Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way that Dance Bra little Man Trip with before.
Speaker 1: Celeb goodday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show. We hope you were having a lovely day. We've kickstarted the day early in the morning. Deal's got to work today. But it's the only time we could squeeze this in. It's old school is old. This makes me feel young again.
Speaker 3: We used to film early maybe when we did it on Wednesdays back in the day and Fridays too, But it's good. It is feel fresh, it's good weather at the moment. It's a Friday as well, and it's nice. Yeah, it's a good way to end the week.
Speaker 1: It is now. Obviously, I don't want to talk too much about footy because it's been a disaster for the AFL obviously with the cyclone. We hope everyone's safe up in Queensland.
Speaker 3: It's ruined the vibe I think of opening around a little bit. It's not as exciting, like I should be way more pumped for the first game of the AFL season than I am.
Speaker 1: But you know. I'm still happy, especially because we've seen, you know, the rivals the other code the Rugby League go to Las Vegas for their opening smash and smash it, so yeah, good on them. Unfortunate for the AFL, but yeah, like I said, I hope everyone is doing well. In Queensland. We're recording Friday morning. It's nine o five am. It feels like a breakfast radio show, but breakfast radio is like five six as they get up way too early. Bro drive to work type.
Speaker 3: Those morning hosts on the TV too, getting number three come on, yuck.
Speaker 1: But yeah, opening a round tonight should be good. Yeah, big game Sydney Hawks. I hope it's just not a blowout and it's nice and close and it's a fun time. I think Sydney's raining to today so oh true? Yeah weather footy Yeah anyway, Yes, our weeks. How's the week been? Deal? It's been pretty good.
Speaker 3: Obviously, we release a protty c EP, so go check that out if you haven't great episode, high quality.
Speaker 1: You don't know who protty See is. We've talked about him a fair bit on the show, but if you're new, yeah, he is a producer at the Fellows Studios. The fellow studios is caw Freezy and The Burnt Chip in the UK. They're one of the biggest podcast studios in the world. And yeah, very impressive setup they have there and Protty is a valued team member there. He hopped on. Finally got the episode out. It's been about six months probably over now, but it's out and it is in the hands of you guys, so enjoy it.
Speaker 3: But no, it's been a good, good busy week. On Saturday, me and Kylie stated at a hotel in the city for fun. Intercontinental.
Speaker 1: Oh yes it was. It was quite nice, actually good location and we had fun first time there, first time staying there. Yeah, so that was price range wise, like I think the room was about three fifty Okay, so.
Speaker 3: It's a bit more expensive than a norm your mid toime Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But not the not your Ritz Carlton levels. And what was your I like the review?
Speaker 3: Out of ten those, I'll say the the Intercontinental, I'll give it a eight.
Speaker 1: Three. Service was really good. Location was nice.
Speaker 3: You know, it didn't have a pool or anything, so you could take a point away for facilities. But staff was good. You know, they give you a wine on entry, which is nice. So yeah, happy with that. I expect that after three exactly bucks. And then obviously we played a bit of paddle. We played Sunday the lads. We played on Wednesday with Rog, Carlien Grace, So you know, I'm happy to be getting more involved with the sport.
Speaker 1: Paddles of my life. Yeah, paddle is life. But yeah, it's been good. How's your week? Yeah? Good, Like you said, lots of paddle. So Sunday with the lads it was good. We had seven, so we're just rotating in and out. It was fun. Like we've said to you guys before, our friendship groups kind of a bit different to the one that rogs in. So he didn't get the invite and he wasn't very happy. But we played late at night and I didn't think he'd become He would have been fussed, and he was acting like he would have a public holiday public holiday.
Speaker 3: Has been invited to things before with us, like where he still knows them, he's friends with them, just not in the same group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just hasn't come before indeed. And then yeah, like you said, we played with the girls and Rog and that was good fun. The girl's first time and it showed. Yeah, it was very hard to teach them. At the start, it was yeah, yeah, the concept of dropping a ball for both of the girls and just slowly hitting it to someone on the other side was very difficult to comprehend, which was shocking, Yeah, and quite frustrating. But the girl's got the hang of it by the end and it was good fun. Enjoyed our time there. Shout out West Coast Paddle in dow kep. We got to play a bit with the owner as well, which was good. Yeah. Nick, great bloke, Golden Triangle add great bloke though good skills, Yes, definitely talking about skills, mate. So I was in my room sometime last week because obviously we haven't spoken to you guys in a while because of the yeah pretty see yeah, pretty see it. And basically I was in my room and then I went to go and have a shower. So I'm having a shower in the morning and Grace calls me and she was over at my house and it's only like, I don't know, ten second walk to the bathroom. I'm thinking, why are you ringing me If it's a ten second walk, pick up the phone. I'm just got out of the shower and Grace goes, there's a snake in your room. I'm like, come on, come on, it's a worm, mate, it's a worm. Walk into the room. I've got like a washing basket in my room. I pulled that out, and God forbid, there is a snake in my room. Jump a bit, yeah, a little bit. I guess you were expecting it, yeah, you know. And then I got Dad involved because he's a snake handler around the house, and he got a like a pool cleaning what do you call it, catch up? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, a nets and then he did the job of getting it out of the room. But it was a baby snake, baby du guy, still venomous. Does this happened often? No? No, No, first time a snake has ever been in this house that we've known of. So I've lived here ever since I was a baby, I said a few episodes back, even in the Protea episode, I think I said, I've seen about seven snakes around the house in my entire time. Added to the list, and that one was the scariest because it was in the room a bit too close to home. So we looked around to try and find how did it get in? Now, obviously it's small. There's little nooks and crannies and crevices and stuff that it can get through, and we're looking at plugging those up so it doesn't happen again. But Dad disposed of it, no killing of it, but took it away. And yeah, I just want to talk about this as well. It's quite sad, but i'll I'll just brush over it. Grace and I we went for a little late night spudshed run a couple of nights ago. And which one did you go to? Ten minutes drive anyway, we go down there and then as we come back, I see a kangaroo on the road. Now, this happens a lot, right, it does you and I've seen a few. We've seen kangaroos pass away. Very sad, but it happens. It's just a way of life around here, and it's nature. It happens. It does. It's unfortunate kangaroos. I've said this before. As much as I love them, they are dumb animals. And they do jump in front of cars quite often. It's they always they almost find it like a game.
Speaker 3: Yep, right, yep, and they usually lose against the car unfortunately, but they do put in an effort.
Speaker 1: They fuck some cars up. So firstly, when we were leaving, so you just no down on the end of the road on that corner, there's quite a lot sometimes, And as we were leaving, I saw one on the side of the road, quite small, and it was alive, and I was thinking, I'll just keep that in mind because it might jump out in front when I come back. Right, we come back only about twenty minutes later, I drive down and I see kangaroo on the road standing over a small garoo that has been struck by a car. Okay, I think that small one that got struck was the one that I looked at as we drove past and said, you know what, that might jump out and then gone. And then it was on the floor. My dad's looking over it. I think it was the mum and it was. It was incredibly sad. Wind down the window and it was still alive, but it was dying. Oh no, And the noise that it was making was horrific. It was crying out for help in kangaroo voice. Screek. I can imagine it. It's screeching and it's passing away so instantly, like there's a wildlife place up the road. It's ten pm though, so they're not there, yep. So Grace and I are trying to go into Steve Irwin action mode to try and keep this thing alive, because although it might seem like there's not much to do, we thought maybe there's something we can do. So we get out of the car. We walked down there, and the mother kangaroo is obviously going to be quite defensive because it's you know, and I googled it and it said like, don't approach them, like don't get too close because the mother will act out. Okay, even the injured kangaroo will act out because it's so scared and frightened. Right, So all of this happened, Grace has called about three or four hot lines and after hours hot lines, and no one's picking up, not one call, not not one answer anyway, So there was a couple of numbers that said twenty four hour Wildlife Rescue Perth or something like that, because I'm thinking, if you're a wildlife person who loves nature, you're on gloves animals, you're on call, and you would want to save the life of a young kangaroo.
Speaker 3: Particularly if you're advertised as an after hours.
Speaker 1: You know where the go to people exact demnte. So we have called these numbers. Grace has done that while I'm looking around for things, and unfortunately no one picked up. So what option are we left with? Leave or put it out out of its misery? Yeah, so I went up there with a brickner. So the poor thing did pass away, yea, And then took a couple of days to remove it. But yeah, it was only I would say, about one year old. Yeah, it's a life cut short man, life cut, very short, very unfortunate. But those noises are ingrained in our brains for the rest of our life, and we think we should have been able to do more. What can you do? Exactly what can you do? It was in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night, in the middle of the night, and the people who you depend on were not answering. And how about the time when I ran up there after we saw the kangaroo basically Dlan and I came back. Yeah, yeah, kangaroo did a corkscrew. It caught its legs on a face, cracked its neck, was dying on the floor. They were having lunch. They were having lunch. I said look, there's a kangaroo that's dying. It's still alive, but it is like struggling. And they said, yeah, we'll just finish lunch and we'll come down in a bit, all right. Came down thirty minutes later. Poor things dead. So cheers lads. So we just think that the twenty four hour service. Yeah, where's the triple zero for the kangaroos. But it was honestly pathetic. You don't promote something that you can't to say we close at ten exactly. You know, we get it in the morning. Anyway, sad whatever it is. Been in some talks to head over to Melbourne on like a little cheeky solo trip. Maybe Grace will come. It depends on timing and stuff like that, but I'm going to go over there because obviously we have some friends over there that also do content. You know, we got Drewsey, We've got Will Taylor, we've got Caden McDonald's's having a lot of fun over there at teams is and he's playing for a footy team called the Wattle Park Animals, right, and it's like a low grade of footy, but they have fun. They all have their mates playing together. Yes, it looks awesome. It created a nice club and a lot of them are content creators. So a lot of people, you know, they've logging game day, They've got all their stats, every game gets recorded. It just looks like a fun thing to be a part of. I wanted to go on a footy trip, as in, go and watch some games over there. And what better time of the year than during footy season, and what better people than ones who are involved in it. So at some point this year, I'll head over there and I'm gonna hopefully have a one off game for the Wattle Park Animal, get a one game contract, one game contract, and I'm hoping to fit in the training session too. Like let's say I go over there on a Thursday morning, You're gonna try and catch a Freo game too or something. Yeah. Maybe, But in that like middle part of the year, there's a gap of Frio games. It's like we have the game that North sold to us over here, which would have been over there. So we've got so many games over here or Queensland games, heaps of them aren't in Melbourne or Victoria. So that is what it is.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm not desperate to go and watch Frio over there to watch a game or just like a monster game. I'm talking like an eighty ninety thousand at the g because I've never experienced that during the middle of the year. But I also I'm gonna I've asked Checkers, who's the coach, the captain coach of the Waterle Park animals, firstly for the all clear to come over. Ticked it off beautiful and then I'm just waiting on the fixtures. They said it will be two or three weeks until they have all the fixtures and I can plan it around that.
Speaker 3: Got some big games in June. You've got a cult nessendon Sunday at night.
Speaker 1: You've got to Also, I don't want to play footy if it's cold and rainy though, yeah, fair so I'm trying to think weather wise. I'm gonna do my best, but you can't tell. In Melbourne. You never know, mate, you never know. It might be nice and clear morning and an awful afternoon. But yeah, I'm looking forward to, you know, hopefully playing a game and they can put me wherever they want. If I had a preference, where do you think I would pick to play? Considering my current physical condition? As in not I feel like you would all things.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, you know in the midfield somewhere potentially no injury fitness was there.
Speaker 1: Because I've made my mind up. I'm not going to be forward pockets, try and guess ford pocket, snag a few half back flank, half back flag. Yeah. So I had a free rain exactly, and that's I look, I want to be bruised free yeah yeah, yeah, So I'm thinking like one of those half back flank because like a distributor like or something. Yeah, and so like you can find me. I'm just going to float into gaps. Yeah, and then I'll hit people. My My fitness condition isn't high, but I know a lot of the boys in the team it's not yep. So I think I'll fit in my distribution, whether it's handball or kick. I back myself a lot, yep, never really played forward. I do think I could do it for sure. I think I could kick a few. But you want more of the ball. I want to have, you know, twenty touches or something, old pocket, you're getting ten. Yeah, I just want like hands on the footy and just please don't get injured. Everyone will be praying for that by everyone, I just mean my immediate family, Grace and myself and maybe some of you boys. But I just don't want to get injured because you know, I lasted two games the last time to make my comeback. So just a bit a bit more bruice free footy. Yeah, yeah, Bruce free footy. I like it, and it will be recorded that game. So do their games look rough usually or is it some reliance? But I would say more relaxed, just because of the physical condition of players and the division it's in. Yep, but there are some good players who drop down to play that. Okay, so you never know. But that's something I'm looking to plan a little Melbourne trip and it will probably just be like a five six days yeah, yeah, get a few games in. Yeah, just like go over there. Like my plan is go over there on like a Wednesday Thursday train with the lads, get to know them. Yeah, have a couple of fee in chemistry. Maybe go to like a Friday night game and a Saturday night game, play the game on I believe it's a Saturday morning. Yeah, and then I'll come back on Monday of the weekend. Yeah, just enjoy it. So that would be good fun. Also an update on skydiving. I have confirmed the person I'm doing it with, and there may be one other as well. Yeah, the other one is one of my old work mates. Yep. So Jacob had like a I'm leaving work party, Like I'm leaving the work party. I want to see everyone, get everyone together, past and current, right, So we went to the Camfield on Saturday night and great time. You know, I got to see everyone, enjoy my time, see all the people that I haven't seen in quite some time. So it was very enjoyable. And I brought that up with him the sky diving and yeah, he seems pretty keen, and he's keen, so we'll try and get him involved as well, because then i'll have General, my boy. It's going to be his twenty first birthday, hopefully thing to do on the birthday. Yeah, he just needs to get it ticked off by work and if he gets the day off, it'll be me General and Jacob. Nice has Jacob done him before? Jay never, but it's something that he would like to do. That would be good. A little group of three because I think the max is four, so if you get three, it's rare. Someone else is going to join.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like a oh yeah, because then they have to be solo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just don't really want to do that. That's the whole point as to why I wanted to get other people to do it, is I don't want to go and do it purely by myself. Yeah, yep, that's to do it, hopefully with our boy Genro, who's actually sent heaps into the show. Yeah, he's been a long time listener his twenty first birthday and for my long awaited eight eighteen I think it was eighteen. It's like a seven year old present year eight bro. But at least are still valid that will be getting books within the week, So fingers crossed. I'll have an update for you next episode.
Speaker 3: But yeah, now, this was sent in, okay by a fan. All Right, we asked for, you know, some conspiracy theories, some stories, something interesting to talk about.
Speaker 1: It just sent in on Instagram on Instagram, but deep in.
Speaker 3: Our requests and he says, look up the Natalia Grace situation, right, one of the weirdest and most controversial adoption cases ever. Apparently there's a Netflix about it as well. Now, Natalia Grace Barnett is a Ukrainian born girl who was adopted by an Indiana couple, Michael and Christine Barnett in twenty ten. They thought they were adopting a six year old girl with a rare form of Dwarfism called spondiphileesal dysplasia all right, which affects bone growth and makes her appear much younger than she is. A few years into the adoption, the Barnets started claiming that Natalia wasn't actually a child, but an adult pretending to be one. They accused her of being a sociopath who threatened to kill them, tried to poison Christine, and even stood over them at night with a knife. According to them, doctors and dental tests indicate that Natalie was actually a grown woman in her lateeens or early twenties. In twenty twelve, the Barnets went to court and successfully had her legal birth year change from two thousand and three to nineteen eighty nine, making her legally an adult. Then, in twenty thirteen, they moved to Canada and left Natalia behind in an apartment in Indiana.
Speaker 1: With no support. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: They were later charged with neglect, but were eventually acquitted In twenty twenty three Natalia side of the story. Natalia has denied everything the Barnet said. She insists she was a child when she was adopted and that she never tried to harm them. Other families who later took her in have backed her up, saying she acts like a normal person with no violent tens diencies. This is still up for debate. Some medical reports suggested she was a child when she was adopted, while others indicated she could be much older, But because the Barnets legally changed her age, she was left in a bizarre legal limbo. She was essentially treated as an adult, regardless of what her real age might be.
Speaker 1: I don't know who to trust. I don't know who to trust. Brow that's just weird. If she's a kid, can you trust a kid? Can you trust? Look, there's a lot of mental health issues and disorders and whatnot, and this girl may have had some. Like if it is true that she was standing over the bed with a knife and whatnot, that's not a normal thing.
Speaker 3: She has dwarf ism, So you're really not going to know. Six twelve eighteen.
Speaker 1: And no birth certificates to match.
Speaker 3: She has to play six year old, well, surely you would tell, like, as an adult, you'd be like, they're not six, Yeah, unless she's just imagine how tiring would be to play a six year old twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, it's a lot of work, bro, You're playing a six year old than a sixty year old, probably because at least you've been six before. Yeah, you know what it's like. That's and then they just left her in the apartment. They said, we're off, so ya, But is she still alive and stuff? Yeah, I believe she's still alive. Have you seen a photo or you've just seen the story? Just seen the story.
Speaker 3: I did type it in on Google, but I didn't really look at her.
Speaker 1: Okay, here she is. That's her. Now, that's an adult. Now you can tell now looking at a this is when she was young. Then update.
Speaker 3: Through an August twenty twenty three DNA test, the health testing company True Diagnostic estimated that Grace was about twenty two years old, suggesting that Natalia was eight years old when her adoptive parents abandoned her in her first apartment in twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, so there we go. That's more I like science, and that's more more scientific than anything else we just heard. So yeah, yeah, this is weird, bro. So I'm taking her side now. Damn. So they just left it at eight, even if even you know, say you give her a few years, say you give her three extra years, just give or even if she was twelve, just in the apartment, bro, in the ap home alone, man. And they didn't move state, Bro, they moved country off to Canada. Yeah. Now I think the parents are messed up. But I want to look more into this story because it's very, very interesting. Wow, there you.
Speaker 3: Go, wore Gray shout out. I hope she's doing well, man, I hope so too. Sounds like she is now gre an adult.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, let's get into a Spanish lesson. Obviously, it's been a little while since we've done a proper We got a lot to get through. We'll start off with Matty D. But let's rock into the intro classes. Espaniel. All right, here we go, your boys.
Speaker 4: The little pop quiz thing you did was pretty good. I was pretty happy, pretty impressed with his You did get one of them right. You said it was wrong the contract marre Jamo said it and you're like, no, no, that's not right. But you were right, but yeah, you heard the booth day is what you guys know, and just just use that instead.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you boys do this in Perth, but in Melbourne we do it. It's not a big thing, but thisone does something good. You say like, oh, good boy, like you like mocking them in a way, good boy, like you're beating little puppy. So you say, like when Nino, will you want say good girl? When chic? Whena ninya, you can say cheek as well, and chick.
Speaker 1: Call footboy because that's what we know. We know, and yeah and nyah when you at all time.
Speaker 4: Well, if you boys are playing darts and then someone does a good shot, it could be like when Nino, like good boy. Well, if you boys hit a good shot and no one's really looking, you could be like mina. So that means like look look.
Speaker 3: Mirror, look mirror, mirror, m I R I R you mirror mirror, I like that mirror mirror.
Speaker 4: Or if you hit a good shot and everyone's looking like, oh that was great, great, you just say Nona means it's this snow big deal.
Speaker 2: Noa, so bang you just hit ada? No mirror mirror, no person. I like that mirror no person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's some good lessons mirror no persada. All right, now we're moving into so he's written them down here. So we had good boy or good girl, formal when or Nino, nice when Nina Ninya, and then informal when Nino when Nino when Nina. I like the informal Ninya Ninya when Nino. Yeah, I believe one of the yes.
Speaker 5: Today Today we're going to revise Spanish because we need to. We need to revise.
Speaker 4: Espanyo.
Speaker 3: I reckon that means revision you know where I know Dala from Pitbull d Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've sent you a message and I want you to like match the English to the Spanish. And so whether you do the like to the podcast or just before or whatever, up to you. And then I want you to have a conversation with those ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is we're just going to do this here. We'll make it quick. But she's gone A through to I and one through to nine and we have to match them up. So A we have see you next week, so we need to just try and find it here you next week. Let's do the ones we know first, so let's go to the beach. L how do you say? That?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: I should choose the dollars questa and do lades obviously dollars. Yeah, okay, where is the bathroom?
Speaker 1: That one is don esther elo. Where's the bathroom? Ye, Sierra, I would like a coffee. I would like a coffee please. That's a good one. Thanks two. So that's I'm good? Things is? What's up? Brop comments? How are you?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: See? So what's see you next week's vamos no vemos lo la proxy? It has to be right, so I don't remember that one. See you next week, proxym. I like it though, that can't be any of the other ones kind of So that's that. Okay, cool, we know that to be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, if there's still time, I'm going to say a number, and you both have to put in your guests as to which number it is, so you can pause between each number.
Speaker 1: First one, press three, single, single, five, ten or nine? Yes? One? Yes? Well it feels tenny right, yeah, hang on, let's just do it. Nine no treath quatroko faith yep? Ten? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 1: Oh no one? Seven? Six or seven? Oh not? Does thread quatro thinko faith, I want to say yeah, seven s six nine, So yeah, that's easy that our instincts were better than the second guest, like, don't second guess.
Speaker 5: Also really quickly from last week, pronunciation do you always sound like a saying that word? It sounds like a unless it's sex to a Q or a C. Sometimes like kantos guando kissierra, they're a little bit different, but usually it's a sound. The jay sounds like a.
Speaker 1: Lots of throat, like your coffin something. It doesn't have to be that strong.
Speaker 5: And that phrase would be I don't know where is the best bar? Yeah, adios chicos vemos.
Speaker 1: And that was see next week boys.
Speaker 5: Apologies, I completely forgot to send you anything.
Speaker 1: I started. That's okay, she is misunderstood here. This is from Friday. That's a great lesson. Last week, great one voice sage back la chica. I'm not doing the rest in Spanish. We have just been all spanished out. Thank you for the lesson. We just said thank you to Madi d as well. You didn't miss anything because obviously we used Prottie season episode last week, so yeah, we just did the revision from you and we need another lesson for next week. So if you can get that in by Thursday night or Thursday day, that would be elite. Go with whatever route you want to go. But yeah, we smashed it today, so thank you and see you next time. What was the one that she just said it's up but I forgot it was nomos? Send that off. That's a good one, off we trot. That's a real one, all right. This was sent in actually from Connor Corna.
Speaker 3: Now he wants to know who we think is the biggest Australian celebrity who wouldn't be known overseas so could walk around Europe and America and not be bothered, but in Australia they're quite popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're trying to think of the most famous Australian. Yeah, the most famous you can get or that that would hardly be recognized. So instantly I'm trying to think people who are ingrained in Australian culture, and I go to Chris Lily. So obviously people in England and the US would know him well, but not very well.
Speaker 3: I think, hey, Michionandy back in the day as well, when they were popular.
Speaker 1: I agree, Hey, mission Andy did do a lot of the UK stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Similarly, it's hard because the cultures crossover because a lot of.
Speaker 3: Them don't break to in America though maybe that's a choice. Yeah, you've got like obviously all the footy players aren't.
Speaker 1: Really that well known in England and America. Who would be the most I think the most followed, he's the most famous. I mean he would be the most.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go current, so it has to be playing, yeah, because I was going to say, you know, you've got Buddy Franklin, but current, I mean, I guess you've got Decos or Bond, maybe two big stars like I would say, or Crips, but I think, yeah, probably one of.
Speaker 1: Those three of the big big players. Most singers get well known singers worldwide actors again breaking social media stash, YouTubers, they're like worldwide. Two Hami Snandi were the first ones that came into my head. I mean, you've got the peak of their powers. I think they could have gone like like they did yeah in South America, Europe and whatnot without being noticed too much.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've got you know, we've got our TV show hosts, like you've got Karl Stefanovic. Yeah, popular here you've got like the rape maybe like Carl Sandalands or something very popular here, but I feel like he wouldn't be well known anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Who was the first one we said, the very first? Oh, Chris Lily. Yeah, okay, so I'll lock that one in because I think most Australians would know him, but I think he can go by without people noticing him abroad. Trying to think if there's someone more famous that can fit the criteria. I have no doubt that both Chris Lily and Hamishnandy get noticed abroad one hundred percent. But we're just saying in general, think about general because other people would get noticed very yeah, you know, because singers get noticed. Man trying to split the popularity. So for example he's ninety Like, let's just use Chris Lily for example, ninety percent of people that know him own Australia. Yeah, then it's like a ten percent. Whereas if you looked at I don't know who Australian singer like Dom Dollar or something, right, yeah, Dom Dollar would probably be like fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's more well, he's more known in a certain age group as well.
Speaker 1: Then, whereas Chrystally is a bit more. See, these are all just stars that everyone knows. Yeah, that's the thing. Like if we go the opposite, it's like a Chris Hemsworth. People know him abroad for being that Australian actor. Yep, that's an interesting one. Popular celebrity in Australia. Number one. Alex de Minuur. That is crazy, Like it's just obviously it's just a random but for him to be first, I don't know about that at all. Yeah, because if you ask, like our girlfriends who that is, they probably wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: I don't yeah, no, not that he's he's obviously his world number eight or something. Yeah, but I'm just you know, compared to your Hugh Jackman or something like Robbie.
Speaker 1: If you asked the sporting world who he was, they would probably say, yeah, he's the Australian tennis player. Yeah. Yeah. But to be honest, Kirrios would be more of a worldwide house old. I think by ten you know, times ten bro for Alex. He but Alex much better career than Nick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, way more consistent, high, higher world ranking. Although the struggles to break through to the Semis and the you know Nick at least made a final. It seems demon struggles to take that next step. You know, I've said he's like he's a non threat world number eight. I think to the top top.
Speaker 1: Four, the top four, he just struggles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they would. I think when they come up against him, they'd think, yeah, I'm going to run through him.
Speaker 1: You know, but he is the best we have to offer it. I hope you can take that next step. I want nothing more. I agree, but you know I was open.
Speaker 3: You know, he got dismantled in his set, which was honestly, that was a low energy night. Yeah, I mean he probably made five hundred grand offers. I don't feel too bad for him, but you know, there is that hope to see Aussie win the Australian Open on the men's side because it's been so long, but one, I don't know if it will happen man, not for a while now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need that next gen to come through, and you just need.
Speaker 3: Some Sinner and Alcatraz Alcaraz.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be hard. Those two are going to dominate for a very long time. There's probably like four, maybe like four or five guys coming through that can really really take it to the next level. But Cinner and Alcoraz seem to be on another planet and they seem to take it to the next level at the Slams too. Yeah, and in final risk tennis bro sometimes they play their best tennis in the final yeah, which is what are you going to do? They just keep it up their sleep novaks still hanging around. There's Leavington. A couple of big weekends for us lined up. We are going out this weekend for a mate's birthday, fun big group, and then next weekend it is Round one, the real Round one energy there and all the lads are getting together for a night at evs and then off on the like a pub crawl. I'm very excited. Picture looks great.
Speaker 3: You know we've got Richmond Carlton Hawthorne, Essendon on the Friday night Saturday. You've always played early along free He was saying he won't come if we lose in a bad mood Dogs North. Oh, then I get the primetime slot against Saints nine thirty five am on a Sunday. Oh yeah, that's a fucking blockbuster. Set the alarm to wake up that early on a Sunday I would wake up at halftime, Bro and just pray we're up. If we lose the first game of the season, the season's done.
Speaker 1: The little rivalry between you and Mama, Nah, not.
Speaker 3: Really, Actually, I wouldn't say there's rivalry between the three teams in the house.
Speaker 1: Maybe like Dad and Mum go back and forth a little bit. Dad would just be like he'll drop her, like geez, your shit club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean, but it is entertaining watch. Dad's a pretty base footy fan. I feel like the old boys are because they've seen so much, Like, you know, don't get too high or low.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Mum's very you know, she's all in bro, Like she's so passionate. She really rides the ups and downs of Saint Kilda and they just Jack still still the favorite player, or she likes Jack Steele. She's not as big on Max King. She thinks he makes the forward line worse. She wasn't happy with obviously the memory loss YEP, because she thinks, and she is right, when Max King's there, they just target him.
Speaker 1: He's not a dynamic forward line. Deslie have like a favorite youth player, like a player coming through. She does like Philippoo. She likes obviously Wangannen Miller.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he's a He's a great player for him and should take it to the next level. So yeah, there's a few she likes, and you know, mum's been a member for a long time, so she love it. She likes Mitch Owens too, good.
Speaker 1: Player again, another injured player. I know they've got a few.
Speaker 3: At the moment they're going into the season battered, decimating, but now I'm looking forward to tonight. Her thoughts on Ross lyon, Yeah, she's not as she doesn't think he can take him boring footy, you know what I mean. She doesn't think he's a good coach. She wasn't the biggest fan when he got rehired, but you got to have faith, don't you. So she's not the biggest Ross fan and I don't neither am I Like you know, at the end of the day, at his peak, he just couldn't get.
Speaker 1: The job done. He got to three Grand finals.
Speaker 3: He can't get the job and so he's a great building coach, but he's not a winner, bro, that's the problem. Unfortunately as a coach. I don't know if he's won one as a player. Yeah, you're big on that, you want that, I'm massive on that run. I just think it just it's just success, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It'd be interesting to see the percentage of how many AFL coaches have won a flag and they're playing. I feel like it's a lot. I think it would be like seventy percent. Sure, I think it'd be that seventy seventy five. Obviously, Fagan was an anomaly last year having not played any AFL.
Speaker 3: I think if you go, yeah, that's so rare. Well, he was only coach. He's only coached to not have played like current coach.
Speaker 1: He played in TAZ league.
Speaker 3: Because I'm trying to think before who won it the year before before it was Collingwood, mccraige has won.
Speaker 1: It's funny how this has become a sport podcast. I know that's it's okay. Yeah, we try and stay away from it for you guys who don't care, but we just get drawn back in.
Speaker 3: Then you've got look the cats. You know, obviously Scott one one, Melbourne Goodwin won one. Then has I'm trying to think Beverage he probably didn't win one.
Speaker 1: As I don't know why I feel that way. I don't think he I don't think he was a star.
Speaker 3: And then obviously the Richmond coach. He won one as a player, hard Wick, No, you're so as a player, So there you go. Bevo is one of the ones that hasn't won one, but a lot of the others have. When you look back, I reckon, I feel like McCray he played for Brisbane, he won like he won like three bro I didn't realize and he was in.
Speaker 1: All those teams. Yeah, success, success, Craig, oh, double check. But I'm pretty sure hoping JL can be an anomaly at FRIO. But Craig McCrae, three time Premiership player, star whatever. Yeah, that's where we leave it for today. Guys. I hope you enjoy your week much love.
Speaker 3: Check out the party sea yet, enjoy this set. Check out Who's Punching?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, why not? There's been some good ones the last few weeks. Yeah yeah, really out on the YouTube full episodes there. But yeah, we're about to quickly recorder Who's Punching before deal goes off to work, So have a good one.