Speaker 1: I'll get a team. It's Harps and tiff Sadiano for you. Project Hi tiv Hi Harps. Happy Friday, Happy Friday to you. How's your energy? You're a grumpy little fucker. Yesterday your energy was a two out of tech.
Speaker 2: Are like, you're dragging my grumpiness from a couple of days to the all week. It's gone now, but I was very tired this morning. I felt one hundred years old when I woke up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get that. Were you forty one? Your next birthday is forty two, So I mean that's going to happen. I don't want to say that it's a slide, but it's a slide. I'm scared to blink.
Speaker 3: I'm scared to blink.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true. That's not I'm way older than you, and I feel I feel like not every day and all the time, but for the most part, I feel like I have better energy, and I feel like I'm more curious and more excited than when I was forty. So if that's good news for anybody, I'm not sure. But I tell you a bloke who's probably excited because he's fucking bursting with energy, although also bursting with snot at the moment. It's got the flu or a cold. Hi, Adriana, how are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Are going mat How do you live on the Sunshine Coast and have the flu? Oh?
Speaker 3: It's traveling to Sydney and Melbourne and places like that, you know, for work and then coming home bringing all the all the viruses with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How long have you been up there?
Speaker 3: I've been since twenty nineteen. I moved up to year started twenty nineteen. So what's up about five years? Have been over five years?
Speaker 1: And do you have your businesses based up there or you're just there because it's a nice place to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I just moved up here. I don't have a business. I did have a business for a couple of years just after COVID I tried a business up here, but I got out of that last year. But now I just freelance, so I just kind of my works mainly back in Sydney, in Melbourne or overseas so or working from home.
Speaker 1: I was reading about I was reading a little bit about you, the Sweet Assassin, the Particia of Paying, the Dark Lord of the Pastry Kitchen, Lord, Lord Volna answer to Willie Wonka. What's your favorite nickname?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I say the one that's clicked the motion of sweetest happened. But it's kind of like the most common one now. But but I guess I want to get the most of the parties and stuff, or if I go to Lord Boulder cake because people just find out the funniest I think. I think everyone connects to that Harry Potter moment and and yeah, it just takes a piece out of me all the time.
Speaker 1: When you when you're a little kid, your mum and dad are Italian, right, Yeah, did you when you were a little little kid, like eight, nine, ten eleven, did you have aspirations of becoming a chef of any sort and being involved in food or is it how did it? Is it innate? Or was did an opportunity present itself? How did it happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Just opportunity. Like No, I definitely didn't have any vision of being a chef. I was the fussiest eto when I was a kid, Like I said so much stuff back to Mum. I wouldn't need it, the smell of it, all the different things, I wouldn't eat it. I was very particular. I only ate like certain cereals. Only et veggiemike for breakfast. You know, for most of my meals, I do only have ham, sandwiches, hot chips with chicken salt, or dinner pretty much just have potatoes with the steak had to be cut to three milimeters stick otherwise I wouldn't eat it. Things like that. I was real fussy when I was young at eating, so I definitely had no aspirations to be in any kind of chef. Sort of came along when I was around fourteen and I I had to work every day after school. My parents owned supermarkets, and I'd work through pretty much every section, and they'd opened a new suit market that my sister was running and it had to install bakery. And then I started going there to work because I was something different, and I started enjoying it. You know. It was that or stacking shelves my two favorite jobs as being young and I played a lot of footy and stuff. Stacking shelves was great fitness. So it was those two jobs that really gave me enjoyment. And then, you know, it came to the point when I was fifteen, I wanted to leave school. I wasn't enjoying I wasn't enjoying school. I wasn't academic. I was more like I was more hands on sort of a learner, And yeah, I just put two or two together. I ended up going to Sydney for a school formal for a friend who was at boarding school. I partnered one of her friends and I found a job while I was there. So then that was kind of the start of it all, you know. I went back home and had to explain to my parents.
Speaker 4: That I didn't want to take over there their supermarket that they wanted me to take over, and I wanted to go to Sydney and I started inship at fifteen, So that's how it all kicked off.
Speaker 1: How soon into that apprenticeship did you think I'm good at Well, clearly you're really fucking good at it, right, But how soon did you realize I've got talent for this, I'm good at this because I feel like a lot of people start things and they just kind of endure them rather than enjoy them. You know, it's like, ah, this is a means to an end, this is a way that I can make Gough, did you have an epiphany moment where you went, I actually like this and I'm really fucking good at it, or did you just kind of survive your apprenticeship.
Speaker 3: Well, six months I knew that was I made a right choice. I had that feeling that it was like, I'm really enjoying this. I love this. It's a good challenge. I'm pushing myself. And then probably i'd say probably a couple of years into it, I'd say that, yeah, I'm good at this and I'm pushing hard. You know, I was always competing against other apprentices and you know, trying to beat them, and you had that competitive spirit. So it was good energy and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: In the world that I come from originally, which is just working in gyms, you couldn't find two more kind of divergent areas. Like you're making cakes and I'm trying to get people in shape, which we should have set up a business next to each other. You could sell them pastries and then I'd fucking get them in the gym.
Speaker 5: But it's like there were some people that even seems silly, but even working in a gym where you're working with bodies and humans and anatomy and physiology and trying to understand how bodies adapt to different stresses and some.
Speaker 1: People it's really natural. Like to me it was I don't know, like I'm bad at most things, but I was naturally good at that. I naturally understood the body, and I naturally understood how bodies would adapt to different kinds of stress to build fitness, strength or whatever it was. I feel like with I mean, for me, it's like what you do is it's a bit of science, it's a bit of cree activity. Obviously, it's about you've got to make stuff that tastes good. But I feel like that there would be some people who would do it that no matter how hard they work, they might never be great at it. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So true. Yeah, I've had I've had so many people come through the kitchens over the years, you know, when I had the business in Sydney and Melbourne, and you know, this is just some people that just they have so much ambition and want to be something and they just don't have it. You know, there's just something missing. They really don't click with it. They don't have the skill, the understanding, they don't really know food that well. You know, they obviously see things and want to be that, and but you know, you try hard and give them the chance, and you push and push them, but you know they just they just don't have it, you know. And you see those people that have it, you know, they just click. You have a in a piece one understanding with the food that you're cooking, the taste, the texture, the way things work, the way things react. And you know, a massive difference in those those two types of people.
Speaker 1: I feel like with people that make cakes and pastries and people in your wheelhouse. I could be wrong. This is just I know nothing about this stuff, but for me, it feels like it's a huge amount of it is appearance and presentation and creativity. It's almost like art. Like if you make something that tastes fucking amazing but looks terrible, it's hard to sell, right.
Speaker 3: It is, Yeah, totally, but it is. It's a fine edge, right because a lot of things these days now, with social media and that, they're very focused on appearance, right, and you know, may lack taste and texture, right. I mean, there are some things I have both, which is amazing. It's an amazing a lot of amazing chefs out there that are really captured both really well these days. But there's obviously some people that just focused on appearance because they want to look great for their photo or whatnot, and then when you go and taste or whatever, it lacks the taste, the texture, the balance and all that kind of stuff. So for me, it's always been about you know, you're going to leave with the taste in your mouth. You know you'll see it and you're going to go yeah, But once you taste it, at the last moment you're going to leave with and the last thing you're going to remember it's the flavor. So for me, that's always got to be number one. It can't look like it can't look like dog shit or a heap of crapp you know what I mean, it's going to look it's going to look at least okay. So you know, yes, appearance is very important, but if you can keep it at least okay and have it tasting amazing, then you're still going to get great, great rewards and people with great memories. But if you can hit both on the head, I mean, you know, you've got a million dollar winter that yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there is there a particular dishal, pastry or cake that that typically doesn't look great but tastes amazing, like something that you've made where you've gone you know, this is this is hard to make a beautiful picture for the gram, but it tastes like heaven.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes I fund if I'm just playing around with flavors and textures, a lot of my stuff don't look great, you know, just like piling on top of each other in a plate and eating it. Right, A lot of it's covered in crumble and little dots of jelly and damn, and you just put it all on top of each other because in hindsight, that's the best way to eat it, you know, when it's all in one one spoon and you can get it all in one here. That's the ultimate dessert eating experience. Yeah, you know when it's all like oh, here's this, and then this is spooned over here, and that's put here, and it looks beautiful on the plate when it comes to your table, but then you've got to like grab this and then grab that, and then grab this, you know, and move yourself around and navigate the plate. Then it experiences a little bit lackluster already. So I mean, for me, those kind of deconstructed I'd say deconstructedy kind of piles on a plate would be the say the olys, but a lot of time could be the most tasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What My main job in inverted Commas is speaking, corporate speaking and working with teams and groups. And I'm always thinking about how I can share an idea or a lesson or a question or some kind of insight with you know, the group the world, whether or not it's on a podcast or on a social media post or a bunch of humans in a room. But I feel like, to an extent, I'm always really reinventing the wheel, like I'm sharing, you know, how do we make great decisions? How do we be resilient? How do we self regulate? How do we be the carm and the chaos? These are not new concepts, but I'm kind of trying to deliver them in in ways that resonate and are unique and maybe a bit entertaining and amusing. But I feel like with what you do that you can actually create new things that nobody's created or a variation like I mean, this is not the right word, but you know what I mean. Do you ever invent things where people are like fuck, I've never seen this, Like rather than going I'm going to do another chocolate to Claire, but this is better. I'm going to do another. Like do you ever bring something new into the world, Like, what was that thing that came out ten years ago?
Speaker 3: Was it the Cronatron? Yeah? Yeah, yes, I mean yeah, I wouldn't Yeah, I'd probably say you probably have over time more reinvent something. I wouldn't say like completely. Everything kind of has a base in a sense. I'm it goes back to classics. I mean, even with the cronut, it's a combination of a doughnut. In the croissant, it's it's a mixture. So it's a reinvention of those two things that he played around with and got a great result in in his creation. So and we're always tinkering with those things to create a different experience and a different a different journey. So for people to eat. For myself, I'm probably more on the texture side. I've probably reinvented textures, you know, to create less sugar, less fat in some textures, to create a cleaner taste. For me, fat and sugar mask flavor. But we need them. We need them because they give something to the flavor, but too much of it damages the flavor. So most commonly in most pastry you see in Australia and around the world, United States and all those kind of places, it's heavily masked and sugar. So everyone's eating sweetness. It's just sweet sweet, and it'll have a little fragrance of something because it's it's there and it's sort of the flavor roof. But if you pull that back, you can really punch out the flavor. Right if you want a strawberry. You know, if I made you a strawberry cupcake and we went and bought a strawberry cupcake from one's shop, you'll taste the difference because I'll pull back all of the fat from the sugar and just have only the amount that I really need to make it stable. I mean, I'm only using the fat to make the icing stable and create a little bit of mouthfeel, and the sugar is just there to give the pop, you know, enough sweetness, enough sweetness to make that flavor pop, because that strawberry without any sugar, it's just doesn't really it just takes like eating a piece of fruit, which doesn't make why it was gone by a piece of fruit, So you've got to give it something that at least gives you a little bit of a different experience, but you don't want it to be like eating sugar out of a bag when you put in your mouth, Like a lot of things aren't. So it's like delving into those things. For me, was the most interesting in reinventing textures in my inside of my cakes when I make them to make my cakes taste better.
Speaker 1: So did you ever like my background or part of my background is in science, right, and so what you're doing is very scientific, Like it's literally research. It's literally R and D, research and development. Like it's a very scientific process that you're doing. You does that dawn on you?
Speaker 3: Now? You just do it when you're in the moment. You know, you know what you want to do, and you just sort of work you work it out. But you learn along the way, you know what I mean? Like I said, I dropped down in uten I'm not really okay. I failed science, I failed English and all those things at school. So it wasn't because I wasn't smart enough. It was the way they teach you. It wasn't for me. It wasn't for me, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely try and teach you with textbooks and I can't focus on textbooks. I need to focus on hands on and then yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you're an experiential You're an experiential learner, like a lot of people are that. And it's like, the funny thing is, we're digressing from pastries by the moment, but there are a lot of brilliant, talented, highly intelligent people who aren't suited for traditional school you know. And I mean it's clearly you're intelligent and creative, and you've clearly been successful despite the fact that and again this is not hanging shit on schools, but the truth is when when there's thirty students in one class and there's one teaching model in that class, and there's one style of learning and one style of communication coming from the same teacher, which is not their fault, that's just the system. And there's always going to be people like you who that doesn't that doesn't work for you because you don't learn that way. And then you could get me, who maybe would do slightly better in some settings, and then put me in the kitchen next to you, and I'm a fucking idiot and I don't understand what you're talking about. Like I think intelligence is context dependent, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. Yeah, I totally believe that, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Depends on what what we're doing. And so if you had to, like if we went to do what you do and correct me if there's another thing I should add in, Like there's fork, Like I feel like you're part artist, part chef, part performer, almost like I've watched something ships, and then part businessman. So if we go artist or creative, chef, performer, businessman, where how would you rate yourself? What? What's one? And then what's the least?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Artist, chef, artist, chef, performer.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a chef and then artists, performer and businessman? Yeah right, yeah, I do. You're wrong. I like the business is it. I've done a lot of it, but it's probably like the thing I enjoy the least. That's why I put it at the end, you know, Yeah, I think you kind of got a we think like business in their everyday life. So it's definitely it probably cuts across all of it in some sense because as we grow older and we learn and we develop and we change our pathway in how we earn or work. You know, there's obviously more business focus in a lot of the things that we do, because you know, we have a different mindset. So but yeah, definitely, it's probably like not something that I focus on as much, but it is part of I think all those elements in some way.
Speaker 1: I know that over the years, you've owned lots of businesses, You've done lots of telly, You've been on lots of things. And you know you're still young. What are you forty two or something?
Speaker 3: Now forty two, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Forty two, you're just a baby. But you'd started working at fifteen, so that's twenty seven years, so you've been working more than half your life for me. For me, I started working in gyms when I was eighteen. Then I owned my own gymsmultiple gyms, and and I feel like that for me, I got to the point where that kind of where I'm owning gyms and I'm running lots of staff and I've got one hundred moving parts and lawyers and accountants and marketing and branding and fucking business meetings, and it's not bad. But for me, it almost had it used by date where I went, yeah, I don't want to that's not me anymore. It's not that it's bad. It's just not what I want to be doing. Have you kind of did that? Is that a version of what happened for you?
Speaker 3: Or yeah? I get that, Yeah, I think, And I think that last little business I had for two years just that I just posed last year was just a nail it. And you know, I think I just did it because after my first business kind of collapsed there in twenty eighteen, I still had it in me. You know, I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think COVID here and it probably wasn't the best time to probably open a new business coming out of COVID, but I thought, well, it's coming back. I thought people must be might be want to getting into it. And you know, online businesses kind of like pick up or like those kind of business were like really populus I throw stuff like that. And it wasn't too bad, but it was a grind, you know, it was a tough grind. And then you know, it was just pushing all the time, and a few other things came to play, like there was other work coming in and I was like I was having to close my business to go and do this other work, which which was better, which was actually making me money to do the other work, whereas you know, at the business and you know, you're just paying bills. So you know, all those things kind of came into play. And then my wife got pregnant and all that kind of stuff, and she was running the front and then I said, look, I don't want to run the back in the front and everything and plus doing this and doing that, and I just know, it all just came in to play and I went, you know what, I'm just going to get out for now. You know, I think it's not my sort of place that I want to be, and I want to kind of focus on doing what I really enjoy. And it's like, you know, creativity, teaching, you know, you just stuff like that, creating and being able to network with other people and do fun things. I guess, so that's what I've kind of chosen that oft for now. Not to say that maybe something might come up, but I don't think I would run it. If we got back in the business, in a sense, maybe it would be more of O, but that won't never ever happen. So you know, it's all depends what happens in life. You just don't know, you know, Journeys change and come and go and see what happens again.
Speaker 1: So you've been on Mastership a million times. There was a six part doco on you on SBS. You've been on like, there's a Netflix series that you're in that you host, what else stuff on channel like Channel seven? Like, you've done lots and lots of tally what's the unique challenges that we sitting at home on our bums watching you? What are the unique challenges of cooking if that's the right word on TV like because it obviously it's not the natural habit attat, so there must be a lot of restrictions that you know, lights, camera, action, producers and mate, you've got to be in and out in four minutes. Then we go into an ad and all of that. What how did you find working in that environment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look I enjoyed it. I think it's too me is great, you know in a sense, you know it fun. It's definitely the early days. It was early days. He has like just been guest chefs and that coming in for a day, you know, throwing down a challenge, you know, creating a bit of shaking everyone up, creating a little bit of fear in the in the kitchen and then going home, so it was easy. You know, it was a great way to enter the TV scene, and you know, it built built a great name for myself, made me pretty much a national name and an international name, so you know, I owe a lot to that. And then having my own show and being a more major part of the show was good as well. You know, it was a great experience and you can't falter in a sense, but like it definitely is what we don't see. It's a long day. It's very boring. You know, you're kind of sitting around most of the day, you know, just kind of waiting to taste dishes and at the end of the day. And the hard thing is, I think for me being more hands on and wanting to be keep active, sitting around, like I just get I get really tired, and really it takes all energy out of me. So like I just want to at least even just get in there and like give them a ask me a question, help you know what I mean something like that. But you know, you're allowed to. So it's a competition and they have to. They have to, you know, find their feet themselves and grind it out. But you know, other than that, it's it's a great experience. It's a great moment. And I think from what I've found after the shows, what you do for their lives is bigger than anything. So you know, when they come back to you and say how you've changed your lives, you know, just them being on the show and that, which is something you don't think about when you start it, but learning about it after it's Yeah, I think it's a it's a great feeling.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, amazing. What did I read somewhere that you grew up in Italy or you spent I know your parents, I know you're born here, but did you go back and live in Italy for a while.
Speaker 3: I used to go back every year Italy with my parents. My parents come back every year. When I was younger, I used to stay there, you know, about six months at a time, like my mom and my dad would do things like that. And then and then as I've gotten older, you know, we used to go every year for a month or so. And then you know, throughout my late teens and that when I was doing my apprenticeship, I'd travel to France and Italy just to do some training and stuff, you know, do courses or stars just like work for free in places that I could find, yeah, you know, just to get more experience, so to better my skills, because back when I was coming through my apprenticeship, food wasn't big in Australia, like in the sense it was it was here, but I didn't have the presence it does now. Or you know, there were restaurants and people went to restaurants, but the masses didn't really I didn't really see food as they see it now. Yeah, pastry shops were very few, you know, there were very few pastry shops. Most of them were just su stand at Aussie Bakery selling cream buns and marine frogs and all those kind of you know, fun Leavington, old School, Lamington's, you know, all those things, and you know, and then yeah, so there wasn't much a rounde so I had to go looking overseas to get those extra skills that I kind of was that i'd seen, you know, through books and stuff like that in my younger years, and that was a great experience for me and they helped me when I was coming through the ranks at a young age to deal bit different and and be a little bitead of the game.
Speaker 1: Who's the best in the world Adriano. I mean, maybe there's not, but in terms of if you had side, there's one one country that does it great. I'm guessing at the European country. It's like who does pastries and cakes and sweets better maybe than anyone in the world.
Speaker 3: I think everyone has its own sort of like culture and own sort of presence. But there's probably i'd say three or four countries that i'd probably name as the top I'd probably say Spain.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, Spain, Japan, Japan, I would not have I don't know why, but I know fuck all, but I wouldn't have Japan.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, France and then Italy what okay, four countries will be on the top list if I was to cut it in my vision.
Speaker 3: And this is only my vision. Everyone else is going to be different. The top two for me is Spain and Japan. Wow, it's Spain at least, just a different set of creativity. They're just for me in in ground breaking sort of development in pastry. They're ahead of the game, you know, They've just got a beautiful vision for artistry and a different mindset on cakes and desserts. I really enjoy. They're a little bit more adventurous and then for me, Japan you can get a bit of everything. Right, Japan has everything that France has because they Japanese love the French and all the major major pastry shops out of France are in Japan because of that. But plus, Japan has its own pastry culture which is very very unique, you know, in a sense, like they have stores where it's only one product and that's all they sell, or one fruit. You can go to a shop that just sell strawberries. Every cake in there's made with strawberries. Yeah, so there's not many, and they have a lot of this kind of pastry. So you know, doing a pastry tour of Tokyo or you know, Kyoto, any of those places and just delving deep into all of it, it's just amazing, you know, and you get such a great experience. Plus all the kitchen they have so many kitchen kind of fun things as well that kind of come out of there that you know, they make their way over here a little bit too with all these trends and stuff, but you know, you get all that kind of fun stuff as well in Japan, so it's very exciting. But the Japanese are known for recreating everything even better than the people who invented it. So they just have that mindset and that dedication to do things great. I think it's just part of their culture.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing, That's fascinating, is it like in twenty twenty four more than ever? You know, there's lots of understandably talk about health, wellness, fitness, nutrition, you know, sugar fat as you were talking about, is there any and I know that pastry and health don't necessarily go together, of course, no disrespect, but is there any pressure on you people who work in that space to create healthier options or is that just like fuck it, we just care that it tastes great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think there's any pressure. I think there's I think there's a bunch of like pastry chefs and definitely a bunch of companies who sell products kind of trying to get that message out there to chefs to use these boats because they make things healthier. There are a few chefs trying to create what they're pitching as healthier recipes. But I think when someone is the cake, they ain't looking for health exactly. People, if you're going to eat a cake, right, I always believe this like you're going to if you eat sugar and fat, eating moderation. You know, the body needs it in a sense right in some way. Don't overreat it, don't overindulge, don't go stupid. Have it as a treat, and that's what we're there for, for a beautiful little treat. Now, as a chef myself, I reduce it not so much totally for the health reason, but also for the like I said before, the flavor. But yes, it has a better health benefit as well because I've reduced all that sugar and fat so coming into play. I think there's a market there in that sense where it's better for you. Not so much. I'm not going to ever say it's healthy because it's you know, I don't think any indulgence shouldn't be healthy. I don't think. And most of the time most of the things that I eat or try that are are targeted at health or you know, those kinds of things. It tastes okay, but just don't give you the same result, you know what I mean. And I think if you're in you might eat it once or twice and okay, fit the fit the void for a moment. But if you're eating that all the time, you get sick of it. So I think it's all about moderation. I don't feel there's a lot of pressure in that sense. I think people when they want to have a treat, they should have a treat and you know, and just balance out their macros and their diet and you know, just work it into their schedule. You know. I know heaps of people that do that. And I see them smash and you know, croissants and all those kind of things, and there they look. I mean, they're fitter than me. Anyway, mate, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think the idea of deprivation forever and never having a cake or never having something that you love, I actually don't think it's a good plan. And I think being able to everything in moderation. There is one person in this conversation that hasn't spoken much, who may or may not be a chocoholic, who may or may not, who may like sixty percent of a diet, may or may not be chocolate other than if other than chocolate, and your addiction to chocolate, which is well documented, what's your next favorite suite? Like if you had to something from a bakery or something that Adriano might make.
Speaker 2: Well, it's anything I'm less. I'm not croissanti or pastry, ishe unless it's got n atilla in it?
Speaker 3: Of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm team chocolate.
Speaker 3: Chocolate a chocolate every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: I'm on it. Chocolate. It's good for chocolates, good for the mindset, you know what I mean. I think it's you know, like I say, with certain sweets and certain things, it gives you a certain joint us and it brings something For me that brings something right. I mean, I eat dark chocolate, so you know, it's kind of like has a lot of benefits as well. And you know, I think people are going to look at those things. So if it brings you a little bit of joy, then for me, that's part of a healthy diet, you know what I mean. Like, as long as you don't over indulge it, there's nothing wrong with it. I agree.
Speaker 2: And I'm really good in all like I'm extra good in all the other areas. And I put all my my indulgence into that, into something that I love the very most, and then I get to have it what feels like all the time.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's, isn't it? Funny when there's something that you love of like I eat almost the same dinner every night, which is just doesn't matter what it is. But it's like, it's just rice, veggies, and there's kind of almost minced beef concoction that I have that tastes fucking amazing. Sometimes I have chicken, but my dinners are almost the same every night. But every night it's like, this is the best thing I've ever had. When did this get invented? Every night my taste buds are just as excited. It's when you love something like tif when you have chocolate, if you have it one hundred days in a row, on the one hundred and first day, it's not like, oh, your receptors have shut down, you don't enjoy it anymore.
Speaker 2: Noah, I love it every day.
Speaker 1: What's the if I was, which I'm not gonna but if I went, you know what, I'm going to start to try to make a couple of desserts. So I'm going to try to open the door on developing. And I'm sure some of our listeners now are thinking, fuck, I want to try and make something, but I'm not great in that space. Yeah, what's something like a getting started Project Adriana, where a sweet or something that people could have a go at that doesn't require your skills.
Speaker 3: O man, like you know, anything like like a Freni pan tire. You know, it's pretty simple. It's just a tart based almond cream. You know, put some put your favorite fruit in it, and bake it off, you know what I mean. It's so simple, you know, and almond cream is equal parts pretty much of everything. And then I mean, if you don't want to make tartas tree, you can just buy a short cross out of the freezer and line a cardshell. I mean, there's many simple ways to navigate desserts. You can make a putting, a sticky date pudding, chocolate lava cake. I mean there's so that's there's no skill needed in that, right, It's any skill needed is in the baking.
Speaker 2: Really, I do love sticky date pudding. I do love sticky date putting.
Speaker 1: Your eyes just lit up like a Christmas tree when he said sticky date pudding.
Speaker 3: Shout out.
Speaker 2: Shout out to tigl Winery that have. When you order a sticky Day pudding, it's actually an enormous slab big enough for people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy table share now.
Speaker 1: Uh, And I will say that when I was a fat little fucker, probably thirty percent of my diet was cheesecake, which which may which may or may not have had something to do with the state I was in. But I fucking and not not that I don't mind the normal cheesecake, but I love baked cheesecake.
Speaker 3: Baked cheesecake. Yeah, it's good, Like it's so good, so creamy.
Speaker 1: Mate, I could I could literally have, I reckon, I could eat three meals a day of cheesecake and nothing else and eventually I'd get sick of it, but I'd give that a good crack for about a month. I love che cheese. That kind of cheesecake to me is almost like a meal because it's quite dense.
Speaker 3: It's very dense. Yeah, very very dense. Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Well, mate, We appreciate you. We appreciate you. It's been fun getting to know you a little bit and chat to you. Do you what's next on the horizon? Is there anything coming up? Any projects? Any TV stuff for you? Kicking back being a dad and a husband and just fucking life in the hammock at.
Speaker 3: The moment, a bit of everything, you know, just taking as it comes. But yeah, I'm a master chef. A few episodes of Master Chef this.
Speaker 7: Season TV wise, a few classes overseas, a few eventsy locally, there's bits and pieces.
Speaker 3: Really keep doing my I t at the QT hotels, you know, things like that. So just keep that keeps me busy, busy enough and now and flexible, so which is good with the with the baby in that. So yeah, just keep plugging away until something more thought comes, if it does.
Speaker 1: You know, has parenthood has been a dad mate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's man, it's good. You know, it's you know, like it's different tiring and it's look, I mean I travel before work, so I can't say overly tiring for me all the time because I'm not not here all the time. But yeah, when I'm here, it's definitely. Yeah, it's a different moment. But you know when when he smiles all the time, actually, you know, it's it's just I don't know, you can't take something away. So it's one of those moments. Yeah, you've got to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: But I feel like having a baby is both chaos and therapy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the therapy. That's a good word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate you. How do people find you, follow you, connect with you, get involved in some capacity? How do they do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can follow me on Instagram or Facebook or I'm at the Sweet Assassin or Adrian Zumbo on those all those channels LinkedIn X but I don't really use X anymore. But but all I see yeah, mainly mainly Instagram, TikTok, Facebook LinkedIn. I do have a website, but it's under construction at the moment, so when it comes back on and it's just adronizmore dot com. So other than that, all good man, it's been fun. Yeah, it's been great shading.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We'll say goodbye off fair back for the moment. Thanks for being on the You project.
Speaker 3: It was nice to meet you, absolutely amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Boom