Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming she how.
Speaker 2: Do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 1: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable, catching them mut I.
Speaker 2: Love being love. I love love. On today's episode of Where's Your Head, we are talking about summer romances.
Speaker 1: And how you are very likely to find your one true love whilst on holiday.
Speaker 2: Summer is just around the corner for our listeners, so let's hit the mark with some scorching hot tips.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned to hear about my upcoming hot girl summer. Where's Your Head Hat is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Hello, mass Anna, how are you? I'm good. I'm very excited because we have a lot to catch up on.
Speaker 2: We do. I was just saying before, it feels like I haven't been in the studio in forever, but actually really like a week. But it feels like so much longer, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, If you don't know or don't follow, it in Matt's socials. He's been having a lavish old time in Hamilton Island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we went up for my girlfriend Jen and a twin sister, Nikki's thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've never been to Hamilton Island. I been to the Wit Sunday's Early Beach. I've got family that lived there, so growing up would go there all the time. But I've never been to Hamilton Island, so we flew in there. It's one of those things though, like you know after a vacation where you need another vacation because it's just so go, go go, Like.
Speaker 1: The whole that was full on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you've got the Sunset cruise, White Apron Beach Day, You've just got like everything, and it's just so there's so much going on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't feel like you really like got a chance to really kick back and relax.
Speaker 2: We had one day by the pool where we had like drinks in that so much alcohol, you know, like my liver needs a break from it.
Speaker 1: That talks about how his living needs a break, and two days later he's on the pick.
Speaker 2: I know, I know that it's actually funny you say that because I said last week I'm not drinking anymore, and then fair enough, the weekend comes up and I'm back out with the boys again drinking. So Chen's just like, stop it, stop saying that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was something exciting that happened on your trip though, on day two, was it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So Jen's twin sister, NICKI, who's been with her boyfriend Murph for maybe six seven years even longer, I'm not sure, finally pop the question and asked to marry him. Yes, So congratulations to Nick and Nick they are very cute. Well, he did it very in a cute way, so he wanted to do it on the boat cruise, but he didn't know it was like he thought it was just gonna be us on there, but it was with other tourists as well, so there was too much going on on the boat cruise. But that would be brave to pull it off in front of the family, to get on one knee and everyone's like yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, like have you seen those Proposals gone Wrong videos? And they're always on a boat or in the desert, and they like go to get on one knee and the ring like either goes in the ocean or goes in the sand in the desert. Like, I just guys, if you're thinking of proposing, don't do it there. Like those videos just the anxiety levels through the ruin.
Speaker 2: I should drop that ring as well, would be sucking a real shame, like it's a.
Speaker 1: Beautiful ring, but it is a beautiful ring.
Speaker 2: So he ended up doing it in for the sunrise. So the plan was But what I thought was he said, we're going to go for the gym in the morning.
Speaker 1: You and him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he said, let me, I'll like set your alarm, we'll get off, we'll go for gym early in the morning. And I was like, yeah, you know what's fair enough. Start the day early there, you watch the sunrise there, your day starts early, finishes early. So I was like all right. So I'm sleeping away and we're hearing a knock on the door and I'm like fuck fuck a Gy'm like, jen, get that. And then I'm like tell Murph. I'm like telling that I slept through my alarm, and she's like all right, all right, and then I hear her from the door and she's like bullshit, and I'm like just telling my sleeps when I'm quickly trying to get dress. I'm like, all, I slept through my alarm. She's like, you're lying, You're lying, and I'm like, I know, I'm lying, I know, but just tell him I slept from my fucking alarm, Like what's the big deal. But it turns out that Nicky and him or at the door and she just wasn't saying anything, just holding her ring in front of Gens. So Jen was talking to.
Speaker 1: NICKI so Jen's reacting to the ring, and you thought Jen was reacting to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like, yes, that I'm lying. Just fucking tell him that I slept through my alarm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was hilarious. And then I came out and I congratulated him. But another thing that I recommend from my trip when I was away was definitely when you go to with Sundays to go out to the Great bew Reef and do the helicopter tour. So I saw that joined myself went over the love shaped reef, the heart shape. Yeah, so I've done it before, but it was definitely way better to do it with a partner that you love.
Speaker 1: So maybe she thought you were good. IM proposed that's like a proposal hot spot. Do you know that?
Speaker 2: Look I thought, you know, when I thought about it, I was like, I was like, fuck, this would be the perfect time to do it. But there's other people in our cabin, so you'd have to book the whole helicopter. You'd have to reckon word the helicopter pilot up to make sure he does like a hover around the thing. So you do it. Yeah, but that would be actually a great spot, maybe very cute. Maybe that's one to keep in the memory bank. But I definitely recommend to go there with your partner.
Speaker 1: Love that. I love that recommendation. You know what. It wasn't on my list, but after I saw your beautiful, like scenic Instagram stories, I was like, put that one on the bucket list.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we've got our bucket list book that we do together, so that's the first one we've ticked off. So a happy moment there.
Speaker 1: Cute. Well, while you were away, my little girl group who I have been friends with them since school. There's a total of five of us. Yeah, the girls chat the girls. We decided to finally book a trip a girl's holiday, So.
Speaker 2: This is your first one.
Speaker 1: It's we've had girls holidays before, but not everyone went. So when I was in Thailand with two two of the girls, Sarah and Laura, we were drunk in a infinity pool in Thailand and we made we actually went skinny dipping, oh okay in this pool and tell us more about that, And we made a pack so that if we hadn't gone on a girl's holiday with all five of us, then we would do it when we all turn thirty at some point that year. And honestly, I didn't think it was going to happen, Like I've already been on a lot of holidays this year. I thought like I'd tied my boots up for the year, like even probably into next year. Like I was like, I'm not like moving now, I'm settling in and they rallied together and we're going to Bali. So I'm going on a girls holiday.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. So who's on that trip. There's a couple of you that are single as well, so they'll be having a bit of fun up there, won't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's two single friends and there's three of us who are in a relationship.
Speaker 2: So you're two singles friends might be looking out for the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're going to have a bit of a hot girl summer when we're away. So we are going to talk all things holidays and holiday romances next.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's talk about hot girl summer. Anna. Obviously you are a tanning queen. You're the queen of tanning. Do you want to give us some tips on how you keep that ten? Because I went into Hamilton Island, I did not have a tan, I did not have a starter base. I was I did notice that. Yeah, I was wide as a ghost. I was worried to get out and sun. Because you know me, I'm very son smart.
Speaker 1: I won't mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we both are. We won't go in the sun unless we have to. What are the tips to keep that tanned? Well, to go into a holiday tanned?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, like you know me, I've been tanning for a very long time, so I have all the tips and tricks. It's so weird. People always ask me to make videos on Instagram and it's like I have so much to tell that I just like forget. So I thought let's give people some tips on this podcast. Okay, So my top tips when going on holiday and you want to be tanned is to get a gradual tanner. Start using it two or three days before you go on holiday so that when you actually get there, you're not rolling in pale as a ghost, because that's yeah, that's like my worst nightmare. And then I think that something that people always forget when they're fake tanning is to use an amazing moisturizer to keep your body super hydrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're obviously out in the sun, it's going to try it out.
Speaker 1: Dry out your skin. Yeah, So I use the Jergins moisturizer. It's from Chemists Warehouse. I think it's the Sweet Citrus one. So it's like got essential oils in it. It smells like.
Speaker 2: Does it's like orange kind of yeah, I reckon I smelled that before. Yeah, it smells really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's a moisturizer I use. I swear by it. I literally will put it on my skin, like lather my skin in it like two three times a day when I'm on holiday. So for all those hot girls who are having a hot girl summer, definitely check out that moisturizer. It's a goody.
Speaker 2: Or if you're just going on a nice family trip to Hamilton Island and you don't want to roll in looking like caspar I'm going to definitely try. I wish I knew this advice.
Speaker 1: At where you go head over to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to have to pull your next trip match my basket.
Speaker 1: That might help you out a little bit. But I want to know. Have you ever had a holiday romance?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean like I've had holiday like when I've gone away and I hooked up with people and that Actually they were telling everyone in my family will me and Jen stayed at this place that when I was younger, I was like thirteen fourteen, I stayed at and they told this story about house in the spa with a bunch of these older girls at like sixteen and ended up hooking up with one. And then I kept telling that story the whole time I was there. My uncles and aunties. Whenever I mentioned the place, they're like, oh, you're going back to that spa, are you, Maddie boy? And I'm like, so, I've had like those sort of stories growing up, but I have had one. Look. So I was modeling in Milan for like three months, and I went over to visit my uncle and my family in London. So I flown I haven't seen my uncle maybe for ten years. He's in that time, got a girlfriend. She has three kids. One of them was a girl around the same age as me. So we hit it off where she's taking me into London and she's taking me to my casting. She's driving around, we're going to the pubs together. We're drinking, chatting, you know, all the stuff that you do, and.
Speaker 1: I'm showing you a little bit of extra love and ten yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, you know, this girl's an't really cool, you know, like really like my vibe, my flavor, you know, she's she's a cool chick. So then we I go back to Australia. You know, we hit it off there. I go back to Australia. We're talking every now and then, and then she ends up saying, hey, I've bought a ticket. I'm coming out to Australia on this day. So I'm like, fuck, man, like we're on here, like you know, this is this could be something.
Speaker 1: Actually, I just have one question. Had you had sex in England or London? We don't know, so you just kissed done a little bit more.
Speaker 2: No I'm not I'm not liberally say, but yeah, I actually don't remember if we did or not. Now actually you say that it was a bit of a kiss. Yeah, I don't remember anyway.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't remember if we did. I feel like we did. But so she's come back, she's come to Australia. I don't get it right, I don't get what actually happened, and I still to this day don't get so like she came from the airport, was okay, Like were like, hugged it out, We're cool. So you picked her up from the air from the airport. She was staying at my mum's at the time because I was still living at home, and it just was like it was a different girl. I'd had this full like schedule plan for her for the week she was in Australia and it wasn't who I met in England at all. She was like a completely different girl.
Speaker 1: Oh so I'm so confused, distant.
Speaker 2: Did not give me any attention. Even got to the point where I took her out for her birthday while she was here. We went to a bar in Melbourne with all my friends, my sister's friends because they have his birthday around the same time. She ended up hooking up with another guy. What Yeah, So like I was sort of like, well fuck me, Like this didn't go the way I thought, and I just gave her nothing for the rest of her a couple of days she was in Australia.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: So this isn't a romance story. I should have picked that off from the start.
Speaker 1: This is a heartbreak.
Speaker 2: Heartbreaks. Sorry, but this is the close thing I've had to like an actual summer loven that's the closest thing I've had and heartbroken. Yeah, yeah, I was quite hard.
Speaker 1: So you're like at the club and this chick is like kissing your friend and you're like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually aquaintance to mate. Yeah, who is sad? I know it was a bit so safe to say. I never talked to her. I actually got my revenge. I'm like this it gets toxic. The next year, I went up to London again and she actually she actually was different with me again. She invited me to drinks with her friends and I was like, you're going to kiss my friend? Oh one up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cooked out with her friends. Yeah, you don't need to seek revenge on this.
Speaker 2: Well, her friend put the move on me, and fuck it, you know, it was all fair.
Speaker 1: What goes around comes around, baby.
Speaker 2: I'll get you back. I'll get your back tenfold. So then we didn't talk for the rest of that trip after that, and yeah, I really we still follow each other on Instagram. We're still like, we're still message each other. I'm going back to the UK with my family. I don't know if we'll see her. I see my sister's still in touch with cause she was like family. But everything was above board. No this records which she was my uncle's girlfriend's daughter.
Speaker 1: It's not technically, but we all know each other.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah? Yeah, have you had a vacation love?
Speaker 1: I have had a holiday romance?
Speaker 2: You have I have? Did it? Stay on holiday? I'll tell you sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I was eighteen. I was with my friend Danny and we met these two guys and it just so happened. She liked the friend. I like this guy. He was from Perth. He was like six foot five blonde, which wasn't like normally my type. But I was like, you how in them all?
Speaker 2: You've got the height there, so you've got the main one, the main one.
Speaker 1: We saw them every single night. Feeling started to grow. He was telling me how much he liked me. Things were like kind of heating up a bit, like I was thinking this guy could be my boyfriend. Like it was moving like very like fast. We didn't have sex, but we were definitely seeing them every single night, and we were there for a week. And on the last day, on our last day of the trip, we obviously had to say goodbye because he lives in Perth, yep. And he was like to me, I'm gonna come to Melbourne. I could move to Melbourne for you and I at the time because I was like head over heels like had caught the holiday romance. Bug was like, Yes, moved to Melbourne. I literally cried. We parted ways and I was like I remember looking at the plane window and I was like playing some like depressing like a Dell song, being like my one true love lives in Perth and I'll never see him again. Will he stay true to his word and come to Melbourne. Anyway, we had went in like August to Bali on that trip, and then it was November and me and him had been talking like the whole time in between, and it was the Melbourne Cup Carnival and he called me and was like, hey, I'm thinking of coming to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup Carnival. And I was like, oh my god, amazing, and he's like, we'll finally get to see each other. The only problem is that I had started seeing another guy.
Speaker 2: And is that serious with the other guy or were you exclusive or were you.
Speaker 1: Just Yeah, it ended up being like my ex boyfriend who I was very on and off with for about a year.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but.
Speaker 1: Like obviously I was still talking to this guy at on the side and like things were kind of weaning off with him, and then he made like the big announcement that he was heading over to Melbourne. Anyway, he ended up coming over and he asked to see me, and I didn't see him.
Speaker 2: How did you not see him? Did you just ghost him?
Speaker 1: Or Well? It was hard because I just started kind of like going on dates with my now ex boyfriend, but he was about to be like my first serious relationship.
Speaker 2: So you're quite serious.
Speaker 1: I was like a little bit head over heels, but I had just been over heels with this other guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was kind of like in this tricky spot where I was like, fuck, what do I do? You know? So yeah, I didn't see him and he went back to Perth and I've never seen him since. And it was just this one week of holiday romance and sparks and fun and it was all over Red Rover.
Speaker 2: So you broke his harsh That's the hard.
Speaker 1: Thing about a holiday romance. Like everyone talks about this hot girl summer and like how it's so fun, but they failed to mention the heartbreak that we enjoy because of it. Because if you meet someone on holiday, a lot of the times you don't live in the same place. And like it's kind of cool because you're like, fuck, I never would have met this person ever if we weren't like both in this location right now, and what are the chances that we're both here? And like it feels like the universe has you know, made this happen and our paths have collided. But a lot of the time it isn't really meant to be.
Speaker 2: And it's it's hard, sort a hard pill to swallow sometimes because if things are different, they could be the one. But is it better the old fashioned expression, better to have loved and lost than not love at all?
Speaker 1: I reckon, Like it's such a cool, like experience to have a holiday romance, and like, I feel like people are definitely more open when they're on holiday to meet someone, and.
Speaker 2: Like you're you know, you've let your walls do.
Speaker 1: You're riled it down. Your inhibitions are a little bit lower. You don't have work in the morning, you don't have like your schedules clear, so like you can kind of do anything. Like if someone's like, let's go on a date tomorrow, you can be like, if you like them, You're like, fuck it, sure. And if you don't want to go on a date, make up a million excuses.
Speaker 2: My mates take the piss out of me because I'm on schoolies. I went on a date with a girl?
Speaker 1: Did you I went on a date on schools today?
Speaker 2: They're like, mate, you fly a gold Coast for schoolies? Did you take a girl out for dinner?
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's cute though I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they would give They gave me so much about that, But.
Speaker 1: It wasn't because you were just trying to get laid by her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that was obviously at the end of the day. I knew okay, so I knew it from Melbourne. We chatted on and and then we're both there and we said let's get dinner. Yeah, but they're like, I think you're the only person that's come on school is and taking a girl on a date. But I'm happy to know you. He went on as well.
Speaker 1: I reckon the only reason I got taken out on a date on school is because I like made out with this guy at the club and like he was he was from Melbourne. I think he was a toolly actually, I think he was a couple of years older. Like, I'm not going to have sex with you. I have a five date rule. And he's like, well, you want to go on a date tomorrow. He's like, let's start that process going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got what was he he was from Melbourne? So you could get the other four in?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. He definitely tried to get all five of those dates in on schoolies. Unfortunately didn't work out that way for him.
Speaker 2: Well, when you're on holiday, I'm saying that, do you prefer hooking up with a local or a tourist?
Speaker 1: A tourist I think, but like I mean, I guess it depends like where you are, Like, I don't know, I don't think I've ever hooked up with a local?
Speaker 2: Have you yeah? Have you p were like in uk Milan America, Like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I have. Actually, yeah, it's kind of fun hooking up with like someone local because then they can kind of show you around.
Speaker 2: So have you ever like hooked up with someone and then gone back to their house and they're local and ended up in a random spot?
Speaker 1: I remember when I was Fuck, how old would I have been. I must have been nineteen, and I was in Spain and I was by myself, and I was on a Kenticky tour because I like didn't know anyone and I just left friends. So I was like, I'm gonna fill in this time with a Kentiqui tour and I just met all these new friends and I ended up like making out with this Spanish boy at this festival and he was like come back to hours, come back to hours, and I was like no, no, no, like I'm gonna find my like Kentiki friends. But then I couldn't find them. They were like just nowhere to be found, and I was like fuck, and I was so drunk as well, and like I knew I wasn't going back with him and his friends. But then I was like also, like but I don't know where I am, and like my phone had died, and I was just like it was a struggle to get home, but finally I found my hotel. But that's the only thing that I can think that sparks my memory.
Speaker 2: Have you I remember one time going back to New York and I woke up and she was like at the window, having I think, like a dart or a joint, and she was overlooking like the Manhattan like skyline, and she was like started telling me about how going on this massive rant about like I say, so obsessed with politics over there and like Donald Trump and all this sort of stuff, and how like you can't make it big in this country unless you've got the backing of all this sort of stuff. And I was like, well, that's my cue to.
Speaker 1: Leave, but I'm going to wrap it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's enough mood. And I was like probably five am in New York walking the streets of Manhattan trying to get home, like this is probably safer and funner than listening to her rant. But on that when you leave and you go on these holidays, do you switch your hinge or Tinder location to suit where you're at. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean It's like the oldest trick in the book, isn't it. If you go on holiday, like two days before you go, you just like change the location.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I I never really used dating apps, so I wouldn't. My mate did when he went when we went to America. Yeah, he would, and he was like obsessed with it. But I and he'd catch up a couple of girls. Off. I've never used dating apps like that. I've never really on efforts. I don't listen my time.
Speaker 1: I think right after I broke up with Josh, my family actually went to Hamilton Island. So it was just basically my parents had me and my brother, and so me and my brother were single, like very single at the time, and we were both like on the dating apps in that location. But yeah, we were in Hamilton Island and there was like no one on the whole of Hamilton Island. And that's the thing is when you were giving the recommendation about Hamilton Island, it's so fun, I reckon when you're in a relationship, but being single on Hamilton Island is actually not the best of times because there's a very small pool of.
Speaker 2: People who I was talking Yeah, I was talking to the girl at the bar who was serving me, and she was saying, because I was like, how do you work here? Like, what's because obviously Jen's fallen in love wants to move to Hamilton Island. I was like, you know, it's a holiday destination, it's not where you live and work. But so I was talking to the bar and I're trying to figure out and she was saying though that they all fly in, they get jobs, and then they're all single and they all have like accommodation and what happens is they pay X amount a week and they just have parties at night and they all end up hooking up with each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I actually have a story about this because okay, thinking about this Hamilton Island, I swear to god, it gets a ten pm and everything is shut.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me is dead like crickets. Me and my brother were single on Hamilton Island. We heard like music coming from up the hill. We literally followed the music to like try and find this party. Couldn't find it anywhere. We're like asking one Tree Hill, Yes, I think it was close to one Tree Hill. We were asking all this stuff, like guys, like we are single, we want to be a part of the party, Like this is the only thing that looks like it's popping off tonight, Like how do we get an invite? And we just like could not find it. It was so annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they all party and they all like get amongst each other and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: It's very ancestual. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well if my family, because they obviously lived in Early Beach, they always just say come up and get a job on the island and that. And I just has a kid. As a twenty year old, I was like, I'm having fun here. I've got my mates. But it's one thing I've said to Emma. She's obviously in a relationship now, but I've seen your younger sister. Yeah, I was like, if you're single, go up there and just live there and party and have in your life. Yes. So I've got a tip for anyone that's younger and single and wanting to change their life, go after Hamilton Island work and just get in with it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that. Okay, Well, look let's talk about our top tips for finding a holiday romance next.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so why do you think you're more likely to fall in love on vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a really good question. I think that generally speaking, on holiday were so much more relaxed, like we're ready to have a good time and we just don't have commitments holding us back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think your your mind, your heart is way open and you're ready to let someone in because, like I said before, you've let your walls down and you're just out there. If you're single, nine times out of ten when you go on a trip, you're ready, you're ready to mingle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you know that seventy percent of single people are actually way more open to meeting people whilst traveling, more so than when they are in their homes cities.
Speaker 2: I believe that one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you've got work, you've got other things going on while you're and you're not looking for that sort of connection while you're in your hometown either.
Speaker 1: It's almost like when people are at home, they are way more likely to be focusing on things like their work, their friends, their family. But when you're on holiday, all of those doors open, and it's kind of a really good opportunity to maybe hook up with someone on holiday or to meet other single people who are having a really good time.
Speaker 2: So what are some tips for our listeners to find that holiday romance?
Speaker 1: So I think the first one we would have to say is don't be afraid to talk to strangers.
Speaker 2: Now, when we say this, don't take candy from someone's van or something like that. Make sure when you pick a stranger to talk to they're not some creep because I was always taught don't talk to strangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're always taught as children do not talk to strangers. Stranger danger, it's a bad thing. But on holiday, if you're with a group of girlfriends or you're with your friends, go up and talk to another group of people who are there. You know, like there's no harm in getting to know new people. Also, like it's fun getting to know people from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and kind of like learning a little bit about them as well.
Speaker 2: You don't know where it might lead, Yeah, okay. Also another one is I don't do this, but you recommend it, is using dating apps.
Speaker 1: Dating apps are a mass It just kind of highlights all of the single people around and maybe like visually there is someone who is your type and like, you know, you guys can arrange to meet up funny story. Actually, when I was in Byron Bay and single, I was on like the Barron Bay location on Hinge and I actually saw this guy in real life. I was at the is it the Bay Hotel in Barron Bay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it? Anyway? I was at the pub in Barron Bay and I saw the guy who I'd been like chatting with on Hinge. And I saw him and I had a glass of red wine in my hand. Saw him look at me and was just like hell no. Turned around. He just like did not look like he did in his pictures. He was also like looking like six foot instead of six to four. He said he was six'. Four he looked like six foot AND i was like hell, no turned. AROUND i was wearing a white jumpsuit and the whole glass of red wine spilled all the way down my. Jumpsuit and he still followed, me tapped me on the shoulder And i've got red wine all down me and he's, like, hey are you anna From? Hinge AND i was like, yes AND i was LIKE i just spilt my red. Wine So i'm gonna go to the. Toilet but really nice to.
Speaker 2: Me you see, Later well maybe that red wine spill was a blessing in, disguise and he got you out of out of talking to. Him, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Think as, Well like another thing to do when you're on holiday is do things like walking tours or. ACTIVITIES i know a lot of people and my Friend, laura she's gone on a couple of little skydiving expeditions when she's on holiday and has like met people doing. That like he doesn't have to be skydiving, obviously but like you, know doing like little activities here and there that where you are going to meet other.
Speaker 2: People another one is like on that you say yes to. Opportunity so if an opportunity presents, itself just say yes to it and go with it and just run and see where it. Takes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah be open minded as. Well like as we've always, said we can have a. Type you can have a, type but if there's someone who's like a little bit off that, type be open AND.
Speaker 2: I RECKON a good one is as well is to go on a single. Trip so surround yourself with your single friends because it's way. Easier then you also have a wingman or a wing woman with you that can help you get other.
Speaker 1: People, yeah it's funny because like obviously in, dating a lot of people find dating very, stressful but when we are put into a new, environment people often experience positive stress that raises their adrenaline, levels and researchers from McKendree university In illinois found that people with higher levels of adrenaline are more likely to find people more, Attractive so it could be another reason why people are open to catching the love. Bug on, hold that's.
Speaker 2: It AND i reckon the last and main point is make sure you visit places where there's other single. People so that we said, before Maybe Hamilton island isn't the best place to find you. Love that's, more once you found your love to go. THERE i think there's other.
Speaker 1: PLACES bali go to beach, clubs, like that's a big.
Speaker 2: One heaps of places where you can find. Someone so you, know do your research and find out where they are and go with your single friends and take what you want.
Speaker 1: Exactly, OKAY i think it's that time of the, Show. Matt it's time to hear where our heads are at, all.
Speaker 2: Right, guys it's our favorite time of the. Show you, know we love. It it's where we ask you guys to ask us where our heads are At so the first Question.
Speaker 1: Anna, okay so this question comes From, emma you.
Speaker 2: Reckon it's my, sister my new. Boyfriend she does have a new. BOYFRIEND i, know you, know you can just ask, Me. Emma you don't have to ride into the. Podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay she has SAID i want to go on vacation with my new, boyfriend but he thinks it's too. SOON i think it will allow both of us to be more natural together as we both live at home at the. Moment how DO i convince? Him all?
Speaker 2: Right M, so going on vacation is a massive step in a. RELATIONSHIP i feel it definitely separates the contenders to the.
Speaker 1: Pretenders it definitely like makes the relationship more solid or could break it could break, it, yeah.
Speaker 2: BECAUSE i mean you get to see another side of your partner on. Vacation everyone, does you, Know like they could to be, stressful it could be. Relaxing AND i think it's a massive indication of where the relationship will go as.
Speaker 1: Well, YEAH i think as. Well like something that just like sparks my mind WHEN i read this as, well is maybe he doesn't want to go on holiday because of like he doesn't have enough money at the moment like that kind of sparked my. Mind he's obviously living with his. Parents maybe he doesn't feel like he has enough cash money in the bank to do.
Speaker 2: It you're on, holiday so maybe you.
Speaker 1: Could ask him if he wants to go on a little.
Speaker 2: Staycation start off small and build your way. UP i remember one of my exers wanted to go on a trip Around, europe AND i was, like, gee, WHIZ i don't know the same. THING i could afford.
Speaker 1: This afford?
Speaker 2: It, yeah right? Now SO i sort of got an anxiety attack in the travel agency and walked.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah maybe have an open conversation with him and ask him his reasoning behind that, is and maybe if it is something that you can maybe work up to.
Speaker 2: Together, yeah. Okay our next question comes in From. Sharon all, right let's see What shaza has to. SAY i want to have a carefree summer and kiss all the. Locals, however my friends are very judgy and. Conservative how DO i organize a holiday which meets my expectations and doesn't lower their expectations of?
Speaker 1: Me, well, LOOK i think you maybe need to get some new, friends because you don't want to surround yourself with people who you, feel don't appreciate you for. You if you are single and ready to, mingle you shouldn't have people around you who are going to make you feel bad about. That, yeah that's my first.
Speaker 2: Thing you said on another previous episode where you went on a holiday with our Producer, ambart and you guys did one. Holiday one day was, partying one day WAS r AND. R maybe just try and make a criteria for the both of, you or you and your friends that match both what you, expect both. Agendas, yeah both agendas of the holiday for. Sure then you can go from. There and THEN i, mean once you take me out and show them a great time or kiss some, locals they might see how fun it is and jump on the bandwagon and have.
Speaker 1: That hot girl someway you've been dreaming. Of, okay, well look that's all we have time for. Today thanks for tuning. In we are loving your five star reviews. Guys as we always, mentioned we're a small podcast and these reviews really mean the world to. Us matt AND i have been going through and reading them together and it's really warming our.
Speaker 2: Hearts we don't miss a single one of. Them we love.
Speaker 1: Them thank, you, guys so thank you for that and until next, time see ya hi