Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gaddigaul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: Wow, Quick Quick Quick Quip, Hello Week Quim.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Quick Whip everybody, and thank you to seven eleven sponsoring this quick Whip, not the quick Whips getting sponsored when we started the Quick Whips that one night in Vegas. Who knew we'd be sitting here. I just wanted to get your thoughts and feelings on me doing a solo episode on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it was fine. I listened to it. I loved it good. I listened all the way through.
Speaker 2: Lovely you know what I will say, It was so random. I was honestly like, I would hate to host a podcast by myself. You do big business episodes by yourself sometimes, Oh I would hate that. I would hate it. Would Yeah. I really struggled, like feel the sound and I just was like, oh, I'm sick of talking, which is the first time I've ever thought.
Speaker 3: Its way nice that I have someone talking back. But I think it depends what you're talking about. Like I find doing big business easy because I'm like talking about something that I know a lot about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like sharing information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: So much just like talking about myself the whole time. What.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I literally just got an email of a sales report for the Encore tour. Yeah. Should we go through it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got chills.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I don't want to look yet, because obviously in the quick whip, wait, was that a quick whip?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was in the quick whip that I did by myself that was announcing the Encore tour for the Bringback Glamor tour. Yay, everyone get your tickets plays. Although we might I did have a sneak peak the other night, yeah, but we didn't do a full sales report. This is my first full sales report. The other night, I had a couple of drinks after the show and I was like, oh, we better just have a look at how it's going. But we'd only announced like two three hours before. Oh, me and my Toual manager, we were on the floor. We were like, what the heck? They are selling so well. So I'm really excited to actually see like a proper sales report right now and see how we're going, God, there's so many dates I've got to do view entire message and the whole email comes up in a PDF file.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Wait, can I guess? Can we turn this into a game? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah, So what do you want to go off?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What percentage has been sold?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so we've got Brisbane?
Speaker 1: Am I guessing? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How much of Brisbane has been sold? Okay, now that's a bit high, babe, I'm being Okay, so let me before we play the game. I just want to explain to everyone, by the way, that my thought process behind this is obviously when we put the first tour on, that is very like strategic, And I spoke about this on my Instagram subscribers, so sorry, subscribe you're getting like a little bit of a repeat here because I only just spoke about this the other day. But basically with the first tour, like, that's very strategic in the fact that I'm not going to put shows on that I don't think are going to sell out apart from regional shows, Like I knew regional shows would have less demand. But I'm talking like you're Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, when I put five shows on in Sydney, I expect to sell out five shows, you know what I mean. I wouldn't put on ten and think I'm going to sell out five. Like we put on what we think will sell out, and then they do, and they did, and they have and we've sold out twenty shows around the country all up. So it worked the first time. With a second Encore tour, which was never planned, but we saw how quickly shows sold out, obviously we're like, well, people have missed out and people want more, so we'll put more on with the second one. It really is a gamble on every single place we're going, Yes, because there's been five shows in Sydney, so to do a six show in Sydney, people have five opportunities to see the show already. If they're in Sydney, I doubt they're going to come to this sixth one that we're putting on like we are. You're placing our bets on people who may have been away for that week, which they wouldn't have been many Maybe they couldn't find a babysitter that week.
Speaker 1: Word referral, yes, so it would be for this show, I reckon.
Speaker 2: So we had to do like a big we've kind of I mean, we always let the tickets go for like two weeks and then we kind of like set the strategy. But obviously we have to talk about the strategy first. So this tour, this on Core tour, I was like, right, you're going to see me on Sunrise, You're gonna see me on the radio. We did Joel Creasy Show here on nov which was fabulous. I loved it. To promote the shows and the OnCore tour, you're going to see me maybe doing some magazine articles and things like that, just to get the word out there a bit more, because now we've got to target a bigger audience than just the scrollers, because I would assume most of the scrollers, if you could come to one of the shows, you bought a ticket and you were able to come, unless you had some random reason why you couldn't come. So I was like, Oh, these shows are going to struggle to sell. It's gonna be a mission. I'm gonna have to do all this promo. And then we looked at the sales two or three hours after they went on sale and we were like, I don't think we'll have to go on sunrass, thank god, because I don't want to wake up that early. But anyway, Brisbane, no, you guessed seventy percent. Not quite, we're I can't do the math. We're sixty one percent. That's close sold art, so that's good. I feel like seven eleven has quietly become my royal flush of the year.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 3: I used to think slurpies when I thought of seven eleven, but it's so much more than that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: They always have that random thing you've forgotten or need just to get you through.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm grabbing a pink v before meetings and shouting the fake girls a sweet treat for the afternoon to get us through whatever mini crisis we're having that day.
Speaker 2: Because any times, seven eleven time. And if you like us and can't be bothered leaving the house, find out if seven eleven delivers to you. Okay, Sydney forty five, but that is low because they've got five shows. Yeah, that's at twenty seven percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hobart sixty seven percent, Oh slight.
Speaker 2: Well, sixty six point ninety six.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a good guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Hobart's selling really fast, which is good.
Speaker 1: Bendigo forty three percent.
Speaker 2: Almost thirty three percent. Oh, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine fifty four.
Speaker 2: That's really surprising.
Speaker 1: Come through Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Because Melbourne we also added extra tickets to the existing dates, so you've got so many options available. So Melbourne is kind of crazy. I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: Geelong eighty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Geelong is low and in terms of it's at thirty one point four percent. Yeah, but the long venue is three hundred seats, so we still sold over one hundred tickets for Geelong. Yeah, but it is a three hundred seat venue. We'll never feel that. But the first venue we did in Geelong where it sold out really quickly, that was only one hundred seats because we didn't think demand would be that big there. So okay, Perth forty six, yeah, close enough. Adelaide sixty two, not that high forty seven.
Speaker 3: Newcastle eighty two, higher higher one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: No, not quite. Newcastle's ninety three percent with only at time of recording, twenty tickets left for a three hundred seat venue.
Speaker 3: Matt, I fucking told you that Newcastle would sell Well, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 2: I know you did. But we've already given Newcastle the central Coast show, and we promoted there saying go to the Central Coast show.
Speaker 3: So I thought, new when it's in your hometown, it is so much better to go to a show at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but everyone going to the NEWI show. Britt, what do you What would you say? Is like where should people go before for dinner and then show and then after? Like what's the what's the best Newie night out? Okay seeing the show?
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 1: And the show's at seven thirty, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 1: I think Innuie.
Speaker 2: I think it's seven thirty show eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: So if you want to have a pub feed just before the NEWI show, and you want it to be in walking distance to where Matt's show is, have dinner at the Mary Ellen Hotel.
Speaker 1: It's a pub.
Speaker 3: It's just like a five minute walk away. There's nothing else really around, Like that's the only place walking distance because it's inner.
Speaker 1: Kind of random location. But other good dinner spots is light Years and the.
Speaker 3: New one that I went to, Saint Lucia. I would go light Years or Saint Lucia, but they will be like a ten minute drive away. But if you want to just have a pub walking distance go to the Mary Ellen Lovely.
Speaker 2: I would suggest we got two more, which is Costs.
Speaker 1: Harbor thirty eight.
Speaker 2: No Costs Harbor is twenty one. But it is a huge room and I don't expect to sell more to sell much there. And then Tamworth as well is also you have to keep in mind that s it's like five hundred people as well, So Timworth is only eleven percent. But come on time, No, but we've got plenty of tickets sold there. I look, if I get to one hundred in Costs Harbor and Tamworth, I'm happy, and we are well on the way to there for both of those.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: And then we have Central Coast, which I actually don't have an update on yet, but I can see online that it's selling pretty well, so that's good. Nice. But all of them are selling. Really pretty confident with all of them, because most of those will sell out, a lot of them will get close. And then the ones that I'm not worried about as in like Cofts Harbor is a huge room or ten Worths a huge room. But as long as we have one hundred in there, and I reckon we'll get a one hundred in there, that's a good crowd, so absolutely stoked, absolutely pissing myself as well that I don't have to go on Sunrise and do newspaper articles and you don't have to see me on every bloody I.
Speaker 1: Think you underestimate yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do. I think that's been me my whole.
Speaker 3: Life, the whole time that was planning his tour and he's like, no, I don't know about Newie.
Speaker 1: I'm like, are you fucking kidding?
Speaker 3: And then you're like when you were ages ago when you were looking at venues and you couldn't find one, You're like, that one's got five hundred seats.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you could sell five hundred seats in Newcastle? Well like without a down, no, we can.
Speaker 2: Without down, there will be five hundred seats. I'm sure if there is a next time bloody ell. I'm exhausted, you know. I can't think about that right now, but yeah, I know. I'm just like, I think it's weird, like is it our tall poppy syndrome here in Australia. I always think about that episode that Lady Gaga HBO Max special where she's about to perform to sold out crowd in Madison Square garden and she's putting her makeup on backstage and she starts crying and she's like, it's just so weird because all these people are here to see me, but I can't help feeling like a loser. I just feel like a loser.
Speaker 1: We all feel that way with all the things that we.
Speaker 2: Do help me, I'm like a loser, Like, why does anyone?
Speaker 3: But everyone feels that way about no matter what they're doing. I'm sure singers feel that way, you know, people doing public speaking, people do them whatever.
Speaker 5: People producing podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone feels that way. It's like imposter syndrome.
Speaker 5: Yeah so you said that about us before in the Moon my loser producer, loser, Brittany.
Speaker 1: We're all losers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, overwhelmed, very grateful and very fabulous, And the best part is, can I just say scrollers. The best part is the money has been basically spent for this first part of the tour and the original tour, which means that the Encore tour there's not many expenses. Great, which means more Mammy.
Speaker 4: And thank god, thank god, thank god, sorry, because you know, I love and love being unstated love, but money's fabulous as well, you know what I mean, and so I am just absolutely cheering and thank you everyone for paying for my wedding.
Speaker 2: Let's probably where it's all gonna go anyway. Thank you to seven eleven for sponsoring this quick whip anytime is seven eleven time. I've been going to a lot of seven elevens as I've been traveling around the country, and I have had about seven of those custard buns that you had when we were in Melbourne what they called I had so what were they called?
Speaker 1: Yes, we did a taste test the muffin.
Speaker 2: No, not the muffin, the bun, the costard bun.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Kaj were they called?
Speaker 1: We had the pie.
Speaker 2: The squishy bun.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just like that plain bun. But it was kind of sweet. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: No, it's a one field with custard in the Japanese range.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't have that.
Speaker 2: I did, well, I've been eating the whole time, but I thought we had it in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I had the meso caramel. Yeah, oh yeah, that was was amazing.
Speaker 3: Maybe next time we do one of these episodes, seven eleven could give us some snacks so we can oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do like a seven eleven taste test YouTube exclusive Jack Pop Taste test.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, we've got to work on that name, but yeah, absolutely anyway, Cheers seven eleven and cheers Scrollers. We'll see you next time. Oh and don't forget to buy tickets to the Bring Back Glamour Again to the Encore. It's also something you should do. Thank you,