Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan show. That is Charlie XCX. Let's talk a bit more about her now, Chrissy's clique.
Speaker 2: We're excited when Charlie XCX was announced as a host of Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't watched it yet. That's what I'm looking forward to doing tonight.
Speaker 1: Are you We're gonna eat eat something.
Speaker 3: I am making a vegetable beef stir fry with the rice cooker you gave me because I've not used it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna it's gonna change your life. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna sit there and then sing to this.
Speaker 2: Which incidentally is one of the songs she performed on Saturday Night Live. She looks great, She's naughty.
Speaker 1: She surprises me. Every time I see her perform, I think, is she very bad or his? That just the vibe.
Speaker 4: That's the vibe in the aesthetic.
Speaker 3: I understand why you might think that, and because the auto tune she does go heavy on, but it's just the vibe.
Speaker 4: I think you either get it or you don't, and I don't. I think it's fine to not get it.
Speaker 1: I think maybe I don't get it. I get it on the radio. I get it on the CD. Yeah, I get it off on the album CD.
Speaker 4: Thanks Mom.
Speaker 2: It's a number two in my CD stacker in the back of my day, Heads and Charade, No, no, I get that. But just to see her perform live, it looks like she doesn't know what she's doing.
Speaker 3: But no, that's the vibe because it's like she's a party girl. She's got her shades on. It's as if it's two AM and she's in the club. Like I've never related to something more.
Speaker 2: That is literally two times in the last seven days that I've been very old and I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: No, you're very young. We're keeping you young.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. What was the other little bit of audio? We've got a Charlie x yere opening monologue.
Speaker 5: Yes, I wants to take a moment to thank someone who's been there for me.
Speaker 1: My entire career.
Speaker 4: Auto tune.
Speaker 5: Auto tune makes everything sound better, even really bad news like this. Watch I love I'm breaking up when you give the journel hook up.
Speaker 2: With your dad, she's so funny. I love I love it now, Brett. The album came out for some reason, nobody could understand what it meant, I knew exactly what it meant.
Speaker 4: Did you absolutely wasn't confusing at all.
Speaker 2: But she she's been asked so many times she clears it up.
Speaker 1: So many people have asked me what is bratt?
Speaker 4: And honestly, it's just like an attitude.
Speaker 5: It's a vibe. For example, the new Martha Stewart documentary, when Martha gets mad about an old magazine article and she says that she's glad the journalist who wrote it is dead, that is brat. And then last Friday when that exact journalist responded and said, hey, I'm alive.
Speaker 1: That is extremely bad. We have to watch that Martha Stuart documentary.
Speaker 4: Okay, tonight, can you clear your schedule tonight?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you another quote I've heard from it? I know that we're late.
Speaker 2: What Martha asked someone to do a favor for her and he said, yes, I'll do it, but you've got to be kind to me. And she said, don't worry, I'll do it myself. The Christy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, first.
Speaker 1: Chrissy's Clicka.
Speaker 2: You might remember a few weeks ago an actress called Sirsha Ronan was on the Graham Norton Show with other actors. They're not talking Gladiator, which we've been giving away tickets to. Yes, correct, and they were making a little sort of you know, fun blokey thing about using your phone as a weapon, and everyone was yaki yaki, la la la. Anyway, Sirsha waited until everyone went quiet and absolutely dropped a bombshell.
Speaker 6: Who's actually going to think about that? Though someone attacked me, I'm not going to go phone. That's a very good point.
Speaker 2: Like girls have to think about all the time, am I right?
Speaker 1: Ladies know only what to do.
Speaker 2: I love hearing awkward things like that, Like it's love hate though, like you, I feel cringing, but it's so good.
Speaker 4: I'm cringing for Paul and I'm hurting for him, but then I kind of love the moment. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he has come out and commented on that specific exchange, and he says.
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised that the message received as much attention that it got because it's a massively important and I'm sure you've had search on the show. Like she's more often than not the most intelligent person in the room, and I think she just made she was spot on the hit the nail on the head. And it's also good that messages like that are gaining traction, Like that's a conversation that we should absolutely be having on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Have you seen that film with him in it that I recommended?
Speaker 4: I haven't. I need to watch it.
Speaker 1: It's one of those films I can never remember the name. It goes in my what is it?
Speaker 4: Tom tell us all of.
Speaker 2: Us strangers, all of us strangers, all of us strangers, And it's got the hot priest from Flea bagging it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that and the Martha Stewart doco. I really need to watch. But can I just say that was perfectly handled. What a perfect response.
Speaker 4: Perfect I love that dude. He's really good.
Speaker 1: He's a good man. We have that. We've had a bit of a sab Cat flavor in the Today's show. Have you notice we have?
Speaker 2: And it continues because she has had a very special guest join her on stage for a surprise performance.
Speaker 1: Have a listen.
Speaker 2: It is, in fact, the great and tiny Christina and Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Small ladies, big voices.
Speaker 3: Because growing up, Sabrina Carpenter loved Christina, who didn't.
Speaker 4: How cool for her? To have this moment.
Speaker 1: You said that you saw.
Speaker 2: A little tweet stip it of footage. Yeah, yeah, where Sabrina Carpenter was talking about Christina Aguilera like twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I think it was like twenty ten.
Speaker 3: And she's like, I've just uploaded a cover to YouTube of me singing one of christina songs.
Speaker 4: Go and check it out.
Speaker 2: These two are a great double act because Sabrina appeared on Christina Aguilera's Spotify unwrapped thing or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was like equivalent of MTV unplugged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now they're back together again.
Speaker 1: I want to see a single.
Speaker 4: Between those two. Yes, all, that would be cool.
Speaker 1: That would be really cool.
Speaker 2: And then bring Dolly Parton in as well, for like just three generations of tiny blonde women.
Speaker 4: That's too many voices for me.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it to Regulate and Joel are up next.
Speaker 4: Have a beautiful Monday night. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Cheek out.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 2: For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com. Do you