Speaker 1: We got get reminding every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: There's no other way to say it, and it's heavy, but we have to talk about it because we have a responsibility to shine a light on it. There is a domestic violence crisis in this country. Andrew Hayes, thirty four women have died in Australia since the start of the year. We've just hit May. And if you want to do the stats on that, that is one woman every four days, and it used to be one one a week and we're like, oh, that's really awful. And now that statistic shows it is just getting worse and worse and worse, and something has to be done. And I realized that with all this going on in the news, my anxiety and all the women around me, their stress on the streets at the moment is going through the roof. So I thought, I'm really going to be conscious of my thoughts over a week. And what I think is I go about my business. So just so you are aware, I start with waking up every single day, I walk into my garage and I locked my doors of my car and check the back seat before I even contemplate opening up my garage door. I'm not sure, that's a thought that goes through the heads of men. I went to exercise after dinner the other night, and I thought walking in the dark streets by myself is absolutely horrifying. So I made my husband and my dog come with me. Don't start me on running the torrens, where I've been flashed on four separate occasions. I went for dinner on Peel Street on Saturday night and I left early because the girls wanted to kick on a little bit, and I got a cab on Heinley Street. Every single one of those girls from that dinner text me to say did you get home okay, because that's their level of anxiety at the moment as well. I walked out of pilates last night. It was six point thirty, it was barely dark, and there was a man on the street just ranting and raving. He was off his chops and he was just yelling obscenities. So I have my car keys in my hand, poised with the key on the ready, just in case he launches at me. So this is how we're all feeling at the moment. And bear in mind, I'm not one of the five hundred thousand women in this nation a year, who are scared to go home because they don't know what sort of mood their partners in, and they don't know what they're going to cop, and they don't know what they're going to cop in front of their children, or what they might cop as well. Imagine being scared on the street hazy, and then walking in your front door and being even more frightened. This is absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 1: That's something that most blokes can't comprehend, absolutely at all, including myself.
Speaker 2: And there are so many good men out there, there are so many good ones, and I cannot work out the path that men go down where they think it's okay, it's okay to belt your messes around a little bit, like if she's annoying me, it's okay to give her a mouthful, Like I don't understand where that starts. If you can help me on that, I'd love to hear, because you are a great man who would never ever contemplate laying your hand on your wife.
Speaker 1: I think from my experience, it's purely environment. It's purely the people that choose surround yourself. And particularly as a youngster, so we grew up on the farm and dad was. Dad was pretty old school, knock about bloke, but the most beautiful man that I've ever met in my life. And by the way, my dad was, Ah, there was a scuffle at the pub between you and another bloke, you could beld each other and then have a beer after that sort of old school operator. But the blanket rulers, under no circumstances do you ever lay a finger on any woman anywhere in any situation. And also you do not swear in front of a woman. So that's the sort of and it's still in my head right now. I'd be more scared that if I was to get into a scuffle or did something silly to my older sister that Dad would run around the corner and throw me into next week. So I think that's where it starts from.
Speaker 2: You have that conversation with your.
Speaker 1: Son absolutely as soon as he's assuming that he's out the age he's at the age of hour of six, where you can start sort of getting into his mind a little bit. But as much as possible, is.
Speaker 2: That what it's going to take. Is it going to take men like you, good men to stand up to these abuses and these stalkers and shame them into saying what you're doing is horrific, like these are our mothers, our sisters, our aunties. Like I feel like men don't know what to do, the good ones don't know what to do at the moment to help.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people don't know, and it sounds completely ignorant, but I'm one of them. They don't know just how bad it is because all the people in my life in every situation, work, family, friends. It's an environment now which I can confidently say none of this sort of stuff exists, but it does exist, and it's almost it's probably it's ignorant for me to know more about it.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's why there needs to be more awareness. I think there needs to be education in schools. I mean algebra, for goodness sake, give me a break. Can we speak to our young boys and teach them to respect women? And this is my biggest fear in my life. I live in fear that one of my girls and I have four of them, will meet a man who will think it's okay to treat her like a possession and will want to beat her down and worse in her life because she is after all he is. And if I can't have her, then no one else can. That is my greatest fear that one of my children will meet someone like that. You know, imagine that for Lottie.
Speaker 1: And that's probably that might be something that needs to be drilldren to men to make a bit of a difference, to say, well, even if they were sort of half sitting on the fence, well, why would you try and make a difference If you've got a daughter, or a sister or a mother. There's women in every man's life and imagine them going through something like this. It would make you want to turn the world upside down to think that your daughter was getting harassed in this sort of way. So that's where the tipping point from me and be like rdll, let's absolutely try and do something different.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there's a National Cabinet meeting tonight and it's an emergency and all our pollies will probably gather together and announce another inquiry in But I think Vincent Turley, who's a criminologist, voice what we're all thinking on Q and A this week about the inaction from our politicians.
Speaker 3: If a male has a history or crimes of violence of any form of domestic violence, coercion, physical, emotional. They should not have the presumption of bail for the immediate concern of the women here.
Speaker 1: They Needa has.
Speaker 3: That offender take off the street to give them breathing space to get away to women's refuge. You have patient dump people with mental health and drug issues onto the street, which the underlying causes of domestic violence. It is more than just domestic violence. You don't need a or commission. That money needs to go into frontline services.
Speaker 1: Now, Shody Hazy on nov If you've got thoughts on this as well, please get in touch thirty and twenty fourteen or we can text its so for nine on nine. Care how can a difference be made in this space? Do you think?
Speaker 4: I just want to apologize for my voice really quickly. I'm a little bit sick. Sorry, there's a game, But I would like to say that there are a lot of good men out there. I'm very, very lucky to be surrounded by good men. But what makes them good men isn't that they don't hurt me, isn't that they don't hurt other women in their lives. Is that they stand up and they hold people in their lives accountable to the things that they say, any jokes, any comments at the expense of women they hold them, whether they're a close friend, whether they're a stranger on the street. That is how good men become good men. I do also want to say on the top on the topic of yes, women can be abuses too. They are exactly right, and that is a conversation that we should be having. But we shouldn't be minimizing the conversations that we're having around women who are being abused by men just because there is another another side as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, said Kiera. Thank you so much. Hope you feel better soon. Heather your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys. I actually went to the No More rally in Adelaide on Saturday, and that was extremely powerful listening for the guest speakers, but I think more so with the conversation I had with my husband a couple of days after that. He joined me and so did our nine year old, and asking him how he felt in that moment he actually had to walk away. He said he felt in the beginning that it was a very hating men vibe, but then after listening to everyone speak about their experiences, I think he realized.
Speaker 6: Just how prevalent.
Speaker 5: This is like he has heard my stories of being a survivor and the experiences with my ex partner and the lack of support from Stapole and things like that. But I don't think he realized that the here volume of women that are going through this and the fear that we have, like we can't go for a walk, we can't exercise, we can't go.
Speaker 7: Out with friends.
Speaker 5: We're not safe at home, we're not safe on the streets, we're not safe at work. The police don't help us. And that's not because I don't want to that. The system is not set up to perfect us.
Speaker 2: And by saying that out loud, by saying I am afraid to go outside after dark, by saying I'm scared to walk around the streets of Adelaide, that's not man hating. That's not man hating. That's just saying, as a woman, that is how I feel. So let's not confuse that point.
Speaker 5: I asked my partner, my former partner, how he would feel if our daughter were subjected to the same abuse that I was. He could not, he could not draw the line between him abusing me and someone potentially abusing her. Wow, because we are just possessions. We are just things that can be controlled.
Speaker 8: Heather.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry when there I just need to say, I'm really sorry you had to go through that, and thank you for being brave enough to give us a call this morning.
Speaker 5: Can't just say though, a massive shout to all the awesome men. But do ye have our backs?
Speaker 1: Yep on Heather, very well spoken.
Speaker 2: Trace. If you've had a conversation with your son about this.
Speaker 6: Look I did, Jodie. I was in a car park recently with my teenage son and as we were loading the groceries into the car, the man next to us was berating his wife. He was absolutely laying into her. He was screaming at her. And whilst I couldn't hear much of the conversation, I could hear that it was not okay, and there were lots of people around. His window was open. No one said anything, and after my son and I had finished loading the groceries into the car, I went over as he was reversing out, and I stopped his car and I said, you cannot speak to a woman like that. I'm sorry, I can't stand by and listen to this. It's not okay. And I said to the wife. Are you okay? And she looked at me with absolute a gasp that anyone would say anything, and she said, yes, yes, I'm okay. And I've said, like the man said, you don't know, you don't know the scenario. And I said, that is a scenario.
Speaker 5: This is not okay.
Speaker 6: You cannot speak to a woman like that. I don't care what you think the scenario is. None of it's okay. I said, you are a disgusting example of how a man should talk to his wife by young sons. And my son was absolutely mortified, Yeah, pretending that he didn't know me, obviously in a torp part. And we drove home and my son said to me, look, Mum, I'm really proud of you. Well done for standing up for that lady. And you're right, I would never speak to a woman like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good, Tracy, well done. Oh gosh, it's a fine line, isn't it. It's a really fine line, Hazy. I had a situation where I was in the Parklands once and there was a man who was absolutely ripping into his partner who had a pram, And in that moment, I froze because I didn't know what to do, because I was frightened for my safety if I walked over with my children. As intervened it.
Speaker 1: As well, like you've got to think about your own safety. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That Tracy, Well, she had some guts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And everybody who's got in touch with this morning for sharing this roys as well, really really brave. Yeah, well done, that's the first thought. And anyone affected in any sort of such space, there's obviously platforms we can get involved to get some help. Lifeline thirteen eleven fourteen, and also the domestic Advance Hotline one eight hundred respect that's one eight hundred and seven three seven seven three too. He's where you're.
Speaker 2: Waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 1: The news today? News? What's the news today?
Speaker 9: Most snooziness.
Speaker 2: You wake up, the first thing you do is turn on your phone and you scroll through all the information and you go, oh my god, this is too much for me.
Speaker 1: Big timing condense, don't you.
Speaker 10: Yep, that's why we've got news reader Abbey, Good morning, how are we all this morning?
Speaker 2: Thank you? What are the top stories today? So one of the top stories.
Speaker 10: For Adelaide today is that Illuminate Adelaide is coming back.
Speaker 9: Obviously, for July.
Speaker 10: This is the fourth year and the full program is being launched today, so we already know that Fire Gardens is going to be happening, which is basically seven thousand handcrafted pots with fire in them and it will be all through the Botanic Gardens. Looks really cool. I'm definitely going to be attending that. But yeah, basically full programs out today. We've got the Universal Kingdom Prehistoric Nights, which is coming back to the zoo, so usually they do these big, huge creatures, light up creatures. Yeah, you can walk through the zoo. Really cool thing to go to. We're not getting told too much else until we do a media call at ten am, so I'll head along and get the goss and be able to give you a bit more detailed.
Speaker 2: Finger on the pulse later. Here's a question for you. Did you go to the launch of Tina Turner the musical last.
Speaker 10: I didn't last night? Miss that one. Yeah, I had a few things on so had to say no. Unfortunately, next time, next time.
Speaker 2: Shame news. Also what is a shame is that Britney Spears. Can you remember a little while ago in twenty twenty one, as judge said, Brittany you can have all your money back. So restored her autonomy from the conservative shoes.
Speaker 9: I never said that conservatory. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she got her sixty million.
Speaker 9: Dollar estate back.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently two and a half years after regaining her freedom, Brittany is blowing through her finances. It's but I feel like it kind of is because all she does is stay home and do videos and play with knives, and it's a very odd situation for Britney.
Speaker 1: I feel like Brittany could be one of those people. She'd buy like an amusement park or something that's really spend it in places where it's not going to get a much money back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently she's just got no concept of finances and she's just ripping through a cash But surely Brittany will get royalties for the rest of her life.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you'd assume. So it's weird that she is blowing through so much cash.
Speaker 1: And if she did want to, I'm assuming now she maybe it's sort of owned by someone else. But when you see some of these artists, think Rod Stewart did it. Yep, we can sell the rights to all his music. He's like one hundred million.
Speaker 2: Or apparently last year, she dropped hundreds of thousands of dollars on a single trip to French Polynesia. She was staying at a resort which costs upwards of twenty three thousand dollars a night.
Speaker 1: I bet it did. And they saw her coming to She's like, can I just get a glass water? Like nowhere? That's six hundred bucks. She gets here, you go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of her mates said she's not going broke, but she should keep an eye on the private jets.
Speaker 1: You've got to though, don't you have some time arms you can just get.
Speaker 2: Out of They do creep up.
Speaker 10: I got my bill for last month and I thought, oh, I've got to tighten that up.
Speaker 2: Caara Hayes has got to conserve over hate. You can't spend money. You get an.
Speaker 1: Allowance allowance each and every week. Sometimes I sort of tiptoe and going over this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know why you go over because you're baking and egg rolls anymore? Oh yeah, you have cut back.
Speaker 1: You've cut right back. And I don't do lunch out anymore either. I usually bring my own lunch.
Speaker 2: What do you bring for lunch?
Speaker 1: I may try and make a sandwich at home, or I just get a couple of tins of tuna and some rice. What a really, really boring life.
Speaker 10: You get the gilts when you message Kara to say, hey, I need more money?
Speaker 2: Do you excuse me, car, I run out of tuna. Can I have some more tuna money? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And she makes me write out an Excel spreadsheet.
Speaker 9: There's food at home, so come home and I'll feed you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she's some which she's not. Let's wrap this baby up with some showdown used. The latest conn of Rosie as it stands right now is in. What's going on? This is amazing. He passed the fitness test yesterday, although the cameras weren't there. Do not allowed to be allowed for the warm up and then when the action was there and everyone was just waiting for Rosie, he finally came out, but the cameras are gone the time. He was just not there.
Speaker 2: Port wouldn't know about that, but I've been completely unaware.
Speaker 1: Well, the mode he's STI allowed to watch, just weren't allowed to film anyway. He had some shots set shots of gold, get some run throughs and got through and then spoke yesterday and said, look he's in right now. Passed all his tests. Yeah, right, He's got to get through today though, which is the captain's run, and then you feel like this could have been one of those ones where it's right up to the bounce whether he's going to play on that.
Speaker 2: I feel the words last minute with draw.
Speaker 1: Games? Is that what you're saying for the Crows, Dan Curtain their topic from last year. Number eight will make his afl AT debut, So that's exciting for Crows fans. He's going to wear the number six. Okay, well, bit of pressure when you wear the number six. No one's done it, real solid justice And since Tony Moudro back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, Big Mods, she should want to be good looking if you're pulling on the number six, gentle.
Speaker 1: What about Tony Modri back in the day?
Speaker 9: God?
Speaker 1: Some of the photos. Wasn't he just he was heavenly? It's dream, It was absolutely heavenly.
Speaker 9: You need a few minutes.
Speaker 1: I will actually let me just punch in the brake, and I've seen you about three or four. They need two minutes.
Speaker 9: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Nine minutes past six, Jude's while I'm freshening up, can you get ready to strop? The first question for the six min Venny Machine quiz.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 1: Thanks thoughts on Dosi Cat I said what they said, Mississ really solid emerging artists, good song, really good song. Heavily edited it must be, say.
Speaker 2: Oh, is this the radio editor like the radio the other versions a little bit blue?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, her subject matter across the border is generally quite blue.
Speaker 2: Played version so that all the little kiddies in the cars go, mummy, what's a booty? And I sanitize that too.
Speaker 1: They certainly do so much so that she's taken to X She said, id K whatever that means. I don't know. I don't know what if K you think this is. But I don't make music for children. So leave your kids at home, mother Trucker, something along.
Speaker 2: Those lines, something vaguely like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's been very, very solid. It raises a pretty interesting point. It's not linked to ARJ Barker, But what are you doing taking your kids to a Dogie Cat show?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Heavy, isn't it? Well?
Speaker 2: I would say that, but I have been in a situation where I've taken my kids along to things where I've gone, Oh, that should be okay, and.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have taken to that CARDI b con.
Speaker 2: But then halfway through you're like, whoa, this was a massive erar. But dose, OK, you know what you're getting, don't you.
Speaker 1: Well, I think so you're getting a really solid hit of blueness. If that's actually such a think and profanasy. So I think the big struggle out with parents. His kids want to see some of these shows that are fun and upbeat and really cool. But I mean, how old are they need to be? How blue is going to be? We'll guess what. I found a bloke who combines both worlds absolutely beautifully. His name is Lenny Pierce. He's a DJ, and he remixes kids songs and they're absolute bangers, going viral, very remixing, like genuine kids songs, including a bunch of Wiggle songs. Oh really yeah, so he's teamed up with the Wiggles, but also even some of your old school like genuine very fables.
Speaker 9: Is that what they call fairy tales?
Speaker 1: Fairy tales like genuine fables, those kids songs from like years and years.
Speaker 2: And years ago back in the day.
Speaker 1: For example, shake your booty to this one and you know it and you're really.
Speaker 3: And you.
Speaker 1: Speech you already ready.
Speaker 9: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: You've got to find a mix just somewhere with the kids and mum can meet somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 2: I feel like at this point after listening to that, I need a glow stick. I need a popper and one of those roll ups. That's the mood that puts me in. It's weird. I don't understand it. That's where I'm at, just the commination of everything. What the fork?
Speaker 1: The best times of the week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what the fork born out of the fact that, well, every time you go to an office workplace and you go into the kitchen, there are no forks. Ever we discovered, we drilled down and discovered that news read Abbey was stealing all of ours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not just ours, but also every workplace across South Australia.
Speaker 2: You should see a tail stretches off.
Speaker 1: She lives in a house made out of forks.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's what that's my plan is. The house prices are too expensive. I'm single and I can't afford it on my own, so I'm going to build a forehouse.
Speaker 2: Build a forehouse. Yeah, and if you're a spoon, don't bother coming over to visit you.
Speaker 12: Good luck.
Speaker 9: I don't spoon to stay away from me.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, we're having a really nice, sort of humble, wholesome conversation about kids in South Korea with pet rocks, you know, stocks down to choose that things. And then all of a sudden, Jody said something which made me go, what the what the fork? Yes, I sort of feared it back in the direction of Tasmania and what potentially Jody used to do to beat boredom and loneliness as a youngster in the Apple Island. Here we go.
Speaker 2: I you used to collect erases?
Speaker 1: What collect what? Erases? Like rubbers? Oh? My god? Yes? What you just sort of double down on this or give us a bit more dear.
Speaker 2: But they weren't just like ordinary erases that you buy from Cole's. They were novelty ones so that they smelt nice. Or they were shaped like a strawberry or a guinea pig or you know what I mean, like the little animal ones or fruit ones.
Speaker 1: Where do we buy such guinea pig shaped race.
Speaker 2: Cam art or your news agent? And just to give you a real insight into how lonely my childhood was the early days of high school, I didn't know any one, so I didn't have too many friends, so I developed a real addiction to one of those toyklaw machines that came out that were twenty cents at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I used to steal money off my like my mum's Chaine Straw and then go down to Camar and just play that all day, every day.
Speaker 1: What a crazy addiction. What's rehab like for that?
Speaker 2: Four heavy ten day detailsst.
Speaker 1: Burt twenty four ten For what the fourth? The weird stuff that you were into as a kid. Yeah, Jode's doesn't mean to, but she's leading this topic so effortlessly.
Speaker 2: Because of my sad depressing Tasmanian childhood.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying, The strange little things that you were into as a kid's. I had such a giant collection of tazo's but also basketball cuts. Oh no, tazo's. You didn't know what tazos were?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, hashtag Tazzi things.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: What what the fork?
Speaker 2: What is the tazo?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: The little coin shaped things with mainly Looney Tunes characters on them. Yeah right, it wasn't really much of a weird obsession.
Speaker 2: Oh they're coming to Hobart next year.
Speaker 1: Good luck to them thirteen twenty four ten. The strange things that you used to collect?
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like news reader Abby would have done some really weird stuff as a kid.
Speaker 10: I want to preface this by saying, I said to mom and dad last night, I said, what did I used to do that was weird as a child. A mum said, oh, nothing, you were just sort of like a normal kid. And I said, are you saying that I was perfit? So apparently I didn't really do anything weird. The one thing I did do, though, I was a toddler when the Channel nine news theme came on.
Speaker 9: I used to get up and dance. So that's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: It's not really, It's not really the type of banger, no.
Speaker 9: Funny that I ended up a journalist. But yeah, apparently I didn't really do it.
Speaker 10: She used to lose me, she'd she'd be in the house and all of a sudden, two hours later, go oh my god, boys Abbey, and there I was down playing by myself in my room because I was the third child.
Speaker 9: So yeah, okay, I'll.
Speaker 1: Be honest with you as well. When the Channel seven news comes on as well, particularly that blood goes live from high will goodings. I'll tell you what my hips.
Speaker 9: Are shaking A.
Speaker 1: Twenty fourteen. The weird stuff that you were into as a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good morning, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Oh are you good morning?
Speaker 12: Guys?
Speaker 2: How are we good? What were you into as a kid.
Speaker 7: One of my best mates was about ten used to collect teapots.
Speaker 1: Didn't see that coming. No teapots? How the hell did that start? And how many did he or she have?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure actually how it started, but I reckon he had only thirty of different sides of shape, different countries. It was quite impressive.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, that's incredible. How is it ten year old?
Speaker 8: Di?
Speaker 2: You go? Do you know what I like?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like teacups?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Daniel. Are you friends with this person now?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: I actually am.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I wonder and do they still have the teapots or do they get to stage You're like, what am I doing here? And they got rid of the teapots? But then you'd wonder, now if some of them would be such antiques, i'd be worth a lot of money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think I think he's got rid of them, but I don't know. He might have kept some.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest nursery rhymes of all time. I'm a little teapot and shortened.
Speaker 1: Out cracking he's my.
Speaker 2: Hand or yeah, dip me over and form me out absolutely fresheits on nover.
Speaker 1: Nationally. What was your little obsession as a youngster.
Speaker 12: I'm actually with Jodi here. I also had an eraser collection, so I actually can support.
Speaker 9: You on that.
Speaker 2: But I come here, my soul sister.
Speaker 12: I actually had a sticker collection that I used to put in a photo albabum. Yes, it's just so sad now when I think about it that I collected any kind of sticker, whether it was shiny animals, you name it. I had it in that photo album.
Speaker 2: Were they you scratch and sniff?
Speaker 12: Nat No? This just before shame, So they just might being so embarrassing because I had nothing about them that was really special. But I just had this thing that any kind of sticker that I found, ye, that I would put in this photo album and then show other friends, which is really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, No, I bet you it was a stunning album, absolute stunning album.
Speaker 12: Thank you for actually reassuring me.
Speaker 2: Bet Do you still have it?
Speaker 12: Nat No, I don't. I got rid of that when I was a teenager and looked back on it and went, what do you Yeah, God.
Speaker 2: I wish we could have compared eracer collections back in the day.
Speaker 12: I actually had a little Ice Twain. Yes, yes, an umbrella, and I had all one, so I actually know what you were talking about one.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, Natalie.
Speaker 9: Too, isn't she a.
Speaker 1: Shenuine erazor party?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 1: What an absolute who that would be hold one.
Speaker 2: All the listeners with the razor collections can come along me and Nat and that'll be it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolute, what an absolute going off party? That would be good moring to you, Tracy.
Speaker 11: Good morning, guys. How are you?
Speaker 5: We're good?
Speaker 2: Okay? What did you collect as a kid?
Speaker 11: Okay, so dirty, I'm with you and Natalie and everyone else. I did also have an collector.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 11: However, however, I'm hoping you remember I had a buckle bag. So you used to have a buckle bag where you used to be able to collect all these hearings and things and hang them off your bag. And I used to have one of those. I do.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, it's like a bum bag.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 11: It was like a like a fake leather bag. You thought you were quite posh back then, and it had like a buckles on the front, and you used to be able to hang all your key rings off it. And it was a buckle bag and it was the most fashionable thing bag then.
Speaker 2: Yes, And did you ever hang a Twisty's packet off your buckle bag?
Speaker 11: In your head? Twisties? I had sandboy, Stalton vinegar, I had plane. We did all the chicks and shrunk them in the oven.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel so indicated, Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Welcome, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Daniel.
Speaker 5: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 2: What weird things did you collect as a kid?
Speaker 5: My little pone, remember that.
Speaker 2: Jingle my little pony, Little pony? Nice?
Speaker 12: The sparkles, the ballerina.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I had to get all of them for everyone they brought out.
Speaker 2: How many did you have, danielle? Oh?
Speaker 6: Five hundred and I still have them?
Speaker 1: Is that rageous number? Daniel?
Speaker 2: Did you have a special little place to put them?
Speaker 4: They're actually packed away in a box so the children can't play with them.
Speaker 11: Oh oh, yet they're not shared.
Speaker 1: Drinking Daniel like one day and maybe even now they'd be worth something like as a genuine collectors.
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't know, but my obsession with horses it started quite young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just love that my little ponies brought Daniel so much pleasure as a child, and then to her kids.
Speaker 9: She's like, you will not touch them ever, that's my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Now, good morning morning. How are you good? What did you used to collect as a child.
Speaker 11: Well, you've just brought back a whole lot of memories for me.
Speaker 12: I also was a racer collector, and I but it gets better. I still have a jar of them. But also I was part of an eraser club in half.
Speaker 1: A club.
Speaker 11: You used to you get a T shirt.
Speaker 12: You used to get notifications of new erasers that would come in and they had a little shopping handleff and you went and bought your erasers.
Speaker 1: The erasor club. Can I ask Mel the Christmas party is? What were they like? They must have been crazy.
Speaker 11: Everyone got a racers.
Speaker 2: Everyone got to goodness whatever price we.
Speaker 12: Had on the dad very sad.
Speaker 9: We having the cover kid.
Speaker 2: You give to Mel and hopefully it's a twelve bag of erasers.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately just missed out. We got rid of all our erasers last week Melbourne.
Speaker 11: Jodie, I just want to say too, I do agree with you with chip packet. It was just a normal chip packet.
Speaker 1: You put in the out straight.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Who are you people? Would you like some tickets to Potted Potter?
Speaker 11: Oh I would love the tickets.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 11: It's the first time I've ever got through, so I'm very excited.
Speaker 12: Oh excellent, everybody.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no no no no no nomail. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 11: I would love to know if anyone else as part.
Speaker 2: Of the handoff.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, let's put the call out there at the hard Or for Razor Club. You thought there was such a thing that exists.
Speaker 9: Give us a call.
Speaker 1: Please get in touch with the show. This smash West End Harry Potter parody at like does some playhouse from May ten to twelve. Visit Potted Potter dot com dot a you can.
Speaker 2: I just round this out by saying one thing to you and use rider Abby who feel stupid?
Speaker 1: Now? I'm still pretty comfortable.
Speaker 9: I'm still good. Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm alone Andrew Hayes when I say, I don't really understand AI all the impact that it's going to have on this world. As we know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen I robot though with Will Smith. Real scary, you really scary stuff because you're.
Speaker 2: Scary that you're watching a movie with Will Smith.
Speaker 1: That's scary in itself. But the fact that these robots potentially just could be so smart that they turn on us now all of a sudden, we're doing well.
Speaker 2: Also, you should be a little bit nervous if you are in a profession that could be overtaken by AI technology. And these are the ones most likely to be replaced in Australia. Do you want to hear them? So anything to do with office support.
Speaker 1: Apparently off for support. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Just offer support customer service as well, they're saying can be replaced by AI. Sales.
Speaker 1: Oh but sales, you've got to be quickly on your feet.
Speaker 2: Husbands in it's all built on relationships sales.
Speaker 1: That's true that your husband can sometimes sound like a robot. Are really really quick robots, don't me down, he said, he's up too quick.
Speaker 2: Food services as well. In fact, McDonald's has opened up its first automated restaurant in Texas. Wow, what about that? So you go through the drive through, it's all AI isn't that weird?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's interesting. It feels like it Coles and Bullies that AI is almost sort of half started with the with the self service checkout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I hate that. I hate it. Don't you go to it? Like I go to my coals and I'm like, please just give me a person with a conveyor belt. I just want to have a quick conversation, but have someone do it for me, because that's the service that I'm paying for. I don't pay to stand there and do it myself.
Speaker 1: But there's a person that it's very hard to steal from them. When someone's wing I'm joking obviously.
Speaker 2: Dear, it's very hard to put your salmon through, as you know, pork chops for example.
Speaker 1: Everyone's looking at producers.
Speaker 2: Call center workers were at the top of the list to be replaced by AI.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: The world's first fully AI generated films almost here as well? What about that AI to create a whole film. It's a new Frontier. It's called Next Stop Paris and it's a romantic story between Claire and a man she meets on a train to Paris, and it's described as an AI powered love story.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, we've got a bit of a clip of it here the trailer. Let's see if you can pick up whether it's actually robots or not. So Claire, what's your star?
Speaker 2: The City of Lights? I'm hoping it's a new start. Maybe you're the dark, mysterious kind of man who never shows this vulnerability.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're the kind of woman who's never sure of what you want.
Speaker 9: I've done attacked.
Speaker 1: Don't you sort of feel like it's not quite as fluent as it should be.
Speaker 2: But then you see when you watch the trailer, they're strolling through Paris and the Eiffel Towers in the background, and it's just two robots sort of walking along holding.
Speaker 1: We are in love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are I love?
Speaker 1: What about radio announces oh are we in danger?
Speaker 2: It doesn't say that in the one point three million jobs that will be lost over the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: I watched the Space Joe. It's because what's happened over the last a few weeks. AI has been listening to us and done their own sort of little impersonations of us. Oh do you want to hear me first? Sure, it's all done individually as well. Okay, it's a little bit scary. See if you hear this and it sounds accurate enough that you think it was me in real life. This is Nova. Whoops, I said the wrong song. Ha ha ha the text line four two seven. Wait, that's s e n ha ha ha. I make a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 2: Jesus Chriss. That's ACTU.
Speaker 1: That's pretty accurate.
Speaker 2: That is on point. Ai, well done, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: They did you as well.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, Hi, this is Jodyoti on Nova. I'm quite terrible at songs. A song song song haha. I love Griggs Lol. I missed out on things because I was born in Tasmania.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, was that you? Ai? I'm so cray.
Speaker 2: They just meld into one.
Speaker 1: What's really more? Finally, as well, they did news reader Abby. This could be very confronting.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm Abby and now you're up to date on nover. I hate you. They nailed that, absolutely nailed.
Speaker 1: Jelly. You're a bellie slign through the belly singe nail.
Speaker 12: Please welcome to the show, Josh.
Speaker 1: Yes, there he is, Ladies and gentlemen, Josh for Shelley Live in the Flesh.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we've just been getting Josh up to speak with a few of the videos and the PHO shows of you from the team wedding that we had last week. Your thoughts, Josh Andrew has hanging from the rafters.
Speaker 8: It's quite impressive. But yeah, it's something I typically think Haze would do. Definitely a wedding gets cadilla, but.
Speaker 1: Also just to appeal the curtains. First thing that Josh hebers, why do you try and do something? And he's spot on.
Speaker 2: It's a solid question.
Speaker 1: I regret that, Josh.
Speaker 2: Hey, Josh, I'm Showdown tomorrow night. The Crows have had the wood on port and the last four outings. Does it mean three out of four? How are you feeling going into this match do you think you might sneak up on them again?
Speaker 8: Hard question because Poort in some terrific form at the moment and we've only obviously won the two games, so it's going to be a hard fought contest always is with the Showdown. So they've had some unlucky injuries and I'm not too sure what they'd only kind of raisey yet so well, yeah, excited.
Speaker 1: Do you think just be open and honest with it. Do you think he's going to play or is this a bit of that's the game type thing. Do you think potentially could be laid out?
Speaker 8: I think it's ahead game. I really think that, especially with how quickly tap their game turnaround and a hammy injury, you wouldn't want to risk too much with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how much of a difference does it make a piece there or not?
Speaker 8: Honestly massive, Like, obviously he's one of their best players, him and Zach Barter's and being the captain as well. He's had a great start to the season too, so have been massive out for us.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about an instagut and posts that you put up, and I think it was after last week he went over to your mum and gave her a kiss on the cheek. But we hazy noticed this. Actually, what was really nice is you.
Speaker 9: Wiped all the sweat off your face before you kiss.
Speaker 2: Your mum and she's like hi darling, and you're like, hoime mom, it's very holesome doing Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I try I try and see her before most games if I can, but yeah, that time, i'd warm up pretty. I was, yeah, pretty, I was sweating a lot, so I was like, I get all this sweat off is a big grace. She doesn't care obviously be my mother. But I was like, it's a big grace. I'll give her kiss.
Speaker 2: What sort of a mum is she?
Speaker 8: Oh, she's the best. And because that's it was a Carlton game, I had so many cousins there that go for Carlton and I was pretty adam and I wanted to beat the Blues and Mum was on my side. So yeah, mum's the best. She's very compassionate, very loving and yeah, one of the most caring people I know.
Speaker 1: Think your a little blue support growing up, won't you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was there. You go crow for laugh Now, I don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: A bit of a question without notice. We've been talking this morning about the weird things that you collected as a small child. Did you have any Well, just.
Speaker 1: Just before we get into this jocup, just to give you a bit of context, it's up in a beautiful part of Australia, Tasmania. As we know, she used to collect erases, as in the things that you used to rub things out.
Speaker 2: But they were like nowty ones like little strawberries, yeah, and little frogs and things.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of alone do you have.
Speaker 2: Any collections as you were growing up?
Speaker 8: Collections not necessarily. I love soccer balls back then, so used to get as many soccer balls as I could. Yeah, that was probably the main one.
Speaker 1: Well just on that as well, we said textas threw and O four double O nine one nine nine one nine. If you got any questions for Josh. This one from Nicole from Hawthorne. She said, how old were you when you started playing Australian rules football?
Speaker 8: OZ kick like most kids, so probably four or five and soccer was the same same whenever I could start kind of kicking a sopper ball before her dad chucked in Dvan.
Speaker 1: One of those annoying blokes that had to genuinely make a choice. Yeah, the which professional era he'd go down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've also got a teammate making his debut this week. We went back and had a look at your stats. You keep five on debut. It's not a bad.
Speaker 8: Start, not bad a bad haven't done much since.
Speaker 1: But what would he be going through? And gives an insight of Dan curtain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dan, me and me and Raley Phielthope both gave him a word said we've kicked the fire, so let's see what you can do our first game. But yeah, Dan Dan's is a very interesting character. He's fitted seamlessly into the group when he first come in. He's very well liked. He's a bit of a quirky guy. Typically they are from Perth. We kind of give it to him a bit. So, yeah, we love him. We're really excited to see what he can bring on.
Speaker 1: There's a tell us you're going to keep celebrating, and particularly for a showdown in front of a home crowd. Well was that so tell us you're going to keep selling the way that.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry he speaks really fast. Sometimes I might give every second word.
Speaker 1: I got a lot to get. That's mean, the hot topics celebrations, I think it's come with it. Just tell us that you will do one of the most iconic celebrations when you kick one of your excellent goals, particularly in.
Speaker 8: A show Yeah, definitely, especially with the home crowd.
Speaker 1: I always love it.
Speaker 8: But for some reason, I do love playing in the away games when Port have the home decked with all their fans. I just love it for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when the crowd's against you, yeah, sort of in a showdown, then you get off on that, So.
Speaker 8: Yeah, those wins feel a lot better for some reason, I don't know for me personally.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, Josh's just a quick word on your departing form skip of Roy Slane. You must have had a big influence on you as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was quite emotional day having Rory obviously announce his retirement and have all his family there with Bal and the kids. I got really close with his kids, especially little Sonny is such a little cute boy, and yeah, being locker buddies with Rory. He has had such a great influence on my career the day I first got to the club, and yeah, I'm going to miss him very much, but I'm sure we'll.
Speaker 1: Keep in touch.
Speaker 2: Disappointing way to end in the sense that you'd want to hope that your career doesn't come to a point where it's like I have to think about something like my eyesight on my health as opposed to doing the game. I love. Difficult choice to make.
Speaker 8: So difficult, especially the last couple of years now with the the concussions and those guys retiring from those type of things. But yeah, these days, your health comes first, So fingers cross we can have a smooth, smooth career.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Hazy wasn't faced with that choice. He was just told that's probably enough from you, mate.
Speaker 1: Well, not through lack of trying though. Hey Josh, thanks so much for joining us. Good luck tomorrow night. Thanks jose