Speaker 1: Get a bushy here, and today I'm going to talk to Australia's most likable television host. Like seriously, he's so likable, like nobody hates him. Trust me, I've checked, like I've done a ring around. There's no dirt anywhere, like he makes mother Terresa look like a dirty hoe and Robert Irwin's a pimp. I'm gonna try today to find a bit of asshole. There must be a chink in the armor. So yeah, I'm gonna go bush deep and find that asshole. Well here we are, hey, hey, yeers, Yes, Australia's favorite TV personality and Larry Emda. It's great, Larry, it's nice to be here. I love Larry so much. I love to hit that out. But yet, so Larry, you're really nice, right yeah, no, don't no worry, not leading the witness, but everyone just like I've spoken to everybody, and no one hates you.
Speaker 2: Because I'm just adorable.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at me now, honestly, like i'd go you monk's out of two, I give you one. That's that's the thing. But you're missed a nice guy, right, and you've worked in this industry for a long time. And everyone else is being found out and yet you've done nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Ever, Well, it's only early days. I mean we haven't even started the interview. You might get to something that you don't like.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my plan. I'm trying to find you out. Cheers, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Is this the end of my Is this where it ends?
Speaker 1: This is the beginning of the end. This is what we're going to do. Okay, So let's get to know Larry amder.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I figured like, were you a fat kid growing up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, they're the nice ones, right, Okay, So I'm trying to work like, did you grow up like religious?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, where'd you grow up? Bondai bondy Okay, so you grew up happy obviously, place tell me about your upbringing.
Speaker 2: Go, grew up a bondyeye stupid kid, just wanted to go surfing all day before school and after school really sometimes during school.
Speaker 1: That's why you fit.
Speaker 2: That's what it was fit.
Speaker 1: Now you're still fit a long time ago.
Speaker 2: You're checking me out.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, your inbox on Instagram? What's it like? Is it like filled with battle cats?
Speaker 2: What's a battle cat?
Speaker 1: Like milks but older and more aggressive?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, but there's a few battle cats there.
Speaker 1: I bet what do they say, you know.
Speaker 2: Just the normal stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like what like, what's normal stuff for a battle cat? No, everyone's very nice. Everyone's very nice. I realize I'm an older man there, like older you know, so they respect they respect their elders.
Speaker 1: Surely there's some women who, you know, get the horn they watch buthering Heights or whatever, get the horn and then kind of slip your DM going on. You know what if Sylvie ever disappears, I give you one.
Speaker 2: Surely, surely I can't admit to that here, can I?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The podcast everyone admits everything.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, look at it. There are some strange people on the on social media, and you're you are.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no doubt that I've got the hots for you. So you've got Sylvie right right now. You've been married for decades, that's to.
Speaker 2: The one wife, right, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long have you can I say Sylvie Sylvie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or should I call the missus.
Speaker 2: Whatever you like? Sylvie's fine.
Speaker 1: I think she's all right with you. Okay, So how long have you two been betrothed?
Speaker 2: Thirty one years?
Speaker 1: So when were you doing the prices.
Speaker 2: Right, early nineties, early nineties.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were early days in the relationship then, yeah, yeah, right, so when you're in the bedroom, did she used to say come on? Then?
Speaker 2: Do you know what else is to happen? What in the bedroom? What when she kissed me on the neck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Lower, really.
Speaker 1: You are? I tell it no more? You know what? My favorite sound.
Speaker 2: Is, Larry, how good? That sounds the best.
Speaker 1: Sound, especially when it's a Ben Butler. This is my favorite whiskey, my favorite drop.
Speaker 2: Cheers, cheers. Do you want a straw for that?
Speaker 1: Well? Do all right, wouldn't it? But paper one? I've got to save the fucking turtles. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine, all right, your photos anyway, you're right now.
Speaker 1: I'm flammable, all right now this is.
Speaker 2: Your gold LOGI there it is.
Speaker 1: Now. Look, I've got American people listening and viewing this because this is a podcast, right so it will be on YouTube. So I'm blowing you up in America right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you America.
Speaker 1: He's like, who's the most famous talk show host in America? Harvey?
Speaker 2: Steve Harvey, Steve Harvey. He's good, Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: You're the equivalent of Steve Harvey.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Well you are, I'm explaining to the audience this is our Steve Harvey, just whiter. Well it's fair call, just saying anyway, now this is a gold LOGI.
Speaker 2: This is a gold logo. So can you explain to your American friends what that actually is?
Speaker 1: You just took over because he hosts the Morning Shelve as well, and it just became the Hopes.
Speaker 2: That's a question.
Speaker 1: You've got it asked about Larry. All right, turn around, I'll show you how this is done. This is gold LOGI. Now tell me, Larry, what did you win this for?
Speaker 2: I have to have a look and read it.
Speaker 1: Read it. I found it as a doorstop when we arrived at your joint.
Speaker 2: I can't even read it. It's too small. But it's something about being like most popular.
Speaker 1: The most popular. Now this is like the oscar for most popular exactly. But it's got a ship name, doesn't a logig like so close bogy right ship name? They need to change it. But yes, anyway, evidence you were the most popular personality in Australia on the box.
Speaker 2: But good as a doorstop, right, Whereas.
Speaker 1: I've got the most popular box in Australia.
Speaker 2: Now, can you explain that to the American people?
Speaker 1: They have worked it out.
Speaker 2: So you could you could win that for that if there was a category, Yeah, good for that. Yeah you could win that for that.
Speaker 1: I could win that for that. This is fun. I'm having fun.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're having fun because I'm seeing my career flash perform.
Speaker 1: You're fine.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing my management team going what why?
Speaker 1: I should point out that I had to personally speak to the CEO of Channel seven. Well, Larry's their bitch, right. I had to get permission to have him here today and they stupidly said yes, yes, yes, but so far you're doing all right.
Speaker 2: We're not sure if they said yes, because the email back was okay, it was okay, We're not sure. The next out of the email was okay, let me think about it for six months and maybe it won't happen.
Speaker 1: I just deleted that out of the screenshop that I sent to you, saying that you've got Yeah. Now you're on the chase as well. You're the host of the Chance.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, And they have that in Pommyland too, don't.
Speaker 2: They They do. It's a big show there.
Speaker 1: Flushing hot? How many we had with these already?
Speaker 2: Well that's the second bottle. But I think you're going quite well, I pushy after some whiskey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, okay, let's talk about chase Chase. What do you want to know the contestants? Do you ever look at the contestants and go, fuck, you're a dickhead?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no? Say it? Do you think?
Speaker 2: No? No? No?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: I used to think that's sometimes. Back on the Prices, right, there was some strange activity on Prices, right, but look at people in the chase. Good on you for having a go.
Speaker 1: And also you see that wink. You can't hear it on the podcast, but you can see it on the vodcast. There was a week but no, I remember on the Prices, right, they kind of went for the nutters, didn't they. They'd call them the good TV love the notes, whereas on the Chase, if you call the fat head down, it's going to be a very short game, is that right?
Speaker 2: I really admire the people come in there and have a go.
Speaker 1: Yes you do.
Speaker 2: Don't you reckon?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll back off.
Speaker 2: Would you come on the you should come on the Chase?
Speaker 1: Well, I was a question on the chase, and they got it wrong.
Speaker 2: What would your topic be the movie else that's quite specific specific what would you do? Okay, so after that question for the rest of the hour, taking.
Speaker 1: Over the interew.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Occasionally you have the odd Freudian slip when you're on air because you do a lot of well to say that, like your surprise, So you didn't say I've got full skins. The other day on television.
Speaker 2: I did say that, but there was an accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was it. It was one of those. It was one of those you said it to like our darling Jessica Melboy, the most purest and on television.
Speaker 2: Well, she said, look after your skin because we only have one skin, yep.
Speaker 1: And what did you say?
Speaker 2: And I said, well, we work in television, so we have four skins. But I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say three or five, but for some reason I landed on four.
Speaker 1: And then Kylie lost it, your co host, and then just lost it.
Speaker 2: Whenever you say four skins.
Speaker 1: She is. She into a bit of that.
Speaker 2: Can you stop drinking.
Speaker 1: What I barely touched the surface? We are on the rim.
Speaker 2: Can we not do four skins and rooms in the same conversation.
Speaker 1: Carry all right, next, Ques, I've got to flip the page. Look at us, go, I've already hit on. You have done that, all right? You believing God? I'm keeping it light.
Speaker 2: Come, I have a nice light conversation with.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in God? I believe or something I.
Speaker 2: Think I do? Look around us, Look how beautiful it all works together, and I think I do it.
Speaker 1: I feel like fucking God here. To be honest, I don't know why you'd leave this joint ever, this is amazing. Yes, yes, Jesus, Jesus. Did you know that Jesus Christ was actually about to be called Gary but Joseph stubbed his Tope? Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I know. I'm going to make that a question on the chase. Was before he was Jesus?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Gary meant to be Gary? And he was originally meant to be born in Dubbo?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well that's the best place on the planet, is it not?
Speaker 2: Is it really is?
Speaker 1: You got the giggles, You're You're an easy day fuck. He'll be mine by the end of the third question, here we go. Do you believe in astrology?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, let's do that.
Speaker 1: That's so agreeable because I bang on about it.
Speaker 2: Do you like it? Are you into it? I mean, what's your star sign?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, what's bushy star site? That's a quick question. Let's go with crab on a crab and when's your birthday? Are you sad or something?
Speaker 2: What are you? Yeah? You see you know you've done some creepy research sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done your sinistry. I've done your chart matched up Sylvie, seeing if there's any floors, any chink in the arm and if I could get in there. But not, your moons aren't squared. So I'm fucked happy forever living in Europe and your Pierre de tear bullshit. Sorry, that's not a question.
Speaker 2: That's where's the question.
Speaker 1: Now? Have you ever parked in the parents car parking spot at the shops?
Speaker 2: No? No, of course you haven't. But have you no? Oh? I think you lose your gold logo for that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Actually that's fair. If someone saw you do that, and if you didn't, like feign a limp or something, I reckon you'd be like front page of the Daily Mail the next day.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? They should have parking for gold LOGI people like, should I be able to go to Westfield and just go next to the pram.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think so. It's the weight of your infamy that you carry. It's fucking heavy that normally shopping bag.
Speaker 2: I have people to do the shopping bags. I went to the shot you do.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get blistered your calls at home kind of do were you? Like in every plate? Yes, so you're every plate, that's it's the ducks gat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all I do. I just sit at home. In every plate, yeah, yeah, my favorite. In Australia, every.
Speaker 1: Plate say it right down the barrel?
Speaker 2: Yea already did barrel.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm in Australia. Every plate in Australia, every plate, how much plate chi chen chi ching?
Speaker 1: Or to me you're not getting thank you, I appreciate every plate is where you get the boxes of food delivered.
Speaker 2: Well that sounds good and oh do you hear that? What fish? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You get boxes yeah, boxes of food delivered and it comes with recipes so you don't even have to like think, you just do as you told and all the ingredients are in the box.
Speaker 2: So sorry, I lostrap. So boxes of fish, food of food.
Speaker 1: I'm not Jesus fish.
Speaker 2: So the food comes in a box?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: And what's it called again?
Speaker 1: Every plate?
Speaker 2: Wow? I might look them up? Is that every plate? Dot com dot a you?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is? Fuck? I love you?
Speaker 2: Do we just make some money?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you you did? No? You got food for free? I've got bugger all.
Speaker 1: But you can wash your sorrows away with Ben Butler, the best whiskey on the mark.
Speaker 2: It actually is actually is you like it?
Speaker 1: And it makes you funny? Look at us, look at us? Go now, serious question? Okay, very serious question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, wait for it, it's.
Speaker 1: Coming fish Now you're more fish. You should be out there with rods or do you dynamite stick them? Have you ever done that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't do it either. No, it's not ethicol but fuck be funo fun? And what about flares? You both flares? Do you ever fly them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But yeah? Alright? Cool?
Speaker 2: Have a stroke? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Stroke? What we just went after? Stroke? Anyway?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All right? So you got kids?
Speaker 2: Got kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Two kids? Two kids, thirty one and twenty six?
Speaker 1: Which one for the super hot one?
Speaker 2: Well they're both super hot?
Speaker 1: Well they are, but who's the one who's the poster child? Like for it. We're not poster. That's the wrong word. That feels like John Beney territory. No, the on you post it for Benjiji our son Jai so he's twenty.
Speaker 2: He's thirty one, and Tear our daughter is twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want could it's not available. We'll blowup a spit roast on a Sunday, don't we There we go, we found it.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means. There it is drink. I don't know what. I'm sure this will just fix it. This will fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes it will.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I love a barbecue. Before we get into rapid fire questions, Larry, Okay, has your missus ever given you a hall pass?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Really, but you didn't use it because you're in love?
Speaker 2: Because I couldn't find it. Oh really, A mende is very difficult track down.
Speaker 1: Is she that moral from the nineties? Was she like that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, actress, who's a Amendez?
Speaker 2: She's married to some guy?
Speaker 1: And how do I knock her off? What? Eva Mendes? Oh the actress? You can't even get a name right, shaggy geez.
Speaker 2: Larry to my wife felt pretty comfortable giving me that hall past.
Speaker 1: Then, Yeah, she knew she was saved. Plus she married someone super.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was here doing full guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I know what I say, and he's just ken. She married Barbie's bitch, that's right? Is that who she married? Yeah? But I get that. You know what should be my hall past.
Speaker 2: To see we've got more in common than you're saying.
Speaker 1: No, she's awesome and she's funny. She's hot and she's funny, and she's dedicated to a hater. Now, Larry, I've got a challenge for you. You can say I'm a celebrity to get me out of here. It's a different station. I'm going to say some phrases to you that you probably commonly get, that probably drive your nuts, And I'm going to give you a response that you have to say to these phrases okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you don't have to.
Speaker 1: This has to be consensual. It's called the get fucked challenge. So I need you to say get fucked to the requests.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: You can't say it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can say that.
Speaker 1: Are you sure what?
Speaker 2: You're trying to have me sacked? Here? You're trying to do it. Can we supplement them? Can we use another word for that?
Speaker 1: Get stuffed? All right? Okay, hey Larry Sholls your tits get stuffed. Okay, that's good. You said that firmly. I liked it. Larry. Send us a free bottle of your delicious ben Buckler whiskey.
Speaker 2: I'll do that. I'll get stuffed, get stuffed.
Speaker 1: Fuck, jeez, Larry, you're too nice. Okay, we're at the shops. You're busy. You're trying to close the deal. You've been working all morning. You're trying to get out of the shops, get back to your car park that you parked illegally in. And someone says, Larry, can I have a selfie?
Speaker 2: Get stuff?
Speaker 1: I love it? You hit that hard?
Speaker 2: What nothing the audience?
Speaker 1: You're shaking your head, Larry? Can I have your autograph? My mom loves you?
Speaker 2: Good stuff? But tell your ma my lover back.
Speaker 1: God, this is I'm in a moment, all right, Larry? Can I have your autograph? Mine? Nana loves you.
Speaker 2: What's her name? I'll sign it here, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Get stuff to the icy you Nana? Excellent? Hey Larry, Larry, will you host our celebrity golf Day? For our animal welfare charity.
Speaker 2: Get stuffed excellent?
Speaker 1: Hey, Larry, will you sign this la boo boo for a homeless child?
Speaker 2: Tell him, Larry, Gods.
Speaker 1: Do it? Excellent because the kid doesn't have a home anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm a log. You're going to get me.
Speaker 1: Out of here. Ah. That was the last question. That was nearly That was the get fuck challenge. Now, I was going to get you to hang some like national animals, but we didn't have any rope and we couldn't find any, So we're not doing that. So let's ask you some rapid fire question.
Speaker 2: Oh, wasn't that it?
Speaker 1: Everyone gets thees? No, that was the get stuff challenge. Well, that was the polite version. Actually, they could probably run that on air anyway. Yeah, because get fucked. You can't play that now. You just hooped yourself, he said, get fucked. We couldn't have played that commitment.
Speaker 2: Fig Now you can use it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now it's viable everywhere.
Speaker 2: Except and I see you.
Speaker 1: That one's funny. All right, here we go, Pami or Parma, Pami fucking shag Marry date, Kylie Nicole, Pauline Hanson? What would you do? Who would you shag? Kylie? Nicole or Pauline?
Speaker 2: Who's Nicole?
Speaker 1: Nicole Kidman?
Speaker 2: Who I can see? Is my career ending? That's all. I'm just sitting here going I've had such a nice time. Well, look it's been such a good career.
Speaker 1: You look tired. What do I feel like we need to force it?
Speaker 2: What the what's the options again?
Speaker 1: Nicole Kidman?
Speaker 2: Nicole? So Nicole?
Speaker 1: You shagged Nicole?
Speaker 2: I love Nicole?
Speaker 1: Would you marry Pauline? Would you marry Kylie?
Speaker 2: I think I married Pauline?
Speaker 1: You married Pauline?
Speaker 2: Was the last one dated.
Speaker 1: Kylie Mino? All right? Yeah, you thought I was making it weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're shagging Kylie?
Speaker 1: Are you marrying Kylie?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I find them all very interesting their own way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Shagging Pauline probably not shaking point. Okay, I'm sure that feeling would be mutual, right, shag you because she's what would you describe? What did you say? What the mill? What's the next one up? Battle cat?
Speaker 1: She's battle cat? Okay, she'd show you how to do it anyway. All right, we got stuck on that question. This is rapid fire questions and.
Speaker 2: You really sorry? Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What's the Capital of Australia camera What should be the capital of Australia?
Speaker 2: Bondi Dubbo?
Speaker 1: All right, have you ever been to Dubble?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been.
Speaker 1: How good?
Speaker 2: Is it good? So good?
Speaker 1: It's got McDonald's at either end.
Speaker 2: Imagine that it's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that still a rapid fire question?
Speaker 1: I'm just talking?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Can you sing the second verse of our national anthem?
Speaker 2: Well? Sing mantila? Am I ever going to see your face again? We'll go right in on the horses? Yeah? Yeah, no, I mean I can.
Speaker 1: I love that you're on like the AUSSI anthem shuffle. We're like driving on a country road and everything was skipping. But they're all right that none of them was correct though, need thou radiance? Yeah funk, I don't like it anyway? All right? What gives you the ick?
Speaker 2: The ick? Smoking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not good?
Speaker 2: Is like?
Speaker 1: What about toking on a bubbleberry vapors? You're walking out of the Dunnies at a public shopping center?
Speaker 2: That give me the too? Can you just can you just say it again? I want just one more time. No, I just I just want you. I just want to hear that sentence again heinlick. Do you need the heme lick? Oh my, did you just throw up in my house? That's disgusting, man, she spits. Yeah, take that.
Speaker 1: I just joked on. I'm just worried about your career.
Speaker 2: I just I just need to hear that. That was the funniest I.
Speaker 1: Don't know where that came from.
Speaker 2: Just to it again, all of it, the whole thing, and then don't spit my house again. I've got a really hard rule on kicking people out. Who spit?
Speaker 1: Is that dick? That's another ye?
Speaker 2: Okay, girls in khaki.
Speaker 1: And spit and dribble all over your nice polish concrete floor. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Now just talk to me about coming out of the Westfield toilet again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tooking on a bubble beerry vape. As you're walking out of the public duney in the shops in the plaza, there's water.
Speaker 2: Oh, sorry to ruin your day with water.
Speaker 1: Jeez. Cheers