Speaker 1: Hey, we're getting ourselves and you they say never take a day up radio, no new team member, but they say never take a day off in radio because someone will jump in your chair. And that's exactly what's happened Harry McKay and all.
Speaker 2: The people say he's pretty fly, Harry Murca.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: There we go, Harry Kay from the Mighty Blue. Welcome aboard. You are going to be on board for twenty twenty five with us here at Nover.
Speaker 3: I am, and I've started nicely into lots of spots. Yeah, yeah, so far, so good.
Speaker 2: It's real upgrade.
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 2: You just yell at us and not listen to Harry McKay.
Speaker 4: Three time leading goalk, you're at the Blues two times, all Australian, you're a leader at the club. And I didn't go to plan a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 3: They did it. Yeah, Clinn, it wasn't a It wasn't the perfect way to start the season. But yeah, that's that's footy.
Speaker 1: And I feel like there's a few upsets in the opening round the first two weeks.
Speaker 3: You know, it can be a I've always found historically over my time, round one can be true. It can be an interesting round, but yeah, with our game obviously full credit to Richmond, have a full energy in Yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Going to be good this Year's because they're seventeen mate, They've got to stay up later than us.
Speaker 3: They've got more energy. That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lose, it's half time, we're head giving up, let's go, we're going to bed. Does a loss or a win for Tigers like that help you mentally at the start of a season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, help you better, wouldn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, But I mean like, can you shake it off easily? Yeah, I think you went down.
Speaker 3: The big part is like it's only a round one, so there's still twenty three rounds left. Doesn't mean that it's not flattening after a loss, but I think in the whole grand scheme of things, if you have some perspective around it's one week even though it's really disappointing, Like the beauty about foot is at seven days time, you have a game and you can be you can win that and be feeling on top of the world. So it doesn't mean it's not a bit yeah sucky when you when you lose, but.
Speaker 1: So there's a bit of pressure on the Blues this year because every one was like in the last season.
Speaker 4: They should that that expectation should sit comfortably with them, because if you don't have expectations, well you're not in the hunt for the big one at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: And what's the story with the D's then well.
Speaker 2: They're so expecting big things.
Speaker 1: Who does everyone go? Can we just I'm a pied man. I used to go for Melbourne, but I realized the supporters were wanky for me.
Speaker 4: Barens a Richmond supporter and I'm a I'm a long suffering Melbourne supporter.
Speaker 1: Harry, you'd be happy to know though Lauren turned the game or didn't even watch the second half because you thought they were done.
Speaker 4: Hey, do you watch a lot of footy like outside of your own match?
Speaker 3: Obviously I was saying not. It kind of depends on how we go as a team. So if we have a good win, then don't mind putting the footy on the background, you know, when you're cooking dinner or chilling out. But if you have a bit of a bad last you kind of want to get it, get away from footy and not watch it for a bit. So, but other players watch it religiously some people don't watch it at all, but probably in the middle of somewhere.
Speaker 1: Are you a gamer? The reason I ask you is I knew a couple of rugby league people, and if you'd play PlayStation rugby league, they would pick their team and only passed themselves.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the case, is pretty either, right, I'm not a game of Jason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I know it's only early, but it's well, we're sort of one. I'm going to call it one and a half, well maybe one and a quarter rounds in because of that silly opening round concept. Who's impressing you early doors? Who are the ones that you're going to have to beat on the way to a premiership?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a really good question. Obviously very early still, but I think after the weekend, the teams that consistently compete like Geelong obviously Collinwood had a good win. I think Giants will be up there. Yeah, Brisbane again who won it last year. So yeah, it's going to be a very even competition. And obviously on the weekend we found out that all eighteen teams when they compete and turn up, are really hard to beat. So it's going to be tough, really consistent year up and anyone can win it. But yeah, I think those those teams that are pretty consistent over a long period of time, like Geelong, collin Wood, the Brisbane Giants, they're always like at this time of the year, they're always kind of got the hand the ring. Yeah. Everyone everyone seems to back the lines again for another win.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, as they should.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh my god, you can you do you? I just want to We're on a flight to gather around last year.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I think I know where you're going with this one.
Speaker 3: I wasn't on a fight, It's it's all good.
Speaker 1: Was on the fly, was on the he was running a competent. We didn't realize, but we got booked on the Blues.
Speaker 3: Right right. Well, I think two years ago we were on that flight, all the players, that was like, all the cart and supporters. Cuda was on there as well.
Speaker 1: Couda was up there running on the tian so because he was running a big quiz, they didn't do the drinks cart. And then I fell asleep and when I woke up, I'm sure she's lovely, but it was just it was a weird sight. You call it, this lady dressed head to toe in the licra with the crazy wig on your mask.
Speaker 3: She's like a blues Yeah. Maybe Nina Navy Nina.
Speaker 2: She was tumbling down the iron she made.
Speaker 3: I woke up and I was like, wow, Hello.
Speaker 2: What film am I watching?
Speaker 3: Nay, that's the name?
Speaker 1: Maybe and she travels everywhere in the costume.
Speaker 3: I'm much. I can't. I'm not sure all the time, but yeah, right for club events? Yeah, does she do parties as well? To find out, I can find out.
Speaker 1: No, No, Hey, Harry McKay's on with us this morning from the Mighty Blues. We're going to take a break when we come back, though. You know, Harry was dipping his tongue in the Formula one world was he? He became part of the Ferrari squad, I believe?
Speaker 2: And also I also want to ask you about your mum.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh that sounded weird, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Ex Harry m and all the people see he's pretty fly, Harry.
Speaker 1: Look, Harry McKay part of the team for twenty twenty five from the Mighty Blues. You know he'll be happy about that. He's that Lee and Keith from goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Oh they're big fans.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen goggle Box, not for a while.
Speaker 1: So the couple on the leather couch, bald head, always yelling each other huge blue bags, huge blue bag.
Speaker 2: Harry, How big are you?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: How tall are you?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: Clint?
Speaker 3: Correcting Clint? I am six foot eight I'd say so two hundred and five centimeters.
Speaker 1: So when you were five at gun by Ward you got on every right.
Speaker 3: I was a late grower. Yeah, I struggled early. But now it's actually opposite. So a couple of years ago shrinking, we went to I hope not to Gold Coaster. The theme parks right, and usually the heart restrictions more applied to people that are short. Actually you were too tall. It's been too tall. Yeah you're kidding, so over under two hundred centimeters. Basically you can't go on the right.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't want you decapitating on the Superman roller coas to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's probably fair. But when I rocked up and couldn't go on the ride.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, you've got a question regarding his mum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your mum is a bit of a media superstar, isn't she a superstar? I think she's from What's mum's name Tracy, Tracy Morning Trace. Does she listen to you on the radio? Did you tell her you were going to be on she.
Speaker 3: Might be listening. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Plus, you got a brother plays for the Bombers. Yeah, brother plays for the Bombers. Older sister, younger brother.
Speaker 4: So your mom did mum? As I say, media sup stuff? She had her own podcast last year. How did that sit with you?
Speaker 3: Her own Yeah, it's in the family. I guess it was well when mum was talking about it, so she wanted to do she had an idea around interviewing other players, mums and like family members. It was a cool idea and we were very supportive. Didn't necessarily think it would take off the ground, so I was kind of go for it. Mum my great idea, but didn't actually think necessarily it was going to go toruition. Yeah, it was really good. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: So well, then then a lot of the media caught hold of what she was saying.
Speaker 3: Did that okay?
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, it was just great story. She's a great storyteller.
Speaker 3: I got to audio here.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Jackie to Kony and I'm Trace mackay and we are moms with Mike's and I'm the mother of Tom Sam Daconing Geelong and Carlton. And I'm the mother of Ben and Harry McKay from Essendon and Carlton. And we love our kids, we love our footy, but we also know what it takes to be a player.
Speaker 2: Today moms with my market. Yeah, you'd see what I got such pick up, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think did you reveal anything that you're like, mum, come on, I don't think so. I think that was yeah, we said like the first episode the pilot, I gave a look, but I reckon. We trim these down a little seven minutes, but they're going. I think they're doing well.
Speaker 2: Hey just quickly f one at the weekend, how was it? Who do you hang out with?
Speaker 3: Charles the clerk to hang out with so through Puma who obviously so they sponsored the club act itself and also Charles so got a cool opportunity to go to the and do you get the pits? No, No, we want to do to change the tire thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah you'd be slow.
Speaker 3: Can you'd be good at that? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, go, yeah, doing the van bee here soon guys.
Speaker 2: Jesus a handsome bloke. Oh Charlot Claire, isn't he Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely he was. But and he was a lovely person. So he was very annoying. Yeah, he's very engaged. He was very asked, lots of questions about football, had time for everyone. I'm sure those global superstars would have do a lot of media stuff.
Speaker 2: So he had a kick on the g actually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So it was good fun.
Speaker 1: Really knew with the compliments, laying the groundwork for tickets for next Yeah, guy, it was very lovely. Well mate, look, welcome aboard. You are going to be part of the show of twenty twenty five. It's good to have you on board.
Speaker 2: Have you got this week the Hawks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Game, great chance to Yeah, spine so look.
Speaker 1: We've got the Wizard in later in the week. Is anything you want to pass on to him?
Speaker 3: I haven't. I haven't met him yet, haven't. He's a nice guy. Yeah, jury is still out.
Speaker 1: Harry McKay from The Mighty Blues joined us this morning. Go on, Harry, working with the same gonna
Speaker 4: Be Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren, wake up feeling good on over one hundred Jason Lauren only go on socials.