Speaker 1: We got ready, get me the morning every day. Our next guest is fresh off the blocks from the Paris Olympics, taking home silver in the one hundred meter free behind Can Zendley. He's the certified owner of a ton of snakes and lizzes and a heap of test.
Speaker 2: He's a basket, He's to his.
Speaker 1: Norwegian princess and has an unrivaled passion for the port Lincolns. Out there, Egels and please welcome King Kyle Charmers.
Speaker 3: Oh so one known that Kyle Chalmers.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Carl, good morning, Oh Paris, My goodness, you did us so proud once again, tell us about the experience it was.
Speaker 4: It was an incredible experience.
Speaker 5: Obviously, the Olympic Games is something that you work so hard for for so long, so be there and be a part of the action again with special and yeah, this time I really made sure to blow blow things down a little bit and enjoy the Olympic experience. You know, you never know have many more I'll get to if I get to another one, so I really want to to make sure I made the most of it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I loved every second this sum a round.
Speaker 3: So mate, just to touch on that straight away.
Speaker 6: Did it feel like there was was it a room or was there a feeling this was going to be your last Olympics? But you haven't put an end date out there at all, have you?
Speaker 5: No, I've never put an end date out there, so it's kind of random.
Speaker 4: That people kept thinking it would be.
Speaker 5: My last Olympics and that I'd be retiring. Obviously I've been around for three of them now and there's only been one Australian male go to four Olympics in swimming, So Jesus, maybe the stats through against me, but for me, I love my sport, I love swimming, I love the lifestyle. So I'm definitely going to keep swimming for as long as I possibly can. So fingers crossed, I make it to La and then who knows what happens after that.
Speaker 1: So cale you would have been a teenager for your first Olympics. If you go through to Brisbane, I think you'll be around thirty four. What a vastly different experience for you as a teenager into your thirty swimming at your fourth Olympics.
Speaker 4: It'd be crazy. Now, well would you must bear as La before that? Twenty twenty eighth, so.
Speaker 2: Goodness formation.
Speaker 3: Skip the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I just skipped over four year.
Speaker 4: Sorry Carl, You're good.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think even now, like a from an eighteen year old to what I experienced this year as a twenty six year old, Like, it's a very different experience. And obviously my life is now, my priorities have changed a little bit, and what you what you get out of the competition kind of changes as well. But I think it's very beneficial being an older athlete that feeling your games like you, I've been there, done it before, so the pressure and expectation feels a little bit less.
Speaker 4: And you know how to handle yourself a little bit more. So, Yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you immediately after a competition, are you let's let loose type operator?
Speaker 3: Like does your diet go at the window?
Speaker 6: Do you have one or two weeks where you just sort of really let it go or do you always? Are you in shape to a month a year?
Speaker 4: Nah? I think this time around. Obviously it's a long time.
Speaker 5: Between in this Olympics and the next Olympics, So for me it's important that I have a little bit of a break and a little bit of a mental refresher and just try and be a human for a little bit. So not that my diet goes out of the window, but I do put on a little bit of weight because I'm not training and eating probably as much as I would be if I still was training. I'm not much of a junk food eater as it is, so still eating pretty healthy, but definitely putting on a few kilos, which is always annoying.
Speaker 1: You are obviously engaged to the Beautiful Ingboard as well.
Speaker 2: Have I said that completely incorrectly.
Speaker 5: You've done a better job than I would. I just call her nGy.
Speaker 2: So you've got a wedding coming up.
Speaker 1: You don't have a date, But does this mean you're going to hit the trading work side again to earn a bit of extra cash for the wedding?
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I was actually considering calling my boss up today and seeing if I could go in there, but just got a few too many commitments still on in my first three days back in Adelaide in the last six months, So I'll probably get back.
Speaker 4: There next week. I reckon get back.
Speaker 5: On the tools, which I'm really excited to. Just probably decompressed and unwined. I think it's again just trying to bring the human side out of me and be back with my mates on the on the work side.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty excited for that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, wedding to plan at some point. Obviously just freshly engaged, so I didn't realize you have to then start planning the wedding straight away. But and he's pretty excited about it also.
Speaker 4: That's probably a her job. I think.
Speaker 6: Just be like the rest of us, Cayle and don't do much. You just turn up on the wedding day and you just say all the right things, look sharp and just be cold charmers and you'll be absolutely fine.
Speaker 4: That's the plan, I reckon.
Speaker 3: We are catching up with the one and know only Cole Charmers.
Speaker 1: Yes, and a little known fact about him hazy. He almost very much almost got lured to the AFL.
Speaker 3: I think we've spotted you having me to kick at a Port.
Speaker 4: Lincoln before, was it I did last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I mean for some of the teams out there as well.
Speaker 6: You're not aligned to anyone, so they could add you to the list no points, you can just slot straight into a team for ahead of finals.
Speaker 5: Well you got to three games, but my heart lies with Lincoln South Eagles over over home. I'm on the board over there and one of the major sponsors of the footy clubs, So if I was ever to play football again, I'd be going straight home.
Speaker 4: To Port Lincoln.
Speaker 1: There was some suggestion Kyle, early on in your career that you might walk away from swimming and have a crack at an AFL career.
Speaker 2: Is that completely and utterly out of the question for you?
Speaker 4: It is out of the question now for sure.
Speaker 3: Was there a time, Yeah, there was definitely.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: I think swimming for me was my second passion, like I always wanted to be a football player and following my dad's footsteps.
Speaker 4: But twenty twenty I.
Speaker 5: Met with Geelong and did a big recruitment sit down about being a Category B rookie, and they said to me, if you're going to do it, you'd have to do it after Tokyo. And at that stage my shoulder was pretty stuff like I meet to have surgery on my shoulder, so I didn't know how I'd come back to swimming from that. So I strongly considered going down the foot footy paths and that was a cool experience being able to go through recruit a meeting with them, and then I went for a kick a footy with my great Sam Jacobs and he just said to me, you know, your top top one or two in the world and your sport. Do you really want to go to being forty fifth on an AFL list that never played a game? And I think that really resonated with me. So that train went out of the window at that stage and have never looked back, like I'm and.
Speaker 4: I'm a realist.
Speaker 5: Also, like, there's so many guys that trained their whole entire life to the AFL players, and there's so many talents that I went to school with that were way better than me and better than I ever would be, and they never made it to an AFL list. So I know that I would never have played a game if I was a Category B rookie. It would have just been sitting on a list and probably for a year and then be pretty lost with life. So I'm pretty glad that I stuck with swimming. I love it and I can't wait to continue on in it.
Speaker 6: Compare on contrasts the three Olympics that you've been to Paris, Where does it rates?
Speaker 5: Probably number one. I think Tokyo was challenging just because it was COVID and there was no people in the crowd. The rules were pretty strict, so that was pretty tough. And then Rio Rio was fantastic. But I think I was just too young to really understand what I was there, what I was doing, and what I was achieving, and what it meant to be an Olympian. So I think being able to go their third time around, like I said earlier, slow down and then enjoy the Olympic experience, it meant. It means so much to be me, to be an Olympian and to represent my country, and to then have success and stand on the podium like to come away with the silver metal individually and obviously a couple other relay medals, but that individual hundred freestyle makes me so proud. So paris number one for sure, and it's fresh in the memory also, so.
Speaker 3: That helps rust.
Speaker 1: I guess there was a bit of controversy posts swim. Were you sort of disappointed in that? Did you just want to sort of, you know, bask in the fact that you were a silver medalist and then there was all this stuff going on, and then the Chinese swimmer came out and said a few things. Did you just want it to be all about how you felt at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. And I think I handled myself the best if possibly could, Like I was super proud of myself that, you know.
Speaker 5: I spoke to him in the martial room. I spoke to him in the pool as soon as the race was done. I shook his hand in the water, and then on the podium we shook hands and had a chat. And then I had a big chat with him and his coaches, obviously with a translator because he doesn't speak all.
Speaker 4: That much English.
Speaker 5: But I really felt that I'd done everything I could and conducted myself really well.
Speaker 4: And then that came out.
Speaker 5: In the media after one hundred freestyle, and I thought that's pretty pretty weird. And then I actually reached out to him because I was just getting thousands and thousands of Instagram messages and comments, and then they started targeting friends and family and it just became pretty stressful, especially when I was still competing for the four or five days after that.
Speaker 4: So it was a.
Speaker 5: Lot to probably take on and probably to at extent ruined that little moment for me, Like, I was so proud of my achievement and what had just happened, and then that all came out, which is a hard stressful thing.
Speaker 4: To go through.
Speaker 5: And then but to be fair to credit, he did he did speak to the media and turned it all down in the end and that it wasn't true and must be miscommunicated or whatnot. So that was that was really good of him. And since then everything's calmed down again, so I'm actually able to kind of reflect positively and enjoy the moment again.
Speaker 2: See that miscommunication.
Speaker 1: My first thought is that translator maybe wasn't saying exactly what you were saying him on the right message, and maybe that's where it all went pair shape.
Speaker 4: No idea, but it was very confusing.
Speaker 6: Cole, before we let you go, you've been doing this for a long time now, and so you're in it and you might be used to it. Do you understand the enormity of what you've done and just what you are achieving? Like that might sound like a silly question, but have you had a chance, Like how do you realize these outrageous things that you're doing for this country?
Speaker 5: I have no idea. I think that I just do it, like at the moment, it's my job and my passion and what I love to do.
Speaker 4: It's almost it's.
Speaker 5: Almost like having a hobby really, But I think it might come until I've finished something that I'm able to reflect on my career. And there is times when I sit down and try to reflect and be like this, this is incredible what I've achieved. But also there's always the next in competition and the next thing you're working hard for, so you kind of bring the metal home and put it up in the box and tuck it away in the cupboard and not there it for a long time again. So I think it'll be once I've finished something that I'm able to reflect fully on what I have achieved. And it is crazy, I think, but probably needs some time to break.
Speaker 4: It all down.
Speaker 6: Hey, by the way, there's only one King Kyle, and he comes from Port Lincoln exactly.
Speaker 2: Very proud forlancod boy, Kyle Charms.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for spending some time with us. Good luck with all the wedding preparations that you will have absolutely nothing to do with, but we we love speaking to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, appreciate thanks so much having me on.
Speaker 1: It has been a massive, massive news week, so it's been very busy in our respective newsrooms, no doubt about that. So you can imagine the comic relief when last night we were all getting it.
Speaker 2: Are TV's attuned to Channel ten, We're about to.
Speaker 1: Watch the fruits of our labor and we're coming off the back of the Bowld and the beautiful and Ridges lying in bed with his new girlfriend and they're just heavily discussing the fact that nothing is ever going to come between them, and then something dramatic happens and the door opens and she screams, and that is the leading to ten years. First, have a listen. Tonight, former leader unleashed David Spears makes bold claims about Liberal Party annihilation. Well, Kate, God, because Kate wouldn't have known that was coming.
Speaker 2: She would have heard it in her ear.
Speaker 1: She would have been like, what.
Speaker 3: Oh that is classic reach too. By the way, isn't it always came himself in trouble? What an absolute love rat?
Speaker 1: I know? And he wasn't with Brook last night, and I'm thinking, oh, I just need to get up to speed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't with Brook, wasn't with Taylor oh Man.
Speaker 3: Leader.
Speaker 6: Now that we've got your attention, here's the news headline.
Speaker 3: The Liberal leadership, well played, bold and beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's talk about Dan Houston because unfortunately last night went to the AFL appeals bald and a pause rather and it was upheld.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so five games suspension stands. Which man Stan Houston.
Speaker 6: As it stands, probably has played his last game, not just for this season but maybe for fort don't.
Speaker 1: Well. Can I just say, all Australian defender two, what does that do to their Grand Final hopes?
Speaker 6: I think it does plenty to be honest, because to to talk like other people talk, Dan Houston's a freak. He's a bit of a unicorn, and not just his skills, so I rate him his top handful best kicks in the AFL, but also described as from decept.
Speaker 2: Mark the sexiest kick in the air.
Speaker 6: He's got a gorgeous kick. It makes me really like football. If you've got the boying sound effect in their Zoey back in.
Speaker 2: The studio, who you'll know what it does.
Speaker 6: So he's crucial in that back line. Ryan Burton probably comes back this weekend. But there's only a handful of all Australian defenders. Dan Houston's one of them.
Speaker 3: He's very very good.
Speaker 2: It's only one Dan.
Speaker 1: Sadly you haven't heard from Dan this week because it's fair to say everything that happened has happened, has hit him really, really hard, and you can understand him not wanting to front the media.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred percent because and we said it yesterday. He's a really good guy guy. He's a really normal guy. So when you see all these character references about him being so positive, that's not blooney. He's a really upstanding footballer and person. So yeah, no doubt he'll be taking it really hard. Last night was interesting because I was trying to argue that the initial hit once again wasn't high and it wouldn't be classified as high. So they had new evidence, new steel shots to try and prove that he got him sort of.
Speaker 1: Mid rift but used a paint can analogy. Yeah, something about the lid coming off a paint can, but the lid is still a part of the paint can.
Speaker 2: Excuse me very much.
Speaker 3: There's a few question marks that that tactic.
Speaker 1: Was the big Julux dog out the front of the court room.
Speaker 6: What what It must have got to the stage where they're like, we gotta try something, we gotta try something. Wait, wait, wait, it's like my son when you're like, mate, it's bad times.
Speaker 3: Wait wait I'm thirsty.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait, it's a paintcad.
Speaker 3: Alright mate, I'm thisening. Oh so that's a shame because we're hoping.
Speaker 6: Obviously port will hope for three games, which means he would definitely plan a grand final if they got there. Four games would have given a glimmer of hope. But now five games it is absolutely squashed. Big question marks now and if Paul can probably make it's that important.
Speaker 2: Mate. Crouch probably about his fifth night in ya, how's it young?
Speaker 6: Gosh, no doubt right now, he's probably missing one or two teeth at neck, tattoos will be just starting to dry.
Speaker 3: You'll have a few mates in there, a few connections.
Speaker 6: So look, he's going to be a dangerous young man when he gets out, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: What a bad boy.
Speaker 2: Bad boy.
Speaker 3: Has anyone checked on the Port Adelaide supporter's hat as well?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's the got severe concussion.
Speaker 1: It's still in the Rah's an induced comer.
Speaker 3: Wow, watch this space.
Speaker 2: What a vicious hat assault that was.
Speaker 6: We'll give you updates as soon as they come to hand. By news read Abbey in the newsroom. Unbelievable week it's been though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been. It's been.
Speaker 1: It's been intense, but also mildly ridiculous.
Speaker 6: It's just a showdown that keeps on giving and we will probably keep on talking about it until Saturday night when the Crows play, and then Sunday when Port Adelaid plays. Absolutely why not, because here's another thing. Matthew Nicks is now going to speak today instead of Mitch Hinge because obviously there's going to be a lot of aftermark for Josh Shelley getting dropped?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? Anyone will ask a question about that?
Speaker 3: I hope, So we'll see watch this space, I think so.
Speaker 1: And get it right because I can attest to his firsthand. If you ask Nixie a question he doesn't like it, he will look at you like you are an absolute moral.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for breathing.
Speaker 6: So this is going to be a very interesting space today to see that Matthew Nicks has to say about that situation with Shelley.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 6: There's still a lot of football news circulating benefit it is this story that will keep on giving false headlines, probably until the end of time.
Speaker 3: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 1: Aren't the gossip mags having an absolute field day?
Speaker 6: My god, They're just sitting there and like, here we go. What has an inside source of a source told this sauce who's related to someone close to the sorce?
Speaker 1: And then what did the tomato sauce say to the barbecue sauce who knows.
Speaker 6: They're in direct competition? Ull believable stuff. They'll just keep on coming through. So the recent one that I saw was that Ben Affleck spotted with X Jennifer Garner hours before divorce is filed with Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 3: And you're like, that's the mother of his children. They're going to see each other every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not unusual for a dad to pick up his cues from the X.
Speaker 6: It's just ridiculous. And also, I mean keeping you out for this one. Watch your screens. This all hit in about half an hour's time, breaking. A source close to Lopez claims this singer recently said I'm sick of this sack of crap always moving around the house.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's always angry, still sad all the time.
Speaker 3: I think that was via TMZ.
Speaker 6: Yeah, expect this to drop by the Daily Mail in a matter of moments as well.
Speaker 3: This one is a little bit shocking.
Speaker 6: The last straw, Lopez tells a friend close to a source, Affleck was recently caught cutting his toe nails whilst sitting on the toilet. This has pushed Lopez over the edge.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: To be fair, that's grounds for divorce in any.
Speaker 3: Relationship, isn't it.
Speaker 6: And finally, this one, which I think a lot of wives can probably connect with. Expect this to hit possibly the Daily Mail, possibly TMZ who knows, just scour this one on the internet. Exposed Affleck poosed with door open. Furious, Lopez says, enough is enough. That's when she said, do you know what? It's time to file for divorce.
Speaker 2: So she said, I want to go back to being Jenny from the block.
Speaker 6: Thank you, And look, we're not pushing any of this false news. But listen out there for all the lads, shut the door when you pop. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Were a long and happy marriage. Shut the door when your shit.
Speaker 3: Interesting time of the week right now, Yeah, I'd like.
Speaker 1: To I'd just like to reflect on everything that's happened and pay homage to the beautiful work that you do each and every Monday to Friday.
Speaker 6: Andrew Hays, you look me in the eye and you say it's called feedback. Sweaty always an interesting space. This is the week that was in the beautiful eyes of Jerdy Oddie.
Speaker 2: Dear diary.
Speaker 1: Well, this week was big, you guys, as we promised to maybe but possibly not unlikely we will but potentially could give away but not really one hundred million dollars. Someone take the air siren off, hazy please do.
Speaker 3: You want to win?
Speaker 1: These guys are breaking the words our Andrew took far too much interest in my lady parts.
Speaker 3: You're listening out for a choice of art song. Do you feel like that could happen just after seven o'clock?
Speaker 2: Just wait, let me just tune into my body. Yes I do.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm feeling them. I'm feeling that in your waters as well. That's strange, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's gress. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Probably asked you not to fill my waters ever again.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you're off in a different direction.
Speaker 2: This was also big.
Speaker 1: My husband cheated on me this week, you guys, not really, just in my dream.
Speaker 6: That's probably the only space where we can say that we're victims.
Speaker 3: We can't control what you dream about it.
Speaker 1: I was the victim in the dream because I was like, oh my god, I've got to start again. And in my dream, I was like, this is going to be my third marriage.
Speaker 2: What are you doing wrong?
Speaker 3: Goodness me? I could have run through a checklist now, So any other gregs out.
Speaker 1: There, Hazy confuse vegans with gluten free.
Speaker 2: The Port Admiral Hotel.
Speaker 1: Great for gluten free, which is very important for the audience at the moment. We have a little Celiac in our househ suddenly gluten free.
Speaker 3: As a Thigan gets a go that's nice.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Got nothing to do with being a vegetari.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Now let's head to some of Bay where we all said rip Felicity's.
Speaker 2: Say goodbye to her.
Speaker 1: In her hospital feed they had to turn the last support machines off.
Speaker 6: Who's Felicity and what's going on? It was so I didn't know the last sport machines located on Summer Baby.
Speaker 3: It was a sleepy little beach down.
Speaker 1: She had an aneurysm. She was just standing there, mine your own business.
Speaker 3: I'm about to have an Aneurysm.
Speaker 1: We reminisced about the time you too released that huge album Songs of Innocence.
Speaker 2: But I had to redeem himself after he forced his music on the entire planet. Remember that when it dropped into a thing and he couldn't.
Speaker 3: Get rid of it. It was a gift, but it was one of those gifts.
Speaker 6: It was much like when you cat brings in half a rat and you're like, this is disgusting, and the cat's like, excuse me, sweetie, that's a gift.
Speaker 1: Songs a song, song, song brought me absolutely devastation once again.
Speaker 3: On your berdy.
Speaker 5: What a journey an good stuff mate, that we got carried along the finish life.
Speaker 3: But I guess what win's a wind score to eleven nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'm furious about that because I said it the second time.
Speaker 2: You have to give that.
Speaker 1: You have to really simply don't because you have to get it right the first time.
Speaker 3: Ben, Can you please thank Jody for that win.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much for your help.
Speaker 4: But we got hearing you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, okay, Ben. I'm sure you're a lovely man, but on this occasion I will say shut.
Speaker 2: Up there meantime, off air.
Speaker 1: We also spoke about animals that turn your partner off or on.
Speaker 2: Am I right, Suit?
Speaker 6: Is it true that sometimes this snake will lay itself next to you because it's sizing you up, they can swallow you.
Speaker 3: Have you heard that? Really? Have you heard that before?
Speaker 4: Suit?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I have popa and I understand that to be true.
Speaker 6: Have you ever woken up in the middle of night and you've been half consumed by maline?
Speaker 3: Maybe not that snake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of animals, welcome to Pest Control one O one with Andrew Killer Hayes.
Speaker 2: Not here to you know what to spiders?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 6: Collect them and put them outside so they can go back to their families. Yeah, that's what I tell the kids.
Speaker 3: Might catch a spider. Oh, they're just not visiting their family.
Speaker 1: Squad and Matt Crouch got arrested in charge with flicking at port supporter's hat off at the showdown.
Speaker 3: What's he going to do? What's he going to do?
Speaker 1: And it was hot Crouch, What a bad boy?
Speaker 3: The mug show.
Speaker 1: And Abby made sense of the big Benefit split. I guess the message here though, is no matter how lonely or old you're getting, don't go back to your ex.
Speaker 2: Soorry to our boy Crouchy.
Speaker 3: Shows.
Speaker 1: My friend Ben shut up, sorry about that, mate, Go off this weekend Kings and Queens All my love Jody's.
Speaker 3: Battle of Baners.
Speaker 6: The Battle of the Bangers used to be my little bunny and now you have taken that from me.
Speaker 2: It's actually given you that impression. I won it last year.
Speaker 1: I won the whole thing last year on the Queen the Battle of the Bangers.
Speaker 2: You got off to a flyer this year.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is DejaVu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got.
Speaker 6: To fly last year as well. Yeah, and you came home strong. What's going on? I am Sydney's once, Yes you are. I'm about to absolutely prove the bed in.
Speaker 1: The finals, which is good because dresses we were as well. So you're all red and white.
Speaker 3: Like heritage Sydney, Sydney South Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Okay, so for the uninitiated, we both choose the song.
Speaker 2: It goes head to head.
Speaker 1: You get to vote for it on the Johnny and Hazy Instagram page.
Speaker 2: We have a theme eachin every week.
Speaker 1: This week's theme is fight on the back of Showdown, where just everyone was going at it every which direction that you looked in the crowd with the mascots, with Matt Crouch, with Joshua Shelley in.
Speaker 3: Incluting Adelaide's number one bad boy, Matt Crouch.
Speaker 6: Of course, who is what night four or five in Yatler Yeah five now.
Speaker 1: But it's good because he's made friends with Benny and selbu H.
Speaker 2: He's got a bit of protection in there.
Speaker 3: Ship's at Bullhead. They called Bennie very dangerous characters.
Speaker 1: Also luckily for Matt Crouch a big Adelaide Crows fan, so he's offered to provide protection.
Speaker 3: Excellent. It's great because that's the sort of allies you need in jail.
Speaker 1: And also, we don't know how long Matt Crouch is going to be in there for committing the crime of flicking your hat off a Port Adelaide supporter.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 6: Look, if you asked for it, all that supporters, he should be given life because what he did was just almost unforgivable. Man, How how can that hat possibly live a normal life after it got belt at that heart?
Speaker 2: I completely understand.
Speaker 6: That hat's still in concussion protocols. We don't know if it's in hospital right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, all right, Well, think of the hats everybody.
Speaker 6: All right, your song, Jodes, you chose Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks for introducing my song.
Speaker 3: By the way, the link to Fighting well.
Speaker 1: Because there was that massive few between Taylor Swift and also Katie Perry over backup dances back in the day bad blood that buried the hatchet. Now, thank god for that. Because you hate see a high profile between two beautiful ladies.
Speaker 6: No, we hate seeing all that sort of spice come out in the media.
Speaker 3: That's not interesting at all.
Speaker 1: And you've just gone a really obvious song because he's got Fighting the title Beastie Boys.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: I really want this song to win because I think it's an awesome song and I just just might surprise you. But that Taylor Swift song that you played before, I've actually heard it before, have you. Yeah, I've heard it played before, so I just haven't heard this song for a farewell.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's quite a niche market that you've gone for this week.
Speaker 2: I mean you've targeted the.
Speaker 1: Seventeen eighteen year old boys that are going out this weekend and.
Speaker 2: Yes, looking to get on it.
Speaker 1: That's your market, yes, and hopefully they've voted accordingly, that's small, little select group.
Speaker 3: And you've targeted Planet Earth collective Taylor Swift fans. Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you wonder why you're trailing at this point.
Speaker 6: Gosh, fifty six to forty four percent of you're winning right now, okay, which would take you what to fifteen to thirty.
Speaker 2: Don't get ahead of yourself.
Speaker 1: God, still, this still twenty six minutes before the die is cast and your fate is known.
Speaker 6: All right, winning song will be in OUs Like you said at eight o'clock this morning, Please don't for min at Jody and Hayes on Instagram, joj you.
Speaker 3: Better believe it doesn't matter where we are.
Speaker 6: Even when we're at Jill Kenny Primary School for Friday's Live your school, we will still speak to Ryan Fitchy Fitzgerald Friday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, guys, sorry, I'm on the phone, but this is my one phone call from Yatlas.
Speaker 8: So do you guys know any good lawyers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Can you say hello to Matt Crouch for us? Please?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Crouchy Granya high.
Speaker 8: Mate.
Speaker 7: I would have done that at a port supporter as well.
Speaker 4: See in the cell.
Speaker 8: You know what I love Crouchy's passionate and Crousey was the one that went over, and obviously a few of the boys went over after eyes that got knocked out, But yeah, he probably you know what, you can front up to a port supporter, but you don't have to knock his hat off us, see you.
Speaker 7: But I do love Crouch, his passion.
Speaker 6: I just I just I've known of worse experiences and I've spoken about this before Fitzy, but I know it's a different level. But in the sand for my first year, so I would have made two thousand and six, my housemate at the time was having a bit of a wrestle on the sideline with a Port Adelaide supporter and then all of a sudden, bang he got knocked in the head. And you're like, which port adelaid play did that come from? It was a supporter who leant over the fence, punched him in the head and then ran off.
Speaker 8: My gosh, We'll going out to Elizabeth was always a pretty scary time, hazy for any visiting footballer, that's for sure. I like getting spat on elbowed in the head.
Speaker 7: And that was just from your planet's Chewy do that.
Speaker 8: I just took him a couple time.
Speaker 3: Chew he wasn't he your brick?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And Eugene, why are you used to do it for me as well?
Speaker 8: Back in the.
Speaker 6: Day, Eugene, Eugene had some mart Eugene.
Speaker 1: Fitzy, did you ever have any run ins with supporters though, because I just for the record, I think this thing is so ridiculous, Like, no one got assaulted except for that poor hash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had some cushion protocols.
Speaker 7: By the way, Yeah, are you talking about the mascot.
Speaker 6: The mascot you forgot about Paul Tommy Thunder.
Speaker 8: Tommy Tommy Thunder had a blood nose.
Speaker 4: But you know the worst thing when you're wearing.
Speaker 7: The mascot out, no one.
Speaker 8: Knows you've got a blood nose. You're trying to point to your nose, trying to say to someone, I think I've broken my nose. But everyone's going, oh, look, how funny.
Speaker 7: Actions, Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 6: Look he's making those gargling sounds. He's literally choking on his own blood.
Speaker 7: You know, I have I told you the story of Terry the Termite.
Speaker 8: No, so when we were younger, right, you know, Terry the termite? Where was it was it just it was just outside was a crossroads, cross road or only road, good Wood road, good would road right, and we're group of mates on our pea plates and we went past yourry the termine.
Speaker 7: We said, let's go, and let's go and kidnap Terry.
Speaker 8: We did a uie, came back and we grabbed Terry and put Terry in. Unfortunately, when we took Terry's head off, it was a young teenage girl and she wasn't too happy, so we then had to pull the car over, apologized profusely, and we said so sorry, Terry will never do that again.
Speaker 7: But it was Terina at the termite. I was thinking, what are they using it?
Speaker 4: I just thought it was an older man in there.
Speaker 3: But it happens all the time. You'd be amazed at how many times that's happened to Terry.
Speaker 2: When mascot kidnappings go wrong.
Speaker 1: There was a rumor going around Fitz that, not that you would ever condone building a mascot, but there.
Speaker 2: Was a rumor going around that Thunder actually gave the finger to the.
Speaker 1: It's unconfirmed, but that is the room circulating around Adelaide.
Speaker 8: You are a Channel ten reporter, I'd be running that. I'd be running that on tonight's broadcast.
Speaker 7: You know what, every now and then? That would it has to be the worst job of all time being a mascot. You can imagine the slander, the stuff that people sling at you, They throw bes on you. Yeah, you're allowed to have a crack every now and then, aren't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I back in the day, so that was eleven. I was an overboy a couple of times. Yeah, and it is not fun underneath in that suit.
Speaker 2: Hang on, yeah, overboys not real.
Speaker 3: I think we're all over boy deep down. Aren't we.
Speaker 2: Know that you've worked here longer than what you have fixed?
Speaker 8: Did you know that well, over.
Speaker 7: Boy was supposed to be an amazing dancer, So I don't know why they got you to get into the suit.
Speaker 3: And that's when over boys accused of being drunk too left fast.
Speaker 2: Over Boys amate again.
Speaker 7: Over boys will be born, if you know what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Hey, Fitzzi, thank you so much. We appreciate you jumping on board with us.