Speaker 1: Lateener, welcome wait debate.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have your company on the Late Debate James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. A Melbourne real estate agent reckons he should be the one to sell your house because he's the best looking real estate agent in all of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I'll show you a photograph a little lately.
Speaker 4: Lucky, I'm not a real estate agent in Melbourne. He'd have some competition for that title.
Speaker 5: First.
Speaker 3: We'll decide after that, Caleb.
Speaker 2: Plus, when we look at the papers, fresh questions being asked about the death of Cardinal George pell and hospital workers doctors and nurses wearing body cams amid a rising number of assaults. But first, Victorian politicians gave themselves a three point five percent pay rise yesterday, which took the Victorian premier just sent to Alan's annual wage up to almost half a million dollars, which isn't a bad reward for presiding over a state with a net debt approaching one hundred and thirty five dollars and rising. And of course she gets this pay rise at the same time that she's telling Victorian hospitals they need to drastically cut back on their operations budget because you know, the state just doesn't have enough money. So with all of that going on, this tweet from Justin to Allen yesterday caught our attention. She tweeted, today marks one hundred and seventy three years since Victoria legally separated from New South Wales. Best move we ever made. Well, there's nothing like trying to distract everyone from your undeserved pay rise with a little bit of infantile interstate rivalry.
Speaker 6: But interestingly, in eighteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty one, the same year that Victoria separated from New South Wales, Victoria announced.
Speaker 6: A gold rush. But with all of that gold.
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventy three years later, there's something like thirty billion dollars more in debt than New South Wales and still you can't get a train from Tullamarine to the city.
Speaker 3: Caleb.
Speaker 4: It's an absolute disgrace. Look, let's be perfectly honest here. Many Victorians would like to rejoin New South Wales tomorrow because they know how bad the situation is, they know how bad the debt is. They're desperate for a labor right premiere instead of a labor left premiere.
Speaker 6: But you look at their debt down there.
Speaker 4: They're the most indebted state in the country, and they're actually one of the most indebted jurisdictions in the world.
Speaker 3: Can you believe it?
Speaker 4: But it's like you know that Johnny Cash song five feet high in Rising?
Speaker 6: How high is the water, Mama?
Speaker 4: Well in this case, it's like, you know, how high is the state debt, Mama? Billions and billions in rising and just keeps going up and up up.
Speaker 6: It won't stop. But we won't take them.
Speaker 4: In New South Wales, we do not want Victoria because can you imagine, like we are so lucky that we split from them. Can you imagine if we had to deal with all of that nonsense today, all the debt that we would have to take on. Putting that line there was the best thing they ever did because it kept all the socialists out of New South Wales. And I'm very glad for you and all the people that were voting for Dan Andrews.
Speaker 7: We do not want you, Okay, you've.
Speaker 5: Made your bed stay there lying in it. A report in March from the IPA and it used ten KPIs and it put all the states next to each other. Victoria rated second last or last in seven of those tens. So we know that it's ranked highest for tax burden, tax debt, and energy costs, and I honestly, last time I checked as well, it was also the highest ranked in terms of people leaving the state and migrating to other states. Because honestly, especially if you're a parent in Victoria right now, looking at the tax burden, the debt burden and the tax burden, obviously they're married up there, wouldn't you just be like, I'm getting the hell out of here. My kids are not paying this off. They are not going to be under the same tax burden that I'm struggling under right now to pay off.
Speaker 7: All Victoria's jolly mistakes.
Speaker 5: Like we keep saying, every state had a pandemic, every single every single state and territory had the same pandemic.
Speaker 7: Nobody wrapped up the.
Speaker 5: Kind of bankruptcy that Victoria did.
Speaker 2: It's a little rich of Jacenter Ellen to be boasting that Victoria is better off without New South Wales and New South Wales. People were quite happy for that separation. You used to say, the only good thing about Victoria, of course, was the AFL. But even now Sydney has the best aff sating on top of the ladder.
Speaker 6: Have him, they do at the moment.
Speaker 5: But interestingly, and anyone who believes in the supernatural would wonder the same thing. This reminded me strangely of something that I saw after the twenty twenty two census, which showed that Victoria had, in fact, forul Melbourne namely, had in fact become the capital of Satan worship.
Speaker 7: In the nation.
Speaker 5: Check out this video that Vice made at the time about this.
Speaker 4: It's possible your neighbor might be performing Satanic rituals, or your cousin could even be a devil worshiper.
Speaker 5: Bidle says, godliness, exultination, righteousness makes it strong. I just find as a churchy myself that for me personally, obviously, other people would probably think this is wacky, but there cannot be no correlation here, because anyone who believes in the supernatural realm believes that the physical is a mirror of it in some way, shape or form. And it did get me to wondering because I had no idea Melbourne was the Satanist capital in Melia.
Speaker 4: Had no idea Satan was literally the premiere of Victoria for years and they worshiped him.
Speaker 6: Daniel Andrews is his name.
Speaker 4: They worshiped him every single day when he came out in his north face jacket. Telling me that Victoria is the Satanic capital of Australia is like telling me that it's blue in the sky.
Speaker 7: We all know how much sense to me now?
Speaker 8: No wonder he got re elected after terrorizing the population for years.
Speaker 2: When the Herald Son reported that Victoria is the Satan capital of Australia, this line stood out to me. They wrote to some of these satanists had been atheists, but we're looking for something more. So I don't believe in God, but I'm going to get the devil a going.
Speaker 7: My god instead.
Speaker 4: And he was pretty good at winning elections too, would you believe it all?
Speaker 6: Let's go over to the US.
Speaker 4: Now. We hear all the time about misinformation and disinformation, and you know, of course here in Australia we've got this Misinformation Disinformation Bill coming up. You had the President's Press Secretary kringe On Pierre, most recently trying to claim that videos of Joe Barden were deep fakes and cheap fakes, and that they were missing information and disinformation that were lying to you about the real states of the president. Well, we all saw him at the debate on Friday. I think we can all agree they were not cheap fakes or defakes. But this is the line now, misinformation and disinformation. It's what politicians use when they want to discredit someone's argument, i e. Fact that they don't like that go against their argument. Well, funnily enough, Kamala Harris, the Vice President of the United States, has been caught out engaging in misinformation and disinformation herself. She tweeted this, Donald Trump would ban abortion nationwide. President Joe Biden and I will do everything in our power to stop him and restore women's reproductive freedom. Let me repeat that Donald Trump would ban abortion nation wide.
Speaker 6: Well, isn't it good that these days.
Speaker 4: We have things like I don't know videos and I'm not talking about cheap or defeates that we can go back to that prove these kind of statements wrong all the tape.
Speaker 9: My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it. From a legal standpoint, the stage will determine by vote or a legislation, or perhaps both, and whatever they decide must be the law of the land.
Speaker 6: In this case, the law of the state. Many stages will be different.
Speaker 4: So that was April Donald Trump saying that the states will make their own laws, and now Kamala Harris claims that he will institute a national ban on abortion. It's simply not true now, of course, one of the interesting things about the fact that she put it on X formally Twitter, Elon Musk's platform, is that these days, when someone puts misinformational disinformation on X, you can actually go on and make a complaint and they put a little addendum at the bottom of the tweet or the post or whatever it's called now that points out the actual truth. And Elon Musk himself harnessed this today he said, when will politicians, or at least the intern who runs their account, which in most cases is probably true. If you check Joe Biden's Twitter account, My god, some of the stuff that's posted on there is just inane.
Speaker 6: And learned it lying. When will they learn that lying.
Speaker 4: On this platform does not work anymore?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just a bald faced lie.
Speaker 4: On what basis would she try to claim that there is going to be a nationwide band on abortion.
Speaker 7: He's literally never said it, because they're shilling.
Speaker 5: For votes, and right now they are desperate for votes, especially after Friday's performance from the sitting president, or should I say lack thereof, But yeah, they're desperate and they know that nothing harnesses especially the female fury of the US. We saw this when Rovi Wade was overturned by the Supreme Court.
Speaker 7: I mean, you've just.
Speaker 5: Not seen scenes like that for a very long time. This gets people on both sides, whether you're or.
Speaker 7: Anti, absolutely rabid.
Speaker 5: And she is trying, by lying to make women believe that nationwide, there's just going to be a complete kibosh on abortions. It is a lie, but she's doing it in order, I guess, appealing to the lowest common denominator who doesn't know well enough the community. Note that X then slapped on her tweet literally said, I quote President Trump has repeatedly said he will not sign a national abortion band, and had five links attached so that if people were questioning the community, note, they could click on any number of those five links and watch him say it like we just played for folks watching back home.
Speaker 7: So it was completely blown out of the water the minute she posted it.
Speaker 5: But again, if you're appealing to the lowest common denominator, then you're gonna get those ropeable people that you're after. But of course that didn't even stop her from then releasing this completely cringe video once again trying to appeal to women on the basis of we're protecting your reproduction rights.
Speaker 7: Trump's going to take them away.
Speaker 10: So what's on your mind.
Speaker 11: Oh, Madam VP Harris, I'm worried about the election. Women's reproductive rights are on the line, our Supreme Court is on the line. Our basic freedoms are being tested.
Speaker 6: Madam VP.
Speaker 11: I know you've been sure having cross country.
Speaker 7: What are you hearing?
Speaker 10: Yeah, girl, I'm out here in these streets, and let me tell you you're right, Taraji. There is so much at stake in this moment. The majority of us believe in freedom and equality. But these extremists, as they say, they're.
Speaker 6: Not like us. The they not.
Speaker 10: There's a full on attack on our fundamental freedoms.
Speaker 5: Oh, a full on attack on our fundamental freedoms.
Speaker 7: Don't you just love it?
Speaker 5: The more they refer to anyone who believes different lead to them as extremists, I'm like, this is wearing so thin so fast.
Speaker 7: Nobody believes you anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girl, I've been out on these streets and imagine running an administration so bad, failing so epically that your your greatest hope for reelection is to boast it you'll be more effective in killing the unborn than your opponents.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Back in March, Jane Marla Harris proudly announced a historic tour of abortion clinics throughout America, boasting that she was the first sitting president or vice president to actually visit an abortion clinic. And this was her big pitch to voters. There's almost a million unborn children aborted every year in the United States, and the best that the Biden administration can do coming up to this election is say we'll make sure that continues. That's how epically bad they are.
Speaker 3: It's just a disgrace.
Speaker 7: And Trump's more the one for freedom, being.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, I'm actually leaving it up to the states state by state basis, which also means that if someone wants to access.
Speaker 7: The ability to kill their baby, like you very accurately say, Mac, just across the state border. There's a lot of states to choose from.
Speaker 5: You can just take yourself where it's fine and they'll book you right in so they're the ones who are basically talking about a nationwide it's a free for all, whereas he's like, hey, let's let's let the more conservative states states say nay, make up their own rules with regard to this, with the more liberal states being.
Speaker 7: Like, hey, it's a free for all.
Speaker 5: As there are states in the US that say right up until the day of birth will book you in. But let's not forget what President Joe Biden said on the night of that fatefully terrible debate.
Speaker 7: Here was him in defense of abortion.
Speaker 12: The vast majority of consuls and scholars support it, row when it was decided support it role, and that was that's this idea that they're all against it.
Speaker 6: It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 12: And this is a guy who says the state should be able to have it. We're in a state where in six weeks you don't even know whether you're pregnate or not, but you cannot see a doctor, have your and have him decide on what your circumstances are when you need help.
Speaker 6: But here's the deal.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of young women to be raped by their by their in laws, by their by their spouses, brothers and sisters, by it's just ridiculous, and they can do nothing about it, and they try to rest them on the cross state line.
Speaker 5: People are being raped by their brothers, insisters.
Speaker 7: That that is your argument.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that two women could have a child. I didn't know.
Speaker 7: I didn't think that was that was very problematic.
Speaker 5: But clearly, according to President Biden, that is possible, and that is why he is standing up for reproductive rights staying in the US. Now there has been a complete melt down on behalf of the damn. The US Supreme Court has just ruled that presidents and ex presidents cannot be prosecuted for decisions that they made, things that they did as president or obviously ex president in Trump's case, if those decisions were part of their core duties as president. Well to the meltdown, the vote on the Supreme Court went six ' three, which is very predictable with the Conservatives holding a six strong majority in the Supreme Court.
Speaker 7: And of course this complicates things.
Speaker 5: Drastically for the Dems because they've got this trial coming up in which they want to hold Trump to account for trying to overturn the twenty twenty election. Of course, he didn't do that. But they're not going to roll those tapes, and I just think this is hilarious. So that trial has already been pushed back because they're like, this is a massive complication that we did not see, and they're trying to now ascertain whether the decisions that he made around that time and the dying days of his presidency were in fact a core part.
Speaker 7: Of well the president's job at the time.
Speaker 5: If that falls over, because the Supreme Court has now referred that part to a district court. If that falls over, I guess they won't have a case at all.
Speaker 4: And that's why it's important because this is the January sixth case is the one that could have led to him being imprisoned before November, when the presidential election will be held. So it severely delays that and possibly scapers it, which was the whole point of running this case. But the unhinging of it today was incredible. So you had Joe Barden come out with a spray tan on seemingly after his team complained that he looked pale on Friday Thursday, US time because the CNN makeup artists had done him up to pale or something.
Speaker 6: That's why he so sickly.
Speaker 4: So they've now seen him off to go and have a spray tand so he can look like Donald Trump. So you can pick between orange man good and orange man bad.
Speaker 6: Now I suppose it seems to be what they're going for.
Speaker 4: I was just sort of imagining Jill there this morning with like the spray bottle China, like.
Speaker 6: We need to make you look alive, Joe.
Speaker 4: So Joe comes out and says his piece in which he essentially rebukes the Supreme Court, which is his historic moment for a president to come out and say that the Supreme Court is wrong and that you now need to exercise your voice against the Supreme Court by voting for me.
Speaker 2: Especially when he's claiming that Trump is a threat to demoscrap.
Speaker 4: And he's saying the Court is wrong and you have to vote for me to try and rebuke the Court. Then you had these like absolutely unfathomable ideas being put forward that it would mean that Trump or or any other sitting president would be able to legitimately have their politic opponents executed and that they would be immune from prosecution's last time a military coup like atlaive Checks, having someone executed is not part of your duties as president, and how if you can argue that it is I'm here for the court case.
Speaker 2: I can't if they're an Iranian terrorist or a Syrian terrist.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well okay, but that's a bit different. That's a military operation. It's not like, you know, Joe Biden's going to rock down to the CIA and say, look, can you just go and put a bullet in Donald Trump's head for me?
Speaker 6: Please? It's just crazy town stuff.
Speaker 4: But this is where they are because after that debate, they know.
Speaker 6: That if Biden is the man in November.
Speaker 4: They are stuffed, and so they're grabbing onto literally anything they can right now, even if it is patently absurd.
Speaker 2: Well on that point, have a listened to Democrat Representative Zoe Lovgren. She makes exactly the ridiculous point that Calorb just warned of.
Speaker 13: I guess you know, theoretically President Biden, acting within the scope of his official duties, could dispatch the military to take out the conservative justices on the court and he'd be.
Speaker 6: A mere.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if a Republican said that, they would.
Speaker 6: Be done for incitement? Honest?
Speaker 2: And I mean she before she was a Democrat, like most politicians. She was a lawyer, but I don't know how anyone would have paid that lady to represent them in the court of law if that's the kind of logic that she uses to make an argument.
Speaker 5: But again it speaks to the fearmongering.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So the last story is Kamala Harris being like, there's going to be a massive nationwide pi bosh, You're not going to be able to chill your babies anymore. Now they're trumpeting the fact that Trump's just going to be able to kill people indiscriminately.
Speaker 7: That's what this US Supreme Court ruled.
Speaker 5: But can you imagine if presidents and ex presidents weren't like immune to institution for some of the decisions that they've made, the wars their countries have participated in. Now that people know a lot more about them, the jails would be full of.
Speaker 2: It's foolish for Biden to be upset about this. This is great news for him exactly because it now pretty much protects him from what they're warning of that Trump is going to come into office and he's going to send everybody to jail.
Speaker 5: He doesn't protect Biden from his family's dodgy business dealings.
Speaker 7: That the Congress and others are still busy digging through. We have not seen the end of that story.
Speaker 5: Yet, because of course, that had nothing to do with his business as a president or at the time vice president. That had everything to do with something that.
Speaker 7: Was supposed to be and remain off the book.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I can see you moving your notes because you want to move on to the next topic. But we do have a clip that I'll get Liz to introduce because I'm way too old to know these rappers, but apparently they're very what I While.
Speaker 8: The Democrats are having this melt down trying to fear amonger amongst the public desperately, this absolute banger shot to number three on.
Speaker 7: The chart four days of being released. Check it out.
Speaker 6: You know who we vote?
Speaker 4: Vote?
Speaker 6: We voted Donald Trump Baby America me saving America, Saving voted Trump Trump Baby.
Speaker 5: That's Forgiato Blow and Supermodel and the rose in the streets.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I maybe.
Speaker 8: Just butchered it, but that's what it looks.
Speaker 4: Like on paper.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night, can we do either Billy Joel or Elton Johnathan program back of.
Speaker 8: Singing Trump Trump Baby America needs Saving Baby top of the podcast again.
Speaker 4: I'll admit it to music, but it cannot go so far as to call that a baker.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: In my defense, you haven't listened to the whole The verses get even better.
Speaker 7: Oh it's rap, it's wrap.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, Caleb, nobody expects you to have We appreciate some Can we have a jazz tune about about how good Trump is?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would be so Trumpian.
Speaker 2: All right, I got this program back on track.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 2: Six years after the death of Jeffrey Epstein, questions continue to be asked. Yesterday, transcripts from the grand jury investigation back in two thousand and.
Speaker 6: Eight were released.
Speaker 2: There I remember, Jeffrey Epstein was offered a plea deal where he got to plead to trafficking minus for the purpose of prostitution and served only about eighteen months in prison. Then he was released to continue trafficking young girls for another ten years before he was finally.
Speaker 3: Arrested and jailed.
Speaker 2: It's come to light that the prosecutors who offered Epstein this plea deal knew very well that he'd been raping young girls as young as fourteen, and that he had been paying teenage girls to get their friends to come to his house so they could give him naked massages and so he could engage in sexual activities with them. The Florida Circuit Judge Lewis Delgado said that the transcripts being released would absolutely outrage people. Details in the record, he said, will be outrageous to decent people. The testimony taken by the grand jury concerns activity ranging from grossly unacceptable to rape. All of the conduct at issue is sexually deviant, disgusting, and criminal. And as I said, with all of that being known to prosecutors, they offered him a sweetheart deal. He spent eighteen months in jail and then spent the next ten years back in the community, continuing with his sexual trafficking of young girls.
Speaker 3: So of course it begs the question, when they knew all that, why on earth did he get such a sweet sweet rit.
Speaker 6: Let me think.
Speaker 4: I mean, this Jeffrey Epstein character was linked to a lot of very important, powerful people in America. And of course what this plea deal meant was that he avoided federal charges. He only had to deal with state charges because originally they were going him for the trafficking and rape.
Speaker 6: And then in the end, I think.
Speaker 4: It was procuring a childer the age of sixteen for under eighteen, sorry for prostitution, which was far more lenient.
Speaker 6: But you know, you go into the logs of who has flown to his island or his former ireland.
Speaker 4: I suppose because he's dead now, by the way, he didn't kill himself. The Clinton's lots and lots of very important people, politicians, entertainers.
Speaker 6: The charity workers, everyone is on there right.
Speaker 4: So if you want to talk about a man who is well connected or was well connected in America, you'd be hard pressed to find better than Jeffrey Epps.
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey was not a dumb guy.
Speaker 4: That's why he had all those contacts and why he put people in compromising positions so that if the day ever came that he needed to ring in a favor, he was able to do it.
Speaker 6: And you have to ask the question, is that what he did for me?
Speaker 5: This gives further merit to the long running speculation that he was something of a CIA asset himself. He met with the now director of the CIA several times. We know that from Epstein's own personal diaries, and it was Julian Assan who once sagely noted when Gilay Maxwell was sentenced and everyone was like, oh, finally we've got someone convicted over this terrible child sex trafficking ring and Epstein Island and all the rest of Epstein's dead.
Speaker 7: But at least we got her.
Speaker 5: And everyone was asking, where the heck is the client list? How has this woman been convicted of a crime for which there seemingly was no.
Speaker 8: Customers whatsoever, Even though the flight.
Speaker 5: Logs, even to Epstein Island were known, there were names on that people were going, people were making use of his services.
Speaker 7: I loved Julian.
Speaker 5: Osange's quote because he said the reason why the FBI will not and will never release Epstein's client list was because their blackmail would then be useless. And they built up this dossier of blackmail, and these incredibly powerful people like you say, these are the kinds of people who run the world. They were never going to release it because all of a sudden, everything that they had on these evil elites would be utterly useless. We wouldn't be able to blackmail you with anything anymore.
Speaker 7: So it's a lot of people will call.
Speaker 5: That wild theory, but anyone who wants to read this has been covered by mainstream media for a very long time, Dear, that Epstein was in fact some sort of plan, and that would explain why, even with these heinous crimes on his record, he barely got a slap on the wrist because they needed him to stay in the game, keep doing what you're doing, so we can keep building this DOSSI eight.
Speaker 4: And he maintained a lot of these contacts well after he was convicted and sent to jail.
Speaker 7: Indeed, tho it eight.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Can't forget the images of Prince Andrew walking around with him in Central Park.
Speaker 6: Well after that, these people remained frings with him, right indeed, And.
Speaker 4: You would think in your right mind that you wouldn't hang around with a guy who is a convicted child sex offender, right, But they continued to do it. And you've got to ask the question again, what did he have on these people that would cause them to not just drop him like a ton of bricks and continue hanging out with them.
Speaker 6: It's it's all very curious.
Speaker 7: It would also explain his suss death. As you just said, Epstein.
Speaker 6: Just turned up himself in prison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, apparently no one was looking at the time, and he had access to what he needed.
Speaker 7: In order to take his own life.
Speaker 5: And I don't know that sounds like what happens to most assets when they stopped being an asset.
Speaker 2: He had massive video surveillance also in his house and on the island and those.
Speaker 7: And in the cell, but apparently.
Speaker 2: Those exist any longer.
Speaker 8: Incredible how that works, dear question.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon we will ever get a client list or any information about it? Or do you think this will be something we're talking about like the death of JFK.
Speaker 7: Maybe in thirty years time, maister.
Speaker 5: Maybe in thirty years time, after everyone's dead and there's absolutely no one left to prosecute.
Speaker 7: Much like the.
Speaker 5: Incredible book that I've referred to several times now, a book by Tom O'Neil called Chaos, and he went into the CIA.
Speaker 7: Chaos. He is a CIA operation name.
Speaker 5: He went into what he calls the secret history of the CIA. But he got to find out what he found out.
Speaker 7: Because it was thirty years in the past and.
Speaker 5: So people were a lot more forthcoming with records. He also got access to records which others then denied that they'd given him access to when everyone had been like you should never have been amongst those files. He was simply asked to write an article, and twenty years later the story had consumed his life. It is an incredible book, but yeah, I think maybe thirty years from now, maybe even longer, when well, it doesn't really matter anymore, does it.
Speaker 7: Everyone's dead. The truth comes out inevitably and.
Speaker 6: It's always too late. Unfortunately, that's the saddest part of it all.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Europe now, where Victor ubarn the Hungarian Prime Minister, has been made the new President of the European Union.
Speaker 6: And he's not going in there to play EU games. He's going in there to clean the joint up. Now, in the lead.
Speaker 4: Up to the EU elections, which of course we had last month, he put on X National, conservative, sovereigntist and Christian forces are on the rise across Europe. Don't represent progressive ideas, we represent the people. We are the worst nightmare of the Brussels bureaucrats. We will win the European elections this June, and they did and will occupy Brussels. Hashtag make Europe great again. Well, he's on his way in there. He's about to make Europe great again. This is how he's announced it just screams badass, doesn't it, And it's good.
Speaker 6: We need someone like this at the EU to shake things up a bit.
Speaker 4: I just hope that over the next few years that joint gets the absolute living hell shaken out of it, because of course Ferajs tried to do that for a long time when he was there, but he was sort of like a lone voice on the back benches, you know, screaming against the rest of them. But now that you've had this great right wing push into the EU, maybe we'll actually start to see some change, especially with a bloke like allbarn help.
Speaker 2: So the presidency of the Council of Ministers in the EU, it's on a six month roditating thing, right, But the evidence that he is a good conservative leader is seen in the fact that so many were trying to stop Hungry from having their turn and finding all manner.
Speaker 3: Of excuses not to have in there. And I love the way he's.
Speaker 2: Not mega, he's mega.
Speaker 8: And everyone's like, look, he's like Trump, he's a populist, and all the people said kind ashamed of it.
Speaker 5: So if you think you're insulting him by pointing it out, he's helping you.
Speaker 2: But I mean what's a populist, someone who believes in national borders, someone who believes in preserving the Christian heritage of Europe. And if you believe in those two things, or you're a danger to it says a lot about Brussels when those things are seen as somehow an impediment. Australia has announced that for the first time since the nineteen nineties, we've had a decrease in life expectancy. Now it's only by zero point one years, but as I said, for the first time in about thirty years, life expectancy in this country has decreased. That's according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, who listed the top five causes of death in twenty twenty two as coronary heart disease, dementia, COVID, nineteen cerebra vascular disease and lung cancer. It should be said we still have the fourth highest life expectancy at birth in the world, after only Japan, Korea and Switzerland, but life expectancy did go down for the first time in many years. They attribute that to COVID, saying that half the excess deaths in twenty twenty two would because of COVID nineteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, indeed, and look, I mean you know that point one of a year. Let's be frank, I mean that's time when I could be drinking red wine. I want that point one of a year. They did miss on the top five list. Here though, that premiers and chief Health officers should have been there because watching their presses every day for two bloody years saptis of the will to live.
Speaker 6: And that was why we all cut it.
Speaker 4: But all I can say is that the inquiry that has now been mooted in terms of the causes of the excess death rate which has shot up in Australia and across the world, cannot come soon.
Speaker 2: They've had enough right that the Senate have heard that evidence. They allocated one day to it.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm sorry. I didn't even know what had happened.
Speaker 2: And it's a great point because most of the country doesn't know it happened. Senator Ralph Berbett pushed. I think it was on his fourth time he finally convinced the Senate to have this inquiry. The Senate voted thirty one to thirty in favor of inquiring to excess deaths. They allowed only about four weeks for submissions, which wasn't anywhere near enough, and devoted one day to trying to find out why are more Australians dying than should be.
Speaker 5: Well, I understand that report's going to be handed down in August, and I hope that everyone tunes in for it because I'm fascinated to here.
Speaker 7: I mean, when we have.
Speaker 5: An eighteen percent excess death rate, that's where it's at now. It's only been on the climb since it was brought to our attention by the Actuaries Society months ago. Then it was more like thirteen percent. I believe, if memory serves, it's only been climbing. This is something that we desperately need an answer to.
Speaker 7: We haven't had an excess.
Speaker 5: Death rate like this since World War II, and that certainly wasn't a mystery as to how we'd lost lives. So finally the Senate has very begrudgingly agreed to look into this and we're going to get that report handed down in August.
Speaker 7: I know albe all e.
Speaker 5: Is because that was my I first thought when I read this as well, in terms of life expectancy in Australia, the age dropping, I instantly went to excess mortality and just thought, well, naturally that's going to bump it down, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can I just say, though, so that they're saying that COVID is the third biggest killer or was the third biggest killer in the country, given that the rate of life expectancy or the life expectancy is only reduced by point one of a year, would that not prove what we were all saying from the beginning that COVID was really only a danger to.
Speaker 6: You if you were an old person.
Speaker 4: Right, because you would expect to see chromerbid it is, Yeah, because you would expect to see if it was killing young people on mass that you'd have a much starker decrease in the life expectancy, right, But that hasn't happened. So does that not prove that COVID for most people was reasonably fun.
Speaker 2: But won't the counter argument be No, it would have been shocking except for the vaccine lockdown that set. So that would be the counter. Whether we agree with that or not, but that'd be the counter. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what the papers are saying, including a massive exclusive on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian about the death of Cardinal George Pell.
Speaker 3: That's coming up in a month.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, well, Liz, there's an exclusive on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian that is particularly fascinating.
Speaker 5: Indeed, and I'm so glad somebody's onto this because I can't be the only person who when Cardinal Pell suddenly died at the age of eighty one after undergoing a hip operation in Rome, well it just didn't quite make much sense to me. But it turns out his mate is on the case. The front splash reads Pell's death shrouded in mystery. Former Vatican auditor vows to get to the truth. The Vatican's first Auditor General, Liberal Maloney, has described the death of cut Donald Pell as shrouded in mystery and revealed he made a heartfelt vow to get to the truth for his colleague while paying final respects at his.
Speaker 7: Coffin in Rome.
Speaker 5: Malorney, a foremer partner with multinational accounting giant Deloitte, is the only man left alive of the high powered trio led by Pell, who launched Pope Francis's reforms of the Holy Sees corrupt sclerotic financial systems. The article goes on to relay the most remarkable story about how these three men were going through the Vatican's' finances with a fine toothcomb, finding plenty of things that weren't so great. They were then unceremoniously fired. The two remaining and their officers were broken into by Vatican police. They confiscated electronic equipment, forced open a safe with axes, crowbars, sledgehammers, chisels, and power drills. It reads like something out of a true true crime novel. But this guy's story is truly extraordinary.
Speaker 7: And can I just say.
Speaker 5: Power to his arm because I thought that that needed looking into as well, given the timing of his passing and that we were told it was a cardiac arrest after a hip operation.
Speaker 2: Well, the article goes on to say that Cardinal Pearl was warned, don't have the hip operation in Rome, come back to Australia.
Speaker 3: For the operation.
Speaker 2: The article also says that his casket was closed at the funeral, which everyone thought was very unusual that it would be closed, and the autopsy wasn't done properly either. So there's a lot in this piece and I dare say it's not the last word we'll hear on this.
Speaker 4: No, Well, I mean he made a lot of enemies in the Vatican because he was trying to clean the joint and in Victoria, which is.
Speaker 5: Another reason why they tried to take him out with these sexual action.
Speaker 4: And this you'll remember allegations of people at the Vatican allegedly conspiring with the vict Torrian police to trump stuff up to try and get him because they were that worried about what he was doing and what he was uncovering. You'd be stupid not to be asking questions about the circumstances of his death.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the front page of Tomorrow's Daily Telegraph. The main story there relates to the Sydney Uni stabbing teen influenced.
Speaker 3: By salad bar of ideologies.
Speaker 2: The headline says from Tate that's Andrew Tate to terror. A fourteen year old boy accused of stabbing a student in the neck at the University of Sydney yesterday was allegedly influenced by a salid bar of ideologies and is a keen follower of controversial streamer Andrew Tait. The teen had been enrolled in a deradicalization program.
Speaker 3: So there's a little bit to unpack there.
Speaker 2: This fourteen year old was charged last year after an alleged plan to stage a quote christ Church terror like attack on a Sydney school. Those charges were dropped in February because of what they said were mental health issues. He was apparently placed into a deradicalization program, and now this alleged attack has taken place. What's interesting to me is salid bar And I'm commenting more on the reporting of this now rather than the allegations, because that's what they are, their allegations. But you've got a salad bar of ideologies and the only one they mention is Andrew Tate. I'm no fan of Andrew Tate at all, but I just found that interesting that that's the one they list.
Speaker 3: What were all the others? Why do we only have that one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I find this absolutely discussing reporting by the Daily Telegraph honestly do better.
Speaker 7: So apparently salad bar of ideologies.
Speaker 5: But the headline literally reads from Tate to Terra, how dare you?
Speaker 7: How dare you?
Speaker 6: Pin?
Speaker 5: Whatever this kid was up to on a guy oceans away whose videos he might have watched. Why is it that in today's society we have bought into this. What I believe stupid notion is that I can go out do whatever I really want to and then be like, well, Caleb Bond said such and such on the Late Debate last week, and now you're under fire for it.
Speaker 7: You'll be in the headlines splash. I mean, there's a lot to.
Speaker 5: Be said for Andrew Tate, good and bad, but ultimately I don't believe he's a terrible role model. He's certainly not the limpristed losers that most men have to look up to because society can't.
Speaker 7: Offer any better these days.
Speaker 5: He is extremely militant and one would say ultra masculine, but I find him utterly hilarious mostly.
Speaker 7: And if it.
Speaker 5: Became if it came between having my son look up to the Minister for Men's Behavioral Change of Victoria or Andrew Tate, I know who the heck I'd be picking.
Speaker 3: It's just Celid bar and that's what they go with it. It's just unjust.
Speaker 5: It is unjust to pin this on Tate and to feature his picture on the front page of the Daily Telegraph. They've already admitted that this young man struggles with mental health issues, and yet you found a way to twist this into oh Andrew Tate's fault Andrew Tates inspiration just nonsense.
Speaker 3: I think it's just alliteration. Take terror. It works.
Speaker 2: Let's go the other article on the front page. There workers teed off on Fridays.
Speaker 3: I like this story.
Speaker 2: Employees working from home are slacking off at the end of the week, taking long lunches and hosting virtual meetings at the Driving Range as Sydney CBD is flatlining, with close to one thousand office and retail spaces laying empty. The article goes on to say that most people are choosing to work from home on Mondays and Fridays, making all of their office meetings on Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays. Well, I don't know why that's controversial. It would be controversial if people weren't doing that, Caleb, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say, I don't mind the idea of taking meetings from the driving Range.
Speaker 6: Look, I have railed, as.
Speaker 4: You would well know, and many of our viewers would well know. I have railed against working from home for quite some time. But there's one part of this that I really like, and that's the people are taking long lunches on a Friday, because I think the decline of the West is like literally a linear line from when long lunches went out of fashion.
Speaker 6: The decline started there.
Speaker 4: It was all thanks to Paul Keating when he brought in the cap not the capital gains tax, the fringe benefits tax, which has discouraged businesses from punting up money for people to be able to go out and have a bit of fun on an expense account. Now, bring back the long lunch. That's where deals are done. That is where business is done. It's where as a reporter I would get good stories on a Friday afternoon over a few bottles of red and then into the pub afterwards for a few more pints. I came out of that with more yarns than I ever did sitting at my desk.
Speaker 6: Bring back the long lunch.
Speaker 4: It's what made Australia great, It's what made the West great.
Speaker 6: As far as I'm concerned, anyway, do I agree with me?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to argue with any of that. I think it made perfect.
Speaker 6: So I want to attend one of these.
Speaker 7: It sounds fay, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Look at the long lunch.
Speaker 4: Anyone wants to.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you just argued for long lunches and it would increase productivity.
Speaker 4: Absolute, absolutely believe it does increase productivity because.
Speaker 5: At the very least as well relationships at work between businesses. We're sitting down with people from your firm, et cetera, and so on.
Speaker 7: It's a very bonding experience. It's how business is done. For literally, if I want to.
Speaker 3: Get a deal, real estate deals get done on the golf tep.
Speaker 6: Do you want to get a deal done? Do you reckon? You're going to get a better outcome.
Speaker 4: Sitting in a sterile office or having a meal with someone and a few glasses of wine. I mean, once they loosen up, a few glasses of wine, just.
Speaker 6: Naming your figure. It's how business works.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the Newcastle Herald tomorrow where it's is body cams for staff on hospital front line. Body cams are the latest weapon in the battle against the rising number of assaults in public hospitals, including John Hunt Hospital. Almost ten Hunter, New England based doctors, nurses and other staff were physically assaulted every week during twenty twenty three, a total of five hundred and fourteen, and we talked last night at the story of a paramedic in Victoria who drove an ambulance off the road after an eighteen odd hour shift. You've got nurses in hospitals being belted and pelted for simply doing their jobs. These poor baggers do not get paid enough.
Speaker 3: We've got two big problems in hospitals.
Speaker 2: One is we've got a lot of people who are drug affected turning up at emergency departments, and everyone when they turn up to an emergency department gets frustrated. Now that doesn't excuse violent behavior, but people get frustrated because the weight is so incredibly long.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break when we come back. A Melbourne real.
Speaker 2: Estate agent who's got a unique sales pitch. He reckons he's the best looking agent in Melbourne and that's why you need him to sell your house. Welcome back, Well, Liz, everyone's wondering if it's not Biden for president, who's it going to be.
Speaker 5: Indeed, after Friday Night's dismal debate performance, everyone's a flutter.
Speaker 7: It's pretty much not a.
Speaker 5: Question of if Biden will step down, but when will he and who will step into those shoes. Well, Saturday Night Live decided to give us some insight into what's going on within the Democratic ranks right now.
Speaker 3: But if Biden's not going to run, who will, in thought.
Speaker 1: The jeeriff whizover, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Come on, there's going to be so he's coy.
Speaker 1: Lit their foul, the producers of Smile and the twisted minds of Morning Joe.
Speaker 7: A superstar cooking all the where.
Speaker 8: I mean, other than the oft quoted Michelle Obama, Michelle Obama for the White House.
Speaker 5: They really don't have a star crop to choose from.
Speaker 4: Like a star crop to me, that looks very Look, I'm just glad to see Snel actually doing something decent a right lately.
Speaker 6: You know, Well, a broken clock is right twice a day now. Look at six years old, I said.
Speaker 4: On national television that I wanted to be a real estate agent, and in fact it's six years old. On national television I sold a house. So I thought that I had the title of the best looking real estate agent in the country.
Speaker 6: Well, no, there's a bloke down in Melbourne, Noah res I.
Speaker 4: He put an ad on the back of a bus saying that he is the best looking agent in Melbourne, and that that is why you should buy a house from him or sell a house with him. You know, they took about looking like the back end of a bus, So I don't know that I would have gone for that option myself.
Speaker 6: But here he is explaining why he did it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 14: I always get comments from all the girls at the office and most importantly by my mum, always saying that I'm the best looking agent in the area and the funniest. So that from the girls and the team at their office, they thought it would be a good idea for us to stick it on our bus, just to be a little bit cheeky and different.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Look, I get compliments from girls in the office as well, but I don't come on with it.
Speaker 6: I don't come on with a super under my name that she is best looking TV host on But.
Speaker 2: He's not just the best looking, he's also the funniest and he can prove it because he's.
Speaker 7: Mum, his mum. He knows he's hamming it up and it works. We're talking about it.
Speaker 3: That's it from us. We've got to go, but stick around. Coming up is the Reader Penney Show.