Speaker 1: He joined us. Now, Alex, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hi.
Speaker 3: How are we?
Speaker 4: We're very good and how are you. We're excited to speak to you this morning.
Speaker 3: Heard I'm hanging. I can't complain.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're fresh from Stage Coach. Now I want to go to that.
Speaker 1: Lawren's obsessed.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with Stage Cold.
Speaker 1: You need to be to go to Stage Coach.
Speaker 4: It's funny you ask how cool you need to be because I saw on your Instagram you saying that all your high school bullies go to stage Coach every year, and this year Jelly Roll asked you to get up and perform with him.
Speaker 2: What a moment.
Speaker 1: That's a big yours.
Speaker 3: I posted like an hour ago. How did you see that?
Speaker 2: I'm on doing.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was so cool and now I was so blessed. Yeah, it's funny. Every year of my it tends to be the kids in the high school. I went to go to that and it was pretty crazy to get the text the next day saying.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I saw you.
Speaker 4: Well, bully.
Speaker 2: They reached out to you after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a nice guy. I kind of I don't. I don't have any bad, bad blow with anyone. And also we were the kids.
Speaker 5: I don't mind, but no, it's always just a fun thing where it's like, you know, Jelly to say to bring me out, and.
Speaker 3: Jelly is such a sweetheart that he is. And I got to meet some really cool.
Speaker 5: People that night, and you know, I was blessed to be able to be on the stage with that many cool people.
Speaker 2: How amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that full circle thing is extraordinary. What's what's life like for you right now? That must have been a bit of a pinch me moment. You know you're slaying it. You're slaying it on socials. You know, everyone loves the music. It must have been a bit of a nice part truck.
Speaker 3: Now it's cool.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely like, you know, the one thing that kind of sucks about this it's like you start to see how many people don't like you now, which is always But it's definitely really cool and I've met some really amazing people and you know, being blessed with this position.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 5: It's more of just like trying to trying to make the most of it. And you know, I don't want to mess up.
Speaker 7: I know you performed ordinary with Ed Sheeran. Is it true you guys met just that day that you did the performance.
Speaker 3: Did Yeah, we met that day and it's so funny.
Speaker 5: As he asked me to go to a bar with him the next day, and so in Nashville. So I flew to Nashville and went to a bar and he got me drunk off two medellas and I had to.
Speaker 3: Have my wife drive me home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he's a bit, he's quite. He's a good drinker. He can he can settle in.
Speaker 1: For a wet spend the night on a party bus with him.
Speaker 7: And I had to deal with her doing the show the next morning, and she was shambles.
Speaker 1: How were you? How'd you pro?
Speaker 6: I was fine.
Speaker 3: I mean, two beers put me on my ass. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I drink once a year, and so I chose that once to be with Ed and it was a treat and we were at a beer only place and it takes just two modelas and I'm gone. So honestly, he probably loved it. I was a cheap drinker.
Speaker 4: It will be odd to say no if you drink once a year, and and she it's like, come on, bro, have a few beers with me.
Speaker 6: I mean, he'd has to say, can I ask you about the song ordinary? Because I bloody love it? Right, It's just such a It's such a beautiful song, is it? Is it like a story of transformation? Is that what it's what it's about? You know, why did you pin it?
Speaker 5: I wrote it because there's something that you know, I've noticed with this generation that I'm in, it's not a lot of people are getting married, I guess at a young age, which I don't know if it's not normal or not, but I'm twenty four. I got married at twenty three with my wife. I met at eighteen, and you know, when we met, I had nothing. I was sleeping in my car and she decided to sleep in it with me. And it was cool because it was like there was nothing that I had that she wanted except.
Speaker 3: For my love. And I think that was that's really rare to fine.
Speaker 5: I think today everyone kind of wants something from you and wants like other things, and no one's really getting married. And I wanted to write a song about what we found was out of the ordinary?
Speaker 1: What about devotion?
Speaker 7: Sweet?
Speaker 2: Does he think I didn't love you or not?
Speaker 7: Also, I'll tell you what the tourbous the scopping is from looks very different to the car and then missus would have lived in.
Speaker 2: Very true. Are you on the tour of us?
Speaker 3: I am on the tour bus.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 7: You didn't know you didn't have bunk bades in your own Yeah, we're back in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I would sneak into like I was speaking to open like pool like communities, like pool communities. You know when someone has like a gated community, I would sneak into that and showering there like a gated pool.
Speaker 4: You must be like so proud of yourself looking at this extraordinary life that you're living right now. Do you have pinched me moments and what's been the biggest one where you're like Ricky from from where I was years ago to now, what what's been the big thing?
Speaker 5: I walked in the sound check with Ed Shearon and he was learning Ordinary and hearing him just in the chorus, I was like this, I audibly was like, this is the coolest day of my life. And he just started looking at me laughing, and I was like, this is insane. And so we started singing it together and my wife is there with me, and she starts bawling her eyes out in front of Ed Shear and as him and I are just singing the song and he thought it was so funny and.
Speaker 3: He loved it. Was such a cool experience. You know, me where like that is the reason I got into music. So it was just such a cool opportunity.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, our.
Speaker 3: Nail pals and he helps me through a lot of this stuff. So it's been really cool.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you got that moment, Like that's your hero, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: They never meet your heroes, and when you do and they impress you. What an experience.
Speaker 7: And you know what, it doesn't love douchebags Like you're a good kid, Alex. You've got a great head on your shop. I've got three young boys and you're the sort of like you know, you didn't buy back of the bullies. You just kept doing your own thing. You know, you've got to perform there in the crowd. You know, you're the sort of lad that I get my three boys to look up to. Mate, So well done, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that. It means a lot.
Speaker 1: Let's talk Australia. You're coming.
Speaker 4: You're coming to Australia where it's very excited to have you out here in august I.
Speaker 3: Grew up surfing and a lot of my neighbors were Australian.
Speaker 5: Funny enough, so Josh Kerr, if you know that is the professional surfer. He lived down the street from us, and you know, I grew up idolizing him. And it's really cool, like now that I get to go to Australia and people want to see me, just.
Speaker 7: Be careful there shots, Well, there's shots. There's also a lot of pepparazzi for as an international guest coming to town, trying to catch a wave.
Speaker 4: Getting dumb by Yeah, yeah, did you ask it about the good beaches to go to? Because he loves Australia. He's here a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going to need that advice.
Speaker 5: Especially he's a fellow Ginger, so we need to watch ourselves with sunscreen.
Speaker 2: I love the Gingers.
Speaker 1: Should we take him out there? But it's here and Melbourn probably should.
Speaker 2: Get him out to a beach.
Speaker 4: Well, we're very excited for you to come out here to Australia. We love you out here, so we can't wait to meet you. We can't wait to see you when you come to town.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll have to get you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 5: I'd love to I'm said, I said this time. I'm obsessed with radio interviews. I'd love to come in. I grew up watching it, so please, any chance I get, I will pop in and say hey and hang out for the day.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna have trouble kicking me out.
Speaker 4: That's the thing we love that we can wait to meet Alex.
Speaker 2: You're such a delight. We can't wait to see you.
Speaker 1: Ronie, thank you so much, tsah on this morning, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Look forward to seeing you guys in person.
Speaker 5: And Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 2: Follow socials
Speaker 6: Yahm