Speaker 1: Five double a football post match callers might just about do it here McInnis that would have been deliberate for all money for the mcg massager is over, perhaps mercifully ninety to one points to margin. Hollywood run out the victors, lots to talk about both fans get falling eight double two three double o double O. As we pick over the in trials and spare a thought would put out laide Great.
Speaker 2: Warren's red ray.
Speaker 1: Who has to pick three blogs to give votes to.
Speaker 2: Recommendations suggestions are welcome. An Eckley deep in conversation.
Speaker 1: With Craig mccraig is looking get in the broadcast, have been courting, will be all like contempers. You talked them out and we talked about the Dan Newsman factor.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, I was brought up differently, got of that way.
Speaker 1: You'll see me from dust from momments like that shape. Let's turn our attention to some of the analysis after the game. Thanks to right price and root leaky root total roof respiate you do it right with right twice routing. Everything was leaky out there for they could put that they might made what price to go out there and.
Speaker 2: Give it the old normal games yeah, well it's it's no other games. We don't want it. Go oh yeah, admiration you can if you're want, But for me, it's like you've got to learn a lesson. Every time you'll play with you you know you learned, You've got to learn a lesson.
Speaker 4: And particularly I think there's lessons to be learned from selection.
Speaker 2: There's lessons to be learned from matchups.
Speaker 4: There's lessons we learned from players attitude and.
Speaker 2: Packing your own effort in your own bag and ready to play. Dan used to dominate and play. We knew he was a super talented player.
Speaker 4: But I want to surprise how much space he was given and that play and a half back you do get extra space in your team's dominating.
Speaker 2: But him is probably one of the most influential, if not the most influential player in the game. Particularly in the first half. He had twenty seven disposals. He was run around by himself and absolutely dominated.
Speaker 4: If you look at the scores, sources fifteen goals nine, which is a pretty good scorer in most games.
Speaker 2: That was one source from Turno. We'll kick five to six, So that's the main the game. The seeded ten goals in a row or didn't for a shot in that case.
Speaker 4: And that's the challenge, that's the frustration for a team that was up against the.
Speaker 5: Ropes being questioned there integ with their football integerty.
Speaker 2: They're eft whether they'll fit enough and all that. But it's a bit of.
Speaker 5: Leaf disappointing performance from poor it's round one.
Speaker 4: That's the positive, and you get to fight back next week and show what you're worth.
Speaker 2: But you've got to learn from this.
Speaker 5: You got to learn what's the difference, what's the acceptable standards for a club that wants to keep continuing and played in a prelim last year and being the last three final series and six or the last seven or whatever it is, that's not the sanding.
Speaker 2: You accept.
Speaker 1: Eight double two three double o double as the number after the game thanks to right Price for roofing. Let's see the easy part. First, there was no injuries to speak of thanks to see gay Legal Personal Injury playing for expert compensation you wismers of seal gay legal dot com dot au. And to be fair, they couldn't afford any more injuries.
Speaker 2: Like they've had a horror run.
Speaker 1: Now it's not to excuse that before excuse it's a reality.
Speaker 2: But it's not an ex faiting, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a reality, and you go, well, still, if your best players come and play to their opt and your best performance and everyone.
Speaker 2: Plays their best.
Speaker 4: If we go through how many winners in their position, jeez, I reckon it best. You might claim three, and they've come up with three names the best dress. I think one was clearly best against.
Speaker 2: Them their opposition, and that was Jordan's Sweet. But other than that, I think you're looking at a few and far between.
Speaker 4: There's a massive upside from where this is at, but that is the performance they put out.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the votes for unique home Style forwards shortly. Let's take some calls, starting with John in Nord Evening, John Cleven.
Speaker 6: Guys, Yeah, year wine, I just think there was no care sac of the night, flagging behind so disappointing. It just looked horrible.
Speaker 4: Look No, I don't know if yeah, I take your point on. I think players do care, but I understand what you're saying. It looked like I didn't, and I don't think there's ever a case the players don't try. But jis it was bitterly disappointing. We need to be better than that. You can see ten goals in a row. You've got to show a bit more grit and a bit more fight. But I hear you, and he positives for you, Johnny or a.
Speaker 7: Not really.
Speaker 6: There's a couple of heres stood up, But that was zoning off too much, like you know that where's the care? You know, where's the care? You and you've got responsibilities out there and there's too many zoning off just from my opinion anyway. So however, there's always next work.
Speaker 3: Cool, thanks Mike, let's got to say Cliff Park Gregg.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good ay, guys, buddy. Look, I don't know. I think Timmy you may have mentioned a little bit earlier on, but it looked to me like Ken Hinckley was smiling at them in the game. Did you guys hit it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was talking to you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine Timmy John Tayl losing round one nineteen eighty eight. I just wanted you to picture this. He's come off the field. You've been flogged by an arch rival, Glenell for example. Yeah, and he's come off and he's standing next to Carnsey yep, and he's having a chuckle that because I'm enough to remember mate, when Port Adelaide used to be proud and that kind of stuff was just unacceptable. It's just revolting. We have just watched a disgraceful performance. We've got a coach who has got another year ahead of him and we all know. I think anyone that's not a happy clapper knows that he is not up to it. We've got a guy who's sitting in the box, who is the coach to be, who I'm a little bit concerned may not be the best guy for the job.
Speaker 9: I hope he is.
Speaker 8: And every Portday supporter with a beating heart that absolutely believes and loves his club knows that and wants that to be true. I hope that made the right decision with Darth.
Speaker 9: But when you've got a.
Speaker 8: Coach laughing with the opposition coach like that, it makes me feel sick. Can't You should not be you should not be doing that. Come on, guys and look Warren statut of this because I don't want to get to any trouble.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to get into any of that. Apart from the fact the car be it. Judge Josh when he's in the chair that's all I say. I think that's fair from everyone.
Speaker 2: Yep. But you can make your points. And absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: I've just been brought up differently.
Speaker 1: Greg made the point about John Carle's face.
Speaker 2: Well, I said, also, I said the same thing. I said. I hope at the end of this you're not hugging Dan.
Speaker 1: Houstare We used to.
Speaker 3: They knew it was going to come and say, and it's just we're just brought up differently. I don't know what it is. I just I'm so such a fierce competitor that when I lose.
Speaker 1: You may have noticed it.
Speaker 2: To babies to shake in i'd say thanks, they say good luck and.
Speaker 1: Thanks, yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do that anyway. I didn't wish anyone like I'm trying to be your mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but postgame when you've lost, and Greg was talking about now round one, imagine, I said, I remember round one, ninety ninety five.
Speaker 1: We lost by ninety five points.
Speaker 3: We got absolutely smashed by the one elk and they're won a lot of smile and all the rest of it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 3: Now, we had a group that you were super confident in, with enough experience to go. You know what, this mobile bounced back and we're not bounced back. We went forward and one another flag. But the point of the thing was it's you had. It's the pride and the and the hurt that comes with losing you and you like that's got to burn deep inside. Otherwise you don't react. We didn't bring any energy tonight. Usually saying about it when we talk about that, it's mad. It's young footballers.
Speaker 1: You say generationally different, it's different, but Ken's not generationally so different. It's the same year as me. So it's an interesting look.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I was brought up differently. Let's go to Hanley Bleach today.
Speaker 2: Steven.
Speaker 9: Is that Steve from Hanley Bee?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's you. So sorry, don't you just got up? Steven? Sorry about that, Steve Gofer?
Speaker 9: Thanks, just uh, just wondering. So you guys are calling off the fox Fille podcast tonight, So traders as at the footy club because we could see when the crowd numbers came up, sixty three thousand twitters went sixty two thousand done tonight and then when the just and hold three of the stats came up, there was fifty three percent in the midfield and forty three percent in the cord line and sows went oh in the forward line or in the midfield. So traders, you're a director of forty club and you're calling off the broadcast and reading out the stats from the Foxtel forecast.
Speaker 4: So what's your point, Stephen. I've got my own stats here. I also call other stats.
Speaker 10: What.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what your point is.
Speaker 9: You don't have your own opinion.
Speaker 2: You just call off the I've had my own opinion the whole night.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, I just quoted.
Speaker 4: You quoted quite two instances. Yes, there's multiple versions from stats.
Speaker 2: I get. What's your point?
Speaker 9: So you're a footage director of this club. You came on with the board make changes because you said you could make a big difference of this club. And did I say that, Well, do you want to go back to it?
Speaker 11: Treasures?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't say I could make big changes. I said I'll be trying to go on. I hope I can make.
Speaker 9: You don't want to make big changes. You want to leave.
Speaker 4: Que respectfully, Respectfully, Steve, I'm one of I'm one of ten directors on the football club, and I'm trying to help my football club, So what what's your point?
Speaker 9: But you went on to there to not make big changes. You went on to the to not make changes at all. I didn't say that if you want. I just asked you if you went on to make big changes.
Speaker 4: You said no, Well, I'm not here to publicly reveal what stuff I'm doing because I can't.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think people have known my opinion. But also too, the way the football clubs work. There are ten directors on a football club, and I'm one. So if you think I can walk in and make every change that I pluck from the sky and I get my own way, that's.
Speaker 2: Not how it works. I sit on a football committee.
Speaker 4: There's about six people, of which there's three directors on there, myself, George Fiachi and Cos Cardon, and then a few other people. Don CASSISI Rob Snowden, Chris Davies sits on there and we discuss all the football issues. People present stuff I can speak about what we do, speak about, offer contracts, we have to ratify those options, talk about recruiting targets, free agency, salary cap. That's my role on there, and to ask all those questions. And just because you don't hear me publicly asking those questions. I can guarantee you I'm privately invested and albeit unpaid, to step up for my club to get ridiculous phone calls of that questioning because I haven't blown the place up, like I'm here to support and make it better. Times change and it takes time to implement stuff. People want to go, Oh, you know, let's put this one example right now, Houston. Oh, we gave him away for nothing? Well, no, I don't believe we did. I think we've got a really good player in the future and a few other stuff that we've done. But if a player wants to leave, you've actually got to be a decision do we hold him or do we do it?
Speaker 2: Or do we want to get in the draft? All these different mechanisms.
Speaker 4: And I'm one of seven people on a committee and one of ten people as a board of director. So if you think I went in promising I could nuke the joint or take it over like its mind. I'm not running Abramovich your own Chelsea, who gets every decision. But what I do is play a role, and every person plays a role. So to sit there and think that I promised to change it. Well, that was never going to be the case. Let's not be ridiculous.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Parakadino. What'd you make of it?
Speaker 12: Yep, yeah, I just want to get your thoughts on every time I've been watching them. I was very young, in the last six seven years, probably even you know, even the.
Speaker 13: Last two to three years.
Speaker 14: Every single time I watch them, when they bucks up against the wall during the game, you know, they get two three, four goal kids them. How come they can't stown the flow? How come they can't?
Speaker 1: Is it a list?
Speaker 14: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 15: Is it attitude?
Speaker 16: Is it hunger?
Speaker 17: What is it?
Speaker 14: I want to get your thoughts on what you've seen.
Speaker 4: I think it's well, ten answered unanswered goals. It's yeah, needs to be better, simply needs to be better. I know what you're saying. And I'm frustrated because I'm sitting there going how can we not stem the floor? How can we not go men or men and actually make a difference. We can actually wrestle it back. And there's times when Port's done that significantly.
Speaker 2: Our last four or five years.
Speaker 4: But today it's just one of those days that no matter what they tried, they might turn the ball over, then it's a poor kick, and then you cop it back with interest. So yeah, it was. It was a shocking performance from it. It was an Adelaide like performance.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dane Lauren in Morphet Va. What did you say?
Speaker 18: Oh my goodness, the defense. We really fell down in the defense. I was so sad about that tonight and also trying to don't worry about the last carter you had.
Speaker 9: That was unbelievable.
Speaker 18: But I just can't believe that we can't see we need the tools in defense? And what about Oli Lord? Can you not put Oli Lord in? And I know the guy really tries with the passion, but he gets put in, he gets dropped, he gets put in, he gets dropped. He doesn't have consistency. And this is what really annoys me. We've got to have players that have confidence in themselves and until we get you know, and he even Dante last last year gets freemantle, did will, But what do we doing playing with all smaller players in defense? And I'm sorry a couple of the bloats up there in the defense tonight did not cover.
Speaker 11: But all of that, I love.
Speaker 18: My team, and you know, I've been barracking for Port since nineteen sixty three and tonight was not a good night. But why has Collingwood got first game up with Port Adelaide and then we never see them playing in Adelaide Oval? What what does the AFL do with this straw? This straw this year has been absolutely abysmal and that's what's really getting under my goat is just so frustrating and Jason horn Hard and Francis tonight doing, I mean, for God's sake, get over yourselves. Collingwood, you are not the all end of vfl AFL.
Speaker 2: Lauren, good call, because you know what the other bit is.
Speaker 4: You called it a draw draw, It's a fixture, so it's fixed in the AFLs to it it is in terms it's fixed when I don't say match fixed, but it's fixed. The fixture is made so it gets TV broadcast numbers and popular like through the gate Attten numbers, numbers. That's how it's set up.
Speaker 1: An eveness of competition because as Lauren's correct, the last time these sides played MCG.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and that can be frustrating. The other thing too, like a classic example is gather around. It's great for South Australia.
Speaker 2: Get me wrong.
Speaker 4: But it's not necessarily superb for clubs because you look at the biggest game that Port would play this year, it would be a Collingwood and rivalry wise now with what went on off field Hawthorne, but Hawthorne is that's an AFL go and gather round. So in terms of the finances, the local clubs make minimal money out of gathering. So these are the bits and pieces, But fundamentally it doesn't excuse us from a performance which was subpar.
Speaker 1: Tim, what did you make give your sides performance?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You Tim? Not this Tim. He can't talk.
Speaker 2: Tim can talk to Tim.
Speaker 1: He's got a bottle of Jamison's with his name on it.
Speaker 17: Look Tim from Time's Park. Look it's one of Timmy and Treaders.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 17: This is the worst result to the whole you know, succession plan, Like there's going to be so much heat on Inkley now I don't know you have that. How are they going to manage that could be unbearable?
Speaker 1: Not the ideal start.
Speaker 3: I agree with you there, Tim, it's and and the succession plan is such I've I've interviewed Chris Davies, We've interviewed Josh Carr and the like, and it was basically, no, it's business as usual, so we're going ahead with all this. I said, We'll say, if you sat down had discussions about how are you going to start handed, none of that's just.
Speaker 1: Business as usual. So I'm with you, Tim.
Speaker 3: I knew that the decision was made to maybe take some ayor out out of that. A ninety one point lost straight up doesn't help the scenario. So I said, it's going to be a difficult manager all year. It's going to be a challenge, and this is not the start we want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Gina's got some queries about this as well. Thank you, Tim. Geno in Virginia. Good evening, Yeah, good evening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: So basically, yeah, I have I haven't been following, you know, the club's policy on a new coach. When Hinkley's going, you know, I just butt out during the off season. Then I just say it on oh well, I've just seen on the Twitter or on actually on the put Adelaide website that Hinkley it's this farewell year. I know, you know that's good. God wouldn't have gone seven years ago, basically, But then I thought they've just got a succession plan and Car's just coming in. I thought, well, may I have just advertising? I didn't think Carl will just step in. I don't know what coaches are out there, But when you think you'd advertised, I don't know about This is a succession plan from an untried coach. You Treasury are on the board now, So and.
Speaker 2: Tim, what are you happy with that?
Speaker 13: I having a seccession plan.
Speaker 3: I think it's a difficult manager and no doubt about that. I've only seen probably two work, and that's Paul Ruse has been both in both involved in both one to Tom and one to Goodwin, where he did it very very well in a probably a different situation of.
Speaker 4: Where he seems to be positive. The only one that didn't work was the Mouldhouse Buckley.
Speaker 3: One, and I think Clark's and Mitchell worked either well.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a succession plan. That was a forced on Clark. Clarko signed on supposed to be here. He didn't know about that when he signed the contract. He was told about that with one year to go. It's a different one. But for for Yeah Gena, there was a process run.
Speaker 2: There was a process run m all.
Speaker 1: Right to Port Gasta, but it's been hot and Portagasta today, John, good evening to you.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I wanted to play Make You to day, but I'm hot now I can play Anger.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I can if you gotta win the time in, you gotta wind time you get a learn something. But they're trying, and they's trying. I want that big water on box and our guys the type of game the way lord have a little buying border game. But I thought we've never gotten that big water. They court, they tried, but did they really try? And and I I said, I they should have put a football bub and I think of.
Speaker 17: Howd all of that?
Speaker 7: I'm trying hot steam bom Twitter is a family friend of my grandfather. Before during our take of a war box Willens X. But yeah, I'm just thinking of those bikes. What might be thinking tonight? I could probably mid seventies, the big seventies. I love him and all that great for me, but he is what's his name? Oh, James.
Speaker 4: Didn't have a good gun tonight. I was singing his praises. I thought his pre season be pretty good, but got found out to know it and it made a couple of costly errors back to back which really dampty his confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a history of it below his knees and above his head. And if you can't eliminate that, it becomes very very perilouship position in the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the thing is too, I think he drafted an under eight and first round pick. I think he was an next generation Academy pick. But he played.
Speaker 2: Woodville League footy. I think might have played a bread He did.
Speaker 4: It as a high half back. Yeah, but what the smart the AFL do? They dragging back to gospel, which is not his preferred position. So he needs to fight that or find another position, either there or wing or somewhere different. I think he's certainly got a future, but at the moment he's and not giving him out. But when you look at the inside fifty differential, Oh no, no.
Speaker 1: Let's head to north Avan, Dave. You think Lackie Jones wasn't He's not, But there was yet a few mates out there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're you're not wrong there to me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, how much time that I've rang in.
Speaker 10: The last year or two. Yeah, every time there's a game of a pressure game where the players that you think are going to do good do nothing. Yeah, And you know who they are. I keep say bringing up and I can't believe that the actual game of thin lacens today. How soft can a guy be? I want you to go in the I know you can't do it, but I'd love you to go you owning a little bloke and walk to their face back and say you know you have soft you up for a six foot fall guy. And you know I told you before. At the end of last season we got Lukosis, another soft player, then Lays and soft Burne Jones does nothing. Really, what did you do Tarana pressure and nothing? Berg gone second to the ball? You interviewed him last year and ask him what do you do when you don't play football? I play video games.
Speaker 1: If I was.
Speaker 10: Built like him, I'll be in the gym pumping on and so so people be afraid of me going up. If people look at him and just go straight through him. That's why he's second at the ball. Sin he's not a AFL footballer need as well.
Speaker 17: You know what I mean.
Speaker 10: He's nothing like his dad, you know. And without Suite and Francis today we were lost by two hundred and ninety points. And don't worry about Roses. What possessions he got in the last half, the game was over. You know, if we didn't have Suite or Francis turn a ninety point deficion. He's the young one of the youngest players, and he puts his body on the line and then all the rest around they just look at him and say, well, we'll just let him do keep doing it all day. He can't do it on his own. Where are the coaches? You know, why can't someone walk up to.
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 10: How simple is that, Dave?
Speaker 1: You don't often get anything wrong? Mate, is spot on again tonight. Well done, buddy.
Speaker 3: Let's got to port Adelaide in the heart off Tyby.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, pretty fair to say that our club's direction has wavered. We've been let on a what if journey for many years now and tonight is the capitulation of that. And it might be round one and we're all going off early.
Speaker 17: But what you saw.
Speaker 2: Tonight was.
Speaker 13: The whole off season of us trying to bring out our best game plan. And we look back the club that are rubbing out at around twenty three not prepared to turn up next year. So there is just no direction. You've got to coach that's leaving. You've got to coach that thinks he's got the spot. I think you've got turmoil at the top level. We've got people like David Kost that are you know, I brought a lot of money but no success. So I think we have to just tear it all up and start again. To be honest.
Speaker 2: At the top level you're talking about, well.
Speaker 13: I've got a real problem with people like probably David Kosh. They bring a very sort of not traditional Port Adelaide mentality. I don't know the rest of the board intimately, so I can't make comment. But if I'm a supporter and I'm looking at what we keep producing, it's it's subper and you can accept that we've been trying our best. But you've got a lot of different faces tonight, the people that are on the park. Obviously the instruction is not getting through to probably good cattle. So I don't know. Everybody's going to make their own opinion. But there's no defense tonight, is there treads.
Speaker 4: You can't defend that that was afore wards And you Knowchael, when you take the good performances and the pats on the back, you've got to copy your whack when it doesn't go that.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Toby. Let's say, do you seeking gardens?
Speaker 20: Judy good evening, Hi Warren, Hi, Jimmy, guys, where's our bloody seconds coming in? Where we've got no depths? We had no defense tonight? They put Burton on the interchange. They should have put Burton on the forward line or put Finn Lason in the forward line and put bloody Burton in the defense. Where have we got depths at our club for the next game?
Speaker 4: Well, this is the thing. Radigalia might come back. That there there are injuries. I'm not saying it's an excuse.
Speaker 2: It to reality.
Speaker 4: So there are players that are missing, but as you best play the last two years is not there. But you've got to find a way to bring up something better than what we saw tonight.
Speaker 2: Radigalia might chance to return.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure the latest on that, but he was running pretty heavily two weeks ago. I did see him at the trial game doing that. Who comes in, Well, that's that's the decision for the coaching panel. That's where they get paid the money to deliver and to motivate the players to review this to get a better result, for the leaders to stand up these blokes are getting played good money right, And I'm not saying you just put it straight on the players, but the reality is people outside to sit there and go, what's the performance? Like the fans aren't happy, it's up to the players. Like the Collingwood players did this week after a terrible period of time, but not as bad as what we played tonight. And it's on the whole club to turn it round. And it starts with people looking in the mirror everyone and going was I at my best? And if not, how can I get to my best? And how soon can I get to my best? And what am I willing to do to get to my best? Is an extra ice bath to the extra fitness is an extra recovery.
Speaker 2: Did I become with the best mindset? Did we have the best tactics?
Speaker 4: All these types of things, and then there needs to be a reviewing process every game, and when once.
Speaker 3: You get to reap on nine, all those things aren't right. Each and every one of those things ain't right.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 3: I thought they were at trial pace compared to you know, game pace.
Speaker 1: I thought the.
Speaker 3: Pressure that well, they were embarrassed last week. So they've come in with it and you've got to expect that that's going to happen. So you know, port Adelais just didn't handle any of it. Under pressure, they look panicky, you know, entire panicky, balls flying everywhere, miskicks, fumbles below the knees, all the.
Speaker 1: Rest of I always judge a player by how.
Speaker 3: Clean they are under their knees under pressure, and the way that they commit their body and look. Dave from North Haven doesn't miss too often. And the way we, I think times could have put ourselves under a lot more physical stress wasn't happening. And therefore Collingwood, who were at that level, we were nowhere near it. So all those things treaders are talking about is are correct. And I probably was disappointed that the Dan Houston.
Speaker 1: Plan there wasn't one that was just loud Dan to be Dan. What was it sixteen goals from turnover in the end near one hundred points?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen nine, fifteen nine.
Speaker 1: Let's go to north Havevan John good evening.
Speaker 15: Yes, good evening him the first one of all the negative nancies and nevels that are on the bloody line, Like Dave from North Haven. He's visit to Assassin, he's been online and on a very I don't I don't call, but he shot down everybody for oul as and for going back ages with Marshall. I bet my left Haggard that he's never coached anybody. I bet he's never coached juniors, so really has no understanding of how to develop people. Anyway. That's for first comment. The second comment is the AFIL draw is really the crippled that hurt Port Adelaide by not being a battle or max hardened by Colinwood having their first game against DWS, which is a tough game and so their battle hard yesterday last and they've come into it. Port Adelaide were not that attuned to the experience, so I'm not going to knock them for how their performance was. Sure there were samars, I was sure there's some turnovers. However, it should have been by the gun. All teams start at the same time, not this stupid opening round. We're poor a really a game behind. That's my comment, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: Now it's spot on, John. I don't like this opening round, never liked it. Well, I think that any time now it's not ridiculous with what we've just been through, come up with a.
Speaker 2: Really good idea I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two games in Adelaide, two games and put your priority games in Queensland and New South Wales so you might play Thursday, Friday, Saturday, whatever, and then you can play the lesser games during the day in Adelaide or Perth.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just don't think it works.
Speaker 3: It is a clear advantage having a game at that tempo round one, well.
Speaker 2: Sorry zero round when you haven't played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you've got clubs doing internal trials before they're taking off side that's played the week before.
Speaker 2: And if we're completely honest, that doesn't give you ninety one point.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not an excuse.
Speaker 3: For to That was appalling, absolutely appalling, But I'm talking about overall as a competition. I don't want to be playing anybody that's had a game on me and I've played an.
Speaker 1: Internal and I'd love to see the AFILs metrics and whether you're getting what you are oi.
Speaker 2: This year called off.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. It wouldn't have been fun mate fan in Melbourne tonight and that's exactly what Peter and West Melbourne is. Peter, did you go to the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I went to the game, and I'm ashamed to say this is the first time I've Actually the most efficient thing about tonight was getting in the taxi at three quarter a time and getting to West Melbourne. Actually, so yeah, it was hard work, but I just thought we got absolutely smashed around the clearances and that didn't set us up very well. But interested to see what you guys think. I know, ninety one point lost, but the zoning seeing some of the worst that I've ever seen, Like we didn't really man up at all. We just we just went for the zone and there was not much body contact. What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: That's a great call, Pike, that's a good call.
Speaker 4: And I think you taught the contest and clearances ended up what were they thirty six thirty nine port winner. But at the start of the game, when the whips were cracking, it was thirteen inside fifties to four clearances, twelve six center clearances, five one first years, get the ball inside forward fifty and executed and that was the game.
Speaker 1: Bill in Port Adelaide is well back in the heart land Morning evening, Bill, where are we are? I don't know what show am I on? Bill? How are you going you sleep? Any I love lost track.
Speaker 13: Pretty much the same.
Speaker 21: Didn't expect to win, but to get humiliated by that much is a disgrace. Their efficiency going forward Collingwood to go on forward is a lot better than Port Adelaide's had always had the problem going forward and finding the key forward going into attack. I think I believe that if Radigala comes back, they that need to play pin lasson forward and maybe only Lord Is on the interchange just to help out because they haven't got in. They didn't have enough going forward. They only had one person to look for and Georgia I just was out Mark. He's a taller opponent. I think the guy who was standing darcymore and there was just no efficient to go on. Well, we're just going forward in Hope.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 21: It was just it was just totally embarrassing. I couldn't I couldn't watch it. It's the lad telecast.
Speaker 13: I just couldn't watch.
Speaker 21: It's just too embarrassing, you know, And I'm sorry, But in the preliminary final last year, things stood out like dogs, you know what. And there was a bloke playing in the preliminary final. He's a great player, being a great player, but he gave up four goals in the preliminary final and tonight he tried hard, but they gave next year. I'm sorry. I wouldn't have done him next year. You know, I don't understand. You know, football is a business. It's not a sentiment to give hand people games.
Speaker 13: Sorry, that's all.
Speaker 2: No need to apologize.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 3: That was deserves every criticism it possibly can receive. That performance. Let's go to Beverly get I mixed good?
Speaker 1: Well are you there?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, listen, I think what we all have, but I think we all need to be honest. And you know this caller back there, John having a goal, another caller for being a negative Nancy. But this has been going on for years and years. Nothing's changing, absolutely nothing. If the boys didn't know today Colin, we were going to be up and about after getting humiliated, they knew what was going to come and put up that in stepid performance today speaks a lot of where we are as a club. I feel what's happened in the last ten years this wouldn't be accepted. He's been there for twelve years and we're watching the same rubbish every year. And he's going to come out tomorrow tonight and his press conference of I've got a few things to learn. We've heard all this rubbish every year. We just can't keep doing this. We've got to make the hard call, get rid of him after today. Let's get clear the slate. We're going to pay him anyway for a year. Let's do it today. See later, Kenny, thanks for your time, and give Josh a car and give him a year. And if Josh might not be the right man, let's give him a year and see what he does and go from there. Because we shouldn't just give it to Josh. I think we need to get the best person we can that might not be Josh.
Speaker 1: Alright, thank you, make appreciate your thoughts, and take the Virginia Paul. What did you say tonight?
Speaker 22: It is thanks for taking my call. Just a couple of things. What the first thing, what you boys thought of just having sweets as a ruckman and Olive Wyane is the second ruck I just thought that their rockman, you know, I know it was the second rugman most of the time, but he Olive one just can't really do anything and they towards the game one of your boys in the clearance. And second, I was listening to Tim and g and Rowie during the week and Rowie was pointing out that this new game plan that Orange Tsunami that.
Speaker 9: We're trying to take off.
Speaker 22: Gee with handbling, I just think sometimes we're handbling a bit too much trying to get forward. Unless there was the issue you know, we are if we handball a meta mistate, that opposition would just go back and score on us, which is hard defense on the other end. But I wanted to know you boys thought, with Olive Wan's being the second road tonight and also whole game plan with this new home handballing game that we're trying to implement, who.
Speaker 4: Is the Richmond player, boys that when Richmond won the flag against Adelaide, Steve Gregg, Greg Sean Gregg was a shore So for me, the second ruck is not as influential as you think. But I do take your point because we're using Olie and always one of our better clearance plays.
Speaker 1: The issue for me, I don't think Grigg was a midfielder.
Speaker 2: Was he Well he sort of was, but not an inside me.
Speaker 1: Now you're right, he was sacrificed, sacrificed Olie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is the bit I get it, and I understand the sentiment. Take you back though we had a ruckman who dominated tonight and we still.
Speaker 2: Got built in the clearances early on.
Speaker 4: So for me, that's said our mids weren't having the connection or bringing the effort appropriate to match what Collingwood did.
Speaker 2: Because they Colin Wood. Remember years ago.
Speaker 4: When Dane Swann and they had Josh Fraser's rugman Collingwood, they were the worst hit out to clearance team hitout team in the comp but our number one for clearances, so that says they can pick it off the opposition. So for me, it was the mental ability to compete early on. That was the area that was lacking, and I think it stayed throughout the game. Not necessarily whether Oli wants his second ruck early on when the clearance is at twelve six and you're thirteen and four inside fifties against that's the game. So yeah, you could look at Oli lord, but he's going to have to be a forward eighty percent of the time to pinch hit for ruk. So it's just whether you value the twenty minutes as a ruckman more so than having some extra flexibility on your list, and a lot of teams will only play with run one ruck unless you've got a forward and that's the beauty of a Charlie Dixon or a Darcy who plays at the Bulldogs, or Joe Danaher who was a Brisbane He can pinch hit for ten minutes, but he's a forward mainstay, you know what I mean. So that's the dynamic you got. And at the moment we don't have that forward ruck unless it's an Oi Lord, but he hasn't done enough to get into the team from the coach's perspective heading into round one, all right.
Speaker 1: We might take one more call. Last word before we get to the of the black Footy Awards will be from Joe in Royal Park. I think Joe, goodad.
Speaker 10: Guys, how are you hey?
Speaker 17: Joe, Hey, I've got.
Speaker 13: A serious question.
Speaker 23: It relates to no stats, It relates to no game plan, it relates to no coaches. I want to know where the old scored port, where the old school Port Adelaide went, Where did the creed go? Where did we live and die by the club, Because until we get that back, we won't change. We can change coaches, we can change board members, everything can change in treaders. I'm pretty sure, and Timmy, I'm pretty sure. You guys are on the same wave link because until we get that old school Port Adelaide back, it's not going to change. I remember coming up through development squads, we'd play the make Pies and they were a different breed. We were boys that they were men. It came down from the grassroots. And until we get that back, and I know, time to change and things are different. Until we get that back, we can do everything we want with players with coaches, won't It won't happen in two thousand and four when we won that flag and people argue with me about this, and that's fine, they can.
Speaker 22: Have an opinion.
Speaker 23: We were a team of champions because of the way we played together. Matthew Primus he didn't make the Grand Final, but we still won and we beat Brisbane who are arguably one of the best teams of that that particular era. I just want to know we did it and Josh Frank's Stevens from there before.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I understand your point, boys to men. I look at Brisbane last year that with the men when they even Sidney looked on like boys on Grand Final day.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, but even even treaders. You take your game from that two thousand and four game. For example, you weren't best on ground, but you did what you need to do to lead your troops. And we don't have that at Port out laid and I sympathize with the supporters that want to sack Kinkley and then a very worried about car coming in because of the fact that are we still do we still believe those values, those values that Boss Williams built, that that creed that the club was built on.
Speaker 2: Do we still have that? Oh?
Speaker 4: I'll say, is I played with Josh Caron and how Josh car rolls He is instilled with those values. He's the only bloke I know that took out Marke Raschudo head to head and even route tiptoe over the edge many times because Josh is a fierce competitor.
Speaker 2: And you know what next year will be. Next year we need to focus on around look to.
Speaker 3: Something in what I like. I like you know what, And I'll give you an example. It's not football, it's cricket. Alan Border took over a rabble when Australia was probably in one of its worst scenarios as far as cricket went. When the retirements of Lily Chaplin, marsh happened and we fell into a hole. Kim Hughes was zacked as captain and Alan Border took over. The first thing he did was in still this unbelievable grit and determination. Right, you know what, You're not that good now, but we're going to fight our way to being good.
Speaker 1: The thing they went on the eighty nine.
Speaker 3: To two of the Ashes, which is his first as captain against England in England and he said, we are not going in their rooms. We are not chumming around until we've won this series. We're not having a beer with any of them. And he got the nickname Captain Grumpy because of it from both of them because he wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 3: He won the series? The wives and partners wanted to come. He said, you're not come until we've won.
Speaker 2: There was all.
Speaker 1: Sorts of hohoha apparently over it. They're all outraged. A statement of mindset. There was a.
Speaker 3: Statement of mindset to say we're here to do a job and we're going to be ruthless on it until we get it done. I think that's where Joe's coming from, and it certainly was the mentality when I went through and I always say, I've spoken and at length with Bob Quinn who came from the thirties and the forties, to Foss Williams, who created a dynasty unmatched to a John Cale, who's the only guy connected with fourteen flags?
Speaker 1: Is you go on Mark.
Speaker 3: Williams into the New Era, into the two thousand and four premiership. All of those segments all have the same ruthless mindset for success. And if if you want to say that those principles aren't right, well then you're not going to win.
Speaker 2: It's the boys and men mentality, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Really so, I'm an Allen Border fan. Yeah, well, said tim Well said, should we give it? I mean it sort of flies in the face now celebrating mediocrity. We've got some wards to give out. I was ready to run through a bridge. We've got some sponsors to that. Yeah, I was ready to run through a brick wall. Announced all rights. No, you're right, people who tried exactly right. And we do say thanks to the great people at Beachwood Home's real custom home builders. They always enjoy success. Goal of the day. There's only what five six to pick from? Really?
Speaker 2: I like the reality dummies.
Speaker 1: Yep. That was good under pressure. All right, now this one mark of the day. Thanks and again real estate. If you're selling, they have buyers ready to go.
Speaker 2: Oh do we take anyone? Take an aerial mark that we liked? To me, Wow, Rocky, I can't. I didn't write him down because I don't remember anything.
Speaker 1: Again, have hih stands?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's kick a double mentioned next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, we will world War two marks next week. How does that sound?
Speaker 2: Sounds good?
Speaker 1: All right? Player of the game thanks to unique homes.
Speaker 2: I'll go three players. I thought they had a crack.
Speaker 4: Farrell was pretty solid off half back when it was in there all the time. I thought Horn Francis never gave up and was Port's most influential mid even though he's the fourth high disposed winner. Rosie topped it out at thirty five. He had twenty five seven clearances of a goal with ties. Just we talk about what we're talking about. Then he is easy in terms of just being an adult, like he's a young kid in terms of apls. But he plays like a man. So he got two votes. And I thought Jordan Sweet dominated the ruck. We just didn't get any value out of it. So I thought he just kept having a crack on his position. Yep, yeah, I think he's probably the one, probably with the other two would probably say, you know what, you probably won your position.
Speaker 1: Good on you tread. It's plenty to talk about during the week, Timmy for more analysis. Yeah, you the week. Hey, if you're feeling bad about the game, just imagine being a bottle of scotch at Timmy's place tonight. That's the only thing that's going to be more danger.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be treated with much laugh. You know what.
Speaker 3: It's It's like one of those moments where you know, no, I'm not going to stuck.
Speaker 1: That's all laws, that's all from us. More than five double fourteen tomorrow when the Crows take on the Saints at Adelaide, I, Well, otherwise we'll catch you Monday's.
Speaker 8: Fine double a's after the game.
Speaker 11: Thanks to Ripe Price Heating and cooling.
Speaker 1: Also you're Roofing and solar specialist.
Speaker 10: Righte Price Eating Cooling, roofing and solar AFL lay on fave double A