Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: Hey, Matt, do you want to know something funny that I was just thinking before? You're wearing a hat today forward facing. Every time someone wears a hat forward facing, like AJ does it too, it reminds me of primary school.
Speaker 2: Why what you reckon should be wearing hats backwards?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Just reminds me to do what.
Speaker 2: That looks like? And I reckon, I'd like.
Speaker 1: A backwards hat. That forwards hat reminds me.
Speaker 3: Of broadcast channel forward and backwards, and they can tell me which one looks better.
Speaker 1: Can you do it right now? Please?
Speaker 2: In the broadcast channel.
Speaker 1: Just do two selfies and then a pole. I reckon, backwards looks good. Front is giving fucking primary school mat You know what I mean? Is giving maccas, It's giving Macca's uniform. Okay, we'll see what they say.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've put it in the broad question what they're already backwards.
Speaker 1: Whenever I want to film AJ in the warehouse and he's got his hat on forwards, and like, put your hat backwards because I don't know, I just think everyone looks better with the backwards hat.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is changing my life.
Speaker 1: You look like you're going to school lunch and you've got no hat. No flight.
Speaker 2: Can tell me this an hour into our recording session. Just just just to let you know you look really shit today. So no.
Speaker 1: Pol book they go ninety four voter backwards, twenty two voted front.
Speaker 2: This is changing my life. But I just think a backwards hat is like embarrassing.
Speaker 1: So I think a backwards hat is embarrassing. No, I think a backwards hat is embarrassing when it's a flat cap. Well, actually, I just find a flat cap embarrassing in general. Backwards, yes, backwards hat looks better because you can see your face more. And I like that you can see a bit of your hair.
Speaker 2: I feel like i'm metal militia vibes. Yeah, I like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually, and when it's front, you can't see any of your hair.
Speaker 2: Good, that's the point the board patch bitch. Oh well, there you go. Matt. Okay, look.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm still recovering from the weekend. If I'm honest, it was a big weekend. I said in the main episode my clubbing Era, it's coming to an end.
Speaker 1: I'm glad because fucking mine ended about six years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine ended about however many years ago, and then I had a bit of a resurgence and it's been really fun. It's made me feel really young again. I've got blueberry stuck in my teeth.
Speaker 2: Hung on. But ARC Sydney, which.
Speaker 3: Is an iconic venue on Oxford Street or actually just off Oxford Street. But I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with ARC. You if you've ever been to Oxford Street, have probably had a night at ARC. And unfortunately that's never gonna happen again because ARC has closed. I don't really know the story behind it. I think the building, I think the lease is up, so the building hasn't been sold, because there's been talks about that for years.
Speaker 2: But ARC, the nightclub has shut down.
Speaker 3: It's a It's really really sad because it's the first gay club that I ever went to. It was the first club I ever performed in drag at It was not the first club I had a drag booking at.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Holds a lot of It's the place, it's the first Oh my god, I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 2: It's the place where I first met Sky.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Like, you know, am I gonna feel that way when King Street shuts down in Nui and I'm mid agent.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether you will, but I think it holds a bit of different significance for you.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, because the difference with like queer clubs is it's very much about community. Yeah, so you go to King Street, you don't really give a shit about anyone else in the rooms.
Speaker 2: Right way.
Speaker 1: I love that you found that photo of you in the photo in the karaoke room. I know that was the night that we went out and lost my vlog camera and you've got a photo of you by yourself.
Speaker 3: I know we were putting photos in the broadcast channel the other day from way back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there was.
Speaker 3: One of me doing karaoke at King Street that was done, that was taken by the professional photographer on the night and uploaded to their Facebook page.
Speaker 2: That wasn't just a photo we had taken.
Speaker 1: You know, what I'm still I still like some bars on Facebook, like you know back in the day when they would upload the album, Like clubs still do that. So I still like some of those pages that I used to go to ages ago, Like one of them is Finigans in Newcastle. I don't know, it's it's like a pub on the corner that turns into a club. Did you ever go there?
Speaker 2: Only once?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I used to go there all the time when I was younger, And so every now and then when I'm scrolling on like Facebook, it'd be like Finnigan's added three hundred new photos, and sometimes I just like open it and start swiping through and all I can notice is like how fucked up everyone is? The nightclub photographers don't do anyone any favors, Like the photos are horrendous, like that everyone looks munted and I don't know if it's just like because it's a big flash in a dark night club, but everyone looks coolt like no one looks.
Speaker 2: Good and I'm scrowling.
Speaker 1: True, it's scary.
Speaker 2: Cute I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Although I was thinking though, I was losing my train of thought because I was trying to think of the club that I used to go to in Newcastle and I think it's called the Junction.
Speaker 1: Is it called the Sydney Sidney Junction?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I Sj's And then there was another one and it was like a house. What it was like a house?
Speaker 1: Oh funny? Yeah, yeah, it's called Argyle now but I don't know if it's still open. It would shut down, who fucking knows. I don't go clubbing these days.
Speaker 2: I only ever went to Honeysuckle once and that was with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like a bar pub.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it wasn't really a club, was it. But where'd we go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: We went to King Street after that? Yeah, many a night at King Street. Too many nights at King Street actually, to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, you know what.
Speaker 1: They have done it up and it's kind of way better now, but it's still full of like eighteen year olds.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, we'll have to go and have a night out, but no, I just told everyone my clubbing era is over.
Speaker 2: It's too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you've been clubbing at thirty years old.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Cyrusa can't do it anymore. Everything hurts. It's so much fun in the moment, but then I said to my friend, actually, just last weekend, I was like, I don't like that, you know, get drunk and going out like this is like stealing happiness from tomorrow. And he was like, wow, that's really deep, and I was like, but it is, like I'm having so much fun.
Speaker 1: With funny the moment the next day is just to write off.
Speaker 3: And then the next day I'm like, well, yeah, I think I just at a phase now where because my last clubbing era kind of ended because the pandemic happened so we were forced to.
Speaker 2: But I feel like now I actually want to get up at like six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Okay, I actually want to get up at like ten thirty on a Sunday, ten, just like I could.
Speaker 1: If I tried. I just like I couldn't sleep until then if I try.
Speaker 3: Some days were sleeping day, Like, why are you not sleeping in on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Because I physically can't. I think if you tried, no, Like I can't sleep in on the weekend. Every weekend, I go, I'm going to try and sleep in. Boo, eyes open. That's crazy because your body is like in a routine.
Speaker 3: I see, I could be in a routine all week and if I want to sleep in on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: But I feel like your routine has to be longer than a week for it to actually be a routine. My dog's at my door.
Speaker 2: Well, but you've set that system up, yeah, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it would be confusing for him if that was the rules five days a week and then all of a sudden it changed. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon. I reckon you could teach the dog the dog.
Speaker 3: We've got weekends off walks, Darlin weekends off walks, or getting their little walking pad.
Speaker 1: I've been so tempted to get one of those. Every time I see someone on TikTok and like, come do my steps on my walking pad? Then I'm like, is that one of those things that you would get news once and again.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to the gym anymore. I will go back, but I haven't been since before Kylie.
Speaker 1: And you know how people like have a walking padn and they like read a book or whatever.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can do two things at once like that.
Speaker 2: Oh I can. I've been putting my kindle up on the trademill at the gym.
Speaker 1: And you can concentrate on like your body moving, but then reading.
Speaker 2: Lines walking Babe.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could do that. I don't know if I've got the hand eye coordination. Yeah no, And I'd be focusing too much on my steps. I wouldn't be reading the words. That's just me.
Speaker 3: Well, the Kindle acts as like it goes in front of the screen where it says everything okay, So.
Speaker 2: I'm not watching that or anything. I'm literally just walking back.
Speaker 1: I could watch a show, for sure, but I feel like reading is a whole other level.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the clubbing era is over. Era err era, era, clubbing era.
Speaker 3: Is over, and I'm saying, rest in fucking peace. I'm actually really excited about it. I'm like, you know what, I think. I think I might try yoga numbers stay, bitch numbers stay. I consider going sober, actually yeah, And then.
Speaker 1: I get tempted by that every now and then.
Speaker 3: But then I thought, we're about to go to America, and why the fuck would I try this and then go to Vegas and Coachella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I could make it through Coachella sober.
Speaker 1: But I think the whole point of going sober is to enjoy those moments without alcohol. Should I go sober then no?
Speaker 2: Well maybe after America, but yeah, then what about when we go to buy and.
Speaker 1: Stuff go sober. That's the whole point of going sober is you can enjoy life and go through life's biggest moments without it. I'm going to take the conversation back to you know, the recovering party Girl that we spoke about ages ago on TikTok. I still follow her, love her videos.
Speaker 2: It still comes up all the time.
Speaker 1: Amazing to by the way, look her up if you haven't already. Recovering party Girl. She was my Royal Flush like a year ago. Anyway, she did a TikTok just recently and was talking about weddings and I don't know if it was her that said it. I don't know, I think it was, but she said, like unpopular opinion, but weddings have just become like a massive piss up, an excuse for everyone to get drunk. And she said, if you want to find out who your true friends are, have a wedding and make it a dry wedding so there's no alcohol being served, and watch all your friends drop off. And then that just goes to show they're not really your true friends who want to like celebrate you. And if people like complain there's no alcohol, it's like, why are you really coming to my wedding?
Speaker 2: Wait? I kind of want to do that. I think that would be really fun. Yeah, to do a dry.
Speaker 1: And if that's what you and your partner want to do, and you want to have no alcohol at your wedding and just enjoy every moment, because you hear so many stories of people that get way too fucked up at their own wedding and then they black out or like don't remember the night. Huh. So if like you as the couple want to have a dry wedding, do it and enjoy it for yourselves. And if any of your friends complain or like all of a sudden say they can't come or anything, then that just shows like why they really come into your wedding.
Speaker 2: That's like a huge expense too that yeah you can cut out.
Speaker 1: Yep, you could save ten, fifteen, twenty grand on drinks.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, wait, I like totally might have a dry wedding.
Speaker 1: And by the way, does anyone have any stories about that, because if you do, please send us an email. Email's always in the show notes. If you have any stories about weddings and drinking to any extent, I would love to know the tea.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, just checking the broadcast channel. Since we started recording, we've got three hundred votes for backwards and fifty eight votes for front ways. And now I'm feeling really self.
Speaker 1: Conscious every time I do have his hat forward, as say, put your hat backwards because it reminds me of school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but see, like hat backwards for me makes me feel like I'm trying to be a bad boy, and I'm like trying to.
Speaker 1: Like hat Okay, hat forwards for gym, like if you're going to work out or exercising out in the sun, but if you're just wearing it as a fashion accessory backwards.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can get around this now, Sleigh deeper, sleigh, I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Next week, maybe I'll come with their hat on backwards and I'll actually style it properly and I might get might buy a cool hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my cool hat make a look yeah.
Speaker 3: Backwards hat just trying two hard vibes, you know what I mean? Was the only reason I'm wearing a hat is because they didn't do my hair this morning. Yeah fair anyway, but stays in close friends.
Speaker 1: What happened, and sit close France.
Speaker 3: Yeah that and all the rest of it. See you next Tuesday, Okay,