Speaker 1: We got get morning every day.
Speaker 2: Joe's let's talk about a very good I was going to say former friend, but he's still a very very close friend, and that is Tom Dooday. Of course he's gone from the Crows to Brisbane. We'd speak to him every couple of weeks last year. Yeah, and now we've got this little soft spot for the lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And in the full interest of transparency, I've been friends with his partner m for a very long time. They are beautiful, beautiful people. And he gopped it yesterday copped a little bit of backlash because he did an interview or TV interview and at the end of it they said to him, do you miss anything about South Australia in terms of some of our more I guess unique food offerings.
Speaker 5: And this is what he had to say.
Speaker 6: When I was in South Australia, I didn't ever really subscribe to those those things, the pie floats, They just made no sense to me, even food chocks, things I had I didn't quite enjoy, which Southraian's probably won't like hearing me saying.
Speaker 2: That, Oh geez, what's your deal, Dodey. That's the sort of response as he was getting online.
Speaker 4: But it sort of got turned into a whole you know, do Day slam South Australia. And all the time that you and I have known him, never once has he ever come across as ungrateful for his time here in South Australia. And two never once has he said a bad word about his time at the Crows all this stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw the headline. It says, do Day declare South Australia shouldn't be part of the constitution, which I thought was a.
Speaker 5: It was a little bit over the top.
Speaker 4: It was, I guess, in terms of the food selection, a little bit of an unpopular opinion.
Speaker 5: But you're an out of town here. Out of town.
Speaker 4: You came here from Sydney and you didn't quite understand some of the nuances.
Speaker 2: So I arrived when I was twenty one years old, and I've got to say, take yourself, what's that? Yeah twenty one, when I was twenty two. I was twenty one, and I completely understand what he's talking about. Yeah, so look, I enjoy the odd fruit chalk. I wouldn't say that. I absolutely devote my wife to it like some other South Australians. Yeah, frog cakes for example, insanely sweet, but also a pie floater who actually eats these things.
Speaker 5: I've been here for twenty years. I've never had a pie flow.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a pie floater. I know there used to be some sort of cart that used to be around, I've never seen one, and I've never known somebody to regularly eat pie flowers. Yet we cruise around. We're like, yeah, pieflow, that's our thing. We love it, A spot on it. Tom Dooday is spot on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But the other thing is I was like, he's been left alone in Brisbane. He can all down the street and no one's going to know who he is. This is a two team tower. You cop a lot of scrutiny, and when you do step out of line and have the audacity to question our food stuffs, then you cop some backlash, which was pretty damn unfair yesterday. Yeah, absolutely it was, but unpopular opinions. Let's do this thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 5: Please? Do you have one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can I kick us off?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Game of Thrones? Sockt Game of Thrones?
Speaker 5: Good, Oh my god, we're going to get canceled. I with you one episode.
Speaker 2: I've seen three episodes and I was like, I just saw the first episode. Okay, I'll pushed through a second episode. How long do I have to persevere with this thing?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Three episodes and I'm like, this just stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah I didn't. I probably watched I don't know, maybe nearly the first season and just was like, what, what the hell's everyone.
Speaker 2: On about it? And I've said this before. There was one part that I saw with there's a bit of incest going on. Yeah, And I remember saying that to a mate, like there was there was genuine incests, shenanigans, and my matte was like, yeah, how good was it? No, it's not a selling point at all.
Speaker 5: I've got an unpopular opinion.
Speaker 4: Your mates are weird exactly, Okay, producers unpopular opinion.
Speaker 5: I've got a couple.
Speaker 7: My first one massages suck, I hats don't touch me. You know, I'm certainly not paying for it. And then probably my most unpopular opinion, which I've always coptured it for over my whole life, is I can't stand mash potato or even a baked potato is too soft.
Speaker 4: The moment it turns the texture turns fluffy or off.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 7: And for something this sounds psychotic because it is the combination of potato and butter.
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I know it makes everything better?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Serious?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know it's upsetting.
Speaker 4: My twelve year old made mashed potato last night with a bit of nutlegs and salt and it was so.
Speaker 7: I want to love it. What's not to love about potato and butter? But heaps and the smell, the smell.
Speaker 4: Hey, abbs in the newsroom, can you narrow down your unpopular opinions from five hundred to one?
Speaker 3: I definitely can, which is surprising for me. My unpopular opinion is they say that money can't buy happiness.
Speaker 5: But I'm sorry. If I'm in a.
Speaker 3: Mansion of the house with a big closet and lots of sausage dogs, how could you not be happy?
Speaker 5: Safety? I've got to first one. Golf is selfish, oh.
Speaker 4: Selfish pastime especially okay for exment. All right, let's use you as an example. You've got three kids under five. You get one day off a week if you choose to go and play golf on that day, which takes you out of the family system from eleven o'clock to about six o'clock, including beers.
Speaker 5: You can't tell me that's not selfish.
Speaker 2: That stressful. It is here at NOV.
Speaker 4: Working with all us emotional women.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to for the sake of this, I'd like to disagree with you, but I can't. No, I can't. And I'm not going after your beautiful partner, Greg, because I know he likes to. He loves around regularly play golf. But I'll tell you what if I said that to my wife, can't. Yeah, it's going to pop out for six hours and play but a golf in the lads, it wouldn't be well received, And I'd be shocked if it wasn't well received.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I did.
Speaker 4: If you put that on its head, you imagine me as a mother with three kids going sueya, yeah, so ya.
Speaker 5: I'll be back whenever. Greg's in a lot of trouble at the moment. I don't always.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, coming up in the news, The host declares war on pitheloaders.
Speaker 2: Jose was going to throw this out there ever been done gee, oh, jeervy, Jerry, No, not that sort of cheating. I mean, have you ever been exposed for trying to? Don't I twist the law in your advantage?
Speaker 5: If you know it not at least in the last twenty four hours night.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, you've made at least thirty six hours. Good for you. Let's go to one of the most wondrous places on the planet, and that's Island. A woman and I lost more than eight hundred thousand dollars in an injury lawsuit stemming from a car crash after photos showed her launching a Christmas tree during a post holiday competition. And also on top of that, she won the event.
Speaker 4: Hang, so she got disability compo. And then she went into a tree throwing contests off.
Speaker 2: The back of a car crash. She was set to earn herself a really nice paypack eight hundred to enter her account, and all of a sudden some photos submerge of her being insanely athletic as well. Okay, because when you're tossing a Christmas tree, trust me, they're not small, they're big boys. And she wasn't there just to make up the numbers. She won the damnit.
Speaker 4: And if she didn't think that she was going to make the local paper for that feat either and alert the workers' compensation people.
Speaker 5: Whatught an digit or an edgit? Yes, as they say over there. What a big edget fat.
Speaker 2: That's a very good accent. I mean, what sort of price do you put on winning a prestigious competition like that? Though, you probably valued about a million bucks, So maybe she's come out on top. I didn't get completely exposed, but I feel like I got done by karma. Okay, twelve when I cheated twice in my PDHP exam. So what you do is you put notes in your back pocket and then you've got to go to the toilet. Okay, So and the guys who are watching you, they can't go into the toilet, so they hang out at the front of the bathrooms, wouldn't it, and you check your notes. I did that twice, and I strutted back down, and I'd never been more confident in my life. Yeah, this test got the result back sixty percent? Okay, how was that even possible? Who can you cheat twice in a test and return a score of sixty percent?
Speaker 4: My god, what does that say about your cerebral capacity When you're cheating in an exam twice and you get sixty percent?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the hell. Cerebral man, your.
Speaker 5: Brain, your brain, your beget jet.
Speaker 2: That's a job. That's a joke. That's a job. Job, that's a terrible job, Joe. It's a pretty long break. And what it's done is allowed you to really hunt and gather the best possible jokes I have been put together on this little round planet.
Speaker 4: I spent the entire holiday season looking for jokes just to make you two idiots laugh.
Speaker 5: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Did you get on a different direction, because you should have just went straight to the queen? And that is news read Abbey of Humor.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so true.
Speaker 4: God, I never saw her development last year was extraordinary, wasn't it. I believe it started out so poor, like below path, and then just came through with the bank. I think that as the year went on, the dirtier she got and the better she got, you know.
Speaker 8: What I mean.
Speaker 2: At the start she was playing for like the North Adelaide Rockets, whatever it is, and then by the end she was like starting for the La Lakers. That was her progression.
Speaker 3: That is how I am in life. Really, you start poor and then pretty strong? Yeah, very nice?
Speaker 5: All right, who wants to go first?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: You lead us fearlessly most times, so why don't you lead us in a really positive, funny direction this time.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll tell you a funny thing that happened on the holidays. I actually brought some shoes, but I didn't realize this, but I brought them from a drug dealer. Yeah, I know, it's extraordinary. I don't know what he laced them with, but I can't stop dripping.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 2: That's a good, good start.
Speaker 3: How do you make your significant other cry during adult cuddles?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Boy, I know the reasons I have cried before.
Speaker 5: Because the NBA is on in the background, or there.
Speaker 2: Was an honesty session. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, okay, let's start again. How do you make the significant other cry during adult cuddles?
Speaker 5: How call them?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a joke now, and I've got to give a big special shout to a good friend of mine, Robie Cornthwaite. Oh yeah, the man knows how to tell jokes.
Speaker 5: There's never not enough Robbie in this show.
Speaker 2: Not enough Robbie. I've said that from day or no one's listening to me. We're pushing for it half usually all right, So you told me this one, he said. Look, a guy goes home to his wife and he's a bit of a drinker. Let's just call for the sake of this joke, let's call her car. Let's call this black handle. She says to him one night, do you know what. You're drinking far too much. Every time you come home, you covered and vomit. You're not making sense. If you do this one more time, I'm leaving you. I'm divorcing you. He says, okay, okay, Well here's the thing. I've got I thing this Friday with a few mates. Let me prove to you that I can do this. So she goes, okay, this is your last chance. So he goes to this thing, Surprise, Surprise, gets a little bit carried away one B two B three be and just goes on and on. Next minute's covered in his own vomit Classic plus and goes, oh my gosh, I'm going to get divorced. I've got to go now home now to my wife. She's going to divorce me. She's going to see the vomit. She's going to say that's it. Mate comes up and goes, no, no, no, no, no, go a little trick here. So what you do is you put twenty bucks in your top pocket. And then you tell her that one of your mates vomited on you while you will put him in the car. You're actually being responsible. Yes, it works all the time. I always do it. My wife falls every single time. So she goes, great, that's a good idea, goes home, walks to the door. The wife goes, oh, here we go. I told you couldn't do it. Vomit, you're out. I'm getting divorces. And no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, it wasn't me, it was it was ringo. Okay, I had to put him in the car. He spewed it all over me. And he goes, look, even put twenty dollars in my top pocket to pay for dry cleaning. So she checks. She looks in and goes, hang on, there's forty bucks in there. There's two twenties in there. What's going there? He says, oh, yeah, that was from my mate who shat in my pants.
Speaker 5: We got there, finally.
Speaker 2: Got the dry cleaning bill there for you.
Speaker 5: Well, on stage, I'm thinking we get it. Yeah, he's drugging in.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we got there and it was a.
Speaker 3: Marri just double checking car and you're finalizing the divorce now.
Speaker 2: Don't check my pants. Yeah, forty one degrees across Adelaide. Today it's one of those days where wow, we you could really really come.
Speaker 4: Unstuck and things can get destroyed though. This is the thing, particularly if you leave stuff in your car, can be an absolute disaster.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, I just bought a brand new guitar. It was a cold Clark of Fat Lady.
Speaker 5: One that means nothing to me.
Speaker 2: Beautiful guitar. It costs me fifteen hundred bucks. Yeah, and I reckon. Remember when it was Kevin Rudd and he gave you those payments, Oh, yes, yes, and it was like maybe six or seven hundred bucks or something.
Speaker 5: That's what you used your payment for what.
Speaker 2: I got two payments because I was on youth allounce it was at Uni, but also I was earning bugger al so I got two paints. So all of a sudden, like fifteen hundred bucks turned up in my account and I did exactly what it's okay, I wanted to do, is just go out and spend it.
Speaker 4: I don't know that k Rud wanted you just spend his fifteen hundred dollars on a guitar.
Speaker 5: I don't think that was the plan.
Speaker 2: What about Kevin Rod just quietly getting in purely because of a slogan Kevin O seven.
Speaker 5: Oh that was good though, that rageously good stuff.
Speaker 2: So I bought this brand new guitar and it was going to change my life. I was going to be able to actually finally speak to women via my guitar and through music. I left it my car and it was a forty one forty two degree day and I lived in there for about two days. I reckon got it out now. I thought it'd be completely protected. It wasn't. So the neck of the guitar completely warped on because it's like moveable wood and all this sort of really special oak absolutely destroyed it. And there's no way that you can sort of claim fault or try and get some sort of reimbursement, because I like, you're an idiot, mate, don't let your guitar cook in the car.
Speaker 4: And that would have been an absolute disgrace too, if you had a used government payments to buy yourself a guitar and then be claimed it because of your own stupidity on insurance.
Speaker 2: Kevin wasn't proud that day, was.
Speaker 4: No, he definitely wasn't let's do this. Thirteen twenty four ten. When did the heat get you? When did the heat absolutely destroy something?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Think she'll be my first test today because I've got a new one of those hands free kits for my car where you're the suction thing you're sticking on your dashboard and the lady at souper Cheap does just be careful, Just be careful because in the heat it'll get you destroyed.
Speaker 5: It absolutely melted one of hers. So it's a wedding game. When did the heat get.
Speaker 2: Your Oh that's hard, isn't it.
Speaker 5: You left a guitar in your car. Bring a guitar completely warped.
Speaker 2: Cletly warped the neck so basically just bent the neck and there's nothing you can do about as well. He could genuinely just throw it away.
Speaker 5: I would have loved if you had have tried to use.
Speaker 4: That at the line someday afternoon and you're just like having to bend around the neck of your guitar.
Speaker 2: I think we more so. I went in the corner of the room for a long time. It's a bit of a decoration. Oh yes, And then if you did get a special visitor, you're like oh do you play your.
Speaker 5: And no, no, no, no, don't worry about that. Yeah, that's no big deal.
Speaker 2: There's no big deal. Have a bit of a break from playing guitar at.
Speaker 5: The minute, Kylie, morning, guys, How we're so good? When did the heat get you?
Speaker 9: It's totally destroyed my driver's license?
Speaker 8: What happened?
Speaker 2: Classic? Excuse?
Speaker 9: I left it in the glove box and it completely melted and twisted, and yeah, I could not use it.
Speaker 5: I didn't. God, it must have been hot that day, Kylie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was too hot, but yeah, it must have been when it was like the forty five degree heat.
Speaker 4: What about Kyli's going through getting I dated at nightclubs and they're like, mate.
Speaker 2: I'm a license melted And I heard that.
Speaker 4: Before, Classic simon, Good morning, Good morning, all right?
Speaker 5: When did the heat get your?
Speaker 10: Well, it was a hot day and I decided to protect my dashboard on my car by applying like an armor all or armor guard type of thing. Yeah, but it says, which I read afterwards, not to apply to the heat, and it ended up cracking my dashboard.
Speaker 2: So what sort of what sort of job is out to get it fixed? How expensive.
Speaker 4: I haven't got it fixed, so I was like, that's a job for another day.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Nikita, good morning, how are you good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 5: When the heat gets your last.
Speaker 1: Summer come in from the garden and left the crops on the deck is exposed some Yeah, next morning went to go put them on and there are a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Was too small, crocs can't handle other things. A crocs rink in the heat.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 9: So they got passed down to the daughter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a Nikida. Can you remember when you're a kid.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're old enough to remember this, but when you used to get Twisty's packets and put them in the oven and shrink them down.
Speaker 5: I'm going to try that with a pair of crocs.
Speaker 2: Also, that is just the gift that keeps on giving the keata. I mean, how how fun would just be gifted a nice pair of secondhand crocks as well them like it? Yeah, by a second pair, Niketa, just on that. How many kids you got, I've got.
Speaker 9: Two kids for two years old and a.
Speaker 1: Twelve year old.
Speaker 2: Oh very good. We might send you along to Dinosaur World Life if you'd like. Oh, that'd be awesome, you really cool stuff. Dinosaur World Life's Little Interactive Dinosaur Show Family Thinking Adelaide from the twenty fifth to twenty eighth of January. My kid's gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I feel a bit sorry for Nikida's kid because not only is she gone to school in crocs, but she's also wearing her mum's crocs as a doubles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it used to be my mom's. Oh wow. Every now and then, as a man, you sit there and you think, Wow, what would I do in a particular situation, like a really confronting situation. Would I man up? Or would I just squirm out the back like a little weasel and forever feel like an absolute pussy cat? You know what I made?
Speaker 4: So, for example, if you were to be confronted with someone who wanted to fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, or if your family was in danger, yes, say someone intruded into your house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw this study on the weekend which I found very very entertaining, but also like, I wonder, what's a category I've been It turns out that almost ten percent of men think that if they got into a fistfight with a line, that they would win with an actual line.
Speaker 5: Have seen that meme.
Speaker 4: In fact, I think I sent it to your wife where there's a woman standing at the kitchen sink, and that's.
Speaker 5: A thought bubble.
Speaker 4: So there's fifteen different thoughts about, Oh've got to do the kids homework, I've got to pack the lunches, I've got to do this, I've got.
Speaker 5: To do this for work, blah blah blah. And then it.
Speaker 4: Flips to a and it was like, could I take on a bear in a fight? Yeah?
Speaker 8: The thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely is a thing. So not only do we think about it, we think what are our chances of actually winning? And would I be brave enough to even take part in it?
Speaker 5: Okay, all valid questions.
Speaker 2: So there was a particular moment in my household quite recently, which I am not proud of at all.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You always wonder, in a split moment, say if someone broke into your house and you came face to face, Wow, what would you do?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: I think most blokes have thought about this, and blokes say, look, I've got weapons under the bed, or you know, I'd punch him in the face and i'd grab him, I'd tieme up, all those sorts of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other night, it was about one o'clock in the morning and it was stinking hot. Oh yeah, So, and I was asleep, but I don't think I was fully asleep, And you know when you wake up and you get startled and there's that sort of moment in between reality where you're still sort of half asleep. Yeah, there was one particular moment where the mirror, it's a big mirror in our room, fell off. So he was attached to the wall and it completely fell off, so much so that when it hit the ground, one it's smashed, and then two it's fallen funt ways, so then it's smashed again.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So there was a small moment, like a really really small moment where I genuinely thought that we were getting broken into I'm in bed with it, my wife and my three year old daughter who still sleeps with us, and in my moment where I'm really tested on whether I'm going to be a man or not and whether I'm going to protect the family. This is basically all that came out of my mouth. It was dense at of miment. My thoughts were on here. Instead of jumping out of bed and jumping into a fighting position, all I could do was go and I had my wife Car literally say to me or he can't down, It's just a mirror that's four off the wall. And then the next day, I think at one stage a little bit of time to pass, and then Car had to say, can we just address your reaction? Did the mirror falling off the wall last night? I think Car is ready to go, like she cocked the fist and she was ready to go, and I was in the corner hiding behind my three year old daughter.
Speaker 5: Jeers, do you know the worst part about this story? You put that mirror on the wall? You thought you did a grass?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: On top of that as well? Sheeez, what a guy not handy and also an absolute pussy.
Speaker 5: Really picture it is so time for it. Let's go, girl, there to go.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All the stuff we talked about offwhere and we think, oh, you know what, Margaret, We're just going to talk about it on air. We've got producers Zoe with us this morning Morning Morning Newly Single, just preparing us so for a hot girl summer in Europe.
Speaker 5: That's right, can't stopped single summer in Europe?
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 5: Well, look Europe.
Speaker 4: Normally we have newsreader Abby join us, but she's on her sick bed at the moment.
Speaker 5: So we have producer m M mother of one.
Speaker 4: Yes, little Maxie engaged to be married Yeah eventually.
Speaker 8: Anyway, that's another issue that's a separate So.
Speaker 4: This is the Birthing Sweet edition of Chick Chash.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I've been pushing this for months. Thank you ladies, that giant. It's finally getting scratched.
Speaker 4: How many things I would like to tell you about what actually goes on in the Birthing Sweet three times?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I know, I've really seen it all well finnally enough as the only person in the room without a child.
Speaker 5: I've brought this one this week.
Speaker 7: One of my girlfriends who I've just recently been away with, is a midwife.
Speaker 5: I love having.
Speaker 7: Friends that work in all sorts of different little niche healthcare sectors because you hear some crazy stories. And she was talking to us about the different women she follows with their journeys and who they have with them in their birthing suite and the range of some people were for like my husband will be there and the others absolutely not, don't let him in sort of things. So we all got talking about when our time comes, because none of the girls that were there have had kids yet, who we would have?
Speaker 5: I was really fascinated.
Speaker 7: Everyone had really different answers.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 7: I personally would if I could only have one person, Yeah, I would kick the man out and mum would be in, you know, like that's the priority for me.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Who did you guys have.
Speaker 8: I had Michael in there. My mum did ask me if she could come in, and I flat out said no, sorry, Mum. Yeah, we are very similar and we butt heads. And I'm like, at that point of when you know all of that is going on, I don't need someone else in there, you know, like me. But near the end, I kin'd of encount like I only had Michael as my person. But then you've got the ob and then you've got midwives, and then part way through you know it all happening. They're like, oh, if a student midwife comes in, she's about to finish, but she.
Speaker 5: Wants to see a birth. And I was like, I don't care. So I think there are about five people in the end, but only Michael. Yeah, okay, well only for three for one of them.
Speaker 4: I had my then husband at the time and my mother and my mum and I are really close, but at that point I'm with you. I was like, don't everyone go away, don't touch me. I think you only really want your partner. Skip forward a marriage and the three other children were all caesareans. But something is so strange happened to me. Death and dying happening the drugs message.
Speaker 2: Gave birth out the mouth again. That was crazy to reveal that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, The drugs do something to my head whereby I think I'm dying. So as I'm going under and the anesthetics hitting me, I say, I start saying my life every time I start saying my last goodbye.
Speaker 7: Is so traumatic for everyone in the room.
Speaker 2: Jay, fascinating and morbid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's I'm like, I love you so much and I feel like it's the end. It's weird anyway, but it's not the end. It's the birth of new life. So let's all be happy.
Speaker 7: But did you just have second greg for children's.
Speaker 4: Well, I certainly didn't have first three yets because that would be strange, wouldn't it.
Speaker 5: So I can my ex husband and my new husband.
Speaker 7: What's Colleen aloud?
Speaker 4: What do you think people got confused about the Greg I was asking.
Speaker 2: For Nick minute Greg Norman the Shark. I've seen three births now and oh my gosh, now I feel like I've seen some stuff and I may I locked eye contact with Carl the whole time. Yeah, not because I was grossed out. Because I was scared that if I saw some things. I didn't want to be that guy that takes intentional I don't want to be that guy that passes out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I was a.
Speaker 2: Little bit scared of saying blood and passing out. But I know, and I can safely speak. We have another conversation. I know if it came down to one person being in the room, I don't know that car could choose the moment because Karl's mum's are absolute rong okay in that situation, and I don't know what I'm doing it. One day, Carla was squeezing my hand so tightly it was definitely gonna break. But I didn't want to be like, hey stop it, I'm in pain. She was giving birth.
Speaker 4: Oh let's do this this morning, thirteen twenty four d And who'd you have in your birth?
Speaker 5: And sweet who allowed? Who was by your side?
Speaker 4: Who was there who witnessed the birth of new life?
Speaker 2: And how special were your significant other that's in this process? I mean they really knew what they were doing, weren't they? I'm joking obviously. Yeah, we don't even know where to look, let alone what to do.
Speaker 4: See, I find you highly irritating when I'm not having a bay. I can only imagine me in the throes of labor having Andrew Hayes right next to me.
Speaker 2: Only super helpful.
Speaker 5: Wuldn't it so far?
Speaker 4: In my birthing Sweet, I've got an next husband, a new husband, and a co host.
Speaker 2: Must be a big, sweet nice only standing room.
Speaker 9: Now, I really let's chat.
Speaker 5: It is so time for it.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 2: Checked out the Birthing Sweet edition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who'd you have him? There is the question? Would you have the same person again? Is the other question? How do they perform under pressure?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Goodness me, let's take your calls this morning.
Speaker 5: Who do you have in the birthing Sweet?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 5: Jackie?
Speaker 9: Hey, how you going good?
Speaker 5: Who'd you have?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 11: I only had my husband, my fourteen month old son, and my mom. I had no doctors for nothing. He birthed him at home. Well, I birthed him at home.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so obviously before he could get to the hospital.
Speaker 11: Well, I had no time to get to the hospit. Yeah, my husband go and give him the car, give him the cargo. I'm not getting in the car. I'm not having this baby on the freeways.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 11: I put myself up on the bed and three pushes later, I tolled him out.
Speaker 2: He was there, so he did the natural instincts just kick in? Or did your husband actually a little bit know what to do.
Speaker 11: My husband couldn't even watch er, so yeah, he grouched out by everything. He has the nickname doc now. So yeah, no, I couldn't do anything, couldn't do. He did, he performed, he did well. But yeah, all I kept I was saying, was wash your hands.
Speaker 5: Wash your hand, Jackie.
Speaker 4: You said, like everyone's seen that video. I reckon it's Courtney Kardashian who sits up and pulls out her own baby.
Speaker 5: Was that your situation?
Speaker 11: Well, that's exactly what I did, because he thought he was stuck, and I'm going, he's not stuck. I need to push. So I grabbed him by under my under his arms, and with one push, she was out. So it was all over and done. With within fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: That is incredible.
Speaker 4: Well done, Jackie, Jackie, she's married to McDreamy. Let's go to Jess, who was in the birthing Sweet Jess.
Speaker 9: Hi, So I had three birth Yeah. My first was to my ex husband. I had him, my mum and my mother in law in the room. The second birth, I had my ex husband and my mother.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then my last, my current partner unfortunately got food poisoning, so he was by a FaceTime.
Speaker 2: And my mum was in the room.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So he came in to visit me the night before and he had Hungry Jack's for dinner, and yeah, got food poisoning, so he was in bed y face time.
Speaker 2: That's the new age, isn't. Everything's done online.
Speaker 4: How old is your third baby now, Jess, he's almost three. I love that he grabs an iPad and he's like, ah, so I came out.
Speaker 2: Can you just rotate that on the landscape mode? Please?
Speaker 5: Oh that's incredible, Thank you, Jess.
Speaker 9: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Hey, Courtney.
Speaker 1: So, my first child, I was quite young, was only twenty years old, and I'm a very close family, like immediate family. So I had my sister, my mom my dad, my partner, and then my partner decided he was going to invite his best friend in at the last minute. Then I had his best friend in as well.
Speaker 2: Stop it as a best friend who wants to be in that situation.
Speaker 1: He brought a Porto's. He's like, I brought food, and I'm like, I'm you know, about to But I don't say. I didn't care who was really in the room. I just wanted the child out.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I had every wrong.
Speaker 4: So your husband's best mates, do you have trouble looking at him in the eye?
Speaker 5: Now we're all cool, No, we're all cool.
Speaker 1: Like he was pretty respectful. He was like he walked in and he didn't realize it was like crunch time. But he yeah, he was like, I'm gonna sit at the table, and he just went and you know, sat down at the table. But yeah, we just laugh about it.
Speaker 4: Now, could we just get this straight. Your husband's best friend was sitting at the hospital table eating a Porto's as you're giving birth.
Speaker 1: Correct ask if I wanted the new chip?
Speaker 2: What about Courtney? When you're pushing out the baby and you're in all sorts of pain and he's like ah ah, and then the doctor's like, is everything okay there? Mate, He's like, oh, sorry, be too much spicy sauce in my bond.
Speaker 1: He wasn't the problem. He was quite supportive. It was my partner that was not doing so well.
Speaker 4: Wait cost thousands, Courtney.
Speaker 5: You're a very tolerant woman. Well done.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, thank you, thank you for all those calls. Oh god, can you imagine if Courtney won it and her husband would be like, oh can I just can my best mate just come and sit in my lap?
Speaker 5: Sit on your lab?
Speaker 2: It's all good. Day's bringing a porter. I spent two weeks off absolutely not working at all.
Speaker 4: That is huge for you, because for anyone who doesn't know, Andrew Hayes normally works approximately seven days a week from day around to Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yes, I haven't had more than I think last year had about four or five days off in between Christmas and New Year's but before then, from the last seven or eight years, not more than that. So two weeks off straight was genuinely life change.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's amazing, isn't it. It's not too like I think most people work and work and work. It's not till you stop that you realize how busy you were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm trying to work out whether it was a positive thing or not.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, because.
Speaker 2: I also read a study which absolutely I could be a part of. There was a survey with fifteen hundred parents, and it revealed that thirty one percent find being a stay at home parent more challenging than a full time job.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel you, brothers and sisters, Yeah, big time. I'd love to be part of the statistic because so a day where I work here and also at seven yep Alm goes off at four fifteen in the morning and I get home about quarter past seven in the evening.
Speaker 5: The long days, a really long day.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now, mums dads, you absolutely deserve all the prey in the world, because that is so much easier than taking care of a couple of my kids for I don't know, six or seven.
Speaker 5: Hours far out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interestingly, forty five percent of women felt they couldn't care for an infant without their mum's advice and help. Spot on, that makes all the difference in the world. Grandma's and the worries that parents were going through range from child development twenty seven percent, to eating habits, oh my gosh twenty two percent, and sleep patterns. Okay, some of the conversations that I've had with my children over the last couple of weeks, and I sort of take it too personally, and my wife was like, just relax, right, they're five, or they're three, or he can't talk, all right, stop firing up at him little things like that. Is So, my daughter, who was three, had a conversation with me the other day because Carra started running again. So she had an early run quarter past seven in the morning. She has, Dad, I need a LOLLI sure, the first fall blotty, you need a lot of you what she has na and I need it. And she's got the sas thing going on as well. She had, no, I need it.
Speaker 4: I go.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving you with lollly right, You've got to have your breakfast first twitch. Her response was, well, Mum gives me a lolly this time every single day. Yeah, okay, so you're telling me at quarter past seven every single day, mum fiji lollies. Yet well she does, which she doesn't obviously twitch obviously. Guess what happened? Guess what the end result was you I gave a lot, gave it too soon, as I say, yeah, you can have a loose yo, why not too? Oh my gosh, what is happening? And then for a good solid day, I've got Henry, which you definitely got off Bluey calling me Champ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Henry, you.
Speaker 2: Want some toast? No thanks Champ?
Speaker 4: Oh do you know when you said Bluey? Then I thought you met my ex husband. I was like, why am I teaching your kid to call your cheap?
Speaker 2: It would be much more appropriate if Greg Blue called me Champ than my five year old. But I'm trying to make your mates. No, thanks, Champ. All good. So this is a salute to all the parents out there. Yeah, oh my gosh, you're doing good job because it's hard out there. And if there's any idiot blokes like how I used to be, yeah, who thought it was a fun ticket to be at home with the kids torture?
Speaker 5: Oh I know.
Speaker 4: And honestly, we got back from overseas from our holiday, and I think we got back on the Friday morning. We had an overnight flight and around ten o'clock on Friday after we arrived home from a three week holiday my husband goes.
Speaker 5: Well going into the office. I couldn't get in there quick enough, Zuiah.
Speaker 2: Work loves us men because we go in early to get away from the cast. Joe, let's talk about your most recent wedding. Oh, just weddings in general. I mean fun day. I love weeks. Yeah, it's all of your mates. Everyone's looking really nice. It's good food, it's good wine, and you've probably got a pretty cool band going on as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you not get a little nervous going into a wedding because your track records, just including your own, that you.
Speaker 5: Get a little bit carried away?
Speaker 2: Yes? In short, Yes, it was a particular moment at my wedding where yeah I was, I could have gone in very different directions. So one moment we were like one more drinking, alad, he's gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it took about four or five real solid mouthfuls of water, and by mouthfuls, I mean pints of water, yes, to get me back on the straight and narrow. And it was starting twenty minutes later. I'm kissing baby, I've been chatting to grandparents, sol brother, just a.
Speaker 4: Solid talking to you by one of your grooms MATEO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, poor, Yeah, it wasn't my grooms, but actually it was my brother in law. Would you believe it's the loosest person I know. I'm a lot who would have thought that he's straightened mouth. I'd see what I did. I'd see what though, Joes. I looked sharp and I looked timeless. Yes, And when I say timeless, I had a shaved face yep. And I had a crisp blue suit on with your stock standard blue bow tie.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to admit I saw a wedding photo for you on from you on Instagram on the.
Speaker 5: Weekend because it was your seven year anniversary. Stunning and brave, wasn't it stunning and brave? Also? Seven year rich?
Speaker 2: All lookout, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Thing. Yes, it takes one to note, probably more for Kara at this pointment.
Speaker 2: Anyway, watched this space. Thank you very much for the heads up jotes. I'm what this this little photo that's doing the rounds via Reddit. A groom stuns the internet by wearing crocs at his wedding. Oh no, yes, yes, it's very much divided opinion. And when I say it's divided, I would have thought that the opinion is maybe ninety five to five percent, because who on earth is endorsing the use of crocs as a footwear for your groom at a wedding. That's disgustlutely not black crocs, I will say that. So it actually it went. It looked quite nice for the character. It's not like it's wearing white crocs with the heapy gibbets and all those.
Speaker 4: Accessories, the little hamburglar from McDonald's.
Speaker 2: They were exactly. They were there to suit the suit, so to speak. It's still crocs, And yes, I get it, he was incredibly comfortable. But a fashion choice that you make at wedding, you've got to think about what you might look back at. Yes, So for example, will I regret this in twenty years time? Will I regret this in five years time? Don't get caught up in the moment with fashion trends at wedding.
Speaker 4: Absolutely one hundred percent agree. One thing I don't really subscribe to it at the moment that seems to be a big thing is the cutouts in women's dresses. Oh yeah, maybe that's just my stage of life.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Yeah, but I just don't subscribe to it.
Speaker 2: And you're completely fair enough to not subscribe to that, you know, the one it's doing the trends at the moment, which are going to regret. Mullets, Yeah, mullets at weddings. Yeah, I've been there. People. Malets are in, then they're out, now they're back in. They're going to go out eventually. No, and at that stage you're going to be like, what was I doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, producer, m what you got?
Speaker 8: So in the early twenty tens, I want to say, there was a big trend of women wearing the brides wearing colored converse underneath their white wedding dress and then pulling up the dress so that you can just see the peak of it for photos.
Speaker 2: Oh great, sexless wedding night stuff. Producers.
Speaker 7: I'm not keen at all on any sort of head accessory that's not avail. Leave your tiaras in Princess Diaries, you know, I'm fair enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, it's almost that's almost competing with the bride.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, just even the bride's not allowed to get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Not fair enough, mate, Heads up, Pocahona stone Zodia wedding will be bagging your head in the background. The worst wedding trend that I've ever seen, and I completely understand why it was a thing, because there was a moment where Heavianna's just took over the planet. They were everybody's like on wearing thongs to absolutely everything. Oh look I'm on the work side, I'm wearing thongs. Oh there thongs at weddings. If you wore your thongs at your wedding and you thought it was really cool at the time, I have no doubt in the world that you're looking back now being.
Speaker 5: Like, what wow, wow, we shots fired.
Speaker 4: You might want to have a chat to Gregotti.
Speaker 2: Every Yeah, she's like watch half the seven year rich. Also, I married him by yours