Speaker 1: I think in July I bought a Cat's Lotto ticket and I won ten dollars on it. Like this, I care, No, I'm kidding, it's right.
Speaker 2: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 2: It is officially twenty twenty five. Welcome everyone to twenty twenty five. We hope that you are not feeling too dusty today, but you had an amazing start to your new year.
Speaker 1: High Matt, Hello Anna, and happy new Year to you and everyone that is listening. Can you believe it's twenty twenty five? I swear to you not. It honestly feels like it was twenty twenty yesterday.
Speaker 2: I know, it feels like it was twenty ten when I graduated. Sco oh yeah, today like twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's it's scary, Honestly, where the last couple of years gone. I can't even tell you where twenty one to twenty three went? Yeah, I know, no idea. If you tell me, tell me, let me know. I've lost it. I've disappeared.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like each year has like something really special that happens. Maybe something not so special, but the thing that I loved it for the most significant. Yeah, I think the thing that I love the most about a new year is it's like a fresh slate. It's like anything can happen, start again. Anything that's shitty that happened last year, it's out the window. Catch you never, we don't want to see you anymore. It's like, you know, positive vibes.
Speaker 1: Really, I agree, I mean, I agree. Let's start twenty twenty five off with positive vibes and look forward with good energy.
Speaker 2: We have very exciting plans as well for twenty twenty five. We have recorded this a little bit before, so technically we us still in twenty twenty four currently, but our new episode that's going to come out next week will be our very first twenty twenty five episode back, and we are shaking things up at Where's your Head At? We are going to be staying a little bit more true to ourselves in what life stage we're at, exploring those themes, exploring adulthood, and it's going to be so much fun. We are so excited. But I don't want to give too much away, So that's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: We started the podcast single and just not having any idea how to date, and now we've both got both married. Now we're both married, so yeah, different style of life. I guess everyone grows up like we started. I was looking back at our podcast. I was just looking back at it, like looking back at episodes and like looking at titles and all that sort of stuff, and like I was saying, before it goes back to twenty one, like where did that go? I know, like where it was. I was looking at the episodes and I was looking at the years, and I was like, whoa, We've been doing this for like four is that four years? Nearly would be four years this year?
Speaker 2: Like remember when we went on a date and Michael and the girl that you were on a date.
Speaker 1: With had been together. Yeah before, but I'm just neither of I. We don't date.
Speaker 2: We're married, but like you know what I mean, Like how crazy of an evolution has this podcast been? And for people who have listened from the start, like you guys are seriously so close to our hearts, and like you really have seen the journey. And I know that that's a shit word to say, but it's been a rollercoaster. It's been unexpected and like that said, like you just don't think you're going to grow up, but we all do. And we've seen it very clearly in front of which are those eyes and everyone else is we've done.
Speaker 1: It in front of everyone. Over the last couple of years, it's been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we are. We're excited for what's to come. I think it's like really time for us to sit in that niche of like, you know, two newly married.
Speaker 1: People, you're about to have a child.
Speaker 2: About to have a child, relationships and all of those things that you know, hopefully our listeners are going through you can send to people. It's going to relate to people. So we're excited about that.
Speaker 1: Quickly, before we move on, what's your highlight of last year? I think I know, because you've got a couple of big things. What was your highlight of twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: I would obviously have to say it is equal first with getting married in Corfu to the love of my life, Michael, and also finding out that we are expecting a baby. They're my two equal highlights. Yeah, twenty twenty four has been a crazy, crazy year for us. So yeah, that's definitely highlight. What's your highlight?
Speaker 1: God, it was massive year. There was a heap of things that happened. But probably I think in July I bought a Cats Lotto ticket and I won ten dollars on it. Silight Oa. No, I'm kidding. That was amazing day. It was obviously a couple of weeks ago marrying Tammy, the love of my life. It was the last day of my life. Yeah, amazing though. It was awesome. And then obviously the honeymoon, which we will touch on. We will give you an episode about that, guys, but we will and it will tell you all about it. It was just perfect. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we were very excited to hear all about that honeymoon and also just to get like the behind the scenes because I don't know anyone who's been to Lapland or any info. I feel like if anyone's wanting to go to Lapland, it would be really interesting.
Speaker 1: Go go. It's amazing. Honestly. If one thing I'm going to say, like people always go on like honeymoons to like sunny places like the Mold Eyes or like Fiji. It says nothing wrong with, nothing wrong with, nothing wrong with But we did it differently and went here and it was amazing.
Speaker 2: It was very up both of your alley though, like both love Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so romantic, Yeah, very romantic.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to talk more about that next year. But technically everyone who's listening to this is in twenty twenty five. So we thought that we could do our ins and outs of twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So I think we.
Speaker 2: Should start without outs of twenty twenty four. The things that we are not bringing into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: My first one is just negativity, So like, I want to leave all the negative stuff behind me because obviously, you know, it's the nature of the beast that we're in, and I think that a lot of people want to be negative towards us, and it can stay in twenty twenty four. I don't give a fuck about it anymore.
Speaker 2: So yeah, praying, Yeah, that is also online. And then in reverse to that, my inn is like focusing on your own life and making your own life the best thing ever, so that you don't even have time to focus on anyone else except yourself. Okay, My next out is out for drinking caffeine and alcohol, mainly because I'm pregnant and I can't drink those things. But also I'm so off caffeine, like I could drink one coffee a day, wild Wild.
Speaker 1: I was as.
Speaker 2: Addicted as you. Now, I'm a you know, I'm a reformed woman.
Speaker 1: Well, my in is actually these oxy shreds. I've been smashing it and like they're going out of fashion. Such a good yeah, such good caffeine here. Okay.
Speaker 2: My out of twenty twenty four is impulsive buying. I think sometimes when I'm stressed out or like I don't know, I need some dopamine, I just go on a spending free and then I have no money and I'm like, what the fuck, So why did I do that?
Speaker 1: Do you remember we did this last year? We did ins and outs, and one of mine was impulse buying.
Speaker 2: Impulsive buying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm literally sitting at the tennis in January with my mate. We're watching the tennis and I was like, oh. I was like, I've got the Taylor Swift concert coming up, and Super Bowl Day looks like the Chiefs are going to be in it. I'm gonna buy myself a calc a Travis Kelce jersey. So I'm sitting there and I buy it. It's like two hundred and twenty bucks, and he looks at me and he goes, I listen to your podcast the other day, man, and I'm like yeah, and he goes, you literally said no impulse buying, and I was like, I've fucked it up already in January and I was like, no, no, this is a necessity. I need this. I've got two good wears out of it scheduled in. I was like, that's not impulse. That's planned. To be fair.
Speaker 2: You do love that Travis Kelce sweatshirt or whatever it is, like, you wear that a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I wouldn't say that was impulse, but at the time it looked impulse because I was just sitting at the tennis and I quickly bought it. But yeah, it got its use. But yeah, impulse buying is on my outlist again. I think that you're right. You get a quick dopemin hit from it, but when you look at your bank statement a few days later, the dope meine is very depinished. But then it spikes again when the past will comes and you come home and it's at the door, you get that dopening back again. So it's a double whammy.
Speaker 2: Let's not try to convince people to what is it?
Speaker 1: Compulsive by impulse?
Speaker 2: Impulse by Sorry, My final out of twenty twenty four is just accepting that sometimes things that are a bit shit happen, but it's actually an alignment to you. So I don't know, maybe let's just say you lose a friend, but it's actually an alignment because unfortunately your values don't align anymore. So just seeing redirection or things that happen that feel a bit shit as more of an alignment than something annoying that's happening, and just trusting in the universe, trusting in the process. That's a big one for me.
Speaker 1: Mine is sort of on that as well.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, that's an INN.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this is where it gets confused.
Speaker 2: An INN, it's an in to focus on. Yeah, okay, that's my first in.
Speaker 1: Sorry guys, No, it is confusing. Like I said, when I was riding them, I was riding them and I was like, because my next one is out is letting people take my energy. I find that when I put myself in like social situations or just in everyday life, I give a lot more.
Speaker 2: It's like the more people you give your energy to, then your cup gets less full. You need to protect your energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good way putting it, because I find that, like, I'm so like first to be the most like I don't know, charismatic person in the room or the most like make everyone laugh. And I feel like if I'm just a little bit more protective of my energy and give it to like, not everyone, and just people that I love and myself especially, I feel like I might be a lot happier and I'll get home and be less drained and less like, Yeah, I have more for myself and more for my family, more for my people at home. I've got an inn no gossiping. I don't want to talk about other people. I don't want to give my energy about other people. I find that like, you know, your mates call you up and they're like, you know how you've been such hating And they go, oh, have you seen yadi yas doing this? And I buy in, I'm gonna lie, I'm no better than everyone else. I buy in, and I go, oh, really, like you know, is he doing this? What's this? None of that? Honestly, be like no, I don't give a shit totally.
Speaker 2: I feel like the people who are doing the most, like the coolest things in life or things where you look up to and go, wow, that's so amazing, are the people who are talking about ideas and their businesses and what's happening with that and kind of helping other people with businesses and balancing ideas off each other. I think that's that's the energy of twenty something.
Speaker 1: I admire a lot about my wife. If she does not gossip or give a shit, like doesn't buy into any of that sort of stuff. She doesn't have time for it. She's too busy smashing goals and you know, killing life to care about anything else like that.
Speaker 2: Love that in of twenty twenty five. Yeah, okay, celebrating all the wins and also days, so not letting a holiday pass this year, so for instance, Halloween, making sure you dress up. I don't know small business goals that I will achieve in twenty twenty five, celebrating all of them, anything small, you know, months of the pregnancy in the lead up. I think all of those small things, I really want to celebrate them because otherwise time just passes. You buy and if you don't celebrate you don't remember it.
Speaker 1: I agree a big one for me. You know, I'm big on all those things like dressing up for Halloween, doing the pumpkins, and then for Christmas like gingerbreads and like we're doing ugly Christmas jumper photos, like all that sort of stuff. Like just really buy into it, like really get stuck into it. My next in is meal preparation. Yeah. I feel like, yeah, I have sort of a life that doesn't have really much of a routine, so it's hard to prep and like and I feel like when you don't well, well, what my coach used to say when I was in football was the five piece Prior preparation prevents poor performance.
Speaker 2: Prior preparation prevents poor performance.
Speaker 1: So it's a tongue twister. Yeah. So if you like you prep yourself and I meal prep, you know, be easier to stay like healthy and lean up quicker. Just do that instead of buying you know, like a meal out for lunch every day and that's like what thirty forty dollars easy gone like that. So if I just meal prep at the start of the week again and get my meals done, I should see some sort of consistency love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we've we're down to probably our final couple prioritizing self care. So I'm wanting to be big in twenty twenty five with candle lip baths, candle lip couples massages like massaging each other, putting the candles out.
Speaker 1: Can you do that the other day? What you went for a couple's massage?
Speaker 2: We did go for a couple's massage, but I was talking more like even if we just massage each other, put the lights down, candles, like, you know, nothing's better, right? So good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How does Michael going for massages as? And is he good at massage? Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: Apparently I'm not the best.
Speaker 2: Don't go to a massage.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, we got a massage and Tammy told the guy. He came around and she told him to like for a deep tissue one. Yeah, and I swear to you, I've I swear. He was picking every pressure point that I had. Literally, I was like laying there and I was like, oh was literally and I was like, I'm not in pain. I just want to relax. I want a relaxing massage.
Speaker 2: I remember in Thailand, Ones I literally had this massage and I genuinely felt like I had been beat up. This woman was fully like standing on my back the whole time, and it was like it was my lungs were claustrophobic because I was like I couldn't breathe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something, I just want a relaxing one. I'm not sore, Yeah, relaxing.
Speaker 2: But not tickle it. She's like the perfect massage.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to tickle it.
Speaker 2: You know sometimes if they go too on the massage and then it gets really ctiicular and.
Speaker 1: You're like, that'd be icky someone doing that. I've got some on that though. Of inns for self care, I want to start my gratitude diaries regularly every night.
Speaker 2: I want to see you're good with that. I'm not going to be doing gratitude diaries I already know, yeah, you know, and do my baby book. I'm going to fill that in for the bay.
Speaker 1: That's cute. That's really cute gratitude diaries. And then I want to plan my day. I used to do that and I want to get back to doing that where I sat down in the morning and I wrote everything that I need to do. Even if you don't get them done, it's at least there's some stuff there so you can see what you need to do. And then I want to get back into therapy regularly, just to work on myself. I think everyone can say what they want. I've seen people online so therapy, but I genuinely believe that like going to therapy and talking to someone is healthy and a good thing.
Speaker 2: And no shame in the therapy.
Speaker 1: No shame in going there. I think that honestly, I think that ninety percent or a lot of people should go there. It does not hurt I reckon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And also I had staycations as well, so me and the is a good one. Me and the family are going this weekend on a staycation and I know we've got another one in the new year. Just it's easy to drive somewhere, even if it's in your town, Like you go to a hotel or something. We're going to a hotel that's on surfas in surfer sorry, and just easy, like you know, just a good getaway. Mix it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Really absolutely. My final one is and this is so niche, but I just like loved someone gave me this advice, so I just kind of want to pass it on. It's having signature sense for occasions. So for example, Michael and I had a specific fragrance for our wedding, and now when we smell that of like my wedding scent or his, it instantly brings us back. And so for the pregnancy, although I'm trying not to wear too much perfume, I have Chanelle Mademoiselle that I've been wearing, so it's going to like remind me of this prat Yeah, Mademoiselle, Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle probably just remind me of being nauseous. But anyway, having specific sense for specific occasions, because if you are going through like an important time of your life, let's just say you just get engaged or you're just in a fresh relationship, it does really scent brings you back, and music and all of that type of nostalgia. Just like really creating that throughout your life I think is so fun.
Speaker 1: My Tammy and I did the same thing, and she had a wedding scent that was like she went hard on it, Like it reminds me every time she wears it now, so she doesn't wear it now, but she wore it on the honeymoon and I was like, Oh, this is your wedding one, isn't it. She's like yeah, And I was like, I thought i'd wear it here as well. So it's the honeymoon wedding. Yeah, it's nice, fart. We've retired that, and I've retired the one I wore on the wedding as well, which I really liked. So I'm a bit annoyed about that.
Speaker 2: I actually remember saying, just having on the wedding day, what are you wearing? You smell so good? But I can't remember what she said, because but it did. It's not amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was get back to us. It was really nice. It was a good one. My last in the final is actually actually I used it today, so I even used it in this year and I'm going to continue it in It's let it be. You can't control a situation. I was on the phone, I was on the phone to my mum. I left to get to this studio two hours ago, right, it took me two hours of traffic, And you can't control that. Like, you can't. You can get anxious, you can get worked up, you can sit there. You can't. You can't do anything, you know what I mean? Like you can't.
Speaker 2: It's so true.
Speaker 1: You have to give that control of stuff that you can't control up and let it be. Because what am I supposed to do? Like fucking v line through all these cars fly like I can't. So why am I getting anxious? Why am I getting worked up over something?
Speaker 2: Why are you getting angry and then like you know, angry on the road like this toxic vibes.
Speaker 1: Let it be. I've got I'm trying to learn some coping mechanisms with it. I used to have an elastic band that I wore, and I felt like that I'd flick it and then that would like distract me. I sort of now dig my thumb into my other thumb to sort of like distract myself. I also say stuff I'm grateful for, because we said you can't be grateful and anxious at the same time through trying to do that, so I try to be grateful. Also, I just want to be a chill dude when it comes to those sort of situations. So just think you.
Speaker 2: Are quite chill now. It's just like I feel like sometimes you just flip just not chill. Yeah, you'll mainly chill. You're like eighty percent chill and then twenty percent annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's when I feel like I don't have control of like that sort of stuff, like when I'm late to something and I get anxious, and then I'm like, well, like I could have left earlier, but I left two or two hours, Like what are you supposed to do? Could have Yeah, like there's traffic on the freeway, Like there's an accident. You can't you can't control that, So you got to give in that control and let it be. I think there was a I know there was a TikTok about it, and if I can find it, I'll post it on the Facebook page.
Speaker 2: But amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know where it is, but it definitely expressed a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, thank you so much for an amazing twenty twenty four with Where's your Head At. It is officially twenty twenty five, and we will be back next week for our very first recording of the year. We'll be implementing all of these things. We're excited to hear about your ins and outs of the year. Head to our Facebook page and let us know what they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's start a thread there.
Speaker 2: Let's start a thread absolutely and until next time, bye bye, have a good year.