Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Donald Trump slams Australia. Is the Donald Albo bromance officially off? Plus have Democrats killed off? Butter id despite just att everyone outside of politics thinking this is a good idea And guess what I've got some Hollywood Hall of Fame hypocrisy. I just hope elitist Jimmy Kimmel never needs a plumber. I'll explain what that's all about a little bit later in the show, but first, I've got a riddle for you. When is a bad news story a good news story? Well, it's when even CNN has to admit that a Trump policy is not only working, but is loved by the public. And it's even worse than when that policy involves using Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents aka ICE officers, whom the Left has spent the past year demonizing as gestapo goons. First, a little background. Since mill of February there's been a government shutdown on that has affected the Department of Homeland Security in the US, which is in charge of the TSA, which, if you've ever traveled in the United States is one of the great all time handbrakes on a good time. As a result, security cues were stretching for hours at some airports, because of course, they've got to make sure every water bottle is emptied at every granny patted down. Not good. So enter Donald Trump, who, throwing the switch to solution mode, said Hey, I've got an idea. Let's send ICE Agency in demand the checkpoints. And well you'll never guess what happened next. Over to UCNN.
Speaker 3: The story right now, Sarah, quite honestly, is the fact that the lines have disappeared. We haven't seen this like in a week, so this is good news. If you have a flight to catch, you should know that you can probably maybe take a deep breath.
Speaker 4: At one point, this line stretched all the way down the hallway. This one has gone as well.
Speaker 2: Oh that must have hurt to put the air across the country. Travelers seemed pretty chufed with the arrangement. Actually, like this fellow, and you're not gonna believe it. He's from Brooklyn, did not bother nobody the one. They can check my bags and get me on my flight, and I'm good to go, right, I want to get I want to get to the Bahamas.
Speaker 5: I want out of here.
Speaker 2: These agents. Forget about it. And then there was this traveler.
Speaker 6: I wish you're happy with ICE.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like that, I happy with the ICE.
Speaker 2: Hang on a second, that guy spoke with a foreign accent, and according to the left, well shouldn't ICE agents have executed him by now? Seriously, though, the only people who don't seem happy about this are you guessed it, democrats.
Speaker 7: The last thing that the American people need are for untrained ICE agents to be deployed at airports all across the country, potentially to brutalize or in some instances kill them.
Speaker 2: Kill them. Meanwhile, in Philadelphia, the local district attorney that's a crown prosecutor to you and me, was threatening to jail ICE agents.
Speaker 8: The President cannot pardon you, and yes, I will put you in handcuffs, and I will put you in a courtroom, and if necessary, I will put you in a jail cell.
Speaker 9: If you decide to make the.
Speaker 8: Toronzo floor of this airport anything like what you did in the streets of Minneapolis, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm still stuck on the romance of the Toronto floors of the Philadelphia Airport. How a romantic and I guess I think we can guess how this traveler voted. So well, do everyone accept the haters? But there is, of course a bigger problem, and that's this. While it is fantastic that ICE is unjamming backlogs at airports, one of the greatest practical things that the Trump administration could do to make the lives of passengers more pleasant everywhere would be to simply wind up the Transportation Security Administration the TSA. Remember this was created as a knee jerk reaction to airline security after nine eleven, when there was an urgent called to do something to prevent another such mass casualty hijacking. And that was understandable. But in the twenty five years since, well, it's mostly been a disaster. It subjects travelers to invasive, time wasting, bureaucratic nightmares. In twenty fifteen, it was revealed that tsaaigents were missing ninety five percent of threats in tests. And guess what real evidence they've gotten any better. So, mister President, I know you're watching, I know you love the US report. Ditch the TSA and put airport security back in the hands of private security, which by the way, does a pretty good job here in Australia with one tenth the hassle. Not only will it make traveling easier, it means the nation's airports also cannot be held hostage by Democrats every time there's a fight over funding in Congress. Meanwhile, amid all the talk of war and oil shocks and everything else, it is worth remembering that in just two years time we're going to be deep into the twenty twenty eight presidential primaries. And a warning about this next item. You might want to get your sick bags ready, because, according to this report in Axios, many of the Democrat hopefuls have decided that the road to the White House leads through the psycho Hiatrist's office. Yes, forget the strong, silent type. Democrats are now reportedly planning to lean into their childhood traumas in the quest for votes I know right. Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro has apparently written in his new memoir about his traumatic childhood. In it, he writes that his mother, Judy, could be unstable and said he and his siblings believed, quote, if we were good, we could stop the chaos and the yelling. Not sure if he also recounts his feelings about reports that the tolerant Democrat Party decided that his being Jewish was also a bit too much for him to be named Kamala Harris's running mate. That's a whole other story. Then there is the Patrick Bateman slick California Governor Gavin Newsom, who's gone public with his own Mommy Dearest story. In his new book, Newsom recounts that, despite a childhood of wealth and privilege, his own mother told him, amid apparent struggles with dyslexia, it's okay to be average. Gavin. Well, thank god he never used wire hangers. But white. There's more. Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker, himself from a family of literal billionaires and an heir to the Hyatt hotel fortune. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just the other day did a big interview with The New York Times in which he went into great detail about his mother's alcoholism. Now, it's two points to make about this. Firstly, these stories confirm a theory I have long held that the best predictor of someone being a progressive liberal is unresolved childhood trauma. Paired with the rest in development, leading to an overwhelming desire to remake the world as the carrying safe space that they feel they were once denied. But secondly, it also suggests that when it comes down to it, the Democrats are in a bit of trouble here. They desperate, They're trying to make over the country, not win an Oscar. Yet, what have they got Trump derangement syndrome, Democrats, socialism, put America last, and all of this other stuff. No wonder they're already wearing their hearts on the sleeve because they don't have a lot going on in their heads. Now. Conservatives in the US are once again gathering for one of their largest annual conferences, Seapack USA is underway this week in Texas, and for the first time in a decade, President Donald Trump is skipping the event. I guess he's got a few things on at the moment, as discussions about the Iran War takes center stage. To join me now is retired US Army Infantry colonel author attorney Kurt Schlichter. He's in Texas for the conference and he joins me now. Kurt, welcome to the program. Tell us, first of all, what's having at SEAPAC this year's mood like, well, the mood is good.
Speaker 4: I mean, we obviously have challenges facing the midterms. The Iran Wars of course the topic of conversation, but you know, the conservatives are pumped and motivated. I did a panel today with Nick Shirley, who was exposing fraud in Minneapolis and California, that went over really well. I think there's a lot of optimism. You know, the regime media would like us to be pessimistic, it'd like us to be sad, it would like us to think that we're doomed. Well, we're not doomed. We're going to win.
Speaker 2: We're going to prevail.
Speaker 4: And that's the great part about Sea Package with a bunch of people who feel like you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, I've been to Sea Pack in Australia a number of times here and it's a fantastic event they do here. But the question of course right now is Iran and there's a lot of people in the press who are talking about, well, Maga is split. There's a lot of division over the Iran War. You hear some of this in the press. Are you hearing that on the ground there, or is the magabase the Trump base all in on epic fury.
Speaker 4: Look, the Mega base under stands that Iran is a generational enemy that for nearly fifty years has chanted death to America and then proceeded to carry it out, killing and maiming thousands of Americans since the Ayatola Coamani took over. And it's time to put this to an end. It's time to put this festering sore, you know, and lance the boil. And that's what we're doing. And we're you know, this is going to help redefine not just the Middle East, but the entire globe. When you look at Venezuela and Cuba, which are both both moving away from being you know, essentially communist states adversity the United States Iran moving and reconsidering our alliance in NATO in a more reasonable way where the NATO alliance picks up its own share of the weight. I think America is in the process of redefining the international system that's endured for about eighty years since World War Two.
Speaker 2: And I think that that system, Kurt had been dedicated on this idea of sort of managed American decline. And I think that's turning around. But you mentioned NATO, and I think that's really interesting because a little while ago, Donald Trump hit back at Germany's Defense chief Bars Pastorius, who earlier slammed the war on the Iranian regime. Here's what Trump had to say.
Speaker 10: When I heard the head of Germany say this is not our war about Iran, I said, well, Ukraine's not our war. We helped, but Ukraine not our I thought it was a very inappropriate statement to make.
Speaker 2: Kurt. I thought that was a fair point. And I mean, you know, why should Germany or for that matter, Australia expect American help in their fights our fights if they won't help America in something that they're trying to do to make civilizations safer everywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's unreasonable to ask what's in it for us when it comes to an alliance. All Right, Nations have their own interests. They should pursue their own interests. A reasonable person expects a nation to pursue its own interests. Well, America has its own interests too, and perhaps some people don't like it. Perhaps some people would rather have America pursuing other people's interests. And for a long time we did do that, but that's over. Donald Trump is not that kind of leader, and there's certainly pushback. That's trying to get Americans to kind of re embrace a dying model and it's just not going to work any Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, just on that dying Moleald Trump also had some choice words for Australia a few hours ago. Have a look at this.
Speaker 10: I think he did something that was shocking. He didn't want to help us. Australia to Australia was not great. I'm a little surprised by Australia. We never really had very much support.
Speaker 6: I again read aright that there is no request being made to Australia that has not been agreed to. President Trump is up to him to explain his comments. But of course I make the point as well that Australia wasn't consulted before this action was undertaken, and I respect that that's a metaphor of the United States.
Speaker 2: We've spoken before about the close bond between our two nations here before, but it does seem that given Australia's inability to field any sort of aid for this or other missions, does he have a bit of a point.
Speaker 4: Well, while he does. You know, of course I started on the military during the Cold War, when most of our allied nations had considerable military forces of their own. The question now isn't so much if our allies are going to help, But you know, name the ship and the type of ship that can deploy in seven days and actually contribute in the Persian Gulf, and I think most of our allies would be hard pressed.
Speaker 7: To do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, certainly Australia showing itself fairly unable to do that sort of thing here. But meanwhile, there's also been plenty of scrutiny around the mainstream media and their reporting of the war. But I want to draw your attention to our old friends at CNN, who incredibly confirmed that their own reporting, at least one instance, was total nonsense when they accused Trump of lying about Iran talks. How a look at this? Are there as.
Speaker 5: Important breaking news coming into the situation room.
Speaker 4: We're now learning from a senior Iranian source that there has been an outreach between the US and Iran.
Speaker 11: The source tells CNN that this was initiated by.
Speaker 2: Washington and this was after, of course, CNN had run down the whole idea that there were any talks taking place at all. They pivoted on dime. They did a full one eighty. Any wonder if people don't trust this stuff anymore.
Speaker 4: No, there's no wonder. Look, you can't believe anything the regime media tells you. Why when your source is Iran? You know that's already the problem, man, I I You know. The beautiful thing about Trump, and the thing that a lot of foreigners don't understand about Trump is Trump is out to pursue America's interest and frankly, for a long time in America has not purely promoted its own interests. Well, it's kind of doing that now, and a lot of other countries are upset by it. Remember, the only thing that constrains America is America. You can't force America to do anything. You can try to talk America into doing something, and for a long time that succeeded. Well, you can't talk Trump into a bad deal. He's not going to do it. And Trump represents a significant portion of the American public, not all of us. There are a lot of people who have kind of globalist, leftist mindset, but most Americans think that the United States primary interest should be the United States, And frankly, I don't think that's unreasonable.
Speaker 2: Kurtz Schlicker couldn't say it better myself. Thanks so much for coming on the program. Really appreciate your insights.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Now moving on to a subject we've spoken about an awful lot over the last few weeks. The Save Act, which would, among other things, force voters to show ID when they go to vote in a US election. Pretty civil stuff, right acceptance, having a hard time getting through the Senate, with even Republicans helping to stall it earlier. Today, senators block the proposal in a fifty three to forty seven vote. But I want to show you a clip which has resurfaced this week from twenty twenty four, where a senior Democrat gives away I think the game about why they don't want to support this at all.
Speaker 4: Have a look the negotiation didn't have a path of citizenship.
Speaker 1: It was entirely on their terms in order to get Ukraine funding. Right.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, Chris, that's been a failed play for twenty years, So you are right. That has been the Democratic strategy for thirty years maybe, and it has failed to deliver.
Speaker 2: For the people.
Speaker 5: We care about most the undocumented Americans that are in this country.
Speaker 2: I loved that little moment there when he stopped himself and he said, undocumented Americans. Yeah, just trying to fix that one up. But you heard it right. The people that Democrats care most about are undocumented. Let's bring in to talk about this. Former Republican National Committee spokeswoman Elizabeth Pipco. Elizabeth, thanks so much for coming on the program here. I just feel like the Democrats have showed their hand so much with this Save Act. Everybody in normal world thinks this is a good idea, and yet they don't want this to happen, and you can only think of some pretty sinister reasons why they don't.
Speaker 11: I completely agree. It's great to be back with you here. Look, I think for the average American they're actually surprised if they're following this because very often you see Paul Titians talk as if they know what they're rallying for, they know what it is that the people want, and very often they fall in line with what polling shows because that's what they have to do as elected officials. And yet with the say BacT, when you look at polling and you look at the fact that nearly eighty percent or more of Americans in every single poll or survey that you look at, agree that they want voter ID to be a requirement when going to place that vote. And it doesn't make any sense that Democrats are pretending this is some kind of sinister idea, pretending it's going to hurt black Americans or married women or anything else. I think the whole thing is embarrassing. I think if you look across the world, you see how many people realize it's important to bring an idea when they vote in their national elections. I think it's embarrassing again to try to pretend that Americans are too stupid to get a birth certificate or sign up online to get new paperwork or whatever it is that they're claiming people aren't unable to do. And again, whether they're wrong or they're right, if the majority of Americans want something done, that's what elected officials are in place to do.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, I mean, I thought Elizabeth that was left that was all about defending democracy, and I thought democracy was about listening to the will of the people. But this vote here that just happened, this fifty three forty seven vote. My understanding. Tell me if I'm wrong, is that this was for a stripped down proposal that would just be about you know, voters have to show an ID a driver's license, not even proving their citizenship. Now you go to America, a lot of places you've got to show an ID to get on a plane, to buy a six pack of beer, to buy a deck of smokes, to get into some office buildings. Are they saying that there's some segregation in America where African Americans where married women who have changed the names, they're barred from all of these activities.
Speaker 11: That is apparently what they want all of us to believe. Look, I have to be honest. I didn't even know that there were options to go and vote without that ID. And like you said, it's not about a birth certificate, it's literally just about a driver's license. I didn't know until I went to college, when I got my school ID. I can tell you in Pennsylvania in graduate school and I was told of that school ID, which many members of my class who were not American citizens also had. We were all told as a group that you could use that school ID to go vote in elections in Pennsylvania. That's how I learned that this was an issue, and when I look into it, I realized how many states have those very same laws. And again, it's not about a birth certificate, it's not about any kind of complicated materials. It is a basic license, basic ID card without which you cannot go to a doctor's appointment, or buy alcohol or drive your car. It's something that most Americans have, and also at something most Americans should be able to prove that they can get in order to participate in the privilege that we have here in voting in these elections.
Speaker 2: It just seems like the simplest stuff and the only explanations why they don't want this, I think a pretty sinister But I also want to talk to about a really shocking and distressing story out of Chicago, where we've seen a lot of controracy around this shooting of a young woman, a student at a school there. Prominent democrat Maria had and is under fire for suggesting that this student, eighteen year old Sheridan Gorman, she was shot and killed near her college campus, allegedly by an illegal Venezuelan migrant. Well, they said that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and This is something that we're hearing from an awful lot of Democrats who seem to be saying, Hey, what's the big deal here, It doesn't matter they were illegal or not. Tell us about this case, because it's really grim.
Speaker 11: It is atrocious, truly. Look you look at our country's history, you look at what's happened the last few years, You look at how our country nearly shut down over the murder of George Floyd, and then you wonder why there's not less of a response, but basically no response. This innocent girl, as you mentioned, Sheridan Gorman, who was eighteen years old, had her entire life ahead of her, and it should be an easy thing for Democrats, Republicans, anybody to condemn. Again, I don't care how you feel about Donald Trump. I don't care if you associate with Republicans or Democrats or anyone in between. I think we can all agree when something like this happens, we should come together as a nation and warn this poor girl's life and try to be there for her and for her family. And yet we're making this political. You're saying that it was this innocent girl that was at fault at President Trump, who was at fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll mean, like, look at Illinois Governor Pritzker, who is a potential candidate for president. Well, he's turned this around to be all about Donald trumplely this.
Speaker 12: There have been real failures. Those failures, of course, extend beyond the borders of Illinois. That's their national failures of failure to have comprehensive immigration reform, a failure of the president to follow.
Speaker 2: His own edict to go after the worst of the worst.
Speaker 9: An illegal immigrant has been charged with murdering a college student in Chicago last week. To House Democrats believe if he's convicted, he's someone who should be deported.
Speaker 7: I'll look into the case.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so this is now Donald Trump's fault, that this young woman was killed allegedly by this Venezuelan who shouldn't have been in the country in the first place. Now I get it.
Speaker 11: I'm glad it all makes sense. Now, look again, when someone dies in this manner, it should not matter if you want to run for president. It should not matter how you feel about the person currently in the oval office. You should be mourning with the family and with the rest of our country. That's all that you should be doing. And the fact that they are politicizing this and blaming Republicans who again have said four years that we should close our border and make sure that those that have any kind of criminal records are deported immediately. The fact that that's where your mind goes really proves how unfortunately politicized and polarized our democracy at this point.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 11: Look, this is not the America that I grew up in, where when someone died in this tragic of a way, we would come together with our neighbors, regardless of how they voted, and be there for that family, be there as a nation. This is the absolute opposite of that. I don't care who's in the White House. This is the exact opposite of the nation that I know in.
Speaker 2: Love one hundred percent. It is really griv and it just tells you what's at stake at these midterms and in twenty twenty eight here. But also, you know, beyond these sorts of crimes we're talking about, there's also a those issue around fraud and health secret Robert Kenny has made headlines this week after we went on a podcast and claimed that former President Joe Biden's administration ordered the Health Department to ignore fraud and focus on enrolling as many people on welfare as possible, whether they were in the country legally or shouldn't have been there at all. Have a look at this.
Speaker 13: One of the things that I've found out from people in my agency was they were ordered or by the Biden White House not to do program integrity, in other words, not to enforce against fraud. And they said they were told, we want to focus on only enrollment and getting more and more people into the system.
Speaker 2: This is just huge if this is true.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm sure it's true, and it's also not a surprise if you look at the basically fraud I would call it that happened at our southern border. It kind of makes everything make sense, right, because if you're allowing millions of people unvetted into our country, then have to continue to commit fraud. You have to continue to turn away from American citizens and basically go against you your own rules to make sure that these people have benefits in our country. Right, There's a system in place for a reason, and when you break part one, it doesn't just end there. You have to continue to vouch for these people. That's again why Democrats want to allow these people to vote, because when they come into your country, you can't just forget that you let them in here. You have to take care of them in a certain way. You have to let them be a part of society. You have to excuse it when they murder Americans, you have to excuse it when they want to vote in your elections, And you have to excuse it when you use your own system that was built to cater to American citizens when it's used against American citizens and for those that don't deserve these benefits. I am confident there was more fraud than just this, and I wish we could all come together again like we couldn't do in Minnesota when we found out about fraud a couple of months ago. I wish we could come together and realize that broad hurts all Americans again, regardless whether they vote Republican or Democrat.
Speaker 2: And Elizabeth, I just don't think we're ever getting get to the bottom of just how deep all of these scandals go. Thank you so much for your time, as always, love having you here on the program. Now, don't go away, because when do you come back to the show, We're going to be talking about how the war is hitting fuel prices in America and Democrats are squealing about it, which is funny because in the past they've done everything in their power to make fuel more expensive. Funny that we'll find out what's going on with Republican strategist Ronnering. But first, hey, this is kind of odd. Trump's been busy fighting the war. And look who Milania Trump is hanging out with. Is that Joe Biden? Oh sorry, no, no, that's just apparently some new robot. The first lady said this was the first American made humanoid robot guest in the White House. But again it sounds like she's describing Biden. We're on the home front after the break, Welcome back to the program. Well, petrol prices or gas prices if you will, are starting to bite in the US, just as they are in Australia, just not quite as much because well, America decided some time ago that they were going to become energy independent quite literally, so they did not need to worry so much about a bunch of bad mullas closing the Strait of Hormuz. Democrats are rushing still to make political hay of it and blame Donald Trump for the pain at the pump. But hang on a second, I thought Democrats loved the idea of high fuel prices. I mean, remember when Joe Biden brought in a top economist onto his team who said gas prices were too low, Or when Bloomberg News wrote that the Earth wanted to keep gas prices high. By the way, when the war in question was Ukraine struggled against Russia, Democrats were happy to say prices would stay high until Peutin was defeated. That was a good thing. And expensive gas has long been a lefty talking point. Why in two thousand and eight, the Los Angeles Times praised the joy of eight dollar gas. That's eight dollars a gallon, by the way, which is still cheaper than what we pay here in Australia per liter. And then there was the time Barack Obaba's energy secretary said he wanted to push the price of gas north so that Americans were forced to pay what they do in Europe. Huh okay. Well to talk about all this and more is Republican strategist and former spokesman Ted Cruz Ron naring Ron. Welcome to the program. And you know, right now I'm seeing Politico and many other news outlets saying that gas prices are really starting to bite into wallets as well as into support for Donald Trump. Are they right or are the Democrats actually being quite hypocritical about this, because as I say plenty of times in the past, they've been very happy for petrol and gas prices to be high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're spot on. The Democrats for the longest time have been saying that they need gas prices to be higher in order to try to coerce more people into evs and other forms of fuel other than petrol. And so if you take a look at the state like California, gas prices in the Democratic People's Republic of California are double what they are in Texas. And so for the Democrats to say that all of a sudden now they want lower fuel prices, it does look hypocritical and it provides an opportunity for Republicans to highlight their terrible, miserable record in constantly pushing for higher fuel prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ed Ron, tell me about why those prices are higher in California. Have they been shutting down infrastructure like refineries or is it just a matter of tax and regulation? Because I'll tell you what this is a discussion that has a lot of poignancy here in Australia, where we shut down a number of refineries years ago and are paying the price.
Speaker 3: Well, there are two things. One is that the price on petrol is set globally, and that's why what's happening in the Middle East is affecting global prices and including in the United States. But in California particular, we have a cap and trade or a cap and tax system because the Democrats in California have long believed that California alone is going to be able to change the climate of planet Earth, and consequently you have a number of other fees that are built in there. California also requires a very exotic blend of fuel, which drives the prices up higher, and the Democrats have been pushing to close refining capacity in California, and you can now see how much of a mistake that is. But one positive thing about America is that we have the refining capacity and we have the oil. So you're not going to see gas stations closed in the United States like you have seen in Australia and elsewhere due to lack of fuel. The supply is there, but the price is high, but especially in Democrat control states like New York and California because of these exotic environmental rules, which of course will have no impact on the climate to the planet whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I hope some policymakers here in Australia are listening to that, because that is spot on. But I want to talk also ron about some of these elections that are going on, some of these special elections happening in the United States, because people here might not be tuned into some of these. There was a big surprise this week in Florida when Democrat Emily Gregory won a Florida state seat District eighty seven, which includes Donald Trump's Mara Lago compound. Now, the result is a big swing away from twenty twenty four when a Republican won the district by nineteen points. Is there any sort of broader message that we can take from this. We've seen quite a few of these special elections fall the Democrats way. My question is are these just one offs or is there a bigger trend a concern that Republicans need to be very much mindful of coming into the midterms.
Speaker 3: Well as my old boss, Senator Ted krus has pointed out that this is a very competitive political environment and Republicans have to take it very, very seriously. There's been a number of special elections of what you would call by elections, which have been favorable for the Democrats. Others have gone the Republicans' way. I don't think it's an overwhelming trend, but there's a phenomenon called the six year itch, and that is in the second mid term of an incumbent president, the opposition party tends to do unusually well. The only challenge for the Democrats is there is so much out of position to be able to take advantage of that. The Democratic National Committee is financially underwater. Republicans are very well funded. The Democrats have a problem with the quality of the candidates and an ur US system. We're a candidate centric system, not like Australia, which is a party centric system. So the quality of the candidates matters even more in the United States, and they just have not been nominating good candidates. So the Democrats would be in a much better position if they could get their act together, but there's no indication that they're in a position to do that, and so as a result, I think it's a very competitive political environment. Republicans have to focus on bringing down the cost of living and maximizing affordability in terms of fuel prices, taxes, and other matters as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is a big question here because you know, obviously there's people who are very plugged into the news, but there's a lot of voters who aren't plugged into the news but just kind of get a vague sense of what's going on, and maybe they feel things wrong with the cost of living or what a cost to fill up their car. At the same time, they're not thrilled about you know, people who are plugged in with the Democrats drift to the hard left. Who does this sort of environment then favor going into November? I mean, do the Republicans have some secret advantage that hasn't quite shown itself yet in these polls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the biggest advantage to Republicans is how far away from the mainstream the Democratic Party has moved in recent years. There was a time when that blue collar, non college educated voter trade by your vernacular and so on, would be lock step voting for the Democrats. But Republicans have won those voters over part because the Democrats have moved so far on these urban, cosmopolitan issues that really only are of interest to a small niche of the Democratic Party. But that's the tail that's wagging the dog, and so that's left them so far out of position in suburban areas and particularly in the South to be able to win back seats, which in the patent not so distant past, they were winning. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we've talked on this show about that tatar Rico fellow that're running down in Texas. He's pretty entertaining. But you know, another thing that's also I think probably people are seeing is this DHS shutdown. And I talked about earlier about how ICE agents are now helping to clear security blockages at the airport. It seems to be working pretty well. But I want to dive some more into what this shutdown is all about. And well, it seems to be that Democrats are really just pushing this shutdown because they want to protect illegal aliens from deportation. I kind of thought that they were supposed to be protecting American citizens, or maybe I'm just being a bit naive here.
Speaker 3: Well, it's all on who you define the victim to be, and very often the Democrats have reversed who the criminal is and who the victim is. For example, when they talk about having sanctuary cities, who do sanctuary cities protect. They protect people who are in the country illegally who have committed other crimes. That's who it's protecting. And by protecting those people and allowing those criminals to be back into the street, it creates only more victims, and so the Democrats have a completely reverse It's exactly the type of phenomenon which means that they're out of position to be able to take advantage of other trends which are working in their favor. The bottom line is that we have these lines at airports today because the Democratic Party insists that the Trump administration stop enforcing the law and allow more criminal aliens who are in the country to be able to continue to roam free and commit crime.
Speaker 2: Ron Narn, thanks so much for your insight. As always, always pleasure to have you on the program. Things so much Now, stick around because we're going to hit a short break. But when we come back, the Great Brand Alignment joins me with the most jaw dropping bit of Hollywood elitism I've seen in a long time. But first A lot of stuff came out of that latest Trump press conference today, But as someone who's seen journalists ask some pretty silly questions at these things, I had to appreciate how the President batted away this question about US troops going into seas Iran's uranium?
Speaker 14: Are you going to go in for the uranium?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 14: How do you secure ron? And let's assume I was or I wasn't.
Speaker 10: Why would I ever answer your question? What kind of a question am I going to go in for?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 10: Oh you haven't gone. We're going tomorrow at three o'clock. How could you possibly ask a question like that and expect an answer?
Speaker 9: I don't know, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you're a friendly person too.
Speaker 10: It's just such a ridiculous question.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Look, here are the war plans that got them right here? Looks. You know, I've all for transparentcy here, but gosh, anyway, stick around because we're gonna talking about how Hollywood hates normal people like you and me. After the break, welcome back to the program. Well, big news in Los Angeles, where a jury has headed down a shock win for a young woman who sued YouTube and Meta, which owns Instagram and Facebook over her childhood addiction to social media. Jurors found the firm's intentionally built addictive social media platforms that harmed the twenty year old's mental health. The woman known as Kaylee was awarded around eight point five million Australian dollars in damages.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're about something that is incredibly socially important and responsible, and I feel like we've.
Speaker 4: Made a great step forward.
Speaker 1: If the jury had returned to know, the Champagne Court would be popping in the boardrooms of Google and Meta, But instead Mark Zuckerberg has to take a phone call and the only thing he's waiting for now is to find out if there are going to be punishment damages.
Speaker 2: Well, joining me now to discuss this and a whole lot more is elections correspondent at The Federalist Brianna Alive And Brianna, thanks so much for coming on here. This is a fascinating case to me because it dealt with social media addiction. But one of the things we've also seen is since Facebook and these social media giants have come on the scene, a big push of young people turning to the left, being pushed very much by social media algorithms. What do you make of this decision and the impact that these social media platforms are having on the young, particularly when it comes to politics.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think you make a great point that there are people who are ten twelve years old and they are getting inundated with left wing liberal messaging. And as a ten year old, you know, when I was ten, I didn't even have a cell phone, right, And I think what was interesting about this case is this young woman says she was six years old when she got one platform, and then ten years old when she got another. And to me, that sounds a lot more like bad parenting. My parents would have never allowed me to be on social media. I wasn't even allowed to watch TV that often. So I think with this case shows this is two things. One, there's a problem in families where the parents just do not have enough control over their children. They let their do what they want, including you some social media, to whatever extent the child sees fit, instead of the parent kind of bringing them in. And two, to your point, the benefit of this ruling is that there are a lot of people and parents and I think companies saying you know what, I'm not going to take this risk if you're under let's say, thirteen years old, you can't be on the platform. And that will give kids the time to develop one their own childhood, but two not to be inundated with adult you know, real world politics.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I think that's a very good point, Brianna. But I want to move on too, because, you know, speaking of the culture here, there's elitism in left wing snobbery all over the place, but it's particularly present in Hollywood. But I was amazed by this. Canceled and then uncanceled host Jimmy Kibble came under fire this week because he attacked Homeland Security Secretary of the New One, Mark Wayne Mullen. Have a look at this, Joel Warring.
Speaker 9: Trumb's got a whole new generation of thinkers lined up, including his newly confirmed Secretary of Homeland Security, Mark Wayne, Chuck, Mike Bruce, Dave, meet Mullen.
Speaker 2: Maybe Mellon's better.
Speaker 4: He is the now former Senator of Oklahoma.
Speaker 9: Before he was elected to the Senate, Mark Wayne Mullen was a low level MMA fighter and a plumber.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: We have a plumber protecting us from terrorism now, Brianna.
Speaker 2: I mean, I where to begin his life? Story involves actually something much more complicated than that. But I hope Jimmy Kibble never needs a plumber.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's this thelitiest mentality that the average American is not qualified to rule himselt He.
Speaker 14: Mocks is for being a plumber.
Speaker 15: And I would remind Jimmy kim All that Henry Knox, who delivered word Washington the artillery needed to run the British out of Boston, was a bookseller. Okay, So you don't have to have this elite experience to be good at what you're trying to do. And we've seen Democrats' choice for you know, Department of Home and Security, Allejandra Mayorgus, the impeached Alajandre Majorca has destroyed our southern border and he was an elite with all that experience. So experience in politics doesn't mean you're actually qualified to get the job done. And I'm hopeful that Mark Wrene Bullen is going to continue to work on deportations and keeping our border clothes.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean bring out of his story is quite remarkable too. He had to I think, drop out of college, build a plumbing business, up all of this stuff, and do we need more normal people? Like that you've had real life experiences beyond going to law school in American politics.
Speaker 15: Oh absolutely. You know, the entire thought process of the founders is that people would role themselves. I mean, you're going to have teachers, plumbers, carpenters, people who are doing average jobs, but jobs that.
Speaker 14: Actually make America go round.
Speaker 15: And there's this liberal worldview and it's not just cinema kits everywhere, that the elites are smarter and they get to govern you.
Speaker 14: You need the experts governing you.
Speaker 15: If you have an expert class governing, you are not run by the people, and then America doesn't exist as it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a great point about the expert class. By the way. You know who I think needs some experts are some of these delivery robots. I just want to bring this up because I saw some footage this week and I wanted to get your take on it. Some of this technology is getting out of hand. We've seen rogue delivery robots replacing delivery drivers, causing chaos. Here's one at work in Chicago smashing up a bus shelter.
Speaker 4: Don't come at me, don't.
Speaker 2: Come at me, coming right at me.
Speaker 14: For back off. I'm a movie.
Speaker 2: I'm I moving. You have to come right at me.
Speaker 14: You have your side right there, I'm on my side.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I'll stay right here.
Speaker 2: Now that's right.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, back up, don't you dare say hello, I don't care.
Speaker 13: Back up there, you go back up?
Speaker 2: Now, go around, you go around. That's right, yourself pressing yourself. Oh that's right. You don't have fingers.
Speaker 4: You got the green light, but you can't go because you don't have the walk signal. But you don't walk, you roll.
Speaker 2: Now. We don't have these things in Australia, thankfully. We've got to dodge real life human uber each drivers, which is a lot more fun. What do you make of these things? Is this future technology just to fail?
Speaker 14: I think it's dangerous. It's not just these weird robots.
Speaker 15: You also see Malania and Trump debuted a full human sized robot in the White House just this week, saying that they could possibly one day become that's scary. You've seen Tesla's who can self drive, or those ever self driving cars actually crash right and cast serious harm. And one instance, ave woman and her child almost went off the side of the road because the card it was self driving. So I think as we grow with technology, we're not going to get rid of it, but we need to learn one how to better adapt.
Speaker 14: It and make policies that keep robots off the streets.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, I tell you what, Brianna, every day I want to join that Amish community more and more when I see things like that. Thank you so much, Breanna, for your health, for your time. This evening really appreciates you next time. Now, stick around because we're going to hit the beaches with Only in America shortly. But first let's check in on our friends in the faculty lounge and California State University professor Jamie O'Quinn with some shall we say, novel series about men and women and sex and how all that business works.
Speaker 16: The idea that I have to get up here and say that trans women are women and that's what I have to use my time to do is absurd. Shame on you, Shame on all of you, and shame on you for using lesbian pologe as a front for your transphobia. Because this lesbian has had plenty of girlfriends with penises.
Speaker 2: The science has settled to leave it there. Only in America's coming at you after the break. Welcome back to the program. And now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. Well, it's spring break in the US, which means it's time for fresh faced, innocent, university going youth from around the country to gather on the beaches of Florida to discuss all they've been learning and studying. And it really looks like America's higher education institutions are doing a great job teaching about things like the late Roman Empire, German philosophy, and quantum physics. Our friends of Fox News bring us this report.
Speaker 4: Spring Break twenty six. What is the game plan?
Speaker 7: Drinking blackout with my rock out?
Speaker 1: If my mom is watching, I'm sorry, Mom, but I've been getting pretty drunk.
Speaker 2: Hook up with some girls.
Speaker 7: Get with as many girls as we can.
Speaker 4: Foot issue facing America is the most important to you.
Speaker 14: What bikini I'm gonna wear? Nex Obesity is terrible.
Speaker 9: Ice, Uh not personally, I'm legal getting a.
Speaker 2: Tan on the beach.
Speaker 14: That's the most important thing in my life right now. I'm thinking about Starbucks. To be honest, I'm thinking about Starbucks.
Speaker 11: What I'm gonna get for today?
Speaker 14: Gulf of America. That's the last thing I kept up with for going to war with Iraq. That's been crazy.
Speaker 2: Ah what was it? Oscar Wilde said, youth is wasted on the young. Anyway, that's all the time we've got for this week. See you next time for more US Report and Sunday Morning for Outsiders. Bye bye,