Speaker 1: We got get every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: It's a huge, huge announcement yesterday at the Port Adelaide Football Club. There is a coaching succession plan officially in place and who better to talk about it? He joins us in the room the Port Adelaide chair.
Speaker 3: Please welcome the great David Kosh to the studio.
Speaker 2: Good writing with my cologne on? Yes on my face? Can you put your hand on your hard cotch? Because we had a conversation yesterday and it was revealed that perhaps when you were a younger gentleman and you're trying to really really impress when you're single, the claim would go on the face, maybe a couple of squirts on the crotch, just to make sure you're covering your bases. You're not in that category. You're not going to join us.
Speaker 4: On due violin working class Port Adelaide, young blokes. I never put it down there, but I must say, blokes in the gym after a our head drying than near the regions to get dry.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That's that's well, that's that's weird town. Yeah, that is extremely weird. I don't know what's weird that itself or you watching it I don't.
Speaker 5: Change.
Speaker 2: Where is this happening? By the way, this is not happening to Port Adelaide.
Speaker 6: Change change, go to the young blugs are doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeh, that's weird mate. Obviously an historic day, yes, stay for Port Adelaide. It was such a big moment. I think it was something that was floated by the advertised about a week ago. It felt like it was the right time. It's a big, big move. How's it all unfolded? Twenty four hours later? How's it I settled? It's settled exactly as we thought it would.
Speaker 4: And over the last year eighteen months it would have heard Ken and I regularly. So Josh Carr has all the attributes to be a senior coach and we hope he becomes a senior coach of Port Adelaide. So we haven't steered away from it. We're a club that likes to promote within, develop within our chief executive, We developed within our head of high Performance, developed internally. We're the only AFL club that has a development coach specifically for coaches to develop all of our coaches and we know what we're getting at. The profile we wanted was a first time coach. We didn't want an experienced coach who'd been at another club. AFL history shows that young coaches coming in taking over get good success.
Speaker 2: Mitchell McCrae all of that.
Speaker 4: So we looked around and we know most of the assistant coaches and he had. We produced a number of them, and Josh's by far the best that we've say.
Speaker 3: No stranger to criticism Ken Hinckley unfairly a lot of the time, every single time things have gone pear shape, sat Ken all that sort of.
Speaker 4: But see, my job is to ignore that. My job is to understand there's a lot of emotion in this game. And after Brisbane you can boo and your sack and then the week week after, two weeks after flogged the Swans and end up second. Ken deserves an enormous amount of respect and he's been such a trooper for our club and has helped develop Josh along the way quite openly with the with the gays or the guys of him becoming a future senior coach. He's that sort of blike.
Speaker 3: I'm going to quite unashamedly wipe my hands at this next question, because is your mate Cane Corns you work with him at SCM for many, many years, so you can bring in this piece of from your friend Cane.
Speaker 2: Corn Well, of course I know you're a big fan of Channel seven years. See you might have watched this night last night.
Speaker 4: I like Kane a lot. In fact, doing Eddy his son's podcast, I saw that.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I really my ready young bloke trying to give it a go on a podcast I've been on before, and he sort of bring a few days ago. Yeah, yeah, thinking it could be an interesting day to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Did say this. I do like Caine a lot and or he's quite insightful.
Speaker 1: You might have to this.
Speaker 7: Josh Carr has been announced as Port Adelaide coach for season twenty twenty six. What are my thoughts? What my thoughts are? It automatically rules out put Adlaid for any shot of the premiership this year, clearly not changing coach before the start of the season if you think you're going to win the premiership, So don't even consider Port Adelaide fans that they are a chance this year.
Speaker 2: Question his thoughts on that? Put your shirt back on Cane. He's big, though, isn't he?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I was not as big as Chad.
Speaker 6: That his older brother, and I think, you know, psychologically, there's a bit of damage that came in with this comparison with Chadspers, which he will never get to that.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, I thought Caine new Port Adelaide better than that. The least amount of games that Ken has has won season is ten. The lowest we've ever been is ten.
Speaker 2: We ban the word rebuild.
Speaker 4: Rebuild is an excuse for failure. That's not changing. Our past mark has always been to make finals, to give ourselves the best shot for ultimate success, and that's not going to change either. And in a comment like that from Kin sort of shows that he doesn't really know us. It's not the Port Adelaide way to do that, it's not the Ken Hinckley way to do that. And remember Ken and Joshua working together in exactly the same way last year and we finished second in the home and away and made a preliminary. So Kin, have a good look at yourself and put your shirt on.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we've just got a text here from Eddie Corns. It says we still want for this podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, it is always entertaining and such a privilege and in order to have you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having Please welcome Cane Corns to the studio.
Speaker 2: Now you bit of a mess this morning, it's all happening. What happened last night?
Speaker 1: Flat flat?
Speaker 2: Don't bring me into this.
Speaker 1: Where you jumped to my defense? Please? Am I mess this morning?
Speaker 2: Can confirm? Now you look lovely.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's because I didn't take off my makeup from last night.
Speaker 2: I didn't go straight through, so you actually the same makeup from last.
Speaker 3: Night's strategic because if you're going to get your makeup done, you may as well make it last two maybe three days?
Speaker 1: Am I right? Mollyeah? Thank you? So I will have you know.
Speaker 3: I did not have one drink last night, and I drove to the event, so shut the hell.
Speaker 2: Oh my very goodness, what event so much did you go to?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I only went because my husband was super keane, So the live golf welcoming.
Speaker 1: Party I was on last night.
Speaker 3: Guys like you could have come with you want if you wanted to ever leave the house.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't let me in with my socks and crocs.
Speaker 1: That's so tough.
Speaker 3: I did have a moment though, because they have like this big red carpet when you walk in, and so I saw to my left. You know how, on TikTok and on Instagram there's guys that do like all these really funny videos about footy or whatever. And I saw two of them and I was like, do you know what I'm gonna I like it when people say nice things to other people about their work. So when I was like, oh my god, I love you guys. You guys are so good and anyway, they're like, oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's really kind. And then my husband walks over and I was like, babe, babe, but this is chos chat. This is chos chat from.
Speaker 3: The internet, and he goes, Nope, it's Marmalade, but thank you. Anyway, I could say it's six o'clock.
Speaker 1: He was so pissed off.
Speaker 3: He was like so angry that I got the wrong sort of website.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, he's shitty.
Speaker 2: So it's the boys from Marmalade. Yeah, are you sure? Very late?
Speaker 3: One of them one of them was a bit like oh good, thanks, but the other one then turned around and said, is Hazy coming tonight?
Speaker 1: And I was like, he doesn't come out of the house.
Speaker 2: Very talented boys to the marm laid Boys, Checkers and Trey. Yeah, very very talented stuff, and I'm not sure they're no over listeners anymore. Thanks Joe's thanks for representing us out in bubblic.
Speaker 3: Well, he certainly didn't return the compliment and say I love your breakfast radio show.
Speaker 2: So whatever you love him to say, no worries, have a fantastic day, Beck Morse.
Speaker 1: The following segment.
Speaker 8: Content graphic language, and nothing you'll see is easily offended.
Speaker 1: Well, you're about to find out just how easily your father.
Speaker 2: He's on your money, Jody, and I say, I love this because do you know what, Jodes, I like seeing you be yourself.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a chance for you to really shine and be yourself in this space.
Speaker 3: If there's some suggestion in that statement that you think that I'm.
Speaker 2: Dirty, a bit of a dirty bed, quite seriously, though, it is a chance for a dirty best Oh, captain dirty bird, Charles Rus just be a little bit wis scathed a bit blue before we straighten up after seven o'clock, I go on for your joes. What about this? A woman over in the UK, this story is resurfacing, has come up with a solution for when she's not in the mood for a bit of in between this sheet's action with her husband. Let me take you through this particular dynamic details. She's twenty three, friend, why are you writing it down? She's twenty three, he's twenty eighth. They have a mismatched sex drives. We'll give you the hot tip. She's twenty three and she can't match him, and it's not going to get better.
Speaker 3: No, all right, Oh you wait til the kids come into the picture. I hope you man, And then you're working full time, and then no one puts away the dishes, and then your husband's annoying.
Speaker 1: You will never have sex again.
Speaker 2: Kids can be described as sexual handbrakes. Yes, verty much. She has introduced a lookerlike sex dole into the relationship. Brilliant, well done. There you go, a look alike sex dole. So let's just say this girl is she's blonde with big boobs. So too does the sex dole. It is blonde and has big boobs. Right, there's a lot of questions come from this, is there? Can it be like a bit of a jealousy situation? Is it like a form of cheating? She doesn't care because old horny mcrabbit over there is just getting it on with the dole instead of her, and she doesn't want to touch him. So does everyone win? Are there losers?
Speaker 3: What happens if you walk in on your partner having relations with the sex doll?
Speaker 2: How very odd? Yes? Yeh, very good question.
Speaker 1: And then she's like, hang on, if you're me, you're not doing.
Speaker 2: It right, spot on, That's not what I do. And he's like, yeah, that's the point. So what about this? The dole costs about three thousand dollars And if you think that's not the kicker here, it is. So this particular couple have left their respective jobs now and now they make only fans with the doll. So not only was it a solution to his lahr levito, she's into it and now they are professional only fans.
Speaker 1: Is wow? That story of the toys students? Goodness?
Speaker 2: There's always the question will she be into it? Yes, she's into it now it's her career.
Speaker 3: Well, if Kara is listening this morning, she knows what she's getting you for your birthday.
Speaker 2: Have you spoken to Gara? Because I'm not a man who's good at reading things, but if I could tell you one thing she ain't going for.
Speaker 5: This coming up with name.
Speaker 2: You didn't say anything. Is she going to go for this?
Speaker 1: He's to say, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to divulge the private conversations that I have with your wife.
Speaker 1: Certainly not.
Speaker 2: Okay watch this space. Yes, I'm going to be a little bit surprised on Friday.
Speaker 5: I doubt it.
Speaker 8: It's just another event, making Adelaide the best city in the.
Speaker 4: World, golf's biggest sleep.
Speaker 8: Alex Gus has been swinging club since thirteen, going on to win three PGAs.
Speaker 9: Learning all the things that I learned out in this little backyard, trying to hear those on the PGA Tour, and still doing it the same way.
Speaker 10: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 8: It was also last year's individual Live Golf winner, taking home four million dollars to win.
Speaker 9: This event is really special and I can't say enough good things about the fans and the golf course and the whole experience.
Speaker 8: Please welcome golf superstar in our city's biggest fan, Brendan Steel.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Brendan.
Speaker 10: Hi, how are you going.
Speaker 1: We're so good? How are you going?
Speaker 3: Welcome to Australia, Welcome to Live Golf. It's golf, but louder.
Speaker 10: I'm doing great. I love being here. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: You should love this place because we love you, and you love the course and you love everything about it because you won it last year. What was that like?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's been very good to me, you know. It was just it was such a fun week. I had so much support from the fans out here. It was really unlike anything that I've ever seen before, and it was really special to be and then obviously good enough to just pull off victory at the end. So anytime you do that, it's really special.
Speaker 3: You want four million dollars this year, I want to know do you blow that all at once or do you whack it in the bank account and save it for a rainy day.
Speaker 10: I try to save it as much as I can, and I kind of leave it up to my wife to blow as much as she wants to.
Speaker 3: Well, So you have something in common with our hazy here because his wife controls his finances as well, and he gets an allowance in every way.
Speaker 1: Is that how it works in the steelhousehold as well?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just listened to whatever my wife says.
Speaker 2: I've got a feeling, Brendan that your allowance is a bit better than mine. I'm just going to be where don't live golf. This thing's crazy. Could you imagine when you jumped over that it would get received by this and it would create such a different atmosphere and a different style that so many people would embrace.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean obviously this is what we hoped for and it kind of makes sense in Australia right because I just love your sport here and to have the team, to have a ripper team and then have all the Australian stars, it's just massive. So the support that we get from the fans is really unrivaled across the world and makes it for our marquee event and we're just so excited for the week to be back here.
Speaker 3: A lot of people bring out their families. Brendan and I know you've got a daughter. We were going to offer her free tickets to the Big Wedgie If water Park, but you haven't brought her out. How did that go down?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, she's in school unfortunately, but we'll definitely take you up on that. At some point I would love to get her back here and she'll be upset that she doesn't get to go to the wall park for sure. That's one of our favorite things to do.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, mate, that's slug and the International Golf was I come for live golf, they stayed for the big widges. People always said that he also behind the scenes. Can we talk about you as an actor? What's you made your acting debut in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I'm surprised you didn't see that. One episode of Bone they had an episode that was about a miniature golf murder and the writer of the episode wanted to make it show how serious this miniature golf event was by having pros show up and sign up for the miniature golf tournament.
Speaker 1: We've got pot put here as well.
Speaker 3: Brendan, I want to ask you about the watering hole, and obviously you want to live golf. We had an epic hole in one. It was absolutely people went absolutely coco bananas. When you line up for your shot on that whole, I think it's the seventh Is it playing on your mind or is it just like any other hole?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean making a hole in one there would be absolutely ridiculous. But just trying to hit a good shot there is tough. You know, it's loud. You want to hit a good shot, you got the adrenaline going so and you really want to show the fans a good shot. You don't want to be hitting a bad shot and having them to be disappointed with your boody or anything like that. So you've got a little extra pressure there for sure. But anytime you can hit a good one there, it's very rewarding point.
Speaker 2: Not speaking of Holland once, which I'd imagine he is one of the best feelings you get in sport, we were on saying what it was just a few months off, you want to leave golf last year? Did you hit an albatros st?
Speaker 10: I did, Yeah, the first one in live history at Greenbrier last year.
Speaker 2: What's that lock?
Speaker 10: It was pretty great. I mean it was two hundred and eighty seven yards and obviously not expecting to make it from there, but hit a really good shot and then it landed and went kind of right in and the fans went absolutely crazy. So I knew by the reaction of the crowd that it had gone in. But pretty ridiculous shot, Brandon.
Speaker 3: There are people listening in that don't know golf that are thinking you hit a shot, and he actually physically hit an albatross that was flying across the cour.
Speaker 1: Brendon, thank you so much for joining us this morning. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I want to ask this question Sunday night, Fisher, the tournament's over, who in your team is most likely to cut sick on Sunday night?
Speaker 10: Definitely Andy Ogletree. He's the young back of our team and he will definitely be there having a good time.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. All right, we'll write that name down and we'll keep an eye on him seeing exactly what he gets up to. Mate, thank you so much for your time. Enjoy Adelaide and hopefully you can go back to back.
Speaker 10: Yes, thank you guys so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Good Live golf this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Grange Golf Club. Tickets still available for the weekend at livegolf dot com. Yes, Battle of the Bank is a chance for you to choose music with a bit of a twist this time around. So what we do is we go to a specific years a year generator and then we've got six songs to choose from blindly.
Speaker 3: Yes, So it's almost like the voice where we have to hit our button and turn our chair when we hear a song that we that picks our interest.
Speaker 2: I'll be Delta Gudroom. You can be gacebast in this space.
Speaker 1: Okay, Delta very good, got a few dance moves.
Speaker 5: This very good?
Speaker 2: All right, So producer Flak is ready to go hit this little button for us. Flag what we got here?
Speaker 5: We got.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I think I was pregnant or mind you, I was pregnant for the better part of a decade.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true. Who knows good be pregnant? Now you don't.
Speaker 1: Definitely not pregnant?
Speaker 2: Can I just say? Everyone knows the year where they were in their absolute best nick of their life?
Speaker 1: Oh, is in physic physically?
Speaker 2: I think everyone knows strongest I'd like to look at physically in the weights room. For me, it was twenty ten. Wow, I have never been better nick than I was in twenty ten. I was at my absolute prom.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'll be the judge of that.
Speaker 2: Do you have any photos possibly?
Speaker 1: What what you want to see?
Speaker 2: Photos of him with those.
Speaker 1: Shirt on and if he's going to talk the talk, it needs to walk the walk.
Speaker 2: Do I have some photos?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: My gosh, Yes, you're very confident about twenty ten. You've been the best Nick good. It's been downhill from there though.
Speaker 3: That's a problem, like what was the best year of your life in terms of being a good Nick?
Speaker 2: It's probably going to be twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, three years, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty lazy, twenty nine.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: So should we get stuck in this first song?
Speaker 11: Remember you have to choose one, and if you get to the end and you haven't chosen one, you just get the last song.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Here we.
Speaker 5: Go, no.
Speaker 1: Less us. I lost with six, so I god, I was gonna win it.
Speaker 2: So no, okay, jes six interesting g six gets past? Alright, should we go again? I'm out?
Speaker 5: I'm out? No, No, okay?
Speaker 3: Hey wow, I feel like this water comes to down in the cannabis.
Speaker 5: That's a good song, anyone know? Alright?
Speaker 2: That is song three? Wrote the song four. I prostra san.
Speaker 5: You shue.
Speaker 2: He's wely got two songs after this? Alright, Joe, he goes well done.
Speaker 11: Jody chooses Duck Sauce Barbara streisand as her Battle of the Banging for this week.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask you as well your top five Duck Sawce songs? All right? So, I got two songs left. Now the press is on. Now I know I should have gone duck sauce, All right, next song and turn me on. No, So this song six, so I have to go with this. So that is the rules.
Speaker 11: Jody has her song. Whatever this next song is, is your song.
Speaker 2: The temper Trap? And oh my gosh, all right, well I don't have a choice anyway, so I was always going to celebrate, right, I'm happy with that though, the tempera trap.
Speaker 11: Vote now on the Jody and Hazy Instagram Battle of the Bang, is Jody your.
Speaker 3: Song farbrostreisant by peaking Duck.
Speaker 2: At least time an excuse not to know the music? And Hazy your song Sweet Disposition the temper Trap?
Speaker 3: What do you want from me? Is a good song?
Speaker 2: You missed it too late?
Speaker 1: I mean this.
Speaker 3: Do you know what this competition feels like? When you have an argument with someone and then you walk away and then two hours later you go, I shut it, wake.
Speaker 2: Up in the middle of the night at Jody and Hazy get voting.
Speaker 3: I humiliated myself at the Chemist.
Speaker 1: There you go there, I said it.
Speaker 2: Well, good on you for putting on the chemists. It was just a general statement.
Speaker 3: I went into Priceline the other day Avenues, as I always do, to get whatever essential needs I might require at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think this is a folk No, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Went into the Chemist and I collected some shingles cream because I'm still watching.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, remember.
Speaker 1: When you singles? Remember?
Speaker 3: Do I remember? It was nearly the first fatal case of shingles of all time, and I've still got it. So I still have to get this cream because it still hurts.
Speaker 2: It's hard to notice it now. You got to look for it because.
Speaker 3: The cream is working. I'm sure you've been in this predicament before, Andrew Hayes. Anyway, So I was in the Chemist and I went to the counter and I paid for my goods, handed over my heart earned from a shingles cream. They put it in a packet and that was that. And then I was about to exit the chemist. I walk off and they go joney, and I was like, oh, what have I done?
Speaker 1: So I come back.
Speaker 3: She goes, oh, card declined, because you know, when you can't afford to pay for shingles cream, it's a cost a living crisis, right anyway, So redid that and in the meantime, another woman came up to the counter and she goes, oh, I know that face.
Speaker 1: She goes hello, and I said hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: She goes, oh, I listen to you guys every single morning.
Speaker 1: I play Birthday Payday. So we're having a nice.
Speaker 3: Old chat and was really lovely anyway, So the conversation wound.
Speaker 1: Up and I walked away, picked up my bag and out I went from the chemist and.
Speaker 3: Then I hear it again, Jody, Now, what what have I done now? And so I walked back in and the price line lady very politely goes, did you just take that lady's medications? I picked up her bag as we were chatting, and then I'm like, oh, I'm so sorry. I'll give it back, but hang on a minute. Maybe we can do a medication swap. What's in yours? And she goes, oh, it's just migrain, like like migrain tablets for that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, I've got shingles cream. And she's like, now let's just keep our.
Speaker 2: Owes important mess that as well.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: Kids aspire to be a radio star, you'll end up with shingles and you'll have absolutely no money and you'll start stealing from chemistry, Joe, do you want to talk about Drew Barrymore?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, please? What about this?
Speaker 3: So she says she can't control how closely she sits beside her talk show guests.
Speaker 2: She wants to. I think it was up to Drew, she would climb up all inside them, just hang out inside their mouth.
Speaker 3: So she's known for leaning in as close as possible while in a conversation, and she's admitted she's tried to stop after getting some really truly awful feedback. So they do what they call in the industry perceptuals, like what do you think of Drew?
Speaker 1: What do you think of her show? And she said it was horrendous.
Speaker 3: But she said she's been practicing and she's pledged to physical distance herself with her guests in twenty twenty five, but she said it's not going well.
Speaker 2: Good stuff to her. We got much closer than that at certain points too, Bit you.
Speaker 3: Did, Yeah, But she's saying she worries about her breathing fresh when she gets so close to her guests as well.
Speaker 1: It's a common worry for everyone.
Speaker 2: I think that's a big thing. I'm just I'm quite fascinated in this space that it just feels like we completely forgot about COVID, didn't we. Yeah, you weren't allowed to be in the same state as another person exactly. And now Drew is all up in your face, all up in your business, hanging out inside your nostrils, like, get out of that drug?
Speaker 3: Do you worry about your breath? When I was at a function last night and I was like, ah, you know what I mean, because it's really loud in there.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? But it's my biggest fear, is it all? I think about a lot of my thoughts during the day. Do I have good breath or not? Because I brush my tongue aggressively each and every day. My wife's like, no, no, I think you're doing damage. Oh, but my big fear is because when I smell bad breath on someone, it staves with me forever, even if I've known them forever or it's just a chance meeting. If they've got bad breath, that locks into my brain. Oh, by the way, that person has bad breath, and I don't forget it.
Speaker 1: You look at me really intently, and now I'm worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you cover your mouth? Kidding. Do you know what. No, I'll say this. I'll say this. Joke's and this is a danger as well, because we see each other at like five o'clock in the morning. I've never smelt bad breath. Well, that's good, because that's a nice thing.
Speaker 3: I'm as paranoid as you are, right, but I can say to you you've never had bad breath.
Speaker 2: No, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your pits, however, oh.
Speaker 2: My very goodness, that's fine. I'm comfortable with that, just as long as my breath is nice and fresh.