Speaker 1: Jason Laon on Nomber one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody, and happy for Friday.
Speaker 1: E Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: I am back in Melbourne and you guys are still in La.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't leave. We decided we wanted to stay. We loved it, So we're going to call.
Speaker 3: It the LA Bureau.
Speaker 1: Yes, is that okay?
Speaker 3: We're going to be US correspondence.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you being the US correspondent.
Speaker 1: How did we're going to do all the breaking news from Beverly Hills, Hollywood?
Speaker 2: So relatable? Guys, you stayed there because Chris Hemsworth, our boy, had his movie premiere yesterday.
Speaker 1: He did. It was the world premiere of Crime one oh one last night. It was great. I loved it.
Speaker 3: It was really cool. The movie was good.
Speaker 2: How awkward was Clint at the rec D.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you in a minute. They were in the last twenty four hours. I reckon, We've had five or six of the most awkward things I've ever seen happened in.
Speaker 2: My last Would I have been as awkward? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think he would have.
Speaker 4: Jason, just just a quick taste test. The world's media descended on this one spot in Hollywood and.
Speaker 1: Struggling. You know why. I'll tell you why, Hay, And I'll tell you why after. But you're gonna laugh when you find out why it was so awkward. Now we've got the biggest issue this morning. We have unplugged the phone to connect the radio, so we can't order any breakfast.
Speaker 2: You know what we had a I would be sympathize. I'm okay if you want to disconnect the radio show.
Speaker 1: So what I'm wondering is can one of our producers call the hotel front desk and order some breakfast for us and tell them to bring it into the room.
Speaker 2: We're on the radio, but it's mystery breakfast. We pick what you have.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't do that. We had a late night. We had a late night.
Speaker 2: You got mystery Breakfas's coming your way.
Speaker 3: I'd be eating French onions.
Speaker 2: Super We remember, we've been doing the show from California, no look, because we just wanted to. It was a work trip for us. We had to test it out for everyone because we are giving away a trip for four visit California from Hollywood to wellness and the biggest sporting events on the planet. California really is the ultimate playground. Guys, we give this trip away tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Look, we do give it away tomorrow, but that means there is still time for you to be in the running. So please jump on our website or on the No overplayer up and tomorrow. We actually today, we'll add someone else on the stand by list. Tomorrow someone on the stand by list, and then by the end of the show tomorrow, someone will be winning this holiday for for it could be a boys trip, could be a girl's trip, could be family holiday. Tomorrow someone's gonna win it.
Speaker 2: The good people are quantas will get you over there and back.
Speaker 1: How was your flight home?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were arrested.
Speaker 2: We had a little medical emergency at the start of the floor, but you no, no, no, someone started getting violently ill just as we're about to take off, so we have to taity. No, it wasn't our team. We know they're in they're in fine.
Speaker 3: For they're asleep.
Speaker 2: So we had to taxi back and offload them.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's happened to me before. And no, I didn't get wheeled off, but it happened to me. I was on a plane when that happened, and in La it's quite a long taxi back isn't it.
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 3: And then the going home, so they shouldn't get their bags back?
Speaker 2: Well I think they are'm well, yeah, for safety reasons, I take the bag.
Speaker 1: No, you're heartless.
Speaker 3: I have a bit. I did say there's a flight to take off.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you were sick, I get on the plane in the first place.
Speaker 1: Well, no, maybe they got sick on the plane. Okay, all right, you're both heartless. Thoughts and prayers to that person. I hope they're okay.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, our boy Scottie James ninety four point zero zero for Scottie James.
Speaker 6: It's time to shine Australia. Scottie James in the first place, our boy.
Speaker 2: First place. So he is sitting at the moment and looking good.
Speaker 1: Amaz. There's been some interesting things happening at the Winter Olympics, hasn't there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's about that. There's an incredible story we need to dive into. Just six thirty we got cheating at the games. Hey, let's get into it. This is Taylor Swift fifty thousand bucks to go this morning as well. It's a big one. This is number one hundred. We are on the air thanks to Shelready Express Jays back here in Melbourne, Lauren and Clint still in la They caught up with Chris Hemsworthy in here. That chat a little bit later on in the show. Also coming in after seven thirty. You got a new daddy down at the club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do, Daddy demon.
Speaker 4: Stephen King is a new Melbourne coach and he's going to be This is his first radio interview, which.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: He was the former Geelong cuptain.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you want a premiership with the Cats.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got an issue with the Melbourne Football Club that we need to address with him before the season's even started. And that's oh no, that's the actors that feature in the video.
Speaker 1: Oh no, barras to take every radio nuffy in the country to do it.
Speaker 4: Pretty much Clinton, this is the membership. Yeah, incredible. He thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: I am, and I reckon. I reckon Clint's acting was better than I expected. Yeah, I mean, is that like, can we go to the we're here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the that's the negative oscars.
Speaker 1: It's like for the worst performance, awesome, we should we should come back over for that probably. Look last night though we did go to an actual.
Speaker 3: Movie practional red carpet.
Speaker 1: So we went to the world premiere of Crime one oh one, which is Chris Hemsworth's new movie. We were invited. We went to talk to Chris yesterday to do an interview with him. It's coming up on the show now. We got sent without a technician and Jase for the first time in my life. I was like, I really meet Jace. You should have seen dumb and dumber over here trying to set up the equipment.
Speaker 2: Because a little peak behind the curtain, I'll often show you guys how to set things up or no attention.
Speaker 4: In fact, the the hotel room this morning looks like an episode of e R.
Speaker 3: Like there's cause going bloody everywhere there.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if they're plugged in the right place, but it's working, which is remarkable.
Speaker 1: So we went to downtown last night, which is where the movie premiere was. We jumped in the cars with the entire Hemsworth family, which Clint panicked about straight away because he was like, oh no, we're going to have to get out of the cars with the actual people that people are there to see.
Speaker 2: See the paparazzi going, who are.
Speaker 1: You yeah, yeah, No, Well, Clint, how much have we heard about the broken toe on this trip?
Speaker 2: The toe? Every time?
Speaker 1: Clint's panic about limping was so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You can't hobble out of the car. Can you wear shoes? Jason Force?
Speaker 2: You two?
Speaker 1: You two went shopping and he bought new shoes. And as we get in the car, he's very tight, too tight on muscle toe. So he limped down the red carpet. People told him to get out of the way and move, and I've never.
Speaker 3: Getting stuck it. I kept getting in the way.
Speaker 1: I've never seen someone more awkward in my life. At one point when we got to the movie, though, he had four buckets of popcorn, not one, not two, not three, but four photo premiere.
Speaker 2: I didn't think you have snacks at those things.
Speaker 4: Well, worse to come because the bladder wasn't really behaving very well, and midway through the field might to get up full full theater. I had to get up. I was the only one to get up and have to go to the toilet in the middle of the Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Didn't didn't come in plug the toilet at the theater, at the hotel, did you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, if you had at today was becoming your tag situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: No situation, but Clint shuffling from the middle of the row all the way out at the most poignant part of the film, you would have died, Jason, yourself and you seriously at the point. Look, it's a great movie.
Speaker 3: It's very fast paced, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's like an old like heist film from the nineties.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Margaret David.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we also got ourselves in the spot of bother because generally when you do those interviews with big celebrities about their latest film, you have to see the film.
Speaker 2: Did you tell christ the film?
Speaker 1: We did? He I said it was best performance ever and he said, what was your favorite past seen the movie? Yeah, And at that point Clint said, oh, we actually went to the Super Bowl instead of your screening. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: You just carry the line.
Speaker 4: Also, also, Jason, now, coming up later in the show, when we do play this chat, I make a I revealed something which is so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I did it to Chris.
Speaker 2: To Chris, yes, oh god, if you say you're at home on the center app working.
Speaker 1: Out now, it's coming up. Yeah, it's very embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Sorry Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jace, we give you a hard time, but I really wished you were there.
Speaker 2: It must have it must have been real bad for you to say that.
Speaker 1: Jason Lawrence for.
Speaker 2: California. What's going on Melbourne today? High's eighteen and a little bit of wind around. I'll tell you where it's blue skys and sunshine, and that is California.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we are still here, Jason. You've gone back to Melbourne. Clinton. I stayed for a few extra days. We had some serious business to attend to over here. It's actually not that sunny here today. It's about eighteen. It's about similar conditions to Melbourne, about eighteen and cloudy.
Speaker 2: Strong winds as well. But it is the place of blue skys and sunshine. Christopher joining us on the air today, Christopher, Hey, how are you going well? Are good? My friend? You're better. You're on the standby list doing a trip for four beautiful amazing. You got two boys? How old are they?
Speaker 7: I got one who's twelve and one who's four.
Speaker 2: They would love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christopher, are you going to leave the kids at home and have a boys trip? Or are you taking your kids on a family holiday.
Speaker 2: To come that price memory right there? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, straight to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Well, you're on the stand by list, mate, there's only going to be ten people on the stand by list win now it's the winner tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, awesome, Oh good luck.
Speaker 1: I mean seriously that this is core memos you would be making with your kids. Chase, We've had an amazing couple of weeks over here. You and your boys. What that's what? That's what the girlipop say? You and your boys? Imagine being over here with your three kids. How many things did we do that? People were like, what, Oh, imagine how much the boys would love it here.
Speaker 2: Well, I was so excited to see them yesterday afternoon. By the time I landed and.
Speaker 1: I went home, did they meet you at the airport.
Speaker 2: With a sign? No, they're at school. Oh yeah. I needed an hour to do all my washing, which was most of my suitcase, and then I went to pick them up from school, which was awesome, but I was like, play cool. The ten year old's not going to want to hug in the school yard. Just do a little fist pump, we'll hug.
Speaker 3: What did they think of all yours.
Speaker 1: Did they hug you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I gotta be cattle what they think of your content, jas, because so many people have said to me, Jason's videos have been remarkable, just remarkable to watch, like goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Basically, my wife decided not to show them a lot of the videos of their dad.
Speaker 1: That's probably a good idea.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 1: A few people said to me, is that is Jason really like that? And I was like, oh, yeah, you guys got a real insight to what we see every day. You see quite a curated version on the rest of the socials. But when we did the takeover of the Jason Lauren Instagram account, people really got.
Speaker 9: To know you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was living. When I was putting the boys to bed last night, I jumped into bed with Felix and I did like a slide show. I was like, so this is what dad.
Speaker 1: And slide night?
Speaker 2: Yeah got it? Put himTo bed bloody fast out that This is me on a horse.
Speaker 1: Thanks thanks for going on the holiday of a lifetime and not taking me.
Speaker 2: This is the second photo.
Speaker 3: Did you put the voice on Jennifer's hot dog?
Speaker 2: No hot dogs, Jelifrs.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many people have also messaged me saying did Jace really eat for hot dogs in one day? And I said, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah he did.
Speaker 2: When I when I picked him up from school, I put on the fake accent and Old was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, come on, give us a rundown, give it a crack.
Speaker 2: Dad's back from California. Oh no, oh no.
Speaker 1: Did he say get on the first plane and go back.
Speaker 2: No, he said get in the car quickly and quietly. Hey, you can visit California from Hollywood to wellness and the biggest sporting events on the planet. California really is the ultimate playground. Final chance to get on the standby list, make sure you hit up the overplayer app or go to no FM dot com dot a year. Now, boy, Scotty James has hit the half part this morning pulled the score of ninety four.
Speaker 1: Well, now, I love Scotty James. He said he was going to do things that no one had ever seen before at this Have you.
Speaker 4: Seen the footage? It is incredible. So that's that's step one. That's like the heats is it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, So the rest of the even he.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have pulled out his best moves yet.
Speaker 2: No exactly right, exactly. Remember when we spoke to him and he said the team from Japan had a camera focused on time Spy Games. Yeah, Spye just to see the moves, pull and stuff and yeah, incredible pressure is under.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's extraordinary also happening at the Winter Games. Some incredible moves from a Norwegian by athlete. Now this is the discipline where they sort of ski for a bit and they shoot, and they ski for a bit and they shoot.
Speaker 1: It's quite a strange just skiing and shooting. Yeah, I thought, isn't that one the one where you do ten.
Speaker 3: Different Yeah, that's a decathlon. Oh it's this one by by athlete. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically what happened. He won bronze and in a post event interview, he got really emotional and started breaking down because he admitted on air live to cheating on his girlfriend. He basically said he told her a week ago that he cheated on her, and he says it's been the worst week of his life. He actually spoke again in English. That was the first interview was in Norwegian, but in English just a day ago and again interview. Yeah, that's what he had to say.
Speaker 10: He talked in the mixed about meeting your love of your life and cheating on her.
Speaker 2: But how do you feel about him right now? Do you think it was the right choice.
Speaker 7: Or yeah, really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Today I made the choice to tell the world what I did, so maybe maybe there's a chance that she will.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon. It was a chat from the misso going, Okay, you've cheated on me after your event at the Games, you need to tell the world otherwise I'm leaving you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, I don't know. His girlfriends dumped him and he's won bronze, so he's.
Speaker 4: Having not second best but third.
Speaker 1: I mean what so if he wasn't on the podium, he wasn't going to say that she was a love of his last he won bronze. Well, I also just I don't know. Does it make you feel better having the whole world know about it?
Speaker 2: Don't think so?
Speaker 1: I don't think. So now you're airing your dirty laundry.
Speaker 4: He says he regrets it with all of his heart. Maybe I'm as dumb as a rock. I'm a member of MENSA, but I still do stupid stuff. So he's basically saying I'm really smart, but I'm also very, very dumb.
Speaker 2: I like him. I do like people who are able to move on from a bad relationship and look back and about how stupid their partner was at cheating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it takes time to get to that point. Imagine that poor woman. Not only has he cheated on her, she's now sitting at home watching the TV and it's all over the news. Like that's not helping. He's made it worse.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Brady, executive producer, just before off the air. Do you know this this story about a famous footballer that's stuffed up in a big way.
Speaker 3: Is this the Robert Dippy at a Medico story?
Speaker 2: No, it's a unnamed footballer story. Clinn Oh, Brady, can you tell the guys well?
Speaker 11: In this particular situation, it was on Valentine's Day, which is this Saturday, he did a social post thanking a particular brand for a bottle of champagne and flowers that he did not in fact send to his wife.
Speaker 12: She never received it.
Speaker 2: He's in it to the mistress, but did a post to pay and the booze.
Speaker 1: What No, that can't be real.
Speaker 3: It's real.
Speaker 1: I'm an idiot, so I show I don't trust Brodie, I don't trust the sources.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 3: They got that from Big Footy.
Speaker 2: I would like to talk stupid cheaters, people that are not very good at it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it makes me think of that scene in Love? Actually, I'm still mad at him when he bought the necklace for the Johnny Mitchell CD.
Speaker 2: No Oneill's quite good though. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. In return, I've got two hundred dollars splatters, cheese bar vouchers to go. We are looking for people who dated dumb cheaters.
Speaker 1: Or dumb cheaters.
Speaker 2: If you're happy to admit it and go. You know what, I cheated and in hindsight I was really bad at it. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. How did they get caught out in a stupid way? Dumb cheaters?
Speaker 1: Bring them my own cheaters.
Speaker 2: It is Jason Lauren Clint here too, and we're talking Winter Olympics. Scottie James off to a flying start.
Speaker 6: Ninety four point zero zero for Scottie James. It's time to shine Australia.
Speaker 2: Scottie James in the first place, Unfortunately, the Norwegian team isn't making the same headlines, are they. Clinton.
Speaker 4: No cheating scandal has erupted in the wake of a bronze medal to one of their biathletes. Basically, he admitted to cheating as he was presented with his bronze medal.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he got his bronze medal, and then did a press conference and said, I cheated on the love of my life last week and this has been the worst week of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Obviously, he thought a public confession would make her realize how seriously he regretted it. But I think he would regret it even more now, maybe because if that was me, I'd be like, well, now you've also aired our dirty laundry exactly, Oh, don't be doing it.
Speaker 2: We're talking dumb cheaters. Were you dating someone and they were cheating and you were just like, come on, mate, be better at it? Or is it you? Maybe let's go to Frank No, not better at it.
Speaker 1: But no one's ever said that. You know what, I wish you were about a cheat? No, you should have been better at this.
Speaker 3: I just mean like that, maybe a terrible cheated exactly right.
Speaker 1: Would you be a good cheater because you're a good liar? Whoa, whoa, You've got a good poker face like Clinton has no poker he last jace. You're a very you're very good like even when it's like a joke or whatever. You're like quite the actor when it comes to lying. I think you'd be quite a good cheater. A compliment.
Speaker 2: Just looking at you on the webcam, you both looked like you lost weight and look younger since I've left you in LA Thank you see good liar. Let's go to bow and Frankston la Bot. We're good mate. Were you the dumb cheater or did you date someone?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 13: I was actually the innocent by stand up, but it was probably just as awkward and just as Yeah, not a good moment.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 13: I was in an Uber a bride chair Uber, and the gentleman's phone was going flat, so he asked the uber driver to please plug his phone in. Upon so cart play came up you know how you've got Apple car? And he got a text through the speakers, is she gone yet? See you at your place? At ten?
Speaker 2: And the guy's partner was in there.
Speaker 1: And then what happened the.
Speaker 13: Lady in there, Well, the poor lady, Yeah, she asked the uber driver to pull over him. At least she got out of the car and let me left me with the cheating.
Speaker 2: Was he did he reply to the text?
Speaker 13: He just sat there silently and it was very awkward.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's that. That's as good as the I know guy who stupidly was having an affair and they were sending each other Nulty photos and it popped up on the family iPad because the iCloud was linked in the photos joined his photo album on the kid's iPad.
Speaker 2: How many people have been caught out on the old eye cloud?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 3: How many joys?
Speaker 1: Didn't anyone? You know?
Speaker 2: Whitney is joining us on the No, I don't know. I've just heard stories. Hello, Whitney, are wait good? You know?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: We were actually visiting my home and during a college break, and it was a twelve hour car ride to get to my house. So we're all sitting on the couch. My parents are on another couch, and he hands me the computer and he had been talking to other girls when he left it up and didn't realize that he didn't close out of anything, and so I'm sitting on the couch just reading all his messages and he's unaware.
Speaker 7: Oh, and it's just so stupid.
Speaker 8: And I confront him on the twelve hour car.
Speaker 13: Ride back college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve hours in the.
Speaker 8: And I lost. We were twenty four, and I lost my virginity to this guy.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 8: I was like, are you kidding me? Like three months into a relationship, and he's just.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, for other girls, that's when you stop for snacks.
Speaker 1: That twelve hour car ride would have felt like twelve years for that guy.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm sorry you had to do that to deal.
Speaker 1: With that, that's a terrible story.
Speaker 2: I'm also sorry I had to go on a twelve hour car ride. I mean that on its own, it's tough. Hey, it's just gone five to seven. Lauren and Clint are doing the show still from la Did you guys just get a doorbell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you heard the doorbell. So we've had an issue this morning because we've unplugged the phone to connect the radio, so we couldn't call down for room service and we are starving.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I took the liberty of calling your hotel and ordering you room service.
Speaker 1: It's just a right, thank you so much, sir and Clint. It's it's my room and Clint's just signed the room service.
Speaker 2: At a tip. Don't forget to tip. You got a tip.
Speaker 1: I don't forget to tip. Don't forget to tip.
Speaker 2: There's a teapot, okay, So don't go and look at what I've ordered until after the break.
Speaker 1: No, I just wanted a burger and maybe it's one o'clock we're starving.
Speaker 2: Maybe you will get a burger hung dog millionaire. Stay there and on the other side of this break, we will see what I've ordered for you and you had a bit of fun with that. But also, guys have just received some incredibly sad news.
Speaker 1: That's what's happened.
Speaker 2: I'm going to share with everyone on the other side of this. Well, good morning, Melbourne. It is just gone five past seven. Jcre back in the Nova Studios in South Melbourne. Lauren and Clint still in America.
Speaker 1: America because we went to the world premiere of Crime one O one last night, starting our very favorite Chris Hemsworth. Yep, it's actually Stella lineup amazing caster watch last night. I did see Halle Berry, my Halle Berry was there last night too.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and my other celebrity crazing I think is in it the girl that was in Top Gun, Maverick.
Speaker 1: She's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's in this movie as well.
Speaker 1: So there's quite a celebrity lineup last night. Clint fitted in beautifully.
Speaker 2: Just Chris is doing the media around a lot of zoom interviews with stations. But because you know him, he was like, look, come down to the hotel, let's catch up. And I'm so glad he did because you were all over it when it comes to the recording equipment.
Speaker 8: From the super.
Speaker 3: And that's all the time we have.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look it took us fifteen minutes to set up the equipment. In the interview, you'll hear it here first to us as the work experienced children. He asks us if it's our first day on the job, and Clint made a startling confession.
Speaker 2: Revelation, Jesus, all right, we're going to get to the Chris Hampshire interview just after eight o'clock. For guys, I know you had to unplug the phone in the hotel so he could put the broadcast equipment into the phone line.
Speaker 1: Sorry, lunchtime here and we starving, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and it was a big night. So I've taken the liberty, liberty of ordering your room.
Speaker 6: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what you've ordered. All I asked you to do was to call the front desk because we can't order room service and order me a burger. And a trolley has rolled in and it smells like you've ordered me a plate of feet.
Speaker 2: Would you like to get the smells obscene?
Speaker 4: Okay, So Louren's currently she's got her headphones off. She's walking over the trolley and she's going to wheel it into shot. So how many there's a lot of plates on that lone.
Speaker 2: I build this to your room. Okay, here we go, and I know all you wanted.
Speaker 3: Was the floral arrangement. There's some carnations. What's that That looks like that is cheese?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's picklediflower.
Speaker 3: No, that's cottage cheese.
Speaker 2: Let's run through the room service order. Yes, it's going to be the.
Speaker 9: Slice tomatoes, the chips in order, the chicken sausage, cuttage cheese, the hot chocolate with cream and whole milk, and the macharloche.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jason.
Speaker 1: There's just this. So you've got all the condiments for nacho's, but there's no chips. There's no chips from my dip. What are we going to do them all with our fingers?
Speaker 3: Chocolate?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, it's full cream milk. You know what happens?
Speaker 3: Oh, she gets the ships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, we can't have another soiling feed of different hotel.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we actually can't afford that. What what's that?
Speaker 3: That's cottage. It's good for you.
Speaker 1: It looks like vomiting a bowl.
Speaker 3: It's quite protein. I just wanted a burger, I know.
Speaker 2: But sometimes we don't get everything we warmed?
Speaker 1: Well, how much did that cost?
Speaker 2: Jason with a spoon, you'll see it check out. Hey, guys, some sad news has come in.
Speaker 1: Is it about our room? Seve?
Speaker 2: No, it isn't. This is real sad news. James Van der Beek, who played Dawson on Dawson's Creek, has passed away.
Speaker 1: He oh no, oh, you know they just had that reunion and so he wasn't there, but it was a fundraiser first thing for him, and they all got together and they sung.
Speaker 2: He's passed away, forty eight. He's lost his cancer.
Speaker 1: Really hard he did.
Speaker 2: He was diagnosed back in twenty twenty four. But so I thought this morning a little bit of a tribute, Do we do? I don't want to wait?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love this song. This might make me cry.
Speaker 2: Here's an over one hundred guys. You're still doing the show from LA. You caught up with Chris Hemsworth yesterday. That interview is on the way.
Speaker 3: We did. We did.
Speaker 4: It was a premiere last night, which was fantastic in Hollywood downtown LA.
Speaker 2: I touched down back in Melbourne yesterday afternoon. I was so excited to go and pick up the boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would have been really special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really cool because they miss you. Well, we're away for about eight days. To be honest, that's probably the longest I've been away from it.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, is that the longest you've ever been away from Do.
Speaker 2: You know what Archie said to Lou my wife on.
Speaker 1: The weekend while you're away?
Speaker 2: This one because I stopped talking to them at one point because it was making Archie more upset. So Lou goes, yeah, i'll be best that you don't FaceTime him.
Speaker 1: So then he missed you the most. The little bit attacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's only four, but two days went by and then he fed to lou his dad dead.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: So he really looked to me like it was a miracle. When I rocked up at kindy yesterday.
Speaker 3: To be fair, it did look like you had passed away.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a bit touch and go there the next day, wasn't it sausage tequila?
Speaker 2: Which one? Now? Do you remember me telling you all the boys wanted was sneakers and American candy. That's what they wanted me to bring back to California.
Speaker 1: And as a wonderful dad who is desperate to make his children happy, he left it to the last half an hour before we left to go home to get the gifts.
Speaker 2: That's right. So I made it to the Nike store. I got the shoes.
Speaker 1: But you talked about it all week, I know, but.
Speaker 2: I got there. I got there. And then when we were flying out of la we were tight on time.
Speaker 1: So on just quickly before we get to that, you had to get another suitcase for and you went to the shops to buy a new suitcase and the only one left was baby pink. Didn't you look cute with your your hot pink.
Speaker 2: You please check out the back. Surely you've got one in black or something else out the back. No, no, it's the only one. So all I had to get them was American candy. Couldn't get to the airport because I was I was running for the plane.
Speaker 1: So what do you Because you're too busy drinking the gronies in the lounge than to get your children gifts?
Speaker 2: You done?
Speaker 3: Did you nearly miss your plane?
Speaker 2: Almost? Yeah, came touching it, touch and go.
Speaker 1: But hang on, Auntie Laurie had bought them candy. I bought them cactus candy.
Speaker 2: I know, but they really want to gob stoppers and stuff. So what do you think The first thing I did when I landed back in Melbourne after being in California for eight days, I drove to Morabin and went to the USA food Store.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me, Jason, you're a fraud star. I'm going to tell the truth. Then at one point, at one point, hang on, At at one point he was going to order them Nike runners from the Iconic, have them sent to his house and unpack them and give them to him and say you bought them in America. Well true or false?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 2: But I end up finding time to get the shoes.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that? Well as you're tired as and no.
Speaker 2: I just was running the cheesecake and I asked, should I get the cheesecake to go? But they said it wouldn't travel well back to Australia.
Speaker 1: We're still here. We could have bought the candy back for them.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're not going to wait Dad's home. They want it hey. And then I thought, oh God, have I really butchered this? And then I was talking to Lockier video guy. Can I get Slippy over to the mic? He was having a full meltdown at the airport and I said, what's wrong? And he said, I don't know if I've bought enough gifts home for my partner. And I'm like, oh, what did you get up? Tell the guys what you got, Chintz. After being away for eight days.
Speaker 10: I got a magnet from Palm Springs and two magnets from San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Does she like magnets?
Speaker 2: Magnet gal so she can think about it time she goes to the fridge. Yeah, she magnet girl.
Speaker 10: She does like a magnet from the travels. But the worst part was that was all she asked for was a magnet from each place, and I forgot to get one from l A guy can get Do you.
Speaker 1: Want us to bring you a magnet home?
Speaker 10: I think that would be magnificent.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I didn't know she was magnificent magnet curl. But each to their own.
Speaker 1: Well, no, people like that, because you know what, we've got one of those fridges that's behind the like it's built.
Speaker 3: In its pantry.
Speaker 1: Don't put things on the fridge.
Speaker 2: That's not Oh yeah you wouldn't. Yeah, you wouldn't like.
Speaker 1: Things on the fridge. But I love going to people's houses where they've got things all over their fridge. Magnets.
Speaker 2: We get all our photos from our Instagram reel made into magnets for the fridge, like little square magnets, and we put them on the bar fridge. What are you turning your face up? What's what's wrong?
Speaker 1: You're gonna get the one from the get everything made from.
Speaker 2: What photos we've taken with the kids and stuff through the year, and then you can use an app and you just order them and they come as little square magnets and we put them all on the fridge bar fridge.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean you'd have a big bar fridge.
Speaker 2: So every time you're going for a bee, you've got the guilty look of your family looking at you on the fridge as you opened the door.
Speaker 1: Well, hasn't stopped you?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. I want to talk travel gifts.
Speaker 1: No, I thought we're going to talk what's on your fridge?
Speaker 2: Travel gifts? What have people asked for for you to bring back? You know how sometimes people request obscene things that are just a night me to carry, or someone's brought you home something tragic. Thirty my dad.
Speaker 1: My dad went on a big trip once and I think he went to Tokyo where kids were so excited about He's going to bring us so many cool things. And he brought me a ruler from the Tokyo. You'm like a thirty center made a ruler.
Speaker 2: Do not lose dad?
Speaker 1: So sad, I thought I was going to get something epic.
Speaker 2: We were traveling to a we're living in New Zealand. We came over to Australia for Christmas. He gave me a golf club, just one club, one club. I don't play golf.
Speaker 3: What's it a club? Was it?
Speaker 2: It was a driver?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay? So that's the best club.
Speaker 2: I have to fly home with a golf club, just one club.
Speaker 1: That's annoying.
Speaker 2: You've got to Carrie, I don't play golf.
Speaker 1: Hey, you buy that for you? He just thought, Oh God, the son in laws here are got to give him something. Have these, mate, that's for you.
Speaker 2: Moonlight Cinema, gold Grass double passes up for Grabs thirteen twenty four ten Overseas Gifts what we hit up for. Jake's back here in Melbourne, Clint and Law's still in La. Yeah, you were there because of the Chris Hemsworth interview. We're going to hear that later on in the show. But have your family asked for gifts coming back?
Speaker 1: Well, Paul's here with me actually for this part of the trip, so no.
Speaker 4: Well, actually a question for Jay's I mean, you got your kids something? Did you get your wife something?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I got us all matching I heart LA shirts.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't, producers, but I bought them for my family as well. I'm not believing that you've given them mind the same size as Lou.
Speaker 3: Yeah suspicious.
Speaker 1: No, No, you didn't buy anything for Lou, even though she has been holding the fort perfume or Gallivant in California. No perfume.
Speaker 2: It was a work trip.
Speaker 1: Oh you were Galivant.
Speaker 3: It's a nice new handbag or something.
Speaker 2: Dona in Frankston, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's performed if he hasn't brought his wife one thing?
Speaker 3: I love l a shirt performed?
Speaker 7: No, no perfume.
Speaker 2: It was a work trip, Sonya, she was at home, three children. Anyway, exactly, we are talking to travel gifts this morning, good or bad? What what did you get?
Speaker 7: I didn't actually get a bag, but my sister went overseas and mom and dad wanted a Turkish coffee machine, so they actually loved a massive Turkish a double one from Cyprus.
Speaker 1: Are you could you not have like centered on FedEx.
Speaker 7: Or something that you can get them online?
Speaker 1: Do you actually declare that, Derek, it's more authentic at home.
Speaker 2: We'll remember last year we couldn't get the Ninja slushy machine and we're reaching out to friends in America to see if they can bring it back with them. They're like, that's a big botch to bring on the plant.
Speaker 1: If it's something you can't get, then I get it. But if it's something you can online.
Speaker 2: Well, times have changed as well, Johnny and Chadstone, what did your wife bring back for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Hi, guys, my wife's went away to Bali on a girl trip, one of the duty free alcohol and the like. But all I got was a pair of ray Ban sunglasses. And that's ray Ban with a double N at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got.
Speaker 2: And you've got to be careful with the faebans because an optometress came out and said they're screw and everyone's yeah, really, you got to be caref with the fake sonnies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what do you make the opposite exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, because it's just dark glass not actually like yeah special.
Speaker 2: You go to Bali and then you go to Specsavors in that order. Emma, good morning. We are talking overseas gifts. What's your story? Good morning?
Speaker 7: Now, every time I go overseas, my mum makes me get those spoons, the old school silver spoons you hang around.
Speaker 3: She hang them on the wall, Oh my god, she does.
Speaker 7: And when I was little she actually made me polish them too.
Speaker 1: She's got the silver spoon cap.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy them from?
Speaker 8: Like little sort of like souvenir shops.
Speaker 3: She still find them. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And so how many of you brought home over the years do you think?
Speaker 7: I reckon about thirty?
Speaker 1: That's so sweet though she would be so proud like showing them off as well when she has their friends over.
Speaker 2: Just times have changed, like no, you just hit up Amazon. It can be there on a day, Like I remember my sisters when they were traveling.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're going to do? So lose present will arride today?
Speaker 3: What are you going to get her?
Speaker 2: I got a say, you know.
Speaker 1: What she deserves a week away because you've just had a week away was a trip gallivanting around the cheesecake factory.
Speaker 2: And you took them with a work trip of your own. An overplayer app or go to overfm dot com dot au visit California for your work trip from Hollywood to wellness and work plus the biggest sporting events on the planet. California really is the ontimate playground. A trip before up for grabs. We're gonna offload that tomorrow here on nov. But coming up next our Aussies are making headlines at the Winter Games, so we've got all the details. After this, let's say hi, to our next guests.
Speaker 10: Our next guest is the fresh hot new coach of the Melbourne Football Club. Steven has got enormous man experience, a deep understanding of the game, any unique coaching philosophy they.
Speaker 3: Will drive our football program forward. Please welcome to the show, Steven Kipping.
Speaker 2: Here to take it to the promised Land. Good morning, Good morning, what new coach?
Speaker 3: As that sound must have a temperature.
Speaker 12: I haven't lost the game yet, Clint, So yeah, record at the moment?
Speaker 2: Is this the first official radio interview? Is Beach here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It is in studio.
Speaker 2: So glad you pick a news based show.
Speaker 1: Too, prestigious sporting show.
Speaker 12: It would have been nice had three of you in person, But that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well you know what, King, we can't we Actually we are in California, Clinton Night, Jason at home, but we're over here. Actually we went to the Super Bowl and it was pretty amazing seeing an Aussie punter in the Dixon, Michael Dixon in the winning team. I mean, there's plenty of football players there, any Melbourne players that could one day be punters. Do you think in the NFL.
Speaker 12: We've got a couple of guys that can roost the big ball. Jed Adams young defender who can He can kick at seventy off one step, so he'd certainly be one guys that got fluid kick like Bailey Fridge is a.
Speaker 2: Fluid you know.
Speaker 12: He just does it effortlessly and great control of the ball. So yeah, I think there's certainly motivation. We see a lot of Oozzies now hitting college or going over the States.
Speaker 3: Now, Heyking, congratulations, welcome to the Demon family. As a Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Person myself Melbourne, what does it feel like taking the reins as senior coach of a club? Is it do you feel pressure? Do you feel is it an emotional time? Obviously it's a big moment for your family as well. What's the overriding emotion?
Speaker 12: It's one of excitement and pride certainly, But then I mean there's different pieces to it. Clint, you sort of put a bit of prep in the win the job, and I mean first you've got to believe that you're capable and you're ready, and that probably took me a little bit longer than some others, but certainly you help build experience along the journey, and then yeah, I think you win the job and you're like, Okay, now this is real. Then that little bit of self doubt imposter syndrome, like now how am I going to start all this and get it done? And luckily enough, I've got a terrific bunch of staff and players and coaches especially that have sort of helped, I guess, remove some of the things that I wanted to remove.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've just a high level.
Speaker 12: Of trust and autonomy amongst our players and coaches and just sort of watching it come to life the last four months has been really exciting.
Speaker 2: What about nerves on the first, like, because you're a former player, you can't go in there being one of the boys.
Speaker 12: You're a boss now, No, absolutely, Yeah, it's funny we had a bit of a stagger young boys back first, Then that we had a camp in Bright which was my first official day with all the older five plus years back.
Speaker 2: And can't get on it when you're the coach certainly now, the.
Speaker 3: First one was probably me.
Speaker 12: I wanted to present what I presented to the panel to win the job to our players and staff, just to make sure that they knew what I was trying to be, not trying to be someone else. I've won the job, and then I'm going to act a different way. I wanted to remain authentic and true to what I said I was going to be and do and be held to account with that. So yeah, once you're back in it now, it's just like another footy club and all systems go.
Speaker 1: King. I remember you from being the captain of the Cats down in the Geelong days and you're an amazing captain down there. But do you think having that experience as a captain and a leader of a footy team as a player has set you up for being a better coach?
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly was.
Speaker 12: I think all your experiences a player, being captain, being injured, being traded, ups and downs, winning a premiership, losing one, all those little pieces of experience that you've lived certainly helped shape you to you know, to help guide and manage and understand the journeys your players and other people are going through a footy clubs.
Speaker 3: Because Lauren, you were the first lady of Geelong.
Speaker 2: She was the first lady. Yeah, that's on that statue down him.
Speaker 1: That beautiful wife Daniel was the first lady because he was the captain.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was trying.
Speaker 2: To followed her around because there's something I do want to bring up. I don't know if you're starting the year off the right way for the club, but I have seen a video released and if you want to join the Melbourne Football Club Melbourne FC dot com dot are you to be a member? But you have released a video and you've called on some of your members like ever around Clint stand Away.
Speaker 5: Can't get that image of Nosia off my mind.
Speaker 4: You know what, I can't believe I'm about to watch till my old favorites play for the Suns and Giants in the Expansion Cup.
Speaker 3: It's going to hit as hard as barn.
Speaker 2: Pickt as a LOGI.
Speaker 3: Lauren said off air that it was phenomenal acting.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I said it was better than I expectreferent, inspiring.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 12: I think it was a bit of fun and yeah, I think certainly as a football club are trying to do things a little bit differently, being our supporters and public along for the journey. And I think we're going to have a bit of fun this year and we're going to do things differently. We're going to look different, We're going to be fresh and entertaining.
Speaker 3: So I love this.
Speaker 2: Speaking of different I was just going to say when we're at the Super Bowl, like all three of us were sitting there going there's some things the AFL could learn from this, like the tower Gate parties and the imagine all the range rovers of the Melbourne Football Club members lined up exactly.
Speaker 12: Yeah, No, we can definitely learn a lot from that as an entertainment industry, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Just very quick quickly, King, A lot of people have questioned the culture of the Melbourne Footy Club. I mean, how things going and how have you tried to repair that in the off season.
Speaker 12: Look for me, it's a clean slate when a new coach comes in, and there's obviously been some high profile players that have left out our building, and we've brought in some high character, great, great players and people are going to add to our program. But I think people underestimate the quality of people that already at the Melbourne Football Club.
Speaker 3: So I'd lean on a lot of experience. We've got ten or eleven Premiership.
Speaker 12: Players and we've got so young, young, hungry group that I just can't wait to get going and own it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've had no issues at all so far.
Speaker 1: You're a great bloke. I think the D's are in very, very safe hands with.
Speaker 4: You, Stephen King, John stand Away at the Helm. What a combo writers Rain still.
Speaker 2: Got a few things to shake, but.
Speaker 1: All the best. Honestly, I do think the ds are in very safe hands. I've had a front row seat to watching you captain a team and I have no doubt you'll be equally as successful as the coach of the D's.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Good on you mates. We are live from Melbourne and Ola this morning. Jac in the Nova Studios in South Melbourne, Lauren and Clint still over in californiakas mercer. Chance to catch up with Chris Hemsworth yesterday, good made of yours. However, bad start to the interview. You're going to hear what happened just after this morning.
Speaker 1: We got there though I thought we weren't going to have an interview at one point.
Speaker 2: Bad start, but we got there.
Speaker 4: I also went hunting photos at the after party. There was a photo star spotting.
Speaker 1: Wait until you see his portrait.
Speaker 3: Photo.
Speaker 4: There's like a photo type booth that you know imprints the actual name of the movie.
Speaker 3: So crime, I run like I'm the start.
Speaker 2: And you got in it yourself.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'll set it to you the second. Okay, that's still Tom for that and our chat with Chris Chris Emsworth. But first I want to talk a little bit of politics because Jim of Jim's Mowing. Now, I didn't realize that Jim of Jim's Mowing had a surname. Alas his name is Jim Penmant.
Speaker 1: His name was Jim Mowing Kim.
Speaker 2: Penman and he or on on the cash flow.
Speaker 4: Well, because he's turned Jim's mowing into everything, hasn't he like bore keeping cleaning.
Speaker 1: I've had Jim's window I've had Jym's window cleaning.
Speaker 3: Oh really, traffic control, traffic control?
Speaker 2: I hang, I don't go through the list. I've got some.
Speaker 3: I've got Jim Well, now busy.
Speaker 4: Jim might be a politician because he's going to run for the Melbourne seat of North kit again.
Speaker 3: Mowing Jim's mowing.
Speaker 1: What the mayor of North kit.
Speaker 4: No in State Parliament. It's a real slim margin at zero point two percent. The Labor MP currently holds it. But if Jim has his way, he will be sitting in Spring Street.
Speaker 1: What's his name? Jim Penman Penman, so that so much money he.
Speaker 4: Cracked it at Andrews, didn't he he did, and back in twenty twenty four he as an April full stage joke said he's going to start Jim's Party, like an actual political party, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: People would vote for Jim's Party. Is there anything Jim can't do?
Speaker 2: I think you imagine, imagine the nature strips in that area that'd be on.
Speaker 3: Point North could look fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'm just going through the services, Jim, So you mentioned some of them, do you know.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What do you know? There's Gym's Jumping castles and Party High. There's also Jim's tobar Plus.
Speaker 1: What's what's Jim's tobar plus like?
Speaker 2: So they come and put a Toba on your car. There's Gym's driving skills.
Speaker 4: Jim will teach you to drive, that makes sense, and gym does you ready for it?
Speaker 2: Jim's life coaching.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I want to be life coached by Jim's mowing, because Jim's mowing different.
Speaker 2: There's Jim's mowing, then there's Gym's life.
Speaker 1: Cap but it's the same gym. I'd like Jim to coach me into how to start a billion dollar business.
Speaker 2: And then there's Jim's I t they go up against you know those nerds in the car.
Speaker 11: I love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had the nerds. And when the nerds come to fix your computer or your Wi Fi, they leave you with the packet of nerds. They that's strong, the lollies, the candy. What does Jim leave you.
Speaker 2: With a bill that is strong? I love that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so he's running for parliament, could go now. I would trust Jim. I would trust Jim.
Speaker 2: Jim's hazard as material and Jim's energy.
Speaker 3: Jim's energy.
Speaker 2: Jim's energy is bringing out a competitive red bull. He's going to take on the energy drink.
Speaker 1: He's got an energy drink.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's it's electricity, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We go one simple question, five thousand dollars. It is that easy. Then we're going to be hearing back our chat with Clint Lauren and Chris Hemsworth and how terribly wrong it went at the start.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it was fine. It was fine. We couldn't get the equipment set up and for a minute I thought we were just going to do an iPhone video.
Speaker 2: We got there.
Speaker 4: There's also a really embarrassing revelation which you'll hear soon.
Speaker 2: Michael from mill Park, Welcome to the show. Good morning, morning, good morning, all right, doing the school drop off then off to work and in need of a holiday, brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, anywhere we'll do, anywhere.
Speaker 1: We'll do well. Five thousand dollars would definitely help get you on that holiday. And I believe you want to go for a hard question for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Let's do it five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, Michael, here's the rules. You're going to hear a question and you'll hear three two, one countdown. You must answer before your time is. We've had a few close calls recently where people have answered just after the buzzer and it does not count. So get your answer in good luck.
Speaker 2: Now, here's the go. You can travel back in time with the Body Shop's iconic Drew Berry range. It's juicy, fruity and Sarah nostalgic. It's available in stalling online at the bodyshop dot com. So I thought, let's run with that theme. Let's go back in time been a nostalgia for today's.
Speaker 1: All right, good luck, Michael.
Speaker 2: Here we go for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: What year did the television show Friends debut?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 2: One? I did five?
Speaker 1: What did you say? Ninety five?
Speaker 9: Nine?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I was nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety four was wasn't it?
Speaker 7: Jase?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I loved Friends.
Speaker 2: I want to show it.
Speaker 1: Was Jennifer Aniston. Honestly, I just you met her, haven't you?
Speaker 3: I have yeah, lovely lady.
Speaker 2: When you met her, did you tell her that you took a photo of her from a magazine to the hairdressers when you were younger and said I want the gen Aniston?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't tell her that. I thought I thought about it. I thought about it after a few sharp nose, but I did not mention it.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: She was the girl that I took to the hairdresser all the time. It was like, I look like her?
Speaker 9: Was she?
Speaker 2: What was she like in person?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: She together on the bars the Star Bust.
Speaker 1: We went to a dinner party together, and I remember I was like, I can't just they're only ten of us at this dinner. I was like, I can't go up and be like hi, I'm Lauren. And I got there before her, so she had to then do the round you call it jen or Jennifer and say hi to everyone. So she had to introduce herself to me, Hi, Rachel.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, imagine if you did that at the start.
Speaker 1: You know, I was so nervous. I probably would have said Hi, I'm Rachel. Hi, I'm Rachel, or no, I'm not Australia.
Speaker 2: And then you would have run with that all night.
Speaker 8: Paul.
Speaker 2: I've just told her I'm Rachel. That's my new name.
Speaker 1: Now I didn't embarrass myself.
Speaker 2: I don't help about that. Five. Okay, question returns this time tomorrow. Now coming up next, I'm back in Melbourne at the nov Studios in South Melbourne. You guys still in LA for a very important reason.
Speaker 1: Yes, we caught up with Chris Hemsworth yesterday because last night was a world premiere of Crime oh one. We went to the premiere, walked the what was it a white spit here in Hollywood, Clint. We also went to the after party, where Clint took it upon himself to go and do so. Have we got the photo there? He did a portrait of him in front of the in front of the.
Speaker 2: Movie backdrop, like he was the start he could have done a year and said good.
Speaker 1: Nice and mate your man Hi on four.
Speaker 2: Good morning Melbourne, this is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren. Clint are as well. We're doing it. Thanks so mates to she already express. I am back in the nov studios in Melbourne. You guys still in California for a Los Angeles, Los Angeles and from Hollywood to wellness and the biggest sporting events on the planet. California really is the ultimate playground and you guys got to experience that firsthand. Yesterday we did.
Speaker 1: We have the full Hollywood treatment, Jase. We went to downtown la to the world premiere of Crime one O one, starring our very own Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 3: We walked the red carpet or white carpet, didn't we?
Speaker 1: Yes, you waddled up it with your little broken term.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear the professionalism of this chat. This is Lauren and Clean one on one with Chris Hamsworth.
Speaker 6: Our next guest is an Ouzzy icon, a sex symbol, and Lauren's personal good maids.
Speaker 5: Were very very good friends, I'd say one of my best mates.
Speaker 3: His new role is a bit different from Thor as he leads the staked cast of criminal thriller Crime one oh one.
Speaker 5: Those high value items your company insurance Mike's will make them disappear and.
Speaker 2: No one gets heard. Please, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Chris Helm's work well, Chris Hemsworth, Hello, my friend, Hello, my friend.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're very well. We're thrilled to be here in LA for the world premiere of Crime one oh one.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Best movie I've ever seen you in.
Speaker 5: I heard you you've seen it and loved it. Thank you for all the wonderful compliments you got us. If you can tell the audience why you loved it and your favorite parts, specifically, the super Bowl is great, that's what I heard. You entered the super Bowl and didn't watch the film. You have watched the film.
Speaker 1: We haven't watched the film, but we're here for the premiere tonight, so we're going to watch it tonight.
Speaker 5: And that's the best way to see it. Often I do these interviews and people have watched it on their laptop and so on, and it's like, oh, you don't get the full experience. So this is deserves the big screen, and that's what you're going to see it tonight.
Speaker 1: That's what we thought. That's why we waited till tonight.
Speaker 5: That's the only reason you entered the Super Bowl was too so you could come to the premiere tonight.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, right, nailed it. What I do know about the film is that it is a it's different to what we're used to seeing you in.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, different film, a different characters I've played before. It's it's a pays sort of tribute, I guess, just a sort of an homage to the eighties, nineties, early two thousands highst movies, the classic films that I loved watching I've always wanted to be a part of. But we don't tend to make too many of them anymore. But there's a sort of a grit and authenticity to it. It's crazy. Car Chase is an action but complex characters and emotional depth, but it is it's a character driven thriller. And there were you know, the films like Hot a Heat and Collateral were films that I grew up loving, and to be in one now was a dream. It's one of the best experiences I've had.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was going to ask these are the kinds of movies you loved watching when you were younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: And and I've done so much in this sort of action space and the fantasy space. I was looking to do something that was grounded and at a character that was more relatable than a guy with a hammer and a red cape, which I love doing. But this was a nice little departure from that, and this script, when it came my way, provided that opportunity. And also I think for an audience, we don't tend to see these films anymore, you know.
Speaker 3: Films like, Yeah, there's a bit of nostalgia.
Speaker 5: There is a nostalgia. Absolutely, there's I mean the classics that a highest film. Highest films offer such a beautiful structure as far as storytelling goes, anyway, there's a you know, you're constantly building to a big crescendo, you're building to a big heist, and so what it promises a certain you'd lead del but it provides, as far as storytelling goes, a edgy your seat type momentum. And and for me, you know, looking at the how they got to certain places is always the most exciting. Like you look at Ocean's eleven and those films, it's all in the build up and there's a lot of that, and there's.
Speaker 4: Cool cast as well. We were, Laura and I were just talking about in the car on the way here, how fun was it to work with with those guys.
Speaker 5: Amazing cast, Tale Berry, Mark Ruffalo, Barrick Yogan, Monica Babaro, Nick Nolty. It was like I signed onto the film first, and then each person that came on was like Christmas morning unwrapping, you know, your favorite presidence. It was like she said yes, and he said yes, and off we went, and everyone just kind of you know, it lifts your game when you work with people of that that level and that color.
Speaker 1: So you don't know the cast when you sign up to a film, it's you first, and then they walk around you.
Speaker 5: It depends sometimes, you know, it depends where in the you know, in the process you are. And I've signed on too plenty of things like last you know, and you come in and go, oh cool, this Susan involved, Whereas this was like when you sign on first, a sort of a leap of faith in you in one hand, as far as you know, I hope everyone else thinks it's as good as I think it is. And you know, I spoke to Mark Ruffalo first, and he called me and said, oh man, this is one of the best things I've read in years, and we got to do this. Let's go and then and then it carried on from there.
Speaker 2: We are on the air with movie star and good man of yours Lossy, Chris Hemsworth. We're gonna hear yes, more of that coming up next. And I believe things get.
Speaker 1: Personal, well they do. Yes, he plays a thief.
Speaker 3: In the movie good Thief, Right, handsome thief.
Speaker 1: Clint put me on the spot in front of my friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a question that I asked Chris Hemsworth that made Laurence squirm. And we'll hear it next.
Speaker 1: We are here in la We caught up with Chris Hemsworth yesterday and last night we went here the premiere of his brand new movie Crime When I Want. I loved it, Clint. It is brilliant in it. It's very different for him, you and laws.
Speaker 2: You and Chris have years of friendship, Clent. Was it the first time you're meeting him in the flesh?
Speaker 3: No, I met him once before, but you don't be more time I did.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, I was actually, yeah, I was hugging a lot of people at the at the after show drinks last night.
Speaker 1: You went straight up to Matt Damon and gave him.
Speaker 3: Did get hug?
Speaker 2: You gave him a hug?
Speaker 1: Actually Matt was like, oh my god, it's clint. He straight away was like, Clansia Clinser do Hi, boss Clincier do Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, then I asked for a photo. Did you get embarrassed.
Speaker 1: A little?
Speaker 2: Did you do you ask for the photo straight away?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, it was later and the night was after he'd gone to the photo booth at the premiere and got a portrait of himself.
Speaker 2: We will post those photos on our social.
Speaker 3: Now you won't.
Speaker 2: Right now, this is part two of The Guys. Catching Up with Chris.
Speaker 5: Comes to a moment when you realize you don't know it as much time as you.
Speaker 2: Thought you had.
Speaker 1: Today's The World premiere. I know you've been on the road for a couple of weeks. What do these weeks look like for you? Kind of behind the scenes for those who just see you roll out in all these etears, And what is to a day like today look like for you?
Speaker 5: Well, you sort of every two to three days in a different country or a different city, so you're kind of battling a bit of jet lag, and each each ojel, I try and make make sure there's a sauna in it because it's one of the best kind. It just gets me out of that jet lag travel fog. But I'll get up, have a train a sauna if I can. And then it starts at kind of you know, eight am. You get your silist and your hair and makeup and all make your looks at it pretty, and then off you go and interview after interview after interview, and then a screening at nighttime and whether it's live TV or you know, big talk shows in the States, you know Jimmy Fallon and so on, and then the big premieres like tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he does it because we've been away for a week. Our diet is consisted of what hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Chili fries. I've run out of I've run out of unders. I'm pre born today. Like how you do it?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: How do you do it?
Speaker 5: How do you keep you get to a point where you're about to collapse. If it went like one week further, you'd be in trouble. But I mean when there's enthusiasm like and I do genuinely love this film, and the response has been, you know, hugely positive, and so I'm so thankful for that. That keeps you going. I've been impressed to us where it's not that case, and that's like, that's a grind to talk about trying to get up in the morning, and it's like, you know, can I call in sick today?
Speaker 4: It's like, can we talk quickly about you as a thief? What sort of thief are you in life?
Speaker 2: Generally?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I want to ask Lauren the same question. Have you ever stolen anything of Chris's?
Speaker 5: Oh? Wow, just my heart?
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean he's only human. No, I probably yeah. I've got a couple of your hoodies at home, I think from probably left over from parties. A couple of your base.
Speaker 5: Hold night so off you.
Speaker 1: You've never asked for those back. I've still got those, but you want to you.
Speaker 5: Actually, weren't mine? I stolen from Paul's What goes around Comes with you?
Speaker 1: One of three brothers? Did you guys steal off each other a lot?
Speaker 5: We didn't never heat to steal. No, there was nothing of worth was like up a household where it's kind of pretty minimal. A lot of love, but there wasn't any kind of you know, I look at my kids and they're you know, stealing each other's you know, Nike shoes and you know, rip curl hoodies or whatever, and we couldn't afford any of that. So it was like, you know, stealing my Target T shirt. Have it look or Liam, I don't care.
Speaker 1: There is a lot of love in your family, though. I mean, I caught up with your parents last night. I saw Liam last night. It's pretty amazing that you live this outrageous life, but you all spend so much time together, you all support each other. I know, Liam's just flown in for a few days to be here for you tonight. It's a pretty extraordinary family unit that you've got. And as a friend's it's pretty amazing to watch you as a family.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and I feel very grateful for that and very aware that it's not always the case, you know, and for us, it's just been part of the course we've you know, we certainly have our me and my brothers, our conflicts in our confrontation, especially in the early years, but we I don't know, it was that sort of when you care deeply about someone or something, there's there's there's there's passion. And we have great role models as from our parents to to model what you know, to support system look like. But I don't know, we we just you can make a conscious effort to do it. But it's like anything family or friends, it's it's like who you choose. And and I was lucky enough to be birthed in amongst a couple of guys that were like minded and have the same sort of enthusiasm to sort of grab a hold of life and have fun and have a good time and support one another. And and so every time I'm in a premiere and they've made the track from overseas, I don't take it for granted.
Speaker 4: I've also I've also seen how you guys interact in the way that Lauren and Paul speak about you and the family as well. It's really really special, really lovely. You've got a great friendship. But you guys have a lot of fun as well, right.
Speaker 5: Too much fun sometimes you know. It's yeah, you know, make some good decisions and some bad decisions.
Speaker 1: Don't we And we're all there for each other, for each other, And.
Speaker 2: How you're a good person.
Speaker 5: People like you, don't worry, pick yourself up. I give those speeches to No one's ever told me that because perfect I've put it is perfect.
Speaker 1: Hey, congrats on the movie. I'm sure it'll be terrific when we see it tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. Valentine's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 5: This is the movie to take your partner two you love one.
Speaker 1: There is any romance in it?
Speaker 5: There is there is, there's romance, there's thievery, there's cat and mouse, psychological warfare between detective and the thief myself psychological warfare.
Speaker 1: Sounds like every relationship. Perfect for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to see it. Thanks to Okay, we love you, love you too. We hope this interview works because we don't have a technicis in here?
Speaker 3: Hang on?
Speaker 2: What do I do now?
Speaker 13: Lord?
Speaker 2: You got a voice on? It doesn't cheat, Lord, it does. It's coming. She's bringing her Ultrasound World Tour to Australia, playing arenas in fair tickets on so you can get yours just to Frontier Touring dot com. But you know what, guys, mhm, Keeley and accident doesn't have to do that. Good morning. Hello, Hi, take it to yours.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much, No worry, I'm so welcome. Have a great time. That's going to be an amazing show.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 8: My mom such a big fan, so I'm looking forward to taking her.
Speaker 2: You not a fan, You don't like her?
Speaker 8: I like her?
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: You good daughter.
Speaker 8: No, thank you so so much.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Mum and daughter night out at the concert together.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Concerts are like, it's such a great thing to do with a parent or a sibling, like yeah to pink pink.
Speaker 7: Oh my.
Speaker 2: He wanted to put one in his house after that. Remember, Bobby was like, I want to fly around as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, he can't be doing getting down.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Actually, my twelve year old Felix said to me last night, I want your tape to a concert. Oh no, sorry. They went to Guy Sebastian a couple of years back. But yeah, I wasn't invited.
Speaker 1: So so what concept does he want to go to for his first concept?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You just said pick someone big, you know, I really want to go to a concert. And it's funny.
Speaker 1: Sharing's coming.
Speaker 2: There's lots, I know, but it's funny. You brought up clink because I thought of, yeah, the story where Lauren always talks about her and Bobby going like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one thing I love doing. I went to Selene Dion with my mom. It wasn't that long ago actually, and it was we talk about it all the time.
Speaker 2: See. I don't know if the twelve year old will be into Selene.
Speaker 3: Maybe more a Conrad Seel kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Then again, he might like Selene. It has just gone t tone I hate. We got more tickets to go to Lord tomorrow, so make sure you are listening. Sabrina Kapana, good morning. This is an over one hundred. We're on the air. Thanks mate to she already express. That is it. We are an outer here. The lovely melch Asena is in next JC. Back in Melbourne, Lauren and Clint on assignment in la catching up with a James Worth.
Speaker 1: Yes we did that. We caught up with hem Zy went to his premiere last night here in Hollywood. We had the full Hollywood experience, didn't we We did. Have you shown Jason your photo yet?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is a photo that we got at the premiere. They had this sort of media wall type thing set up. Can I see you sort of, yeah, you can see it.
Speaker 3: You can see it.
Speaker 1: Did you send it to him?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: My goodness. So there was a media like wall set up, but it took like a portrait of you and made you the star of the movie poster.
Speaker 2: Oh god, okam.
Speaker 1: He was the only person I knew that went and got a photo on this. Are you ready to be unkind?
Speaker 2: No, of course not. And just to recap when, because you're good mates with Matt Damon, Matt was there when when when Matt saw you, we obviously gave you a big hug glass and then what did he say?
Speaker 1: He goes, hey, loz he Oh my god, it's Clint. Clint's here too. It's a bit of a catch crime.
Speaker 3: You got that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we have to look.
Speaker 3: Like a Hollywood movie star.
Speaker 2: No, that makes the movie look like it's going straight to DVD.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you for being Look.
Speaker 2: That's going straight on the ground. Jason Lauren on socials. Can we get that up as a story, brilliant?
Speaker 1: Hey, we are still here in la today and tomorrow our last two days. So's your final call for requests, Jason, If there's anything you forgot to bring home for the kids, we can pick it up for you.
Speaker 2: More important, more importantly, guys, it's the final twenty four hours to get in the running to win a trip to California of your e This is incredible. We are talking Quantus flights to get you over there, and then the fine people that visit California are going to set you up with the ultimate trip. Chuck in ten grands worth of Quantas hotel vouchers. There's travel money. All you have to do to win this trip is go to the novaplayer app or nov fm dot com dot A. You've reached your details. Tomorrow morning, final person on the standby list and we call the winner.
Speaker 1: Oh, someone wins it tomorrow and I could.
Speaker 2: Teen out like that was a trip of a lifetime. I love it on every bloody bit of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did we. That's why we didn't come home.
Speaker 3: We're not coming home. We're loving it all Star weekend. This weekend, I think I must stay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's lots of basketball staying in our hotel. Well, see if we can get a chat with the basketball.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible, terrible spotting celebs. Travis Kelcey was in our hotel. I know at San France.
Speaker 1: I know it is, and Tom Brady, yes, I know. Oh my god, I didn't miss them.
Speaker 2: Hey, we are out of here. Melchisen is in next. We'll see tomorrow and go to check out that photo's.
Speaker 1: So good as well.
Speaker 2: I think it's the finger point for me.
Speaker 3: Jason, Lauren, Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.
Speaker 8: I