Speaker 1: Five a football post match callers.
Speaker 2: For the time not to feel a little bit emotional after a match like that. It was for the neutral heart wrenching. But to see Port Adelaide will themselves across the line, they're treaders, unbelievable and after one of the horror performances of last week, to see what you saw tonight, describe it to us. That was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I hope I don't swear, because holy that was some sort of game. You have two posters in the last quarter, the Hawks have got all the ascendency and Port find a way for a grip. Nine days ago, I was sitting there going, if we bring our best, we can win. You finish second, you find a way and then to put in a performance like we did eight days ago, or you get pump by eighty four points in you.
Speaker 1: Other aging favorite.
Speaker 3: When you come up against a team who and a lot of puns are really that when you're a dollar below within a dollar sixty favorite Hawthorne away from home, you've had some sort of form. Run for Port to find a way, it's character. It's an absolute character performance. And I felt ten days ago would turn the corner as a club for.
Speaker 1: Grinding wins and then last week was a big step back.
Speaker 3: It was seen before reality checks and that's why you finished top four, to give yourself a chance to take on the Swans who port have got a phenomenal record against Sydney.
Speaker 2: Eight in a row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Sydney will remember the last time these two teams played, it was an absolute drubbing at this ground. The geez rest up, Recover, celebrate, faithful, massive crowd fifty one thousand befull credit to the Port Adelais Footy Club, the coaches, Ken Inkley's been through the ring.
Speaker 1: Of this week up the whole club has.
Speaker 3: The clubs have been through the ringer. The players have been questioned for their endeavor and their toughness, and Tommy, that is toughness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they deserve what they got, no doubt last week, no doubt. And you know where the thing is. That is the response. He's the response. You want correct because.
Speaker 3: You lose that game straight su for a second year in.
Speaker 1: A row, which you don't want. And that's what I said.
Speaker 5: We wanted them to do what they did in the last six weeks. Tonight, right from the beginning are wrong.
Speaker 1: You could see the pressure was up the tackling pressure.
Speaker 5: Was up and you knew that it meant something, and it meant something during the week.
Speaker 1: You could hear it. Canley's press conference yesterday.
Speaker 5: I was happy with it because I'm gone, he's on edge, he's angry, and I love that that filters.
Speaker 1: Through to the players. I said it the Chris Davies beforehand. I'm happy.
Speaker 5: That's the result you want, that's the sort of effort you want, and they got the result.
Speaker 2: And just a word on Hawthorne two boys, I mean treads. They've got such a young, exciting least. They're going to be playing a lot of finals football with a great coach and full credit to them. They put up a hell of a performance that it takes two to tango for a game like that.
Speaker 3: When you look at it, Port jumped him at the start two goals and that's probably the difference in the match, really, isn't it Port start?
Speaker 1: Because the Hawks.
Speaker 3: From second term lifted. They kicked four goal to Port's three. Then you look at the next quarter, it's two goals, three goals to two Hawthorn's way.
Speaker 1: They won the last three quarters treategy and lost the game.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: And that's how close it was and that's finals. It wasn't a pretty game, but it was a tough game.
Speaker 1: Hawks.
Speaker 3: One thing I love about him they don't change their game style. They keep attacking, and you just I just felt, I'm just hoping we can hang on.
Speaker 1: We can hang on.
Speaker 3: But full credit took opportunities, senior players stood up when they had to, and Jesus it's a fair way. And as both teams give a guard of honor for Luke Bruce in his three hundredth game.
Speaker 2: Yep, phenomenal match and tread as you talk about you know the game being inches if not for two posters Hawthorne are playing in the premiums, it's that close.
Speaker 3: That's how close it is. And now you talk about teams can be contending, you never know. In footage the dynamic looks good, the list looks good, the way they play looks good. But you only can look at the opportunities you've got. And yeah for Luke Bruce and Jack Gunston who looked like they're going to go on again for Hawthorne, Jesus, Hawks haven't lost any favors.
Speaker 1: And I know when I dealt with.
Speaker 3: My last Thursday night lost when we lost to back up on Friday and seeing the way they play, it's a breath of fresh air from AFIL.
Speaker 2: Footage after the game thanks to acet Transport Solutions. Give us your calls, folks, eight double two to three double A double A. We'll get the song and we'll hear all of that. But fornight, for tonight it was put Adelaide winning by three points. Amazing game of football. Let's get to the calls. Now, let's go to ner Yuppa. Martin is going to kick things off for us KA Martin.
Speaker 7: So many Well, you bought a game at different from last week. But I thought the umpiring was I couldn't believe that holding the ball and some of the tackling and what we get, you know, I mean their first two goals that they scored were from free kicks that we give away and whatever. But oh what you know? And by the way, can you be seeing those reporters again?
Speaker 1: The reporters are well, they're only doing their job.
Speaker 3: I know, can get a bit heeded because people's lives are involved in it, but they're doing their job. And you know, I think the best way to answer back on any stuff is to win. Yeah, well, look for me.
Speaker 1: It was more so.
Speaker 5: The first thing I got out of it was he's on edge, he's not taking shit there, and I'm found, Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm and I want that intensity at the whole week, the whole group, and I think it was I asked Chris Davies about it tonight before the game and it was pretty much exactly that. It's been an intense week to me, and we've trained better than what we did the week before, which we did get reports that they sort of went through the motions and they got treated as such. So this week edged stuff and it had to be look at the way that final was played.
Speaker 1: That is finals football. That's what it takes, doesn't it, Timmy. That's what it takes to win.
Speaker 2: You two know that better than anyone. For the fourth time, Ken Hinckley is into a prelim final. Let's get to Greta. A tough night for votes tread as you will have to sort through that, but Greta from Melbourne.
Speaker 1: What a win? Hey, Greta.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it was a great win.
Speaker 9: It was very stressful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we all lost a few years tonight off the ticker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did two and a few vocal cords.
Speaker 5: Glad my mind's gone, Timmy. Yeah, well now we have to go back to Greta.
Speaker 1: We didn't get the three too.
Speaker 2: We'll get Greta back. Greta, are you there? Can you give us your three?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 10: I gave three votes to Jace Bergman.
Speaker 1: Good vote, two votes to.
Speaker 10: Haunt Francis and one vote to Willie.
Speaker 1: Rioli so Bergman or Burgoyne.
Speaker 11: Bergman sorry, Burgoyne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 2: I think Bergwn Yeah, I think jas Berglan will be right in there in the votes that the finish got on your gred up. It was an amazing game of football. We'll keep on going. We'll head out to Stacy. I reckon, we've got at Richmond. Hi there, Stacy Hi.
Speaker 9: Was an absolutely amazing game from the first found Sport really stepped up with beg takele and I'm so stormary that came over for nothing, contrasted them from sports Good on.
Speaker 2: Your Stacy, Yeah, it was. It was full of Hawthorne fans tonight. They came in there drives, they drove across from Melbourn, didn't they a lot of them? Timmy, We saw so many support. Amazing that before the game, but I said, I like it.
Speaker 1: I love that. It's very rare you get that sort of you know, almost fifty to fifty crown pockets.
Speaker 2: Timmy, weren't there onagon. Twenty thousand of the fans tonight.
Speaker 1: Were Hawthorne, which is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a really good atmosphere out there. Were just getting some pictures. We might just we're probably still got a minute or two. We'll maybe take one more call before we head down to the rooms. Ken Hinkley is just heading there now.
Speaker 1: It's still out there on the ground.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Stephanie at Gauler High. Stephanie, Hi, what a great game one of the Stephanie.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I couldn't watch it in the end.
Speaker 2: Stephan I have to keep watching it. Nearly thumped me in getting too old for it. We'll be back again Friday night. It'll be Treaders against Sydney at the s c G and another prelim final. So we've got three of the four prelim finalists. Decided one to come tomorrow, Timmy. With g WS up against Brisbane, let's get out to Glenell. Glarry is on the line.
Speaker 13: Get that guys, whole hardly agree with all the previous callers. Never tearis apart. I reckon, but I have to say, got a soft.
Speaker 7: Sport for the Hawks.
Speaker 13: Think we just needed Hawk to uh we we we, We just needed the Hawks to like a sorry, guys, lots of lots of words a little bit because I've got a bit of a soft spot for them. We just needed the Hawk to a you know, maybe get a little bit more of the insight gift. He's in the first quarter, seriously, but good on your hinkers. You're safe for another week and next week.
Speaker 14: We just need Port to.
Speaker 13: Just bring that first quarter effort like they did tonight.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Yeah, good good stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, Larry. We might just head on into the rooms because Port Adelaide's players are making their way down there now and as you can imagine a lot of relief and elation after that performance as we go down there for you.
Speaker 8: Now, well.
Speaker 1: About you have it.
Speaker 2: We'll head on back to the rooms a little bit later. We'll try and get an interview Sammy Daddo. We'll be doing some work as we continue after the game. Thanks to Ace that Transport Solutions, we'll keep a close eyes well on Jason Horn, France. It's looked to be in pretty good spirits traders. Hopefully just some cramping, like you said, because yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to suspect it's it's cramping, because if you're doing a real stretch to see if you can play, it's not a hamstring.
Speaker 5: Well, the whole leg was stiff. That's what I thought was cramp rather than hammy. Because the test hammy, you sort of your Olympic with a half leg. Yeah, having done too many Yeah.
Speaker 3: Even the same test is the same thing. But if he's pined to hammy, they're not testing.
Speaker 1: Him, you know what I mean, just going all scan and see how big the tear is. Yeah. Yeah, so that's what happens.
Speaker 2: He will hopefully be okay to play it next week. Let's head out to the Gold Coast. Matthew is on the line. Hi, Matthew.
Speaker 6: Oh good even guys, how are you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pretty? Uh well, just the last week leaved Matthew.
Speaker 15: Hey, Timmy, here you go and try to smell boy boys.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll we start on my.
Speaker 14: I believe it.
Speaker 16: I'd be arrogant fans.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, there's someting tears tonight.
Speaker 16: Boys, Just some of that it doesn't hurt, So do enjoy that.
Speaker 6: I know we've got to enjoy and look forward to Sydney.
Speaker 16: But boy, just looking at rear view mirror and just see that, like twenty thirteen we've be colling with It was there at the MPG and the shocked they were.
Speaker 12: Just assuming they were going to make it the next week.
Speaker 16: I've heard nothing but about Hawthorne having two weeks on the road getting to Sydney.
Speaker 14: Even by the media, let alone the players.
Speaker 16: It has been a back to the wall and that is Port Adelaide. This tonight was everything about oh Alberton and Port Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Just so just so proud, great Cole Matthew. Yeah, it is a bit like that.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what treaders you played in a couple of them, Port and Hawthorne, Timmy. They just do close finals. Remember Johnny Barker in one the prelimb back in twenty fourteen I think it was, and then tonight all decided by Lesson to kick.
Speaker 1: They just don't do blowouts, do they do?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty here against Richmond prelim final, Yeah, there was there's probably the Bulldog's one was an ugly one. But to celebrate them now, I just sit back and look at it, runye and go. It could have gone either way. Careers are either ended or made or on these sorts of nights.
Speaker 1: Well they had to do it.
Speaker 3: Much like you look at Hawthorne. You look at Hawthorne, you look at Brisbane, you look at the CA. That's I can remember premierships in that area, catspeak the Saints by kick, Chapman goal, you know what I mean. Brisbane, get over Collingwood, buy a kick in two two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: You need you need that to go.
Speaker 3: You're what everything go you way and everyone'say his luck. I don't think luck comes into footy. Hard work, discipline, staying longer. And there's some instances that I think we highlighted in the call, but little ones like bringing the ball to ground. Jordan sweets Chase we can talk about he doesn't tackle goal will and drew.
Speaker 1: Those on one bloody percenters that he does. You know, he just turns things around. He's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's it's a fine line and you know what, and last week you got your wack.
Speaker 1: This week you enjoy.
Speaker 3: But the mentality must be if you're going to keep going, getting ready to the top four. Get ready, We've got a flood Sydney and Sydney and opportunity right now. Port was the team after twenty three games that we play. I didn't forget now, but twenty four rounds we were the second best team. We've now earned the right to be the second best team. We're in the final four.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know what I mean. Yep. And realistically, well, it's like to be the best. That's the thing. Yeah, You've got to go to Sydney.
Speaker 3: Sydney will be breathing fire from the last time these two teams played, and only that intensity will.
Speaker 1: Get win you into a Grand Final.
Speaker 2: We're going to head down to the rooms now, Sammy Daddo is down there for us. Sammy, I imagine a very jubilant change room down there at the moment.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Tommy, I am joined by Mitch georgiadis here the rooms as Timm.
Speaker 1: You can hear it to me. The rooms are pumping.
Speaker 18: Just try and walk us through those last few moments in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Mitch.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was an amazing last quarter.
Speaker 17: Wasn't There as a bit of momentu swing both ways, But we just knew what would win in. It was contest pressure that was our the whole day, the whole week. So we knew if we bought that would be in a good set, which.
Speaker 3: Weren't treader phenomenal made. I thought you were great kick three two, nine, touches, involved in lots of play, let into some beautiful little pockets and shots on goal. Can you take it through the week because after when I say the week, last Thursday, the eight days from getting as poor a performance as we've seen. Hey, you go back on the horse what you're focused on because there was a lot of outside noise to throw you off your tracks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 17: Well, well last Thursday was there's not to scratch for us, and and we knew that straight away, and we reviews it.
Speaker 11: We're in the forty eight hours. We are assess it and then.
Speaker 17: We moved on as quick as possible, and we've looked forward.
Speaker 11: To this weekend.
Speaker 17: Like you said, just started over almost and you built the energy through the week. We thought we bought really great energy throughout the training throughout. We want to get better throughout the week. And yeah, it came together nice night.
Speaker 1: Which is great.
Speaker 3: You got Sydney and Sydney next Friday, rest up and take them on.
Speaker 1: We've got a good record against them.
Speaker 3: But the big question probably for us is horn Francis comes off with hopefully cramp.
Speaker 1: Is there anything worse than that?
Speaker 17: You know, that's the world's worst cramp for your records. I still manage to get a ground ball with a cramp. I'm trying to find a ball out there.
Speaker 3: It was funny, goodn't it. It was caught in the center and then the ball comes back to him. But you'd have to be proud about the boys' ability just to hang in because it looked so many times we're almost gone hit the posts. Sicily, you guys go forward, you kick a beautiful goal. We just had that ability that we'd probably nine days ago, thought that's where we'd really improve, and last week was that step back. Did it feel like you were just kicking back into gear and refusing to lose, because.
Speaker 1: That's what I looked like.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, there's almost a time for us to grow up a little bit and show real maturity about the group. Obviously last week was disappointing, like we said, and to have moments tonight. Every player out there had their individual moments and that's what goes across the line.
Speaker 5: Really, Mitch, congratulations a really good game yourself, mate, Love the way you're attacking the football.
Speaker 1: I spoke to Chris Davies prior to the game.
Speaker 5: I said, I loved King's attitude at the media conferences. I felt like he was on edge because it meant something and we weren't pleased with what happened the week before.
Speaker 1: Was that intensity around the whole week's training.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, yeah, it was it. Can you set it up really well yesterday?
Speaker 17: I think we put ourselves in a great position this year to finished second in the ladder and get ourselves a second opportunity. We knew our football was good enough and the moments we individually had it as a teams and I showed.
Speaker 2: That And yeah, sorry, make I was just going to say, Mitch. Obviously, Charlie pulled out before the game, just a virus. He looked like he went through a bit of a searching fitness test but wasn't right to go. Was that the case. He looked like he had a bit of a nasty cough or something.
Speaker 17: Yeah, as far as I'm presuned, I think that's what it was. I think, Yeah, last minute he just wasn't quite riding. Yeah, we weren't going to take any chances, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're, like Timmy said, your moment in that last quarter, two goals in a clutch moment, the hook around the body, the one from forty five where scores were level. I mean, to stand up in a big quarter, in big game, you must be pretty happy with your own work too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was happy with that last quarter to stand I think kicking a couple of goals. Like you said, I thought I competed.
Speaker 17: Well throughout the nine and although I didn't stick early on, I got some opportunities late in the game and I felt like I made the motors, made most of it.
Speaker 11: So yeah, it was It was a nice way to finish.
Speaker 1: You certainly did, mate. Young Burgers had to go back.
Speaker 5: Jase Berglan had to go back to half back, and Jesus looked like he played a thousand games here.
Speaker 1: He was outstanding.
Speaker 17: He was good, wasn't he fires around, He's in the air a lot, he does it. Always pretty special player for a boat that's.
Speaker 1: Not all that big.
Speaker 3: Good nickname too, By the way, Slim Slim, does that encourage you to get that?
Speaker 11: Did she don't know where it's coming from. I'm assuming it's got to be.
Speaker 1: Does that put him off getting in the gym?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I don't think he's a massive fan of the gym, but when you've got his talents and I think you don't need to as much.
Speaker 3: So what's the plan now? If you boys had a chat to Kenny and what's the brief heading into Sydney at the seven day.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we're just trying to enjoy it. I mean, this is a pretty good feeling right now. I think we're they going to a pre living, especially after the week we've had it. Yeah, we're just try and enjoy with our friends and family and then we'll assess it and we'll move on. And it's a big challenged next week in Sydney and for.
Speaker 3: The boys and for the boys who enjoy it. Do you get to have an ale to enjoy it?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm sure we'll one or two in there somewhere after.
Speaker 3: We wash it down with a pizza with a lot, it'll be all good, absolutely breakfast.
Speaker 1: The Championship plays World n Mins.
Speaker 2: You're outstanding to night. It was a hell of a game. It's it's one of the great games we've seen not just this year, but for a long time, and you were a key part of it. Three goals in a low scoring, tough contested final. Congratulations, enjoy it, and good luck again.
Speaker 1: The next week.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Mitch, George Arni's what an outstanding game, and treaders, you were lauding his efforts throughout the game. Three goals off a knee, forty three goals for the season.
Speaker 1: He's been huge, yep. And he's taken every opportunity.
Speaker 3: We saw him burst onto the blocks and then he went through it, you know, and he was a beautiful kicking and something twenty goals two or something early on his career.
Speaker 1: Then got a bit of the.
Speaker 3: Yips and then unfortunately did the knee, and then we're just hoping he could get through a year and just build on it. If you thought he kicked twenty goals in fifteen games coming back, but jeez, he's been phenomenal and he led into beautiful little pockets tonight and he was just taking it at one hundred percent speed, which this hues upside for him.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of this kid.
Speaker 3: He's not a big, big center half forward or a key forward, but six to three launches at the foot. He kicks beautifully and he was a recipient of a pretty dominant midfield which really came.
Speaker 2: To play in that area, particularly early on after the game thanks to Aset Transport Solutions. Need more drivers Aset Transport, Dotte, you let's get back to the phones. We'll go to Daniel out at Windsor Gardens.
Speaker 19: Hi, Daniel Gooday, guys walking walking out of start him as we speak. But yeah, what a turnaround. I think if we look at hard when he played a first game er in a Grand Finals, sometimes he just got a back in the young players in debt and how they go. I thought Sin tonight showed good signs that he was in for the fight. Logan Evans, he was santatic to night. He really stood up at that half back roll without Syston and Barrel and Jordan Sweet. What about that rundown in that last quarter from a ruckman, He looks I was right there, I was right in front of it. He put his head back and stuck it in the deep one. But that's the tackling we want to see him final.
Speaker 14: That's the pressure.
Speaker 19: That's what it should have been last week.
Speaker 6: But yeah, great response.
Speaker 19: It gets tough the next week again Sydney, but if they can bring that in the midfield, then yeah, it's gonna be a great game.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys, great cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, Daniel. We'll keep on moving and we know that Callum Mills is definitely going to be out for the Swans next week. Let's go to Highbury, Michael. He's been waiting for some time, can I Michael?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How are you?
Speaker 20: But I'm going to take you to task for any like obviously we can go on really early at the end of their last boar.
Speaker 13: If they had two posters, are you.
Speaker 20: Watching when they had to hold the balls, they were probably one of the best hold the ball Decause they've got two gold that went out of bounds. They got a goal out of that, so I reckon, we're a three goal better.
Speaker 6: So I'm not a lucky side ready.
Speaker 20: I watched the game and watch property.
Speaker 6: Don't put it down the goal kicking. They've kicked a point.
Speaker 20: Were the two of the best tackles you've seen an AFL game that will give its sling tackles that they've got two goals out then the one at a bench which is a ball and a half out Bandary umpire obviously blind didn't send to get a goal of it, and you've got the nerve to say, oh they keep the two parts they would have won it.
Speaker 6: Come and I get real.
Speaker 2: Not taking anything away from a Michael, I think you just need to calm yourself down a little bit there, mate, and just perhaps have a calming little beer yourself.
Speaker 3: Great win for Port, but to be fair, I recognize said the umpire has got Awthorne back into it. Yeah, three of those goals in that exact second term were horrible decisions.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a great knife. No, no, they didn't.
Speaker 5: And I was feared and we said it that they might be the difference between the result. That's what I was fearful of.
Speaker 1: So let's go to Jordan Corrimandel East get a.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 7: The crazy suppers want to say well done to put Adelaide. They've really growing on me as them as Davis, and I think they deserved it.
Speaker 6: Win tonight went on boys.
Speaker 5: Cheers Jordan, thanks for the call, Mone the support, Good on your buddy, and let's got a trip at Queensland. Uh jeez, Trivia, you gave us called Drom the week, didn't you?
Speaker 1: Did you win? I reckon you were up for a night to me?
Speaker 15: Sorry, mate, I would have liked to. But it's a good during the week mate. Some some's got to work during the week.
Speaker 14: Mate.
Speaker 1: But and you do that thing, oh mate.
Speaker 15: The thing about it is that I normally ring up as we could bend. Here's so disappointed after last week's eft, but you go, well, I was shattered tonight. That is the standard. That is the standard right expect the seed because I honestly thought before the game, I thought Hawthorne.
Speaker 19: Would beat us.
Speaker 15: And you know, I'm embarrassed to say that, but I thought, you know, because after seeing last week, I was hoping for a response, and you know what, we freaking got one. And I thought, you know what, that's what I want to see. If we'd got been I would have been disappointed, yes, but you know, I go we gave it our all and we can never ask.
Speaker 3: Because pregame, I must admit people who are asking me, and I'm going I was not as confident as last week just because of the last week's performance. Probably starts you to doubt a little bit, knocks you around, doesn't it when it's that big a loss.
Speaker 1: And I went did the halftime highlight stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm running back and so many supporters said, this is what we expected, this is what we want, and we're all going, yeah, now we don't know how the game will end, but this is finals footage. This is the pressure level you need to lift to, and they did. So you know, take that on board and go. Now we know what's required to bring. You're going to need it for next week as well.
Speaker 2: Because you know Sydney going to come out so hard. There's such a quality side, especially at home. Let's get to Fullerton. Will is on the line high will they fellers.
Speaker 18: Look, I've got to make a very quick shout out to a friend in Scotland who's asked me to call out this because he wasn't here tonight.
Speaker 13: He was listening to the call on five double A and rushed home from his.
Speaker 21: New job to catch the fourth caller after hearing what was going on.
Speaker 18: So Luke in Edinburgh, give me a shout out. Book a couple of points that I want to throw out there tonight. First thing's verse Zach bud As. Anyone wants to question his courage, look what he did tonight, those rundown tackles. Going back to the flight incredible. The last point I want to throw out there to you boys, is Dixon, Marshall or Vincentini, who do you play next week?
Speaker 14: Sellers?
Speaker 5: Well, if they're going to have to play it tool, I'm not sure that I like. I actually like the look of the team when Marshall came off the ground actually extra run a bit.
Speaker 1: Lighter on our feet. Sydney's a shorter, fatter ground. I probably like the way we looked well at the end to tee the truth.
Speaker 3: And I think our two best forwards for the night Radigalia early lots of contested marks right and then gives your flexibility to play ruck and then also go behind the ball at the end and Georgia Artis And didn't they look better with Burne Jones going forward toward it? Should never have gone back.
Speaker 5: Look again, sitting here last week we picked a part of the coaching errors. This week they got those positional things right.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Charlie Dixon dropping out before the game. I think was a blessing in that we didn't have to play all the tools.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I suspect they sort of expected that to.
Speaker 5: Any who that they got it right because putting Bergorne behind the ball. See, I'm always for people who have played there. Now, burn Jones two and a half years since he played back.
Speaker 3: I was nervous with Bergorne as a body, strength and size and stuff.
Speaker 1: But they got it right. So they get it, they get it right, and Evans played the whole thing.
Speaker 5: So they So you've got to say, Okay, we'll take the hat off tonight and say you did it well.
Speaker 1: You actually got the positional stuff right.
Speaker 5: But you know what makes a big difference, Zir Thatcher wasn't up mentally for the game last week.
Speaker 1: He was outstanding tonight. He wasn't alive.
Speaker 2: Give him stand up and give him an applause tonight for his game he was outstanding.
Speaker 3: Well, let's look at it, right, Evans played a role at five touches, but he played a role, right.
Speaker 1: Did he dominate?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 1: But then you go me Frances sevens? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Georgia Artis is the fourth lastest disposal when he's only had nine. His kicks three indeed was huge early. Burne Jones is eleven kicks, kicks two really good. You know, ALiR was solid all of us, like Sin comes in plays a role. Narkele has played two full games I think in about ten weeks, and one was in the sample.
Speaker 1: He was very good.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Patrick at Morphetvale. Hi, Patrick, How I.
Speaker 1: Good? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Patrick.
Speaker 13: I just want to say that Butters, Rosie and Joel Beach all played very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were good. When was the last one I couldn't hear? Yeah, Goel Beach? H that's run over that one? Sweet sweet, big sweet? Yeah? Yeah, No, he was excellent. He was very good, wasn't he. Joel Beak Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, why he is? Aren't there great? No, not at all. But I think it was Jordan's sweet. I think what Joe sweet?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Let's get out to Berry. Glenn has been waiting today, Glenn.
Speaker 6: Hello, four simple things.
Speaker 23: Jordan's sweet. They calling in Port Adelaide for years. Jordan's sweat outstanding. Tonight, Jose bergoing, that's the outcoming. He's going to run a muck for the next few years and simply struggle coming off of off of buys. Lately, when they've come off a buy, they're a bit slow to start when.
Speaker 8: They get going.
Speaker 23: Tonight is proof of that. Last week they were slow to start tonight. They started well, the game picked up, they controlled Hawthorne, they don what they needed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a good record, Doug Glenn. That off the by thing?
Speaker 5: Is it because somebody else pointed out tow us during the week ports record after a buye isn't great. So actually please that they were able to bounce back this week. Give us ourselves another chance to to what would you say, present yourself in a prelim and you know what, can it be fourth time lucky?
Speaker 1: Just to hope.
Speaker 2: So just a little bit of breaking news. We're getting reports that the coach Ken Hinckley, obviously very emotional finished seemed to be shouting something to the Hawks team after the win, and James Cicily took exception to it. So there might be a bit of fall out on that.
Speaker 1: Is it the Guinnevan stuff see in Sydney or something I don't know, could.
Speaker 2: Be a bit of that, but Ginneban looks like the shot that we're seeing on Twitter. Guinnevan's one of the players in the vicinity. So we'll wait to find out more. Just keep that stuff to yourself from let's go to Kensington Park before you do the talking Jackie's on the line.
Speaker 12: Hollo, Hey there guys, crow S fan. But I think that's the one Poort deserved after years and years of coming up short.
Speaker 6: You know, they deserved one.
Speaker 12: And I think the leaders. You spoke pre game about the leaders standing up and it wasn't necessarily having a label. Well, Jase Bergo and he's he's led his position, doas Bergman, Burne Jones. You know these are it's not the butters or the rose Eve and they were great. Jordan's sweet like advance Toto was number one rock. He wasn't even number one rock. He almost had fifty hitouts against the guy who's been probably in the top five ruckmen in Meeky So yeah, and you beat the Swans by one hundred so who knows. And just the last thing on the Ken Hinckley thing, yeah, he was having to go with Jack Genevan.
Speaker 14: Not a great look.
Speaker 12: I don't think, yeah, yeah anything yet ken So.
Speaker 3: Host broadcaster as Kenny's done an interview with BT I think of that. It's just popped up on social media saying yeah, I sort of ready you've got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's basically saying Jack Innovan said what he said through the weekend. I just told him after the game he wasn't going anywhere. You know what, I don't do social media.
Speaker 1: I just do what I do.
Speaker 2: I probably shouldn't have done it. I should apologize to the boys. I shouldn't have done what I did.
Speaker 1: So emotions get you at the wrong time sometimes, and it.
Speaker 2: Was a highly emotional game and there was a lot on the line. It was season on the line, treat as you mentioned, as well, careers on the line, all of that. It was a big contest tonight. Let's get to Salisbury North. Hi Anthony, Hi.
Speaker 14: Guys, I loved your call tonight. A couple of different angles. On tonight they beat a very good sight tonight Port Adelaide course. On we're kicked to probably go all the way at least to make the Grand Final, and we've touted them. I think we's orchestrated two wins versus them this season, albeit at home, but we've beaten them twice in a row. We've beaten Sydney. I think he cops a lot of heat that.
Speaker 6: He doesn't deserve.
Speaker 14: The players, at the end of the day have to stand up on the day.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 14: Versus Geelong, we did today, and I'm very proud of the boys and how well they played today. They actually played with some intensity and some purpose and showed some pride in the coach that coaches them. What I would like to ask you both is where do you see us going in the next couple of weeks. I think we lack a couple of mongrel type players for a better word. If you look back to our two thousand and four premiership and most of the premiership winning sides, they usually encompass guys that are very forthright, very hard hitting and sort of establish a tone for the game at the start of the game with physical intensity. With the rules today, how do we do that and how can we do that next week?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 5: I think Anthony, the way we started tonight is the way you go about finals football, and I think that has to happen. I was critical of a lot of players for last week not lifting to that standard, and tonight I was just over the moon with the way they attacked the football and also attack the man with the ball. So you know, case in point Zerk Thatcher, I just don't think you were mentally prepared to play the first final.
Speaker 1: When you come out and duck your head twice. He didn't look like that tonight.
Speaker 5: He was courageous, he took courageous marks. I don't All that says to me is he was prepared mentally and that's what it is. You have to lift mentally and physically for finals, and that was a really good example. I don't hat off tonight. I thought he was outstanding. And that's the sort of pressure you're talking about. When you run through the line of the ball and take two or three players with you, that's the sort of tough football that wins finals, not anything else.
Speaker 1: You don't need it.
Speaker 3: And I know you're saying we had some tough blokes, we had hard We'd pick it with Roger James.
Speaker 1: You're super competitive team, but the reality is where do you sit You give yourself.
Speaker 3: A chance of winning a flag. If you play light tonight, you won't win next week. If you play light last week. It's as simple as that. If you start looking beyond seven days game and preparing every day like it's you're playing for your life, then Sydney's not going to go well. But if you bring the intensity and if they can bottle what they've done for what's it now? Eight out of the last ten matches, then you give yourself a bloody good chance to make a Grand Final for the first time since two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Yep, spot on.
Speaker 3: You start looking two weeks their head, you'll full flat on your face.
Speaker 2: Great call, traders, We've just got a few more calls. We're going to get to it before we do, and then we'll wrap up with the awards. Let's have a listen to that audio from the coach Ken Hinckley following that bit of controversy after the game.
Speaker 1: I saw a few words after the game with James Cicily. Was that just a little bit of a ping pong with you and he?
Speaker 24: I'll be honest, so was Jack saidbody said through the week and I just told him marf the game.
Speaker 11: He wasn't going anywhere. And you know what, I don't know social media.
Speaker 1: I just do what I do.
Speaker 24: I probably shouldn't have done it. I should apologize to the boys. I shouldn't have probably done it, but the reality was you throw something away, We're.
Speaker 11: Going to throw something back occasionally.
Speaker 1: Good on. Thanks all right?
Speaker 2: That audo their thanks to Channel seven. That was an interview with Brian Taylor. So he's owned up to it straight away. He said, look, I shouldn't have done it. We just move on treaders after that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well as media streets going that come on, that's gonna on every.
Speaker 1: Show every year.
Speaker 3: Should should he have done it? He said, he shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Probably he knows straight away, but he has jumped straight up and said.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that at least literally to the damage to some extent.
Speaker 1: Just don't get involved in that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that is that's almost alluring you in. And you know, because that's not the last time you play awful.
Speaker 3: But to be fair, and he's not the only coach, He's done it, and Chris Scott's done a few times.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I agree, But I think get the boys in the room and sing the song.
Speaker 2: Let's get out to marry and Sammy's on the line.
Speaker 22: Hi, San, Hey are you Timmy my favorite magpie apart from the great Milan Philetic? How are you?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 19: It was just.
Speaker 22: He was I just rang up last Thursday and I gave my honest true for motional embarrassed it and want to leave the house. But you know, just a bit of ticker and want in the Novak Djokovic heart and will to win, and yeah, that's all I got to say, Timmy. Like I said, I love you mate the treaders as well.
Speaker 12: I love you too, but Timmy the black and white man.
Speaker 22: Yeah, so we're not sitting ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 2: But the wins a win, that's it.
Speaker 1: But I will enjoy this and all, just like the twenty four hour rule.
Speaker 5: You get to be sook for twenty four hours if you lose, and you get to enjoy it for twenty four hours when you're still.
Speaker 1: Where we're going. Yeah, I'm gonna bullshit to ride the cow or the ball. Yeah, not anymore.
Speaker 2: Last week, Yeah, let's get out to angle Vale. Robert is on the line.
Speaker 1: Get a Robert, Yeah, get a fellas.
Speaker 25: Just like to congratulate the Port Adelaide Football Club. And another thing, I would just like to say all those people that rang last week and rubbish the players so called port supporters, I hope they got the nerves to ring either during the week and have another view of what they said last week, because obviously a lot of them are not true Port Adelaide supporters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, Robert, I'll back them up.
Speaker 5: I always tell the story and I used to do this when I inducted the players into the club. My first ever game, I was riding my bike, still training, and I stopped Tom the Chiefs and I went into the store.
Speaker 1: We lost, and I played my first.
Speaker 5: Game and the lady beyond the counter absolutely gave it to me and just pasted me and said, and you'll be dropped to the twos if you don't pull your socks up.
Speaker 1: And I did the right thing. I got dropped, and.
Speaker 5: Six weeks later I got another game and we won. I ride my bike as fast as I could to Tom the Cheeks. I was going to give it to this lady.
Speaker 1: I went in there. I just threw a packet of Chewies down. I didn't care.
Speaker 5: I wanted to give it to her. And she looked at me and she said, that's what we want. Well done, and don't pay for the chewies.
Speaker 12: Off you go.
Speaker 5: You get it, you get it, you get you know what, you get to tap on the back when you do well, and you get the punch in the face when you're done.
Speaker 1: And that's where people pay.
Speaker 3: I know what it cost for a ticket last week, and they're going app every week from the finals.
Speaker 1: As you go on.
Speaker 3: People were just paid whatever for their membership per year to anchor their seats, or to come every week to spend money pretty expensive prices to come down laid over, to eat out for a family.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a huge contribution to footy.
Speaker 3: And when your team doesn't play, you are entitled to voish your frustration. They entitled to leave early if they went that's not me, but you're entitled to.
Speaker 5: But if they went down an enormous fight, you'd go, okay, fair enough, and you know you're being a bit harsh, but all this last week deserved every.
Speaker 1: Piece that thought that the gentleman just said.
Speaker 3: Then we're still loving light, no, and the world's turn and love and light and you're going to be woken. You can't do this and you can't No. If you don't like what you say, it's footy, you'rre accountable.
Speaker 1: And also respond to it like they did tonight and then like.
Speaker 3: Tonight, well done, Yeah bloody good Earth taps on the back absolute praise because if you without getting ahead, if you rob that out next week and you can win, and then you rob it out and you just dare to dream that you think you're alive to win a Grand Final.
Speaker 5: Two high intensity games away from winning a flame and that.
Speaker 3: Is the biggest kickup the butt we've ever seen last week and it's we were all judging where it went to and tonight was in dead glad.
Speaker 2: I love it boys. It's good to just hear you talking about it. Let's get to Benny, who wants to talk about the game. We've had lots of calls.
Speaker 1: High then Ben you with us? Ben, he's done.
Speaker 2: Ben might have just dropped off. We'll keep on going. We'll go to Aberfoyle Park. David, he's waiting for us. Hello there, David.
Speaker 6: Oh how you're going?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good good bye.
Speaker 6: You're a champion. And what do I want to say to you? Timmy is Woodbane North pook Club. Okay, cool, we move from that. Okay, I know you Tim but anyway, but what I want to say about today tonight is the intensity from the word is what you want? And correct the ruckman? Sweet? You know people people can brush about about Ruckman. You know what I mean. They've got to got a certain tap and move on. He contested every opportunity he had to. He knocked the ball forward in the tap and he's done it last year. He's done it. Sorry, He's done it last week and we were just not ordinary in the center to get the ball away.
Speaker 14: But he.
Speaker 6: Won every tap last week as far as I can soon and tonight again he just rushes forward with the ball. He contested the ball on the ground, he moves forward. I think he's got a feature and Burglawn, I'll tell you what, he's got a great mindset for the rest of the way he played the football for the rest of his career. I think because he reads the ball, he's got those gills that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, Carl, thanks for that. We were appreciated, David. It was it was a cree sort of making game for Burgling. Wasn't the way he stood up with his frame.
Speaker 1: We spoke about it.
Speaker 2: It was so courageous and he had some huge moments. Let's go to Craig at Evanston Park.
Speaker 1: Hi, Craig, Hey, go buddy A right, yeah, good? Thanks?
Speaker 2: What did you think? Amazing games?
Speaker 21: I think that the intensity that we started with, it was a very improved performance by the boys, and I Reckon and all the supporters should be proud.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great call. Yeah, I think it was a performance you would be proud of. And well the boys have just been harping on for the last twenty minutes or so. They've just got to bring that same effort again next week. Let's go out to Philip. Hello there, Philip, you want to talk a little bit about the Hawks.
Speaker 21: Well, I wanted to talk about the game itself.
Speaker 14: I said, I rang.
Speaker 10: Before the earlier the sevening and thought that I wasn't personally going to get stuck into the fact that often the team that's coming back after a loss and a bad loss that sort had last week, you.
Speaker 21: Know, they often have the favorites and go against them. And I also mentioned last week after the game that I felt that what Ford had to do was do whatever they could to win before the bye. And the first two games are.
Speaker 10: After the bye.
Speaker 21: They got hammered and they fought tooth and flour to get over the line against against the Saint Kilda to win by two points. And then we know what happened after that. They won eight of their next what they want similar to the next eight games after that one eight of their last nine. And I thought tonight they really set up well and didn't allow a lot of the time Hawthorne had to delay their move forward because they had nothing to kick to and I thought that was crucial in keeping Hawthorne at bay. And just finally I thought Port had enough liman lemon to quell the howk of Hawthorn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, a good call, and and also to take out last week's game. Paul was a number one pressure team in the COM Last week was an admiration, horrendous. So tonight I was back to that standard.
Speaker 1: That's why bring up earlier.
Speaker 5: I think now it's twelve out of twelve teams lost that first one. I've gone and won the semi.
Speaker 2: When they've lost by fifty or more. Spot on and tread as you touched on it. That's why you get the double chance. You weren't it and had that one final call. Let's get to Andrew. Hi, Andrew, are you going guys?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Not bad, great win, What a fantastic game. I'm just thinking about last week, how livid I was about the performance and everything, and I'm just so so fantastically proud of the guys for this game this week, today tonight. Just the enthusiasm that they're pushing the ball, they're tackling, they're going so hard. It was just, you know, I wouldn't have cared if they lost in a way because I just saw that passion there and I think that's great. I'm really proud of them, so proud of them.
Speaker 5: That spot on the effort was there, Andrew, and that's what you want from your team. You want full on effort, and that's what you've got tonight. And they also got a very very good result, three point win that takes them through to a pre link.
Speaker 1: A lot of people question the pressure. I reckon.
Speaker 3: I've said the last four weeks, bring on the pressure. We find out what our people are made of. Yeah, we had a list tonight and a group tonight, in a coaching group tonight, in the club tonight who refused to lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and good on them.
Speaker 2: It was a it was a gutsy win tread as it was really good stuff. We're going to take a break come back with the awards on the other side. This is after the game. Thanks to ACT Transport Solutions Port Adelaide season goes on for at least one more week. After an incredible three point win here at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 1: This is five double a football. As a coach at three years of morning, you think.
Speaker 27: To Ken as a coach at the simmbe Go we just had a win, a great win, talking about how well our team played, instead of coaches in there mounting off to a losing side.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool farm.
Speaker 2: Well that was Luke hodgehn Channel seven after the post match spray from Ken Hinckley with his opinion and Timmy you mentioned it, it's probably going to take on a bit of a life of its own. Well, now, he did apologize immediately after, treaders to I think try and limit the damage, but there's no doubt there'll be a bit before.
Speaker 1: Do you need to do it? Probably not.
Speaker 3: Did he feel like he needed to do it. Yeah, we don't know what was said back. Yeah, I'm not trying to defend it, but he's owned it. There's a lot of club you move on yep there and no one's perfect, No one's backyard it's perfect. But you know, for me as a club official and a commentator, I'm like, yep, move on, move on, game to focus on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've always thought just give nothing away. Yep, that's done.
Speaker 3: That'll come back this time next year when you play the Hawks, yep, move on to Sydney and they prepare like they're prepared this week.
Speaker 2: Leave it in the review mirror after the game. Thanks to acet Transport Solutions, Injury Report Trust Cavalry Adelaide Emergency Department for Personalized Professional Care twenty four to seven. Horn Francis went down with that cramp, but we think it's just a cramp, so he should be all right for next week.
Speaker 1: Tread is.
Speaker 2: The other one was the pregamer Timmy with Charlie Dixon. Yep, I think hooping kow or virus or something. You would think seven days he should be okay, or at least be available.
Speaker 1: Whether they pick him, he'll be available.
Speaker 3: But interesting decision marshall our do they go small or do they bring Dixon back in?
Speaker 5: Looks so much better with just Georgie and say that's that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: And Narcle got three or four game, didn't he He was strong Goal of the day Treaders. There were some huge goals tonight, all thanks to Beach.
Speaker 3: Would I just picked the best? My brain's frozen, real customer home Builders.
Speaker 2: I love Burne Jones goal was good, you know the one again. It was in the second quarter him give him I'm done. What about when he floated down and snapped that one.
Speaker 1: Jase Berg. Yeah, you always come when we've said okay, yep, so then you picked me Mark and Mark as well.
Speaker 2: Thanks him again. Real estate, if you're selling, they have the buyers ready to go to me.
Speaker 1: Do everything.
Speaker 2: I well, a couple of a couple of his grabs.
Speaker 1: I thought he's outstanding. Yeah, absolutely, body of ex body of work. Reckon, you got tied to.
Speaker 2: Treaders.
Speaker 1: This is tough.
Speaker 2: He's match winner thanks to unique homes.
Speaker 1: Now, but it's not okay good as you mentioned, Miss Georgia.
Speaker 3: Artis loved his game, but one vault revoked really fifteen touches, two goals, eight involvements to Jordan Sweet, fifty three hitouts and five fifteen disposals fifty three.
Speaker 1: Which I know.
Speaker 5: Somebody said, how are we going to stop Lloyd meet while I said, well that's Jordan sweets job mate.
Speaker 3: He'd have to put his hand in a nice bucket to bruising with fifty three.
Speaker 1: The chase down was outstanding. And they call him slim. He doesn't like the gym.
Speaker 3: Burgoyne twenty six and a goal pushed her half back. He was best on ground for mine was up there with him with the winning team. You take Burgoyne who was phenomenal and a phenomenal bounce back from last week for him.
Speaker 2: Amazing performance, boys, amazing call from both of you. You were outstanding.
Speaker 9: We are.
Speaker 1: Sydney here right now.
Speaker 3: I'm off, I'm going to Harvest City beautiful.
Speaker 2: We are going to rap well just as we go, Sam Mitchell, just a little bit on Ken Hinckley has just happened in the last couple of minutes. Let's have one final listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 27: I mean, I can only speak on my club's behalf. And if I think about how my club, the Hawthorne Football Club, dealt with the post game, we had a very young player who was having had some very aggressive words said to him by a much older man who's been in the game for a long time, and the captain of my club stood up for him. And so I think, you really, like, it's really tough to sit here right now getting rushed by the AFL.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're at your press conference on time.
Speaker 27: And so I understand the emotions of this time of year are really really difficult, and I'm really proud of our captain who would have been just as emotional, who was able to stand up and lead in a way that he could be proud of.
Speaker 11: We seek to speak to can do that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. How frustrated are you to see that?
Speaker 11: And how that relayed to you from a roller coach?
Speaker 1: That a third question that's off. Okay, I told you this is gonna yeah. Get some legs yeap.
Speaker 2: And there'll be a bit more on that tomorrow, no doubt, and the boys will have a covered on the Saturday Sports show. It will be Graham, Corns and KG again, Treaders, Timmy, thank you so much, Leaf for us coming up, Sammy Dado brilliant, Tom Blake Bank in the studio, also Lindon. It was an amazing game Port Adelaide by three points in one of the games of the season, an amazing response. They're through to the prelim final. They'll take on Sydney. Phenomenal game of football.