Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Melbourn.
Speaker 2: Jason Lawren starting morning the right away can be great day.
Speaker 1: This is Jason Lauren's ogel.
Speaker 3: One hundred Well again, morning everybody, and welcome to hundred thousand dollars Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Morning Clink, Good morning morning Lossy.
Speaker 3: She looks different, Clint.
Speaker 1: She's got a glow about her.
Speaker 3: She does indeed like an angel. Did I say half her body weight? Lossie is joining us from Fiji. Bullabuller over the filming Boy Island and where there was dramas last night, wasn't it? I bet there was an action in if Boy Island last night with what was going on?
Speaker 4: Look firstly stopped saying I'm filming f Boy Island. I'm definitely not on their Boy Island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hoping the Daily Mail will pick up on it at some point.
Speaker 1: That's why you keep saying it the bombshell.
Speaker 4: I love getting effects wrong.
Speaker 3: So what happened? Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't very well. I've had sort of a twenty four hour illness which has not been fun at all, But the doctors here were excellent. They got me on a drip. It's always good pump some I don't know what into me, but I feel a bit but no, no, no carver stuff will do you.
Speaker 1: Under though what both orifices involved?
Speaker 4: How rude?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, dare you try to gauge the level of build this?
Speaker 4: I was very sick.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe three.
Speaker 3: What's the medical situation like in Fiji?
Speaker 4: Like, well, there's actually like a great kind of hospital emergency center here, because I think a lot of them are in big resorts. And so I called as if I could go pop down to the medical center. I was going to try and walk down and they said, oh no, it's closed, so we'll send someone to you, which will cost about nineteen times the price if I had have just walked one hundred meters out of the hotel room. The other they were lovely, that's very good.
Speaker 3: The ambulance has run on Fiji time, you know Fiji time. It's like whenever you're in Fiji, it's okay. So the you know, the tour leaves at nine am and you'd be sitting there at ten o'clock going, are we going? They're like Fiji.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I didn't require an ambulance. I wasn't. I don't think i'd be calling an ambulance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, it'd be a good video, though, I'd be a great video. But you're looking better. You're feeling a bit better, are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I feel okay, I've been eaten for twenty four hours, so a little bit flat. Waste of a hotel buffet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, waste of a hotel buffet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you did it by choice.
Speaker 3: Your poor thing. There's nothing work.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'll be right, okay, there.
Speaker 3: Was nothing worse away from then?
Speaker 1: Can I make you feel well? You already feel pretty shit. But I got up this morning and my sister's living with me.
Speaker 3: Jason, Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she got up to have a Wii and I was like, good morning, and she was so thrown. She goes, how on earth do you do this?
Speaker 3: Because she's like, in a twenty put you are up for work?
Speaker 1: Might I think I'm finally a morning person. It's taken three years, but I'm finally here.
Speaker 3: Oh, bad day to say.
Speaker 4: You work seven seven mornings a week, so I hope you're turning into some kind of morning person.
Speaker 3: It used to be a morning person. It would just get home in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, needs to late night early morning person.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, it's a hundred thousand dollars Tuesday, because we are celebrating our hundredth show here at Nova. Coming up this morning, Jessica from Mountain Deneed is going to be joining us at seven o'clock. She has a giant red button in front of us. She has to hit that when she thinks it is the one hundred thousand dollars minute in the show. So at any point between seven and nine this morning, we have classed as one minute. No one knows what that one minute is. It is sealed in an envelope. She has to try and guess what the one hundred thousand dollar minute is. If she does that, the money.
Speaker 4: So you don't know the time either, Jason. No one in our team knows the time.
Speaker 3: No, someone we can't.
Speaker 4: We can't. We can't swing it anyway. No one can't convince her. No we can't play. Who would you trust more?
Speaker 3: No, exactly, I wouldn't trust any of us. So she is in to play this morning after seven, and tomorrow we're going to give someone else a chance. So if you're listening this morning, tomorrow will give you a chance to play for one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a massive show this morning. How do we see our dramas at dream World overnight? The tigers have turned?
Speaker 1: Have they that?
Speaker 4: The baby tigers or the adult tigers?
Speaker 3: It was an adult tiger had a crack at one of the handlers. I mean.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised. It doesn't happen often, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a risky job, isn't it. I mean you sign a waiver.
Speaker 3: Surely you know what sounds bad when I.
Speaker 4: Don't think you're just in rolling around with the tigers, are you do?
Speaker 3: Though? Yeah? Haven't you seen Tigerland World? Yes? Because you sit there watching, going I want something to I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think dream World's like Tiger King.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Both the babies?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you sit there out there with the big cats.
Speaker 1: You ever seen those videos because a lot of them are hand raised by humans and then they do their reunions like many years and they leap for them. You're like, oh no, it's just hard to link.
Speaker 4: And yeah, those videos are amazing.
Speaker 3: Queen Holey watchers marines coming home or tigers love a marine coming home?
Speaker 1: It makes me cry.
Speaker 4: Or animal reunions.
Speaker 3: Let's put a marine with the tiger. We're gonna chat about the tiger attack a little bit later on, but coming up there. I think I'm banned from my kids basketball. I'll tell you why next on over So Monday nights, one of my boys played basketball.
Speaker 4: Tell you what oh for the vampires?
Speaker 3: No different, Snakes, Vipers different. It's not me. It's not Mountain Men, totally different.
Speaker 4: Which team was it?
Speaker 3: I forgot?
Speaker 1: He's in two different Has he been playing in this team a couple of years?
Speaker 3: He's in two different leagues? All right, so it's hard to keep up.
Speaker 1: It must mean he's good.
Speaker 3: I think it might be the Burgers.
Speaker 4: You can't have a basketball team called the Burgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Burgers Burgers. We're the Burgers. Yeah, and they're great, Like I know, all the parents, really good team, we really get along. We're sitting there last night. I tell you what side note, guys, we need to get into. Like you talk about making money, Let's build a bloody hall and rent it to the Basketball Association in Victoria. Schools are doing it just just to.
Speaker 4: Pay the get into watch your kids play. Yes, yes, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Isn't it they did that swimming pools.
Speaker 4: It's not the Olympics.
Speaker 1: No, do they spectator fee.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm happy to sit in the car. Yeah. Any Actually, I'm sitting there watching the game last night and it was intense. She was an absolute nail bier and I had I had Felix, my ten year old next to me. Howey was playing, and then all of a sudden, the team copped a foul.
Speaker 1: Oh, controversial foul.
Speaker 3: Controversial foul. The referee was doing this sort of this gesture where it was like, so they've blown the whistle and then they're doing like a everybody in No, it was more like an air hug.
Speaker 1: Let's hug it out?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: That's what? Like, everyone was a bit confused what was the foul for? And they were like, you know, doing like you know, they're that's Oh that's the symbol exactly, that's the symbol for the foul. Anyway. One of the parents has come over and she said to my ten year old next to me, because he's a mad basketball fan, Felix, what did we just get found for? And without even thinking, I just saw the hand gesture and I went to reach around.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good knowledge. Reach around?
Speaker 4: What to reach around when it comes to kids basketball?
Speaker 3: Well, one of the parents next to me looked at me with the most horrific face and went, it is not called a reach around? What is called?
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 3: A reach around? Sort of like a naughty.
Speaker 1: Term, like a sexual sexual sexual.
Speaker 4: That's why I was wondering what it was doing children's basketball reach around.
Speaker 1: My problem was not familiar with the reach around.
Speaker 4: A reach around is around? Yeah, it's not in children's basketball.
Speaker 3: Executive producer. Can you explain what the term reach around me.
Speaker 1: And with handjestice to it is if one is simulating oral sex from behind and reaching in front and polishing. I'm sorry. My problem was did you say polishing?
Speaker 4: It's not okay? Yeah, and that's that's not what I thought it was.
Speaker 3: And the worst bit is when once I said, you know, I think it's I think it's a reach around, my ten year old then started screaming to all the players stop doing reach around.
Speaker 1: But by the way, who is okay with the reach around? Because is it just Brodie?
Speaker 3: Well, half the parents last night worked because.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure Brodie's got it right.
Speaker 3: The looks I got what he got it wrong? Do you know the right?
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying someone google it. I don't want to hear his.
Speaker 3: Do a google job. Put him reach around.
Speaker 4: It's all right, all I know? Is it a reach around? Is not something that happens in children's of basketball?
Speaker 3: No, it is definitely not.
Speaker 1: I think we should go to the next segment.
Speaker 3: You are on the air with Jason Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Is Australia's favorite renovation show, The Block Sunday seven pm and Monday to Wednesday seven thirty pm on nine and nine Now. Jason Lawrence Cash, Blocklusters, Bloody.
Speaker 3: I love The Block.
Speaker 1: I watched last night too. There was a bit of controversy because Marty Fox was going around and the first time he'd met the contestants.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so they've been.
Speaker 1: Getting his feedback, Oh yep. And he's been quite harsh to one couple and the meeting was something to behold really. See.
Speaker 4: I like Marty Fox. I think he's a great judge.
Speaker 3: He's a slick operator, isn't it.
Speaker 1: His business is going gangbusters too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not selling any cheap little apartments in No, you're not getting Marty up one better in Frankston. Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Here's the go.
Speaker 3: We have our block wall of boxes playing today is Leanne, Good morning, good morning, We're good. How's how's King Lake West? This morning?
Speaker 5: Be chilly?
Speaker 1: Actually this morning we went almost by king King Lake the other day on the way back.
Speaker 4: From don't even don't even mention the bull road troop and how wrong that went when you were in charge of directions.
Speaker 3: Get no ab goes by on the way home from the snow. Okay, Leanne, how this works is we have all the block boxes in the studio. Numbers are what Clint, one, two, three.
Speaker 1: What is there?
Speaker 4: One to ten?
Speaker 3: One to ten?
Speaker 1: You're counting up right there, Leanne.
Speaker 3: You pick which block you want to Clint to open, and however much is in that box, the money is yours. What one are we going and see it?
Speaker 4: There's no questions, there's no quiz. You just win the money.
Speaker 5: God No, I was listening yesterday and I thought I'd go eight, So we're going eighty.
Speaker 4: All right, he's smashing.
Speaker 3: We'll be doing it today. He's got the hammer. The hammer.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's this for? What do you use this for?
Speaker 3: The hammer?
Speaker 1: To put it? Idiots? Jesus does all.
Speaker 3: Right, go for it? Here we go?
Speaker 1: Oh what carry on?
Speaker 4: He literally never used a hammer before.
Speaker 3: He just held it up. I kid you, not like he was serious.
Speaker 4: What you just for He builds furniture with allen keys.
Speaker 3: To spark it. John's down away will be rolling in his.
Speaker 1: Six hundred dollars. Thanks guys, no worries better than not to.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on being the number one breakfast show.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Thank you. We were more shocked than anyone trusts me, but hey choose to the support leam. We just appreciate everyone listening. Cool, thank you, thanks mate.
Speaker 4: Good only and well done. That's so easy. It's got cash flying out the door in the mornings.
Speaker 3: Can we can we get rid of the hammer tomorrow and get some power tools in the studio?
Speaker 1: Absolutely we can.
Speaker 4: What do you want a chainsall?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get a chain all.
Speaker 3: What can go wrong?
Speaker 1: You know plenty plenty?
Speaker 3: I know tomorrow after six your chance to win five thousand dollars thanks to our mates of the block. And he's just gone five past six. I'm getting excited. Thursday night footy? Yeah, what about that finals time?
Speaker 4: What's the first finals game?
Speaker 3: Who is it? A port?
Speaker 4: I could both get a second round second chance if they lose.
Speaker 1: And it is easy to forget because Lauren, we've had this week off, you know, the finals by which is just a bit I don't know do we need.
Speaker 4: I don't like it either, and I don't think the players love it either because if you win, so say Geelong win this weekend on Thursday, they didn't play last week, then they win, and then they get another week off, and so they've played one game in three weeks going.
Speaker 1: Into cause momentum for players and fans.
Speaker 4: Why do they do that? Standards?
Speaker 1: I think just evens things up a lot.
Speaker 3: You know what, our executive producer, the port Nuffie, is going to be an absolute mess on Friday if they get up.
Speaker 1: I thought he might be eating the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's not.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get tickets.
Speaker 1: I have to be here with you people.
Speaker 4: What a pity. I give you permission to leave if you can get tickets go.
Speaker 3: I think you mean I have a job. I have to be here.
Speaker 1: With the way you say it was all right, fun police, let him go.
Speaker 3: He says it like he's on parole and you should go.
Speaker 4: But I say that most mornings I have to be here with you people.
Speaker 3: Should we send them? Should we send you? Can?
Speaker 1: But he's got to go.
Speaker 4: But he's got he's got to go on a bus to Adelaide. Yes, I'm a bus ticket.
Speaker 1: I love that, a Greyhound Pioneer.
Speaker 4: So look all the port nuffies on Wednesdays.
Speaker 3: Thursday night Porte taken on the cats. Good luck to Geelong. Hey, coming up.
Speaker 1: Next, Clint, I shared an intimate moment with a man on a plane just yesterday.
Speaker 3: What did I tell you? Take it where you get it? We'll go there right after, Sabrina Carpenter. This is please, please please, good morning Melbourne. You are on Nober one hundred.
Speaker 1: Think things have calmed down outside today, thankfully, because it's been a wild, wooly, windy few days here in Melbourne. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a little nervous about flying back from Sydney yesterday?
Speaker 1: Was I? What? Because I'd heard the stories about, you know, the trees down, the power lines down, and a storm which was meant to hit around two thirty three o'clock yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 4: And now, Clint, how bad was it? Because my friend posted this picture of a plane she was also flying, and she wrote, just had the captain come into the cabin pre takeoff to warn us all about the flight ahead. He also proceeded to tell us that our descent into Melbourne would be just as horrific as our flight. We have a few full tank of fuel, which is meant to be good, but we may be held in the air for a long time and we might also miss a couple of approaches.
Speaker 3: Okay, what bit to unpack there. Let's not have a captain use the word horrific when explaining the landing.
Speaker 1: She wrote horrific, she.
Speaker 4: But she said before they took off, the captain came into the cabin and spoke to everyone and was like, look, this is gonna be roughlight guys, but you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: To me, is that what happened to you?
Speaker 3: That's a free pringles job.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't get the trolley.
Speaker 4: That's a no food.
Speaker 1: It is the flight from hell. So look, our captain said a similar scene without the use of the terrific. He said, I don't think the captain said her. He said, we're going to be experiencing a few lumps and bumps. Ah yeah, now that that screams. People are going to be shitting themselves, right flash forward into the earth. So that seat belt sign came on twenty minutes into an hour and ten flight from Sydney to Melbourne, and it just so happens. We're already delayed, but we were landing. There was a massive hailstorm here yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It looked like it was snowy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Corfield copped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we were landing on descent as that hailstorm hit. It was shit. It was horrible in the air. So basically, just to set the scene, Paul O'Brien, Lauren's beautiful fiance, tried to reassure me. Now he's a nervous fire Lauren.
Speaker 3: Isn't he.
Speaker 4: Well, he was, he was in a bad incident, doesn't like flying through storms.
Speaker 3: So I was supportive. I kept message and clink going what photo do you want me to run with for the post saying R O.
Speaker 1: P and how long will the video tribute bed?
Speaker 4: But Paul's also aviation guys. He's got all the apps that tell you when it's going to be bumpy, what the weather's going to be, what is going to be like?
Speaker 1: He has the apps right, so he started screenshot. He can key in a flight number and it can track the turbulence on board your home. So I rode every bump on this little graph and there's a little as that plane is coming into dip there is well that's about landing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, that's not towards.
Speaker 1: It was like a rollcater anyway. So we're strapped in, we're coming into land. You could hear the hail against the cabin and the plane just drops, it goes. I don't know how much it dropped, it dropped a lot.
Speaker 3: Also currently in the news, there's a lot of stories about turbulence.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it seems to be the item at the MODDI is Yeah, it's happening more and more. Yeah, So what do you do in that moment? You grab onto something And I grabbed onto the It was a full flight, and I grabbed onto that arm rest in the middle, which is probably the property of the bloke in the middle it is. Yeah, I got there first, and I grabbed on to that as tight as possible. But at the same time he did, he grabbed on. We shared this moment where hand on hand we reassured each other everything is going to be okay.
Speaker 4: Gets number after it's.
Speaker 1: Like, what photo are you using in your Facebook tribute do.
Speaker 3: You mind if you swap with the very attractive.
Speaker 1: Lady next to you? It was do you know what? There was audible gasps in the cabin it was it.
Speaker 4: Was Yeah, people get frightened very easily on plane.
Speaker 3: It's the age old joke. It's like, you know, if you're on a on a plane with your partner in mass turbuls, then you start revealing all, oh yeah, like you know, I'm sorry I did this, sorry to that, and then they're like, this is the captain smooth Skies are here just joking.
Speaker 1: Oh god, well you're here, safe and sound. I am.
Speaker 3: It's an exciting week here at Nova.
Speaker 2: The clock is ticking. Jason Laurence one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: That's right for the next two weeks, so we are going to be giving caller one hundred to the show a chance to come in and play for one hundred thousand dollars. This was the moment yesterday we took call a one hundred.
Speaker 4: Pick up on hundred. Call Jason one hundred.
Speaker 3: Jessica from Mountain Needs. Oh my god, Hello guys, Caller one hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is this.
Speaker 6: Thought I could have been one hundred now, but I'll come in to meet you guys, and that it's gonna make my morning anyway.
Speaker 3: She is a mum of two girls. She joined us this morning. She's a school teacher. Good morning, jess Good.
Speaker 4: Morning and.
Speaker 1: Feeling how are you feeling? Not tired?
Speaker 7: Jumped out of bed for the first time this morning. Usually I'm going to stay in bed all morning, right to the very end. But I was awake well and truly before my alarm this morning.
Speaker 3: She's shaking, absolutely shaking.
Speaker 1: What's the Yeah, what is going through your head? What's your strategy?
Speaker 4: Strategy?
Speaker 7: Well, one hundred shows, so I'm thinking it's one hundredth minute. Have any idea of time in the booth?
Speaker 3: So look, I just want to explain it for everybody listening. How this is going to work is we have a booth set up outside the studio. We're gonna put Jessica in there. It is all blacked out. There is no clocks. You cannot even listen to the show. What a trick for you this morning? At any point between seven am and nine am. There is a one hundred thousand dollars minute, okay that has been chosen. We don't know the time is written down in this sealed down below. When you think it is the minute you hit the buzzer that's in there. Can we have a demonstration of the buzzer please, I go on and hit the buzzer and then the lights will go mental. We will get a special sound. Hit that buzzer, brod.
Speaker 7: Whoa.
Speaker 3: There dramatic?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's very reminiscent of the red light spots. Are that cam up when you do that little round?
Speaker 4: No, it's better than that one hundred thousand dollars. So if you hit that buzzer in the chosen minute, one hundred thousand dollars will be in your bank account. What would a hundred thousand dollars do to you? Jess?
Speaker 1: What would it? What would it do to you the one hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 7: Oh, it would be life changing. My husband has promised my daughter as a puppy if we if we get one of them, was quite emotional last night about all that. And for me, it would finish off our backyard. Finally, after three years of living in this house, go on a holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much.
Speaker 3: The old puppy, Hey, the puppy, Well, look jess you're going to jump up, You're going to go into the booth.
Speaker 1: Now, hey, good luck, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: We will we will cross to you at different times through the show. But look, you know what the hundred thousand not a minute could be like past seven, It could be ten tonight, we don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, and they are random numbers. Jason is just thrown out there as.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not messing with you here, or am I?
Speaker 4: I hope it goes off.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we are going to take jess off, put her in the booth. On the other side of this, we start the clock. She will be playing for one hundred thousand dollars, and if you at home are listening, we are going to give you the chance to give it a crack tomorrow. Here on over, guys, were on. Currently sitting in the booming the studio is Jessica from Mountaineed. She cannot hear the show, She cannot see a clock. She is sitting in a blacked out room with a giant buzzer in front of her. If she hits that buzzer in the exact minute that we have written down in this bit of paper here, she will win one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: So she could do it any second from now. She can do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my good god, there's so much pressure. She looks stress.
Speaker 3: You know what she's actually doing laws she thinks the one hundred thousand dollar a minute will be around one hundred minutes.
Speaker 4: What she counting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm watching it.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh. Sometimes I do that when I'm trying to get myself to fall asleep. I count to one hundred.
Speaker 8: Never works, you know what I do so distract, no valuing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what I do this messes with my wife. She loves it. Like if I hear Luba down a phone number from someone to be okay, go ahead with the number and seven and then I'm in the back regard four two.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're such a pert.
Speaker 4: I can see Jessica in the booth. She's just swinging around on that chair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, listening to her headphone.
Speaker 3: Nothing, absolutely nothing, that's my news.
Speaker 1: Usually I've never seen it so productive. Just quickly clink.
Speaker 3: Going back to finals football, So there would be six day turnaround for the GWS game.
Speaker 1: That's right, And a few people, namely Sydney Siders, saying the turnaround is unfair because they'd only get a six day break the loser, that is right, So Sydney and GWS in a Sydney.
Speaker 3: I think, Look, I think the whole finals fixture needs to be looked at because we're only saying earlier. You know, the whole week off before finals football can really.
Speaker 1: Just killed the momentum. Yeah, the buzz is not. I'm sure there will be a buzz around Melbourne a little bit later this week, but last week it was just weird.
Speaker 4: It was weird not having enough on the weekend and we.
Speaker 1: Get to celebrate the afl W that is sensational. But you know, why not combine at all just ehach festival of footy.
Speaker 3: And surely for the players that's going to ruin momentum.
Speaker 4: Well I guess Look, there's two sides to it. They get that extra rest so they feel a bit fresher, and if you've got injuries in your team, it gives you an extra week to get people back out on the track. But yeah, if you are in one of those top four teams and you win and then you get another week off, it is that you've played one game in three weeks. So I think they play practice matches is quickly?
Speaker 1: Are you on the cats.
Speaker 4: Line for the final?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jase?
Speaker 3: Who are you on? Mixed feelings at the moment, I'm swaying towards Port. I'm on the Giants, really big, big sounds. We've got sing the song Clint later. I'm off to do a Google job too, don't you worry?
Speaker 4: Guys? How good is a trip to the Gold Coast, especially this time a year when it's a bit chilla dog in Melbourne Getting on a plane heading up to the Gold Coast, going to the theme parks? Do you have a favorite?
Speaker 3: I'm quite fond of Wet and Wild, saying brings back a lot of memories when I was a kid and they used to do they used to do a stunt shot on the spear on the stand up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They used to stand up on the slides laws and build you know, like the old pyramids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they do it going down on the water slide.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That was the eighties when there was no H and S.
Speaker 4: I was a movie world babe. I loved movie but I love seeing all the characters, and I loved that. What was the stunt show they had there as well? You know they loved it anyway. Dream World he is the other one up there. No, I didn't dress up.
Speaker 1: Didn't say monk work movie. Well, it's one of the she would have been Marilyn.
Speaker 4: She was sure, Yeah, definitely. Well something's that and a dream World that may stop you from going. You know how dream World they've got they've got the water park there too, and they've got the animals, those beautiful animals.
Speaker 1: Including they've got water slides and animals. It's a dangerous mix, yep.
Speaker 4: And they have tigers there. They've got tiger cubs. I think it's a conservation project and they're well looked after. The tigers up there, apparently, but perhaps not. Because a dream World handler has been bitten by her tiger that she was supposed to be caring for and supposed to be handling. So they take them out for a walk around the park before people come in. You can't just have tigers roaming the park, obviously, and the tiger has turned on her and attacked her. She's rushed to the hospital. There's not a lot of details out about it at the moment, but have we got our own tiger king going on?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: I I used to do breakfast radio on Brisbane and we would do like outside broadcasts from Dreamwork. So we'd be in there pre nine o'clock before the gate's open. And I've sat there.
Speaker 4: And they take the tigers for a walk.
Speaker 1: It's I'm just taking Flossy for a while.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it's like, Clint, a kid, you not. They walk, they're on just like a little chain, like a lead, like they're going down the dog park.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been there before hours. I think. I don't know why, but we were there before hours and they had the cubs. The tiger cubs were out.
Speaker 1: For the walk and they were so cute, the cubs.
Speaker 4: If someone was walking a tiger towards me on a chain, I'm not sure about that. They were animals in Australia.
Speaker 3: Little bum bag of smackers, Kiddle, come on, come on, come on, no leg.
Speaker 4: We're still doing careers on chains.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are. I know it's a bit. It's a bit on the nose. How'd you got to see? Sticking with sticking with what bitcher see? A man was bitten on the testicles in Vegas last week by a scorpion. He was staking they.
Speaker 4: Were doing something dumb? What was he doing to have?
Speaker 3: Well? Sorry, testing and a scorpion, each to their own, Clint, each to their own. This actually happened back in twenty twenty three. It made news last week because he is suing the Venetian Palazzo Tower because there was a scorpion inside the room and bit him on his testicles, in the bed and his neck.
Speaker 4: Wait, so he was just walking around nude and a scorpion run up his leg and bit him on the balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he was in bed. Imagine the information.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't have to rub prim on that twice a day.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: So I think I'd rather be bitten by spot by a tiger.
Speaker 3: See my You know what my fears are in life, shark bites and needles. And I know if I get bit my shark, I'm probably gonna need a technics Yeah you know, or you're probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: You need more than a technis if you get bitten by a shark.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten, Melbourne, What bit you? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a baby bite my ear once, a friend's baby. Oh first first meeting was it?
Speaker 3: Charlie? That cute little kid on YouTube just at.
Speaker 1: A nibblesinger fly.
Speaker 4: Child did have tea?
Speaker 3: Yes, could you buy it back?
Speaker 1: It was like a giant rusk.
Speaker 3: Thirty twenty four to ten is our number. What have you been bitten by? In return, I've got two hundred dollar Cogin vouchers Upper grabs. Gogin dot com helps you get what you want for less Cogin dot Com. Now that is clicking awesome. Whether it was a tiger, a scorpion, or a child. What's bit your melbourne? Here's the go. For the next two weeks, we are doing the one hundred thousand dollars minute. Each day, we'll give someone the chance to come in and play for one hundred thousand dollars. We basically lock you in a little booth. There was a giant buzzer in front of you, and between seven and nine this morning, there is one minute that we have allocated as the one hundred thousand dollars minute, and.
Speaker 4: It's like a golden minute, isn't it.
Speaker 3: If the contestant can hit the buzzer on that minute, they win the money.
Speaker 1: Currently in the booths awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, currently in the booth. Let's cross to it. Now we have look at it. Jessica from out today.
Speaker 7: Hello, guys, here you going.
Speaker 3: We are good. Now you can't actually hear the show? It all in there, correct, correct now as we're talking to you, and I know you'll hate us talking to you right now, I do. We can see that you're trying to count sixteen twenty one.
Speaker 4: That's right, clean, clean, stop?
Speaker 3: One. Can can you tell us why I'm.
Speaker 7: I'm not riding. I'm counting to six thousand because I believe that it's the hundredth minute of since I came into the booth, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh gosh, you've only been in there for eighteen minutes. You've got a lot of counting to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, six thousand in total.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're not going to stop distracting her?
Speaker 4: Boys, let her go?
Speaker 3: Did you what?
Speaker 1: How long did you think you've been in there?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 7: Two, three, seven hundred and ninety seconds so far?
Speaker 3: So you bang on? She is bang on? Okay, all right, we'll talking alright, you know what, I'm going to help you out here. It is now seven nineteen, So there you go.
Speaker 1: It is now seven more numbers in my head. You start again, yeah, seven nineteen, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Seven nineteen. Stop it. Just let her do her.
Speaker 1: Thing, carry the one I would always forget to carry.
Speaker 4: The manners, let her go, stop listening to them.
Speaker 1: Good luck all right.
Speaker 3: So at any point between now and nine am this morning, she will hit that buzzer and if it is the one one hundred thousand dollars minute, the money is hers but coming. Oh my god, look at the look at the phone slight up for this. A tiger has turned on a handler at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast. So we are asking Melbourne, what bit you thirteen twenty four to ten phone lines have lit up. We've got some strange ones and we'll get to him next. There's ten at the moment, and a little warmer on the GC where the tigers are attacking.
Speaker 4: Yes, there has been a tiger attack at dream World. One of the handlers was walking the tiger is at our very own Carol Baskin, do you think walking one of the tigers down through a dream mountain world for a morning stroll? Which seems rather bizarre anyway, But the tiger has attacked her handler.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's really about that in the hospital, Is that Daffy Duck?
Speaker 3: No? Wow, it's the same fellow. If you know, if we see Albert with the young fellows, the cougar.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh is that a cougar noise?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's what we say in the BArch.
Speaker 4: I've never heard that noise come out of the Google bar animals.
Speaker 3: Well, to be fair, the ones at the bar I see him were like, I sure name, what is it?
Speaker 4: What is that an old woman dating a young man have to do with the tiger handler being attacked by.
Speaker 3: Tiger cougar Loo loos. You're calling them cougars, they must be really old.
Speaker 4: In New Way Melbourne, we're asking what beat you? Was it a tiger? Perhaps? J clar What did you get bitten by a baby on your ear?
Speaker 1: I guess it was. I need more than a baby.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Cassie on thirteen twenty four ten. Cassie or what beat you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 10: I thought I was having a cute moment with my daughter. She was on my back and we were playing four seat and when I tell you, she leant down and sit my back so hard I flung her across the room and I looked at her and she's just sitting there with a ever laugh, looking at me. But she was the funniest thing of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you have the full teeth mark in your back? Because those little teeth leave those fight marks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was raised, it was red. It was so sore, and I think it was all like up to a week like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you kids the kids bike?
Speaker 3: It's practice when they do hickeys?
Speaker 1: Are you sorry for sorry mums who are breastfeeding when yeah child?
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah yeah yeah teeth yeah, wow, would be like teeth yeah, oh ouch, leave that one.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Tim on two.
Speaker 12: Tim here, we were at a motorbike riding in the bush with Make and he had to suddenly go number thirty, so he went off into the bush. Brothers difficulty motorbike kid. And then we get back on the bike start riding. A little while later he steel right, they pulls his fants, goes back in the bush, pulls his pants down. He's got two.
Speaker 13: Leaches on his.
Speaker 3: On his nuts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he loves telling the story because now he tells, I love riding my bike, but nothing better than getting you while you're doing it.
Speaker 1: All gone on.
Speaker 3: And little bloodsuckers, aren't they.
Speaker 1: You got to watch them?
Speaker 3: Do they get like? Yeah, would be like watching a doctor pimple proper video, like if you squeezed it would all the blood come out.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's not nice.
Speaker 4: That's not nice.
Speaker 1: Motibike very excited about that. Grea, grea and war would be good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi you who was bitten?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was me.
Speaker 9: It was many many years ago, and I got too close to a father goose with his babies, and I got bit right on the twat and I got a big, bad bruise and very scared of birds.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, I don't trust birds birds and caw.
Speaker 14: Did you get bitten on on the twat on the vagina?
Speaker 4: I've never heard that word before in my life. Yeah, what, oh gosh, And you.
Speaker 9: Got a big bruise, big, But I did get to pad of Koala.
Speaker 1: That was like that.
Speaker 9: The place felt bad. So let the little blonde girl pad of Koala and she'll feel better. It's probably sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Oh my god, you're a little like duck duck right on the.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of before. You've heard that never, I've never heard the term twat. I should stop saying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just got to should Yeah, good point. If anyone can say it, you can.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 3: Clint and I aren't allowed. Guys. I'm a how do I put this, I'm a lover, not a fighter. Yeah, I degree, thank you, thank you. I agree like I feel my hands Clint, they clammy whether over there a big greasy I to bake an egg sandwich.
Speaker 1: But they're so soft.
Speaker 4: I'd say you're a lover, not a fighter. But you're also a bit of a manipulator, Like you get other people to fight your fights for you. You put fire at other people's bellies and then make them do the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he'd rather engage in a mental war than physical one.
Speaker 3: I'm great at battleship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'd be good on some get other people involved to do the hard work, and he just runs off.
Speaker 3: I'd i'd be like Richard on Season one. He's always walking around nude, getting other people to turn on each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want that.
Speaker 4: And what.
Speaker 1: Richard?
Speaker 3: You remember Big Richard, the nude get one.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's Big Richard, but Richard.
Speaker 4: No, I just remember the guy that won because he told everyoney his grandmother and died and she hadn't. Really, that would be Jason tricking people, well played.
Speaker 3: I think my grandma's died several times. So on the weekend I decided to venture out check out the new local. Oh yeah, good man of.
Speaker 4: Mine, I was.
Speaker 1: It was good, It was good.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Went down to the McKinnon Hotel. Great steak they do them. Yeah, McKinnon Hotel, they do a great steak. Where's McKinnon nestled somewhere near Carnegie, Yeah, sort of Carnegie and Bentley area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful spot.
Speaker 3: So you've got I've got the Bentley East also the Boundary Hotel in Bentley, which is a cracking spot. Good sports bar, sounds like it to do a good steak, pool tables, and then you got the McKinnon, which I would say is a little bit more class a.
Speaker 1: A little bit classic at a bit bougie?
Speaker 3: Is it a little bit more bougie? I walk into the sports bar on Saturday night, Jessu and I were given the leaf pass by otherwives to go out for a couple.
Speaker 1: Jezza, who's Gerald?
Speaker 3: Yeh, g man?
Speaker 4: Gerard? Gerard? What's his name? Gerard?
Speaker 3: I think you know someone? So g Dog and I there at at the park.
Speaker 4: You're too old to be calling your friend's g dog. Sorry that it's got to stop.
Speaker 3: Let's go with Jezzer, Jessu and I are just there at the bar having a few drinks and then all of a sudden, Jesse goes oh and I turned round and a full blown fistfight has broken out Posh Park at the Posh Pub, maybe a meter away from me, and like, you know, like seeing a fight in the wild and up close distressing. It's very distressing. This guy was getting absolutely belted. He was bleeding from the eye, shirts were getting ripped like a.
Speaker 4: Proper bar fight. Yes, in the McKinnon hotel. You think he's bougie and someone there adults or teenagers, like twenty they.
Speaker 3: Were adults, and there was some people screaming out like stop them, stop them.
Speaker 1: They set the scene.
Speaker 3: How many people were around, I would say there was a good There was a good forty people in the party. These two were absolutely going at it, and there was an elderly lady trying to get involved who turned out to be the mum of one of the boys in the f Oh no, mum.
Speaker 1: Sit down, I know that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought, with their security, they're trying to break it up.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I was waiting for you know, the big New Zealanders to come running in going not in those shoes broke, But there was none of those, and.
Speaker 1: You would as surely just tried to calm things down.
Speaker 3: You know, everyone was trying to do their bit just to.
Speaker 4: Go, hey, come, how many people were in the fight? How many people?
Speaker 3: Just just the two? So the rest of us were like, come on, obviously watching out for mum.
Speaker 4: You know, let's as you have been knee deep into your chicken parma sitting in the corner trying to pretend you didn't notice.
Speaker 1: Finish, the two people were there like a lot of bystanders, a lot of witnesses.
Speaker 3: A lot of witnesses, a lot of witnesses.
Speaker 4: And how did it end?
Speaker 1: Were you happy with your response? Popo?
Speaker 4: Come?
Speaker 3: Paper didn't come? We ended up getting one of the guys dragged out with well like team efforts. One of the guys got dragged dragged out the front by his.
Speaker 4: Mum and and then his mum how much trouble he's in with mum?
Speaker 3: And then the bar staff were quick to act and they came in with napkins to soak up the blood and stuff like that, which was inconvenient.
Speaker 4: Were they fighting about? What were they fighting about?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yes, seriously, what were they fighting about?
Speaker 1: We got a witness.
Speaker 4: I'm a witness, someone who was in the past.
Speaker 1: Someone who saw you in action and can tell us about Danny good morning, Morning morning.
Speaker 4: A bar fight.
Speaker 13: Yes, I was there for the bar fight, and I did see Jay. I obviously noticed when he walked in. A huge fan of the show. So I was on my way to the Little Girl's room and I saw Jas walk in, and I of course had to run back to my friends and.
Speaker 14: Be like, oh my god, oh my god, my god, that's Jay.
Speaker 4: Well you're he's one fan. Good for you, Jenny. And then is that what people were fighting over? Were they fighting over?
Speaker 1: Who? Like?
Speaker 4: I'm not like Kyle what.
Speaker 13: They were fighting over?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: So how would you rate Jace's reaction and his heroic instincts?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, I think I was mid running over to my friends at the time, so my back was to the fight, so I didn't see it start, but I did hear the commotion and I turned around, and you know, I was at the end of the bar. So the bar was a very it was very long, and Jaces right, the fight was I think quite but I do seem to recall him taking off down the other.
Speaker 4: End of the Yeah, I knew it. He would have run as far as he possibly could. He told us he was getting involved, going okay, guys.
Speaker 14: And then.
Speaker 1: The pavement and then we were sopping up the blood with the with the serviettes.
Speaker 3: The amount of people that came over to me afterwards and said, Jays, I didn't think you could move that quick, but you grabbed drink.
Speaker 4: And you're in disgrace. You got to help Jase.
Speaker 1: Danny was Jace useless. Yes, yep, there you go.
Speaker 3: The way I justified it was like I never get time out of the house.
Speaker 1: I don't dare they.
Speaker 4: I don't want to letting these kids ruin it.
Speaker 3: Not wasting my one hour on Saturday night, given my statement to the Pope one hour?
Speaker 4: Is that all you're allowed out of the house for?
Speaker 1: Yes, lone soft hands have buttons to push.
Speaker 3: Yes, otherwise it wouldn't be able to fire off. The ads sit here right now, little stumps wrapped in bandages.
Speaker 1: One question, QUESTI five thousand dollars? This, jeez, is.
Speaker 3: Ges spend Lawrence five thousand dollar questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we go.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars Sitting on the line here. Who we go on to the phones with gun.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've got a Lissa from Clayton. Good morning, good morning. What are you up to this morning? Is the sunshining where you are? Alyssa, Yes, it is shining outly, but just this morning?
Speaker 1: What do you study?
Speaker 9: He studying environmental sign same?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So you can get an easy question for fifty, medium question for five hundred, or you can roll the dice and go a hard question for five thousand dollars. What are we feeling this morning?
Speaker 10: I'm feeling I reckon five hundred?
Speaker 9: Is founding good?
Speaker 4: Five hundred? All right?
Speaker 1: Okay you five hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, back yourself as Clints.
Speaker 4: Wasn't convinced, Alyssa, good luck.
Speaker 3: All right. How this works is you'll be given the question now, Alyssa. Remember you get three seconds to answer the question. All right, Yeah, here comes your five hundred dollars question.
Speaker 1: What memmo doesn't have vocal cords? Three?
Speaker 4: Two one?
Speaker 1: Whale?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Answer, it's not a whale, it's a.
Speaker 1: Gi.
Speaker 4: You didn't know the answer. They don't make noises. Drafts don't make noises today.
Speaker 3: No, they don't. No, they don't.
Speaker 4: What noise does a draft, make a.
Speaker 1: Gira you hear a giraffe munching on the leaves?
Speaker 3: You have you guys seen that cafe on Instagram where people overseas are sitting there having like a high tea and then giraffes come through the window.
Speaker 4: Giraffe manner. You've always wanted to go for a giraffe manner?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where is it?
Speaker 4: It's in Africa, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that wouldn't be in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely not in Brisbane. Yeah, it's meant to be amazing as a giraffe sanctuary all around it.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that was the answer?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: I love that you just said. It's not a whale, but it might have been a while.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately missing out. I'll tell you what. You know what, you're not going away afty handed two hundred dollars coging voucher up for grabs.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, No worries, Cogan Monday.
Speaker 3: Uni dot com helps you get what you want for less Cogan dot com. Now that is clicking. Awesome.
Speaker 4: You had no idea what was going on there, Jason.
Speaker 3: Absolutely enough fun to watch that.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it so glint.
Speaker 3: I'm hitting a few buttons over here a stress level.
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go gone. Not all heroes wear capes, bro, give yourself a pat on the back, pump yourself up.
Speaker 1: Type for news, big boy, press that button. I think it'll be best I do. And Julianne Moore and Tilda Swindon's newflick and the Room next Door has received a seventeen minute standing ovation. It's a bit much, isn't it. At the Venice Film Festival.
Speaker 3: How long was the standing ovation?
Speaker 1: Seventeen minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh they're ridiculous. Those standing ovations. How awkward and embarrassing just having everyone standing there clapping for you, stearing.
Speaker 3: It's like three chop tops. I mean a minute feels like a long minute. Too long a minute, you know people did eighteen minutes. This would rattle you because we had a bit of a rough landing. Someone initiated the on board Yes, how.
Speaker 4: Do we feel miney on board clap? I don't mind it, Yeah yeah, I need it. I like applauding people at any at any chance.
Speaker 3: I'd rather that than seventeen minutes in the movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, But when you're the person that they're giving the standing ovation too, they just stand there and like wave and smile for a quarter of an hour.
Speaker 3: In the fifteen minute mark, i'd be doing that wrap up side all right, guys, come.
Speaker 1: On, I got to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They need a cap it, They need to put a cap on it.
Speaker 3: Festival guys, we are celebrating our one hundredth show on Nova, and to celebrate, we are giving our listeners the chance to win one hundred thousand dollars. Today it is Jessica, a mum of two. She's a teacher from Mountain Need. She is set up in a little booth outside the studio. It is all bloody. She don't Clint, she.
Speaker 4: Can't hear us, so I don't know why you're bothering to try and distract her. But she came in because she has to hit the buzzer at what we're calling a golden minute. One minute between seven am and nine am is worth one hundred thousand dollars. If she hits the buzzer during that time, she wins the one hundred thousand dollars. But in her mind, she's come in with the strategy that it's going to be the one hundredth minute, which it may not beat, so she thinks, but she's trying to count, so she's been in there for sixty six minutes currently.
Speaker 3: Let's cross to it now. Good morning, Jess, good morning. Are you going?
Speaker 1: We're good morning?
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Do you think it is?
Speaker 7: Oh, well, I've really lost all numbers now, I reckon it must be about I don't know, thirty five minutes till I'm going to hit the button.
Speaker 3: Oh what time you're planning on hitting butts?
Speaker 7: Eight forty?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, how's it is? Her mind playing tricks on it?
Speaker 7: I keep losing counter and then I've got to retrack, and I've got numbers and fingers going, like just everything going everywhere.
Speaker 4: So why do you think it's the hundredth minute of the competition.
Speaker 7: Well, it's the hundredth.
Speaker 1: Show for you.
Speaker 4: It's it's yeah, hundreds distracted. I'm really distracted. I've got numbers everywhere.
Speaker 3: Hundred you are right now, Jess.
Speaker 1: Wake to you.
Speaker 4: Guys, get up so.
Speaker 1: Early to do this.
Speaker 3: You do it now. I will point out that the one hundred thousand a minute it could have passed. We don't know. We don't know. We're not like it's written down in an envelope. I have the envelope. In the studio. I will not be opening this until you hit the button. So hopefully, for your sake, one hundred thousand a minute has not passed yet. But good luck or thank you?
Speaker 4: Good luck jess Okay, so she can't hear us anymore.
Speaker 3: Jason, hang on, she's got the fingers.
Speaker 4: She's counting fingers cause she's laughing. Can you still hear us?
Speaker 1: Jess?
Speaker 3: Yes, can can at the moment?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, I won't say what I was going to say then.
Speaker 3: I saved those comments, save those comments. But yes, So what she's planning on hitting at around eight forty?
Speaker 4: She reckons eight forties.
Speaker 1: He's got the headphones off now she was close. Her mass is going. Okay, I know if that's what the target she's working towards. She was only like a minute shy that I know she's on it.
Speaker 4: Hey, the girl can I don't believe she's kept on time that long.
Speaker 3: All right, So there is one hundred thousand dollars minute in play. Will Jessica hit the buzzer during that minute?
Speaker 1: Time?
Speaker 3: Will tell guys, you know what I love about this city. It's made up of all different types of characters and lifestyles. Sure, is and on the show we have highlighted some of those different lifestyles before. Remember we asked what was the best thing about being single, and this was the response.
Speaker 5: I can buy chocolate and nobody else will eat it.
Speaker 3: Yep, you don't have to hide it.
Speaker 5: No, you can stay in the fridge on Christmas Day when everyone else is annoyed that they have to go there in laws. I guess you're either rest or go out for drink different.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you don't have in laws.
Speaker 5: When I get home after four year olds all.
Speaker 14: Day, I can just not talk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh that's good.
Speaker 3: Hang on, so you're telling me this is the big one for you don't have to hear about someone's day.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I got in big trouble for that, for saying you don't have in laws because my in laws heard it. Also, Oh boy, did I copy text you about that?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: Was the way you said it was like someone had just went powerboll I know.
Speaker 4: I'd said on the family group chap, I was like fighting out amongst yourself. So you think I'm winging about guys are good? And no one replied.
Speaker 3: Now, we we did focus on the people who are in relationships. We heard about the best thing about being single, But what about having a partner.
Speaker 5: So when I'm already in bed watching Netflix for the night and I want to drink or I went to bed, my husband goes to get it for me.
Speaker 14: Well, the best thing for me is that the wife use great head massages, which made me fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Really well, I.
Speaker 4: Think what's good about being in a relationship for me is that I've never, never, ever, ever once since I've dated Paul, have I put petrol in my car? He just doesn't.
Speaker 3: Don't you drive an electric.
Speaker 1: We've got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got it that he also charges the tesla.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right there we go. Can't put head massages.
Speaker 1: Today, BEAUTI.
Speaker 3: Want to talk about the benefits of having kids, because going.
Speaker 1: To benefits you must have a long list.
Speaker 3: Jason id knows. I've highlighted the negatives before, but today thirteen twenty four ten best saying about having kids Number one.
Speaker 4: The best the benefits.
Speaker 1: Party food, oh strong, fairy bread.
Speaker 3: On weekends you have to drop them to parties and there is always an array of chocolate crackles.
Speaker 4: But you've got to go to do you get to hang out with the parents of the kids you don't like.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no. The age of my kids, they're drop and go parties.
Speaker 1: I drop, that's good, drop, grab a chocolate, crackle, crap and go.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, so you drop them, but you still go in and say hello and raid the food table and then you leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can do that.
Speaker 3: Stop me, I can. I'm a parent. That's what parents do.
Speaker 1: What sort of chores do your kids do around the house or what do you make them do? Jace, I'm trying to get them to do things success. That's the constant fight every day. Today.
Speaker 3: We're focusing on the positives, though, aren't we.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the positives are that you get to eat their kids snacks, because when I go to friends houses and they've got kids, love getting into the snack draw.
Speaker 3: I got another one, I reckon. This is one of the biggest benefits I've found since having kids. I have an excuse to get out of anything.
Speaker 1: Oh and don't you use it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You use them all the time. The amount of time we all know you're lying trampoline, the trampoline falls. How many times have we heard that, Clint?
Speaker 3: They fall on the trampoline a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've got to leave early because kid's got a doctor's appointment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's getting again. They can you get in those years?
Speaker 4: How many children do you have?
Speaker 3: Then you roll in what else specialist appointments?
Speaker 1: Oh needs the tonsils out.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything left in there of him.
Speaker 4: One one benefit someone as someone who doesn't have kids, and I think that's good, is when you're getting on a plane and they let people with kids get on first.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a perk's security line. They go go to the family line and then you get in Bali. When we went to Ballet, we had friends of ours on the flight who didn't have kids, and you know, as you arrive into Bali, like there's a there's a mass crowd waiting to get through Barley customs. They always have like a family line. So we lent one of our kids to the couple that were traveling with us so they could go through the family line.
Speaker 4: Is listening, hang on, They've probably got different surnames. They've probably got done for child trafficking or something. Jason had over a kid.
Speaker 1: Not my issue. Casey's a mum of two yep. Eating the scraps of the child's meal nuggets chips.
Speaker 3: Ah so good, singer Casey And you know what, you don't want a full nugget, you just want half. Yeah, there's always half a nugget. Thirteen twenty four ten. What's the benefits of having kids? God, your ovaries are going to be firing at the end of this lots you're going to be excited.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it sounds like it. It's got three eating benefits.
Speaker 3: So far, which is very us We're giving you the chance and one hundred thousand dollars over the next two weeks. This morning, we've got Jessica from Mountainee. She is in a soundproof booth outside the studio.
Speaker 4: She's looking nervous. Jase is.
Speaker 3: Indeed, she has a giant buzzer in front of her. All she has to do is hit that buzzer at some point between seven and nine this morning. If she hits that button during the one hundred thousand dollar minute, the money is hers now will point out it.
Speaker 4: Was about thirty five minutes left on the show, or left till nine am. She's got to hit it before nine am, so she's been in there for nearly an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: But look, I don't know when one hundred thousand dollar minute is right because it's written down. It is sealed in this envelope. So when she hits that buzzer, we'll get it to come into the studio. We'll open the envelope.
Speaker 1: I mean independent. Yeah, I do too, my guts, I reckon, she's missed.
Speaker 4: It is around eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Should we all right down our guesses?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've written mind out.
Speaker 1: I gotta say it now, gld no, no.
Speaker 3: No, hold on, hold on, no, let's wait, let's wait. Okay, all right, she still has thirty five minutes left to hit the button. At the moment, though, we are talking the benefits of having kids thirteen to twenty four ten. We've spoken about the benefits of being single. We've spoken about the benefits of being in a relationship, what we love about the city, all different lifestyles.
Speaker 4: The benefits of having kids. Jose's pointed out three benefits, which all involve food. So far, let's see if mums and dads out there have any other suggestions, at least from where it would be good.
Speaker 1: Morning, good morning, Hey, go and go, We're good. We're good.
Speaker 4: What's the best thing about having kids?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 14: It's re watching all of your childhood.
Speaker 1: Movies good Call, like the Disney movies Good Call? Yeah, well those.
Speaker 14: We actually watched Missus Doubt Fire just on the weekend as the kids and my husband and I like had the best time. I'm not sure that I think we enjoyed it more than the kids, to be honest, but life as an adult, yeah they did. My youngest is five, so some of it went over her head.
Speaker 9: But yeah, yeah, they enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Some of the old school moves are a little slow to get into it as well. But like say, if Lou came home and she was like, why are you watching The Sandlot Kids?
Speaker 1: If we didn't I loved that movie.
Speaker 3: If we didn't have children, it'd be a little weird.
Speaker 1: It would be little with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, come, I watch the Soundlock Kids this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's an absolute where isn't it?
Speaker 3: It still holds up?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Let' say if we went over to Clen's house on a Saturday and we're like, oh you doing You're doing the Mighty Ducks clip, we can come back.
Speaker 4: I loved the Mighty Ducks. I was in a netball team called the Mighty Ducks. Really because I loved the movie so much we used to go quack quackack.
Speaker 3: Crack, rights to frankstan Bree. Benefits of having kids.
Speaker 6: I've got a teenager and when I need to go out, she does my full faces, makeup and hair a thousand times better than what I can.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's been watching the beauty Influences, has she She's learned how to do it good.
Speaker 3: Cool. Also, if your vape's out of power, she might be able to lend your hairs free.
Speaker 4: How old is she?
Speaker 6: She is seventeen and she does the really good, expensive stuff that I don't buy for myself. So definitely a benefit.
Speaker 4: But it's expensive because I've got friends' kids who are like ten and they want all of that, you know, they want to go to Mecca and support for seventeen expenses.
Speaker 1: Seventeen is a formal time, right, so you would spend some time on the director's chair at Mecca. What's it called Bobby Brown?
Speaker 4: Like I'm in the Mac at Maya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mac girls, Can I ask a questions? And I see the people sitting on those directors chairs getting their full face of makeup done? Do you pay for that?
Speaker 1: Laws?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Some of them?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 4: You but you can redeem it in products. So it might be one hundred and fifty dollars to get your makeup done, but you can buy one hundred fifty dollars worth of product and then they'll throw in the makeup.
Speaker 1: Basically, is it awkward sitting on the chair and watch.
Speaker 4: Yep, yea it is. I haven't done it for a while, but I used to back in the day.
Speaker 1: We should put on the chair of show.
Speaker 4: But there's also like in Maya, there's like the benefit counter where they wax your eyebrows in the middle of.
Speaker 3: My No thanks, They've got that at Westfield done that too though, where people people are getting their hair braided and like in the middle of the shopping center.
Speaker 7: Good on you.
Speaker 4: It's quick. It's always quick. Oh guys, are you watching our hundred thousand dollars minute test? And she's just moved right over to the buzz up. She yeah, she's wheeled over towards it. I can She's going to hit it any minute.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're still get more calls. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Let's go to the phones, guys. Benefits of having children.
Speaker 1: Alicia in Delahay, good morning, Hi.
Speaker 5: Guys, how are you We're good?
Speaker 3: What do you reckon?
Speaker 5: I have four children and they are my best excuse for getting out of anything that I don't want to do.
Speaker 3: It's a ripper, isn't it. What's your favorite go to? Mine's always they fell off the trampoline.
Speaker 5: Oh my dear mind. They got hurt at school. Ye, like, if one wants to get picked up early, I just picked them all up, so I'd tell each school of different story, so I just get them out.
Speaker 3: Oh god, the amount of dentalist appointments.
Speaker 4: You have four different schools.
Speaker 5: I have four kids at three different schools, one school for same but there's two campuses, so yeah, I see, yeah.
Speaker 4: But see even the drop off, the multi drop off and pick up.
Speaker 3: Destination weddings. We can't get a babysitter.
Speaker 4: Sorry, yeah, but Chase, you're the only loser that doesn't want to go and celebrate their friend's weddings away.
Speaker 3: At least she was a loser too. She didn't want to go to anything.
Speaker 4: No, she just destination weddings. Can't get a babysitter, doesn't like socializing?
Speaker 3: Does he got a year? Agwa?
Speaker 4: No wonder he's got no friends?
Speaker 5: Hello, congrats on one hundred shows.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You've got kids?
Speaker 3: What's the benefits pram parking?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, but tell me? Have you got like a ten year old that you're pushing around in a pram so you can still park there? No?
Speaker 6: Not quite, but I probably will keep doing it until she's there saying that pram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pram parking is an absolute cracker. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: That is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you've if you hang on to people, judge you have you used it?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: No, Clint, I've used it? Sorry, Clint?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes I have.
Speaker 4: When you're babysitting your niece, your nephews.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, nah, don't you do in the line?
Speaker 4: Do you use pram parking?
Speaker 9: You dog?
Speaker 3: You park diagonally across three disabled spots as well? Are you right?
Speaker 1: I look after my nieces and nephews every now and then, so you deserve.
Speaker 3: Let me ask the question again, Clint. When you park in pram parking, do you have any children with you? They've been in my car before, in that sports car.
Speaker 4: You're not putting a babysit discrimination.
Speaker 3: It's here we go.
Speaker 1: They should have single blokes parking.
Speaker 4: Guys. Our hundred dollars minute contestants about to push the buzzer. She look at it. Yeah, she's about to go in a minute now.
Speaker 3: Also, it's a hundred thousand. I don't know if you're skimming a bit off the tops.
Speaker 4: One hundred dollars into one hundred million, thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Single bloke parking down the back middle loading dot chat. Well, all right, it is right on eight thirty. Yes, all eyes are on Jessica for a mop to need. She is in the soundproof booth.
Speaker 4: She can't hear us. No, wow, she said she wanted to go at eight thirty.
Speaker 3: Now here's the go.
Speaker 1: It's just got thirty one since seven.
Speaker 3: I'm about to play the ads and we've got the news. When she hits that button, a siren will sound and it will stop everything. So stand by Melbourne. I reckon. We are minutes away from her hitting it, and the big question will so stress that minute be worth one hundred thousand dollars. We're going to find out soon. I'm over.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I'm so nervous.
Speaker 3: At the moment.
Speaker 4: We are in the middle of our one hundred thousand dollars minute game. So we have a contestant who is in a booth and at any minute. She can push a button somewhere between seven and nine am, and if she pushes the buzzer in the in the one hundred thousand dollar minute that nearly went wrong one hundred thousand dollar minute, she'll win the cash. That's right, it's got to be before nine, so she's only got what twenty two minutes left now.
Speaker 3: She can't hear us. Her name is Jessic because she's a mum of two from Mountaineich. It's also a tea shout out to her family who would be listening this morning. I've gotta say hats off to her because she can't hear the show. She's got no idea what time it is, and I know her gut said she thinks it's going to be one hundredth minute.
Speaker 1: Which is about about or soonish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about two minutes. She said she wanted to hit it at eight forty. It's now eight thirty eight and fifty seconds, so there's a good chance, if her calculations are right, she's going to hit that.
Speaker 1: She's a teacher. They're going to be right.
Speaker 4: We don't know that she's been counting. She's been counting, We've been putting her off every minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have been putting her off, all right. So look, as soon as she hits that buzzer, the studio will light up, the song will be cut, and we will find out if she's nailed it, if she has hit the buzzer.
Speaker 4: Inside, she doesn't run over time.
Speaker 3: The one hundred thousand dollars minutes.
Speaker 2: She's clock is ticket Jason Laurence's one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, my gosh, Jessica has hit the buzzer in what she thinks is the one hundred thousand dollar minute.
Speaker 1: Jas Oh, Jessica has just made her way into the studio. Hi, how are you, Jesse?
Speaker 4: Do you know what time it is?
Speaker 7: No idea?
Speaker 1: I have a look at the clock up behind you. Oh, that's you were aiming for and it's eight forty.
Speaker 4: It was eight forty to take forty one down eight forty. When you hit the buzzer, you do that because we were watching it, you're counting? Did you seriously count six thousand?
Speaker 7: I had just been like you know, looking at things and going okay, once I hit one hundred, that's one, and then obviously there's it's in a thousand. So once I got to one thousand. Then I started the.
Speaker 3: Lap again, and a couple of things don't obviously, because we wouldn't know that you are a teacher. What year do you teach?
Speaker 4: Grade one?
Speaker 7: And twos and threes and four?
Speaker 3: Go there, that's would be.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, neither, Can I be honest, Jessica, Jessica.
Speaker 4: Here's how it works. Inside a sealed envelope. Jase has the time of the one hundred thousand dollars minute. Okay, if in that envelope it says eight forty, you'll be winning.
Speaker 3: Can I get confirmation? What was the exact minute, Brody that she hit it?
Speaker 1: It was exactly eight forty.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me set the scene.
Speaker 3: It's two envelopes. She's like those bloody dolls that fold into each other.
Speaker 1: You are shaking like a lot.
Speaker 4: We were watching spinning around in the ture. I thought you're going to hit it about seven minutes earlier.
Speaker 1: Jay and jess this is a this is a this is a lot of cash. How life changing will be?
Speaker 7: I can't even think right now. I've just got cat and dogs running through my head at the moment. One cat and dog.
Speaker 8: Two Jason, come on, Jessica, from Mount Deneat.
Speaker 3: I'm so nervous confirming you hit the button at exactly eight forty yep. The one hundred thousand dollars minute with seven twenty five.
Speaker 1: Five seven to early five seven.
Speaker 4: We all had a guess. My guess was eight oh one.
Speaker 3: I said seven forty two, you said seven forty.
Speaker 1: And what was it?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven seven, that's okay. It was fun, looked like it.
Speaker 3: Was in pain in that.
Speaker 1: Time. You're waking up tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Five, I know for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been a great sport this morning. Thank you so much for listening and supporting the show.
Speaker 7: No congratulations to you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 7: Make me smile, cry, laugh every morning.
Speaker 4: So awesome.
Speaker 1: Cogatress, Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We'll hook you out with a two hundred dollars cogaan allegends. Thank you so much, No worries, that's the least we can do. Thank you, but mate, thank you so much for coming in. One hundred thousand dollars. Guys, we play again tomorrow, So tomorrow on the show we will open the phones and give people the chance to do one hundred thousand dollars. All you have to do is be the one hundredth caller tomorrow, hundredth.
Speaker 4: Caller, what was what's your tips for being the hundredth caller? Because that's that's part of it which is really difficult. How did you time that?
Speaker 7: Usually when I call, I ring straight away, but I waited about five or ten seconds and then just keetch hitting the old reader?
Speaker 1: Yeah reader, oh yeah, Hey, do you want to give a shout out to your school?
Speaker 7: More at primary school?
Speaker 14: See you's toorrow, so you're.
Speaker 1: Taking the day?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wow, She thought she was going to be celebrating.
Speaker 3: You give that daquerie machine in the old staff for arrest today clip, we're about to get out of here. But guys, tomorrow we're going to give our one hundredth caller a chance to play for one hundred thousand dollars yet again.
Speaker 4: Yes, another one that was fun today. Although was very anxious about it. I was really hoping that it was going to go off today.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it, Tell me about it. What's on the cards today?
Speaker 2: Run?
Speaker 3: Was you are doing the show from Fiji? They're filming f Boy.
Speaker 4: Island not filming.
Speaker 1: If we don't know, we don't I know.
Speaker 3: You said it's a secret TV project and we know. I f Boy Island gets filmed on an island.
Speaker 4: And I think it's actually Love Island that's filmed over here. I would love to each other family have attacked me on with a friend fam.
Speaker 3: I definitely can't imagine her on Survivor.
Speaker 4: Well, Survivors also filmed here. I told you the other day we went on a helicopter over the island that Survivor is filmed out. It looks pretty nice to me.
Speaker 1: What else is there any other show?
Speaker 3: Jurassic Partner that's Hawaiian.
Speaker 4: That's Hawaiian. Yeah, I will continue my filming today.
Speaker 3: You know what they used to film in Fiji? Do you remember Temptation Island?
Speaker 1: Temptation Island, Mick Russian on that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it was four couples and then basically it just turned into swingers Island. They're bringing a.
Speaker 4: Hole to tempt each other, to cheat with each other's partners.
Speaker 3: No singles on the island as well.
Speaker 4: And they got sent off on like nights away with a single.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you doing Temptation?
Speaker 4: I am doing Temptation Island? Yes, you mustard me?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm am I here with Paul or am I one of the hot singles One's in You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're probably hosting. Thank you for being you know, in one of the cameras.
Speaker 4: Jim in Catering Caterington.
Speaker 3: I have a great day of ron.
Speaker 4: That is it.
Speaker 3: We are out of here tomorrow though, as I mentioned, make sure you are listening to celebrate one hundred shows on nover. We're giving you the chance of one hundred thousand dollars. Have a great day. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, thank you. Lauren wake up feeling good on Nomber one hundred, Chase and Lauren only good.
Speaker 1: On socials
Speaker 4: MHM.