.
Speaker 1: Really, it's been the unwanted theme of this week. Okay, look, can't given your history with spitty bum that's a very very believable story.
Speaker 2: Already full of schnit or not?
Speaker 1: Okay, So can I take you back to when I was nineteen years old?
Speaker 3: Please do and.
Speaker 2: Look again you will relate to this story.
Speaker 3: Is this a growing up on the farm story? We had a few of those.
Speaker 2: No, No, I was out of the farm by this stage.
Speaker 1: But this is a good, wholesome story which you can probably connect with given your Tasmanian roots here. So I went out with you and I mentioned this. I mentioned this producer someone and said, can I actually say this? Because I'm a bit embarrassed about this, I went up with a young lady for we were about it together for about six months, I reckon and then it was long story short six months in that we finally discovered.
Speaker 2: With third cousins. I knew you would connect with this.
Speaker 4: I knew you.
Speaker 2: Lovely young TASMANI that you'd be able to connect with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: Distance exactly there it is, but distance cousins like third or fourth cousins whatever it was, But there was I mean, we were only related by blood.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars house voucher on the line here?
Speaker 2: Who who I just told that story? You said? It was all right? You sean?
Speaker 3: Who is schnitting you this morning? Thirteen twenty four to ten, one hundred dollars house voucher on the line. Did I poison my family with slow cooked chicken? Or did I ically go out with his.
Speaker 2: Stocks? There thories isn't it. We're not sneating you.
Speaker 1: S House Australia serves the best Nitzels, made fresh daily with authentic Golden Classic or Siliac friendly bread crumbs, Hilts and Golden Grove and o'heala and hill. Oh yep. Two stories, one truth, one lie. In shorts. You poisoned your whole family by slow cooking chicken, that is correct.
Speaker 3: And you went out allegedly with a girl, and then you discovered about six months and she was your third cousin.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were related only by blood, but still related.
Speaker 3: Who is who is schnitting you? That's the question this morning, hundred dollars House about it? On the line. Shelby from Strath album, good morning, good morning, Okay, who's schnitting you?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: I think you can put chicken?
Speaker 3: Can you? Have you done it?
Speaker 2: I thought I haven't.
Speaker 3: Myself, but I'm pretty sure you can't and not poisoned people.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm so sorry, Shelby.
Speaker 6: Shelby.
Speaker 3: There might be some people that can slow called chicken. I'm just not one of them. I did, in fact, poison my whole family. Well done. From to Louise from Gland or who pointed out that I told that story on another radio station a long time actually picked it up. Shelby. I'm so sorry, but do you know it's hilarious about this whole situation. Every single caller thought that you went out with your third.
Speaker 1: Cousin on a second Shelby, hang on, can we just dissect something please before we let you go? Did you think that Jodie's was more of a lie than mine? Like my might be believable, like I might actually have been in a six month relationship with my cousin.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could believe it.
Speaker 3: Book for holiday you this summer because a little different on holiday, more daring, relaxing.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it'd be more fancy.
Speaker 3: And what if has all kinds of accommodation to suit your style?
Speaker 1: Booking XT getaway on the what if it's Aussie for travel?
Speaker 2: The biggest weeping story this town has so much scenes is huge.
Speaker 3: So I watched a show last night after Maths. It was called under Investigation. It was absolutely extraordinary. So this was about one of the world's most unforgivable legal scandals. It was how South Australia's chief forensic officer operated for decades here with barely a qualification, providing false evidence in court. So do you understand what I'm saying. So basically his name was doctor Colin Mannik, and they opened up the job and he applied from it from England. He was lecturing over there, so they've gone, oh, he looks qualified. He came out and he wasn't qualified, and they're like, oh, well, can you get the qualifications the buddy stage he already had the job. So there are about ten cases in this state, if not more, where he got people off or put people away when they were guilty or not guilty. It was just absolutely incredible and this case in itself just blew me away. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Have a listen to the audio pulling around his head and doctor Manick when he visited the scene and said, ah, I think he might have bumped his head on the bedside cabinet as he fell out of bed, or he might have had an aneurysm, so.
Speaker 6: It's not a suspicious death. And so the body was taken back to the mortuary and it was only a couple of days later that they put the body through a scanner and found, of course he'd been chopped in the head and he's got a bullet lodged in his brain.
Speaker 2: What's this the port in the middle of the head. That'll do that'll do it.
Speaker 3: So he's turned up to the scene to a murder in South Australia. He's gone, oh nah, it's just fallen over and bumped his head, got out of blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But doctor manic. And also that feels like a stage, Doctor manic. But doctor are you sure? Yeah said but doctor, look this blood everywhere. Yeah, it's got a headache.
Speaker 3: And when we seem to have found a bullet launched in it, yeah, no, no, we're all good here and nothing to say. It was absolutely an extraordinarily embarrassing episode in South Australia's legal history. If you get the chance to go back and watch it, please do. Prior to that, I've watched Maths. So it was a real dichotomy for me last night in front of the TV, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Didn't you really just fill your brain up with a whole lot of important information.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. So they had their dinner party, which is always a good night. Fair to say, Rupert was a little bit nervous going into it. I think we should be ourselves, not be ashamed of our journey.
Speaker 2: We had a bumpy start.
Speaker 1: Owner.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling? Yeah, a little bit nervous. I haven't done my POOPI out.
Speaker 1: Rupert's come on, and that's how you get nicknames. So a sudden they start calling him Poopert. Come on, You've just got to be so careful in this day and age when you go on maths.
Speaker 2: Can I what you say?
Speaker 3: Can I just say you were the last person to judge on a nervous poof You are the last person in the universe. I reckon, you're on that Doorlet you're at over the first four or five weeks at least.
Speaker 2: Okay, nerves are good, Is that right? Surely?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just not when they translate in that fashion. Anyway, The big affair hit the fan last night. Claire and Dan had passed on a night out, you might recall, and this was revealed that after he cheated on his new wife about eight minutes with the party pash, he went back to his room and this happened.
Speaker 2: Did you kiss Claire and then went home and had to chureel the same night? And you're no, you didn't. It's a yes and no.
Speaker 1: Question saying yes, going to say, I'm just trying to work this out. Is she accusing him of going home and jumping on pogo stick? Is that what happens?
Speaker 3: So sticks of fun. It's the issue with that.
Speaker 1: That's not the sort of scandal I expected on maps these maps.
Speaker 3: People need to grow up. He's just pogoing his way around the room in the sky apartments. Leave him alone anyway. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have issued a statement after they were mocked in that episode of South Park. We can't get enough of this audio. So the episode was titled World Privacy Tour and it makes fun of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they moved to a fictional town. Harry and Meghan are seen promoting the Prince's book Wah on a talk show.
Speaker 2: What That's It gives excuse to players again, thanks for habits on the top. It's us on the beads crack. So let me start with you, Sam.
Speaker 5: You've lived a life with the royal family, You've had everything handed to you, but you're saying your life has been.
Speaker 2: Hard and now you've written all about it and your new book where it must be fun to be the guys, which.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it's called where because it rhymes was fair.
Speaker 2: It's even better.
Speaker 7: You told me you've got a time machine.
Speaker 1: On this daysy Thursday, Welcome to the twenty third of February. Shall we take a little trip down memory lane?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty three, On this day, actress Emily Blunt was born in England.
Speaker 2: Today is her fortieth birthday, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's English.
Speaker 3: Aniston Kathley. This is a very important rule.
Speaker 2: This is the only rule. You get injured on the field, you better make sure you don't.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy six, ac DC filmed the promotional clip of It's a Long Way to the Top if you want to rock and roll through the city of Melbourne and then you go back to my primary school and someone termed check this outde this is Christen. It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll.
Speaker 2: What that's crazy? High fire street credit.
Speaker 3: All round, Stuart, You're hilarious.
Speaker 2: Now, bro.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty seven, mobile phones first went on sailing Australia. When Telecon wants to try his first cellular network in Sydney, and then Nokia was king and you couldn't break a Nokia. And then if you scored over a thousand on Snake on the Nokia fifty one ten, you were like that was street.
Speaker 2: Credit as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, Stuart is like, bro, you're real, Bro, check out my snake on my phone.
Speaker 1: You can't say that these days, can you. Back then it was fine yeah, yeah, but now that sentence in twenty twenty three, Oh boy, let's move on to two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Unless you're a footballer or a rugby league player, you ain't getting away with that.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight longest time the whole one's breath was achieved by Tom stas So think his last names pnounced. He's a German who held his breath and voluntarily for sixteen minutes and thirteen seconds in a swimming pool in Spain.
Speaker 3: How do you survive that?
Speaker 2: Oh, you've just got to take it to a different place. I think, yeah, sixteen minutes, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: God, some mornings you coming here and I think, has he beaten underwater for sixteen minutes? There's not foxy to.
Speaker 2: Do his bread exactly.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen, Barnaby Joyce, during his week of personal wave, announced that he would formally resign as Deputy Prime Minister and Leader of the National Party.
Speaker 2: On Monday morning at the party room.
Speaker 6: I will step down as the Leader of the National Party and Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.
Speaker 1: Every time I see Barta we Joyce on the TeV, he think can this man get any redder? But he somehow gets a personal best every time. I like redder than red. Yeah, it's extraordinary, like beet roots blush when they've seen Lucky.
Speaker 2: That cowboy hat hides it all. Yeah, there's big, beautiful rosy cheeks.
Speaker 1: Then I'm on song today in two thousand and two, complicated by Avril Levigne.
Speaker 3: She seems complicated.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The relationship with Chad Krueger, beautiful nickelback nickelback.
Speaker 3: They got married up for four months and split up after two years or something.
Speaker 2: Why didn't it work? The worst job Wednesday? His worst job Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, Joes, if these hands could talk, oh boy, I'll tell you some stories.
Speaker 3: What would they say about yesterday?
Speaker 1: They'd say, well, didn't we prepare for an absolute avalanche of you know what?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And then somewhat we were surprised in a good way. My hand's very much up about this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is what happened. Worst job Wednesday. We decided the toilets at Gluttony probably use a bit of a clean out. You know, it's a busy time a year for people, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Literally hundreds of thousands of people have been through there already.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, selfishly they hold it in.
Speaker 3: Some people that do that, I'll hold it until they get home because they don't like to peep in.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Producers told us a story about what he used to go in these camps and old is for like four days. I don't want to be the portoloo, the cop sat when I get reincarnated.
Speaker 3: Days five, the portaloo is screaming.
Speaker 1: No, here he comes, here, he comes here, goes no. Anyway, we digress, ever so slightly. So we're down a Gluttony and we were tasked with the role of cleaning up everything and make sure just the whole place was tidy. So firstly it was waste management effectively, okay, And we cleaned some bins and stuff.
Speaker 2: That camera guy Josh was there as well. Good morning to you, Josh.
Speaker 5: Good monic ah right, had to go. Yeah, he did really well. We got there and the portalos were already spotlets.
Speaker 2: Just immaculate.
Speaker 3: Really, that's good.
Speaker 2: So we were expecting like a mountain of you know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've got to say, and I think you back me up here, Josh, the borderleros is actually immaculate.
Speaker 2: That was very very clean.
Speaker 3: Okay, did he actually get his hands?
Speaker 5: Did he got Liam's toothbrush turty? Yes, what do you mean, well, you know the one he keeps in the studio here. Yeah, yeah, I don't think he's going to want that.
Speaker 3: Bad oh my god, to use his toothbrush to clean the toilets.
Speaker 1: Yes, if Liam wants that toothbrush back, there's a few question marks on what's going on with Liam. So basically what we did learn as well is it's not really a physical job where you're shoveling poo. No, you actually just sort of pull it tap down and just sort of flows off into the into the sewer system.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then they lifted the lid and they showed us the entirety of Glutney's waist.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yes, when I'm thinking about it, because there was like, are you nappies Oh, someone put half a chicken down and the stanch Jody, the stench usually tearing up thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was trying to hold the camera and I can hear him going in the background.
Speaker 3: Do you know who's responsible for that whole chicken?
Speaker 5: Be?
Speaker 3: Sure enough?
Speaker 2: But five guys, thanks very much, Sean.
Speaker 3: It was hot over night, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Isn't it fun trying to sleep in conditions like that?
Speaker 3: It's incredible. And I had a really interesting night last night because my whole family was away. So my husband's on a two day golf tour down blasted Florio.
Speaker 2: Good on you. You go off, Greg go off.
Speaker 3: Under the guise of work. So he's away, so that meant because I have to get up and leave the house early. The kids stayed at Grandma, so it was just me and the terrifying toy kervital Sid, who's like my little guard dog. So I think I've just I've covered the news. I've covered too many home invasions. So I'm very paranoid about it. And so last night I thought, how am I going to deal with this? Because I was feeling really anxious, So I went to bed. I left the TV on. I left the light on in the hallway, and you can lock our bedroom door with a bolt. So I've gathered up Sid, the guard dog, and I've locked my bedroom door, and I've snuggled up in bed. Oh yeah, and I got a kitchen knife as.
Speaker 2: Well, and just put it.
Speaker 3: Like, no one's getting me, no one's getting me. I'm gonna be fine. And so half an hour into this little panic room scenario, I've gone Jesus hot.
Speaker 1: In here.
Speaker 2: Now, guarding against my own life. Yeah, but start the sweat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's really right, So I put the little portable air conditioner on. I tell you what hazy by being twenty seven degrees all night by four o'clock in the morning, with Sid just barking because Sid's like this poor little talk of it was sweating. We're both sweating. So before in the morning, sins annoying me with his barking. So all the windows are open, all the doors are open, and I might as well say, come and invade my home because we've gone from safety Sally to everyone neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Come on, in real turn of events, it's too hot to be safe. I'm just looking forward to Greg coming home. And because you've been by yourself for a couple of days. He's going to walk in the door. You're gonna be in the corner with like a shotgun.
Speaker 2: Who's there? So I just went off to play some golf.
Speaker 3: What a way to finish the show.
Speaker 2: Very good stuff.
Speaker 1: Looking forward tomorrow a's well, of course, more tickets hopefully to give away to see Lord via the Adelaide Festival. We just got to be prompt punching your details via the wind page and get ready to answer your phone Brecky in.
Speaker 3: The Burbs tomorrow. Rove is going to be joining us down there, and Will Anderson's going to be on the show as well.
Speaker 2: All right, enjoy the rest of your day.