Speaker 1: On scorn Leaves, Austrodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Paney Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Paney Show.
Speaker 4: Coming up tonight, the Victorian government embroiled in a fresh corruption scandal. Adam Crichton will be here to come in the day's top headlines. The brilliant Douglas Murray will join me shortly to discuss everything from the war in Ukraine to Disney's work film Disaster, and later in the hour we'll have the latest from the US, including the astonishing rescue mission by Elon Musky's SpaceX that saw two stranded astronauts returned safely to Earth and left He's losing It features one of the all time greats from the lunatic Asylum known as MSNBC.
Speaker 5: Stop the hammering out there?
Speaker 2: Who's got a hammer? Where is it? Where's the hammer?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: On the go up on the other floor.
Speaker 5: Somebody go up there and stop the hammering. Stop the hammer.
Speaker 4: But first Victorian Premier just To Allen and Police Minister Anthony Carbines are at the center of serious corruption allegations brought before Iback and the Statesmutsman by former Deputy Commissioner Neil Pattison, who alleges he and dumb Chief Commissioner Shane Patton were victims of an unlawful conspiracy. The Herald Sun reports the central allegation in Patterson's complaint to IBAG is that Premier Allen, Minister Carbines, the Department of Premier and Cabinet Secretary Jeremy Mole, and Commissioner Rick Nugent conspired to get rid of him and the Chief Commissioner because the pair had given frank and fearless advice to the government in a bit to protect the community.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this, the Senior Fellow and Chief.
Speaker 4: Economists at the Institute of Public Affairs, Adam Crichton. Adam, we have a respected former deputy commissioner here accusing the Premier, accusing the police minister of corruption and misconduct in public office.
Speaker 7: Well, certainly, I think at the very least they're probably victims of politics.
Speaker 6: I would say.
Speaker 7: I mean, it strikes me that there's rising crime in Victoria. There's probably pressure on state labor from federal labor to do something about it, and so sacking the commissioners probably makes sense from a political point of view, But the broader point here, and I think this is the one that the Victorian public would be picking up on, is that there's something dysfunctional with the police office here.
Speaker 6: It's not functioning correctly.
Speaker 7: The number of police in this state I just checked is the most of any state per capita. Two hundred and ninety eight per hundred thousand in Victoria and two hundred and twelve per hundred thousand in South Wales for instance. That's a very big difference. And yet crime here is out of control. So something is going awfully wrong and I think the state government needs to take control somehow.
Speaker 6: And fix it.
Speaker 3: And morale within the police force is very low.
Speaker 4: You speak to officers, they don't have much faith in command. And there's been accusations for several years now, particularly under Labor, that the police force has become politicized. We saw that throughout COVID, but it's also outside of the COVID era where police have repeated messaging with Premier Andrews or Premier Allen, and yet it hasn't saved the Chief Commissioner.
Speaker 3: It seems if these allegations are accurate.
Speaker 7: Look, certainly it's probably worth pointing out the bail laws too that were relaxed here. I mean that would you would think disheartened police officers if they're just arresting people and then they get released again a few weeks later.
Speaker 6: So that could explain some of the crime wave here.
Speaker 7: But yeah, certainly things need to be done, things are to change now.
Speaker 4: Fresh polling from Redbridge has shown that voters believe that Peter Dutton and the Coalition are best suited to manage our relationship with China, but the figures hren't great for either leader here. Twenty seven percent back Peter Dutton compared to twenty five percent who believe Anthony Albanize in his government are best placed to manage this relationship with China, and fifteen percent say or they have little faith in either le So I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Much we learn from this, but it.
Speaker 4: Is certainly an issue that is perhaps not a top tier issue, but it's one that Australians still care about a great deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, look it should be a top tier issue.
Speaker 7: I mean, in recent weeks we've seen these Chinese military exercises just off the Australian coast.
Speaker 6: That is somewhat concerning.
Speaker 7: That should suggest that we need to spend more on our defense and that's something at least I think that the Coalition is at least talking about lifting our GDP spending to two and a half percent of GDP. We at the IPA think it should be three percent of GDP because of the growing security threat.
Speaker 6: But look the twenty seven.
Speaker 7: Percent and twenty five percent that you just mentioned fairly similar.
Speaker 6: I mean, if if they'd rung me up, I would.
Speaker 7: Have said the Coalition probably because at least during COVID they had the backbone to stand up to China and ask about the origins of the virus. And I think that was a good thing, and certainly it's been proven correct in hindsight given what.
Speaker 6: We know now.
Speaker 4: Absolutely now, the International Olympic Committee has been forced to grant the Queensland government a one year extension beyond its usual seven year deadline for the in principal sports program to be agreed upon because well, politicians continue to bick out over the venue plans for the twenty thirty two games in Brisbane that I had been blamed on adam nearly four years of political procrastination by Labor Premiers Steven Miles and Anastasia Palache, and it's been labeled as embarrassing for Brisbane and for Australia. We really do we care what the IOC think.
Speaker 7: Well, look, you know they've had twelve hundred days up there. I understand to work out this plan. That's a long time and I think it's just a plan they want. It's not actually the facilities, it's just a plan. Two hundred days that is a lot. I think it is embarrassing for Australia that the deadlines had to be tweaked.
Speaker 6: I mean they still have a lot of time. What if it's six years or something, seven years or something like that.
Speaker 7: But we've just had the embarrassment of the Conwealth Games being asked in the city here in Melbourne, so we don't want to see that again. So yeah, look they just have to pull their finger out. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: And in good news for Victorian taxpayers. Acting those games I think still cost us about half a billion and we're paying for is it Scotland to hold the game? So we're paying for them.
Speaker 7: Well, we've got one hundred and sixty billion of death here so that's nothing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know how they can hold it for a few hundred million, but it was going to cost billions to hold it here, so that's never been adequately explained. Now I do love Housing Minister Clara O'Neill's Instagram work.
Speaker 3: She is prolific.
Speaker 4: I don't know how she has time to look at her portfolio because she is just churning out video after video on TikTok on Instagram. It's all over the place. And this next one is brief, but it's amounts to essentially buying the votes of young people or anyone who's got a hex step. Hey, guys, important message, don't forget that flavor winds the election.
Speaker 1: On the first of June, twenty percent of.
Speaker 6: Your hex stet is going to disappear like that.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: She's doing videos in the car now. The last one I showed earlier in the week she was in the laundry. I don't know she had a cameraman in the cupboard or she had some sort of tripod set up.
Speaker 3: Very very creative work. But there you go.
Speaker 4: Big discount off your hex stead, which obviously the taxpayer is not going to get the money that you were supposed to pay. So this is reminiscent of what the Democrats we're doing in the US.
Speaker 7: It's straight out of Joe Biden's playbook, and obviously that did not work. I Mean, the first point from a political point of view is these people are going to vote labor anyway or green, so I don't even know why they're trying to bribe them politically.
Speaker 6: But it's also terrible policy.
Speaker 7: I mean, we know study after study shows that people go to university earn way more than everyone else, and so why should they be subsidized through the tax system by everyone else. I mean, the fees are already subsidized, they're already low. And frankly, my personal view is we have too many people at university. The fees should be higher, so we get fewer going.
Speaker 3: Well, we have so many junk degrees. This isded. There used to be a time where.
Speaker 4: You'd go to university and whatever course you did helped you get a better job, and there was some method to it all. Now you're getting these junk degrees, a lot of the arts degrees, not just arts, and you have a student saddled with debt, sold false hope.
Speaker 3: The taxpayer picks up a huge bill.
Speaker 6: And they've been brainwashed a book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they come out with green hair and just very nutty ideas. But the Liberals are also joining in on the social media campaigning.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at what they came up with.
Speaker 4: This is doctor Katie Allen, the Liberal candidate for Chisholm in Victoria.
Speaker 3: I want to electrify the Ashpn pool.
Speaker 8: That doesn't mean electrify.
Speaker 4: The pool, it means electrify the gas pub And that's because locals have told me they want action on climate change.
Speaker 1: They want to create energy transition. And if we do electrification.
Speaker 9: Of the gas pubs that heat the poor here at Ashburn, that will help bring down about six hundred tons of the.
Speaker 3: Mission each and every year.
Speaker 7: What's not to like about that?
Speaker 1: It's about a cleanage transition.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't even know what to say. I don't even know what to say. I mean, at least Claire O'Neill's ad is probably going to get a few votes. It's going to speak to people who personally care about that. This what we're going to change the heating of the pool from gas to electricity. People in the community are in uproar about it. I don't think anyone in the community has brought this up. I think a few activists who seem to have the ear of liberal politicians, have brought this up.
Speaker 3: But I know that area well and I.
Speaker 4: Would be shocked if it's even a top thirty issue.
Speaker 7: Well, I just hope she reads the comments under the Instagram post. As you could say, most people are saying, oh, what on earth are you doing? But I mean the particular swap she's suggesting is a microcosm of the whole economy and just how absurdly expensive it is to be swopping out gas for electricity in these large infrastructures. I mean it costs an APPS fortune, yes, and that's even if it's achievable, and it's not going to make any difference to the climate whatsoever. And Australia is on track to fail in its target since twenty thirty targets, So it's all just totally pointless virtue signaling.
Speaker 3: Pointless virtue signaling. We've got a perfectly.
Speaker 4: Well functioning gas system heating the pool and we're going to rip it out to a place of electricity when this state is sitting on hundreds of years of gas reserves it's estimated. So yeah, it's nappy stuffed. But that's the Liberals for you. Sometimes in this state. Adam Kristen, thank you for your time. Thanks joining me now is one of the finest thinkers of his generation. Best selling author Douglas Murray Douglas. Let's start in the Middle East, where the fragile ceasefire in Gaza has been chattered Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nettina, who has said the authorized the renewal of military action against her mast after their failure to release hostages or abide by the conditions of a US proposal to extend the ceasefire. This military action has been condemned by the likes of the Saudis, Qatar, Egypt, a number of countries in the region, all very predictable, But Douglas, Israel is also facing heavy criticism from France and Ireland and a number of other European countries.
Speaker 3: What do you make of that?
Speaker 4: What do you make of this refusal to unders from so many in the West to understand what Israel is facing right now?
Speaker 1: Well, it's sort of part of the course. Unfortunately, Hamaz has repeatedly broken its side of deals in the stage one of the ceasefire agreement. We saw that, not least in its obscene handover ceremonies of Israeli hostages, including its obscene parading of the coffin of Israeli babies in front of jubilant crowds in Gaza the other week. On top of the war craft that Hamaz Is committed by abducting and torturing and killing Israeli citizens, It's of course continued to commit war crimes during this phase of the ceasefire deal. Phase two of the ceasefire deal, by the way, has always been a problem because it requires Hamaz to hand over all the remaining hostages, as they should have done on October the eighth, twenty twenty three, but it requires them to do so and for Israeli troops to withdraw completely from the Gaza.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The problem for that is, of course, is that Hamaz, although it's been significantly degraded, is as we've seen from these obscene handover ceremonies, not completely destroyed in Gaza, and there is therefore a likelihood inevitability that Hamaz would continue to rule or misgovern the Gaza, which is intolerable to the Israelis because the Israelis had two stated war aims from the beginning of this war to get back every hostage stolen from their homes by Hamaz and two to destroy Hamaz, and you just can't allow Hamas to remain in power. The Israelis can't the various countries in the region condemned. That is completely unsurprising. That's sort of what they have to say, even as in some cases they're urging Israel on the fact that France would criticize Israel among other Western countries is also unsurprising. Sadly, it'll be interesting to see next time France fights a war, when it does, whether it holds its army to the kind of accountability that the Israelis do theirs. My own observation of French military action in the Cote Diuvoirs, in the Middle East and elsewhere is that they do exactly what they want and they don't listen to any international condemnation. So, you know, sad as it is to say, perhaps the Israelis should ignore the French, just as French tend to ignore the world.
Speaker 3: That's good advice there.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you about the Russian Ukraine war prisions. Lensky we know has accepted the USP still and earlier today the White House released details of President Trump's discussions with Vladimir Putin Douglas. Trump is pushing the Russians to agree to an unconditional cease fire, but so far Putin is only ordered his military to adhere to a thirty day cease fire on Ukraine's energy infrastructure.
Speaker 3: Zelenski says he fears the Russians don't want an end to this war.
Speaker 4: Douglas, what do they have to gain by extending this mutually disastrous conflict.
Speaker 1: Well, what Russia has to gain is that they will hope that Western support for Ukraine runs out or runs down, and that they can slowly increment, whether or not during this presidency of Trump's, or whether during a future presidency continue their warrant to take over the whole of Ukraine as they tried to do in twenty twenty two. I mean, it's extremely hard with agreements with people like Putin, not that there are that many, but we have quite a number of dictators in the world now. As always, it's hard to know what that word you can trust, because the obvious thing is absolutely nothing. Zelenski is answerable not just to Western political alliances that are supportive of him, but it also of course has to be having the backing, the support in the end of the Ukrainian public and indeed the Ukrainian army who are fighting on whereas Putin doesn't really have to have anyone's support. It's just himself in his own view, along with a small number of people who around him. And so then you know, you have this sort of thing of well, what if Putin's word can you trust? And I don't think anyone who's ever dealt with him or ever seen the way he deals would think that you can trust Putin very much. The promise not to attack energy and other infrastructure is not a very useful promise from Vladimir Putin, given it that it's one he's given only within recent weeks and promptably done exactly what he said he wouldn't do. He gave another assurance some time ago that the Russians would not attack Ukrainian energy infrastructure, and then the next night it actually, whilst I was there, they did exactly that. So it's extremely hard. President Trump is trying to negotiate a final piece, and I think should be admired acknowledged for doing so. But it's an extremely difficult deal to pull off, and we'll see.
Speaker 3: It is extremely difficult to pullow.
Speaker 4: As you've explained to the UK, You've written about this issue, the attacks on free speech, free expression. The Starma government there wants a working definition of the term islam of phobia. I could help them with that, but I don't think they're going to like my suggestion. You've argued that islamophobia laws are just censorship, another attempt to invent special rights for just one faith group. What do you say to those who argue Britain's Muslims need further protection.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's pretty outrageous for lots of reasons. I mean, one of them is that British Muslims have the same protection as any other citizen in the United Kingdom. You're not allowed to harass or attack or attack pieces of worship or buildings or anything else. And those laws exist for everybody of any faith none. And the problem about this attempt by the Labor government, with a really disastrous former Conservative MP leading it to set up this commission that's going to tie to identify so called Islamophobia, is among other things, is simply not going to work. Nobody's ever been able to satisfactorily define Islamophobia because it's almost impossible. In fact, it is impossible to draw a line between you know, well, among other things, to allow it to remain legal to say anything critical of the religion of Islam, or anything that seems to offend any large Muslim group or indeed any individual Muslim. I mean, when people in the UK, as in other Western countries start talking about his Lamophobia laws, among other things, I really want them to answer the question of why it is they are so obsessed with this non issue of defining an absolute and definable term, and why they don't spend more time, for instance, instead of talking about this fake phobia talking about I don't know, the school teacher in Backley in the North of England who remains in hiding several years after he was accused of blasphemy by local Muslim leaders in the North of England for talking about cartoons of Islam's founder Muhammad. I mean, I wouldn't mind if the government was looking into Backley Grammar School a phobia for its teachers, or the many other things. And how about the I mean, what about looking into why one of our MP's David Amis, was slaughtered by a jihadist. A couple of years ago when he was meeting constituents. I mean, are there more protections that the rest of the population can have against people driving cars into crowd, shouting alo akba and so on. Are we allowed to talk about the intimidation of journalists, writers and others across Europe and citizens, teachers, all sorts of people or are we just going to always have this pandering to a small community that makes itself extremely vocal and unfortunately, as I said in that piece in the Telegraph, has this tendency to say, instead of we are ourselves going to separate out the extremists in our faith from everyone else, instead of doing that, say how can we better protect our faith from any external criticism? I think this is a disastrous to go down and I'm afraid that the government will discover that in due course.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems to be all about submission here. It's pandering and it doesn't end in a good place. I can tell you that from someone who escaped in Islamist country. The pandering leads just to more demands and yeah, and it's bizarre at a time when we've had this explosion in anti semitism in the UK that there's so much focus on his homophobia, so perhaps I don't know, look at where some of that anti semitism comes from.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely, I mean this is this is one of the things is if you identify, for instance, the fact that significant numbers of Islamic hate preachers have a mosques up and down the countries since October seventh preached the most rancid hatred of Jews and encouraged and here we get into the real bit that should be illegal, and she encouraged the violence of terrorists groups like Hanaz. Where do you what says? Do you get to when even highlighting that which isn't highlight enough could, instead of being a legitimate complaint about extremists in a minority faith group be said itself to be a thought crime or a hate crime. They will never wail to work this out, these self appointed phologians, like these idiots and the British government and the former idiot conservative MP. They'll never be able to do it, and they will never be able to draw as final line as they think they can, because such a line does not exist.
Speaker 4: Well said, Now, let's talk about something a little bit more frivolous tonight. We have the Melbourne premiere or preview of Snow White, Disney's latest version of the classic fairy tale, but it's a woke reimagining and Douglas, who wrote in The New York Post that Disney's seems to be quietly terrified of how this project will fare, so much so that they are pretty much hiding the star of the movie, Rachel Zegler.
Speaker 3: And if you want, you'll understand why.
Speaker 10: The original cartoon came out in nineteen thirty seven, and very evidently so. There is a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her.
Speaker 6: Weird.
Speaker 10: Weird, So we didn't do that this time.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Douglas.
Speaker 4: This remake is reportedly to have cost more than two hundred million, and Disney seemed too scared to properly promote this movie.
Speaker 1: It's quite Disney has had a terrible run a bit because it's still as a studio trying to pump out the sort of material which might have been briefly thought to be a good idea in I don't know, the summer of twenty twenty, but really looks horribly dated and actually misreading situation now. I mean, you know, I think I've said to you before reading. But in general, when they do these remakes and they're done by people who hate the original, know the snow White just has to be the woman she knows she can be and the leader she relieves she can be. Maybe you should just invent a different story and call it something different. And Disney seemed to know that they've got another stinker of a movie here. I might be wrong, but they seem to know, rather like they're pretty woke remake of Peter Pan a couple of years ago that bombed at the box office. Disney clearly know that they've got to silence their star, and that's why last week, the huge launch of the film was in the middle of nowhere in Spain, at a castle that was said to have inspired the original cartoon. The castle in question is far away from most people. About one hundred people were invited, which you can't say is the average sort of movie premiere set up I mentioned in my post column. But as well as sending her to a far castle, you can't help thinking that Disney's executives must have been wishing they could also give the start a poisoned apple that would set her to sleep for many years, since she didn't appear in front of the world press again anytime soon, and diminish the movie she's meant to be promoting.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure they have market tested the reaction to Rachel Ziglara and found it to be enormously negative, So we were going.
Speaker 3: To understand why they try to hide her. But you are so right.
Speaker 4: If you want to have this empowering story about a woman who doesn't need a prince to save her, it's all about her career and finding herself whatever, write a new story. Why do you want to trade off the snow white title and then completely change the story that people have loved for generations. Douglas Murray, you and I need to get into Hollywood and just straighten that place out.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your time tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Stelta Come.
Speaker 3: Lefty's Losing ad class. The latest from the US, including the.
Speaker 4: Astonishing rescue mission by Elon Lusks' SpaceX me Horowitz is up next. You're watching the Reader Panney Show, and it's time for Lefties Losing It and brace yourselves. I have an all time great Lefties Losing It clip coming up shortly, But first we've seen actor and Lefty Losing It regular Alec Baldwin have multiple Trump induced meltdowns. We've mocked his antics repeatedly on this segment, but even I felt a little bit sorry for him watching this next clip.
Speaker 3: Watch how this lefty.
Speaker 4: Wife, Hilaria who identifies as Latin but she's actually not Latin. Listen to how she speaks to Alec, her husband.
Speaker 3: This is rough, folks. Winner, God, when I'm talking, you're not talking. No, when I'm talking, you're not talking. This is why.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, Ha's like just cut him out of the show.
Speaker 2: Is great, you're a winner.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, when I'm talking, you're not talking. No, when I'm talking, you're not talking. Oh look at that. Look to cam Rights looks a little bit haunted.
Speaker 4: If that's how she talks to him on the red carpet in front of the media, imagine what's happening behind closed doors. And no wonder he's losing it on a regular basis. Now to geriatric democrat Chuck Schumer, who appeared on the View where his levels of lefty lunacy intensified further to a point where he mocked those who want to keep more of the money they've earned. He mocked those who want to see a reduction in taxes and red tape. Watch this and you'll understand perfectly why the Democrats, Well they're pretty much unelectable, with an approval rating sitting at twenty nine percent.
Speaker 12: And you know what their attitude is, I made my money all by myself. How dare your government take my money from me? Don't want to pay taxes? Or I built my company with my bare hands. How dare your government tell me how I should treat my customers, the land and water that I own, or my employees. They hate government. Government's a barrier to people, a barrier to stop them from doing things. They want to destroy it. We are not letting them do it, and we're united.
Speaker 3: They think they own you.
Speaker 4: They think you wanting to keep more of your own money is somehow selfish, but they taking a chunk of your wages to waste on LGBTQ activism is I don't know righteous to CNN now, where the hosts ask this imbecellic question suggesting Tesla dealerships being five bombed and Tesla is being vandalized is just a form of resistance. Indeed, she wonders whether this is what resistance should.
Speaker 3: Look like like?
Speaker 8: If you are attacking tesla's or dealerships, going beyond vandalism, that that could be an act domestic terrorism. But I do want to ask about this as resistance. Is this what resistance should look like?
Speaker 3: Talking about CNN?
Speaker 4: Here is former anchor and sufferable hysteric Don Lemon, and is that reminiscing here about CNN's golden age during the COVID era.
Speaker 13: The highest point of CNN was during COVID and we had COVID and George Floyd at the same time and Donald Trump, and that was the height. That was the highest ratings, the most profitable of CNN, And so it was amazing to be there. People watched every night and they sort of relied on us because you were stuck.
Speaker 4: Sounds like torture, stuck at home listening to fact free propaganda from CNN about COVID, BLM and Trump. Gosh, now this may be the cringest clip of the week. Watch this man and I used the word man loosely here.
Speaker 3: This lefty thought it was a good idea to film this and post it online.
Speaker 4: I've got to say, bless these clowns, because if they didn't do this, if they didn't volunteer this content.
Speaker 3: This segment wouldn't exist.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just love that the slow motion, the looks to camera. That's a real life David Brent right there. I'm sure that clip is going to terrify megatypes everywhere. Now to more toxic masculinity, this time from MSNBC and Kat Lawrence O'Donnell, who goes on a frankly ludicrous and xenophobic grant about Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: The bigotry here is eye opening.
Speaker 14: Elon Musk does not understand the country where he now lives. Elon Musk would fail by a wide margin a high school ap American history test. He grew up in white South Africa, going to a segregated elementary school in high school where he learned nothing about American history, American law, American free enterprise. Elon Musk is such a bad salesman that he was stupid enough today today to bring even more attention to the latest disturbing challenges the Tesla owners are facing, thanks entirely to Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the world's richest man, a genius who just engineered the return of stranded astronauts from space, is just a dummy who doesn't even understand business.
Speaker 3: Well done, Lawrence. Just brilliant analysis there from you.
Speaker 4: You know, I think I liked you better when you were having meltdowns about hammers.
Speaker 3: This is an all time great clip. Guys, enjoy Stop the hammering.
Speaker 5: Stop the hammering. Stop the hammering out there?
Speaker 2: Who's got a hammer? Where is it? Where's the hammer?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 5: The go up on the other floor. Somebody go up there and stop the hammering. Stop the hammering. I'll go down to the for myself and stop and keep the commercial break going. Call Phil Griffin. I don't care who the fuck you have to call. Stop the hammering. Empty out the control room and find out where this is going on. It's either there or there or out there somewhere.
Speaker 3: That will never not be funny.
Speaker 4: It's there there, It could be all over around there. Did they ever find out who was behind the hammering?
Speaker 3: Now? This next story is astonishing.
Speaker 4: It's so big that I think I'm going to start a new segment called the Golden Age.
Speaker 3: We'll start it next.
Speaker 4: Week because we are at the start of a golden age in America. Earlier today, to NASA astronauts who were stranded in space for more than nine months.
Speaker 3: That were supposed to be there just for a week.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't NASA that rescued them today, it was Elon Musk's space X. It was audacious, it was high stakes, it was magnificence. Let's first hear from the astronauts why they were still in space.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: They thank Elon Musk and Donald Trump for the rescue mission.
Speaker 7: We're coming back before long, so you know, don't make all those plans without me.
Speaker 11: I can tell you at the outset we have all of us have the utmost respect for mister Musk, and obviously respect and admiration for our President of the United States, Donald Trump. We appreciate them, We appreciate all that they do for us or human space flight for our nation.
Speaker 4: And earlier today the rescue mission was completed successfully. The astronauts returned to Earth safely, landing in the Gulf of America of Tallahassee, Florida.
Speaker 7: And splashdown Crew nine back on Earth.
Speaker 3: Copy slash down, We see mein shoots cut nixt Alex Butch Sonny On behalf of SpaceX. Welcome home, Welcome home.
Speaker 4: Indeed, let's bring in journalists and filmmaker Army Horowitz Army. This was an incredible mission to have these two astronauts, Barry Butch Wilmore and Sonny Williams return home safely. It's a triumph for SpaceX, It's a triumph for the Trump administration and for America.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no question. And can someone get that woman a hair tie please? I've been seeing her for a year with her hair up like that. Like, I can't start thinking about that. Laura's or Donald Cliff, Oh my god, we need more cow bells. Oh, it's I can think about. Look, you know SpaceX right versus NASA. I mean, the numbers are.
Speaker 2: So stark, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 15: SpaceX is ten times faster and twice as cheap as NASA. SpaceX has one percent overruns on their projects.
Speaker 2: NASA has ninety percent.
Speaker 15: Okay, and they keep banging on Elon Musk. This is the man who created three industries, not three companies, three industries, and not like three like cottage industries, electronic payments, electric cars, private space industry. This is the guy worked on He might be the most accomplished man in human history, Yet they don't want him running a department in the government.
Speaker 2: This is what the problem is with Democrats reader.
Speaker 3: It is, and it just occurred to me.
Speaker 4: This entire mission just tells you so much about Biden's America compared to Trump's America. All that costs and expenditure, with NASA sending to these two astronauts for a week, having them stressed for close to ten months, Biden administration refusing Elon Musk's help to bring them back earlier because they thought it would be a boost for Elon Musk and Trump if it happened during the election campaign. So it just speaks of the big bureaucracy, waste, inefficiency, in competence.
Speaker 3: And you would think Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: With this achievement and then the others you noted, would be a hero. But among the left he is as hated as Donald Trump. These days, they're attacking Tesla dealerships, they're vandalizing random tesla's. Trump is calling these attacks a form of domestic terrorism.
Speaker 11: Do you consider this an act of dynastic I think, sir, Why, I think that if and when they catch the people, and I hope they do.
Speaker 16: The good thing is they have a lot of cameras in those places, and they've got some already having to do with that I think that you will find out that they're paid by people that are very highly political on the left army.
Speaker 4: The New York Post reports and t Tesla protests, some of them are being fueled by a Democratic mega Dona, whose ex husband is one of their mask's closest pals.
Speaker 3: So that sounds a little bit personal.
Speaker 4: But I'm not suggesting she's behind any of these five bombings or acts of vandalism. But the destruction and the activism that's turned into violenca is quite disturbing and almost reminiscent of what we saw during that Summer of Love with the BLM riots.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it is disturbing, and we're gonna see a lot more of it, unfortunately. Look, the Democrats, there's such two faced hypocrites. It really makes me sick, right, Haiti Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: But they love their billionaires.
Speaker 15: They love their Jeff Bezos and George Soros and Jbi Prisker and Tom Steiers and I.
Speaker 2: Can go on and on.
Speaker 15: Their list of billionaires is long, maybe longer than the Republicans list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're going after yeah, and they're going out for Elon Musk.
Speaker 15: Look, the President used that term domestic terrorism very specifically right, because while there's no actual federal crime for domestic terrorism, thirty three out of the fifty states, in fact, do have it listed as a certain crime.
Speaker 2: And what you're gonna find is you're gonna get a.
Speaker 15: Hefty, hefty sentence if you're convicted under that for the same, essentially the same.
Speaker 2: Offense you're burning a car.
Speaker 15: You know, just on the street. Normally you might get a few months in prison.
Speaker 2: Burn a car because you're trying to make a.
Speaker 15: Political statement and scare people and create terror in your community.
Speaker 2: You might get ten years to life.
Speaker 15: So they're using that very specifically, and I'm all for it, and I think if yeah, the BLM riots, those are all frankly, even on the right, I want to see all if you're committing acts of terror, I don't care if you're from from a jiehattist in the Middle East or you're in the United States, you will pay the price. And I expect them that to happen to.
Speaker 2: These people now.
Speaker 4: Gavin Newsom has ambitions to be resident, but the California governor's reckless economic mismanagement is causing more problems for his homestate. He's now asking for an additional two point eight billion because California's health system has been overwhelmed by illegal immigrants. Army, how can you have his handout for more funding when this problem is entirely self inflicted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 15: Look why the Democrats want to spend money, you know, ultimately what they're looking to create a class of people dependent on the government, who will be an underclass who will always vote Democratic. It's political power, pure and simple.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting. Okay, California. I think a lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 15: Last year California pastor Law saying that medical which is the state Medicare system, will cover illegal immigrants. This is causing the California taxpayer ten billion do extra a year. Right, what's a billion here and a billionaire between friends? Right, soon enough, we'll talking about real money. And the dirty secret, by the way, is this not only costing California taxpayers is actually caught it. It's actually costing federal taxpayers because of this loophole in federal reimbursement for medical So good luck, by the way, continuing to try to pass this burden off the federal taxpayer. With Donald Trump in office and the Republicans controlling the House and the Senate. I think they're gonna find a way to close this loophole very soon. In California, you're gonna be having to carry this burden all on your own. Now, this is a warning for Democrats. I know you're gonna think I'm crazy. You're gonna think I'm unhinged. Wan I tell you this, California is not lost to the Republicans.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not This is the way the political system works.
Speaker 15: It ebbs and it flows, and sometimes ebbs and flows over periods of decades. It truly does. But it can turn around, and I think you're gonna push it to a where California voters are gonna say, enough, we cannot stand this anymore. Okay, and a war should event may in fact be the thirty billion dollars, maybe up to fifty billion dollars that California taxpayers are gonna have to pay for the California wildfires because of democratic and competence. Layered that with all these other budget shortfalls that we're talking about, I think you're going to find that the Democrats not only have a massive problem nationally, but in California and other states as well.
Speaker 4: Either a genius who's picking up a trend before anybody else, or I'm going to say you're crazy, because California is lost.
Speaker 3: In my mind, it's a one party state at.
Speaker 2: The Barbado the former.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's the demographic changes there have been stuck and I do wonder whether it could ever be a republic can state again, given how the demographics have changed.
Speaker 3: But you know what, we'll.
Speaker 4: Wait and see, and if you've called it, I will acknowledge your brilliance. Just on Gavin uism quickly, who is the next leader of the Democrats? They seem to be completely ruddless now, the suggestions that AOC is a potential leader, I mean that would be mad. But you've got political pundits even saying that you seem to have the most extreme, loudest voices who are setting the agenda right now? Who do you see as the next leader who could be a likely presidential candidate for them?
Speaker 15: Look, actually, it at poor surveying Democrats and who they support for the next leader.
Speaker 2: And you said AOC.
Speaker 15: I think you said the kind of almost tongue in cheek, But she's the leader in the compouse right now. She had the largest pre Senate share of Let's not forget by the way, you know how crazy the Democrats are. Biden one denomination and became resident ultimately, but he was losing to Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 2: He was going to lose to Bernie.
Speaker 7: Said.
Speaker 15: He only won because a single congress person influential in South Carolina decided to back him publicly, and that changed the tide for Biden.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we would have.
Speaker 15: Had Comrade Bernie as the head of the Democratic Party, so it was not so crazy. I think these crazy leftists are going to take over the Democratic Party. They've already won the theology of the party, no question about that, So why shouldn't they have political power as well.
Speaker 4: President Alexandria Acasia Cortez, I can't wait to say that it's never going to happen.
Speaker 3: Americans will never be.
Speaker 4: That crazy ever, Amy Horowitz, that give you your time to die. Always a player still to come close to remove a Pride program from the Victorian public libraries.
Speaker 3: Ben mccartha Joints welcome back.
Speaker 4: Joining me now is the Victorian Shadow Minister for Scrutiny of Government, Bev MacArthur.
Speaker 3: Bev.
Speaker 4: We open tonight's program with the explosive corruption allegations involving premierges Into Allen and the Police Minister. Do you believe Police Commissioner Shane Patton and Deputy Commissioner Neil Patterson were sacked because they were honest about the crime crisis in this state?
Speaker 9: Well, Rita, these are very serious, unprecedented allegations that must be investigated fully.
Speaker 1: The government clearly.
Speaker 9: Has a lot of questions to answer, and it's unheard of that such senior former major public servants would launch this pace against the government. So the government really has to come to groups with exactly what they did do. And you know the fact that these two gentlemen have gone to ieback is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Do you have faith that the process in IBACK is going to uncover precisely what happened and with a collusion corruption took place here?
Speaker 9: Well, Rita, we don't have a lot of choice. We have to hope that IBACK does its job properly, fairly, openly, transparently, and of course that's what we'll be calling for. These allegations have to be very thoroughly investigated and we don't need any coat inquiry type activities where I don't recall, I don't remember, I don't do email.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the fear that these inquiries and investigations in Victoria don't often amount too much, and we really don't have a fuller picture of precisely what happened. We'll let this process play out, but certainly crime is a huge issue in this state. What is the Liberal party approach, because we know where the Labor stands on this issue, that have recently pledged to reform and get tougher on crime, but we have seen under Labor just an explosion in crimes like home invasions, car jackings, and so many people no longer feel safe in their own homespav.
Speaker 9: Well exactly, and today or maybe today, but tomorrow definitely in the Upper House we'll be debating their so called tough bail laws. I think these are the bail laws you bring in when you don't want to really bring in the bail laws because they're not really tough. But certainly the Coalition has put up numerous proposals to ensure that Victorians are safe and the bail is only given at the first instance, So this government's not serious about this. These bail laws won't even come into effect quite sometimes, so they're not tough. They could be much better, and we've tried to make them better. We'll try and amend them to make sure it is better, but this government's not serious.
Speaker 4: Now, before you go, BEV, you've established a petition to end the rollout of the Rainbow Libraries Toolkit in Victorian State libraries. This is a Labor Party initiative that provides all sorts of guidance and instructions to library staff.
Speaker 3: Tell me why you're opposing this program.
Speaker 9: Well, last year it was put to me by a number of people that they were very concerned about libraries which come under my portfolio. Basically because I'm also the shadow mians of the local government and local governments largely control libraries. This propose all was being rolled out. Now it's curious as to why it's even needed, because you know, a library's not a welcoming safe place already. Librarians and parents who take their children, they're not capable of ensuring everybody is welcomed and treated properly. It's sort of rather disingenuous to suggest the librarians and need some sort of indoctrination. And so anyway, a constituent author a petition which I happily sponsored. And in our system of democracy here in Victoria, such as it is, if over two thousand people physically sign a petition, it triggers a further debate in the Parliamentally, five thousand people physically signed a petition calling on this toolkit to be set aside. I don't think libraries need to be places of indoctrination. Maybe the money would be better spent on making sure all our children could read, write and add up, and the libraries could be places of quiet reflection, not indoctrination.
Speaker 4: Well, what a concept that would be wonderful, the children reading and writing properly and libraries being stripped of political activism.
Speaker 3: That is a fantastic planning. You're right, I had a good look at this toolkit.
Speaker 4: It is just radical LGBTQ activism masquerading as an inclusive program when it's actually fairly confronting I would say for the majority of the population.
Speaker 3: Bevan MacArthur, always a pleasure. Thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 9: Thanks Reta.
Speaker 3: That's it from me.
Speaker 4: Up Next is Newsnight.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Good night,