Speaker 1: Oh, I get our friends. Welcome to podcasts. A great decision by you. And if you're into humor jokes, well you're in a really solid spot. The Monday joke off graced us and credit roots due.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, good stuff.
Speaker 3: I was loving my joke.
Speaker 4: Sick.
Speaker 2: Yes, I should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a little bit blue.
Speaker 2: Blue.
Speaker 1: You sort of danced on the edge of being a little bit inappropriate, which is what we like to do here at and over.
Speaker 4: Just about changing the language though. It's a dirty joke, but it's told in a clean way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, is that dirty? Am I dirty? What's going on here? Who's dirty about this?
Speaker 3: Who's gas lighting me over this joke?
Speaker 2: Is Jody still laughing? Enjoy a job? That was a joke. That's a Joke's a terrible job? Good humor?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the start of the week, Am I right?
Speaker 2: A bit of fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who wants to go first?
Speaker 1: I will finally, very brave of you. Stunny and brave at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's a tiny bit blue, but that's okay. I'll just try and work around it.
Speaker 2: Careful, okay, careful, jeez.
Speaker 3: I know the bosses here don't like blue.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: And when you're looking at me square in the eye saying careful. Then I know to be careful. That's a real warning.
Speaker 2: Let me be a real life warning for you.
Speaker 3: All right, you're ready?
Speaker 4: Yes, Three couples are trying to get married at the same church. There's a young couple, a middle aged couple, and an elderly couple. The three couples meet with the priest and discuss when they can get married. If you wish to get married to my church, you must all go one month without.
Speaker 3: Having any mummy daddy relations.
Speaker 4: One month later, the three couples return to the church and talked to the priest. He then asked the elderly couple, have you completed the month without having relations with each other?
Speaker 3: Yes, we have, and it was easy, replied the elderly couple.
Speaker 4: How about you, He asked the middle aged couple. It was hard, but we did not have relations for the whole month. They respond, And how about you, he asked the young couple, and the boyfriend replies, no, we couldn't do it. Tell me why, says the priest, Well, my girlfriend had a can of corn in her hand and she accidentally dropped it.
Speaker 3: She bent over to pick it up. And that's what happened.
Speaker 4: And the priest then tells them, you're not welcome in my church. The boyfriend says, well, we're not welcome in the supermarket either.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get it. That's good.
Speaker 1: Good start, really solid, tiptoe just really, that's really good.
Speaker 2: I'll be nice and quick and punch for a cat. Really good stuff that.
Speaker 7: Last week for my joke, that's border like anyway.
Speaker 1: On you, I was run a dating service. If you guys knew that, yeah, for chickens, would you believe?
Speaker 2: But I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I was struggling a lot because it was really hard to make hands mate on words instead of ends. I said, hens, yeah's.
Speaker 7: Playing your that's good sometimes you got to I know this one's directed at you this week. Yes, okay, what's easy to get into but hard to get out of.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would say our boss Josh McCabe's jeans.
Speaker 7: Trouble.
Speaker 2: I like that too.
Speaker 7: Okay, good stuff, guys, we're getting better, refrain, I'm getting better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just so up and down with them too.
Speaker 4: I know you're rather like, you're so extreme with your jokes. Yeah, anyway, she dropped the corn.
Speaker 2: In the.
Speaker 1: And obviously the corn split open and they couldn't go in the supermarkets corn everywhere so embarrassed. That's actually quite good. What you think you can do better?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Then send us a text for double nine nine one nine or better still gives a call thirteen twenty four ten, thirteen twenty four to ten. Really really important moment where you forgot someone's name. My god, it just feels like in that particular moment, your brain could remember everything, every sort of algebraic theorem that you'll never use in your life.
Speaker 2: But that person in front of you, bang, God.
Speaker 3: Who are you? I mean right now, I don't even know your name.
Speaker 2: You don't even know my name, Andrew, pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 3: It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: I mean, how time does that happened to you? Where you meet someone you think it's for the first time, but not so.
Speaker 4: If I had a dollar for every person that has said to me, oh, we've met.
Speaker 3: Before, Okay, okay, I meet a lot of people. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of faces and I can't remember all of them.
Speaker 1: I love it when the follow up conversation is oh, no, no, no, it was actually yesterday we had lunch together, yes, And then the next conversation. Actually, I'm your husband. My name is Greg and you're like nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no. We live together and we have children together.
Speaker 3: Actually you're pregnant with my child.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, twenty four to ten times if you accidentally got yourself, that's ridiculous. Happened to a very good friend and colleague of mine at chapter seven and one of the best in the business.
Speaker 2: That must be said Girty Spurling, Yes.
Speaker 1: Who is just a flawless news presenter and also a weather presenter as well.
Speaker 2: Extraordinary, really good.
Speaker 3: So it has to be said. You don't meet a lot of Girty's, do you.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. So I only know one Girdi. So how could I over forget Gerty's name?
Speaker 3: You couldn't. Yeah, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: We rarely read together, and a few weeks ago we read together for four o'clock Borughton.
Speaker 2: So I did sport and then when I threw back to Gertie, I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was a combination of Gertie actually not knowing who I was, having something else in their head, or just a whole heap of reasons, but this is how it went down and you can probably pinpoint the moment where Gertie's like, I've forgotten your name, and no doubt, Gerdie when that horse Wednesday, Celebrate Responsible.
Speaker 8: Thanks for That's along next with all the Weekend about the details.
Speaker 1: Then so straight away we're going to the aids and we're both at the same time. I've got you forgot my name, She's got I forgot your And then the follow up the next week was me accidentally calling her Gordy Gordy yes, which kind of went under the radar, but.
Speaker 3: Could you do me just play that one more time for me.
Speaker 1: No doubt Gerdie went that horse Wednesday, Celebrate Responsible.
Speaker 9: Thanks for that. A long next with All the Weekend where the detail.
Speaker 1: Framous scam and she'd been reading the last few days with THEO all right, and her brain was like, yeah, it's THEO.
Speaker 2: I know it's not in her defense.
Speaker 4: She's a very busy working mother, okay, and sometimes these things can happen.
Speaker 1: That's probably the first time that Gerty has ever been stunt for words. Brings me back to a time a couple of years ago as well with one of the absolute greats, and that's Jane Doyle.
Speaker 3: Doyen.
Speaker 1: Yes, a Doyen, Jane Doyen, they call her who you're not going to believe forgot a million?
Speaker 2: Ok?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so saying Amelia just threw a really really Australian name in there instead.
Speaker 8: Just sixteen degrees the forecast top four Adelaide. That's around eight below average for this time of year. So grabbed that brolly tomorrow.
Speaker 9: We'll do Thanks Tramp. I thought he was going to be typical spring with her over the next few days.
Speaker 1: So stay you tell me, you tell me when the great million Moldka has ever been chaffed.
Speaker 2: In her life.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But if Jane dow does, he go okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 9: That's good.
Speaker 2: Maybe I have a champ thirteen three four ten.
Speaker 1: Those really critical moments where you've forgotten someone's name that's got you into trouble.
Speaker 3: Have you checked out? What if dot COM's a top ten winter weekend is yet?
Speaker 2: How could I tipon?
Speaker 9: Sin's in there?
Speaker 2: Camera? Kn's the book you were to get away on the way fat?
Speaker 3: What if it's Aussie for travel.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four to ten Those really really tricky moments we forgot someone's name because this happened to me on the weeks ago four o'clock Bullton and I don't read very often. I'm like fifth in line. I reckon real Stephen Bradbury areas when he lined up before the race seventh or right when everyone else is stick and even when that's that's drinking bird, you know, the drinking bird that goes down and up.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's ahead of me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's talented though.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 9: Oh god, a.
Speaker 1: Power very consistent with his button pushing. So Gerdy Spurling, who's as good as they get? And look, I completely forget I understand. I just had a little moment where she forgot my name.
Speaker 2: I threw it back to it, no doubt, Gerdie.
Speaker 1: When that horse winds, they celebrate responsible thanks for that.
Speaker 5: Nearly is along next with all the weekend by the details it happens.
Speaker 1: I don't forget me too. I know sometimes I forget my own name.
Speaker 4: But how does it feel to be that unremarkable that the person sitting next to you on the desk doesn't remember your name?
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, I'm just trying to have fun on a Monday morning. Oh wow, sorry.
Speaker 3: Pierce you through the heart.
Speaker 2: Did it all of the.
Speaker 3: Things I've said to you over the journey. That was it, That was the one that broke.
Speaker 1: Here, that was the one that was the straw, and I am a camel four ten those unbelievably tricky moments.
Speaker 2: We've forgotten someone's name. Good morning to you, Lana from door Park.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hi Lana.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 6: So basically, this was a few years ago, but I went to a festival with a friend and I had to introduce them to some of my old friends. And because it had been so long, I got through about five or six of them and completely deer in headlines forgot one of them. And the look she gave me I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hate this situation.
Speaker 4: But also, Na, don't you start to panic, don't you because you're like in your head going I know all these people, I know them, But because I'm under so much pressure and under the spotlight, I'm every chance of forgetting someone that I should know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the worse. And then you're like, all right, brain, I need you, I need you. What have you got? What have you got? Oh that's not going to help at all. Some monkey playing some symbols. So in a situation like that as well. Here's what you do. You don't introduce their name. You just introduce yourself for other people around, and then when they meet, they're going to introduce themselves. And then when they introduce themselves, you go, oh my god, I'm so silly. I forgot to say your name. There everyone's learning in.
Speaker 3: The process, genuinely don't understand what you just said.
Speaker 2: For good we don't have time to explain. Let's go to Amelia and hectorvil. Good morning, Amelia, this has happened to you.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you. Yes, it has happened to me once, oh, probably more than once, but this particular occasion, I am a speech cheese, so I work with kids with autism, and I accidentally called this twelve year old boy the dog's name. He was twelve. It'll be fine, but because of his autoism, he kind of loves to remind me about it for five minutes every week I see him.
Speaker 9: So that's pretty basic.
Speaker 10: Dogs named Elliott.
Speaker 3: Elliott's mistake to.
Speaker 1: Make either way, was it's not like Fido or Rex or nice Snoopy or something good calls and look if worse comes to worse in the situation like that, just to do what Jane Doyle did to a meal maker mulkay about a year ago.
Speaker 2: Just give me the old chance.
Speaker 8: Just sixteen degrees the forecast top for Adelaid. That's around eight below average for this time of year. So grab that brolly tomorrow we'll do Thanks tramp.
Speaker 3: Now the weekend trap.
Speaker 1: Strutting in. I mean, if we still had MySpace, this is the song. That's fine?
Speaker 3: Yes, so true, mate?
Speaker 4: Am I Hey, hey, Tommy Wren, tell everyone about your little boys night that you'd had during the week for your fortieth birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: The State of Origin.
Speaker 11: And I think I went to see Hazey, But we might have just both been ticking over and we sort of like ships in the night, weren't we? But we were both We're both turning over, weren't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I managed to get into this event after the State of Origin, which was an exclusive Channel nine event.
Speaker 2: We're trying to poach him.
Speaker 1: Quite the opposite, because the word got back to me that the Bostom channel line was said, who the is that? And what's he doing here? There's no budget going on whatsoever. It was me just hanging off Tom Wren.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just a gate crashing.
Speaker 9: Nine of me.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know what was going on.
Speaker 11: I couldn't. I just I just had to have him with me. Yeah, he just had to be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was nice that you walked around the whole night holding him.
Speaker 2: That's origin.
Speaker 11: State versus States would say, that's our.
Speaker 2: Render. Let's talk some footy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get through the heart of the Crows the Sun's to evering punch and refuse to surrender with another Darwin Makter payer.
Speaker 1: Look, we'll talk about the results soon. But the headline tom do Day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, disappointing, isn't it. You know, such an important cog in that defense, and he's going to miss the rest of the season and a fair bit of next season as well. And it's bad timing for him as well, given that he's out of contract at the end of the year as well. So really shattering for him and for the Crows as well. Just from that team perspective, I think it hurts them big time. With that defense, he's so good.
Speaker 4: You genuinely would hope that he won't go back to Melbourne because that's where he's from, So fingers crossed that he sticks around.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's going to be a tricky decision. I mean it was already tough anyway, but I don't know which way that will sway things. And it obviously didn't hurt help on the night either for the Crows who blew a twenty five point lead and end up thirty five point lead in fact and lose by twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, e's likely, hasn't it well, Jody.
Speaker 11: There's only six sides six games this year for the whole competition where a sider is lost by more than twenty five points and then lost six games in total. Crows have been involved in three of them, so you know they it says, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: They've got the.
Speaker 11: Talent they can get there. They're really good when they're going like that second quarter they looked irresistible, but maybe just a maturity thing. They just need to tighten up a bit more, sharpen up. It'll come. But yeah, a bit disappointing they could have won that. That said, Gold Coast, I'm really happy for Stewiet Joe. Seems like every week he's fighting for his job. But they've had another great win and you know they're a chance to play final.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just from a local point of view, as well. We'll out Jacko Cooshis two weeks in row five fire the kid. Hasn't that been a master stroke? Swinging him from defense to forward. It seems to be, you know, taking it beautifully at the moment.
Speaker 2: Genuine swing man. Let's talk port All, they're just determining the bars.
Speaker 11: We've got port Adelaide have a record nine straight wins.
Speaker 1: I thought were going to win by three hundred.
Speaker 2: My goodness, it was.
Speaker 11: It was unbelievable. It was almost like it. You know, halftime they said, okay, guys swapped the jerseys, you know, changed things up. You know, we don't want them to win by too many. It was their highest ever score at half time in the AFL. Looked like it might be their biggest ever win. Hazy, You're right, that first half was just so good. Jeremy Finlayson, how playing at the moment, he was unbelievable. But as and Rosie did what they do, Dan Houston was great again. Look, maybe they just eased through it. You know, sometimes you go into preservation. Moe, just want to get through this week, not get injured. But still a really strong win. They've never won nine in a row and massive fortnite now before the bye. If they can win even just one of the next two against the Bulldogs in Geelong, They're set up beautifully.
Speaker 2: For the back half. And I'll see you what, Ronnie, you have fun selecting the team this week. II. Dixon j come back. Jonas was very very solid.
Speaker 1: Yes, they got through rights fas you got through and Quentin Knarkle twenty nine touches.
Speaker 2: I say it was the best on Grand performance.
Speaker 11: I'd right, he can play. He'd never met his teammates before that game. I mean, he just goes straight in and plays.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. Never to meet you guys. But I'm just going to dominate, going to dominate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So they've got they've got weapons, don't they They've got options.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 11: With Tommy Jonas is the captain, it's a tricky call. And then like you said, Dixon, Boke is there as well as Antasia.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: So it's a massive call for good problem to have. We say it all the time, nice cliche, good.
Speaker 2: Problem, absolutely, flying.
Speaker 3: Just want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: This relationship with port Adelaide Ke Hinckley is something we can go on with.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Tommy?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think we need to we need to assess it, and we need to address this. It was disappointing. They'll bounce back. They'll bounce back. They're still in the top two.
Speaker 2: We're talking tea birds.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, I know, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Mate. Well I'll try and talk about Kenley something else.
Speaker 11: Maybe we'll use another cliche, the loss they had to have.
Speaker 4: Well, I just feel like Collingwood probably not, don't you start.
Speaker 3: I mean Forum, I know, I know, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but to be fair, Collingwood will be defunct by the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they are.
Speaker 4: Playing like they should have played all along, like they've got nothing to lose, and they look quality, and we.
Speaker 11: Look and probably playing for contracts and all that, not knowing where you're going to be next season. So you know, you got to play my best stuff now.
Speaker 4: If ash Brazil ends up a thunderbird, I will just I will run naked down the mall.
Speaker 2: Real, God will turn that into a little stunt.
Speaker 11: We're going to make your weekend sort of maximize this.
Speaker 2: Am I reading this right? Jody? And maybe I've just got this sad mixed up?
Speaker 1: Are you saying that to get the best results out of some of these players that the the franchise needs to become defunct.
Speaker 3: Yes, is that a word? Did I make that up?
Speaker 2: All good? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tip to one coming in a little b later on, and you're going to absolutely grill her about this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've heard about this. I've heard that Jody is ready to go.
Speaker 3: I mean it's going to go one of two ways.
Speaker 4: I will either really just lay into her like that or old fan girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Caine, I ready appreciate your time this morning before we let you go. Yes, we gave you some homework. It is Monday, so we do a little thing called the Monday morning Joke Off.
Speaker 11: Have you done yours already?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, well my job.
Speaker 4: That he asked that question each and every single week. But we joined at ten past seven.
Speaker 3: Mate, before you get in here, I'm a bit nervous.
Speaker 11: Now, Okay, what do you call a factory that is? Okay, a satisfactory okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, just to paint a picture, you've got a champion your own joke for effect, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna say not one of your best.
Speaker 1: Thanks ready, thanks, guys, I think you know what's happening here Joe, I think I know.
Speaker 4: So this is not how I pictured it in my head. I pictured it in my head, Tipped one from the thunder Bers. It was going to come in coming off the back of another massive victory.
Speaker 9: However, here we are.
Speaker 2: Tipper Welcome, good morning, oh dear.
Speaker 3: Just a bit of a nightmare. It's Collingwood on the weekend. What happened?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a bit of a battle out there.
Speaker 12: They're pretty physical, so we probably didn't come as prepared we'd like to. And they had nothing to lose this weekend.
Speaker 9: That's on us.
Speaker 4: That's how I justified it to Hazy when I said, oh, well, Collingwood are about fold basically as a club, so they've come out with absolutely nothing to lose.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I really feel for the girls.
Speaker 12: You know, they were really emotional after the game, so it was kind of a happy ending for them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so what happens to those girls now?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Do they just all split up and go to separate clubs?
Speaker 9: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 12: I think they'll be scrounging around right now trying to find and see what they're doing. But most of us girls don't really know what's happening. Next year, either, So it's pretty stressful for everyone so to be.
Speaker 1: You know when you guys come together at the end and you will lock arms and you all sort of get around each other.
Speaker 3: Where are you going with this?
Speaker 1: Is it always? Is it always like amicable? Or is there sometimes? Because you guys are so physical on the court, and I'd imagine you guys are such competitive beasts, you come together arm and arm towards the end. I'm just kind of I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been some sort of fight at some stage, like because you're all so competitive, do.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I feel like you put up a good front for the cameras sometimes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, maybe I think when we got back to the chain, rooms were a bit more sad.
Speaker 9: But now all the girls all leave it out on court, which is good. We're all pretty good friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's real. Nice vibes about Netba, wasn't it. Can we talk about Shimira Stirling. I've got a massive girl crush on her, Want me too?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is she as cool in real life as she appears to be?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's pretty cool.
Speaker 12: She's just got that Jamaican vibe about her really relaxed but has.
Speaker 9: A good time too, and she knows how to dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she can dance, I was saying to Hazey.
Speaker 4: I went to a game a couple of weeks ago and she was the last one left on court, signing every single last little girl's autograph, and I just thought that was the course.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 12: She's so humble too, so she's always going to do that for her fans. And she loves being in Adelaide too, so it's pretty nice to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be you're reasonably new, but I mean there were some really tough times a couple of seasons ago, and you guys are going so well. It must be really nice to see just this huge amount of support, because not just right now when you guys are up and about, but all those fans they were there through the tough times as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, especially, and you can just see that through Hunter Petty. She's been there for pretty much all of it. And ten years later we're in finals. Like, how amazing is that? It's pretty good for Adelaide and the Thunderbirds.
Speaker 4: I'm going to ask you this question, and I mean your reaction I'll either cry or I'll laugh, is a joy.
Speaker 3: Can you win it?
Speaker 9: Oh for sure? I think you know.
Speaker 12: When we have our strong team of ten in there. You see it saw last week against Fever. We can beat the top teams, the premiers last year. We can do anything, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And don't you think there's a belief now about this side because those games against the Fever, you've beaten them twice in clutch games. Those games in the past you would have lost. Oh, just like you know how to win now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, even last year, I think Eleanor Carbo has been really big for us. She knows how to win. She's come from a team last year that her team won in England, so she's really brought that over and she knows how to win.
Speaker 9: So she's given that to us as well.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to pile a pressure on you, tip up, but look, so JODI's very important in these parts in terms of no over and what she brings to the table and just how up and about she is. I can one hundred percent tell you that if the Thunderbirds don't do well or they lose, then there is a chance that the vibe for the whole week changes based on the Thunderbirds performance. But that's not a pressure situation, just just sort of.
Speaker 3: Tragic about the whole thing. To be honest with you, the biggest support. Now you've held off this long, you can ask about football now.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So your part of this is an unbelievably professional sporting partnership and your partner Josh Dougli of course players for the Brisbane lines and there was a time where he was so important. Adelaid we're in the mix to potentially sign him. So he came down there, had a bit of a look and caught up with a few people and as we do in the news room at Channel seven and everyone, we were trying to get hold of Josh and he was as elusive off the field.
Speaker 2: He couldn't get hold of him anywhere. And then one morning.
Speaker 1: We saw Travis Boke at the airport who told us go home, guys. He's already come through nice and early gone. He's been and gone, which was fine, was good for us. We've got to go back to the office and.
Speaker 2: Then I reckon maybe two weeks later.
Speaker 1: I've gone to my local coffee shop which is in West Croydon on Queen Street, and I'm doing here and this is after he'd signed with Briston. It was all signed and seal, so I, bugger it, I'm going to go speak to him. So just tapped him on the shoulder and so, Josh, you have no idea how hard we were trying to find you over the lasted a few weeks, and he just had a bit of a gigglet it and sort of moved on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, different world.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't know how he slipped in and out. I think we came from Kansas something, so that was probably a bit random.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that would have been good to know, Tip, that's a kid.
Speaker 2: But I think it was early too. It was definitely early when he.
Speaker 9: Left, yeah, I think so. I think he went to Melbourne or something really early.
Speaker 3: How do you go with the long distance you two?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's pretty hard sometimes, but we both get it, I think, both being professional athletes like we get when we need time.
Speaker 9: That's our jobs.
Speaker 12: So but we see each other quite a bit, probably every two weeks, so it's not too bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, beautiful, nice Tip, appreciate you coming in here as well. Don't worry about the weekend. That's it's looking really really good.
Speaker 4: Well, we've already moved on haven't we, Tipper. Yeah, yeah, we're looking forward without no point looking in the rear vision mirror.
Speaker 2: We've just got one foot in front of the other.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 2: Thanks you, Tom, Thanks so.
Speaker 11: Much to the gest week in story this town.
Speaker 2: We're seeing. This is huge.
Speaker 4: This really is breaking news, so breaking that it hasn't even been announced on our screens yet on Sunrise. But the next host of Sunrise has been Announcedollowing cos she's resignation after more than twenty years on the job.
Speaker 3: It's not you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know I have told you that early.
Speaker 3: High hopes, but it's not you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's revealed that Matt Shervington will take over the role.
Speaker 2: Yes, you expected.
Speaker 1: So if you're a betting man and you wanted to make money out of this announcement, you would have had to put on three million dollars just to get back some chump change because he was paying randomly ninety nine cents, So you would have lost money.
Speaker 3: Oh how does that work?
Speaker 2: That's so much of a favorite. He was.
Speaker 3: I don't understand betting. How can you lose money?
Speaker 2: Well, clearly I don't know, very very sure.
Speaker 4: Price was a boy, so he will from Sunrise with Natalie bar So that's good.
Speaker 2: That's really I like that announcement. Everyone loves Suv.
Speaker 3: He seems like a really nice guy. Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Jacques is Zonfrellow's wife Lauren Fryed has taken to social media to thank the public for her for their support of her late husband. So the beloved Chef, of course, was found dead in a Motor Melbourne hotel room earlier last month.
Speaker 3: At just forty six. It was just a couple of.
Speaker 4: Hours, weirdly enough, right before Master Chef was set to air. So his wife Lauren has taken to Instagram to talk about how the last month has affected her.
Speaker 5: It's been a month now since we lost Jock, and I put a line in the sand thinking that at the one month mark I would turn some sort of a corner. Obviously that hasn't happened, and there's no time that I could allocate to say thank you to everyone. I just am overwhelmed by the messages that came in from people all over the world but knew him or didn't know him. I really wish that he knew how loved he was, and he knew the impact that he had on so many people.
Speaker 3: Just so very sad. Sorry, isn't it? Forty six is far too young?
Speaker 2: Oh incredibly, and you have.
Speaker 3: To think about his kids and you know the people that have been left behind. It's awful.
Speaker 4: The Food Fighters have today announced a massive new stadium tour of Australia and New Zealand, their first shows down Under since drummer Taylor Hawkins's death last year. So the band who released their latest album but Here We Are on Friday, will play stadiums right across the country.
Speaker 2: Do you go.
Speaker 4: I would like to pitch something to you, so on Friday in Bob Battle other Bangers exads.
Speaker 2: Thing now is Bob Bob? I lost and it's settled in.
Speaker 4: I lost to your stupid song which I don't even like, and I pitched the Food Fighters pretender. Okay, given now they've announced this tour, there is no better opportunity than right now to play that song.
Speaker 2: That's you know what you're It's quite fair. You really annoys me.
Speaker 1: You always find a way, even if it's not through the books, to get your song on air, don't you.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous, all right? At your request? So this is the Food Fighters.
Speaker 3: Take the buttons off you. You shouldn't be in control. You shouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 4: You time.
Speaker 7: On this day.
Speaker 2: Did you really do that on the weekend? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: My goodness, I'm blushing.
Speaker 2: No one know you're anxious? Yeah kidding. It wasn't that bad. Wasn't that bad? Insert eye roll.
Speaker 1: And a lull.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Let's inject of knowledge in that brain and give you more of a wholesome platform via on this daisy. It's the fifth of June. It's a Monday. Let's go back to nineteen ninety five. Troy Savanna was born in joe Burg in South Africa. Today's his twenty eighth birthday. Somewhat of a little angel, that bloke is.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's very angelic.
Speaker 9: What is he sing?
Speaker 2: What is he seeing?
Speaker 1: What about this one away? I love to listen to the voice superbo. It's tickling my soul right now.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I feel nice. It's really good.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever had my soul tickled, but now I want to.
Speaker 2: That's what Troy's do to you. Fifth of June. Today's actually a World Environment Day as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what I.
Speaker 1: Would say about World Environment Day is what we can absolutely confirm is plants is blazed. He yeah, always have been and always will be. And also if you're.
Speaker 2: A vegan, yeah, just just.
Speaker 1: Think about plants on this particular day, okay, and how many felmilies you've potentially destroyed.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding, my but but.
Speaker 1: I really need to strongly endorse the plants in his players to special day today.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, guys, shout out guys. Yeah, seventeen eighty three.
Speaker 1: Let's go all the way back to your birthday.
Speaker 2: Hello, what happened?
Speaker 1: The first public demonstration of a hot air balloon flight took place in France.
Speaker 2: You'd be nervous when you're oh, yeah, part of that.
Speaker 3: But I'm still to this day nervous about hot air ballooning. I wouldn't do it. I don't think you're in a basket.
Speaker 4: You're in a basket, you guys, with just a balloon and some and some flames.
Speaker 3: I don't like it. I don't like that combination.
Speaker 1: I always wonder as well, like in the cartoons, what if someone shoots a gunder that and just go.
Speaker 4: I don't think it'd be that cute, and.
Speaker 2: Then you hit the ground. There's a couple of birds flying around your head, like.
Speaker 1: And you one of those instant big lumps on your head, or you turn into a xylophone and just sort of walk off because you've hit it.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy seven, Apple World's first personal computer went on sale in the US.
Speaker 3: Was it one of those Apple Max with the big back? Can you remember? And they were colorful?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, remember those? They had big, chunky rear.
Speaker 3: They were logistical junk in the trunk. God, they were the Serena Williams of computer.
Speaker 1: That was some of the absolute greats, I think is what you were getting at twenty eleven. Speaking of tennis, rapping it all, when tenth Grand Slam crown and equaled beyond Borgs record of six French Open titles.
Speaker 2: There were still on still roll. He broke bugs record in twenty twelve. He went on to win the three hundred and sixty eight French Open titles. Did raffa well done?
Speaker 9: Raffer?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: And how many how many ass picks was that along the journey? Oh my gosh, short's out of his butt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, why is this cool? Like and no one else can do this? And be like I think that's cool and now all the kids are picking out wikis.
Speaker 2: Thanks for Raffa on Rafa.
Speaker 3: What a legacy if.
Speaker 2: You really go for it.
Speaker 1: A number one song with June fifth and nineteen ninety eight was Sei la v bo be witch Ah.
Speaker 2: That's the one. That's the one here. Isn't cool? Beit A big show?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, real big show.
Speaker 1: We played McCain pub trivia at home for the first time this morning and did they go off?
Speaker 2: Nessa scored herself a thousand.
Speaker 3: Bars one thousand dollars to pay for her furniture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do that again. That's tomorrow or so our nevos. Pay your bills. Just need to register via the Nova player and hopefully tomorrow we're looking up someone with a nice little chunk of cash toward a bill.
Speaker 4: If you haven't registered for handball Bleach, that's on you. You need to jump on the overplayer and do it because we're going to go out to another school tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to that. Good stuff. Goodbye, take care