Speaker 1: Welcome to the COVID NRL Show.
Speaker 2: As always, Michael carry On, It's Dave Rickyo here to discuss all things Rugby League, the headlines that matter, all the drama, all the scandal, and all the debate and talking points that has consumed the entire week. I want to start with one thing. Are we going soft on Jason Ryles?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 3: I think you know, the paramount of situation, lots of injuries are really inexperienced spine.
Speaker 1: You know, Ready's mate bomb.
Speaker 3: And Midell compared it to the Brisbane Broncos and unbelievable comparisons, not even close. And Jason Rowles will be underscrewted in next year, no doubt he will. But this year no, I don't feel like there's any pressure in his position.
Speaker 1: I think with para, let's put it into the context.
Speaker 2: Right soon, Jason Rowles walks into the front door and he taps the influential captain on the show, to Clint Guthereson and makes that huge decision at the time, knowing that he wants to blood Isaiah Youngie.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie.
Speaker 2: I never anticipated the yels to be suddenly in a finals opportunity with Isaiah and Isaia Young at fullback. Then comes a thirteen million dollar deal for Dylan Brown. Of what no one saw coming. How does Paramatta plan for that?
Speaker 1: If?
Speaker 2: And it was only it was only in Paramatta that he was going to join. If he didn't join the Nights, he was going to.
Speaker 1: Resign with them. So they've had the repercussions of that.
Speaker 2: And then the dummy half situation with Riley Smith and tallon to silver two rookies. I don't this is no comparison whatsoever to the Broncos.
Speaker 4: I look at this way, Dave, who had Paramatta in the top eight before this season began, no one, if you did good luck to you're missing the screw right because the squad wasn't up to it. And then compounding that, they've had more injuries than anyone in the competition. If you look at their injury record, it's been diabolical. So no one had them in the eight. Their injury record has been wayful. I think they won six games, the same amount as the Broncos. For me, it's almost a pass mark for Jason and the way given the lower expectations, the amount of injuries. They've had to win six games is not bad for me. So it's a drawer line between them and Brisbane. Is it borders on insanity? And Bomber and I had it out last night over it, and it's madness from the BA. I love the guy. Just to be clear, I love the bomb champion.
Speaker 2: That he is a paraffan too, by the way, you know, I just you said it's a past mark.
Speaker 1: It's probably like like it's five out of ten. Yeah, yeah, that's a that's a five out of ten. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like what I will say is and I will be beginning to.
Speaker 1: And I have been.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say critical, but I'm keeping putting a spotlight on is their current recruitment and future recruitment into the officer into the pre season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they need the Nielson players day, there's no doubt, mister. As we said, that score at the moment is good. Well, they missed Bronson Cherry, they missed Jesse McClean, they missed not a few, they missed a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a fan of Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Love Jaden Sewer. They're trying to get Jack Hawarth obviously, and I think they still hold our hope there for Jackie excuse me, jack Howard down the track. They need a front rower, particularly if they lose Junior Paulo. And that's really in the balance of the moment because they've only offered one year Perth. They're offering two years and significant money, so there's every chance maybe Junior goes, which would leave a pretty.
Speaker 1: Curt parat An a better team without him. But do you disagree with him going one year? No, no, that's fine, but he needs to stay at the footy club.
Speaker 4: All they need to replace him Dave And obviously the Spencer and new rumor has been doing and.
Speaker 2: He's not a replacement for Junior, but you j Butler is a super experienced front rower.
Speaker 1: I think they need both of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, that's well, that's best scenario, but that may not may not happen, right because I mean it's going to be hard for Junior. I'd imagine to knock that money back, turn that opportunity down. Bull Park figures are we're here in seven's eights, two eight, one point six, I think power about around the five hundred markets one year. It's a lot of money to turn you back on potentially, and paramatter haven't ruled that going a second year. They've just said it's we want to do one year deals now with him. So, I mean he's got to effectively turn down a guaranteed one point six million dollars to accept five hundred guaranteed and the potential for more. So it's a big decision for him to make. And regardless of what happens, Junior will be back at that club when his career is over because they love him, right. But you know, if they lose him, it leaves a hole.
Speaker 1: I don't see how you turn it down.
Speaker 4: No, that's got to take it. Mick. Mick, we all know you're driven by the mighty dollar. Not everyone else is mixed. Some of us are in it for loyalty, and you have You are a mercenary. A mercenary.
Speaker 1: You pip yourself out to everyone.
Speaker 4: Pimp, Yeah, I've pipped out today.
Speaker 1: New boots. Yeah, what's going on here? Why are you wearing boots for?
Speaker 4: Because I'm playing tonight and I've got new boots, new as boots.
Speaker 1: I got to wear them in, right, and he decided to wear them on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Got to wear them in otherwise, you know, you gotta wear your boots in pipped out for the poorry about blister because I'm coming back from a hamstring problem. Pretty flash bootout a torn hammy. They're ripping boots without a torn amy, so I'm coming back from a torn hammy.
Speaker 1: This is what we have to work with. Colleagues that wear their boots to work.
Speaker 4: They're pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I like them, pretty nice.
Speaker 4: I should run faster than these. Do you think you you're a mercenary? We all know it right, You're about the mighty dollar? Maybe Junior. Maybe there's more to Junior. Who he's got more substance to.
Speaker 2: Who's not at the footy club next year at Para. Dylan Walker's moving to the UK Super League? What Jack the bellin situation?
Speaker 1: I have an option paramatter, but I don't think they're going to take that up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have a good year run involvement.
Speaker 2: Actually they don't think Develon Will were there not as it stands as it worked.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't you respect the jack. I'm not sure they're going to miss Jack Junior. They would miss and Dylan Walker and Dylan Walk I would have resigned three years.
Speaker 1: This is the thing that's three years on the table from leeds. What do you do? I can't go to three years?
Speaker 2: Okay, so so where are that? So where are we recruiting next year? Like what they definitely spoke about Spencer definitely need a middle. They've got They've got Jeram and Mitch and the halves.
Speaker 1: They have to stay on the paddy. That's the key, the.
Speaker 2: Spine striking the outside backs, the.
Speaker 3: Striking outside backs, and they're and they're not trees. If Junior goes there, two middle short one they're too because I think they're a middle short regardless of like with Junior resigning.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they need to fill those gaps.
Speaker 3: And you look at Perth trying to scram with look at Dragon still trying to find a strikeout outside back.
Speaker 2: I hate to say, it's a tough things backfired.
Speaker 4: It's a tough market to be shopping in Dave at the moment because of Perth and p and G. It's a really difficult market for them. So then you know, as well as the outside back in the middle, they also need probably by potentially a half at some point in twelve months time, because we all know that Jerome's only there for twelve months. If the young blokes aren't ready. If the young blokes don't come through, they're gonna have to find a six as well.
Speaker 1: They should have just hold on to Ronnie Voultman.
Speaker 4: Then maybe they don't. Maybe they're looking for for someone a bit more elite.
Speaker 2: Ready's kool aid. As far as the West Tigers are concerned, well, it's all out. I mean he's running out. He's got judgs giving up on them, jugs of kool aid.
Speaker 4: If they win this week, they win this week, the week, they're still alive. I'm not declaring this season.
Speaker 1: Have you tipped the West Tigers to meet the Raiders?
Speaker 4: I haven't, right, Okay, I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure I didn't you record Tiger's gonna play make the I.
Speaker 4: Said, if they win this week, I'm not the season is not over them.
Speaker 1: Do you think I do? Watch time watched the game, will make the eight?
Speaker 4: I don't think they make it.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool aid that, But as they said.
Speaker 4: It is not yet.
Speaker 1: Cool Aid's done. It's running out now. I write.
Speaker 2: I wrote a column on on on Tuesday, controversial Breton.
Speaker 1: Read esk and what's that? It's m A D. It was out there, Jerry out there. I admit that that was out there.
Speaker 2: However, I've had a hey, I must have had very very positive feedback from very influential FIGM except.
Speaker 1: For Michael Berry artists.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, it's my belief that the plan Chiefs should have signed Jerome Lewye as their man to front the club and the franchise for the remainder of the twelve months, not risking injury with the paramounter reels and then therefore being unavailable the.
Speaker 1: Chief salary cap dave the Chiefs like, what do they pay him? Just paying as part of the soft cap how much? Seven hundred?
Speaker 2: No, you could why not because that's ruled in the cap seven He's not playing for it, exactly exactly. It's a way around the cap. So if you said to someone, give someone who's off contract right now that doesn't have a club for next year, junior Paula Okay, junior, he's a million dollars next year to be a recruitment officer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's free, and he and his junior signed to the Bears the following season. He's come and play for P and G. He's not playing, He's not he's not playing, he's playing.
Speaker 4: How many players are going to take twelve months off and not play.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're going to throw the stupid money to do so, you can. But he's already contracted to the Chiefs. He's going there. There's no drama, but it.
Speaker 4: Would be a next situation.
Speaker 1: No o, what you got like, there's a that's a capital. This could be a capital easily. It could because because there's no cap for there's no soft cap for what players?
Speaker 4: Did it take twelve months off?
Speaker 1: Exactly what? No one dave suggestion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's what. No suggestion was that there believe that this would be a worker set a present of course going to do this, not.
Speaker 1: Something that could be a work to do it.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying it could be a worker I understand what you're saying. But might a workaround, a work around the cap?
Speaker 4: Oh it's a yes, okay, what's a workaround you use?
Speaker 1: Understand you're talking man, How is that complicated? I understand what.
Speaker 2: He's sayings already signed to the Cheese.
Speaker 1: Isn't a cap rule. He's already signed to the Cheese and the contract has been Look, you can't give someone seven hundred thousand dollars off the cap to not play next year. But he's an employee. The club can pay him whatever he wants an employee. So it's a cap rough. He's already signed the chief So what But you can send the precident that any player, some young gun kid that's eighteen, all right, he's eight hundred thousand dollars next year, not to.
Speaker 4: Play, don't play for twelve months, come and play for.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now you're with me. Now you're with me.
Speaker 4: I'm saying you're putting the you're putting the.
Speaker 1: Already signed out the chiefs. Yeah he hasn't. You're not saying, come and sign at the chiefe. But we'll give you this. There's no difference you can there is. Imagine he's already signed. You can do the same thing.
Speaker 4: You could argue just for arguments. It's about something that that's the power of the com it's the power of this because I settle crowd were on.
Speaker 3: The phone, the three of us from the phone, I said, Dave, what are you talking about? And the old mate he's going rite it right, And I'm like.
Speaker 4: Well, if you believe it right, of course, that's what we do. We stir, debate, we create.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's so to have a year off for a player that could risk significant injury.
Speaker 1: I've just seen two Achilles injuries. Every player risks significant injury every week. Not not the market, signing of the franchise.
Speaker 4: Of the year, the nature of the Beasts around twenty nine thirty. You can't be having years off this point.
Speaker 3: Actually help him by that stage, all right, So years Law hasn't played for twelve months, Miner hasn't played for four years, the recruiting for two.
Speaker 1: If you're going to let Jerome l sit for.
Speaker 4: Twelve months the recruit I think it's fair criticism, but that would be that would be formulating a roster that hasn't played for a while.
Speaker 1: That would be an issue.
Speaker 4: Hasn't played the league for a while. But I'm not worried about your own Joey Marnon, who I think he's talid enough that worried about if you play.
Speaker 1: Have you been watching him play.
Speaker 4: In the French rug I haven't watched any of him.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, he's coming from the bench, is he yes?
Speaker 4: Because he's a league blake. He probably missed playing rugby league. That's probably why he's a better rugby league player.
Speaker 2: The coaches, you look like you're missing rugby league, so you think on the bench, So hold on you are you worried about Joey Marner was a football Are you saying that Joey Marner is not going to come back and be a success in rugby league?
Speaker 1: Success? Yes, superstar questionable?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Dave, particularly a fullback, because you're going to how long has he been out of league?
Speaker 1: Three or four years?
Speaker 4: If it doesn't work. But there's playing in the centers. What's the problem?
Speaker 1: Cash money?
Speaker 4: What's he getting eight hundred there or something?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're playing eight hundred for a center in the modern game, star the same.
Speaker 1: That's a good. Same for Zach a star center.
Speaker 4: He's just made.
Speaker 1: He's going to be Actually I actually don't have he'll be. He'll be the player you'll pay eight hundred.
Speaker 4: For two centers under the This drives me insane. Say it again. We're talking about the cap in twenty twenty eight, when it will be minimum fifteen potentially sixteen million dollars. You have if you're playing eight hundred for two centers, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Was the last problem? Woman? Was the last rugby league game.
Speaker 4: Joey Marnin, who played two three years ago or something. I remember being a gun on the gun remember which one I remember the time? But for me, right, there's there's a handful of centers in the game you would pay mega money to. Right, there's Latrell, this Herby farm Worth is Steve Crichton, and there is Joey.
Speaker 1: Marty and he's playing my mind, Joe I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Play that climate to make the money. Well they are not really where they play him seven a hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, you said the same money for No, that's.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying on Joey Marny's not an exorbitant but you're.
Speaker 1: Saying you wouldn't pay it for Zap. But that's what they're paying him.
Speaker 4: No, just not mega money though, that's not mega money. Okay, you could see that mega money under the twenty eight caps. You were a huge money.
Speaker 1: But you just listed how much you paid players eight hundred.
Speaker 4: They're getting them cheap for me, they're getting in cheap.
Speaker 1: It's not cheap, not cheap for it because you look at look at the I.
Speaker 2: Think I think where you're coming from is it's as though he's just walked out of the roofs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's telling enough that it won't make a difference.
Speaker 1: Super talent. How many players have come back, but.
Speaker 2: Joey and you talk to the power in the people that yeah, coach played.
Speaker 4: People with influence around him.
Speaker 1: Joey. Joey chills out in off season.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: And takes a chill out in the off season, takes a few rounds. I'm not an elite athlete.
Speaker 4: You well, you went very well in the the journalist sprint. He would like, that's Tommy Birmingham. He's got your head on his He hasn't played rugby.
Speaker 1: League and he has. He has a big off season before that.
Speaker 4: Again, I'm not worried about Joey Marney, are you okay?
Speaker 3: So my concern is more around the fullback situation, and you're like, well, we just moving. Are you concerned about him playing fullback? Considering all right, he'll be what thirty one thirty two hasn't played league for thirty four years, hasn't really I know he's played full back, right, but hasn't really played a season, week in week out fullback. So you expect him to do it for the first time when he's thirty one thirty two, four years out of the game.
Speaker 4: That. I'm happy to con see.
Speaker 1: That's that's been my reason. You've been screaming at me.
Speaker 4: It's not a risk because they can just move him to the centers.
Speaker 1: You just can't, like you can, okay, after full salary caps aren't.
Speaker 4: But they're being very smart with the cap because they're signing boats without ratchet causes in many cases. Right yeah, and there signing guys because of the tax three dollars they're getting guys on unders.
Speaker 1: I understand that it just depends who it's not depends not a risk, this depends who they sign at fullback, this smile, This depends this.
Speaker 4: My other argument in this, right, I think you can get away with having a average center. You don't need a fullback, Sorry you don't. You don't for me needing fullback if you have good halves, a good hooker and a gun center.
Speaker 1: Premiership team that's won the comp with.
Speaker 4: An okay, okay, fullback, Yeah, let's go through that. Let's go through Dylan Edwards. He's very good full wasting good debate fullback. I don't know. I'd have to go back and think about it. I think you can get away with it. I don't think in the Superstar Fellas.
Speaker 2: This was a very very cool project that we invested time into and it's called Welcome to First Grade. It's currently on the Code Sports platforms. Footy Fan go check it out. We interview all the guns about that Welcome.
Speaker 4: To first Grade moment game when they got the news who gave it to them? When they realized this is first grade. There was a moment in that game they went Okay, I'm playing then yeah, very intrigued, very funny stories about great anecdotes, the cheap shots out on the field, from the from the rival, seeing your player that's picking out the rookie.
Speaker 1: It's really good stuff. Cod sports dot Com.
Speaker 2: You go check it out with a look huge game to Night Fellas Paramotuta penrith No Dylan Edwards those tense stitches in his head as Tommy Jenkins to fall back and be interesting to see if Jenkins can keep the try trist streak going.
Speaker 1: Actually didn't score last week's.
Speaker 2: If he scores tonight, he surpasses Rhys wesser as for most tries in a season by a Panther.
Speaker 4: The original Relighting.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome company to join. That's it just feels like pednif to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's off the back of last week and you're laughing at what's before.
Speaker 4: You're working around anything to it.
Speaker 1: Not much to actually, there's not much, Dad Penrith.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think get the money, cash, Get the cash.
Speaker 2: Friday and night, six o'clock up at Newcastle, Newcastle versus the Rouses.
Speaker 1: The Knights are funny. The Knights are funny at the moment and it's sort of just there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the comedy games that we thes have been. You're doing sideline this game are yeah? Yeah about that trip, Yes, love love going up there. McDonald jones.
Speaker 1: I went with the Roosters. I thought it was pretty good last week.
Speaker 3: I know they lost then I lost on no better than what they had been in a few previous games when we spoke about it.
Speaker 1: Here is there an upset here. I just don't think they've got the middles. Their middles are heard in at the moment.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, Rus robson and like when conn of Watson was on, they could have a bit of a party in the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what I tipped in this game. Now I think about it. I think I tipped the Roosters, But now I think about it, I'm thinking it's a bit of a toss of the coin game. This one.
Speaker 1: Teddy comes back from them.
Speaker 4: For every chance of winning this game. He turns it on. They can win this game.
Speaker 1: My concerns through the middle, Big Nafar, He's just outstanding. Their middles are just struggling right now.
Speaker 3: They didn't have the depth there and they lost Jacob Sefi and a couple others.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my concern for.
Speaker 2: The nice second game on Friday night, Bunnies, very storm, huge game for both clubs, and everyone's tipping South Sydney on Monday.
Speaker 1: By Tuesday you're.
Speaker 2: Having serious considerations to flipping it over to the Melbourne Storm given the injury carnage at the Bunnies. Kem Murray tell us Duncan Latrell Mitchell Day for food to suspend it, like that's just heavy.
Speaker 1: I still tipped him. I went with Melbourne. I was still tips house, no confidence.
Speaker 3: Jerame Hughes back, Jerame Hughes massive. If Jerame Hughes wasn't there, definitely what a Tips house. Yeah, but still you know ke On in the mix. Cody Walker can still he's a good player.
Speaker 4: I can't remember I tipped in this class. You're tip Melbourne though, I Thinkbourne tip Melbourne. Yeah, two players near Batman A bit I'll give you. I'll give you gouse because you're a bit of a rookie with.
Speaker 2: This recording, podcast and radio stuff. I'll give you some advice. Never tell the listener.
Speaker 4: I can't remember that.
Speaker 1: You can't remember something, Okay, just just say what you think A though. If Reenie stops saying, what's it going to say?
Speaker 4: Storm for me?
Speaker 1: I remember Saturday, Saturday afternoon down in the nation's capital. Oh, I got I got worries for the Tigers here. This could get ugly having cambradg just hit a little bit of a purple patch, young big out and young big Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hoskin's nose loud normally having back here three weeks four weeks ago, I was on the phone of Ricky and Ricky's going, I need to get some troops back. Can to get Noah Martin back, And I'm thinking, this is really excited to get Noel Martin back.
Speaker 1: And now I know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was good from him start of the year, haven't you know, won that starting back race spot and then obviously had that lengthy layoff. I think he got injured in the game against the Tigers that like Hut he did a few an awesome game that one that.
Speaker 1: Was a fun game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but no Raiders for mine Tigers. Just a lot of nothing happening there at the moment.
Speaker 4: I remember who I tipped in this one.
Speaker 2: Wow, he went against his own team, Tigers. One of the many sorry Bulldogs Warriors.
Speaker 1: Massive game for Canterbury.
Speaker 4: I've chipped the Doggies in this. You know what.
Speaker 1: I can feel it too.
Speaker 4: I think they're back batter. They're went five at their last seven.
Speaker 1: Wrior won.
Speaker 4: He's a dogs men as well. Please five of the last seven. I think they make it six the last eight. They could actually be in the eight by the end of the weekend. I think things go their way.
Speaker 2: This is a game if ken, if Canterbury actually realize how important it is and they want to go and win this game, they will go into that defensive fortress mode and really lock in like a finals atmosphere and just go absolutely helpful for the victory.
Speaker 3: Let's forget to the defense. Let's talk about their attack again. Sean side our standing last week dropped well. Stephen Crichton comes back, makesway what would.
Speaker 1: You have done?
Speaker 2: I go with Crichton, and I like Sewan as a football player, but he's also come onto the field in games this season and not had that level of impact that he had last week. And I want to say it respectfully. They beat the West Tigers, all right.
Speaker 1: I want I want.
Speaker 2: The best player at my football club on the field getting his hands on the ball the most opportunities he can, and that is Stephen.
Speaker 4: Krist I'd also say their form was pretty good before that game. I just said the one five of the past seven, that's four of them if you take that that came out. They had won four of their past six right with that without Sewn. So I'm like you, I love Sewan right coach one day. He was an intelligent footballer and he's a great ace to have up your sleeve. But I think they're in good form prior to him coming into the team anyway. But you forget that. People just go to last game. They were great, he played half back. Everything changed, Things had already changed, the momentum had already shifted to that footage club, right, So I think people need to remember that when we have this discussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think with me on that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, Army kick made Brent thank you to get the key for the Dogs. They've got two big Edgebackston kickout and the Warrior's edges can be flimsy, so I reckon they could have a bit of j.
Speaker 4: You've really turned on the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I think the Dogs. I think they're going to make the finals.
Speaker 1: I think they Yeah, one week at a time for maybe we'll see.
Speaker 4: I reckon you need to get there in the end. I just think there's a lot of teams at the bottom of the eight who are struggling a little bit, and I think they're going to sneak in there.
Speaker 1: Cowboys Broncos Saturday Night.
Speaker 2: Todd Peyton reckons no one likes the broncosh.
Speaker 4: He's right. I like him on the Broncos fan's right to their first game. People heard the Broncos. I did go their first game against mainly Park Hello King Powers, Powers. I don't think it was came out later Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I went the Cowboys that he's got it right. This week Peyton bringing Clifford back into the halves did him with one run under his belt.
Speaker 1: Better, he'll be better, a lot better. I've gone the Cows.
Speaker 3: I've gone the Broncos because that side, like now that they are four strengths electric, do you.
Speaker 4: Think they can make the finals? Sneak No, Okay, I've got.
Speaker 1: The uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah if they could win, like if they could drop two games, and I'd say yes, but I think it's going to be a little bit difficult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I've gone the Broncos as well. Yeah, And Todd's right. Everyone does hate the Broncos. That's why it's always been. It's not a new thing. They've always been the Glamor Club and all that sort of stuff. It's a been like the Roosters in Sydney, you know. So we've Broncos have thrived on the hate over the years. We love, we love it, not really stick it up.
Speaker 1: The haters have only won one premiership however many years.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Sunday afternoon at mix Home Ground at Cogra Dragons v Titansbuster.
Speaker 1: What a game, you know what.
Speaker 2: I just wish somethings had one or two more wins so that this whole Wooden spoon a battle was I'm sure they wish to.
Speaker 1: Get you serve in life, never seen it would Spoon not really big on it.
Speaker 4: Make sure we get them, make sure that's a good point to see them. How can you remember that when it's confirmed in a.
Speaker 1: Few years ago.
Speaker 2: Sure, Dragons Titans, I'll go to the Dragons here showing enough.
Speaker 1: I just worry about that. I think the Titans in this game, the second.
Speaker 4: Life, they's time to I feel like that. I was actually thinking about this the other day watching a play Dave, and I was thinking, I'm not tipped in to make the ape next year. I know it's lunacy, but I like the way they're I like the way they can't. I feel like they turned a bit of a corner.
Speaker 1: You are with me, you're a dead lunatic.
Speaker 4: But no, you're.
Speaker 1: A dead lunatic.
Speaker 2: But that's not that's not in your top drawer of lunacy. Yeah it's not totally dumb, but like, no, I'm not with.
Speaker 4: You, Okay. I just feel what I just feel like.
Speaker 2: The Cooper Boys talent. They just look like he's going to be better.
Speaker 4: You can see what Josh trying to do.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, and you look at these are the worst last and second last size that we've seen. They're not do you know what I mean. I'm not horrific, They're not. You know, you can see where they get to next year. So yeah, I feel like it's not totally red Man areas in terms of madness.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I won't have him in my hate. No. I wanted him to come last.
Speaker 4: Night, just like I was thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Did you tip them in this game?
Speaker 4: I did? I think I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, your tips on the big screen somewhere.
Speaker 4: I think I did.
Speaker 2: Final game of the round mainly versus Cronella YouTube mainly had four pints.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The one thing I was about to say about the Dragons, Titans and so too now this one mainly have you checked the weather. It's going to be a cracking Sunday afternoons, oh twenty degree.
Speaker 1: It helps the Titans. Like dry track, Dragons Titans, We're going to see a lot of hopefully some that helps the Titans. They've got a lot more attacking flat in the Dragon.
Speaker 2: And then mainly Coronella dry track at four pints with the hill heaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, manly. I was listening to Kieren Fawn on radio this morning.
Speaker 2: He's talking about how their cohesion has just been missing since Luke Brooks has gone yep, and I think we're underestimating that.
Speaker 4: Which has been out as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah and Tom now Yeah, so I think we underestimate. You just can't rip your half out of anything really and think that it's not going to have an impact. And that certainly has been the case for Manly and he was playing really well Brooks and it sort of went under the radar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was a large part of their with intrigue.
Speaker 4: Ye people thought Joey Walls should just step in and fill the void. He's a kid, right and he needs to play some first grade and they didn't want to rush him. This is why they didn't want to rush rushing because it comes up some really good things. But sprinkling amongst that is some some rookie sort of areas, right, So and Brooks he wasn't making them, so that's hurting them a little bit the moment. And as you mentioned, the cohesion on the edges, because what when Kieren first go over that footy team defensively was sensational, right, they played with some real grit and some residience. In the last couple of weeks, that's what they've lost. Yeah, they're considering a lot of points now, a lot of tackles. That's that's killing him. And the Sharks have you missed man perform there in Dave they can burn you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Britain Benny Trobovitch comes back in. He's on Brittain Nicker's side. BRIT's got some pretty good leg speed in that line that he runs.
Speaker 1: Is ridiculous and they're getting some troops back. Carnula are getting stronger.
Speaker 2: They bring Jesse Raman back into the team who missed last week. Jesse Calhoun comes back into the team from last week and one more it is it'll Cometallica comes back into the team.
Speaker 4: From last week and pitchy form, aren't they.
Speaker 2: It's Cronulla typically a terrible ground for Cronulla to win matches. That that's why.
Speaker 1: And it is old Boy's day for mainly so they'll be up in about a huge game for them too. They have a buy next week mainly so it's a four point games.
Speaker 4: I can't remember our chips, I think mainly with no confidence.
Speaker 2: We brought this in last week, yes, messages of the week and basically Mick it's.
Speaker 1: All those soft calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those Dodgy reviews them those by rounds that nobody.
Speaker 4: Wants nonsense in rugby league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you talk a lot of. It's time to call it out read man, so again. Get all your messages in. Go to cod sports dot com Today codesports dot com, DoD are you we want to hear from? Send your bs messages in. Like Kirston has local girl from Sydney. She says she's really sick of the bunker the rest making decisions because the on field refs are incapable or capital letters won't make a decision.
Speaker 1: Kirston records they should grow up.
Speaker 4: It's a tough on referees.
Speaker 1: M she's got a point last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not the on field referees fault. It's a gibber in the bunker. You've got it wrong? Well, you know, they just want to get it right.
Speaker 2: We just need what about the forward pass? Saint George la warre versus? What's the sideline official?
Speaker 4: What's he doing? Who's right there?
Speaker 2: Dave's right, he needs to be wearing some of your boots.
Speaker 1: Keep up with the play, baby, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Come on, Mick puns, we're here from you.
Speaker 1: What's that? What is that person.
Speaker 2: If you could only see me, it doesn't jump on YouTube to see, doesn't key see what the girls are getting involved today. Melissa's chimed in from the Central Coast Golden Points.
Speaker 1: She says, she hates it.
Speaker 2: She hates it so much. If after eighty minutes you are tired, so be it. Except in the final, she says, get rid of Golden Point.
Speaker 4: I cannot agree with you on this one. Golden Points had another dimension to rugby league. I like, it's still tiding, it's thrilling, it's pulsating. Everything you want out of our game.
Speaker 1: I'm with Brent, no need slight tweak. I'd like.
Speaker 3: Not going to try, but you get an opportunity to have the ball the NFL. That's the only week that I will explain it to the listeners. So in the first set that if you score a point or a try right, first set, the next possession, so the opposition gets another chance as well to try, and the following set, following set right, and you get one set to try and score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going down the path of diluting the celebration. That's what you're going down there.
Speaker 4: You're still in the moment.
Speaker 1: He's still the moment, like the Bunkers stole on the moment so many times.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm not with you on that you stole.
Speaker 1: Don't care for either of You're with me on it.
Speaker 4: That's what I think, calling bs On.
Speaker 2: Calling bs on, Mick, get it in, tell us what you hate, get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Seriously, we're here for you. We're here to counsel you.
Speaker 2: Therapy with Redman, Rick, Mick Cod sports dot com dot are you