Speaker 1: Five a football post match callers, Well, what a.
Speaker 2: Game it was.
Speaker 3: It was Adelaide by two points at quarter time, nine points at halftime, the Power by two points at three quarter time, twenty two in the end. Their second half was powerful Campo Treaders. It's a huge result for the football club. Top four locked in Treaders, it's a monumental result for their season.
Speaker 2: Well, it was up against at halftime, wasn't it. Adelaide in that second quarter had kicked what four goals to two and you sit there and go, well, we've got to have to find something and kick two six for the term to four to one. Now the game wasn't beyond Port. But then there was a big incident and we all know about it where Houston put Franken in the next week and Board came out better. They stayed focused and tough on the footy and all lifted to a new level. Where Adelaide lost their call Bogey gave away a couple of freeze and then they're from there on. It was Port's momentum. It was a really good performance, but it's huge. Jun francis huge when it mattered. Bergorne on a wing, very good, Bergman, You look at the numbers and the guys have just contributed as an even performance. And when you talk about the heat, where it had to be in the second was it the third quarter? Actually in the last quarter of the tackles were twelve to one. That's as ferocious as I've seen Port in that area.
Speaker 3: So a double chance now, and it's a question of whether or not they finish third or fourth or all perhaps in the top two and potentially two home finals. But Campo that he's going to be the talking point, and I'm sure we'll get a lot of calls, but we'll partner that for one moment. A great second half from.
Speaker 2: Port of our outsounding they deserve to win. There's no question about that. Their ferocity at the ball and the opposition to keep the pressure. We highlighted some of it was like two forty seven, which is off the charts in terms of the pressure. Adelaide didn't handle it that well. They still controlled the game, you know, from an uncontested point of view, But they're better players. Zach Butter's kind of rosy, Ollie Wines, Jason Horn Francis through the middle of the ground, flex their muscles and thought. Zurch Thatcher had a good night down back, particularly after halftime, really negated the key forwards of Adelaide. Willie Rioli was held pretty tightly, but that last quarter kicked two arguably set up the other one with Jace Bergwoyn. So now they deserve to win Port Adelaide very impressive.
Speaker 3: After the game thanks to ACT Transport solutions, we might head down boundary site to just find out who wins the showdown Metal Treaders. I think you nailed it when you said, Zach Butters, you would think after forty two and a goal was pretty outstanding. So we'll just get confirmation of that. We're just got a wake to get those formalities done. We'll get the team song as well, and then keep those calls coming folks. Eight double two three, double O, double A. We've got them lining up already, so thank you so much. But showdown fifty six, as you said, twenty eight apiece now, Timmy, it's was twenty eight twenty seven in favor of the following three straight wins. But the Power tonight, in a very very important match in the context of their season, have been able to run down the Crows, who did lead by as much as twelve points in that third quarter. They had the first three scoring shots in the third term, but then there was that huge incident and the power settled much better. They finished with seven goals to two after that to win the game. So both the huddles are out there just waiting for the post game formalities as a round announcer and Jared Walsh's going to be doing the duties, will announce who has won tonight's showdown Metal.
Speaker 4: Anybody in here vote yes? Oh hello, mister camporeally, yes? Can you give us an insult?
Speaker 2: Well, you have to wait today. You know the rules fair enough to fair enough, I can give you one. I'm pretty sure Zach Butters will get in the voting. I reckon you'll get it. Watch you out betting plunge. Yeah, it's playing ninety eight cents at the moment. Yeah exactly. So here we go.
Speaker 3: We'll head boundary site now. Jarreb Walsh he's the next voice you'll hear.
Speaker 1: After mine.
Speaker 5: It's not approaching the microphone.
Speaker 2: He's just getting the thank.
Speaker 6: Everyone and thank you for attending tonight. It's fifty six showdown between the Port Adelaide and the Adelaide football clubs. Tonight's voting has been carried out by a panel of industry experts. I would now like to invite Leilani, who is a Variety grant child, to present the Showdown Metal awarded to the best player on the field and the winner of the Showdown from the port Adelake Football Club, Zach Butters.
Speaker 7: Really honored to win this, and thanks for Variety for putting on such a great night and to the crowd, ports porters and Crow supporters. It's always a great spectacle and thanks to the Crows, it's always a great contest.
Speaker 8: And you make it really hard for us.
Speaker 7: So credit to you guys, and good luck for the remaining of the season.
Speaker 2: And yeah, thanks to the port supporters.
Speaker 7: Really showed out tonight and we all appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Congratulations to Zach Butters. Are now invite Variety Champers and Sally Peake two present the Variety Showdown Shield to the Captain of the port Adelake Football Club, Connor Rosie.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much, pretty train up too, yeah quickly big thanks to the Crows. Is always an amazing contest, always a tough fight. Thanks everyone for coming out. Unbelievable crowd for a bit of.
Speaker 8: A wet and windy night.
Speaker 9: So yeah, thanks as usual, Thanks guys, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Very much, Leilania, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Once again the winners have shown out fifty six the poor.
Speaker 2: Adelaide football club.
Speaker 3: Well there you have it, so Zach. But it's not surprisingly getting the votes and winning the medal. And he was enormous tonight, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: Campaign.
Speaker 3: I think it's okay now full disposure.
Speaker 2: You had him as you three, well, hard to go, passing forty two disposals twenty of those contests and thirteen ground balls. He had fifteen handbill received, so he's winning in on the inside of the outside. Had ten clearances, five tackles, ten score involvements, and kicked one goal too. We could argue he was a little bit ineffective in front of goal. I mean, if we're picking on him, he kicked one goal too, but and he gave Timmy and tread As a heart attack when he peeled one into the corridor that important time. But what a wonderful player. He pretty much put him on his back tonight through there along with Horn Francis, I thought he was instrumental with and I guess when you do these, even when I do votes. You know, at the end of the day, it's what's happened. When the game's in the balance. It's easy to jump on at the end and those sort of things. But I thought Butters and horn Frances were the two at three.
Speaker 4: Out first half, significant, wasn't.
Speaker 2: It, So I slipp him in for one vote.
Speaker 4: So I during the week, I was saying I would put Drew Twink because he's the first touch play and you said Dawson, And I think what they had to do was swap that, didn't they In the second half.
Speaker 2: They started, They started with Dawson. They went to him because Drew we sort of waited for him because I was that rank and went forward and Dawson always starts at half forward and then comes up. I think they went head to head. But ultimately Matt's influenced early in the game. I mean, he probably just got overrun, and I don't think he had a lot of support, to be honest, away numbers well, Dawson, I mean he was outstanding as well. I mean you could have given four or five players, a couple from Adelaide and a couple from port as well. So there was a couple of unlucky players from that perspective, but I just thought Port's midfield really got on top, particularly after the incident. I thought they really flex their muscles through there and they controlled the game. It was amazing, wasn't it. Sorry were any quickly? Bergman too defense he worked early on when Port runer the pump and Big Sweet in the ruck. I know he went off and probably missed about fifteen minutes to play. He won that he was dominant. Well, clearance is fifty two thirty eight. That's a belting after O'Brien.
Speaker 3: Was so good the week before against English. After the game, thanks to act transport solutions, we will get the Port song. They're just going around the ground. We might get a couple of calls before we go any further. So let's do that now. If we got lined up here, I think we're going to get to Greta first, is that right, Stacey? Okay, let's get to Stacy first at Richmond High There, Stacy, Hello, I had to.
Speaker 10: Have my teeth back to you because of.
Speaker 11: Heyl for Crows, I.
Speaker 12: Didn't even need teeth beating.
Speaker 13: I didn't have to put my full teething to listen to Port.
Speaker 3: WI good on your stacy. Yeah, there was a barb war two thrown by josh Ra Shelley during the week. He had his moment tonight where he gave it back to the fans in the end though Port fans had the last laugh. Let's go to Lockey high Lockey.
Speaker 14: Okay boys, Yeah, pretty impressive winsnight from the Power were watching it.
Speaker 15: There's pretty hard down to an engyin So I've got one message.
Speaker 14: To Rowe to night and that's called a wave. Good on your boys, go to Power.
Speaker 3: Thanks Locke. Yeah, he's he'll be back I think in a week or so.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: And let's to Shane who's at Brooklyn Park High Shane. You go boy.
Speaker 14: It's a great win by Port Adelaide, especially around the stoppages, so they really showed their their tenacious efforts around there. But obviously with ranking going down for four, getting four for what he did, I'd have to say Houston he got any lesson for a year surprise and I'd like the boys to have a quick look at at the seven minute mark of the last quarter where Willie Rioli flicks the bird at the crowd.
Speaker 12: Do they took him fine for sticking the bird up?
Speaker 14: At the crowd came in the minutes in nine seconds.
Speaker 2: Normally they do, but there was one a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it ended up in a final or not. The only difference with the rank and one off the ball was off the ball. This one's in play. But yeah, well, as I'll say, it's going to be dealt with during the week. Yeah, and well you can't comment. I can't comment. E's four minimum, Yeah, straight to the tribunal. We can argue, or you're like trying to. That's if you go down the matrix, he's four minimum. If ires, that got four for what he's been knocked out cold, which is elevates the whole scenario. He's fine. The matrix would suggest if you say it's intentional, like you do, right, it's severe high four plus tribunal. Right, if it's like I would say, it's in play, it's kereless. Right, it's still severe, it's still high and it's three plus and it can be sent to the tribunal. So it looks as if you will say it's yeah, yeah, and it'll be dem with. I think it'll be dealt with by the tribunal. Yep.
Speaker 3: And if you get If he gets four weeks, it may mean if put one through, even if they made a Grand Final and one through directly to a prelind, he might not play again.
Speaker 2: Ideal. It's not ideal because he's your best half back flame all Australian probably and he's probably going to be missing.
Speaker 3: And treaders will get to the point of who do they replacing me?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 3: Is that Ryan Burton who goes back there? How do they how do they do it?
Speaker 2: Well, he went back during the game. Yeah, it looks like he breathed the most lightly option. Well, the problem is too you Luckie Jones is injured as well by the looks of it, so he doesn't look like he will play next week either.
Speaker 3: So and Premandler fighting for a top eight spot. That's a huge game and Port for top two. Let's go to Jordan from Coramandele's high Jordan.
Speaker 11: Kay, boys, I think that prout like guy should I think Dani Houston so he should be an absolute strive. There was absolutely sickening and I think if he gets its going to be the biggest upro AFL history. That was absolutely sickening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he's going to get off I don't think there's any doubt Jordan that he's in a lot of trouble and that I think Trador's probably got it right when he said that. It will go straight to the Tribune and will have to wait for confirmation of that. As Port Adelaide's players, we'll get to the calls. There's quite a few of them we want to get to in a moment, but the players are just making their way into the rooms now, so we will get the team song, no doubt, a fairvorit of elation. It's been a while since they've won a Showdown. They haven't won one since twenty twenty two, So just a few high fives going on going past a lot of supporters and everyone pretty happy in the rooms at the moment. So we might head on down to the rooms and get the team song for the Port Adelaide Football Club.
Speaker 16: This is.
Speaker 3: There will be some sore bodies after that result, and they get around Zach Butters after he took out the Showdown Metal. What a performance. Forty two touches and a goal after the game. Thanks to acet trans board solutions, we've got the awards to get through. But let's get back to the calls. We've got Tom from Salisbury who has chimed in high there Tom yere, he goes.
Speaker 12: I hate seeing Port wind, but well done. They observe the win. They kept their heads after the whole rank and debacle, which was a bit of a snot, but you know, that's football sometimes. I just want to say, at least in one sense, they've sort of done out a later favor in a draft which has got great midfielders. We've secured picked forth. So I go, I guess that's one little constellation. I just want to know, Tampo, do you think Sid Draper is he the one we should be picking up? Because I can see him playing next year's Showdown, first Showdown and helping us win the game. Because look, you know, we had Chase Jones in the s NFL today who was our pick nine. At the same time, Port just said Zach Barder to his pig twelve winning the Showdown Metal and look at an absolute genuine star, and we are definitely needing help in the midfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question. I mean I know Sid personally, he's a great, great young man, super talent. He will go high in the draft. I guess that ultimately at the end of the day pick four, there's going to be a fair bit of talent. Having had to know the draft pretty well this year, there's a lot of talent in that in that group, and it is a midfielders draft, so they're going to have a hard discussion I guess at the list management around who it is, but I can certainly put Sid name for it. He's a quality young man. He's a great Player's got legs, but he does argue, you know, ideally enough. He has got the Zach Butter's power, you know, those sort of things, and he does do those sort of things I've seen at the last three or four years because he's played with my son, So he's a quality young man. And if they want local talent so they don't have that, I guess repercussion of the option of going home, Sid would be absolutely the one that they'd be looking at.
Speaker 3: And they're locked into fifteenth spot now the Crows. Because Saint Kilda have come from thirty three points out at halftime to beat Geelong of eighteen.
Speaker 2: It's opening up again. I'm just having a look here. I'm trying to concentrate, but I'm looking at the ladder. I mean Wow. But Port they win next week, they secure second spot pretty much and at the moment if Geelong, you know they probably they're not gonna probably win by big enough smash. GWS have got the Bulldogs, which is going to be an interesting game in the last Roe Paul.
Speaker 3: Could lose and still hold on to second scarrect because their percentage is better then GWS, so that they're hoping the Dogs win. Anyway, if they win, they'll stay there. But it's amazing. Let's get to Amy, who is out at Allgate. Hello there, Amy, Tommy. They don't good. Thank you? What did you think? I know you're a Port fan? Happy with that result?
Speaker 13: Well, I would really like to see power tap her about the finals.
Speaker 14: What are your reckons?
Speaker 2: Oh, that ain't happening. I've watched his recovery and he's probably not quite ready just yet, or he's only just running straight lines.
Speaker 10: It's not the.
Speaker 13: Block off for Shelley and his front seat.
Speaker 3: That was a big talking point, Amy, I don't think my boys in the commentary box next to me loved it. From a coaching point of view or a teammate would if you saw that vision and no doubt see it, would you pull him aside this week Campo treaders and say, look, mate, this a time and a place.
Speaker 2: I haven't played for since twenty ten. But if I was captain, I would have said, great goal, stay on, let's stay on focus. Do you reckon Taylor Walker or Rory Slane and those guys have not. I'd be staggered if they haven't had a conversation at this point in time. Now, there's two things that happened with this. Either he's been told to do it and that's okay and everyone's okay on the same page, or has been told to pull his head in and he's still doing and he's not listening. That's the only two possible answers that could be that.
Speaker 5: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Is that a fair question? So you're sitting there going which one is it? I'd like to find out because I don't think that helps. And maybe I'm old school and people can ring up and so you're living the dark ages. For me, I'm with you. I don't think that Yes we want entertainment, yes we want players, but I just don't think that's entertainment for me. That's just disrespectful in my eyes.
Speaker 3: They call amen and let's be honest to his own teammates.
Speaker 2: Well to both, that's the opposition to both.
Speaker 5: It's for me, it's you sit.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, they feel like they have to now protect you on the basis of what you're doing away from play. The game doesn't measure your club standards. You know what you measuring yourself on those bits of pieces. And for the journeys out there, there's a press conference coming and that's the coach. Yeah, yep, we'll get an answer there or he'll protect his player. Yeah whether whether what are you saying behind clothes?
Speaker 3: That's right, yep, and you'd imagine some stiff conversations and a great call. Thank you so much. Let's go to Greta from Melbourne, who no doubt has got an opinion on the three to one for tonight.
Speaker 2: Hi there, Greta.
Speaker 12: Hello, I'm just apologizing in advanced by sound a bit weird. I don't have my false teeth in right now.
Speaker 3: Very good, Greta.
Speaker 17: So my three votes, three goes to Butters, true to Jace Bergery and one to Connor.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't mind that. I don't mind that. The three to one for treaders. You obviously looking through the port lends a little bit more closely.
Speaker 2: I take credits feedback every week when I know you do. I'm with her on one of those. Okay, so we have this, we have this little finger on Greta and I. She gives me feedback on my best players. But I do admit those players were great. I just had a couple others I thought were earlier better. Well, they're the ones that you know, you can throw up eight for the for one vote. As I said, I thought Butters and horn Frances were the two influential players and then you could go through five or six from there, burgling better. The game went on.
Speaker 5: Absolutely had a good year.
Speaker 2: It was cool, really.
Speaker 3: Good yep and a wiry you know slight stands up in the big man.
Speaker 1: In the last quarter, nearly jumped over the whole pack. Yeah, to take the mart of the.
Speaker 3: Real and a big goal as well, you know, I know it was on the line by good running, you know, gave them that bit of breathing space. Great call, grett Let's go to Mary and Sammy has given us a call. Hi, Sam, how are you so?
Speaker 17: I just want to, first of all, just apologize to Scott CAMPERELLI because I was a mad Carlton supporter, por Magpie supporter. And the only reason I've called you Spaghetti CAMPERELLI was Matthew Klappe when he shaved your head, and when you shaved his head, he called you Spaghetti Camparelli. That's the only reason I said that, Scott. That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's all good, not a problem. And to me it yeah, Sam no.
Speaker 17: And to me yeah, well but the Olympic year is still going, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 4: Ah, you did mention that, Sam said, Just let's keep on track.
Speaker 2: Sam.
Speaker 17: Hey, I'm not jumping ahead of myself like that's the man who shaves his head every second day and he's got beautiful white teeth.
Speaker 18: But we haven't.
Speaker 17: So yeah, I'm not jumping any guns, all right.
Speaker 2: Mate, good man?
Speaker 1: Sam, got on you.
Speaker 2: Sam. Enjoy the win.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you are. We'll keep on going out to Nord now, John, Hi, John.
Speaker 13: OHI guys, warrnor Jimmy. I feel a bit disappointed, you know. You know, Houston is a terrific young player and that's not his makeup a game. I just feel a bit sorry for the poor bugger. It was there, but yeah, that's not his star a game, and yeah, he's gonna feel it all week.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 4: Right John, he's gonna it's gonna probably play a hefty price for it.
Speaker 1: So we'll just let that play out, just see what ends up happening.
Speaker 4: But I think, like you said, Camp, I just probably the thoughts with Isaac ranking to make sure that he recovers.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we don't want to see I mean, that's ultimately what we're trying to I guess get out of the game, aren't we. You know, those sort of incidences and the long effects of those things as well, Like we don't want to say it, like we've all got sons and whatever, and if that was your son, you'd be pretty upset, I reckon, And that's what we're trying to, I guess eradicate from the game. So fingers crossed, he's ok.
Speaker 3: It's outcome based and it's it's the kind of look they're trying to take out, isn't it. And he was out cold.
Speaker 2: Things have tightened up significant this year with the clause of effectively the ability to cause harm cause injury.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly right. Let's go to hackhem. Steve is on the line past.
Speaker 18: Steve by break cool tonight. I just want to give Jordan Sweet a huge pet on the back for a good Yeah. God has played only as many games as he had. I think He's effort in the ruck against Riley O'Brien, who I rat Feely Oiley was excellent.
Speaker 11: So yeah.
Speaker 18: And also I want to say about the Crows I think of it. I've never seen them much so undisciplined in that second half. You know, Blake Thot fogged, he'd been run. I've played one hundred games, should no better. Rachelle's an idiot, and I think God pull him aside and tell him either Pully heading or you can go and play for Carlton Lo the rest of your family, Berrick, for Carlton, we don't want you. So it's the most undrest and plenty I've ever seen the Crows planes there odd years.
Speaker 3: Thanks to you call, Steve. We'll get back to that. I think we're just going to head to the rooms first. Hold your thought on that, boys, and I'll get your thoughts on that. That's an insightful call there from Steve. We've got to go to the rooms because Semi Daddo is down there at the moment and he's standing by with one of the players, Sammy down to you.
Speaker 7: Thanks Tomya, joined by Jason Hallan Francis twenty three touches, two goals, one hell of a contest and plenty of heat, you know, especially after halftime.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 19: You know, we knew that it's a show, it's a showdown, it's finals like footy. You know, there's a bit of a rivalry there. So when you was gonna be tough contest. We know our Crows play their contests to contest and they they thrive in the contest and you know, getting the ball forward and out of the back. So you know, we knew what we had to do coming into the game and I thought we did well.
Speaker 2: Jason Scott Camp probably up here, congratulations. I thought you were really pivotal, particularly early in the game with you know, particularly when you went forward. You cause some issues there. What's your balance of midfield and forward. Do you have that conversation with Ken or is it more based on how you're going or how the game's being played out.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think it's it changes week to week. It's a bit how the game's playing out. You know, you know, we've got so many damaging midfielders in there that it doesn't you know, it doesn't allow me to get forward a little bit and use Mustang's up forward, which I you know, I really appreciate that we have, you know, superstars in there that can get it down to me when I'm down there. So yeah, it changes each game. Can he kind of tells me where he wants me to be each game. But you know, if I can go up forward and disrupt some few things.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 2: And I guess you know, the talking point will be the Dan Houston incident. What was the conversation take us down on ground when you guys sort of gathered together around because it looked like from up here, you guys handled the incident after the fact, after that really well better than what Adelaide did.
Speaker 19: Yeah, definitely, I think we you know, we love to stick up for our players, and you know, Dan's one of our you know, preceiders players and we love him at the club, so you know, wherever we could well stick up for him.
Speaker 8: And we knew then they.
Speaker 19: Were going to come out and try fire at us, and we just needed to keep our composure.
Speaker 8: I feel like, and you know we did that. You know, probably better than All aided.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, it's treadersy, I mate, I thought you were phenomenal again. At one stage in the last quarter the tackles were twelve one. That's as good a heat as we've seen. And even the pressure goes was two forty seven when they say two hundreds exceptional. So did it feel that way it was Kin driving that or was that player driven standards? Because it was manic. It was very much like we saw against Sydney a few weeks back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely. I think that's you know, that's the brand we want to play.
Speaker 19: We want to play a contest, pressure brand of footy, and I thought, yeah, we did that tonight and I think we maintained two for the whole game.
Speaker 8: I think, so it's really.
Speaker 19: Awesome to come in and see them numbers and you know, the feeling out in the ground when the pressure is out higher, everyone just feeds off it.
Speaker 8: And I think, you know, you.
Speaker 19: Know, one person goes and everyone else feeds off it. And yeah, if we if we can play like that every week, can keep that pressure up, We'll.
Speaker 2: Go a long way.
Speaker 1: Jason tim Jitiber.
Speaker 4: I just thought in the previous showdowns that we've lost the last three that they've got off to the fast start and we've been sort of chasing behind. I just love the fact that we weren't playing you know, awesome footy, but we were hanging in there, so the margin was never really a problem so that if we eventually do come good, we could accelerate. So I thought that was probably key, just being in touch at half time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 19: I think we gave a few you know, scrappy goals way out the back and a couple of scrappy free kicks, which you know, we knew that's that's not us, and when you were close and then probably got the scoreboard, you know, looked I think at what twelve points sound a half time. So yeah, we definitely still had that belief and confidence going into the second half. Even the first quarter, we played the way we wanted to play. We kept it in our front half and they're a really good team and just absorbing a lot of pressure inside fifty and they did that again tonight. So we just tried to put as much pressure inside fifty as we could and you know, you know, by the end of it, hope, you know, hopefully they were going to break, and they did a little bit in the end because you found a player in big Jordan. Sweet for a bloke who couldn't start the season behind Soldo, He's grabbed it.
Speaker 2: Hasn't he.
Speaker 8: Oh he's been tremendous.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think he Yeah, getting that getting that priority rock Row, he loves it and he thrives off it. So you know, we thrive off that that knowing that you know he's going to come out each week and we know we're going.
Speaker 8: To get for him. So it's really good to see him just keep developing week by week and we love having it out there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's important to enjoy these wins, Jason, as you know, they're hard to win, and you're sitting second on the ladder. Important game against Freeman on next week who lost today, you can sew up a home final and potentially our opportunity to have two finals time, So that'll be really important.
Speaker 19: Yeah, definitely, I think. Yeah, you start thinking about it this time of the year, and you know, if we could finish second and you know, not have to leave Adelaide Oval, you know for the next I guess two or three weeks, it would be awesome.
Speaker 8: So you know that's saying that.
Speaker 19: We're thriving towards we want to put ourselves, you know, the best best position on.
Speaker 8: The ladder we can. And I think tonight we just needed to get the job done.
Speaker 19: And I thought that's what we did. And I think next week is going to be the same. And you said to I guess, go over there, get the job done, and you know, try try and keep that top spot.
Speaker 2: Do you know he kicked the first goal on the second quarter for us? Who's that? Do you know? Who kicked the first goal on the second quarter? For a some bloke kick one forty on the run left foot.
Speaker 8: I was I rattled myself. Actually did look like it?
Speaker 2: Mate? Well you look look silky smooth. How are you rating? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I didn't really know what I was. I was kind of just trying to get it. I don't know, top of the square or.
Speaker 2: Just it's the best way to do it, mate, don't think about it yourself. It's flashed down there. The old man, he wouldn't have been passing that one off. He would have said, good work.
Speaker 8: Done now, no way, No. I think he likes his left for better than was right wrong with that?
Speaker 3: It was an amazing goal. Jason, you were phenomenal again tonight. Well done. It was a hot game and you were outstanding once again. Congratulations. Top four is locked in and like you said, a win next week and you're lock in top two. So good luck, recover well and hope you go well.
Speaker 2: Again next week.
Speaker 8: Thanks very much, Please thanks on me.
Speaker 3: Great stuff, Jason Horn Francis. He's just made for the big stage, isn't he. He's phenomenal. And when the game was in dangerous potentially going the crowsway, he was the one that kept him inute early, wasn't he.
Speaker 5: He was human.
Speaker 2: That's what he does, doesn't I mean? But those guys, when you play at that level and you know, you think of dangerfield, those sort of guys sometimes it's not pretty. But that one when he won that groundball inside forward fifty, they just attacked the ball. It's just natural. It's not now I have to go to another level. They just play at that level. And when you play at that level in those important games, they're really important because they draw really good free kicks in good areas and they set the tone for the rest of the group, so that all of a sudden Rosie jumps on board Ollie Wines jumps on board Jase Berger and gets a bit of a lyft on the back of that. So those players are energizers and that's what he brings to the group.
Speaker 3: The scary thing is he's twenty one.
Speaker 2: It was Danger that good this early, do you remember, because it's while he was forward when I got to the club. So Craigie was sort of because he was so powerful. He's probably like Jason when he was forward and he was so powerful and he probably didn't have the engine to go into the midfield, but you know, so he had to work on that.
Speaker 5: But no, probably not.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I think he's had more influence at this point in time of his career compared to Danger. I mean, it's a pretty good career Dangerfield, but he's probably ahead of the curve. But he's the bloke the most that I reckon. Dangerfield's probably Pauler. He's probably a bit more cleaner with the skills a bit, but he's a better kick. But I was just there going if he turns anything like Danger and he's the kids and just knowing him this much, yep.
Speaker 5: So driven.
Speaker 2: The challenge is the way you play, as you know, that that catches up you at substage. The combative type, the way he plays it's okay when you're twenty one, but when you're twenty five twenty.
Speaker 3: Six, you're getting sashed every well, well.
Speaker 2: It's a tough way. It's a tough way to play. Not that we want him to change, but it's a tough way to can go forward. That's his help, which you will and I think the way Ken uses him and you touched on it then a little. He doesn't spend huge minutes in the middle.
Speaker 5: It's just key minutes, just burst.
Speaker 3: Out and you guys have spoken about it, but he's probably not going to hit his peak sixty games intro. It's one hundred games before you you've done that full apprenticeship, isn't it? So that the best is definitely it to come with probably two three years away from him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're privileged to watch him play. It's just one of those kids, whether you're a port fan or not, when you watch Danger if you'll play at the Crows, or you watch Buddy Franklin at Sydney and then obviously before that at Hawthorne.
Speaker 5: It's just like wow.
Speaker 2: And the good thing too, Treaders is he's protected not the right word, because he's got other guys. They're like Wines and that's why it's really important. You know, like North Melbourne, it's sort of they don't have necessarily they've got Davies Uni in there. But you've got Rosie, you got Butters, you've got Wines, you got Drew. So he's actually got some really nice support to help building his game. So they're not expecting him to have, you know, thirty each week.
Speaker 4: He had have walked into say North Melbourne he did seven years earlier. Yeah, and you had Zebel and Cunnington and those that would have helped.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's good, cool, good will and we're going to see again. We're going to get another chance to watch him in September action, which will be fantastic. Let's get back to the calls after the game. Thanks to Acid Transport Solutions, Peter from Croydon has been waiting patiently. Pete, thanks so much for holding the line.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 20: Yeah, just obviously as a supporter, we did what we needed to do. But just as a potential Cake King's counsel, I would sort of say that Houston was shouldn't be hung out of the drive because I don't think he should have. He could have done much more, like he could have potentially ruined rankin but he almost stopped. But oh yeah, what he is I think, well.
Speaker 5: I disagree with that.
Speaker 2: That that that yeah, and treaders will argue with that, And I don't expect him be comment on it because he's too tied up, you know, in his position. But for me, he lined him up from a from a fair way. I watched the incident. He could have tackled, he chose to bump, and unfortunately, in the way the game is adjudicated now, he's in big trouble, unfortunately. So I don't necessarily agree with that call.
Speaker 3: I think it's that thing when he had the ball and it is so quick, but you can't go to tackle it. If you go the bump and someone gets knocked out.
Speaker 5: You've got a choice.
Speaker 2: And when the rules come in, there's always this indecision, and there's a moment of a changeover in terms of the philosophy and how you think about the game. They've had more than enough warnings throughout the now around what's going to happen and the consequences of your actions. So he's in a bit of trouble, we.
Speaker 3: Might head down to the rooms. Ken Hinckley's about to hold his press conference with the Shadown medallist Zach Butter, So we'll just get a few thoughts from the coach and the best on the ground from tonight showdown.
Speaker 16: We're worried about leading the what what the opportunity regardless of.
Speaker 21: What the game's Yeah, yeah it's tap com mean, it's my job.
Speaker 16: That's the grips off of the sports a day.
Speaker 22: What started game I most is that thing much just about than must have been from the showdown you couched, Yeah.
Speaker 23: Little Banion, FID invasion, Thigy Mins, Greer Bad and big bet Mines, which yeah it was.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 5: It was a proper showing.
Speaker 2: It was on them dancing incident is the old history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, moment in the game.
Speaker 14: How did you say this?
Speaker 7: Tar?
Speaker 16: I always think I took some coming on that young they.
Speaker 23: I mean the spars that versus four nusch I don't know. From the zag games in very great big football, some of these decisions, split second decisions. Unfortunately a water wrong would that they basically nine fish decisions to day?
Speaker 21: You might not was that the most fari showdown that you've seen little more like I'll just for throw out. There was a couple of stellashs middlized one of the people.
Speaker 24: He takes more memory because I think doing a foot balls like fol sure what it was thin people a little bit in spats, But I think that the w up this possible. Think the free heal ages for oursis or pick time we just made to faction waited, or I think the reality for anywhere applies before we die.
Speaker 16: We out here to apply aver in the football because we don't needs, not want I care about any of you as just wanna care abouts.
Speaker 21: Is there's such that there must be some satisfaction or given.
Speaker 16: You know, if I haven't won the Ini loost.
Speaker 21: Three games against the Crosi, it's always you know, gets to fits Ronald's you know he finds right such a pig to get such a whey festival.
Speaker 23: Alth ways, and it was it satisfaing because it was really the position for a sason work.
Speaker 16: And higher and then out the damn sason reforming itselves.
Speaker 2: You know have a raison potion.
Speaker 7: But God to get next with ye just set straight hut to tom Fel like your your ability to see it.
Speaker 2: Off to that instant cause critics the movie, I just sat down.
Speaker 22: To your own pay flats and you're lility to honor since that the the young leadership group we go out there and comes at particularly and then their way up there going doing yourself as well by the game.
Speaker 16: You know, g you and we just have to fight for me and we we went back and we play.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, there you have it.
Speaker 3: That's his Ken Hinckley there and Zach Butter's next to him in the press conference, not surprisingly can't comment on the incident. I mean, you know, anything he says, he's going to be taken and you know potential. Fine, so there's not my chee can say. Now, it's all going to be in the hands of the Tribuneal you would have thought we'll continue the conversation with the Cause. Ralph has been standing by after the game. Acid Transport Solutions need more drivers Ace at Transport dot Au. Ralph is at Mount Barker. Gooda Ralph, how are.
Speaker 11: You Fellas.
Speaker 16: Not bad?
Speaker 3: How are you Ralph?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 25: Great game of Fundy. That commentary from Henckley, Maye, you you would have got more sense out of talking to your dog because we wouldn't have heard anything. As far as people on the radio go, you couldn't make much sense of what Ken was saying. I'm a Crow supporter, mate. All I've got to say is a great game of footy. I think Houston been unlucky. I think there's any knows in it. It was just a footy collision. But geez, we've got the best rivalry in the whole country, mate, you know, and we're so we're so ounder valued by the Victorians out there. They talk about Collingwood and Carlton and Essendon and Colingwood and all these Crows and power game. You know, it's always going to be a nail bier. So it's just, you know, I don't know why the channel channel sevens of the light. So they come out and they put us at the Blockbuster game. Doesn't matter where they are in the ladder, it's going to be the best football you can see for the round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fair call, Ralph. There's been a lot of talk over the years of bringing it into primetime on Friday Night as a standalone. It was certainly another great chapter in what's been a story rivalry.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: I'm with Ralph, who would have thought at the beginning of the showdowns, so you get to fifty six of them and it would be split fifty to fifty twenty way.
Speaker 3: And there's always only ever been one or two either side. You know, no one's ever got out to run a huge I think you won quite.
Speaker 2: A few early ten four, early, yeah, we won seven in a row. Then Adelaide won six or seven or eight in a row. That was the only time. And then since then, even when Porter that that challenges as the club where we're financially struggling and still go one all, you still go one all for the season.
Speaker 3: It's it's made h great call.
Speaker 2: Thanks Ralph.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Ingle Farm. Kenny's on the line, Hi, Ken.
Speaker 10: Tell you boys another Yeah, another great game. But I was a bit disappointed again with the umpire and made. I mean, and that last bloke, you know, honestly, that last bloke it said that Danny Houston's a good you know, they were going up and shaking his hand when they had to break after that happened, as if they're all smiling. I mean, I hope they come out and Freeman. I hope Freeman will start hitting them real hard, because I'll tell you what next year, when they turn up at our home game, mate, We're going to let them know and I'll tell you what they played dirty tonight. The only thing I'll say about the Crows. We got to learn to kick off the ground and kick the ball out of their hands like Port were doing tonight.
Speaker 13: Mate.
Speaker 10: You go back and watch that game and how many times they got that ball forward by kicking that ball off the ground in danger. I mean that our boys are a joke, mate, I'll tell you they are a joke. And I'm not taking anything away from Port women, But as far as I'm concerned, would you.
Speaker 2: Say to Fogget, he's undisciplined and when the moments were in those areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just could be careful.
Speaker 2: The language actually, if you go to the free kicks was in favor of Adelaide twenty nine, twenty six.
Speaker 5: If that's what halftime with the yeah, so I mean.
Speaker 2: And the majority of the free kicks were high contact, which is pressure, so that you know then that's not necessarily on purpose. That's just the pressure of the game and wanting to tackle when you get them a little bit high. And then it was holding the ball, So Adelaide got eight hole in the ball, free kicks.
Speaker 3: He's frustrated, he's frustrated. Yeah, let's go to parallel. Michaels on the line with us.
Speaker 15: High Michael, Hey, guys, I won't even going to the umpiring decisions. It was an absolute joke in favor of the Crows, to be honest.
Speaker 14: But I'm so so proud.
Speaker 3: Listen to your show every.
Speaker 15: Game, and I remember a few weeks ago Tredi's got hit hard. People were booing Top four cemented it's a marathon, not a sprint, and that's all I've got to say. Butters, Rosie, Jason harn Francis in my top three. Dixon hugely underrated what he does in the air. Massive, just very proud guys, very proud of the efforts and our captain Connor Rosy, huge maturity over the week and throughout not getting caught up in all the conversation with the Crows and all their opening their mouth and that led from the front. Fantastic thick effort, very proud port supporter.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a gritty win, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: And I thought he ended that press it well, Yeah, you know the Lacosia's stuff that he was as open and honest and transparent as he can be, and you know, talked him because, let's face it, it wasn't much pork could do because we'd lost four out of the last five and the last three and we had to actually do it on the field about talking about it.
Speaker 3: And one thing they have done a lot, Timmy, you touched on this pre game is port have spoken a lot pre game in the last probably five or six showdowns. But this week it was really even keel.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it.
Speaker 3: It felt like they sort of downplayed it as much as anything, and with the Rischelli comments and everything else, it was almost.
Speaker 4: A bit more the other It would have been tempting to jump in on that, of course, but yeah, well plays, Let's go to our friend at Italy good I frank.
Speaker 20: Hey, hey, going boys is another call as usual?
Speaker 9: Good the boys win.
Speaker 10: All these Crows fans that are ringing up. Took him about the Houston bump.
Speaker 12: They look at their players, it now blows off the ball.
Speaker 25: Maybe if put their head.
Speaker 12: Over the footage the result would have been different.
Speaker 3: And all right, thanks for that, Frankie. Yeah, I don't think he's going to be the favorite for porn fans. And sometimes you can be a villain almost indirectly or you know, by something that happens, or you can seek it out. And I think he's going to be the villain from from now on for port fans, isn't he Well?
Speaker 2: Well, ultimately, at the end of the day, you know, he keeped the goal. He had ten disposals, so he didn't have any influence on the game. So you know, it's one of those ones that depending on which side of the fence you will sit, you'll have that discussion whether it's right or wrong with a great Jason ekamanezs to do not those sort of things, but entertaining, in your face stuff. But he backed it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go to my land. Anthony's waiting high Anthony.
Speaker 25: For you there.
Speaker 5: Too long?
Speaker 1: That's all right, tell you what I reckon, get the awards going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have Have you really had enough? I couldn't tell from that you started snoring about four minutes ago. You're you won if you lost. If he lost camp earlier in the year, But enjoy it. They're hard to wait a couple of them off. They're hard to win him Scotch. What I want to get? I want to get it? And what what you go to pizza on the Ome or James, I mean to go.
Speaker 1: With your sorry yeah yeah, no, you'll have a cheap.
Speaker 2: The Lovely Wi.
Speaker 3: Allright, we'll take a short break and we'll come back with your wards on the other side. Show Down fifty six going the way of the power.
Speaker 5: This his faith to believe.
Speaker 3: After the game thanks to Acid Transport Solutions are twenty two point win for Port Adelaid. We're going to get into the awards now. Andrew raimat standing by injury report. First up Trust Cavalry Adelaide Emergency Department for Personalized Professional Care twenty four to seven. Isaac ranking the big talking point Fellas he'll be out for the final game of the season with concussion.
Speaker 2: And Luckie Jones too.
Speaker 5: What happens there?
Speaker 2: Yep, so comes up.
Speaker 3: Keep an eye on those two. We'll get it from a port and Crow's perspective, Fellas so goal of the day thanks to Beechwood Homes Real Custom Home Builders.
Speaker 2: I got Horn Francis's left foot on the run goal early in the second quarter. Beautiful, wasn't it on that left and I.
Speaker 5: Went Mitch Hinge through the middle of the ground. Really at sixty meters, just nailed it.
Speaker 2: Hang on, yeah, oh it was late in the game.
Speaker 5: Amusing other incidents. Maybe it was a nice goal.
Speaker 2: I couldn't split them, but you did. Yeah, please, you've got to share it around.
Speaker 5: I've given Josh had a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, all thanks to Beachwood Homes for a customer homebuilders Mark of the day. Thanks to McGain real Estate. If you're selling, they have the buyers ready to go.
Speaker 2: I asked Timm and he said Bergmann. So I said done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a trap.
Speaker 2: It was good an what about big sweeties, big contested mark in the middle of the ground, play your role when I suppose I went filth in quarter three took that big contested mark. So there wasn't a two big mark.
Speaker 3: Night was not really Yeah, and I'll get a three to one for either side. I know you did it for the Actually, what was your three to one for the game? Yeah, Butter's three.
Speaker 2: I buttered three, Horned Frances two and Matt Crouch one.
Speaker 3: All right, So from a crow's perspective, though, what have you gone for the night?
Speaker 5: I went crouched three DAWs and two.
Speaker 2: And a third.
Speaker 5: I didn't mind Mitch hitch Hinges game.
Speaker 3: Good stuff and Treaders for you.
Speaker 2: I went butters three horn Frances to Bergman one. I thought he was immense early.
Speaker 3: Yep, really good, isn't He's such a good player, all thanks to unique home style foods. A big thanks Treader's Campo, Timmy, great job, Lyndon to Sammy Tugwell. Back in the studio. Saturday, it was a twenty two point win for Port Adelaide in a fiery showdown. There'll be plenty of fallout tuning to the Sports show on Monday. It was Port Adelaide looking in a top four spot with a gritty win tonight. This is how it unfolded.
Speaker 2: This is five double a football