Speaker 1: Welcome back to the hot line. Everyone him Matt, Hello, and.
Speaker 2: We're back again for another hot line.
Speaker 1: We are. You're a bit late today.
Speaker 2: What's with that look? I'm going to be honest. Jenna and I have a Moki darling around, so I was spending every moment I could with her. I couldn't take a bye. I kept running in for more kisses and giving her own other kids.
Speaker 1: That's really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she kept staring at me, so I was giving her kisses. But no, it was good to have her around last night, ye, sir. I wanted her to see her one.
Speaker 1: More time before you go to the UK.
Speaker 2: Before I go to the UK. Yeah, so it was a little goodbye. We went out for drinks, but Jen and I were talking. So we're sitting there talking and when we were walking down to get drinks, we're talking about Moka's lack of social skills with other dogs and people.
Speaker 1: Oh so she's only good with you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's a year ago. Actually it was our anniversary as well. I forgot to mention that I met Mocker a year ago, So this was our anniverse.
Speaker 1: Now you and the dog have an anniversary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one ever. Yeah, so we had our anniversary. But when I first met her, she was barking NonStop at me, and then I actually had to bribe her with McDonald's hotcakes. They're her favorite, so I was feeding her them. She's like eating it, walking away, eating it. So now we're best friends.
Speaker 1: But after the hot cake she never turned back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're best friends after that. But she just doesn't mix well with other people because they had her originally during lockdown. She hadn't really socialized with other dogs, doesn't know other people, so like really not well in that situation. So Jen and I were talking and were sitting there and I'm like, I'm like, hey, like this girl keeps popping up in my news feed, in my explore. Her dog is a dash here On the same as moccas. I'm pretty sure she lives in our area. Like, let me message her and let's like tea up a date. Maybe get them.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, like a doggie day, Let's get.
Speaker 2: Them to like socialize. I'm like, because we're like, Maka doesn't handle well with other dogs, but we've never seen her with another sausage dog that looks like her. Maybe she might be you know, a bit more open to.
Speaker 1: That friendship a bit more open minded, yeah it.
Speaker 2: Or open minded to that. So I messaged this girl and I'm like, hey, our the baby should catch up for a playdate. Actually, you know what, I'm gonna actually read out the messages.
Speaker 3: Because read them out I want to know, like exactly what's it?
Speaker 1: Well, because this is unique.
Speaker 3: Like, let me just preface this story by saying that I could be on a phone call to Matt and we're like deep in like business chats, and he'll see a what's the breed of dogs? Ushun a dashount, otherwise known as a sausage dog. He'll see a sausage dog from across the road and he'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, one second, there's a sausage dog.
Speaker 3: I'll call you back, and I'm like, what, Like, the guy used to not even like dogs is now the most obsessed person on the planet, specifically with other sausage dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, like he just said, I grew up without a dog, so I've got no emotional attachment to any dog. I could literally leave or take a dog. They could walk past me, would never stop and pat dog be like so cute. But now that I've fall and completely head over heels for mock and dad. I just love ssage dogs. So all right, so let me read this out, because this message goes from zero to one hundred real quick and gets very awkward and very embarrassing.
Speaker 1: So that I feel like I know where this is going.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I messaged the girl and I say, let's tee up a playdate for our babies. Right. Didn't think I'm seeing there having drinks with my girlfriends, so didn't think anything of it. I was just like, you know, it was set in passing. But as I think about this now, that is a pure slide into the dam.
Speaker 3: That doesn't full of slide in that. But let's I just want to continue, let's hear more.
Speaker 2: But I haven't mentioned that it's a sausage of anything I said our babies. So she's done her research and seen that that sausage dog isn't mine if you actually read my captions. But that's beyond the pope.
Speaker 3: But no one, no one cares to do fucking research on you, Like, no one cares that much. They're like, there's this guy sliding into my dms.
Speaker 1: Like play one.
Speaker 2: She then goes, you are in luck. Franklin loves puppy playdates brackets and so do I huh close brackets.
Speaker 1: I just choked on my coffee.
Speaker 3: You see, Now I'm starting to feel bad for the girl because she's like.
Speaker 2: The secondhand embarrassment gets bad and I go ha ha ha, Well, Moka is a little shy with other dogs, but I think she'll go well with another sausage dog laughing face. We have picked her up from my girlfriend's mum's house, so when best suits you.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on a second before you send that message, are you like clarifying you have a girlfriend because you're like, oh, like this, maybe she's getting the wrong idea.
Speaker 2: No, I was more just stressing that we have her for a Night's your movements.
Speaker 1: Then IDP the girlfriend card there.
Speaker 3: That wasn't like premeditated, because you could see.
Speaker 1: That she was.
Speaker 2: Jen tried to work it in like that, but I just thought of it as like, oh, we've got to stress that we've only called it for a night and tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What are you doing when you said like, oh, Mocka's a bit shy, I think you're gonna say Maka's shy and so am I.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I'm not thinking of this as like a flirtatious thing like she is. And she goes, oh, that's like Franklin. He's a bit unsure with other dogs, but otherwise he's good. And then she goes, Haha, I'm a bit thrown. Where is your mum's girlfriend's house? Is your girlfriend coming to? And then I go, yeah, when mockern playdates blah blah blah, are you in Saint Kilda? Yeah? And then she goes where it tells me where she is, But then it just really zeroed out. She's going to Sitney or something.
Speaker 1: So you got doggy daycare ghosted.
Speaker 2: So she left it. So then Jen was like, oh my god, she probably thinks that you're actually asking her for a day.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you are, like in hindsight, are you like oops, Like probably could have made like the starting opening line a bit clearer, like my girlfriend and I just so you have a sausage jog want to have a hangout.
Speaker 2: Yeah in hindsight, yes, yeah, in hindsight yes, later on, yeah, it was all above board when I sent the original message. I'm sitting there with Jen.
Speaker 3: Yeah of course, but like in hindsight, it's coming across like.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you had a guy in your request you're single, and he goes, let's have it for baby date or whatever I said date. What would you think date? Yeah, so would I Now if I think that a girl said that to me.
Speaker 3: I'm also like, you're not doing research on that person. She probably does she follow you?
Speaker 2: Follow you?
Speaker 3: Well exactly, He's followed blind slid in. So absolutely I feel bad for this girl if she's listening, Matt, apologize.
Speaker 2: Sorry for that. That is very awkward. But I'm still up though for Mocker to meet your dog and have a playdate. But yes, my girlfriend will come. We need to get more with other dogs.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, well look, good luck to Mock. I if you can find a guy with the sausage dog, could be could be a good balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah yes, oh god, Okay, Well, Matt, I'm going to sit next week.
Speaker 3: So I am actually doing a Bully zero talk at TikTok. I'm an ambassador for Bulle zero. As you know, we have a zero tolerance to bullying on this podcast. You know, we've spoken about bullying with a lot of our.
Speaker 2: Guests going on a show, and the repercussion comes off all the bullying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and every single person who we've had on this show. We've asked them the question like have you experienced bullying online?
Speaker 1: And every single person says yes.
Speaker 3: So it's something I'm really passionate about, something that I have zero tolerance towards, and I know you do as well. Like if there's a hate comment that comes up on our socials, it's just a block, Like this is my space, this is my safe space.
Speaker 1: If you're going to bring hateen you will be blocked.
Speaker 2: On the other day, yeah, blocked them straight away. What did they say, vomiting face on a photo of me?
Speaker 1: Bloh oh.
Speaker 2: I actually replied saying, nah, I don't believe in that, something like that. And then and then they kept going and I was like, yeah, you're blocks and I don't have time for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like that's the thing is like we actually don't need to put up with it. We don't need to put our energy into it. At the end of the day, your social media should be a safe space for you. And you know, we're heavy on the blocks here, like if someone's disrespecting you, you're out. But anyway, I was messaging our dear friend Matt, who's actually the producer of Love Island. We met him when we did the show. We've been friends with him for forever. We love him and his beautiful partner Tim, And anyway, I was like reaching out to him because I'm going to be in Sydney. I was trying to like tee up a little dinner date to catch up with them, and he was telling me about the show that he's working on at the moment.
Speaker 2: You brought us up before with me.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, So it's called Back in the Game, and it's basically a show that's trying to get people to kind of dob in their parents.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, they're in.
Speaker 3: Their forties, fifties, sixties, seventies, and they've been single for a while. As we know, fifty percent of marriages and in divorce, so there's a lot of them out there, and it's basically trying to get people together and like, so, what.
Speaker 2: You're saying is help them fall in love. It's for kids to pretty much dob their parents in and say, hey, my mom or daddy single. Yeah, they've dedicated their life to me and my brothers and sisters. I want them to get back in the game. This is what they're looking for.
Speaker 3: Help them, help them out, and like the thing is as well as like obviously parents their superheroes and they dedicate their whole lives to us.
Speaker 1: But then my mom did that exactly, and then.
Speaker 3: What happens when they have their like final youngest child who turns eighteen and then go off into the world and start exploring.
Speaker 1: They must feel really lonely. And your sister just turned eighteen.
Speaker 2: So I was like thinking, like I said, my mom's going through that literally right now as we speak, Emma's going out into the big bad world. She's got a boyfriend now she does. Yeah, so Mom like sits there and she's mentioned multiple times that like, you know, like my girl's gone now, like who do I watch my movies and TV shows with? Like she seems all right though, but like, yeah, she's sad about it, and it must be.
Speaker 3: Lonely going from like a full house of people to you know, an empty nurst and exactly becoming an empty nest. So anyway, Matt the producer was telling me about this show when I was like, mad, we have to get your mom on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you said that before, and look, I reckon, I'll pitch it to mom and be able to meet up with her in the UK. I'm going to pitch it to her and yeah, I reckon that. I'll get her sold on it.
Speaker 3: Just tell her because she came on the podcast and she was like, I never want to date again, Like I'm not open to it at all.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be a hard pitch.
Speaker 2: I reckon, I'd be all right. I'm a salesman, reckon, I sell let's work quite well.
Speaker 1: I mean, you are the golden son. So I feel like if anyone, if she's.
Speaker 2: Hard, when you're the only.
Speaker 3: If she was going to do anything for anyone, she'd probably do it more for you than for her herself.
Speaker 2: And that's and I think that will be a little bit of my pitch as well. You do it for me, Yeah, come on to it for me. It'll be fun. Two reality people in the two reality stars in the family.
Speaker 3: How would you feel seeing your mom dating and you'd actually like, I'm pretty sure you'd see like footage of it and you'd like react. I imagine seeing your mom like on TV, like kissing this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't think i'd be too good with that.
Speaker 1: Look, do you want her to be happy?
Speaker 2: But at the end of that, I was what she's about to say that. I want my mum to be happy, and if she finds a guy that makes her happy, he'll have to go through me. I'll staunch him.
Speaker 4: Will you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you statch Emma's boyfriend, your younger sister's boyfriend when you first met him?
Speaker 1: Do you still?
Speaker 2: I wasn't overly friendly to him, but I was nice enough. I didn't want him feel awkward. I've been in situations where you meet like the girlfriend's family, they've got older brothers. It can be quite awkward, so I took that into consideration.
Speaker 3: I mean it's I guess as an older brother, you want to be cautious of them and you don't want to come on too friendly because you're like, don't fuck with my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Lara said it about Emma the other day. I actually said, it's probably no one's going to be good enough for our little sister, so he's got a big task ahead of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's very mature though. I feel like like she's like a good judge of character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's good. I like him. I don't I have nothing wrong with him unless he fucks her over. Then you have you have to pay the pipe.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have any recommendations this week?
Speaker 2: I do, Anna, I have a very big one. We're old, now, let's not beat around and I'm feeling I'm feeling old. Let's just say that I'm feeling very old. For me to go like, do a run, it's not the same. I don't pull up the same going to gym, I don't. I walked into gym the other day. I literally lifted up away. I'm I'm genuine nearly walk I think I did. Yeah, my whole left shoulder, my whole right leg. That's killing me. And I'm like, shit, what's gotten into me? I'm not the same kid I was. But my recommendation is the sauna. The sauna has been an absolute life save before me. I've been going in there every night. I used to do it every day when I was modeling full time. Really be able to stay in there forty five minutes to an hour. Good for recovery, great for recovery. And that's what I'm saying, just going there and just recover, sweat it out, sweat out all the toxins. And I've been doing stretches and meditating while in there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think close to our house as Emsach and they have a sauna in there and I was thinking about joining there because then they have like a pol sauna, spa everything.
Speaker 2: You don't have one in your apartment book.
Speaker 3: I don't have a sauna, but I do have a pool on my apartment block. Yes, so I can start going for swims now because the weather has finally gotten better, thank god, with a side of the rains, but overall overall it's nice. Look, my recommendation this week is a really simple one. It's something that you can do anywhere. We love reading. I know that you are looking at getting books for your trip away, but I have been obsessed with this book at the moment. I've posted it on my Instagram story actually a couple of times, and when I actually posted it, everyone was like all about it, like people who have read it love it. So if you love a romance novel, this is definitely the one for you. It's called Love on the Brain by Alie Hazelwood.
Speaker 1: There's actually a couple more.
Speaker 3: Books written in a very similar way, so definitely check that out.
Speaker 1: You won't be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, like you said, I want to start reading, so maybe like.
Speaker 1: It might be a bit girly. But you did say that you were looking at getting some books.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, so I got recommended, come the menoir, memoir, memoir, Come the menoir, memoir, memoir, A menoir mem whah mem Okay, I got recommended, come a memoir. Have you heard that book?
Speaker 3: I've not heard it, but I mean if the title has come, I'm sure it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you want to elaborate?
Speaker 2: It's someone that worked as a sex worker. Very interesting. It goes into her life story. So I'm going to pick that one up on the way home now and read it on the plane.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can give it to me after you get back from the UK and we can do like a trade off of books.
Speaker 2: It won't be finished.
Speaker 1: You're so reader, she whiz.
Speaker 2: I think reading Arnold Schwartz and his biography since year A ten.
Speaker 1: I know what though, I'm actually not a fast reader.
Speaker 3: Like I love to like take my time and joy and if for like one second my brain kind of like goes off with the fairies, I'll literally like reread everything to make sure that I am the information.
Speaker 2: And I have been kissing jen Off as well with that because if I doze off or like go out with the zone out with the fairies while we're watching something, I'll rewind it. And she's like, are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 1: That's annoying with the movie. If you're watching a movie with someone else, you can't be.
Speaker 2: Doing that's just remote from me because I'm just going to miss that. I do that too, all right, should we get into the hotline, Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Hello, you've reached Anna and that we can't get to the phone right now, but please leave us a message on our hotline after the beat.
Speaker 2: So and we put a feeler out on our Instagram during the week asking people to send in their worst first date stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had a lot of them. We've shared them with you guys on the pod and we will. We want to hear from the fam and see what they've been through. So we've got a first one now.
Speaker 2: This one comes in from m.
Speaker 5: Hey, Anna and Matt love the pod and congrats on the engagement. Anna. My worst date story is once I had a guy drop me home after dinner and he was full driving, doing one hundred and thirty kilometers in an eighty zone and I asked him to slow down. He pretty much like ripped a mini burnout, and so I started crying and I made him pull over and I got out on the main road and he drove off. I felt super unsafe and it was the worst date ever. So safe to say he did not get a second.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm like traumatized hearing that. How awful.
Speaker 2: And it just gives guys a bad rap, doesn't it, Like like that's just fuck with vibes.
Speaker 3: That's so ego driven as well, like slow the fuck down and you could kill someone. And also like you're definitely not getting laid with that type of behavior.
Speaker 2: He could have done really well. He could have driven a home which is polite and gentle and like and stay to the speed limit like every other Laura abiding citizen. Yeah, got her home and maybe you know, got laid. Yeah, do you reckon? He's over compensating for something. Sounds like, okay, it safe to say I have never sped with a girl in the car ripped to burn out because.
Speaker 1: I don't need He sounds like a loser.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just think don't make people feel unsafe, and especially the fact that like, okay, he's done the wrong thing, and she's been like please slow.
Speaker 2: Down, yeah, and then the right thing by saying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like good on you for like sticking to your boundaries. Like I mean, it's like everyone's boundaries because we all want to remain safe in a moving vehicle. But the fact that he was just so willing to just drop her off on the side of the road in the middle of god knows where not okay behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, block him on everything, don't ever talk to him again.
Speaker 1: He's crash, non recyclable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's done, all right. This next one comes in from.
Speaker 6: Jess Hianna and Matt's Jess here. So I've got a terrible first date story for you. So a couple of years ago, I went on a date with a I met on Hinge. We went out to dinner to just this like pub, and the entire time during dinner he just bitched about his ex, like, oh constantly, the entire time. I could barely get a word in, so huge red flag obviously. And then after dinner we just went for a walk and while we're on the walk, he facetimed his mum and didn't tell me he was going to do it, just brought up FaceTime and I was like, oh, who are you calling? And he's like, I'm calling Mummy. I thought you'd make Mummy to meet her. So yeah, safe to say I did not see that gentleman again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, poor Jess. This guy's not well.
Speaker 2: I made was that me?
Speaker 1: That's like can relate.
Speaker 2: It's funny though. The first date Jen came on actually when we went back to mind and my sister facetimed me for some reason and I put Jen on, but we were all pierceed. It was I could drink up at my house. It's a little different, little different.
Speaker 3: Now, don't go on a first date if you're not over your ex, and if you're still not over your ex, put a ban on yourself, Like you're not allowed to talk about your ex on a first day.
Speaker 2: Have you ever spoken about your X on a first day?
Speaker 1: Very briefly?
Speaker 3: Like if someone asks me a question like when was your last relationship, I'll be like, oh, five months ago.
Speaker 1: But then I'll like move on, Like I don't think you should go into detail about.
Speaker 2: Your agg Would you not get many questions about like Josh on dates? Obviously because it's in the public eye. I got a real.
Speaker 3: If people did, I would very quickly move them on, Like, at the end of the day, a conversation is a two way street, like if you're relishing in all of your ex stories, like I just think it's it's an ick.
Speaker 2: What would you do if a guy facetimed mummy while he was on a first.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she's just calling him a mummy's boy or if he was actually like I'm calling mummy.
Speaker 2: To meet her. This is going so well, meet mummy.
Speaker 1: That's a full blown red flag.
Speaker 2: Oh that's yeah, that's there's a.
Speaker 1: Mummies boy, which we love.
Speaker 3: Like if a guy treats their mum, well, that's like a yes, that's a strong guess.
Speaker 1: But when they're calling mummy on a first date, that's a.
Speaker 3: No, Like, we don't need to meet your mum, Like I don't even know if I like you yet, Like give me five dates to work out.
Speaker 2: Whether I want to meet your parents.
Speaker 1: You're even a guess, Like you don't need mummy's approval. If I'm a yes, you're not at this point.
Speaker 2: Man, Some guys out there, I just don't get it. Okay, So our next worst first date story wanted to stay anonymous, so if you want to stay anonymous. You know it's going to be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it's a good story.
Speaker 2: You know it's going to be juicy.
Speaker 4: Hey, Matt and Anna, for who to I have a first date horror story for you. So I went on a date with this guy and I told him about five times prior to meeting him that I was vegetarian. Tonight me so he went for a walk, which is lovely, and then he invited me back to his house to meet his roommates and to have steak night with them. So nothing in the house for me to eat, Like we're talking frat house vibes, only condiments in the fridge and pantry. He then turned to me and told me had to order my own ubar eats, which I've got. This is actually I was just absolutely shocked that I was invited for dinner and there was none there for me to add insult injury. I then had to stand in the kitchen and watch mean his mate to punch their steaks with their fists, like trying to flatten the meat or something beat meat on top of it. Just to top off the night, he was making meat related joke saying I can't believe you watch me beat my own meat on our first date. Anyway, ironically calls me magical date girl. First half of the date was amazing. I'll give him that. I'm sorry for throwing you under the bust, babe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you know she was doing that?
Speaker 2: I had no idea I actually did it.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Do you know what's so fucking funny about that? I love it? Number one, how she's remained. Could you not recognize her voice? Wasn't eat?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't expecting it. That's fine.
Speaker 3: What's so funny is Matt for the past year has jumped on this podcast and talked about how magical and beautiful that first day was.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Jen has a totally different story.
Speaker 2: I'm a speechless I didn't expect that tooche, babe, do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Producer Alex has reached out to Jen and been like, Jen, we need to do this.
Speaker 2: I get yeah, fucking well done to eyes that got me. I didn't expect that. I actually didn't.
Speaker 1: So wait, let's just wait.
Speaker 2: So she asked me before I left if I know any of them? I said, nah, we listened to him firsthand. No wonder she asked that question before I left.
Speaker 3: So wait, so you're like beating this steak to like make it flat, right.
Speaker 2: Well, if okay, let's set the scene. I'm this is okay. So this is probably the side of the story that no one's heard of my magical date with.
Speaker 1: Jen, which wasn't apparently so magical.
Speaker 2: So I messaged, so obviously a message happened during the week and I said, Hey, we're having steak night Saturday night, and she's like, well, I'm vegetarian and we've already teed up with my roomies for it was yeah, we're not gonna you know, I'm canceling on that. So she came back, We've obviously got these big, beautiful looking steaks.
Speaker 1: With no condiments. Apparently in the cupboard.
Speaker 2: It was just steaking. That's how we ate him, just steak. And then yeah, I did beat my meat, and I was like, ah, are you watching beat my meat?
Speaker 1: God, you can't make jokes like that. Well, I men, you can, it's obviously.
Speaker 2: Worked for you. And then I don't Yeah, I think I don't remember saying order your own.
Speaker 1: You made her order on Uber eats. That's pretty bad. That's it sounds like you though, like I'm not gonna lie. That sounds like something you do. You could have offered to get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry about that, babe. Look I'll make it up to you. And that's some Yeah, that's fucking hilarious. I didn't see that coming. I actually didn't.
Speaker 3: Jen's voice is so beautiful, Like I love hearing her on the podcast, and I know that on our Facebook group everyone is absolutely fanging to meet Jen as in like to get her on pod, and I reckon that's like the first step. The fact that she's been able to be a part of our hotline EP, Like, surely she needs to come on now, Jed, We really want to have you on.
Speaker 2: Yes, please, babe, throw me under the bus some more those stories. That was actually hilarious.
Speaker 3: So good, okay, guys, Well, thank you for listening to our hotline EPs. You guys have been loving them. We have loved interacting with you. It's so much fun. Keep on top of our socials because we want more of your stories. We want more interaction. We're loving hearing how wild your relationships and dating lives are.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, till next time as well. If you have a voice memory, you want us to hear or play on the podcast, Please send it to Where's your Head out pod at gmail dot com and our producer Alex will be in touch with you guys.
Speaker 3: Until next time, guys, Bye bye,