Speaker 1: Michael, carry on here with Brent Reied and ready all right mate.
Speaker 2: I'm not a great frame of mind making. Why would you rub it in like that anyway?
Speaker 1: Were here to talk about talk about Chippy, about Lucky Galvin.
Speaker 2: We just move on the game too, and forget about game one.
Speaker 1: I don't think you want to be I don't you want to move on to game twos?
Speaker 2: Some we should talk about Locky. We haven't splaken enough about.
Speaker 1: Origin Origin first, like it was a couple of takeaways, right what you got first of What were your thoughts on the actual game?
Speaker 2: Thought it was a bang average game, ordinary game. Too many penalties. I think it was what fifteen penalties? I mean that's too many in Origin game. Some of the rubbish was getting penalized. It was that stuff normally gets let let go in Origin and it was mistake. I thought was it twenty one eras? So you know it was a combination of It was just very stop start, no flow, and I don't think it was. It wasn't a great Origin game.
Speaker 1: Well Joey John said it wasn't a genuine.
Speaker 2: It was like a club game.
Speaker 1: What do you think I thought it was poor. I thought we had the best Origin that we've potentially ever seen. Game three last year and to an action physical had everything, and then this one was one of the worst Origin games. Yeah, it wasn't great.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Regardless the Blues particularly, I thought the Blues were quite physical in that first half and completely dominated the first half. They asked a few opportunities. We're talking about one of the biggest wings New South Wales I've ever had in Queensland. I think they just didn't get some of those timings right. But from the line New South Wales were in complete control. They outmuscled Queensland and then Queensland just had a whole lot of nothing.
Speaker 2: Pains me to say it, Mick, but I agree with you. They just did what they had to do. New said, well, it was pretty simple. They're just stampede stampeded coins in through the middle of the field with pain hers and isao I mean anythink clearly and Mitch moses they just had to do their job. They didn't have to do an exceptional just do the job, kick the ball well, take advantage of the opportunities when they came. But both those blokes were six seven out of ten, but they didn't need to be eight Nines because the forward pack was so dominant. They just paying hash ridiculous performance. He's opening spell well, I think he read it eighty odd meters, a few off floods, a few tackle breaks and Queens had no answer. It was very disappointing.
Speaker 1: It's so rare to say such a comprehensive winn. And as you said, the cars were fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing special.
Speaker 1: The sin bin just before halftime more than your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I had no problem with it. I think he he initially was going for the ball, realized he wasn't going to get near it, and it turned into a tackle in the air and it prevented Xavier coach probably scoring a trimem and Xavier catches that score was nine times out of ten, so I'm sure you'll go the other way.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was a sin bin because he's getting penalties have been short for not having a risk.
Speaker 2: Why can't he stand the ground and stop him scoring?
Speaker 1: Because he attempted to get the ball.
Speaker 2: Just what he did.
Speaker 1: I just think that.
Speaker 2: Do you think you tackle him in the air?
Speaker 1: Not really? I think it was a contest.
Speaker 2: Are you fair income?
Speaker 1: I think it was a contest.
Speaker 2: Are you a giebra?
Speaker 1: I think it was a contest.
Speaker 2: How do you contest by grabbing him around the chest?
Speaker 1: Contest the ball because they sort of just jostled. That is, I don't think it was a syn being.
Speaker 2: So you don't think you tackle him in the air. Not really, not really, that's not over Take your blue blue or blue hat, or over your you've got on your blue single. That's not believing blue. Take whatever blue you got on, and sure look at it through objective.
Speaker 1: I I don't think it was a synbit. No, I would have been quite comfortable for it not to have been a sinnbit. Look, it didn't matter because you guys about ten players and you win a one.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing comments.
Speaker 1: So let's throw forward to Game two Queensland. We're picking stick where Queenslanders. This is such rubbish your Queenslanders are you not?
Speaker 2: Queenslanders are good and I believe we're queens But you don't pick and stick when you lose. When you're coming off a losing series and you lose, then you don't pick and stick. This is where you boke. Don't get it.
Speaker 1: So we get it, We don't any of it, and we've won.
Speaker 2: The changes for the games you earn lowty through winning. So when you lose, picking stick goes out of the window, talking about who might come in well, and then we'll talk about the sort of I imagine Corey Horse has got to commemorate a bit of fire and brimstone in the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: How he wasn't in there in the first place?
Speaker 2: Was I imagine maybe trently Ero gets gets chopped. Maybe you start by Firmer on edge, I mean, I mean muming this one over. Maybe start by Firmer on edge because ruben Cot is not with an edge player. And then I would stick with Daily because I think he's earned that. But I think you make it very clear.
Speaker 1: If you've lost serious, he's won.
Speaker 2: A lot of serious. I think you make it very clear he's a captain. I think you make it very clear if they lose this next game, see the power starting again. So this is it. It's make or breakdown.
Speaker 1: Let's rewind a little bit. I don't know how they didn't have Corey Horse Brown their side to begin with. And I would also have Jaden Sewer.
Speaker 2: Because Ben yeah the starting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd probably I'm happy to start with Bow and have Sewer off the bench. I think there's just that bench was horrific from Queensland just offered nothing, and that was always the concern. You look at that New South Wales bench and there was you guys that had spark and were changed potentially changed the game, and even Max King came on with some leg speed and did a really good job. Right that That Queensland bench was horrid. So I saw a horse brut straight into mine. I think Cobbo probably needs to be in as well with a bit of spark. Valentine Holmes, I don't think you should have been in there. And the other one I'd be picking Danggaguy. I had Valentine Holmes. I've got no issue with the way gag guy has been playing for the Newcastle Knights.
Speaker 2: But you're not though, you're picking Cobbo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I toys keeps his spot right, so i'd pick No. I don't think so, No, Ben Hunt's not back because I had that great one too.
Speaker 2: Kurt Man on the bench and potentially start the game with Kurt Man.
Speaker 1: So we're talking here now, we're talking three.
Speaker 2: Four at least three. Yeah, you know, well they got the school on flattered them, they got belted so and I think Harry had a Really it's hard for Harry, right, he had one game in six weeks or something, but he's traditionally played his best norriage and I think when Ben Hunts maybe started the game or I he's coming after twenty minutes, So I don't mind the idea kirk Man played in hooker.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's played everywhere. He's played everywhere. I haven't played a lot of hooker for the.
Speaker 2: Ruben collar with kurk Man, they start the game with them and hooker, bring Harry on after twenty the game over. Queen's in one all Perth.
Speaker 1: I think you got to start with Billy. I think you got to start with Eden. I like the way did There was a couple of.
Speaker 2: Hooker in half so you get me to daily Yeah, I think you're putting him.
Speaker 1: After that performance. Wow, you know, I think the whole spine will riffic for Queensland. The one six seven nine, which well I thought coming into the game, where where you thought they might have had that hope was around those guys. But it aside from cam Munster, the other three players have been poor at club Land this year. Calen hasn't reached any great heights. DCE, you know, has that his most inconsistent year ever. Right, and then you've got Harry Grant who, as you said, hasn't played a lot of footy at the moment.
Speaker 2: He's been good though, he's.
Speaker 1: Been good, but hasn't played a lot of footy over the last couple of weeks. Right, and then you've got Monster who's had a good year. So I think with Queensland for the first time in a long time, club form has flowed into the Origin arena. And you know, Lindsay collins Off hasn't played a lot of forty, hasn't really made a debt for the Ruses.
Speaker 2: So if you decide to keep daily, I think you're going to make it very clear to him daily sort your future out. Okay, you got two weeks, three weeks finalize this rubbish that he's been going on with for weeks and weeks at the time, we all know he's.
Speaker 1: He's not distracted by it.
Speaker 2: Well he's not, as he played well since he hasn't.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it's a I don't know if it's just I don't know if it's father time ready or it's.
Speaker 2: In the rubbish, just make a decision.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think he's distracted.
Speaker 2: He's the captain of the state.
Speaker 1: I will say about this when he came on and I know he's playing due half, but there was a couple of times you found himself at first or second receiver. He dug deep into the line and created something that wasn't there for Queensland, you know. So I just think.
Speaker 2: She's spearing Chair Evans.
Speaker 1: It's not alone. There's a film getting rid of, so.
Speaker 2: He won't be happy when NFL Fantasy.
Speaker 1: He's had a good run Queenslander.
Speaker 2: It's a big calls. It's his biggest decision, Billy. I think of all the decisions he's got to make, that's the biggest call. Once he's gone, go on, you move on. So it's a huge call for him. He's got to come out this weekend, play well for Manly, play well next week. And you know, you never know with injuries either you don't declare it now because maybe he didn't get injured the next four and then you got to stick with Dally anyway. But it's a huge call like that has done so much for the stage. So long as you skip up who's your captain then, Harry, Well, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to start him off the bench. So Carrigan wasn't great last night. No, I'm not sure that's.
Speaker 2: Your problem, kp. He wasn't great either. We're have an awesome record in Perth recording per horrific.
Speaker 1: Three nil Baby, here we come round thirteen Brady starts with Dragons Knights, your man Caleb Ponne will see if he backs up, and what sort of performing tea players. But I'm really intrigued by the two most frustrating, inconsistent, hard to get to read sides for this year or for Manly it's been a while Manly VI the Broncos terrible? How do they win? No tom Travoyvage, No Jake Travoyvage, No Takiaho, who's been really good for him in a position that's been weak in terms of Manly as good as well. Yeah, and no Swash Still for the Broncos. You mentioned daily Cherry Evans and what he needs to do to keep his Queensland Jersey. What do you make of this game, Brookie?
Speaker 2: I reckon the Broncos probably get home by version of the fact you have no Tommy, no Jake and they're so short with their middles manly. But it's hard to pick because as you said, they've been all over the shop. Two sides have been hugely inconsistent. I mean Bristol when they're on, we've seen them belt the Roosters, they've belted the Bulldogs and they've lost games they should win and mainly have been much the same. Right two weeks ago they go to Towns will and win. Then it turn out against Parramatta and they play awfully. So it's a really hard game to pick. But I just think mainly got so many out at the moment that I just think Brisbane might have the wood on them.
Speaker 1: Who's been the most the more disappointing this year I think probably Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know they've been obviously with Madge coming in, I think there was this expectation that they would turn it on under Madge. Just hasn't happened. As I said, there's been weeks they've looked unbelievable so good, and there's been weeks have a diabolical you know, so I think. But it's a split hair between them. They've both been all over the shop. Tip well, I think Brisbane will win. What do you think.
Speaker 1: Brisbane too Brisbane as well, either of these sides with any mainly I wrote a couple of weeks ago they are the most frustrating side in the NRL, and but they're closely followed by the Broncos. I think in terms of, you know, these sides good and their best and what where we think where I think they could both get to. I think Brisbane should have been a top four side, and I had mainly probably a fifth or six finish.
Speaker 2: I mean, the point is the comps part from the top three so tired, isn't it.
Speaker 1: They're so far off where they need to get to. Both sides I.
Speaker 2: Just keep waiting for I just got this feeling at some point is just going to click for Brisbane. But just I think it every week and it doesn't happen. At some point it gets too late, right and obviously all the rumblings coming out of there about players being unhappy, and you know when you lose, that stuff becomes those noise get louder and louder, and it becomes more of a distraction and then becomes even harder to turn your season around. So they're in this sort of death sparrel at the moment, Brisbane need to get themselves out of it.
Speaker 1: Big news really in Sport Confidential around Dom Young's future. That story is now on Code Sports and the Daily Telegraph. He'll be at the Nights before June thirty.
Speaker 2: This is your baby, Mick. Yeah, obviously this has been on again, off again, on again, off again. Looks like it's on again and I think it was always going to happen because the Roofs were happy letting go in Newcastle wanted him so he'd be handy signing for the Knights. They looked reasonably good last week. The Nights stick Dom Young in that team and he's scored a lot of tries in his air in his previous life, so handy, handy pickup.
Speaker 1: What do you make of the Nights long term? Like the criticism around them has been their predictability with the football, their inability to score points. But if you've got a back line in twenty twenty six of Ponger, Marzu Young, maybe Gag Guy Best Sharp Brown, surely there's points there.
Speaker 2: Would say though, Mick. You look at the Queensland back line and the other Wednesday Night and Origin great looking back line, but their four pack got smashed and they got they got hammered. So it's all well and good having a brilliant back line. If you look at that forward pack that losing le O Thompson, we've seen that four pack, Heather in turn, all those guys. So unless they signed some forwards, it doesn't matter how good their back line is. They're going to battle.
Speaker 1: Let's stick with the positive that back line. That back line brings spark compared to what's been in the last two seasons.
Speaker 2: We've seen sharps, dynamic right and crowd something out and nothing. Dylan Brown has been a bit off a power, but he's got Historically he's been a really really good part player. Caitln has been a bit off, but we know what Caitln can do. You know you said it, Dom Young, a try score, Bradmon best and an Ogian player. The back line is probably you could argue it's as good as any background on the Colm next year when Dylan Brown arrives. So there's points, but you've got forwards. Man, you know you've got to have middles. Jacob Sophia can't do it on his own. We've seen that. I agree, So they need to go shopping. I don't think they've got any money left.
Speaker 1: They make it a little bit because they've been in the market, not at the top end, but they've been in the market for Polu. They missed fin Now that went to from the Dragon to the Bulldogs next year, so they have been in the market for a middle because I had the Lea Thompson money right like that they wanted to keep and they haven't replaced him, so they'd be there's just no middles out there. Speaking of signings, Locky Gavin Bulldog ends up at the Dogs next well.
Speaker 2: Play spoke about this enough.
Speaker 1: Ah, you've been all over it. Chances are that he makes his Candy debut against Paramatta on the King's Birthday, so there'll be fifty thousand plus for that game. Is it a State of AUSTRALI I'm assuming it is. I can't remember if it's there. I think it is actually fifty thousand plus there, so another bumper crowd for a Bulldog's game.
Speaker 2: I think he's great signing for them. I think they have said all seasons. I think their spines lacked star power and he's got the potential to be an absolute superstar in this game, so you stick him in that spine. I'm not sure if your start straight away. I think he'll come off the bench initially. But he's going to add something to them, there's no doubt about that. And obviously playing against Paramatta, it's very fitting because Para thought they had him as late as Friday night, they thought they had a deal done with Lochlan Locklan govern his camp for him to go there this year, and obviously over the weekend the landscape change, he went to the Bulldog, so sort of fitting he's up against Paramatta. But yeah, I think he's great. I think he's a great signing for the Dogs that.
Speaker 1: Is at a course stadium with fifty zers people that does a burden gaalvint combination work.
Speaker 2: I think they'll make it work. The smart football is and his cam Serrella is a really really smart coach, so they'll find a way to make it work. Your concerns over it, no.
Speaker 1: Not really, because I think people are blinded by Lucky gall and size and because he's a big body. Traditionally that's not a halfback, right. But you know, we know that one of the issues that the Tigers was how much he wanted his hands on the ball and how much he wanted to take control. Well that's what a seven does. So I don't I don't think from that point of view it's gonna because Matt Burton can't run the team, right, We've seen that that's not his strength. His strength is when he's running and freed up to run and kick and that sort of stuff. Right, So I think Lockie can run aside. But you know, lots of pressure, lots of expectation, and never before have we seen the team coming first half back gets cut essentially in poort Toby Sexton. But yeah, there's a little bit to play out here. I think it's going to be all eyes on Locky Galvin and on Monday Week.
Speaker 2: I think everyone talks about the thing with Lockey Avns's footy IQ Mick and everyone who talked to about him say he's a footy head, got great footy IQ. So I mean, if he's that smart, I'm sure he can pick up playing half back. I don't think it'll be a problem for him. It might take a bit of time though to fit into that system. But September when and they'll be in the finals. I would imagine, let's they collapse, but they'll be in the finals and by September September he should be hitting his straps and they're going to be dangerous.
Speaker 1: What does this mean for the Tigers? Ready, they got Heath Mason playing in the harves this week. They think he's going to be their their long term solution there. But what do you make of the Galvin news from the Tiger's point of view?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, obviously Laso fun who's been in the wings waiting for a while now. Mick should have had some injury problems hammys and thumb injuries and they've kept him out. I think he's had another week and that's why. Obviously Mason gets first crack. But he's been here mark for big things for a long time now, a bit of a teenage prodigy, so he seems like he's next in line, i'd imagine. But you know, there's obviously been rooms around Adam Reynolds, and I'm sure they're out in the marketplace scouring what's out there. But farre who seems the obvious one.
Speaker 1: Interesting in Nadan Dowey in the harves this week. He's probably an option for him as well. But they're start with Heath and I think you know this is Jerome's time now right to step up and really guide this side and take on you know, he wanted to carry the burden of being the main man and he gets that opportunity now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think at times this year he's shown he can be that man. I don't think he's been great this year, Jerome. I think he's been good without being great. But obviously the Galvin situation he was in the center of all that. Now the Galvin situations removed frees him to just be the man, as you said, and he'll dictate where they finished this season.